Insidious
1st December 2020, 10:51 PM
Assuming Alisson is still out -

..........................Kelleher

Williams....Matip........Fabinho.....Robertson

.............................Wijnaldum

...................Henderson.........Jone

...Salah..............Firmino..........Jota

I'd ideally like to rest Mane as he has played a lot, but naturally trust Klopp's judgement on whoever gets the nod.

At last, some reprieve - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday without a match.

Can go strong against Wolves and then can FINALLY play a fringe/youth side against Midtyjlland should we so wish, having done the job against Ajax.

Joint top of the League, last 16 of the Champion's League. Considering everything, that isn't half bad at all!

justme
1st December 2020, 10:56 PM
I would go for Matip along side Philips and have our trusty Fabinho/Henderson/Wini in midfield. a front 3 of Mane Firmino and Salah

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 11:09 PM
Kelleher

N.Williams Matip Fabinho Robertson

Jones Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Mane's been our main man v Wolves the last few meetings, love Jota, don't think he was great tonight, but apparently we don't talk about that, even when not scoring Mane's been hugely influential in the goals we've scored and I don't like Jota at LFWD for us, I think he disrupts that side of our play by continually coming short, it's our strongest side and needs leaving as it is and it thrives off the runs in behind, they're more important to our left side functioning than they are our right

jozza800
1st December 2020, 11:21 PM
Kelleher

Salah Firmino Mane

Mane's been our main man v Wolves the last few meetings, love Jota, don't think he was great tonight, but apparently we don't talk about that, even when not scoring Mane's been hugely influential in the goals we've scored and I don't like Jota at LFWD for us, I think he disrupts that side of our play by continually coming short, it's our strongest side and needs leaving as it is and it thrives off the runs in behind, they're more important to our left side functioning than they are our right

That's the team I'd go with. Jota was bobbins tonight.

ianlfc
1st December 2020, 11:23 PM
Jurgenhas just said said Robbo had a proper knock on the ankle tonight and played through.

Nineteenx
1st December 2020, 11:36 PM
That's the team I'd go with. Jota was bobbins tonight.

I liked that midfield 3 tonight, it reminded me of the run in Fabinho's absence, except for in that run all 3 mids were taking up the No6 position quite readily when necessary, including Ox, Lallana, Milner, basically any player who played with Hendo and Gini, I think Gini plays a lot better with Hendo for company, until tonight it has always been with Hendo starting at No6 but them readily interchanging positions, tonight in the second half we moved Gini to No6 and pushed Hendo up high pressing to nullify their threatening left hand side and it worked a treat, it's a good job Fabinho's impressed so much at CB, as for me Hendo, Thiago (if we ever get him fit) and now Gini are all ahead of him to start at or play at No6.

I keep saying it, but what was a DM role at No6 has evolved into a CM role and Fabinho just isn't a CM, you only need to look at our form from the moment he was brought back in at CM last season, the losses, the draw v Burnley, the amount of goals we started shipping and the nature of them to know that, some people just don't want to admit though, but the results and performances don't lie, they absolutely and categorically support my opinions on the issue.

CCTV
1st December 2020, 11:52 PM
Assuming Alisson is still out -

..........................Kelleher

Williams....Matip........Fabinho.....Robertson

.............................Wijnaldum

...................Henderson.........Jones

...Salah..............Firmino..........Jota

I'd ideally like to rest Mane as he has played a lot, but naturally trust Klopp's judgement on whoever gets the nod.

At last, some reprieve - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday without a match.

Can go strong against Wolves and then can FINALLY play a fringe/youth side against Midtyjlland should we so wish, having done the job against Ajax.

Joint top of the League, last 16 of the Champion's League. Considering everything, that isn't half bad at all!

I'd go with that for the midfield selection.

