PDA

View Full Version : FC Midtjylland v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 06:39 PM
FC Midtjylland

Hansen, Cajuste, Cools, Paulinho, Dreyer, Evander, Kaba, Mabil, Onyeka, Scholz, Sviatchenko.

Subs: Andersen, Andersson, Dyhr, Hoegh, Isaksen, Ottesen, Pfeiffer, Sery, Sisto, Thorsen, Vibe.

Liverpool

Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, R Williams, Fabinho, Tskimikas, Clarkson, Keita, Minamino, Jota, Origi, Salah.

Subs: Adrian, Jaros, Wijnaldum, Firmino, Mane, Henderson, Jones, Robertson, Matip, Cain, N Williams, Koumetio.

Referee

Francois Letexier.

Insidious
9th December 2020, 06:44 PM
Keita likes a give-and-go as well as a dribble.

Minamino likes a give-and-go.

Curious to see if they can work anything together.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 06:45 PM
Kelleher

Trent R.Williams Fabinho Tsimikas

Keita Clarkson Minamino

Salah Jota Origi

Stronger than expected or I would have liked, I'd have just played the kids and second string, we've already won the group and players need rest, still, if Jota and Mo line up as I have put them it does present a good opportunity for the pair to work on building their relationship for when Jota plays at No9

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's get the win and another vital 3 points here tonight, vital in the sense of winning is a very good habit to keep in ;)

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 06:48 PM
I wonder why Klopp has selected as strong a team as he has? I hope we don't pick up any more injuries. :cower:

justme
9th December 2020, 06:50 PM
Minamino needs a good game hes been an headless chicken so far

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 06:51 PM
Minamino needs a good game hes been an headless chicken so far

I also think he needs to bulk up a little bit.

CCTV
9th December 2020, 06:53 PM
Early kick off!!

CCTV
9th December 2020, 06:54 PM
A lot stronger than I was expecting

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 06:54 PM
Stay safe Red men!!!!!

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 06:55 PM
Here we go Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 06:57 PM
Boooooooooooooom get the fucking FUCK in 1-0 Salaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, nick yourselves a quick fire second here now

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 06:57 PM
Get in Mo!!!

Lol!!! :D

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 06:58 PM
Mo is now our top scorer in the history of the CL, overtaking Gerrard.

justme
9th December 2020, 07:00 PM
Daft play from Origi there.. Minamino was expecting him to keep running and he should have.

justme
9th December 2020, 07:01 PM
Oh we scored? fking links gone down

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:02 PM
Two Midget-Land players go down after a clash of heads/faces.

Balinkay
9th December 2020, 07:05 PM

That's... impressive.

Does that stat also count the previous formats?

RedNoodle
Origi has his ankle stepped on and goes down.

Please no more injuries FFS!!! :(

justme
Woah was a nasty challenge on Origi

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:06 PM
That's... impressive.

Does that stat also count the previous formats?

I'm not 100% sure but they did say in the CL. not the EC.

faridtoxteth
9th December 2020, 07:07 PM

I think Mo is on 22. i think Gerrard has bout 30

Crimson Dynasty
9th December 2020, 07:08 PM
Yes this is yet another show-me game for Origi and Minamino - especially Origi.

He can't have any excuses for another lackluster lethargic display.
Against weaker opposition in a mostly rubber match - no better opportunity to make a statement.

Minamino also needs to step up in this game and at least show somthing.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 07:08 PM
I think Mo is on 22. i think Gerrard has bout 30

Doubt the commentary team are wrong about Mo becoming our all time leading scorer in the Champions League

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:11 PM
Doubt the commentary team are wrong about Mo becoming our all time leading scorer in the Champions League

I dunno so much. The useless ****s still can't even pronounce Firmino's and Fabinho's names correctly.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:12 PM
That was a good ball from Minamino,. A pity that Mo was offside.

justme
9th December 2020, 07:12 PM
I often check the list of all time scorers. Salah is 2 behind John Barnes now.

faridtoxteth
9th December 2020, 07:13 PM
Clarkson is doing ok. But he is so small. Hope he is still growing. you feel he would get murdered in the prem.
We don't have many tall players actually do we, outside the back four.

Insidious
9th December 2020, 07:13 PM

Mo never has 31, surely?

I wonder if they meant full-stop? Mo might have more goals in the Champion's League than Gerrard, but some may have been for Chelsea/Roma?

That's my suspicion.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:14 PM
Tsimikas plays a lovely ball to Jota but he can't quite get it under control.

Crimson Dynasty
9th December 2020, 07:14 PM
Diogo!! Close!

