PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Game 5

miller0863
1st December 2020, 08:49 PM
Shaktar 2-0 Real Madrid.
Shaktar do the double over Real, Shaktar 2nd, Real 3rd.

Lokomotiv Moscow 1-3 Salzberg

CCTV
1st December 2020, 08:54 PM
Real could be leaving early at the group stages !!

Need a win tonight ourselves.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 11:04 PM
Ajax and Atalanta face off for second spot in the group. Losers getting Europa.

miller0863
1st December 2020, 11:06 PM
Atletico 1-1 Bayern. Glad the Gerries didn’t win yet another game.

Insidious
1st December 2020, 11:10 PM
Real could be leaving early at the group stages !!

Need a win tonight ourselves.

It would be really something if the two sides that DON'T qualify from that group are Real Madrid and Inter Milan, in terms of historical pedigree.

Would be really nice to see the knock-out rounds without Real - such a shower.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 11:14 PM
City & Porto qualify

Bayern's qualify, Atletico second who play Salzburg who need a win to steal second place.

In the final group of the night..
Gladbach are on 8 points playing real on 7.
Inter on 5 host Shaktar on 7 points.

If both games end in a draw Shaktar would qualify on head to head record over Madrid.
If real and inter win, pretty sure Inter would qualify over Gladbach.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 11:15 PM
Obviously if real & inter lose - they're out and Sid wins

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 12:18 AM
wow atalanta couldn't beat the danes

Way to screw it up

I think ajax will be favs to be 2nd now

miller0863
2nd December 2020, 12:19 AM
That’ll be worth watching

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 12:21 AM
That’ll be worth watching

For sure, overall I think ajax are the better team

Atalanta seem pretty awful this season

miller0863
2nd December 2020, 12:45 AM
The away game at Atalanta was how far more games should end. The 5-0 didn’t flatter us and to be fair if you look at the glaring misses tonight, it could have been same again. All four forwards missed chances and Jones hit the post.

Balinkay
2nd December 2020, 08:59 AM
Onana's save off Bobby's shot also only tipped it onto the post.

Steveo
2nd December 2020, 10:36 AM
Ajax are no mugs - ok they are hopeless in front of goal but that apart they are a quality side. Dominated us for long spells. Thank the lord they don’t have a striker.

Steveo
2nd December 2020, 10:44 AM
Onana's save off Bobby's shot also only tipped it onto the post.

Appalling strike - Jota would be getting both barrels for similar.

People can say what they like - anyone who plays up front will tel you - he is angled at the goal clean through - keeper stranded and has a huge target to hit yet he allows the keeper to get a touch.

That and Huntelaars miss both showing how not to do it.

Steveo
2nd December 2020, 10:50 AM
Hoping that Bobby is getting all these misses out of his system. He was never prolific but used to hit the ball with venom and accuracy.

We will need goals against Wolves. They are looking mint.

Balinkay
2nd December 2020, 12:27 PM

People can say what they like - anyone who plays up front will tel you - he is angled at the goal clean through - keeper stranded and has a huge target to hit yet he allows the keeper to get a touch.

I see where you're coming from - it's a comfortable position and space to shoot from. Should really be making it impossible for the goalie to even get a touch. A near-post power strike might even be enough from there - no time to react for poor ol' Onana.

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 12:29 PM

You're brave

All the "onlyfans" of firmino's will come out now!

Some people are into those type of guys /shrug

19x just loves some english sunderland Tyne and Wear dick

Steveo
2nd December 2020, 12:56 PM
You're brave

All the "onlyfans" of firmino's will come out now!

Some people are into those type of guys /shrug

19x just loves some english sunderland Tyne and Wear dick

That's fine.

From my perspective it is a forum and we all have opinions. You will always get a majority who follow the crowd - that is life. I just say it how it is from my point of view.

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 01:02 PM
That's fine.

From my perspective it is a forum and we all have opinions. You will always get a majority who follow the crowd - that is life. I just say it how it is from my point of view.

