PDA

View Full Version : Your team v Midtyjlland (Champion's League)

Insidious
6th December 2020, 10:02 PM
..........................Absolutely

Delighted....That......Our.....Fantastic

...........................Lads

.................Will............Finally

...Get..............Some..........Rest

Hope we see fringe and Youth - as "weak" a team as we can possibly play. Get everyone else in the ice bath/sauna/jacuzzi/whatever and hopefully by the time the likes of the Fulham (and especially Spurs) match(es) come around we have one or two more back and Trent is fit to start matches, giving us another percentage towards being at our best.

Nineteenx
6th December 2020, 10:18 PM

Hope we see fringe and Youth - as "weak" a team as we can possibly play. Get everyone else in the ice bath/sauna/jacuzzi/whatever and hopefully by the time the likes of the Fulham (and especially Spurs) match(es) come around we have one or two more back and Trent is fit to start matches, giving us another percentage towards being at our best.

That's DEFINITELY the team for this game, rest as many of our best 11-15 currently available as possible, rest for Robbo, Fabinho, Matip, Trent, Hendo, Gini, Mane, Bobby, Mo and Jota, I'm not usually an advocate of such things, but this schedule is absolutely fucking ridiculous and they all need a break this midweek, I hope the young lads and fringe players do us proud

Kev0909
6th December 2020, 10:19 PM
Play the youth and fringe players like the Greek

if there's a youngster (forward) in the champions league squad, give him origi's position origi doesn't deserve to start any game

Balinkay
6th December 2020, 10:20 PM
Kelleher

Williams - Williams - Koumetio - Tsimikas

Dickson-Bonner - Jones (c) - Clarkson

Millar - Minamino - Origi

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/clubs/7889--liverpool/squad/

stevie harkness
6th December 2020, 10:36 PM
I agree with resting those nineteen mentions, unless Trent needs another half an hour.

Not sure about champions league squad rules to be honest but I would actually like to see Tsimikas, Rhys Williams, Koumetio, maybe minutes for Minamino and Keita would help them, Shaq and maybe a last hurrah for anyone leaving after Christmas.

southernboy
6th December 2020, 11:02 PM
I’d be surprised to see Keita. Surely he’s done his minutes for this month.

But yes, definitely rest as many first team players as possible. However, knowing Klopp as we do, I suspect the lineup will be a lot stronger than we would like.

Balinkay
6th December 2020, 11:04 PM
I can imagine management telling him he shouldn't totally disrespect the competition (like he does with the cups) as it'd make for bad publicity.

CCTV
6th December 2020, 11:39 PM
I can imagine management telling him he shouldn't totally disrespect the competition (like he does with the cups) as it'd make for bad publicity.

WWWHHHAAAAATT !!

Resting players is good for lfc fans & the team, we're the grouptoppers already.
It makes no odds to Ajax or Atalanta in the 2nd/EL decider.
Gives the midtjies a better chance to earn some points & money.

Nineteenx
6th December 2020, 11:44 PM
WWWHHHAAAAATT !!

Resting players is good for lfc fans & the team, we're the grouptoppers already.
It makes no odds to Ajax or Atalanta in the 2nd/EL decider.
Gives the midtjies a better chance to earn some points & money.

Exactly rest all our best 11 players and play a team and subs of fringe and youth players

Edit: i'd even go as far as giving those best 11 players i mentioned earlier the night off entirely and not even making them travel except for the closeness and togetherness of the group we know Jurgen likes to keep

ianlfc
6th December 2020, 11:48 PM

I can imagine his response. 2 words and the 2nd being off !!

CCTV
6th December 2020, 11:48 PM

Shut the front door !

skyebo
6th December 2020, 11:58 PM

I don't think they'd be bothered Bali. Other teams who are already through will probably play weakened teams as well.

dicko1969
7th December 2020, 03:44 AM

Pretty excited how well this team will do tbh.

dicko1969
7th December 2020, 03:49 AM
Let's see how many dickheads will find fault in the performance

dicko1969
7th December 2020, 04:01 AM
Kelleher

Neco Williams Phillips Beck

Cain Clayton Clarkson

Millar Minamino Origi

VDB
Koumetio
Longstaff
U18s

Balinkay
7th December 2020, 08:13 AM

Not sure about that at all. I doubt they'd ask for anything unreasonable, but there's absolutely no way he's going out with the team I proposed.