Awkward save from the Midgetland goalie.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 07:15 PM
Is Dreher German? Herr Dreher

Jota needs to show more on the left when he starts there, I know Mane's an incredibly difficult act to step in for and they have different styles, but there he just needed to be strong and get hold of the ball, early yet though, I fully expect him to bag a brace

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:16 PM
Another good ball from Minamino.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:17 PM

I heard that it doesn't take much for him to take a tumble.

Crimson Dynasty
9th December 2020, 07:17 PM
Keita is yet another with a lot riding on this game and a lot to prove.

Starting with staying on the pitch uninjured for the full 90 (or however long Klopp leaves him out there for).

I hope we see the Ox at some stage.
I forgot to check if he was even included in the squad.

justme
9th December 2020, 07:18 PM
Not saying Clarkson is the same has Modric but hes not big and gets away with it. Same with Kante he isnt a tall player.
You can get away with height in modern day football. The ball is usually played on the floor not head tennis. well apart from Burnley

Crimson Dynasty
9th December 2020, 07:18 PM

Any relation to Herr Dreh(ss)er?

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:19 PM
The Ox isn't on the bench so he's obviously not quite ready to return just yet.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 07:19 PM
Much better from Jota there, Origi should have played him in rather than look for Mo, great strength and lay off and then a great run

faridtoxteth
9th December 2020, 07:20 PM
According to wiki Gerrard does have 30 CL goals Mo salah 23
just saying

Steveo
9th December 2020, 07:26 PM
According to wiki Gerrard does have 30 CL goals Mo salah 23
just saying

Wiki is bollox though

Gerrard 21 CL goals according to Transfermarkt

Wiki is adding goals in qualifying which is NOT the CL

RedNoodle
Lol @ Tsimikas trying to score with an overhead kick. :D

southernboy
I wonder why Klopp has selected as strong a team as he has? I hope we don't pick up any more injuries. :cower:

Because we’re Liverpool and it means more. ;)

Joking apart, it is a proper CL fixture and there’s history and all that. I’m guessing that Salah will only play the first half. It would certainly be disappointing to get injuries tonight, just as we’re starting to see some improvement in situation.

stevie harkness
PSG winning 3-0

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:27 PM
Origi puts a shot wide. He had a lot more time than he though he had.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:29 PM
Fabinho hooks a shot off the line and prevents Midget-Land from equaising.

Crimson Dynasty
Fabinho with a goal-line clearance.

He's the epitome of cool, class and composure in that backline.

Looks like he's been doing it forever.

southernboy
Maybe Gerrard’s 30 CL goals include the early qualifying rounds. We were frequently in them in his days.

RedNoodle
I like Fabinho at CB.

Steveo
9th December 2020, 07:32 PM
Maybe Gerrard’s 30 CL goals include the early qualifying rounds. We were frequently in them in his days.

They do and they don’t count

boom-klopp
9th December 2020, 07:33 PM
minimoto must be the worst signing we’ve made in recent years.
truly horrible player and a coward to boot. if you’re going to duck out of challenges son, you’re in the wrong place.

faridtoxteth
9th December 2020, 07:34 PM
Wiki is bollox though

Gerrard 21 CL goals according to Transfermarkt

Wiki is adding goals in qualifying which is NOT the CL

Ok fair enough. Didn't he score five in one match against Total Network solutions!

Crimson Dynasty
9th December 2020, 07:35 PM
Danish Reds fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone outside the stadium.

Class.

justme
9th December 2020, 07:35 PM
minimoto must be the worst signing we’ve made in recent years.
truly horrible player and a coward to boot. if you’re going to duck out of challenges son, you’re in the wrong place.

Last time you appeared you attacked Elliot now its Minamino... How about some credit for the current champions?

Steveo
9th December 2020, 07:36 PM
Ok fair enough. Didn't he score five in one match against Total Network solutions!

Yes but they were wired.. :D

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 07:38 PM
I like Fabinho at CB.

I love him at CB, I like him as a out and out sitting DM too, he's an exceptional player when in a defensive role with everything in front of him

He's not quite Matip's level at CB, but he's not far of it at all, can't choose between them on the deck, Matip's much better on the air for me though

Van Dijk, Matip, Fabinho, Rhys Williams, Phillips, Gomez is our CBs in order of quality/ability for me

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:39 PM

Class.

I wondered why they were playing YNWA. Those fans have loud voices.

Crimson Dynasty
9th December 2020, 07:40 PM
Yes but they were wired.. :D

Good one.