I'd probably go with Mane on the bench as he plays more.
Total b team v midjie

Kev0909
2nd December 2020, 12:25 AM
I'll go for your team sid, not 100% robertson will start but hope so and have a rest afterwards

I think he's been on the verge of picking up a injury for a while

Insidious
2nd December 2020, 10:01 AM
I'll go for your team sid, not 100% robertson will start but hope so and have a rest afterwards

I think he's been on the verge of picking up a injury for a while

Robertson is a tough call - if we were playing an "easier" side than Wolves I might have taken a calculated gamble and given Tsimikas the nod - however once the Wolves game is done, we have Midtyjlland (kids/fringe possible) and then Fulham.

With respect to the likes of Williams (who was good against Ajax) I think playing Williams AND Tsimikas would be too big a loss against Wolves, hence Robertson's inclusion - in my eyes he can miss Midtyjlland and Fulham.

With Mane, I really want to play him in terms of selection choice, but do feel that rest is needed for him more than most. I think Klopp will field him against Wolves, but I personally wouldn't use him for more than the last 30 minutes or so if we can avoid it, ideally not at all.

Nineteenx
2nd December 2020, 10:17 AM
The medical staff will assess who's in the best shape and we have a full 4 days to recover, then a full week as i expect as many of our best 11-14 as possible to be rested for the final Champions League group game, although that isn't as easy because we have to select from the ECL squad we picked and so can't just send out a full team of ressies.

Hopefully we'll have 2 or 3 back by next midweek or the following weekend

Nineteenx
2nd December 2020, 10:24 AM
The pundits are pissing me off "When we had to deal with it" they NEVER had to deal with anything like this at all, the Christmas schedule once a year sure, but this has been the Christmas schedule since we started back and with the money grasping FAs squeezing in friendlies so international breaks which usually had only 1 or 2 games are now having 3 games crammed into them

Steveo
2nd December 2020, 10:55 AM
Don’t let the pundits get to you. They are payed to talk and stir shite.

Like a broken record...Jota up top - Bobby behind with Hendo & Gini sitting - unless Klopp is determined to spite his face.

LEGS
2nd December 2020, 11:53 AM
The medical staff will assess who's in the best shape and we have a full 4 days to recover, then a full week as i expect as many of our best 11-14 as possible to be rested for the final Champions League group game, although that isn't as easy because we have to select from the ECL squad we picked and so can't just send out a full team of ressies.

Hopefully we'll have 2 or 3 back by next midweek or the following weekend

The team against danes should be.

Adrian/Kelleher
Williams Billy the kid Williams Greek lad
Clarkson Cain keita
Shaq Minamino Origi

Dont care if we lose either and it will be good to watch up and coming players in action.

skyebo
2nd December 2020, 01:35 PM
Alisson
Williams N
Matip
Philips
Robertson
Henderson
Fabinho
Wijnaldum
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Insidious
4th December 2020, 09:52 PM
Wonder if we'll see a tactical surprise from them, in an attempt to exploit our perceived weaknesses.

Throwing Traore up top for example, attempting balls over the top for him to run onto, flanked by Podence and Neto, rather than Traore starting wider.

dicko1969
5th December 2020, 10:38 PM
Gk

TAA Matip Fabinho Robbo

Hendo Gini Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Maybe a couple of players back soon

Keita
Ox
Milner

Vvd back in light training already
Gomez
Shaqiri MIA

dicko1969
5th December 2020, 10:39 PM
Wonder if we'll see a tactical surprise from them, in an attempt to exploit our perceived weaknesses.

Throwing Traore up top for example, attempting balls over the top for him to run onto, flanked by Podence and Neto, rather than Traore starting wider.

Neto is a great player
Quick a.f
And eye for goal
Impressive for over a year now.

ianlfc
5th December 2020, 11:01 PM
The match is on Amazon prime and not sky or bt . So get yourselves sort well in advance.

Insidious
6th December 2020, 07:16 PM
Liverpool: Kelleher, N. Williams, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Jones, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Keita, Minamino, Jota, Tsimikas, Phillips, Alexander-Arnold.

justme
6th December 2020, 07:17 PM
Liverpool: Kelleher, N. Williams, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Jones, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Keita, Minamino, Jota, Tsimikas, Phillips, Alexander-Arnold.

