PDA

View Full Version : PC Online gaming

Kev0909
13th December 2020, 05:18 PM
Anyone play any games here on computer?

playing CS:GO and just started playing classic WoW again cus...... fuck RL there's no coronavirus in Azeroth

RedNoodle
13th December 2020, 08:30 PM
Anyone play any games here on computer?

playing CS:GO and just started playing classic WoW again cus...... fuck RL there's no coronavirus in Azeroth

I'm still playing the same one game on my PS3 (where I'm no 1 in the world).

I've downloaded a few free games on my laptop but never got round to playing them (Football Manager, Torchlight etc).

reddownunder
14th December 2020, 07:40 AM
I've been playing some Total War Three Kingdoms lately which is one of the best strategy games I've ever played. I like a good open world game too and I've been thinking about getting Cyberpunk 2077 but I'm not sure if my pc can handle it

RedNoodle
14th December 2020, 05:35 PM
I've been playing some Total War Three Kingdoms lately which is one of the best strategy games I've ever played. I like a good open world game too and I've been thinking about getting Cyberpunk 2077 but I'm not sure if my pc can handle it

You need the latest graphics card to be able to max out everything, and even then it is buggy as hell. There are plenty of guides on YouTube as to what most modernish graphics cards (either full sized or laptop variants) are capable of. I suggest you have a butchers at a few of them, including some regarding the issues with bugs.

I bought Shogun Total War when I got my first PC and it's still in it's wrapper, along with quite a few other games.

Kev0909
14th December 2020, 05:43 PM

Ohh yes total war is great

football manager is good noods but it's something you have to get into not got the new one meant to be the best in ages though, just got a player created update for squads etc and still playing old one

I wasn't sure if everyone was too old enough on these forums or not :lol:

reddownunder
15th December 2020, 10:46 AM
You need the latest graphics card to be able to max out everything, and even then it is buggy as hell. There are plenty of guides on YouTube as to what most modernish graphics cards (either full sized or laptop variants) are capable of. I suggest you have a butchers at a few of them, including some regarding the issues with bugs.

I bought Shogun Total War when I got my first PC and it's still in it's wrapper, along with quite a few other games.

Thanks for the tip. I suggest you unwrap it and give it a go when you get the chance. It's a lot of fun and widely regarded as one of the best (if not the best) in the series.

Football manager is fun but also very addictive. I remember getting totally hooked on Fm07 and decided to never do that to myself again

redebreck
15th December 2020, 03:08 PM
I've downloaded a few free games on my laptop but never got round to playing them (Football Manager, Torchlight etc).

football manager is good noods but it's something you have to get into not got the new one meant to be the best in ages though, just got a player created update for squads etc and still playing old one

I wasn't sure if everyone was too old enough on these forums or not :lol:

Football manager is fun but also very addictive. I remember getting totally hooked on Fm07 and decided to never do that to myself again

Which versions of football manager do you people have?
I've been running 2013 for a few years but found a free version of 2020 a few months ago. I have to say I enjoy the 2020 version quite a bit.
Yes it can be a bit addictive BTW!

RedNoodle
15th December 2020, 06:54 PM
@Redebrek

I have Football Manager 2020. It was free via the Epic games store a month or so ago. It will 'figuratively' collect dust with all the other games I've bought/downloaded but never played (GTA V, Demon's Souls, Deus Ex - Human revolution, Uncharted, Torchlight, Shogun Total War etc), never mind games I've hardly played such as Red Dead Redemption.

redebreck
16th December 2020, 03:07 PM
@Redebrek

I have Football Manager 2020. It was free via the Epic games store a month or so ago. It will 'figuratively' collect dust with all the other games I've bought/downloaded but never played (GTA V, Demon's Souls, Deus Ex - Human revolution, Uncharted, Torchlight, Shogun Total War etc), never mind games I've hardly played such as Red Dead Redemption.

Hi Noods (hope you're OK with this!).
I have exactly the same! From Epic Games store FREE.
It's worth a look if you can find the time.
It's more satisfying, I find, managing a lower league side.
Hope you get a chance to try it!

RedNoodle
16th December 2020, 04:47 PM

If I do ever get round to it, I doubt my laptop will even be able to run it. I downloaded it to make sure I had it (I should have done the same with GTA V), just in case I ever buy myself a new/decent laptop. However knowing me, that will likely be sometime never.

Kev0909
16th December 2020, 04:49 PM

2020 aye, apparently new one is one of the biggest improvements to date with match engine etc

but i've just got a thing to update squads that's all, don't want to spend the money yet on new version

RedNoodle
16th December 2020, 06:57 PM
I've currently got two Amazon streams running on my laptop which is causing it to chug along like nobodies business. I somehow doubt it's going to be able to run FM 2020. As for trying to run "Cyberpunk 2077". I think I'd better return the copy I just bought. :eek: + :o

I've also just tried to open up a darts stream as well, so if you don't hear from me ever again it's probably because my laptop has exploded and finally finished me off.

eggy81
20th December 2020, 04:44 AM
I've currently got two Amazon streams running on my laptop which is causing it to chug along like nobodies business. I somehow doubt it's going to be able to run FM 2020. As for trying to run "Cyberpunk 2077". I think I'd better return the copy I just bought. :eek: + :o

I've also just tried to open up a darts stream as well, so if you don't hear from me ever again it's probably because my laptop has exploded and finally finished me off.

You should return it even if you’re running it with an rtx 30 series graphics card. It’s pretty poor in its current form. I bought a powerful laptop during summer and have ended up just playing pro evo on it😂

RedNoodle
20th December 2020, 05:51 PM
You should return it even if you’re running it with an rtx 30 series graphics card. It’s pretty poor in its current form. I bought a powerful laptop during summer and have ended up just playing pro evo on it��

Lol! I haven't actually bought Cyberpunk 2077. My laptop certainly would not be able to run it (a Lenovo Thinkpad I got for £110 from Ebay). You sound a bit like me. I have toyed with buying a decent laptop (to try my hand at music production), but I just know that like you I'd end up using it for the same low end stuff that I do now.

CDPR have tried to rush the game out for Xmas. You'd have thought companies would have learnt by now that if you rush out a product you risk alienating people and seriously damaging your brand. If the game is good, people will still buy it no matter when it gets released, especially now given what's happening with Covid.

A Pro Evo fan eh. If I ever get a new console (I'm still playing the same 1-2 games on my PS3) I might pick up Pro Evo myself. I've always preferred it to FIFA.