Totally wired.
.....with lots of bandwidth

RedNoodle
Jota has a shot parried by the keeper.

justme
If the Danes keeping pushing to close the ball at the pace they will be shot to pieces at 70 minutes saying that they can have numerous subs to offset that.

Crimson Dynasty
9th December 2020, 07:42 PM
I wondered why they were playing YNWA. Those fans have loud voices.

I did too, but the commentators mentioned it how they're outside, and you're right they're really loud because you can hear them singing again.

I don't know how it's working with social distancing rules in Denmark with the COVID and all, but.......good one, Danes.

Great hosts.
It's like a home game, almost.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:43 PM
Keita shoots straight at the keeper. Either side and it would have been 2-0.

Not a bad first half considering there is sweet fa on the line.

Crimson Dynasty
9th December 2020, 07:44 PM
The official club Twitter account puts the Salah goal record debate to bed with a tweet hailing him as all-time CL leading scorer now with 22 to Gerrard's 21

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1336741451812786179

justme
9th December 2020, 07:44 PM
half time, should have more goals they will come in the second half

southernboy
9th December 2020, 07:45 PM
Right let’s get Salah and Jota wrapped in cotton wool. Pleasantly surprised that Keita has survived 45 minutes.

RedNoodle
I did too, but the commentators mentioned it how they're outside, and you're right they're really loud because you can hear them singing again.

I don't know how it's working with social distancing rules in Denmark with the COVID and all, but.......good one, Danes.

Great hosts.
It's like a home game, almost.

It often is like that when we play anywhere in Scandinavia.

stevie harkness
Ajax 0-0 Atalanta HT

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:46 PM
Right let’s get Salah and Jota wrapped in cotton wool. Pleasantly surprised that Keita has survived 45 minutes.

That's it. It's now nailed on that he'll go down at some point in the second half and it's going to be all your fault! :mad: + ;)

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 07:47 PM
HT 1-0

Over to Jurgen to work his HT magic as ever and make sure we're A LOT better second half, I expect we'll likely see Billy for Fab, Mane for Mo, Bobby for Origi, Williams for Trent and Jones for Kieta at some point

I am very interested to see Mane Bobby Jota again, Jota likes to drop off, it doesn't really work on our left for me, but when he played on our right it worked a treat, like to see Jota smarten up his passing, he's flunked every chance he's had to put a player through so far in his Liverpool career, except for when he released Bobby who absolutely should have scored

faridtoxteth
9th December 2020, 07:51 PM
With regard to Minamino, I think he was one of those signings that happen sometimes when a player has an outstanding game against us, it makes the manager see more in him than is often there. So Minamino was great against us in the CL. Jota also played really well against us i remember. But if we are scouting properly, and i believe we have great scouting system, then how they played against us shouldn't matter. But we all remember Klopps face on the touchline when Minamino scored that goal at the anfield road end.
Going back, i think Rafa got Peter Crouch in on the back of a great game against us for Southampton.
and going back even further (one for the kids) I remember Graeme Souness gave one of his best most terrifying performances for Middlesboro against us.. a week later he was a Liverpool player. So sometimes it works.

faridtoxteth
9th December 2020, 07:53 PM
HT 1-0

Over to Jurgen to work his HT magic as ever and make sure we're A LOT better second half, I expect we'll likely see Billy for Fab, Mane for Mo, Bobby for Origi, Williams for Trent and Jones for Kieta at some point

I am very interested to see Mane Bobby Jota again, Jota likes to drop off, it doesn't really work on our left for me, but when he played on our right it worked a treat, like to see Jota smarten up his passing, he's flunked every chance he's had to put a player through so far in his Liverpool career, except for when he released Bobby who absolutely should have scored

Jota is getting a bit of a kicking, I hope he gets rested second half. I imagine if Billy comes on he wouldn't play with Rhys williams but with either Fab or Matip to talk him through it.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:53 PM
Crouch was decent for us, and It's possible we would have won against Milan in our second final against them if Rafa had started him.

ianlfc
9th December 2020, 07:54 PM

Class.

I was wondering that, though I just thought it was sound effects.
Great effort from the Danish Kop.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 07:56 PM
I was wondering that, though I just thought it was sound effects.
Great effort from the Danish Kop.

As did I and Crimson. Danes obviously have good lungs.

ianlfc
Last time you appeared you attacked Elliot now its Minamino... How about some credit for the current champions?

