Assuming Matip is still out -

............................Alisson

Trent...R. Williams...Fabinho..Robertson

.........................Henderson

...................Wijnaldum.........Jones

...Salah............Firmino..........Mane

Nineteenx
16th December 2020, 11:01 PM
Same again please, let's start a new continuity of selection and formation in the absence of some of our lads

Alisson

Trent Matip/R.Williams Fabinho Robertson

Wijnaldum Henderson Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

CCTV
16th December 2020, 11:01 PM
My team
...................Ali
TAA Williams Fabinho Robbo
..................Gini
...........Hendo Jones
......Salah Firmino Mane

miller0863
16th December 2020, 11:14 PM
Benteke scored again tonight then got sent off, so missed our game.
Shame that...

Kev0909
16th December 2020, 11:15 PM
I expect maybe 1 or 2 changes due to congestion

and for some reason 0 subs (which only others would mention if we didn't score at the end)

miller0863
16th December 2020, 11:16 PM
Just hope Keita didn’t pick up a knock, he was waiting to come on for at least 2 or 3 minutes

Nineteenx
16th December 2020, 11:17 PM
Just hope Keita didn’t pick up a knock, he was waiting to come on for at least 2 or 3 minutes

:D he is QUALITY, just been very unfortunate with injuries

Insidious
16th December 2020, 11:22 PM

and for some reason 0 subs (which only others would mention if we didn't score at the end)

When we have a marginal edge in a game and the players are playing well, we don't make many.

Whenever someone is playing poorly or it's obvious we need something different, we make a sub.

We were grinding them. It's ENORMOUSLY tempting to make a change to do with rotation, especially as there are still 25 League games left, but when you're on the cusp of nicking 3 points it's probably worth sticking with.

southernboy
17th December 2020, 08:13 PM
Thiago back in training on his own outside. I wonder how long it will be until we see him again.

dicko1969
17th December 2020, 08:52 PM

Looked at that and thought
Origi nope he wont change the game

Minamino for Firmino... hesitation

Keita maybe ... but for who?

Neco and Philips nope...

Interestingly 2 extra in the bench for Saturday allowing 9 on the bench .

I guess as the stadium is empty
Why not have the u23 and u18s on the bench too.

dicko1969
17th December 2020, 08:53 PM
Thiago back in training on his own outside. I wonder how long it will be until we see him again.

Must be in 10 days or sooner.

Looked like only running etc

Nothing with the ball or contact football with the others.

Keita and Oxlade were playing with the others ... football.

Insidious
17th December 2020, 09:00 PM

As long as he comes back t-r-u-l-y ready I am happy to wait.

This squad is capable of getting a 4-point lead at the top of the League very soon, provided we remain consistent. From a 4-point lead you try to build up to a 7-point lead and so on.

If he was available, fit and ready for the Champion's League last-16 I would take that. Anything else is a bonus.

RedNoodle
17th December 2020, 11:56 PM
How the hell are we being made to play the 12:30pm game on Saturday given that we played on Wednesday, when other teams played on Tuesday?!?!? :mad:

miller0863
18th December 2020, 12:10 AM
As you can see with VAR, no one wants us to win the title again.

faridtoxteth
18th December 2020, 01:21 AM
How the hell are we being made to play the 12:30pm game on Saturday given that we played on Wednesday, when other teams played on Tuesday?!?!? :mad:

The 12.30s are always teams with a high profile following in Asia, that is why. Because it's saturday evening there. So that is us, man U, maybe Spurs because they have Son, the Asian TV audiences aren't going to watch west brom against fulham.

RedNoodle
18th December 2020, 01:51 AM
The 12.30s are always teams with a high profile following in Asia, that is why. Because it's saturday evening there. So that is us, man U, maybe Spurs because they have Son, the Asian TV audiences aren't going to watch west brom against fulham.

