View Full Version : Your team v Tottenham

Insidious
13th December 2020, 07:24 PM
............................Alisson

Williams...Henderson...Fabinho..Robertson

.........................Wijnaldum

......................Ox.........Jones

...Salah..............Minamino..........Mane

Feel Minamino put a shift in today. Would like Ox to get 45 minutes and then we will see.

miller0863
13th December 2020, 07:26 PM
Minamino looked good because he did more running and closing down than most of them did in 90 minutes. Zero end product though unfortunately

justme
13th December 2020, 07:28 PM
WHY Henderson in defence when we have Philips??

Kev0909
13th December 2020, 07:29 PM
might aswell throw in the towel with that midfield

not like ox is going to be 100% at it after being out for so long

ianlfc
13th December 2020, 07:33 PM
............................Alisson

Williams...Henderson...Fabinho..Robertson

.........................Wijnaldum

......................Ox.........Jones

...Salah..............Minamino..........Mane

Feel Minamino put a shift in today. Would like Ox to get 45 minutes and then we will see.

And some of you are crying ,we're shite. Just look at that line up compared to our first XI last season. It is what it is, we're scraping by and still joint top. It could be a hell of a lot worse.

Kev0909
13th December 2020, 07:34 PM
And some of you are crying ,we're shite. Just look at that line up compared to our first XI last season. It is what it is, we're scraping by and still joint top. It could be a hell of a lot worse.

give it time

Insidious
13th December 2020, 07:39 PM
Minamino looked good because he did more running and closing down than most of them did in 90 minutes. Zero end product though unfortunately

I think Minamino has the capacity to assist someone in a tight space.

I also want to see a match where Ox, Keita, Firmino and Minamino are on the pitch simultaneously some time this season with focus on give-and-go footie over the crosses.

faridtoxteth
13th December 2020, 08:05 PM
I think Minamino has the capacity to assist someone in a tight space.

I also want to see a match where Ox, Keita, Firmino and Minamino are on the pitch simultaneously some time this season with focus on give-and-go footie over the crosses.

I don't often post on these threads Sid, but this game is really interesting. Both teams have dropped points today. i think our team won't be soporific like they were for 45 minutes today. But most of all i have to think back to that unfortunately famous game, the slippy goal that Chelsea fans love to go on about.
I remember Gary Neville did a 20 minute analysis of Mourinho's tactics that day. He was gobsmacked and so was I.
It was the most extreme Mourinho performance ever. Chelsea with no chance of winning the league, nevertheless wanted to spoil the party. They time wasted really obviously and intentionally from the first minute. Also Neville pointed out that from throw ins Chelsea would always throw the ball further down the line rather than infield. This was to create more throw ins and waste more time, and also prevent us from breaking on them in the middle of the park.
At one point Suarez even asked Willian why they were playing in this ridiculous manner, and he told him, if we don't we will be dropped.
So I am expecting a similar approach from Mourinho mid week. At all costs don't lose.
Of course this is Jurgen Klopp, not Brendan Rodgers. So we will see.
It's Spurs, its the kop, its Mourinho, its a top of the table clash. tasty.

skyebo
13th December 2020, 08:17 PM
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Phillips
Fabinho
Robertson
Jones
Henderson
Wijnaldum
Salah
Firmino
Mane.

No messing about with taking players out of their comfort zone.

jr81
13th December 2020, 08:18 PM
I don't often post on these threads Sid, but this game is really interesting. Both teams have dropped points today. i think our team won't be soporific like they were for 45 minutes today. But most of all i have to think back to that unfortunately famous game, the slippy goal that Chelsea fans love to go on about.
I remember Gary Neville did a 20 minute analysis of Mourinho's tactics that day. He was gobsmacked and so was I.
It was the most extreme Mourinho performance ever. Chelsea with no chance of winning the league, nevertheless wanted to spoil the party. They time wasted really obviously and intentionally from the first minute. Also Neville pointed out that from throw ins Chelsea would always throw the ball further down the line rather than infield. This was to create more throw ins and waste more time, and also prevent us from breaking on them in the middle of the park.
At one point Suarez even asked Willian why they were playing in this ridiculous manner, and he told him, if we don't we will be dropped.
So I am expecting a similar approach from Mourinho mid week. At all costs don't lose.
Of course this is Jurgen Klopp, not Brendan Rodgers. So we will see.
It's Spurs, its the kop, its Mourinho, its a top of the table clash. tasty.
And there is the unbeaten home record. It is all set up nicely for mourinho to be the one to break the record and out spurs in front for the title.

After tonight and the injuries, I'm jot looking forward to it. But it's at times like this that this team pull out a top performance. However, with all the injuries I don't see it.

Insidious
13th December 2020, 08:23 PM
WHY Henderson in defence when we have Philips??

I trust Henderson more against Kane/Son, plus I trust Hendo in terms of distribution from deep. I'd rather play a centre-back than pull Henderson into that slot, but also believe in horses-for-courses.

I'd rather Henderson than Phillips for this game. We will have a lot of the ball and having someone who can distribute from deep may get us out of jail a few times over the match, plus help us to pin them back a bit.

jr81
13th December 2020, 08:38 PM
I trust Henderson more against Kane/Son, plus I trust Hendo in terms of distribution from deep. I'd rather play a centre-back than pull Henderson into that slot, but also believe in horses-for-courses.

I'd rather Henderson than Phillips for this game. We will have a lot of the ball and having someone who can distribute from deep may get us out of jail a few times over the match, plus help us to pin them back a bit.

We may need to defend deeper given the pace spurs have.

LEGS
13th December 2020, 08:46 PM
Alisson
Trent
Matip (going by Hendo/Klopp comments)
Fabinho
Robbo
Gini
Hendo
Jones
Salah
Mane
Firmino/Origi/Minamino (take your pick)

Insidious
13th December 2020, 08:48 PM
We may need to defend deeper given the pace spurs have.

We might, but Maureen might go for his #stunningandbrave 6-3-1 again in which case we have to take the calculated risk of pinning them in. We won't get many opportunities on the counter ourselves against a Mourinho set-up (if we get even one I'd be surprised) so we probably have to push them back. It's a game that would have been tailor-made for Thiago but sadly we must make-do.

justme
13th December 2020, 08:58 PM
Alisson
Trent
Matip (going by Hendo/Klopp comments)
Fabinho
Robbo
Gini
Hendo
Jones
Salah
Mane
Firmino/Origi/Minamino (take your pick)
If Keita has recovered from his Illness, I would go in with him and play Jones further forward.. Henderson Wijanldum and Keita is a solid 3.