He famously said Mane was useless.

justme
The ref in the second final against Milan was a cheat.. from my recollection he refused to let the game flow. It was free kick after free kick for nothing.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 07:57 PM
With regard to Minamino, I think he was one of those signings that happen sometimes when a player has an outstanding game against us, it makes the manager see more in him than is often there. So Minamino was great against us in the CL. Jota also played really well against us i remember. But if we are scouting properly, and i believe we have great scouting system, then how they played against us shouldn't matter. But we all remember Klopps face on the touchline when Minamino scored that goal at the anfield road end.
Going back, i think Rafa got Peter Crouch in on the back of a great game against us for Southampton.
and going back even further (one for the kids) I remember Graeme Souness gave one of his best most terrifying performances for Middlesboro against us.. a week later he was a Liverpool player. So sometimes it works.

Minamino for me has had a touch of the 'thinking he's arrived/made it" having signed for Liverpool that far too many players had in the dark days, he needs to realise as does any player signing for Liverpool, that when they sign for us, THAT is when the really hard work starts and they need to prepare themselves to work harder than ever

justme
Wow hes an expert this fella :D

RedNoodle
The ref in the second final against Milan was a cheat.. from my recollection he refused to let the game flow. It was free kick after free kick for nothing.

I can't remember. It was too painful for me to ever watch it again. :(

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 07:58 PM
Second half imminent, Billy on for Fab

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, nick yourselves an early goal this half too

RedNoodle
Wow hes an expert this fella :D

Nailed on for a job in the media.

ianlfc
As did I and Crimson. Danes obviously have good lungs.

hopefully it will be on social media later.

King Billy now on for the 2nd Half !!

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 08:00 PM

Leaves me wondering if it's a second account here that Kev has after his carry on with club legend Bobby, he's not around tonight is he

faridtoxteth
9th December 2020, 08:02 PM
Koumetio won three headers already.
He is unbeatable in the air, but maybe suspect in bringing the ball out.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:02 PM
Midget-Land hit the crossbar. :eek:

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:03 PM
They are getting in on our goal a bit too easily.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 08:04 PM
I've never ever rated Origi at LFWD and was genuinely bemused Jurgen kept playing him there, tonight however I wish he'd move Origi to LFWD abd ask him to make runs in behind and put Jota at No9

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 08:08 PM
I like Tsimikas

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:09 PM
I like Tsimikas

And just as you say that he goes down and requires treatment.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 08:09 PM
Commentary right about the defence, communication communication communication

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:11 PM
Robertson is warming up. You can all blame Nineteen for cursing Tsimikas. ;)

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 08:12 PM
Come on Jota lad, another flunked attempt when he should have played Mo through, he does really need to work on that aspect of his game, everything else has been excellent so far, his final ball has been rubbish

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 08:13 PM
How's the ref given a pen when it was offside? Come on Kelleher

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:14 PM
WTF?!?!?

The player is offside but the ref still gives Midget-Land a penalty. Utter sloblocks!!!!!

Insidious
9th December 2020, 08:15 PM
Sample size isn't big but that was a damn good effort at the save from Kelleher.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 08:15 PM
1-1 quite sure it was offside and shouldn't have been a pen

miller0863
9th December 2020, 08:16 PM
Only against us can someone be offside but win a penalty

RedNoodle
VAR needs to be ****ed off until they sort out the implementation of it.

Crimson Dynasty
Apparently is wasn't offside, and that's what precipitated the penalty check.

Steveo
I like Tsimikas

Yep looks dynamic

justme
went down like a sack of spuds

Crimson Dynasty
9th December 2020, 08:18 PM
Would have preferred for us to put this one away early, but these are the sort of things that happen when you keep even a mediocre team hanging around.

Especially with our history and record with VAR.

Nineteenx
Robbo on for Tsimikas, Hendo on for Keita, really didn't want either of these involved

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, get yourselves back in front here now

RedNoodle
went down like a sack of spuds

Just like Dreyer, he likes to take a tumble.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:19 PM
I need a couple of choc digestives to calm me down.

LEGS
9th December 2020, 08:19 PM
Id get Trent off now get Neco on.

Steveo
9th December 2020, 08:21 PM
Point is we don’t give a flying monkey about the result here - why use players we can’t afford to risk...?

justme
9th December 2020, 08:22 PM
Im still confused how wasnt that offside before the penalty? to be fair the linesman on this side as been ignoring offsides all evening.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:23 PM
Firmino is coming on for Origi.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:24 PM
Salah is blatantly impeded, but the ref gives us nothing. What a ****.

Crimson Dynasty
9th December 2020, 08:24 PM
Why is Mo still on the pitch?

We're begging for an injury against him at this point.
Goes down holding his side after taking a slight knock but mostly seems to be fine.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 08:25 PM
Point is we don’t give a flying monkey about the result here - why use players we can’t afford to risk...?

