View Full Version : Your team v West Brom

Insidious
19th December 2020, 03:19 PM
.........................Alisson

Trent.....Matip......Fabinho..Robertson

.........................Wijnaldum

..................Henderson.........Jones

...Salah..............Firmino..........Mane

Honestly there are a few positions where it's a case of "take your pick" though!

And a WEEK of rest!!!!!!

Nineteenx
19th December 2020, 03:23 PM
Alisson

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Wijnaldum Henderson Keita

Salah Firmino Mane

Keita impressed for me today and I feel he's earned another start

Insidious
19th December 2020, 03:25 PM
Happily see Keita play in terms of quality. I am a huge fan of his and Taki's.

Jones the physically stronger player to deal with an Allardyce side, no slight on Naby.

skyebo
19th December 2020, 03:30 PM
The team that started today.

jr81
20th December 2020, 09:40 PM
Happily see Keita play in terms of quality. I am a huge fan of his and Taki's.

Jones the physically stronger player to deal with an Allardyce side, no slight on Naby.

Allardyce was the last manager to beat us at anfield. Wouldnt he love to be the one to break the run. I really hope we batter them.

Insidious
20th December 2020, 10:06 PM
Allardyce was the last manager to beat us at anfield. Wouldnt he love to be the one to break the run. I really hope we batter them.

The main thing really is to get at West Brom from the off. Do that and we have a chance of scoring first.

Score first and we're in control. Can pass it about with a view to luring them out to create space, or we can go for the jugular. But I'd massively back us to win if we score first and thankfully we have recent practice against Palace who, as much as I like to poke fun at Hodgson, are generally defensively relatively sound.

Turn up, mean business, get at them, you'd fancy us.

skyebo
20th December 2020, 10:06 PM

I didn't know that.

jr81
20th December 2020, 10:17 PM
I didn't know that.
Palace beat us and Benteke scored the winner. I have a dislike for Allardyce. I really hope we batter them. I always fear playing his teams (I don't know why).

vin
20th December 2020, 10:26 PM
They've just been battered by Villa.

If we turn up, we will win

skyebo
20th December 2020, 10:28 PM
Palace beat us and Benteke scored the winner. I have a dislike for Allardyce. I really hope we batter them. I always fear playing his teams (I don't know why).

I think i remember it being Palace, but i forgot he was ever manager there.

RedNoodle
20th December 2020, 10:32 PM

Who doesn't?

Balinkay
20th December 2020, 11:02 PM
Who doesn't?

Pie companies.

Kev0909
20th December 2020, 11:39 PM
WBA fans will like him if he manages to keep that lot up

good luck to him, big job

I wouldn't even count sheff utd out yet 100%

miller0863
20th December 2020, 11:41 PM
I wouldn’t count Arsenal out either just yet ... better order some popcorn for the festive season fixtures. Gonna be fun.

Kev0909
20th December 2020, 11:42 PM
if we put 7 past palace away

I expect at least 9 here, min standard.

justme
21st December 2020, 12:33 AM
Do we know whether there will be fans allowed into the West-Brom game??

justme
21st December 2020, 12:34 AM
I think i remember it being Palace, but i forgot he was ever manager there.

I thought it was West-ham our last home defeat??

justme
21st December 2020, 12:35 AM
Ok was Crystal Palace just looked.. Memories are strange things.

Insidious
23rd December 2020, 12:32 AM
Seems West Brom have a match against Leeds just 48 hours or so later unless there's a mistake in the schedule I looked at.

Allardyce had to shuffle things around a little there somewhere, surely. May benefit us.

stevie harkness
23rd December 2020, 12:34 AM
I was looking at our record under Klopp after a 5-0, 6-0 or 7-0 victory and it's not great but hopefully this week off help.

justme
23rd December 2020, 12:38 AM
Seems West Brom have a match against Leeds just 48 hours or so later unless there's a mistake in the schedule I looked at.

Allardyce had to shuffle things around a little there somewhere, surely. May benefit us.