Nineteenx
13th December 2020, 09:02 PM
Alisson

Trent Matip/Philips Fabinho Robertson

Wijnaldum Henderson Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Play Gini RCM to help with Son and Kane as that's mostly the area both like to occupy, try and play Bobby into form and Mane and Mo. be direct, play the switches and attempted balls over the top, set up a lot better to win second balls, balls from both full backs in early and a fair few from deeper, through the channel behind their CB's towards the penalty spot and far post over over the first CB to the same area.

It should be out to one flank, back into the centre and immediate switch or attempted ball over the top, or out to the full back and immediate switch to the opposite flank or ball played in early from deep, need to move it and do it all quicker as we've lost our way with these things a little with the change and players having to think about it, when the prior 2 seasons it was automatic and done seemlessly without thinking

Get the win and another vital 3 points

Insidious
13th December 2020, 09:38 PM
If Keita has recovered from his Illness, I would go in with him and play Jones further forward.. Henderson Wijanldum and Keita is a solid 3.

Speaking of illness, Bale was sick, but Mourinho thinks he will be ready for Wednesday.

That's a potential problem for us.

RedNoodle
13th December 2020, 09:42 PM
Whoever is 'fit' and half decent.

HLOGI
13th December 2020, 09:55 PM
If Matip is fit Fab and Matip at the back. Hendo Gini, Ox/Keita midfield. Salah Mane Jones in attack. Play a diamond with Jones at the spear. Allow Salah and Mane to drift between 9/10 and their normal wf positions.

Nineteenx
13th December 2020, 10:19 PM
If Matip is fit Fab and Matip at the back. Hendo Gini, Ox/Keita midfield. Salah Mane Jones in attack. Play a diamond with Jones at the spear. Allow Salah and Mane to drift between 9/10 and their normal wf positions.

Thing with Spurs is they play quite deep, try to counter and pack the centre and bolster their flanks with their supposed wide forwards defending a lot

ianlfc
13th December 2020, 10:22 PM
Jose loves big fucking units in the middle of the park.

CCTV
14th December 2020, 03:10 PM
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Phillips
Fabinho
Robertson
Jones
Henderson
Wijnaldum
Salah
Firmino
Mane.

No messing about with taking players out of their comfort zone.

That the 11 I'd go with assuming Matip is going to be out.

I'd play a 4231/4411 and setup the forward 4 in an unusual manner for this game. Wide men Bob & Curt playing deeper.

........Hendo Gini
Firmino Mane Jones
............Salah

justme
15th December 2020, 03:06 PM
So the so called feeling unwell for Keita is now a muscular problem. Just read it on physio room.

Steveo
15th December 2020, 03:10 PM
Must have been his stomach muscles...:mad: :eek: The geezer is a total liability..

justme
15th December 2020, 03:14 PM
Just heard Jurgen on Keita he could be ready. So we will see

Steveo
15th December 2020, 03:16 PM
Waiting for Godot....

Kev0909
15th December 2020, 03:23 PM
Just heard Jurgen on Keita he could be ready. So we will see

That's something to get excited about init

Steveo
15th December 2020, 03:29 PM
I know I know - not holding my breath..but we need him Kev. Need all the fit players we can right now.

If Keita is Fit and I mean actually fit - not just able to walk - and Matip isn't....Fab will probably need a senior player alongside him at CB - Kane and Son are a handful for any back line. Might see Hendo drop in there..?

Kev0909
15th December 2020, 03:41 PM
I know I know - not holding my breath..but we need him Kev. Need all the fit players we can right now.

If Keita is Fit and I mean actually fit - not just able to walk - and Matip isn't....Fab will probably need a senior player alongside him at CB - Kane and Son are a handful for any back line. Might see Hendo drop in there..?

we just need phillips at CB to smash kanes big head in

Job done!

Steveo
15th December 2020, 03:48 PM
Yea- Obv'iouthly - but strong as an Ox is ol' Arry.. It will take some doing

faridtoxteth
15th December 2020, 05:28 PM
we just need phillips at CB to smash kanes big head in

Job done!

I also thought Philips might be a good match up against Kane.
Have you seen those videos that have gone viral of Kane backing into players as they jump and potentially causing serious injury to them.? It's a new 'strategy' he has been using in recent games, and there is a lot of debate around it. apparently it is a manoeuver which is disallowed in rugby.

Kev0909
15th December 2020, 06:08 PM
I also thought Philips might be a good match up against Kane.
Have you seen those videos that have gone viral of Kane backing into players as they jump and potentially causing serious injury to them.? It's a new 'strategy' he has been using in recent games, and there is a lot of debate around it. apparently it is a manoeuver which is disallowed in rugby.

Yep mentioned it earlier, exactly why i'm worried about matip starting- who is made of glass and had a bad back a few days ago

justme
15th December 2020, 07:25 PM
We need to twat that Moronhino tomorrow evening and move on from there..the master of tactics that defends from his own box.

CCTV
15th December 2020, 07:28 PM
Yep mentioned it earlier, exactly why i'm worried about matip starting- who is made of glass and had a bad back a few days ago

Dyou have a link ?

justme
15th December 2020, 07:30 PM
Another thing SKY and BT are deliberately trying to fuck us over with the fixtures.. They moved our game against Spurs away to a Thursday so we only have 2 days to prepare for the fixture away on the Sunday against West-ham.
The only reason they did this is to give us less advantage. Proper scumbags..

RedNoodle
15th December 2020, 07:30 PM
We need to twat that Moronhino tomorrow evening and move on from there..the master of tactics that defends from his own box.

He's been playing his usual 'mind games' in regards to our injuries, and TalkS**t and that **** Adrian Durham aare agreeing with him and have been saying that we're the luckiest team ever.

justme
15th December 2020, 07:31 PM
He's been playing his usual 'mind games' in regards to our injuries, and TalkS**t and that **** Adrian Durham aare agreeing with him and have been saying that we're the luckiest team ever.

why do you listen to Adrian Durham if hes a complete tosser?

stevie harkness
15th December 2020, 07:33 PM
Wonder if he'll change his tune if Son or Kane get injured for a few weeks.

I saw a rumour the Everton are after Dele Alli on loan

ianlfc
15th December 2020, 07:42 PM
Remember everyone, the match is on Amazon prime in the UK or Premier sports in Ireland.

RedNoodle
15th December 2020, 07:42 PM

Because there is no other station that talks about sport, and besides, If I want(ed) to avoid everything that winds me up/causes me pain and misery, the only way that would be possible is if I 'offed' myself.