That's the reason some have given for this, however if that is indeed the sole/main reason, why haven't either Chelsea or Man City (and yes I know we can joke about their size, recent success, and how they 'achieved'/'bought' it) been selected for this time slot given they both played on Tuesday?

Some may say we should put on our tin hats, but as Miller just said, it seems as if various quarters are trying all they can to make sure we don't win the title again.

dicko1969
18th December 2020, 04:25 AM
As part of Liverpool success
And also that all clubs signed up to the bt contract 2 years ago
12.30pm ko are down to the greed of the clubs signing up to such a deal.

ianlfc
18th December 2020, 09:35 AM
At least there will be no difference in atmosphere with and without fans at 12.30 kick offs.
They are bloody awful . There's been a few ive
been at , 0-0's against Utd and one 0-0 against Everton that was the weekend of the Icelandic ash cloud and I couldn't get home . I ended up going to Edinburgh to get a flight home.

CCTV
18th December 2020, 12:05 PM
That's the reason some have given for this, however if that is indeed the sole/main reason, why haven't either Chelsea or Man City (and yes I know we can joke about their size, recent success, and how they 'achieved'/'bought' it) been selected for this time slot given they both played on Tuesday?

Some may say we should put on our tin hats, but as Miller just said, it seems as if various quarters are trying all they can to make sure we don't win the title again.

Dunno, could be swings and roundabouts, think theres a favourable break for us around new years.

skyebo
18th December 2020, 01:06 PM

I never looked at it that way before, makes total sense now. And as Dicko said, the greed of the clubs are a factor too.

Insidious
18th December 2020, 01:50 PM

It's annoying, but the positive spin I try to put on it is that if we manage to win the game, it applies an extra touch of pressure to those sides around us.

We have a bit of a lead on City for example already and they aren't the Mentality Monsters that we are.

miller0863
18th December 2020, 02:06 PM
Good weekend to get the 3 points under our belts first, everyone could drop points again this weekend, including us.
The midweek fixtures saw us gain 3 points on Tottenham, Chelsea and Leicester, with a two point gain on Man City. Not a bad set of results all round.
Would just like to see Utd back in their box before they get too secure in the top four.

skyebo
18th December 2020, 02:13 PM
Alisson
Williams N
Philips
Fabinho
Robertson
Jones
Henderson
Wijnaldum
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Steveo
18th December 2020, 02:14 PM
Will be a tougher game than Fulham IMO. Palace away is a pig of a game. They have some good weapons and a very vociferous support.

Edit: Matip should be ok for this one?

skyebo
18th December 2020, 02:17 PM
Will be a tougher game than Fulham IMO. Palace away is a pig of a game. They have some good weapons and a very vociferous support.

Zaha could be a threat, if he manages to stay on his feet long enough. I don't know who's the worst, him or Sterling.

stevie harkness
18th December 2020, 02:26 PM

Edit: Matip should be ok for this one?

I thought I heard that London clubs can't host vociferous fans at the moment because of being in tier 3?

Steveo
18th December 2020, 02:31 PM
I thought I heard that London clubs can't host vociferous fans at the moment because of being in tier 3?

Good point - forgot about that..My son's football is unaffected so thought maybe fans would continue but you must be right.

They are threatening us with Tier 4 a few days after Christmas...

southernboy
18th December 2020, 02:48 PM
Klopp on the need to start well: "Before the Tottenham game, Gini was in the dressing room shouting: 'Don't let us waste the first half again!'"

We really need to be awake and focused for this one. Another first half performance like vs Fulham and we'll lose. We'll also need 2+ goals to compensate for the Saturday VAR team.

LEGS
18th December 2020, 04:32 PM
One change Matip to come in for Williams.

We can have 2 extra subs tomorrow so be interesting to see which "yoofs" get the nod.

Steveo
18th December 2020, 04:41 PM
yutedem...:D

ianlfc
18th December 2020, 04:48 PM
I've just seen part of Jurgens press conference. He definitely seems a lot more upbeat than he's been in months which hopefully means the team are aswell going into the game.