I don't care, and i'm not like that, it's win win win every game for me, friendlies the lot, but these are exceptional times, we've already won the group, we have 3 Premier League game in 6 days, who gives a fuck about Mityland away in a group in which we're already guaranteed top

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 08:26 PM
Bobby on for the ineffectual Origi, should have sold him after we'd won the Champions League like I said

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 08:27 PM
Needs Hendo in the centre here to improve this, Clarkson's done reasonably well, but he's not controlling the middle

southernboy
9th December 2020, 08:28 PM
It’s all a bit meh to be honest. Just want it over with and get the lads home.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:29 PM
Needs Hendo in the centre here to improve this, Clarkson's done reasonably well, but he's not controlling the middle

Again just as you say that he puts an effort well wide. We'll have to start calling you JinX instead of NineteenX.

LEGS
9th December 2020, 08:31 PM
It’s all a bit meh to be honest. Just want it over with and get the lads home.

Same here just dont want any injuries that is my main concern.

Its mental risking first teamers in a nothing game.

Should have got Cain on give him some minutes.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:31 PM
If the ref allows this I really don't know what to say.

justme
9th December 2020, 08:32 PM
Even Uefa are cheating with the VAR. the took that image before the ball was played and the Danish player moved offside. Camera images are so easy to con people.
It was the same with Necro penalty in the Brighton game. From behind it looked like Nero made the first contact when front on the Brighton player ran into Necro

Crimson Dynasty
Sick to death of VAR.

I really am.

southernboy
VAR. Killing football.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:34 PM
VAR. Killing football.

If you need to go to the bog, don't wait for HT, just wait for VAR to get involved with something.

Crimson Dynasty
9th December 2020, 08:34 PM
They should make an amendment to the VAR rules that if the idiots in the booth can't come up with a decision within a time-clock countdown (Let's say 90 seconds), then we just go wiith the ref's on-field decision, correct or not.

It's the interminable waiting and waiting while they line up those stupid lines trying to find an offside that just does me head in.

God, just get on with it.

It's killing the game, this.

skyebo
9th December 2020, 08:35 PM
VAR. Killing football.

Only the ones that brought it in will disagree with that.

justme
9th December 2020, 08:36 PM
Are Everton playing us this evening? These twats have been very aggressive all game.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:38 PM
Mane is coming on. WTH is Klopp thinking?!?!?

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 08:39 PM
Mane coming on, Jurgen really REALLY wants to win this one, forwards aren't getting any kind of service from Clarkson in the centre though

Oh come on Jota lad, you HAVE to find Robbo there, a simple simple ball

RedNoodle
Kelleher comes up with a good save.

Crimson Dynasty
Kelleher is our Number 2.

No question about it anymore.

Sorry Adrian, but it's now settled.

southernboy
9th December 2020, 08:41 PM
If you need to go to the bog, don't wait for HT, just wait for VAR to get involved with something.

Lolz Probably even time for a number 2.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:42 PM
Hendo comes up with a good last ditch tackle after Midget-Land break.

Crimson Dynasty
9th December 2020, 08:43 PM
How is that offside?

What the fuck?
That came off the defender.

These VAR officials are on crack tonight.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:43 PM
Minamino looks to have had a goal ruled out for offside. However VAR is getting involved, and after I changed my score from 2-1 to 3-1. it's bound to be given.

Crimson Dynasty
9th December 2020, 08:44 PM
....and then because they're also so incompetent in the VAR booth, they have to add 8 minutes of added time all just down to the time they took during the game to make VAR calls.

What a bunch of twats.

justme
9th December 2020, 08:45 PM
the dick couldnt wait to give it offside

Nineteenx
Mane on for Jota, not a good night for Jota tonight, missed about four glorious opportunities to play a team mate in, don't think he's suited to our left, don't think he should have been played there with Origi through the centre anyway, that didn't do him any favours, no excuses for the poor attempts to put other players through, as brilliant as he's otherwise been, the poor attempted through balls have been a consistent theme so far

RedNoodle
The goal isn't given, which denies Minamino a much needed goal, and me having something else to bemoan my luck over.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:46 PM
the dick couldnt wait to give it offside

He's been the epitome of a 'homer'.

southernboy
9th December 2020, 08:46 PM
I thought the VAR guys in Europe were meant to be good, but this has been fucking amateurish

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:47 PM
Mane on for Jota, not a good night for Jota tonight, missed about four glorious opportunities to play a team mate in, don't think he's suited to our left, don't think he should have been played there with Origi through the centre anyway, that didn't do him any favours, no excuses for the poor attempts to put other players through, as brilliant as he's otherwise been, the poor attempted through balls have been a consistent theme so far

His passing and first touch were poor all night.