RedNoodle
15th December 2020, 08:45 PM
Danny Mills talking sloblocks as usual saying that we've got loads of players coming back.

How the **** do these jokers get the jobs that they do? Their lips must be stained a permanent shade of brown.

Nineteenx
15th December 2020, 08:50 PM
Robbo needs to remember Lloris has a considerable obvious weakness at saving low shots driven across him to the bottom right corner, stop trying to squeeze the ball through impossible gaps and just fucking hit the thing

dicko1969
15th December 2020, 08:58 PM
When Robbo has the ball you think oh no if he shoots.
He really has to improve on his shooting.

Because he does get in those situations a lot tbh.

dicko1969
15th December 2020, 09:03 PM

Exactly
Why listen to him

There are youtubers
Or lfc tv
Or just liverpool stuff

Entertaining Durhsm who on the whole is just a windup merchant will always get your goat up !!

It's all about getting a reaction.

I used to listen to it in my car when I could only get radio5 or talksport

Alan brazil
Those 2 numptys in the afternoon pimpkie and pansy
Plus that nevertonian porky

Just think what a bunch of sun reading treats!

dicko1969
15th December 2020, 09:03 PM
May as well watch mutv

RedNoodle
15th December 2020, 09:04 PM
Exactly
Why listen to him

There are youtubers
Or lfc tv
Or just liverpool stuff

Entertaining Durhsm who on the whole is just a windup merchant will always get your goat up !!

It's all about getting a reaction.

I used to listen to it in my car when I could only get radio5 or talksport

Alan brazil
Those 2 numptys in the afternoon pimpkie and pansy
Plus that nevertonian porky

Just think what a bunch of sun reading treats!

Because pain and anger are all I know and without those two things I have nothing.

RedNoodle
15th December 2020, 09:05 PM
May as well watch mutv

Only when they lose/drop points, the same with other channels/forums.

AFTV, popcorn, and chill anyone?

Kev0909
15th December 2020, 09:29 PM
Dyou have a link ?

For what?
https://streamable.com/umpqtb

^ that's what people have been saying about kane, imagine matip dropping back first, cya

Heres more

https://streamable.com/ar46x9

was a article about it on skysports but can't seem to find it, on about how dangerous it is

miller0863
15th December 2020, 09:35 PM
It’s an absolute disgrace but so are the refereeing standards in the Premier League. As has been said, it’s a straight red in Rugby but our officials are so utterly clueless the give a free kick to the offender.

Kev0909
15th December 2020, 09:39 PM
It’s an absolute disgrace but so are the refereeing standards in the Premier League. As has been said, it’s a straight red in Rugby but our officials are so utterly clueless the give a free kick to the offender.

I wouldn't be surprised with spurs being shithouses atm with mourinho if he tells kane to target matip if he starts

miller0863
15th December 2020, 09:42 PM
Can see a 2-2 tomorrow, will be amazed if we win it to be fair, they deliberately cheat in virtually every game, and get away with it, are decent up front and have Maureen at the helm and he has thwarted us numerous times.

Kev0909
15th December 2020, 09:43 PM
Can see a 2-2 tomorrow, will be amazed if we win it to be fair, they deliberately cheat in virtually every game, and get away with it, are decent up front and have Maureen at the helm and he has thwarted us numerous times.

Yep wouldn't be the end of the world

I'm just glad we're at home, happy not to lose tbh we've not exactly been great lately

miller0863
15th December 2020, 09:45 PM
Only thing to hang onto is our home form has been pretty good, as with the recent performances against Wolves and Leicester

Insidious
15th December 2020, 11:56 PM

Sounds about right.

With luck and a good start we can score first. If Spurs score first it will be difficult. Expecting plenty of 6-3-1 snidery from Maureen's team.

What a boost for us a win would be if we manage it.

Steveo
16th December 2020, 12:59 AM
How quickly people change their tune.

You all wanted to laugh at them just a few months ago.....well.....you aren’t laughing now are you.. :D

#SpursRtheNewAtleti

RedNoodle
16th December 2020, 01:18 AM

You all wanted to laugh at them just a few months ago.....well.....you aren’t laughing now are you.. :D

#SpursRtheNewAtleti

As with most things, people should hold fire and just wait to see how things play out when a bit more water has passed under the bridge.

They say a week is a long time in politics. Well the way this season has already gone, a week is also a long time in football.

Kev0909
16th December 2020, 01:20 AM

#SpursRtheNewAtleti

Won't be laughing when kane breaks our last senior CB standing tomorrow!

Suppose phillips can be classed as senior now?

RedNoodle
16th December 2020, 01:27 AM
Won't be laughing when kane breaks our last senior CB standing tomorrow!

Suppose phillips can be classed as senior now?

Unfortunately that is a distinct possibility given that Matip is just Matip, never mind how things have gone for us already this season. If that does happen, you just know that as with P*ickford, Kane will get away scot free.

dicko1969
16th December 2020, 03:05 AM
We are still strong in midfield upfront GK and full backs.

Just , only, the CB position we are a bit doomed.

Fabinho + ??

Is matip out ?
Didnt we give Matip a new contract recently.

I realise we dont just "bin" players as people do on fifa .

But we really need robust strong powerful CB / PLAYERS in the coming future.

Schurrs idk
He has only played 12 games for ajax in the league.
Hardly any experience.

Ibrahima konaté even if he had a bit of injury difficult last year.
6tfl 4 monster.

justincredible
16th December 2020, 08:02 AM
Had a Utd fan here at work telling me that if Liverpool don't win tonight and Utd win their games in hand, the Utd go top.
Pressure's on lads, lol....

stevie harkness
16th December 2020, 08:15 AM
Ah I remember those days when we used to dream about if we win our games in hand...

justincredible
16th December 2020, 08:26 AM
Hahaha, yeah. Those were the days.

Balinkay
16th December 2020, 08:37 AM

#SpursRtheNewAtleti

I kind of still am tbf. They won't win the league - this is as good as it gets for them in the foreseeable future and they won't win any major silverware this year either.

Or I hope so...

They're a team like any other. What matter are their points, not their badge.

Steveo
16th December 2020, 09:00 AM
Brave... and Amen to that.

We all hope you are right Bali.

Regardless of how they do tonight or this season though - they are hell bent on getting to the top. They aren’t going away.

Balinkay
16th December 2020, 09:13 AM
Yes, but so are Everton and Wolves. They'll have their ups and their downs like any other team - there's nothing special about them.

Steveo
16th December 2020, 09:30 AM
Now that simply isn’t true is it Bali - unless you are trying to defend a bogus concept.