Me too babycakes

Steveo
2nd December 2020, 01:11 PM
I see where you're coming from - it's a comfortable position and space to shoot from. Should really be making it impossible for the goalie to even get a touch. A near-post power strike might even be enough from there - no time to react for poor ol' Onana.

It is strange too because that is an easy take for Bobby not that long ago. Hopefully it is just a temporary dip in from - has lasted a while - with luck he is about to snap out of it.

skyebo
2nd December 2020, 01:22 PM
I don't know why people thought our group was a tough one. Ajax are top in a weak league, Atalanta will probably disappear from the European scene as quick as they came in, and FC Mid are awful. But for injuries and many changes, we would have won that group by an even bigger margin.

Insidious
2nd December 2020, 01:24 PM
wow atalanta couldn't beat the danes

It happens. It's why (prior to Ajax) I couldn't really understand a few calls for a heavily rotated side against Ajax with a view to assuming we'd win against Midtyjlland.

Yes, we win that match 8/10 times, but with two shots at qualification I felt it best to go "safety first" and ensure a safety net - always wary of single-match situations like that.

Balinkay
2nd December 2020, 03:17 PM
It is strange too because that is an easy take for Bobby not that long ago. Hopefully it is just a temporary dip in from - has lasted a while - with luck he is about to snap out of it.

I don't think it was ever that easy for him, as it would be for someone like Agüero, but it does look like he could use some confidence / form.

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 09:04 PM
How do PSG have Mbappe and neymar..... then Kean who was beyond shit in the EPL?

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 09:07 PM
Neymar gives PSG the lead against the Red Mancs.

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 09:09 PM
How do PSG have Mbappe and neymar..... then Kean who was beyond shit in the EPL?

It's Tuchel's ideal of a 'balanced attack i.e. he has to balance out Neymar's and Mbappe's quality with Kean.

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 09:10 PM
Chelsea take the lead against Sevilla.

miller0863
2nd December 2020, 09:25 PM
Wow. Fred head butted a PSG player, seen by VAR, ref looks at the monitor and only gives a yellow.

How the fuck do they continually get such decisions

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 09:25 PM
Fred pushed his head into Paredes face and somehow escapes with a yellow despite the ref looking at the monitor!!!!! :eek:

WTF!?!?!? And they say the game isn't corrupt? Has Fergie given one of his horses to the ref as an early Xmas present?

What a load of ****. :mad:

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 09:27 PM
Wow. Fred head butted a PSG player, seen by VAR, ref looks at the monitor and only gives a yellow.

How the fuck do they continually get such decisions

If he had used his elbow they would have probably been awarded a penalty.

Pigsy
2nd December 2020, 09:28 PM
I thought you were not allowed to book someone after a var review, only red cards? Insane decision.

miller0863
2nd December 2020, 09:28 PM
I have never seen a yellow for that offence before, ever

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 09:29 PM
I have never seen a yellow for that offence before, ever

Me neither. It's always been a straight red. When he took out the yellow card I thought he was booking Paredes. I should have know better.

justme
2nd December 2020, 09:30 PM
It would have meant they were 1 down and 1 player down and thats not permitted

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 09:33 PM
Someone should conduct a DNA test on the ref to see if he is the offspring of one Mr H.Webb.

And now Trashford scores.

miller0863
2nd December 2020, 09:34 PM
And Utd get a big deflection and equalise. Jesus wept they are still getting an incredible amount of luck.

justme
2nd December 2020, 09:35 PM
Someone should conduct a DNA test on the ref to see if he is the offspring of one Mr H.Webb.

And now Trashford scores.

Check his bank account as well, while they are at it

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 09:35 PM
I can't stand PSG, but this is one of the few games I really want them to win.

miller0863
2nd December 2020, 09:36 PM
I could even stomach a Neymar hat trick in this one

justme
2nd December 2020, 09:39 PM
And Utd get a big deflection and equalise. Jesus wept they are still getting an incredible amount of luck.
Its not luck really,Fred should have been off. says more about the official than anything.

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 09:39 PM
Fred clashes with Paredes again by stepping on his foot and this time Paredes gets booked.