Nineteenx
6th December 2020, 07:24 PM
Team confirmed:

Kelleher

Salah Firmino Mane

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, get the win and another vital 3 points here tonight

jr81
6th December 2020, 07:26 PM
Team confirmed:

Kelleher

Salah Firmino Mane

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, get the win and another vital 3 points here tonight

Sky sports are saying Allison is starting?

faridtoxteth
6th December 2020, 07:27 PM
Guardian also have Alison starting.
But i think it will be Kelleher

Steveo
6th December 2020, 07:29 PM
Not my preferred choice of starting lineup but can’t moan with the full front 3 - worry about the keeper today... Different test in the league to Ajax far more pressure IMO.

EDIT: Shite don’t we even know who is starting goal.?

Hope it’s Alisson .

jr81
6th December 2020, 07:29 PM
Guardian also have Alison starting.
But i think it will be Kelleher

Just seen on twitter James Pearce has Kelleher starting.

faridtoxteth
6th December 2020, 07:30 PM
Redmen TV have Kelleher, that is good enough for me.

Kev0909
6th December 2020, 07:30 PM
Not my preferred choice of starting lineup but can’t moan with the full front 3 - worry about the keeper today... Different test in the league to Ajax far more pressure IMO.

EDIT: Shite don’t we know who is starting goal.?

well you can if salah and mane play how they have been lately we're in for some fun

At least salah hits the net if we get enough chances

firmino no comment on him henderson wij need to keep Neves and moutinho quiet

RedNoodle
6th December 2020, 07:31 PM
Sky sports are saying Allison is starting?

As was mentioned before, the Grauniad said exactly the same. They changed it in between seeing that they had included Alisson and me refreshing the page. Utter twadges.

RedNoodle
6th December 2020, 07:32 PM
I'm a bit concerned about Neto v Neco.

Steveo
6th December 2020, 07:35 PM
I'm a bit concerned about Neto v Neco.

Yep - looks a mismatch - Trent on the bench at least.

Kev0909
6th December 2020, 07:39 PM
Skysports line - up kelleher in goal

Headline " ALLISON STARTS"
??????????

CCTV
6th December 2020, 07:40 PM
Lfc twatter has Kelleher starting

stevie harkness
6th December 2020, 07:41 PM
Two goalkeepers, genius from Klopp

Kev0909
6th December 2020, 07:42 PM
Lfc twatter has Kelleher starting

sky useless C***S

stevie harkness
6th December 2020, 07:42 PM
Didn't Kelleher start his career as a striker?!

Steveo
6th December 2020, 07:43 PM
Yes talked about it on Amazon just now..

Paul Scholes is working the mic.. I shit you not

Kev0909
6th December 2020, 07:44 PM
It's changed now yeah someone should be getting sacked

RedNoodle
6th December 2020, 07:46 PM
It's changed now yeah someone should be getting sacked

In this day and age you don't get sacked for incompetence, only for 'stepping out of line/not going along with the narrative that is being pushed by certain quarters at the time.

miller0863
6th December 2020, 07:53 PM
Can’t get Amazon to work. It’s like I have a poor internet connection but I don’t. It’s connecting to Sky & BT.
Tried loading it onto my phone but it’s doing exactly the same.
Never had an issue with Amazon before

Bleedin typical

ianlfc
6th December 2020, 07:53 PM
Yes talked about it on Amazon just now..

Paul Scholes is working the mic.. I shit you not

I've Bein sports thankfully

Steveo
6th December 2020, 07:54 PM
https://i.ibb.co/pnhLXXj/EBD7-FB32-0-F72-41-D5-877-C-58-B2713-B82-E1.jpg

That’s a lot of minutes.

Of the big 6 clubs - we have 5 players in the top 8 for mins played

RedNoodle
6th December 2020, 08:01 PM
@Steveo

I was just about to post the same before I had to take care of something else.

