12th December 2020, 10:25 PM
Anyone going to watch this?

ianlfc
12th December 2020, 10:28 PM
What time is the walk to the ring ?

RedNoodle
12th December 2020, 10:48 PM
Anyone going to watch this?

I probably will, but only because I'm hoping to see Pulev K.O. AJ.

Balinkay
12th December 2020, 11:05 PM
I probably will, but only because I'm hoping to see Pulev K.O. AJ.

Huh - my thoughts exactly Noods! :D

@ian - the last fight of the undercard has just started. So I assume at about midnight my time, 11 UK time.

Balinkay
12th December 2020, 11:07 PM
Erm... two knockdowns int the first round of the last undercard fight... Might be a bit earlier than expected ian. :D

RedNoodle
12th December 2020, 11:07 PM
I could do better than the guy that's currently fighting.

Did they get him out of the crowd?!?!?

Balinkay
12th December 2020, 11:11 PM
Okay, I now love this Lawrence Okolie dude. Especially after learning he used to be bullied for being fat at 15 (weight 120 kilo apparently). Took up boxing to lose weight and turned out to be damn good at it...

Very cool KO.

ianlfc
That Okolie is a big lad with some reach.

Balinkay
I could do better than the guy that's currently fighting.

Did they get him out of the crowd?!?!?

He agreed to the fight on five days' notice apparently as the original opponent tested positive for COVID.

It's his first loss tbf.

ianlfc
12th December 2020, 11:12 PM
Okay, I now love this Lawrence Okolie dude. Especially after learning he used to be bullied for being fat at 15 (weight 120 kilo apparently). Took up boxing to lose weight and turned out to be damn good at it...

Very cool KO.

Get the bullies into the ring with him now. 🤣🤣

RedNoodle
12th December 2020, 11:13 PM
He agreed to the fight on five days' notice apparently as the original opponent tested positive for COVID.

It's his first loss tbf.

Which mean a) He supposedly a 'proper' boxer and b) How **** have his other opponents been? Dot Cotton and Graham Norton?

Balinkay
12th December 2020, 11:14 PM
So Noods, why don't you want AJ to do well? I mean it's understandable that I want to see him KO-ed in twenty seconds, but why you?

ianlfc
12th December 2020, 11:14 PM
how many of a crowd was allowed in to watch the boxing?

RedNoodle
12th December 2020, 11:30 PM
So Noods, why don't you want AJ to do well? I mean it's understandable that I want to see him KO-ed in twenty seconds, but why you?

Because he's another hypocritical, virtue signaling 'so and so who has lot to say about certain things despite not saying a word until very recently, never mind that he has a shady past that both he and the media seem to have ignored/forgotten about, and he's also guilty of the very thing that he currently likes to lecture others about, never mind that he has no issue with taking huge sums from certain companies who are run by such people.

He probably won't, but I hope Pulev destroys him.

RedNoodle
12th December 2020, 11:31 PM
how many of a crowd was allowed in to watch the boxing?

I heard it was a thousand.

RedNoodle
12th December 2020, 11:34 PM
Did anyone see Mayweather and the jewelry he was wearing? And then people wonder why some people end up getting the reputation that they do.

ianlfc
12th December 2020, 11:34 PM
I heard it was a thousand.

Yeah just checked. So 1000 allowed into a 12,500 indoor arena. But 2000 into a 54,000 stadium.

ianlfc
12th December 2020, 11:35 PM
And they're drinking pints !!! Lucky bastards

RedNoodle
12th December 2020, 11:36 PM
Yeah just checked. So 1000 allowed into a 12,500 indoor arena. But 2000 into a 54,000 stadium.

Common sense doesn't exist in today's world I'm afraid.

ianlfc
12th December 2020, 11:42 PM
Who's that bellend ring announcer with the hair? Could they not get the other fella with the voice of boxing ?

RedNoodle
12th December 2020, 11:44 PM
Who's that bellend ring announcer with the hair? Could they not get the other fella with the voice of boxing ?

You mean Michael Buffer? They offered him £50'000, but he said in light of Covid he wouldn't do it unless offered ten times as much.

RedNoodle
12th December 2020, 11:45 PM
And they're drinking pints !!! Lucky bastards

You can still drink pints, just not anywhere/everywhere.

If you were like me and effectively t-total, you wouldn't have this problem.

RedNoodle
12th December 2020, 11:46 PM
Why is AJ nicking MVG's walk on song? I can't say I'm surprised. ****. :mad:

RedNoodle
12th December 2020, 11:49 PM
The people commentating on the fight don't even know what Rocky film 'Burning heart' is from. F-me how many clueless people get jobs that they shouldn't!?!?! :mad:

ianlfc
12th December 2020, 11:51 PM
You mean Michael Buffer? They offered him £50'000, but he said in light of Covid he wouldn't do it unless offered ten times as much.

Really ?

RedNoodle
12th December 2020, 11:53 PM
Really ?

Lol. The first bit is correct, but as to why he's not doing the ring announcements, I'm not sure. He does however get a **** load every time he does a major bout.

ianlfc
12th December 2020, 11:57 PM
Lol. The first bit is correct, but as to why he's not doing the ring announcements, I'm not sure. He does however get a **** load every time he does a major bout.

Ha ha , though you're probably not far from the truth.

ianlfc
13th December 2020, 12:01 AM
If Joshua can't handle a bit of verbal from the Russian how the hell is he going to handle Tyson Fury ?