How can you compare Spurs - Just built a £1 billion stadium in the capital - finished above us 3 times out of the last 5 seasons and only missed out on a CL to us a year ago in Madrid.

Same side is top of the Premier league now... Seriously - Everton and Wolves...? They haven’t even got close in decades...

justme
16th December 2020, 09:31 AM
they have won fuck all like Everton and Wolves

Steveo
16th December 2020, 09:31 AM
Ok guys - keep em coming. :D

Insidious
16th December 2020, 09:33 AM

#SpursRtheNewAtleti

I am "worried" about the Mourinho capacity to deprive us of a couple of points in a couple of one-off games. When Mourinho has players buying into how he wants to play, they can get draws and sometimes wins in these sorts of games against high-quality opposition, which we certainly are.

I still am not convinced of them as (genuine) Title challengers though. Somewhere between the 25th and 30th game I think they'll fall away from the top a little. Do fancy them to still be on the top three sides mid-February, perhaps even top, but just don't think they'll last.

They're "flying" right now while we are "struggling" - yet we have scored more goals.

Steveo
16th December 2020, 09:38 AM
Oh it’s all down to Jose...?

Not Poch this time eh.?

Thought it was all over once Poch left.???

Come on fellas - have the decency to admit when you have got things a bit wrong. We are all wrong more times than we care to accept.

Spurs aren’t great - Jose is no miracle worker BUT Levy will wield the axe the minute he has had enough. They ain’t going away.

Steveo
16th December 2020, 09:39 AM
It a good forum but full of country bumpkins. : most of you couldn’t design your way out of a paper bag.

:D

ianlfc
16th December 2020, 09:40 AM
it's going to be a long old season, but if we stay around the top come March time Our big guns will get us over the line.
You don't win the league at Christmas, We've been told that often enough.

Balinkay
16th December 2020, 09:44 AM
Now that simply isn’t true is it Bali - unless you are trying to defend a bogus concept.

How can you compare Spurs - Just built a £1 billion stadium in the capital - finished above us 3 times out of the last 5 seasons and only missed out on a CL to us a year ago in Madrid.

Same side is top of the Premier league now... Seriously - Everton and Wolves...? They haven’t even got close in decades...

That's kind of what I'm getting at, Steveo - the point is that they all want to do well equally. Some will get farther, others won't. Some will fade, some will stay. Doesn't matter who they are - e.g. Everton are a much bigger club than Spurs but, as you say, have been worse for a while now.

I don't think Spurs will magically go away but I also don't think they'll be an actual consistent PL winning threat like Chelsea became quite quickly post-Roman.

I'm with you that we shouldn't take them lightly, but we shouldn't also consider them in the same league as City, United or Chelsea in terms of threat level.

Balinkay
16th December 2020, 09:46 AM
To further cement that we should take them seriously - they're one of only a couple of PL clubs that can credibly claim they're run better than us.

Steveo
16th December 2020, 09:58 AM
I worry about them. Have done for years - possibly too much as I have a lot of paranoid Gooner mates.

Sadly for them - most of their fears came true..

That Levy fella and Spurs massive wealth - coupled with their location - they are the glamour club in London make no mistake. That new stadium. It all means they are a huge threat to us and United.

We just have to hope they stumble.

Steveo
16th December 2020, 10:01 AM
it's going to be a long old season, but if we stay around the top come March time Our big guns will get us over the line.

Agreed... I would say we just need to be there or there or thereabouts into the first month of new year really. Hopefully Thiago back - a new CB and Jota back - a fit Keita and Ox and we have a huge chance.

philfatkid
16th December 2020, 10:09 AM
I think is pretty obvious what the Spurs/Mourinho tactics will be tonight, let us have the ball/possession, try to subdue our attack, then break down the left, via Son, and as Trent has a tendency to drift inside a little sometimes, this plays right into their hands.
We need someone on the right of our midfield, to keep track of Son, Ox isn't fit enough, Henderson isn't fast enough, so i think it's between Wijnaldum and Jones, if we can stop Son, they have no plan B, we just have to score then, Simples ;)

Balinkay
16th December 2020, 10:27 AM
I don't know how their finances look, Steveo. Iirc they've got quite a bit of debt thanks to the stadium which will bite them in the arse if they don't get more success soon.

Definitely a team to not lose sight of.

Insidious
16th December 2020, 10:30 AM
Oh it’s all down to Jose...?

Not Poch this time eh.?

Thought it was all over once Poch left.???

Come on fellas - have the decency to admit when you have got things a bit wrong. We are all wrong more times than we care to accept.

Spurs aren’t great - Jose is no miracle worker BUT Levy will wield the axe the minute he has had enough. They ain’t going away.

It DID look all over when Poch left to be fair. Eriksen leaving, the side Poch had built being burned by having finished third in a two-Horse race in the League and messing up their chance to be taken (really) seriously by losing in the Champion's League Final on the backdrop of a few months of wavering League form.

Jose has come in, grand. They're in the Europa League and probably have a fair chance of winning it, grand. History suggests that Mourinho's best season with a club is the second season. Jose has given Spurs some belief that they can challenge (being referred to as a serial winner again) and has brought Bale in, who hits a note with Spurs fans because of what he was for them before, but also will be useful in the dressing room too - any time a player in that squad gets frustrated by the tactics, Bale is floating about and able to say "oh, well back when I was at Real Madrid...." and that will immediately sharpen people up. Real Madrid (hateful as they are) have European weight and Mourinho and Bale are both former employees, so of course Spurs players/fans will be riding the crest of what Mourinho/Bale will bring, but I don't (personally) think they win the League or Champion's League under Mourinho, be it this season or the two following seasons, without some serious luck and/or magic in the transfer market.

Steveo
16th December 2020, 10:43 AM
@ Sid - It might have looked like that BUT I told you it wasnt so.

People forget they had plenty of injury and fitness concerns last season ( and season before ) much like we have now - not as extreme perhaps and more spread out - but that...coupled with a new manager took its toll. You could see even last season in games they were able to mix it with anyone. They have had one of the strongest squads around for years. The only surprise is that they haven't won trophies.

Let's be clear here - If they win in Madrid things are very very different right now...and last season.

We got the early CL final penalty and we went on to win. We are talking about one game in effect.

Don't get me wrong Klopp has got us well ahead of them - yet they are still in the mix despite losing a manager of Poch's class just a year ago.

I think it is time for people to face reality and accept that Spurs are a more agile club than us. They are better placed for long term success than we are. We have Klopp - a new training facility and a new main stand.. Once Klopp is taken out of that equation - we are looking up at them I fear.