That is one of the reasons why we need a big squad, full of quality. I know people keep harping on about wages, and players not being happy to sit on the bench etc, but if you want sustained success across multiple competitions, you need a deep and quality laden squad.

Steveo
6th December 2020, 08:03 PM
Yep Noods totally agree.

Artisan
6th December 2020, 08:06 PM
The match is on Amazon prime and not sky or bt . So get yourselves sort well in advance.

Thanks mate, wasn't aware...

Nineteenx
6th December 2020, 10:23 PM
Kelleher

Salah Firmino Mane

Not rocket science was it, as I have been saying, play as many of your best 11 from your Champions League and Premier League winning side, in their best positions, and lo and behold, we look like that team again

dicko1969
7th December 2020, 03:53 AM
Gk

TAA Matip Fabinho Robbo

Hendo Gini Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Maybe a couple of players back soon

Keita
Ox
Milner

Vvd back in light training already
Gomez
Shaqiri MIA

Pretty obvious tbh nx19

dicko1969
7th December 2020, 03:54 AM
Just depended on TAA...
Who came on @ 65mins

Steveo
7th December 2020, 09:58 AM
Not rocket science was it, as I have been saying, play as many of your best 11 from your Champions League and Premier League winning side, in their best positions, and lo and behold, we look like that team again

Really -? Didn’t know you had said such a thing.. I am sure it’s new to us all... :D

Mate it ain’t too clever to crow after one result. What was your thesis on the 5:0 away to Atalanta..? Or the home win v Leicester City.?

You have to accept every game is different dude. You sound like you are lecturing Klopp - but not tongue in cheek - as though you actually believe you know better than he. Surely you don’t really believe that...?

For the record a full strength Wolves - WITH Jimenez - got smashed 4:0 at West Ham... Had Gollum hit the formula too..? Come on geezer. It’s football I thought you knew the game..? Starting to wonder

vin
7th December 2020, 10:24 AM
You have to accept every game is different dude. You sound like you are lecturing Klopp - but not tongue in cheek - as though you actually believe you know better than he. Surely you don’t really believe that...?

In a nutshell. Everyone has an opinion, but ultimately there are very few people (in fact I'm struggling to think of any) whose opinion I'd value over Klopp's. He doesn't get it right all the time (who does) but some of 19x post/thesis is written in a manner in which he believes he has superior football coaching knowledge to Klopp. They are semi-interesting posts some of the time. And obviously, everyone is entitled to an opinion - e.g. some loons on here think Arteta has worked out Klopp!!!!

CCTV
7th December 2020, 11:11 AM
Really -? Didn’t know you had said such a thing.. I am sure it’s new to us all... :D

Mate it ain’t too clever to crow after one result. What was your thesis on the 5:0 away to Atalanta..? Or the home win v Leicester City.?

For the record a full strength Wolves - WITH Jimenez - got smashed 4:0 at West Ham... Had Gollum hit the formula too..? Come on geezer. It’s football I thought you knew the game..? Starting to wonder

They were so shocked to see Bobby not starting they slipped into complacency

Steveo
7th December 2020, 11:25 AM
They were so shocked to see Bobby not starting they slipped into complacency

Haha... good one...

But seriously - people forget how many close shaves we had in both seasons...97 points and 99 AND in the CL. Qualified from Group on GD - Came from 3 down v Barca missing key players etc... These games were won through sheer belief....will and a steel mentality more than anything else. We have seen Klopp bring in players we thought were "clearly not ready" :D. Ahem Neco...to name just one.. - yet they performed. You have to be big enough to accept that Jurgen Klopp - despite not listening to me - silly fella - might just know better..

