.............Henderson........Minamino

...Salah..............Firmino..........Mane

justme
27th December 2020, 07:31 PM
Zzzzzz

Insidious
27th December 2020, 07:36 PM
Zzzzzz

Wonderful contribution. Shows great character. A beautiful technician.

Imagine someone wanting to discuss Football on a footie forum.

Don't like a thread? Don't read it *shrug*

justme
27th December 2020, 07:38 PM
Seems you dont really care about results. most of us are pissed off at the game today. You cant wait more than 2 minutes to post a thread on the next line up.

Insidious
27th December 2020, 07:45 PM
Seems you dont really care about results. most of us are pissed off at the game today. You cant wait more than 2 minutes to post a thread on the next line up.

I've posted in the West Brom thread (not that I have to, stewing seems a relative waste of time) post-match.

I try to think ahead. I put up Your Team Against threads very promptly. It's habit.

Call it my temperament, put it down to my OCD, chalk it up to my attempts to move in and think positive, whatever. It won't change. Get used to it.

Gurning about it is daft. You're wasting valuable time you could be spending gurning about the result instead. The thread goes up for those who wish to discuss. It's hardly as if the Match Thread suddenly closes when I post it up.

skyebo
27th December 2020, 08:30 PM
I've posted in the West Brom thread (not that I have to, stewing seems a relative waste of time) post-match.

I try to think ahead. I put up Your Team Against threads very promptly. It's habit.

Call it my temperament, put it down to my OCD, chalk it up to my attempts to move in and think positive, whatever. It won't change. Get used to it.

Gurning about it is daft. You're wasting valuable time you could be spending gurning about the result instead. The thread goes up for those who wish to discuss. It's hardly as if the Match Thread suddenly closes when I post it up.

Your team Sid.

Kev0909
27th December 2020, 08:32 PM
.....Alisson

Neco.....Phillips....Fabinho..Robertson

.........................Wijnaldum

.............Thiago........Ox

Shaqiri.............Bamford..........Elliot

Nineteenx
27th December 2020, 08:33 PM
Pretty much agree Sid, almost exactly what I was thinking, Ox or Minamino as a more attacking third mid who will drive at defenders or make runs which will commit them and create space and who can pose a threat shooting from distance. I do Phillips rather than Williams, he's let himself down a little in his last couple of outings failing to keep the line if the experienced CB to create uncertainty and opportunities for the opposition

Alisson

Trent Phillips Fabinho Robertson

Minamino Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

HLOGI
27th December 2020, 08:58 PM
Ox in for Jones. Minamino for Firmino. Play Mane as the 9, Minamino as 11 or vice versa.

Others need a chance, Firmino needs to be benched.

HLOGI
27th December 2020, 08:59 PM
But I bet you Klopp brings Milner in. Also I bet you Klopp plays Origi.

Kev0909
27th December 2020, 09:00 PM

Firmino would have to score 3 own goals for me to pick Origi to start the shower of shite

Fuck him and his attitude

thanks for the fish now fuck off

Insidious
27th December 2020, 09:05 PM

Origi is an intriguing shout - not one that I would go for - what makes you think Klopp picks him, shop window?

justme
27th December 2020, 09:12 PM
Firmino was one of the biggest issues today..in games like these he gets lost hes neither a forward nor a midfielder.
I would go in with a front 3 of Minamino Salah in the middle and Mane on the right for the newcastle game

The rest is up in the air.

justme
27th December 2020, 09:18 PM
What i mean by being one of the issues. Firmino wasnt allowed to turn when he played off the top.. 2 west-brom players pushed him backwards.. I would rather we played with an out and out forward in games like these today. At least the forward would be closer to the oppositions goal and facing the right way.. You can't play of Firmino when teams play this deep. theres no space.

Thats why i think we should go with salah through the middle. Newcastle will play the same way as West-brom.

Nineteenx
28th December 2020, 06:45 PM
Revised my thinking

Alisson

Oxlade Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

I'd go with Ox in the midfield 3, he has been unfortunate with injuries, but he played key roles in quite a few games at LFWD and RCM in our best period last season

jinky
28th December 2020, 10:38 PM
Origi is an intriguing shout - not one that I would go for - what makes you think Klopp picks him, shop window?

After the WBA pass fest that ultimately got nowhere how about a plan B?
Origi is not the answer, we all know that, but he's the only option for a plan B.
Teams are happy to play us like a game of basketball. We win the ball and secure possession by finding spare man invariably around the half way line. While this happens opposition get two lines of 5 organised. Its basically attackers against defenders. Newcastle will play just like WBA. Pundits will say tactical masterclass from Bruce. Stick the big lads in their own penalty box and win the first ball. No matter what Trent or Robbo deliver there's little chance of our mini trio getting on the end of things. Hence Origi for the next game. A shot or two from outside the box from the midfield would be a nice addition too.
Virgil has been a big loss. Not so much at the back as we've not really been under the pump since the Everton game but what he can give us up front.

Insidious
29th December 2020, 10:54 PM
When Steve Bruce last beat us (Hull, 2015) our front three was Ibe, Sterling and Balotelli.