No one plays until boxing day and us and west-brom play on the 27th

Edit ignore this misread as usual :)

Insidious
23rd December 2020, 08:59 PM
Referee - Kevin Friend.
Assistants - Simon Beck, Adrian Holmes.
Fourth official - Anthony Taylor.
VAR - Martin Atkinson.
Assistant VAR - Peter Kirkup.

It's like a multi-stage boss fight in a Final Fantasy game.

miller0863
24th December 2020, 02:08 PM
Thiago not available for WBA, all other midfielders looking good. Should we have a “Thiago Alcantara is nearly ready to start” thread? It will probably see us through to Easter.

Kev0909
24th December 2020, 02:09 PM
Thiago not available for WBA, all other midfielders looking good. Should we have a “Thiago Alcantara is nearly ready to start” thread? It will probably see us through to Easter.

And he's earned more than any of us most likely in our lifetime already!

Yoo give us some charity Thiago, I can't afford food my benefits go on crack and booze n cigs

thanks

ianlfc
24th December 2020, 02:22 PM

Yoo give us some charity Thiago, I can't afford food my benefits go on crack and booze n cigs

thanks

Make sure whatever youve left over you don't waste.

dicko1969
24th December 2020, 09:43 PM
We seem to have the best xmas fixtures in terms of rest 3 or 4 days.
Compare to some only 48hours

dicko1969
24th December 2020, 09:45 PM
The main thing really is to get at West Brom from the off. Do that and we have a chance of scoring first.

Score first and we're in control. Can pass it about with a view to luring them out to create space, or we can go for the jugular. But I'd massively back us to win if we score first and thankfully we have recent practice against Palace who, as much as I like to poke fun at Hodgson, are generally defensively relatively sound.

Turn up, mean business, get at them, you'd fancy us.

Dont give away free kicks/ set pieces.
That's where they can score.
With Allardyce shit tactics.

redebreck
24th December 2020, 11:22 PM

thanks

Make sure whatever youve left over you don't waste.

George Best....

Nineteenx
27th December 2020, 04:30 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Jones Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Let's be as good as we can possibly be, get the win and another vital 3 points here today

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, get the win and another vital 3 points here today

ianlfc
27th December 2020, 04:32 PM
10-0 with that line up !!

justme
27th December 2020, 04:36 PM
Hopefully Jones can get on the scoresheet today.. would be good to see a midfielder offer goals

miller0863
27th December 2020, 04:37 PM
Just missing Virgil and Thiago from full strength and Jota off the bench.

Nineteenx
27th December 2020, 04:42 PM
Hopefully Jones can get on the scoresheet today.. would be good to see a midfielder offer goals

I could have sworn we'd had 2 goals from our midfielders in the last 3 games, that's pretty pleasing given that their role in our set up is predominantly to support our forwards and full backs operating as they do, it would be great for Jones to score, but, as the midfielders do play deeper to allow the full backs to play higher and both full backs frequently get in positions, especially Robbo between the opposition RB and RCB from which they should score, they really really need to start adding some of the goals you'd normally expect from your midfield

southernboy
27th December 2020, 04:49 PM
Keita out with a “fitness issue”. Talk about stealing a living.

Nineteenx
27th December 2020, 04:53 PM
10-0 with that line up !!

We'd all be perfectly happy with our lads winning every game 1-0, but it would be absolutely brilliant to see the creativity and ruthless clinical finishing we displayed in our last game continue

miller0863
27th December 2020, 04:53 PM
It’s odd with Keita, he doesn’t even have to play to pick up an injury.

teesred
27th December 2020, 05:02 PM

Same with Shaq,They both get injured whilst being out injured.
Off you go, the pair of you.

southernboy
27th December 2020, 05:02 PM

I get the feeling that he’s one of those players that feels every little niggle and decides he can’t play. I imagine the likes of Henderson and Milner play through the pain barrier more often than not... Gerrard was the same. Keita really needs to sort his head out as much as his body.

southernboy
27th December 2020, 05:03 PM
Klopp on Keita: "He's a little bit injured, unfortunately. Nothing else to say."

miller0863
27th December 2020, 05:07 PM
He should think a little bit of going back to the Bundesliga