Steveo
18th December 2020, 04:55 PM
Ja....he is looking bedder-in this moment-fourshoe'er.

Still think there is a touch of the Geordie Michaels' with his current demeanour..

https://youtu.be/bPXn63fxdfI

stevie harkness
18th December 2020, 05:21 PM
Hopefully means positive news on the injury front. He was joking that we'd sign Thiago in January.

justincredible
18th December 2020, 06:14 PM
Thiago who?

stevie harkness
18th December 2020, 07:19 PM
Thiagoes my knee again.

Joetan991
19th December 2020, 04:05 AM
As you can see with VAR, no one wants us to win the title again.

I went for vision check up worrying Is my eyes vision problem after few misjudgment. Now I start worrying if they really do not want us to win the league.

Mane ( Everton ) vs Son ( Us ) can someone tell me why ?

Nineteenx
19th December 2020, 12:32 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Wijnaldum Henderson Keita

Minamino Firmino Mane

Let's be as good as we can possibly be with this line and the tweaks made by Jurgen last time out are even more successful and we are more clinical with our chances leaving nothing to chance, get the win and another vital 3 points here today

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, get the win and another vital 3 points here today

eggy81
19th December 2020, 12:35 PM
I’m on a ff forum and the last 3 weeks including today the Liverpool line up has been shared accurately on the Friday evening on this forum. Looks like we’ve got another leak in the camp.

Insidious
19th December 2020, 12:37 PM
I’m on a ff forum and the last 3 weeks including today the Liverpool line up has been shared accurately on the Friday evening on this forum. Looks like we’ve got another leak in the camp.

I mentioned leaks earlier in the season.

It's usually either accurate or one player out. Tad annoying, but not sure what we can do.

Resting Salah here is an interesting one. Will see less of the long diagonal. Will be interesting to see what our possession spells are like.

miller0863
19th December 2020, 12:38 PM
So we’re resting Salah, our biggest goal threat, for a difficult away game with our next game 8 days away ... strange one unless he’s not 100%.

miller0863
19th December 2020, 12:40 PM
Can definitely see us coming unstuck here, they are pretty decent going forward and our away form ain’t great

Kev0909
19th December 2020, 12:49 PM
Can definitely see us coming unstuck here, they are pretty decent going forward and our away form ain’t great

Salah on the bench

Mane gonna find his shooting boots today?

otherwise who's going to score?

Bobby could get a goal with his head I suppose

Also have we not got another young kid like clarkson / young striker instead of 2 goalkeepers on bench ?

reddownunder
19th December 2020, 12:58 PM
So we’re resting Salah, our biggest goal threat, for a difficult away game with our next game 8 days away ... strange one unless he’s not 100%.

If Salah didn't start against Midtjylland he wouldn't need to be rested today. It makes no logical sense

Nineteenx
19th December 2020, 01:01 PM
Minamino gets a first start in his actual position that he played mostly at Salzburg and that he impressed us so much in to buy him, really hope he produces the kind of display for us he used to so regularly at Salzburg, I'd have started Mo, Palace are no mugs, but at least Minamino's actually getting a start in his position.

Let's see if it brings back that rocket healed terror we were all so made up to have signed, he's going to need to show really good strength in that role in the Premier League too

Nineteenx
19th December 2020, 01:03 PM
I'm expecting we might very well be very creative, I think Jurgen's gone with the players he has for more creativity and ball carrying ability playing off the front players with give and goes looking to receive it back and surge into the box

LEGS
19th December 2020, 01:08 PM
We might go with more of a diamond today with that line up.

Palace is always a tough away match or imt feels like that to me !

RedNoodle
19th December 2020, 01:13 PM
Salah not starting, Minamino taking his place, Wijnaldum in midfield, Klopp being interviewed by that **** from BT .....

I'm sure I can hear warning bells in the distance ......