I say much of this in the hope that I am wrong... but....only time will tell

@ Bali Spurs are one of the richest clubs in the world even if they don't turn a profit - which they do in record numbers...Lewis alone is worth around $7 Billion.

Looking at Spurs in detail does not make good reading for anyone not associated with the club. They seem to be breaking records without winning a bean.. I don't even want to think about what they could do IF they actually won a major prize. One thing is for certain- Had they won that 2019 final - they wouldn't have been sitting on their thumbs and just "paying the bills".

Balinkay
16th December 2020, 11:45 AM
They certainly are, Steveo, which is why I said they're so well run. But going from where they are now to where you fear they might end up is no mean feat with their debt.

Still, they're in a better position than most to do so.

LEGS
16th December 2020, 11:47 AM
Until Spurs start winning triohies they will always look up to us.

They might have more money and bigger staduim but that wont be trophies in the cabinet.

They have a good squad now and a manager who has a great cv but would I swap with them hell no.

We should really be 4 points clear of em and lets not pretend VAR hasnt screwed us about time we got one and tonight is that time.

Balinkay
16th December 2020, 12:04 PM
I don't think the trophies matter that much in this context LEGS. It's about sustainably being there or thereabouts and not necessarily winning stuff. Trophies will inevitably come if you continuously put yourself in the right position. That's the hard part.

Most charts I've seen show Spurs somwwhere between the likes of us and the likes of West Ham. They're farther along their journey to greatness than those bellow them but still have some catching up to do with those above. We'll see if they can keep this together, especially after the likes of Kane leave.

reddownunder
16th December 2020, 01:06 PM
How long will Harry Kane stick around for if Spurs don't win something this season? True they will be thereabouts for the foreseeable future and when Klopp leaves we could be in trouble but that won't happen until 2024 so let's enjoy the ride until then...

Kev0909
16th December 2020, 01:11 PM

say that again, remember when we was 7 ahead at christmas?? not that long ago!

How many last season was we ahead?

LEGS
16th December 2020, 01:30 PM
say that again, remember when we was 7 ahead at christmas?? not that long ago!

How many last season was we ahead?

We were but didnt City have a game in hand which they won so in reality 4 points.

Then biscuit wrists let one in from 700 yards which we lost 2-1 at City.

This season reminds me of the season Leicester won it there is no real outstanding team this season and its open as it stands.

miller0863
16th December 2020, 01:41 PM
Don’t know about that Legs, if we win tonight we go 3 points clear, having had 4 points stolen from us. And that with far more key players missing than any of our rivals. I would suggest we are still the team to beat.

vin
16th December 2020, 01:59 PM
Tottenham have been playing at the top of their game. We've been crippled by injury and have not really got going this season. Therein lies the difference. If we were anywhere near our best with a fully fit squad - we'd be walking this league again.

Steveo
16th December 2020, 02:24 PM
Don’t know about that Legs, if we win tonight we go 3 points clear, having had 4 points stolen from us. And that with far more key players missing than any of our rivals. I would suggest we are still the team to beat.

We are very much the team to beat and have coped very well considering the injuries and poor decisions - don't think anyone would argue different.

CCTV
16th December 2020, 04:02 PM
It a good forum but full of country bumpkins. : most of you couldn’t design your way out of a paper bag.

:D

City cunt needs a design to get out of a wet paper bag !!
Soft southern fairy sorts lack the brute force to just punch through !!

faridtoxteth
16th December 2020, 05:37 PM
Yes but we were never going to lose that final. After the heartbreak of the year before, the players were so up for it. After that game against Barca. I never doubted we would win the final. The Spurs comeback against Ajax was more jammy than heroic, unlike ours against Barca. I was as confident going into that final as I was in the penalty shootout in Istanbul.
I am not going to say that they won't win the league this year, I think there are four or five teams that can, but I do think they have a mentality problem. Also despite them buying a new stadium, I think their owner is a bit reluctant to stick his hand into his pocket.

Edit Just to say this is a reply to Steveo further up the thread when he said that if they had won the CL against us it all would be different

Steveo
16th December 2020, 06:02 PM
City cunt needs a design to get out of a wet paper bag !!
Soft southern fairy sorts lack the brute force to just punch through !!

That's correct :D

Steveo
16th December 2020, 06:11 PM
Yes but we were never going to lose that final. After the heartbreak of the year before, the players were so up for it. After that game against Barca. I never doubted we would win the final. The Spurs comeback against Ajax was more jammy than heroic, unlike ours against Barca. I was as confident going into that final as I was in the penalty shootout in Istanbul.
I am not going to say that they won't win the league this year, I think there are four or five teams that can, but I do think they have a mentality problem. Also despite them buying a new stadium, I think their owner is a bit reluctant to stick his hand into his pocket.

Edit Just to say this is a reply to Steveo further up the thread when he said that if they had won the CL against us it all would be different

Not sure any game falls into the category of "never going to lose. Were Spurs any more fortunate to beat Ajax than we were to take out Barca 4:0..??? Not sure how that could be measured.

I get what you are saying from our own ( LFC fans ) belief perspective after Kiev - but it's 11 v 11 - the whistle blows and the game begins..

faridtoxteth
16th December 2020, 06:25 PM
Not sure any game falls into the category of "never going to lose. Were Spurs any more fortunate to beat Ajax than we were to take out Barca 4:0..??? Not sure how that could be measured.

I get what you are saying from our own ( LFC fans ) belief perspective after Kiev - but it's 11 v 11 - the whistle blows and the game begins..

You are right of course, that it is kind of ridiculous to suggest a 'never going to lose ' scenario. And we have been burned so many times over the years. But there have very very occasionally been games, or even moments in games when it seemed certain we would win. Like the Jertzy Dudek double save moment. And at half time against Olympiakos when we were losing, I just felt sure.
I also think Spurs didn't think they were going to win that final. Hoped..but that is not believing.

skyebo
16th December 2020, 06:30 PM
You are right of course, that it is kind of ridiculous to suggest a 'never going to lose ' scenario. And we have been burned so many times over the years. But there have very very occasionally been games, or even moments in games when it seemed certain we would win. Like the Jertzy Dudek double save moment. And at half time against Olympiakos when we were losing, I just felt sure.
I also think Spurs didn't think they were going to win that final. Hoped..but that is not believing.