reddownunder
7th December 2020, 08:42 AM
Kelleher

Neco Williams Phillips Beck

Cain Clayton Clarkson

Millar Minamino Origi

VDB
Koumetio
Longstaff
U18s

Phillips isn't in the squad so it's a chance for big Billy the kid. I'd like to see Tsimikas get another game too

stevie harkness
7th December 2020, 08:50 AM
If we rest the best then of the remaining players who we have registered for the champions league:

GOALKEEPERS
Kelleher, Adrian, Jaros

DEFENDERS
N Williams, R Williams, Koumetio, Tsimikas

MIDFIELD
Cain, Longstaff, Dixon-Bonner, Clarkson,
Larouci listed as midfielder
Shaqiri listed as injured
Keita

FORWARDS
Minamino
Origi
Millar
Stewart
Harvey Elliott listed, can he be recalled?!

justme
7th December 2020, 09:27 AM
For one game??

stevie harkness
7th December 2020, 09:31 AM
For one game??

See Nat Phillips last season

But I was more curious that he's in the champions league squad at all and therefore part of a plan to recall him in New Year, nah probably another admin error

redebreck
8th December 2020, 04:47 PM
Klopp may give Adrian one last chance in goal, I reckon.

justincredible
8th December 2020, 05:29 PM
Only because he won't want to risk Kelleher.
But I reckon he'll give Kelleher another game to gain more experience.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 12:44 AM
Fresh legs indeed Jurgen

Kelleher

Williams Williams Koumetio Tsimikas

Minamino Jones ??????

?????? Jota Origi

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 05:46 PM
Team confirmed:

Kelleher

Trent R.Williams Fabinho Tsimikas

Keita Clarkson Minamino

Salah Jota Origi

Stronger than expected or I would have liked, I'd have just played the kids and second string, we've already won the group and players need rest, still, if Jota and Mo line up as I have put them it does present a good opportunity for the pair to work on building their relationship for when Jota plays at No9

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's get the win and another vital 3 points here tonight, vital in the sense of winning is a very good habit to keep in ;)

LEGS
9th December 2020, 05:54 PM
Fabinho starting is just mental if he gets injured we are in the sh*t.

Im worried if he gets injured we will have a rookie against Kane/Son....yeah he could get injured at Fulham but the smart thing is to reduce the game time

justme
9th December 2020, 05:58 PM
Is there 3 or 5 subs in the champions league?

faridtoxteth
9th December 2020, 06:03 PM
I don't remember seeing Leighton Clarkson play. Did he play in that cup game where there were loads of kids and an ex man u academy player scored an own goal in front of the kop to see us through? Am I remembering that right or is my memory getting too fucked now?
Does Clarkson play as a sitter or more offensive mid?

LEGS
9th December 2020, 06:05 PM
Is there 3 or 5 subs in the champions league?

5 subs thankfully.

stevie harkness
9th December 2020, 06:16 PM
Thought we'd see Adrian in goal and try Kelleher at centre back rather than risk Fabinho but hey.

Billy Koumetio on the bench

faridtoxteth
9th December 2020, 06:18 PM
Hope we see Billy second half. His mythological status seems to improve the less we see of him.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 06:19 PM
Thought we'd see Adrian in goal and try Kelleher at centre back rather than risk Fabinho but hey.

Billy Koumetio on the bench

I hope Billy would start, I hope he comes on at HT for Fab and Neco at HT for Trent, probably see Bobby and Mane at HT for Origi and Mo and have Jota at RFWD too, 45 minutes of Jota building his relationship and understanding with Mo, 45 minutes of Jota building his relationship and understanding with Mane and Bobby

Insidious
9th December 2020, 06:27 PM
That side is far stronger than I'd have liked truthfully.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 06:32 PM
That side is far stronger than I'd have liked truthfully.

Me too, I was well up for cheering the kids and fringe players on for the entire game

faridtoxteth
9th December 2020, 06:38 PM
maybe jurgen thought it would be a bit insulting to Midtyjlland. He is always thoughtful about showing respect to teams who most would consider benaeth us.

dicko1969
10th December 2020, 05:24 AM
Someone talking about money influencing team selections and trying to win it.

Klopp got the game management spot on

Fabinho 45min
Keita 60min
Hendo 30mins
Robbo 30mins

Not too strenuous on muscles or tiredness.

Perhaps TAA and Mo the only ones that maybe played too much.
I guess Tsimikas would have played 90mins with either TAA or Mo being replaced.

Hopefully next weekend more bodies back.

dicko1969
10th December 2020, 05:26 AM
V FULHAM

Kelleher

TAA Matip FABINHO ROBBO

HENDO GINI KEITA

SALAH FIRMINO MANE