Jones
Manquillo
Toure
Brannagan
Lallana
Markovic
Lambert

5 years truly isn't a terribly long time. Our progress is mental.

justme
30th December 2020, 10:11 AM
Big game this evening.. Need to end the year on a winning note.. Sets us up for big push in the new year..

Balinkay
30th December 2020, 10:32 AM
5 years truly isn't a terribly long time. Our progress is mental.

It isn't. We really should remember that when we inevitably have a bad season (could be this one).

sydenham red
30th December 2020, 10:51 AM
Start Neco and Ox, Trent and Curtis both either need a break or a gee-up. Trent can get on last 30 if needed and Shaq needs to get some match fitness too.

Upfront i'd stick with the normal 3, minamino can come on if salah is having one of his bad finishing displays

justme
30th December 2020, 10:57 AM
I'd be loathed to change 2 places at the back..We already have to change a centre back again..

ianlfc
30th December 2020, 03:30 PM
Ive just been sent this , some fella posted it on social media.

Ali
Trent
Milner
Fabinho
Williams
Hendo
Gini
Ox
Mo
Bobby
Mane
I'd be happy with that line up but hugely pissed of that someone is leaking team news.

Kev0909
30th December 2020, 03:37 PM
Fuck me, i hope newcastle aren't playing anyone with pace

Insidious
30th December 2020, 04:13 PM
Ali
Trent
Milner
Fabinho
Williams
Hendo
Gini
Ox
Mo
Bobby
Mane

Williams at centre-back, Milner at left-back, by the looks of it.

Newcastle have scored one goal total in their last 3 matches and just a couple of weeks ago Leeds managed to stick five past them. If we are going to take a calculated gamble (Robertson does need a rest now and then) then Newcastle are a decent side to pick for it - it's just the sense of 2 points dropped versus West Brom that has fans worried.

We're better defensively, better going forward and better in midfield. Don't think it will be an "easy" game but I fancy us to win and settle a few nerves.

miller0863
30th December 2020, 04:36 PM
No Lascelles or Saint-Maxima for them, just keep an eye on Callum Wilson

Kev0909
30th December 2020, 04:43 PM
No Lascelles or Saint-Maxima for them, just keep an eye on Callum Wilson

Saint-Maxima was the one i was worried about

Should be straight forward then, but so was wba..

I don't think we'll be that shit again, fully expect a win.

skyebo
30th December 2020, 05:16 PM
Thankfully, Newcastle won't be like WBA as they do attack teams, so it will be a more open game, meaning more chances. We just need to put a few of them away.

justme
30th December 2020, 05:23 PM
We will get most of the ball. its up to us to make more clear chances and take them..

skyebo
30th December 2020, 05:27 PM
I remember Steve Nicol getting a hat trick there once. It was shown live which was a rarity back then.

justme
30th December 2020, 05:57 PM
I like listening to Steve Nicol on Espn.. I actually like most of their pundits..

faridtoxteth
30th December 2020, 06:22 PM
I like listening to Steve Nicol on Espn.. I actually like most of their pundits..

I stood on the kop once and watched that scottish chelsea player, (whats his name again? the one with no teeth), watched him score a great header kop end. unfortunately for him he was supposed to be defending that end. Happy days.

miller0863
30th December 2020, 06:27 PM
Newcastle are without

Dubravka M.(Calf Injury)
Fraser R.(Groin Injury)
Lascelles J.(Illness)
Saint-Maximin A.(Calf Injury)

And probably out

Dummett
Hendrick
Shelvey

faridtoxteth
30th December 2020, 06:32 PM
Why did Jonjo Shelvey never make it at the very top? He had so much potential. Was it an attitude problem?. i always liked him. Scored for swansea against us i remember and the kop applauded him. Also he told Alex Ferguson to fuck off to his face. (Later he ''apologised')

justme
30th December 2020, 06:40 PM
I stood on the kop once and watched that scottish chelsea player, (whats his name again? the one with no teeth), watched him score a great header kop end. unfortunately for him he was supposed to be defending that end. Happy days.
One with no teeth? that was most of them back then:) baldies and toothless

miller0863
30th December 2020, 06:41 PM
And that was the youth team

justme
30th December 2020, 06:42 PM
Oh you mean Craig Burley?? yeah hes ok has a pundit as well (in my opinion) .. Shaka Hislop is great too.

Kev0909
30th December 2020, 06:47 PM
Newcastle are without

Dubravka M.(Calf Injury)
Fraser R.(Groin Injury)
Lascelles J.(Illness)
Saint-Maximin A.(Calf Injury)

And probably out

Dummett
Hendrick
Shelvey

Very confident tonight

we'll bounce back, I'd take a 1-0 win with no injury's tbh

skyebo
30th December 2020, 06:51 PM
Why did Jonjo Shelvey never make it at the very top? He had so much potential. Was it an attitude problem?. i always liked him. Scored for swansea against us i remember and the kop applauded him. Also he told Alex Ferguson to fuck off to his face. (Later he ''apologised')

Too many cards probably.