Spurs were up against it from the moment they went behind early on. They also knew we were a better team than them, and after what happened the year before, we were'nt losing two in a row.

ianlfc
16th December 2020, 06:35 PM
Looking back at that night in Madrid, Us Reds were there to see our team lift the cup .Spurs fans were just glad to be there.

skyebo
16th December 2020, 06:37 PM
Looking back at that night in Madrid, Us Reds were there to see our team lift the cup .Spurs fans were just glad to be there.

Agree Ian.

faridtoxteth
16th December 2020, 06:38 PM

Yes that kind of says it.
Do you think players sometimes think they are going in to a game they are not going to win?
We don't. That is what Klopp has built, more than any system or tactical approach.
Under Hodgson for example, you were always expecting the worst.

skyebo
16th December 2020, 06:48 PM
Are Sky showing this game ?

ianlfc
16th December 2020, 06:49 PM
Are Sky showing this game ?

Amazon only

skyebo
16th December 2020, 06:51 PM
Amazon only

Ok, thanks Ian.

Steveo
16th December 2020, 06:54 PM
Regarding European finals :

I believe much of what is being said could be levelled at us before the Europa League final v Sevilla.... Didn't go to plan that night - Or in Kiev.

From my perspective games are never a foregone conclusion. But glad you guys have these crystal balls and are so 'all knowing' and 'wise' -- after the fact.. :D

faridtoxteth
16th December 2020, 06:57 PM
Regarding European finals :

I believe much of what is being said could be levelled at us before the Europa League final v Sevilla.... Didn't go to plan that night - Or in Kiev.

From my perspective games are never a foregone conclusion. But glad you guys have these crystal balls and are so 'all knowing' and 'wise' -- after the fact.. :D

I never make predictions before games though ! Wouldn't want to jinx it. I would never predict a Liverpool loss though, i would feel like a shit fan if we won.

Steveo
16th December 2020, 07:01 PM
Yes indeed - far harder to say what is said after a game - before it starts. We're all experts after the result is in.

faridtoxteth
16th December 2020, 07:09 PM
My bold prediction for tonight is that Mourinho will set up pretty defensive.

Kev0909
16th December 2020, 07:15 PM

That's a surprising prediction mate.

skyebo
16th December 2020, 07:18 PM

He always does when he plays someone decent. He's done it throughout his career.

southernboy
16th December 2020, 07:42 PM
I'm absolutely bricking it. Surely there's never been a better time to play us.

miller0863
16th December 2020, 07:42 PM
That’s what Wolves and Leicester thought

stevie harkness
16th December 2020, 07:58 PM
I think 4th October 2020 was the best time to play us as Aston Villa discovered.

ianlfc
16th December 2020, 08:01 PM
Rhys Williams it is. No Matip.

faridtoxteth
16th December 2020, 08:01 PM
Matip is out Rhys Williams in.

Steveo
16th December 2020, 08:02 PM
Yippieee.. #madeofglass

miller0863
16th December 2020, 08:02 PM
Matip really is not physically capable of playing Premier League football is he.

Nineteenx
16th December 2020, 08:03 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

Trent R.Williams Fabinho Robertson

Salah Firmino Mane

Let's remember ourselves tonight and accepting enforced changes and tweaks to how we have to play because of injuries, be as good as we can possibly be, get the win and another vital 3 points here tonight and give the returning fans a result to cheer.

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, get the win here tonight

ianlfc
16th December 2020, 08:03 PM
Matip really is not physically capable of playing Premier League football is he.

One game a week at best. That's ok If he's a squad player which he was bought for . But we cant rely on him.

Kev0909
16th December 2020, 08:04 PM

Imagine having hope because he just had a "knock" a knock for matip is at least 2 weeks haha... fuck sakes

R.Williams v kane?

Good luck lad

faridtoxteth
16th December 2020, 08:04 PM
Is Rhys Williams quite quick, or not would you say?
Just thinking about Son running at him. It might work to our advantage, because Matip and Fab are good defenders but neither blessed with much pace.

skyebo
16th December 2020, 08:05 PM

There's two more like him on the bench. Need to get shut of all three and bring people in we can rely on.

miller0863
16th December 2020, 08:06 PM
Come on Maureen explain how we have NO injuries but not one fit CB at the club??

RedNoodle
16th December 2020, 08:07 PM
Matip out?!?!? Surely not?!?!? :rolleyes:

This kind of thing is why we need to beef up our squad,

If we press to high up the pitch tonight I can see Son and Kane killing us on the break/counter.

jr81
16th December 2020, 08:08 PM
Come on Maureen explain how we have NO injuries but not one fit CB at the club??

Because we didn't replace our 4th choice cb when we sold him?
Because we have 2 out of 3 CBs that are known to be injured for periods at times throughout the last few seasons and we didn't address it?

skyebo
16th December 2020, 08:08 PM
He's just stoking the fire before we play them. Not the first to do that, and won't be the last either.

teesred
16th December 2020, 08:17 PM
I'd rather Philip's than William's. I'd be more confident of him dealing with the physicality of mouth breather.
Philips hasnt figured at all after doing pretty well in a couple of league games.

miller0863
16th December 2020, 08:17 PM
That really is not the point being made jr

skyebo
16th December 2020, 08:19 PM
I'd rather Philip's than William's. I'd be more confident of him dealing with the physicality of mouth breather.
Philips hasnt figured at all after doing pretty well in a couple of league games.

Philips was most people's MOTM in one game, barely had a look in since.

Nineteenx
16th December 2020, 08:21 PM
I'm expecting Hendo to sit and Gini to boss at RCM, shot on sight, always across Lloris for the bottom corner, seen so much of him being incredibly weak at low shots across him into the bottom corner, his weakest of all diving to his left

Nineteenx
16th December 2020, 08:21 PM
No stream listed yet, better be one the big twats

jr81
16th December 2020, 08:23 PM
That really is not the point being made jr

I know, mourinho is just being mourinho. Most people can see that.
But it is frustrating that we left Lovren for 10mil and we are in this situation.
But you can't legislate for what happened to virgil.. Gomez and matip I think everyone expected to be out at some stage.
Just frustrating..

CCTV
16th December 2020, 08:26 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

Trent R.Williams Fabinho Robertson

Salah Firmino Mane

Let's remember ourselves tonight and accepting enforced changes and tweaks to how we have to play because of injuries, be as good as we can possibly be, get the win and another vital 3 points here tonight and give the returning fans a result to cheer.

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, get the win here tonight

Decent 11 would rather see Hendo rcm, Gini 6 and Jones left.

miller0863
Yep jr

RedNoodle
No stream listed yet, better be one the big twats

There will be. There always is at least one somewhere when one of the 'big' teams is playing. Whether it's a watchable one however is another question entirely.