Nineteenx
Not sure about that one, looks like Mane may have headed it onto his own hand and it then hit their players hand, didn't look like that though

LEGS
Its completely destroying the game ALL ppl talk about is VAR

Good job nothing riding on this match.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:50 PM
I thought the VAR guys in Europe were meant to be good, but this has been fucking amateurish

The original officials came down with food poisoning after having kebabs from a dodgy local takeaway, so they replaced them with Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 08:51 PM
This French ref has been a dick and a homer all game, the big twat

justme
9th December 2020, 08:52 PM
Haaa he gave that against Robbo was other way around

southernboy
9th December 2020, 08:52 PM
Cannot believe Salah played the whole game. Madness.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 08:53 PM
Well, decent game time for a few of the youngsters, played players none of us really wanted to see playing in this one

All the focus as ever on the next game getting the win and another vital 3 points

stevie harkness
9th December 2020, 08:53 PM
Ajax heading out

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:54 PM
Well we've learned that some of our fringe players still need to develop/improve a bit. Kelleher however is coming along nicely.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 08:55 PM

I hope someone asks him what his thinking was behind doing that.

I cannot see any logical reason why he would do such a thing.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 09:00 PM
I hope someone asks him what his thinking was behind doing that.

I cannot see any logical reason why he would do such a thing.

We're Liverpool, he wants to win EVERY game, can't fault that at all even if all of us here, even me, would have been happy to play all youth and second string throughout and with whatever result that produced

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 09:01 PM
We're Liverpool, he wants to win EVERY game, can't fault that at all even if all of us here, even me, would have been happy to play all youth and second string throughout and with whatever result that produced

All games are not equal.

ianlfc
9th December 2020, 09:04 PM
This French ref has been a dick and a homer all game, the big twat

That made me laugh 😆 🤣

southernboy
9th December 2020, 09:05 PM
To be fair all of the 18 officials were shocking.

ianlfc
9th December 2020, 09:06 PM
Between that ref tonight and the one in the Utd game proves referees and VAR are as bad in Europe as in England.

LEGS
9th December 2020, 09:08 PM
If its possible VAR is actually getting worse each season !

Its here to stay I know that why arent we hearing what the ref and VAR officials are saying like you can do in rugby/cricket what are they hiding ???

If we hear the reasons on the spot not a few days later that is not acceptable when millions are at stake.

It is actually a potential nightmare for teams near the bottom of the league they could lose £130m in tv money with one of these random decisions which they shouldnt get wrong when you get to see a replay.

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 09:13 PM
Case closed on the LFWD position, Mane offered more threat in 8 minutes than Jota managed in 82, No9 or RFWD for Jota me thinks, it's odd because at Wolves where he was excellent also, Jota played LFWD, but on the counter and dropping into left mid a lot of the time, which was why I was astonished v UAE FC that when Jurgen reverted to a 442 he moved Mane of LM when Jota's far more used to that position and countering devastatingly from there and Mane had UAE FC's new CB on toast and had won our early pen, still bemused and somewhat pissed off at that game and letting them off the hook as we did and the bizarre decision making

Nineteenx
9th December 2020, 09:33 PM
So based on who played tonight and for how long and how many minutes they've already played Sunday's team looks like

Kelleher

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Jones Henderson Wijnaldum

Jota Firmino Mane

justme
9th December 2020, 09:59 PM
Gotta laugh at the officials for the Minamino second goal.. Firstly tried offside to deny us then claimed it came of Mane's arm first.. Neither were correct. But who cares about getting it correct?? when your cheating?.

Balinkay
9th December 2020, 10:07 PM
Erm... but it did come off Mane's hand. The last angle I saw showed it super clearly.

Kev0909
9th December 2020, 10:09 PM
Minamino score?

Hah too good to be true, sorry folks

Missed the game as i've been out walking with a buddy since 1 casual 30 miles was a nothing game really anyhow

Kev0909
9th December 2020, 10:23 PM
Leaves me wondering if it's a second account here that Kev has after his carry on with club legend Bobby, he's not around tonight is he

Unlike you I don't spend 24/7 on these forums

Or have to justify myself with 1000 posts a day about the same thing, trying to prove myself i'm right about everything or 5000 post words of nonsense

Fabinho great again BTW! from the hightlights/ what people have said, a very under-rated player you shit on all the time! - perhaps you need to go specsavers? reason why he starts most games, even in CM when VVD was fit, but you know better than Klopp I suppose