miller0863
30th December 2020, 08:02 PM
Newcastle

26Darlow
2Clark
18Fernández
5Schär
22Yedlin
4M Longstaff
14Hayden
11Ritchie
9Joelinton
13C Wilson
23Murphy

Substitutes
1Dubravka
7Carroll
8Shelvey
12Gayle
15Lewis
16Hendrick
17Krafth
24Almirón
36S Longstaff

miller0863
30th December 2020, 08:03 PM
Thiago makes the bench

Liverpool

1 Alisson
66 Alexander-Arnold
47 Phillips
3 Fabinho
26 Robertson
17 Jones
14 Henderson
7 Milner
11 Salah
9 Firmino
10 Mané

Substitutes
5Wijnaldum
6Thiago Alcántara
15Oxlade-Chamberlain
18Minamino
23Shaqiri
27Origi
46R Williams
62Kelleher
76N Williams

Balinkay
30th December 2020, 08:03 PM
https://scontent-muc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/133958016_10160069455552573_926472442817078445_o.j pg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=v0Gslhirnz4AX9gwhV-&_nc_ht=scontent-muc2-1.xx&oh=3994d4a23f1da453eeef857561aaa3d8&oe=60111E8C

justincredible
30th December 2020, 08:04 PM
Liverpool

1Alisson
66Alexander-Arnold
47Phillips
3Fabinho
26Robertson
17Jones
14Henderson
7Milner
11Salah
9Firmino
10Mané

Substitutes
5Wijnaldum
6Thiago Alcántara
15Oxlade-Chamberlain
18Minamino
23Shaqiri
27Origi
46R Williams
62Kelleher
76N Williams

That bench is getting tasty.

Nineteenx
30th December 2020, 08:08 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

Jones Henderson Milner

Salah Firmino Mane

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's be as good as we can possibly be here tonight, mix it up and use everything we know and have learned over the past 3 seasons, keep the intensity throughout and move the ball quickly and play our switches throughout and most of all be clinical with our opportunities to create chances and in finishing them throughout. Get the win here tonight and another vital 3 points

miller0863
30th December 2020, 08:08 PM
Yep, add Jota into the mix and it really would

Nineteenx
30th December 2020, 08:10 PM

Fucking hell yes it is, Thiago back, Oxlade back, Jota not long away, just need a CB this window and we're getting near to full strength

Insidious
30th December 2020, 08:14 PM

It very much is.

We're not far away from the second half of the season and I firmly believe we'll pick up as we'll have most (centre-back situation aside) back - even if we hit another injury rough patch you'd feel we're better prepared for it now mentally as a few of the squad/kids have come in and been fine.

LEGS
30th December 2020, 08:18 PM
Must just be me not feeling confident about the game tonight, not sure why !

Kev0909
30th December 2020, 08:22 PM
Guess ox isn't 100% yet

good to see our crook's on the bench

Missing keita though

Nineteenx
30th December 2020, 08:22 PM
Must just be me not feeling confident about the game tonight, not sure why !

Well, for the first time my lucky red hoody let me down v WBA, so I've opted for a change tonight and am wearing my new Champions 19/20 hoody for tonights game

Kev0909
30th December 2020, 08:25 PM
Joelinton is starting for newcastle, god now i'm worried

LEGS
30th December 2020, 08:27 PM
Well, for the first time my lucky red hoody let me down v WBA, so I've opted for a change tonight and am wearing my new Champions 19/20 hoody for tonights game

Lets hope it is the new lucky hoodie mate !

miller0863
30th December 2020, 08:27 PM
It’s probably because apart from Man City away we have only dropped points to the weaker sides Legs, Fulham, WBA, Brighton, Everton..all absolute shite.

Nineteenx
30th December 2020, 08:34 PM
It’s probably because apart from Man City away we have only dropped points to the weaker sides Legs, Fulham, WBA, Brighton, Everton..all absolute shite.

That we were robbed by VAR in 3 of those illustrates the importance of being clinical, putting our chances away and not giving those bent bastards in the VAR hub anything to work with

Nineteenx
30th December 2020, 08:36 PM
Any good streams, I've got one but it isn't working yet, it was listed by 710 though, when they aren't usually and don't actually come online until about 10 minutes before KO, so maybe it's just not started yet

miller0863
30th December 2020, 08:38 PM
Wilson starting for them is a concern, he’s decent. City were fortunate he didn’t play against them.

Kev0909
30th December 2020, 08:42 PM
Wilson starting for them is a concern, he’s decent. City were fortunate he didn’t play against them.

about the only player that is, we have 11 decent ones ;)

miller0863
30th December 2020, 08:48 PM
And Fab filling in at CB alongside a lad whose played a handful of games. Wilson will be looking forward to this one. We get our high line wrong and he will get in.

We need to score 2 or 3 to stop these 1-1 draws hurting us.

Kev0909
30th December 2020, 11:52 PM
Saint-Maxima was the one i was worried about

Should be straight forward then, but so was wba..

I don't think we'll be that shit again, fully expect a win.

Ok every time I be positive, we fucking draw like against WBA

Fuck the lot of you, we're losing every game from now on

No more positive vibes

we're shit

when I was negative we won 7-0