RedNoodle
16th December 2020, 08:27 PM
TAA needs to be given some help/protection.

CCTV
16th December 2020, 08:31 PM
TAA needs to be given some help/protection.

Aye, the young centre back too, it's why I'd like to see Hendo rcm and Gini 6.

CCTV
16th December 2020, 08:31 PM
Have you the subs bench handy ?

Nineteenx
16th December 2020, 08:37 PM
Decent 11 would rather see Hendo rcm, Gini 6 and Jones left.

I don't like that personally, we lose too much in distribution, that's happened in the 2 games we've done it this season and in the first one we created virtually nothing and in the second we weren't creating anything, Jurgen moved Hendo back to CM and Gin RCM and Jones left and we scored literally 30 seconds later.

I think Hendo may well sit deeper tonight as an out and out DM and look to distribute and test Spurs with switches, long diagonals and balls over the top from there, only needs one, one to be just perfect, one for Mane or Mo to win in front of the defender or for their run combined with the quality of the ball to cause an error or for us to win the second ball and use it quickly and well, yes it's direct, but we are very direct at times, one goal and a 1-0 win for us will do very nicely, although I'd obviously prefer Spurs to get a bumming

justme
16th December 2020, 08:38 PM
Time to ditch Matip in the summer..you just cant rely on him to be avaiable.We need a new DF in the winter transfer window.

skyebo
16th December 2020, 08:38 PM
Have you the subs bench handy ?

Keita OX Minamino Kelleher Origi Philips Williams N

LFC vs PFC
16th December 2020, 08:42 PM
Can't stand Jose, absolute bell end, however to his credit he spoke beautifully about Ged.

dicko1969
16th December 2020, 08:43 PM
Philips was most people's MOTM in one game, barely had a look in since.

Agree with that
V Brighton he was immense
And motm

dicko1969
16th December 2020, 08:45 PM
Can't stand Jose, absolute bell end, however to his credit he spoke beautifully about Ged.

https://youtu.be/IhU2BnByKFg

faridtoxteth
16th December 2020, 08:49 PM
https://youtu.be/IhU2BnByKFg

Can't argue with that.

Insidious
16th December 2020, 11:01 PM
@ Sid - It might have looked like that BUT I told you it wasnt so.

People forget they had plenty of injury and fitness concerns last season ( and season before ) much like we have now - not as extreme perhaps and more spread out - but that...coupled with a new manager took its toll. You could see even last season in games they were able to mix it with anyone. They have had one of the strongest squads around for years. The only surprise is that they haven't won trophies.

Let's be clear here - If they win in Madrid things are very very different right now...and last season.

We got the early CL final penalty and we went on to win. We are talking about one game in effect.

Don't get me wrong Klopp has got us well ahead of them - yet they are still in the mix despite losing a manager of Poch's class just a year ago.

I think it is time for people to face reality and accept that Spurs are a more agile club than us. They are better placed for long term success than we are. We have Klopp - a new training facility and a new main stand.. Once Klopp is taken out of that equation - we are looking up at them I fear.

I say much of this in the hope that I am wrong... but....only time will tell

@ Bali Spurs are one of the richest clubs in the world even if they don't turn a profit - which they do in record numbers...Lewis alone is worth around $7 Billion.

Looking at Spurs in detail does not make good reading for anyone not associated with the club. They seem to be breaking records without winning a bean.. I don't even want to think about what they could do IF they actually won a major prize. One thing is for certain- Had they won that 2019 final - they wouldn't have been sitting on their thumbs and just "paying the bills".

"If you don't win the last game of the season nobody gives a shit" - Billy Beane

"Look, if you had, one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted. In one moment
Would you capture it, or just let it slip?" - Eminem

Spurs dropped Pochettino, inherited Mourinho, finished 6th.

They are now "flying" under Mourinho and have practically nobody injured, yet are just 2 points above Everton, in the Europa League place. In Mourinho's second season, historically his best.

They recently announced £64m losses.

Let's see how this season and next play out before we stress too much about the Spursiest team to ever Spurs.

CCTV
16th December 2020, 11:22 PM
Go on the boisterous Sid :)

redebreck
18th December 2020, 08:53 PM
For what?
https://streamable.com/umpqtb

^ that's what people have been saying about kane, imagine matip dropping back first, cya

Heres more

https://streamable.com/ar46x9

was a article about it on skysports but can't seem to find it, on about how dangerous it is

what a cnut

Steveo
18th December 2020, 09:23 PM
"If you don't win the last game of the season nobody gives a shit" - Billy Beane

"Look, if you had, one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted. In one moment
Would you capture it, or just let it slip?" - Eminem

Spurs dropped Pochettino, inherited Mourinho, finished 6th.

They are now "flying" under Mourinho and have practically nobody injured, yet are just 2 points above Everton, in the Europa League place. In Mourinho's second season, historically his best.

They recently announced £64m losses.

Let's see how this season and next play out before we stress too much about the Spursiest team to ever Spurs.

Sid - dear Sid...

Have you looked at the games they have already played this season..??

Have you forgotten that they are also playing in the Europa.

You have also conveniently ignored the fact that Spurs had huge injury problems last season on top of a management change that many believed was them in a coffin.

We can all wait and see what happens mate BUT the facts are just as I stated. They are not going away regardless of what you or anyone cares to dream. It is just the way it is.

To believe they are is just as foolish as believing that we only buy players who are immune to injury. Remember that blindingly daft concept..?

Seriously mate - you seem to be a nice fella but please don’t jinx us - it isn’t cool.

Balinkay
18th December 2020, 09:57 PM
Don't be so fearful, Steveo. Three weeks ago Chelsea were looking like the real deal. A few weeks before that it was Everton.

Too early to say they've even been in the same galaxy as a genuine title challenge.

Edit: I mean this year.

Steveo
18th December 2020, 11:03 PM
It’s not about being fearful - just about being a bit more humble and more cute.

You won’t find too many match going fans predicting the demise of their most bitter rival outside of the match day vibe in the stadium. And why...? Because these things have a habit of biting you on the arse.

I am deeply fearful of people tempting fate.Seems foolish to me.

Just a few months back our transfer policy and data analysis was being cited as epic - due to an amazing ability to foresee the future and aquire seemingly indestructible players. I mean seriously ... Even if you think such a thing. Don’t go putting it out there. Asking for it IMO. And so it came to pass..

It can be suggested that we wait for another 18 months before we fret over Spurs or anyone for that matter...and that’s fine - I am just saying - don’t be foolish and start suggesting things which are bat shit crazy and bound to end up backfiring.