I'm sure there will be statue's of bobby outside the ground like you said, "club legend"! another word very easily used, along with world class, salah however - deserves to go down as a legend, if he stays here a bit longer too, a proper legend truely the world class player in the team, apart from VVD at his best

Also you dig at Jota for having a bad game, the same as bobby has many of times, at least he's scored more goals already than bobby probably for the season, hilarious that isn't it?

fabinho 2nd most passes, 2nd most interceptions 3rd most clearences, most tackles by a quite a bit 20v12 henderson in our team

Pure shit mate

Jota 5 goals in 20 shots
Firmino 2 in 21 shots

Yet jota hasn't played as much as firmino came off the bench quite a bit, and has the same amount of shots nearly, not bad guess what, he also runs a lot! oh my days

*** Based only on EPL otherwise it would be even more

sydenham red
9th December 2020, 10:25 PM
To everybody asking why we brought so many first teamers over and then started some and subbed more on, i heard there was 2.5 million for the winner of the game. UEFA incentive to keep the interest for both teams where 1 is already guaranteed 1st and the other 4th place. Lets be honest, if we had just not turned up for the match and took a 3-0 defeat UEFA would have been fuming and maybe kicked us out. JK did mention midlands motivation and money in 1 of his interviews recently.

Balinkay
9th December 2020, 10:26 PM
Tbf The Fabulous one is only underrated by 19. :D

teesred
9th December 2020, 10:37 PM

Klopp doesn't have a leg to stand on now when moaning about fixtures and injuries when hes played first teamers in that game. Ideal opportunity to rest them and recharge a bit and he didnt use it.

Kev0909
9th December 2020, 10:46 PM
Tbf The Fabulous one is only underrated by 19. :D

sick of the bullshit

Yeah I go on about firmino, and he seems like untouchable by most people when he has a poor game, which let's face it he's had plenty lately but fast improving (at least I can say that, while 19x just digs at fabinho whenever he can however he plays normally when talking about henderson too)

Yet jota has a bad game oh my days!!! it's not the fabulous anymore, it's Jota the scapegoat!

Can't even be arsed to reply anymore, it's boring :lol:

Also saying every game is must win good attitude yes, but i'd rather not risk injury's tonight in a nothing game, seems like we've come out of it OK, really doesn't matter that we drew- and some of the young lads got a chance which is brilliant and a win in that respect saying must win must win or come on get another goal when we're 4-1 doesn't make you more of a top fan

Origi really doesn't want to be here does he? Haha, he really can't be arsed

P.S i hope fabinho shoves it up 19x arse, right in, straight up the arse up the bum job done, destroyed

Thank god we've got Fab at CB.. but we still even miss him winning that ball in midfield, but apparently according to the expert here it's due to firmino not playing at the time so brighton bossed the midfield, and has happened a few games! not that we're a pushover or something sometimes without him in there

if it was down to him we'd just have henderson in midfield sometimes in the games it just goes from defense>attack and midfield goes missing! (when wij tends to go AWOL too normally)

SydneyLFC
9th December 2020, 10:47 PM
Klopp doesn't have a leg to stand on now when moaning about fixtures and injuries when hes played first teamers in that game. Ideal opportunity to rest them and recharge a bit and he didnt use it.

I agree - smacks of hypocrisy. The kids did okay - can't say the same for a number of the senior players. Confirmed that Minamoto, Origi, Tsimikas, and Keita are rusty and potentially not good enough for this squad. Diogo Jota was poor tonight... lacked pace and precision. Disappointed.

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 10:52 PM
I agree - smacks of hypocrisy. The kids did okay - can't say the same for a number of the senior players. Confirmed that Minamoto, Origi, Tsimikas, and Keita are rusty and potentially not good enough for this squad. Diogo Jota was poor tonight... lacked pace and precision. Disappointed.

Tsimikas didn't look too bad.

LEGS
9th December 2020, 11:01 PM

He is decent but he seems to pick up a few injuries hopefully just being safe with him.

Kev0909
9th December 2020, 11:04 PM
Did anyone actually play that well tonight??

when you know it's a nothing game i'm not all that surprised, even klopp probably said, whatever you do, don't get injured and look after yourself

Doesn't sound like I missed anything looking through this match thread

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 11:16 PM
Did anyone actually play that well tonight??

when you know it's a nothing game i'm not all that surprised, even klopp probably said, whatever you do, don't get injured and look after yourself

Doesn't sound like I missed anything looking through this match thread

Kelleher, apart from giving away the penalty.