Balinkay
7th December 2020, 12:40 PM
Didn't United have 11 1-0 wins in 2009? Almost like top sides are good at winning games by the slightest of margnis... :D

Steveo
7th December 2020, 12:54 PM
Didn't United have 11 1-0 wins in 2009? Almost like top sides are good at winning games by the slightest of margnis... :D

Absolutely and you need plenty of luck too. Mecheda came in and effectively won them a title they nearly lost. Point being precisely the same as we have now with Klopp... Ferguson instilled that belief across the squad...and had players often with little to no experience - who were mentally conditioned well enough to come in and perform. Mentality is what made the teams of Shanks and Paisley - Like with Fergie and Jose ... They didn't just happen to always have the best players - they also built a belief system. What gets you through those tough 1 nil wins or last gasp winning goals is that belief....at least in my opinion.

Interesting article from a similar stage of the season in 2009

Sir Alex Ferguson flummoxed by Manchester United injury crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/dec/06/manchester-united-wolfsburg-injury-crisis

Balinkay
7th December 2020, 01:30 PM
Very much so, Steveo. It's important to instil that fear and belief we'll get the last gasp winner in our opponents too.

Steveo
7th December 2020, 01:53 PM
100% - you can actually smell the fear in some games. You know v Brighton - had they not got that Soft pen so late - we would have scored - they would have been defending on their 6 yard box .

Nineteenx
7th December 2020, 02:44 PM
In a nutshell. Everyone has an opinion, but ultimately there are very few people (in fact I'm struggling to think of any) whose opinion I'd value over Klopp's. He doesn't get it right all the time (who does) but some of 19x post/thesis is written in a manner in which he believes he has superior football coaching knowledge to Klopp. They are semi-interesting posts some of the time. And obviously, everyone is entitled to an opinion - e.g. some loons on here think Arteta has worked out Klopp!!!!

I don't think that, sometimes Jurgen does get it wrong, not very often, but when he does it's usually major league, like bringing Fab back in last season when we'd been far better without him or recognising Gomez's frailties when required to do actual real defending, but every manager in history has 'favourites' that can trip them up, Fab and Joe are Jurgens

Nineteenx
7th December 2020, 03:06 PM
Haha... good one...

But seriously - people forget how many close shaves we had in both seasons...97 points and 99 AND in the CL. Qualified from Group on GD - Came from 3 down v Barca missing key players etc... These games were won through sheer belief....will and a steel mentality more than anything else. We have seen Klopp bring in players we thought were "clearly not ready" :D. Ahem Neco...to name just one.. - yet they performed. You have to be big enough to accept that Jurgen Klopp - despite not listening to me - silly fella - might just know better..

And he's still not ready, but has improved a lot as someone has very obviously had a word with him on the key points: Keep it simple Do NOT try dribbling the ball past 3 opposition players on the edge of your own box When the ball is there to be put in, put the fucking thing in Stand up, get to potential crossers quickly and stop them

As Miller pointed out Captain fantastic coached him superbly through the entire game v Ajax

As for performing, it was better, but having to move Hendo from CM to RCM to protect him and stifling our midfield creativity is far from ideal, Jurgen, brilliant as ever recognised this v Wolves and moved Hendo back to CM Gini to RCM and Jones to LCM and about 1 minute later we opened the scoring from one of Captain fantastics trade mark balls

Steveo
7th December 2020, 03:30 PM
Hendos ball was a simple headed clearance to play from Agent Coady. In fact he could and should have headed it comfortably to a Wolves player without losing possession - in fact the ball was so easy to intercept he tried to chest the darned thing.

You are not seriously claiming it as a great ball. I mean Hendo will also get an assist for Gini’s goal but again it’s a looping forward ball and the player has all the work to do.

Come on you are clearly pedalling an agenda dude.

Nineteenx
7th December 2020, 04:56 PM
Hendos ball was a simple headed clearance to play from Agent Coady. In fact he could and should have headed it comfortably to a Wolves player without losing possession - in fact the ball was so easy to intercept he tried to chest the darned thing.

You are not seriously claiming it as a great ball. I mean Hendo will also get an assist for Gini’s goal but again it’s a looping forward ball and the player has all the work to do.

Come on you are clearly pedalling an agenda dude.