F-me how blatant is this ref?!?!? :mad:

miller0863
2nd December 2020, 09:40 PM
The deflection was most definitely luck

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 09:42 PM
I would love to see an injury time PSG winner from Kean, but you just know if there is going to be a late winner it's going to be a Fernandes penalty.

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 09:43 PM
UTD have to be the most lucky side in the world

how's fred on the pitch?

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 09:51 PM
Unlike another famous Fred, the one playing tonight for Man U definitely has got away with murder.

ianlfc
2nd December 2020, 09:56 PM
Fuck, Paul Scholes is hard to listen to.

CCTV
2nd December 2020, 09:57 PM
Chelsea winning 1-0 Giroud
Dortmund lead 1-0 Guirrero
Simon's Brugge lead 1-0 Ketelaere
Barca lead Fernc in 3-0
Juventus lead Dynamo 1-0 Chiesa

Leipzig beat Istanbul 4-3
Krasnodar beat Rennes 1-0

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 10:01 PM
Fuck, Paul Scholes is hard to listen to.

I was thinking the very same. He gives Judas mk 1 a run for his money in that regard.

Insidious
2nd December 2020, 10:05 PM
Strange how, considering all of the uncertainty that surrounds them these days, Barcelona are actually doing the best in the Champion's League this season - 16 goals scored (as many as Bayern) with only 2 against.

Will be interesting to see where they are come February. Certainly don't back them to win the thing, but it's "only" three ties to navigate to become a Finalist, so if you have some luck in matches and a good draw, anything is possible.

Wonder who they'll face further down the line. They're surely desperate to avoid Bayern.

Never want to peak too early in a Campaign.

justme
2nd December 2020, 10:06 PM
What i find disgusting is the PSG manager is under a lot of pressure to continue in the champions league and you get refs like that. who will cost him his job

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 10:07 PM
Martial misses a sitter.

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 10:09 PM
What i find disgusting is the PSG manager is under a lot of pressure to continue in the champions league and you get refs like that. who will cost him his job

Which is why those that say "decisions even themselves out" are talking utter sloblocks.

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 10:12 PM
Giroud gets his and Chelsea's second of the night.

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 10:15 PM
The rac .... I mean Cavani hits the bar with a chip, and Martial can't put in the rebound.

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 10:22 PM
Marquinhos hits the crossbar with a header.

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 10:27 PM
Marquinhos restores PSG lead.

CCTV
2nd December 2020, 10:28 PM
Cracking player that Marquinhos

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 10:28 PM
Fred has now been sent off!!!!

About time!!!! Lol!!!! :D

CCTV
2nd December 2020, 10:30 PM
Fred gets his second yellow and his second red - waiting on the sidelines now for VAR :D

justme
Fred as been kruggered

RedNoodle
I think I'll have another butchers at 'Red Chaff' after their earlier jubilation at Fred not being sent off, and their equaliser.

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 10:31 PM
Imagine keeping fred on the pitch

Shit manager

stevie harkness
2nd December 2020, 10:32 PM
Right said Fred let's have a cup of tea...

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 10:32 PM
Giroud gets his hat-trick.

A vastly underrated player.

justme
2nd December 2020, 10:33 PM
Here comes Pogba it must be serious

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 10:33 PM
Right said Fred let's have a cup of tea...

Careful. You don't want to overdo it at your age.

stevie harkness
2nd December 2020, 10:36 PM
Careful. You don't want to overdo it at your age.

Haha! :-)

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 10:42 PM
Giroud gets his fourth of the night from the spot.

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 10:48 PM
PSG break from a Man U corner. Mbappe is away and clear. He could feed Neymar but goes alone and puts the ball wide. Neymar will not be happy about that and is likely to not be sending Mbappe an invite to his Xmas and next birthday bash.

RedNoodle
2nd December 2020, 10:50 PM
PSG break again, but this time Neymar finds Mbappe, who feeds Rafinha, who in turn feeds Neymar to turn the ball into the net.

Game over. :D

stevie harkness
2nd December 2020, 10:54 PM
That's a tight Group H now with three teams on 9 points and one game to play.

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 10:54 PM
well played Ole keep starting fred, and never sub him!