Kev0909
9th December 2020, 11:27 PM
Kelleher, apart from giving away the penalty.

as long as we pick it up for fulham, i'm not bothered! the game after will be the biggest test v spurs before the new year then we've got some ok fixtures on paper, if we beat spurs I can honestly see us winning every remaining game (this year)

West brom palace and newcastle, i'm not saying they'll be easy- especially palace away (although they're very hot and cold lately/ this season in general hopefully they'll be cold when we play em)

we have players coming back etc too should be fine fingers crossed

RedNoodle
9th December 2020, 11:28 PM
One game at a time.

SydneyLFC
9th December 2020, 11:33 PM

He wasn't the worse performer. Obfo always going to compare him to the fantastic incumbent but he appeared slow and lightweight. Maybe, he'll surprise me but I'm not confident... same applies to Minamoto. Origi looks like he just can't be arsed anymore or the penny's dropped. Fab was fab.

southernboy
10th December 2020, 01:24 AM
Klopp: "VAR too too long. Haven't seen it back and they were difficult to make but it all took 3 or 4 mins. It took too long and it was really cold. I used to be one of the people who say 'VAR is a good idea' but I'm not sure I'd say that again now to be honest."

You’re not alone boss.

dicko1969
10th December 2020, 03:44 AM

Fabinho only 45mins
Henderson 35mins
Robbo 30mins
Firmino 10mins

Hardly going to cause muscle stress or tiredness.
It's more after 70mins mark.

Perhaps Salah, Jota, TAA should have played less so overall a good night.
Probably Tsimikas would have played 90mins and the substitution would have been used for either Salah or TAA instead of Robbo.

dicko1969
10th December 2020, 03:45 AM
Klopp: "VAR too too long. Haven't seen it back and they were difficult to make but it all took 3 or 4 mins. It took too long and it was really cold. I used to be one of the people who say 'VAR is a good idea' but I'm not sure I'd say that again now to be honest."

You’re not alone boss.

What was the difference between Maguire handball for Pogba goal

And

Mane "handball" ??

Balinkay
10th December 2020, 08:07 AM
Having seen both multiple times, I still don't think Maguire handled it. If anyone has a good video, please share it.

teesred
10th December 2020, 08:22 AM
Fabinho only 45mins
Henderson 35mins
Robbo 30mins
Firmino 10mins

Hardly going to cause muscle stress or tiredness.
It's more after 70mins mark.

Perhaps Salah, Jota, TAA should have played less so overall a good night.
Probably Tsimikas would have played 90mins and the substitution would have been used for either Salah or TAA instead of Robbo.

Fair points yes but it will be the first thing that's thrown at him if he mentions it again.

justincredible
10th December 2020, 02:02 PM
Thank gawd for VAR. Correct decision....

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/12/09/video-slow-mo-clip-shows-what-really-happened-with-mane-minamino-incident/

dicko1969
10th December 2020, 09:01 PM
Is there any footage of Pogba goal v Leipzig.

Looks like after he heads it , it then goes in from Maguire hand.

Balinkay
10th December 2020, 09:30 PM
Is there any footage of Pogba goal v Leipzig.

Looks like after he heads it , it then goes in from Maguire hand.

Looked like that from the first replays I saw, but the last one showed it wasn't the case.

dicko1969
10th December 2020, 10:34 PM
https://youtu.be/VguNg1pH07o

1min30

dicko1969
10th December 2020, 10:38 PM
Second replay easy to see the change of ball direction.

Now sounding bitter ... if that was Liverpool they would have analysed it 5 or 6 mins in 6 different cameras.

Did you see v WHU the kick out from the gk where the ball went out for a throw in by a good few metres.

Then a goal resulted from that.

Manu get decisions all the time going for them. Must have the best VAR ratio in Europe !

I saw last season Real Madrid getting some incredible decisions in their favour.

One offside to rule out a goal against them springs to mind.

Balinkay
10th December 2020, 10:45 PM
Going frame by frame in that replay it looks like decidedly doesn't touch his arm, dicko.

Agree they've been getting Fergie levels of bullshite decisions recently. The one against WHU was laughable.

dicko1969
10th December 2020, 10:48 PM
https://youtu.be/FlJdeZwkHsM

1min56

dicko1969
10th December 2020, 10:57 PM
https://youtu.be/jYBLb_fNL3A

Defo a hand you can hear a double contact for a start.

And the penalty haha
Really.

Even Hoddle saying not enough contacts.

Seriously Rafa would be getting out his fact sheet.

2019-20

22 penalties
14 in the prem an EPL record

Of the 22 / 5 weren't
Another 5 were as soft a.f

12/ 22 were pens