That ball certainly wasn't his best, but those balls over the top or to either flank are what Mane and Mo thrive off and were the main contributor and start point to almost all our goals last season, indluding the ones played by Virgil, we don't really play through teams, Thiago was no doubt bought to improve our ability to do that, we won so many games from being more direct, taking 4 or 5 opposition players out of the game with switches or attempted balls over the top and supporting the switch with LCM RCM, Bobby and either full back

Look at Mo's celebration, 2 hands pointing straight to Hendo, very telling

We are a very direct team

It was great to see Mane and Mo looking constant threats again and Robbo and Trent, it was great to see Matip and Fab attempting those longer switches and balls over the top too and Robbo's ball down the line to release Mane was the pass of the evening

Edit: Also you always knock Hendo but plenty of players including all our other mids except Thiago can't play those passes or get them badly wrong. I watched a UAE FC game about 3 or 4 weeks back and bacon face tried 10-15 of those switches and hit every one out of play or so the defender could clear or intercept. Bacon face of course has considerable other talents around the box, but i was literally pissing myself watching it thinking about your comments on the subject

Steveo
7th December 2020, 08:11 PM
No no no - but I don’t knock Hendo at all 19... come on mate.. You must be confusing me with someone else. I used to call him ordinary , years back when he was..... guess what.. ordinary. I was one of the first to comment on his mahusive improvement more than 2 years ago . And he has improved beyond anything many of us could have imagined.

I think he is absolutely key to our current best 11 and one of the first names on the sheet.

Nineteenx
7th December 2020, 08:42 PM
No no no - but I don’t knock Hendo at all 19... come on mate.. You must be confusing me with someone else. I used to call him ordinary , years back when he was..... guess what.. ordinary. I was one of the first to comment on his mahusive improvement more than 2 years ago . And he has improved beyond anything many of us could have imagined.

I think he is absolutely key to our current best 11 and one of the first names on the sheet.

I was possibly thinking of someone else then, the injury crisis has been something of an eye opener in respect of his knockers, you know the ones who were insistent he'd only won anything because of x y or z player, when thus far (touch wood)and at the end of last season too results and performances appear to have unquestionably shown that hendo at CM is the single player we missed the most and struggle the most without

vin
7th December 2020, 08:47 PM
It's reaching to call the pass for the first an assist. Coady f**ked it totally.

skyebo
7th December 2020, 09:00 PM
An assist means you find a team mate with a pass, not the opponent. The only assist came from Coady for that goal.

Nineteenx
7th December 2020, 11:49 PM
It's reaching to call the pass for the first an assist. Coady f**ked it totally.

I didn't call it an assist, 'from Hendo's ball' is what i wrote

Steveo
8th December 2020, 12:18 AM
I didn't call it an assist, 'from Hendo's ball' is what i wrote

Correct - that was my mention of what will go down as an assist for Gini’s lovely finish - probably made it look like you had mentioned an assist when you didn’t.

Classic example of how forums can lead to misunderstandings.

dicko1969
8th December 2020, 03:42 AM
Absolutely and you need plenty of luck too. Mecheda came in and effectively won them a title they nearly lost. Point being precisely the same as we have now with Klopp... Ferguson instilled that belief across the squad...and had players often with little to no experience - who were mentally conditioned well enough to come in and perform. Mentality is what made the teams of Shanks and Paisley - Like with Fergie and Jose ... They didn't just happen to always have the best players - they also built a belief system. What gets you through those tough 1 nil wins or last gasp winning goals is that belief....at least in my opinion.

Interesting article from a similar stage of the season in 2009

Sir Alex Ferguson flummoxed by Manchester United injury crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/dec/06/manchester-united-wolfsburg-injury-crisis

On the injuries a lot only a month.
But funny ; Giggs at full back Evra CB.
Also funny the list of injuries...
Then at the end Hargreaves KNEES !

Their Mr Shaqiri/ Keita / Ox / Matip in 1

dicko1969
8th December 2020, 03:43 AM
Winjaldum world class