As for title challenge this year - same can be said of us Bali. It is way too early - United could win it. Sounds nuts but it could happen. Then What..? :D

Kev0909
18th December 2020, 11:15 PM
Oiii stop being so kevative

with bobby at the wheel we're doing the double

Champions league n prem here we come

happy christmas

CCTV
18th December 2020, 11:43 PM
I'll save mine till after the palace game, but many happy returns kevative0909 and all :)

Balinkay
18th December 2020, 11:44 PM
You know I'm with you on the whole "taking them seriously and don't tempt fate" topic. Probably more than most.

You're just worrying yourself too much - with the doom and gloom. Same with Ole when he had his purple patch, same when Buvac left.

It'll likely be fine in the end. History suggests they'll disintegrate around Christmas next year (although I don't think Mou will be fired next season under basically any circumstances. And if they don't... well shite happens. Might as well laugh at it. :very_drunk:

Teams come and teams go. Looks like Arsenal might spend some time in the middle of the table, Spurs will go a bit up. In a few years it will be our turn to start fighting for top four rather than titles. These things happen to everyone (unless they have infinite money). I wouldn't worry too much about Spurs - at the end of the day there's only ever going to be three-four potential title winning teams in the division at the same time - for a while now it looks like it's been us + City, time for someone else to step up.

Maybe Mou still has enough mojo left to make Spurs that third one but it's faaaar too early to tell.

We should be worried about United, not Spurs. They actually have infinite money, unlike Spurs who will be facing some unique challenges with their debt in these covidtastic times.

teesred
18th December 2020, 11:49 PM
Don't be so fearful, Steveo. Three weeks ago Chelsea were looking like the real deal. A few weeks before that it was Everton.

Too early to say they've even been in the same galaxy as a genuine title challenge.

Edit: I mean this year.

I think W.ham are going to beat Chelsea this weekend.

justme
19th December 2020, 01:15 AM
Klopp was saying how everyone plays LFC like its a cup final. He mentioned how Newcastle played like that in a dead rubber basically has they were safe in the league.
I will be interested to see how they approach the fixtures.. They have Man-city away then us 4 days later (we get the 3 because BT and SKY are trying to fuck us over). But i will be interested to see how Newcastle approach both games. Whether the rest players for the Man-city and focus solely on LFC.

Steveo
19th December 2020, 09:45 AM
@ Bali, you are right off course - but I am a glass half empty kinda guy sadly. I wish I could have Sids positivity and seeming assuredness but don’t.

I also realise that the talk about tempting fate and jinxing is most likely phantom superstitious mumbo jumbo BUT I am afflicted.

I also find the more negative I am the more we win. The moment I start predicting future success or big wins - it all goes tits up. Hence I am very nervous when I see it put forward by another.

Insidious
19th December 2020, 09:57 AM
@ Bali, you are right off course - but I am a glass half empty kinda guy sadly. I wish I could have Sids positivity and seeming assuredness but don’t.

I also realise that the talk about tempting fate and jinxing is most likely phantom superstitious mumbo jumbo BUT I am afflicted.

I also find the more negative I am the more we win. The moment I start predicting future success or big wins - it all goes tits up. Hence I am very nervous when I see it put forward by another.

Don't torture yourself Steveo (easier said than done, I know) as it's a waste of your own energy and good form.

I assure you that there are elements of my life where I would catastrophise for years - and still do a bit - but I have gotten more and more positive/relaxed as time goes on.

The entire being on the Planet and enduring the human condition thing is such a wild experience. Football is escapism for me and should be for others. The fact of the matter is that hundreds of thousands of fans think the way I do about Spurs and hundreds of thousands more fans think the way you do about Spurs. To stress on who is possibly jinxing things or who is right/wrong is fairly pointless.

The future is a Wealth of possibilities. Time provides opportunity. Spurs probably win the Champion's League or the League one day because they are a well-enough run Club, granted, but that could be 10-30 years from now, or could even be longer.

Maybe they win Big Ears, which is a knockout competition of course (so anything can happen) in, say, 4 years. We going to revisit this thread about it? Nah.

Worry about one side. Us. We're well-run. We have plenty of senior talent, talent in the "middle" age-range and plenty of Youth coming through. By the time Klopp leaves (still 3 more full seasons if he does the whole contract) we will be in a good position for whoever takes over.

We all die one day - Spurs are the least of our worries. They might win the Title this season and set themselves up for a better year next year. Or they might finish outside the Top Four, miss out on the money they need and be forced to sell a decent player, setting their progress back.

Let it all play out. We'll be taking care of ourselves.

Balinkay
19th December 2020, 10:16 AM

Fair enough mate, I can see your point. Just try to enjoy it and take a more philosophical look - success comes, success goes. Teams come, teams go.

CCTV
19th December 2020, 01:27 PM
Forum award categories...

1For over swimming in the pool of toxic positivity
2The grinch of tempting fate & 3forum youtuber of the year

Balinkay
19th December 2020, 02:34 PM
Hm, @justin should do them again at some point, no?

Insidious
19th December 2020, 03:15 PM
Here, Steveo, has today against Palace helped? :lol:

Steveo
19th December 2020, 03:31 PM
Marginally Sid.. We got lucky today.. Lucky 7.. :D

Balinkay
19th December 2020, 03:34 PM
I totally understand him tbh, Sid.

Used to be a bit like that myself but in the grand scheme of things... one result or one season doesn't matter. The picture is way bigger and the excellent way in which the club is run + our amazing manager make even the worst of defeats or trophy misses little more than an annoyance. That's why I wasn't that bothered about missing out on the title in 2019 (in comparison to a lot of fellow forumites that is). That's honestly the biggest sign of just how well things are going right now. Long may it continue.

Insidious
19th December 2020, 04:33 PM
I do too Bali.

I know how much my own internalised predisposition toward pessimism used to eat me, so I am always keen to invite people all-aboard my Positivity Train that departs from Platform Banter at Station All the Craic.

While things are ticking along as well as they are, we should enjoy it. At some point in our future, whether it's in 6 years or 26, we'll be off the pace, languishing in mid-table and pining for the good old days. I don't want to miss a single second of the wonderful ride we're on and can't help but be who I am, just as Steveo can't help who he is.

Happy Reds tonight, which is a good thing at this time of year. Stay safe and smiling all!

reddownunder
20th December 2020, 11:21 PM
Spurs doing a Spurs against Leicester as usual

miller0863
20th December 2020, 11:39 PM
Spurs are just as Spursy as ever they were.