RedNoodle
13th December 2020, 12:03 AM
If Joshua can't handle a bit of verbal from the Russian how the hell is he going to handle Tyson Fury ?

If that fight ever comes to pass, I'm not sure who I would want to lose more.

RedNoodle
13th December 2020, 12:04 AM
Ahhh FFS, here we go.

RedNoodle
13th December 2020, 12:04 AM
This is going to be over very soon.

ianlfc
13th December 2020, 12:08 AM
How the hell is he still standing after that punch in the 3rd ? Unreal.

ianlfc
13th December 2020, 12:20 AM
I stand corrected. He's one of Bali's countrymen and not Russian.

Balinkay
13th December 2020, 12:26 AM

He won't. It's crazy. Must be a wind-up.

ianlfc
13th December 2020, 12:30 AM
Mayweather mustn't need a facemask.

RedNoodle
13th December 2020, 12:30 AM
There we go. I knew it was unlikely that Pulev would win, no matter how much some of us wanted him to.

@ Balinkay, I take it you wanted Pulev to win because he is one of your countrymen, and not because AJ is a massive ****?

RedNoodle
13th December 2020, 12:31 AM
Mayweather mustn't need a facemask.

Most ****s don't think the rules apply to them. :mad:

"One rule for me, and one rule for thee."

ianlfc
13th December 2020, 12:32 AM
Paulov took some cracking punches. Jousha looks the part I'll give him that.

Balinkay
13th December 2020, 12:35 AM
There we go. I knew it was unlikely that Pulev would win, no matter how much some of us wanted him to.

@ Balinkay, I take it you wanted Pulev to win because he is one of your countrymen, and not because AJ is a massive ****?

Yes. :D I don't particularly love Pulev, but he is pretty good at what he does and seems to genuinely love his country.

fagin
13th December 2020, 11:55 AM
After the fight they announced that 2 fights in 2021 were being worked on between AJ and Tyson Fury then we'll

get to see just how good AJ really is.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

teesred
14th December 2020, 07:53 PM
Great show from AJ. Brutal KO and looked the business.
This theory that Fury will walk through AJ is pure nonsense. Fury has never been in with anyone as good as him likewise for AJ. It will be a very interesting fight of contrasting styles.
I'd love to see AJ shut that gobshite up once and for all and put an end to this lineal nonsense he spouts constantly.
AJ 8 title defences. Fury 0.

teesred
14th December 2020, 07:55 PM

Hes quality. Its David Diamante, hes been around a long time. I like him better than Buffer.
Hes the brooklyn nets game announcer too.

RedNoodle
14th December 2020, 08:05 PM
Brooklyn Nets? Do they play snooze/you only need to be tall-ball?

teesred
14th December 2020, 08:11 PM
Yeah basketball. Jay Z owns them.

RedNoodle
14th December 2020, 08:20 PM
Yeah basketball. Jay Z owns them.

As if there wasn't already enough reasons not to watch them.

vin
14th December 2020, 09:19 PM
As if there wasn't already enough reasons not to watch them.

99 reasons?

vin
14th December 2020, 09:22 PM

What's your issue with Joshua?

RedNoodle
14th December 2020, 09:22 PM
99 reasons?

Good one. Had I been a fan of his I may have come up with that myself.

vin
14th December 2020, 09:32 PM
Good one. Had I been a fan of his I may have come up with that myself.

I'm not a fan, just quick with the quips.

RedNoodle
14th December 2020, 10:58 PM
I'm not a fan, just quick with the quips.

If I had said problems rather than reasons it may have crossed my mind.

LFC vs PFC
14th December 2020, 11:47 PM
99 reasons?

Ha ha ha.

I like AJ, been to see him twice and the second time ended up chatting to Bradley Wiggins as we were being let out.

My mate's brother is a trainer fir a boxer who is starting to do some decent things, Fabio Wardley. Wardley even sparred with AJ before this fight.

teesred
14th December 2020, 11:55 PM
Wardley looked good last fight. Sparked a guy from Middlesbrough earlier in the year. Looks a good prospect.

ianlfc
25th September 2021, 11:19 PM
Big AJ has just been handed his arse on a plate. That's him in the jungle in November then.

CCTV
26th September 2021, 12:10 AM
He's kind of been irrelevant anyway over the last while. The buzz has been around the Wilder Fury clashes, seems he lost out by ducking those fighters

teesred
26th September 2021, 09:21 AM
AJ ducked those fighters? He fights his mandatories like he should. He was well beaten last night though. Usyk is superb.
I was at the fight, Tottenham stadium is impressive.

ianlfc
26th September 2021, 10:41 AM
AJ ducked those fighters? He fights his mandatories like he should. He was well beaten last night though. Usyk is superb.

At £1 billion English pounds I'd like to think so !!
I'm sure you'd a good night down in the big smoke.

teesred
26th September 2021, 01:09 PM
At £1 billion English pounds I'd like to think so !!
I'm sure you'd a good night down in the big smoke.

Yeah it was great aside from AJ losing.

fagin
26th September 2021, 08:46 PM

Glad you got to go to the fight,myself it was an afternoon fight for me (time zone)and thoroughly entertaining even with the show from Usyk.Last night though was able to watch UFC 266 and because i know you like good fights,try to watch a replay of Alexander Volkanovski vs Brian Ortega.
AJ should at least be thankful he didn't fight Fury as i believe the result would have resulted in a far worse beating than at the hands of Usyk.