No Salah are you mental ?!

obviously needs a rest

Nineteenx
30th December 2020, 11:25 PM
Alisson

Trent R.Williams Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Let's play the Hendo Thiago and Gini midfield, obviously all 3 rotating through the positions and give the tried and trusted front 3 an actual chance with that midfield 3 supporting thme and the extra creativity of Thiago and see how we go, I be more tempted to hook Trent and play Millie at RB, at least Bobby got himself in the position to score and teed up a couple of great chances for Mo in tonight's kind of game, and yes Bobby does get crowded out in games like tonights a lot, but Southampton play a different way.

Trent's been well WELL below his usual standards for all this season so far

justme
30th December 2020, 11:26 PM
Ok ive clamed down now.. Get rid of Firmino. Play Salah central. Mane on the right.. Minamino of the left and 3 of Thiago, Henderson and Wijnaldum..

Insidious
30th December 2020, 11:35 PM
Ok ive clamed down now..

Don't be so shellfish :lol:

miller0863
30th December 2020, 11:35 PM
We need a shake up that’s plain obvious

justme
30th December 2020, 11:36 PM
Don't be so shellfish :lol:

Reminds me of a joke!! man goes to have medical check up.. And the dr says have you ever had crabs?? and he says no i dont like sea-fish.

Kev0909
30th December 2020, 11:37 PM
We need a shake up that’s plain obvious

We need to just fucking go for it for once, fuck this shit we have a good break afterwards

I want the most creaitive players playing, I want us to attack, shake it up bigtime and lets fucking give em a good bumming

Insidious
30th December 2020, 11:54 PM
I want the most creaitive players playing, I want us to attack, shake it up bigtime and lets fucking give em a good bumming

For one game (not sure which game, but at some point) - ONE game as a trial, I want to see all (and I do mean ALL) of our players who like a dribble or a give-and-go. If we lose 6-0 we can at least say we tried.

..........................Thiago

..................Ox...............Keita

.....Shaqiri.......Minamino.....Jota

Something like that. Just for the sheer "awww feck it" of it - obviously can't against Southampton as Jota is out, but at some stage I'd love the utter lunacy of it.

skyebo
31st December 2020, 12:49 AM
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Phillips
Fabinho
Robertson
Henderson
Thiago
Wijnaldum
Salah
Firmino
Mane

miller0863
31st December 2020, 12:53 AM
Jesus mate, you really want to see Phillips again after tonight?
Williams was at least comfortable on the ball. They’re as good as each other in the air but unfortunately both run in treacle.
Over all I’d say Williams is the better of the two.

Kev0909
31st December 2020, 12:54 AM
Williams was at least comfortable on the ball. They’re as good as each other in the air but unfortunately both run in treacle.

Honestly why was he dropped quick as shit over west brom game?? he doesn't do that with others he plays the same players if they've been shite week in week out

way to ruin young lads confidence, gutted for him

LEGS
31st December 2020, 12:59 AM
Honestly why was he dropped quick as shit over west brom game?? he doesn't do that with others he plays the same players if they've been shite week in week out

way to ruin young lads confidence, gutted for him

Only thing i can think is he doesnt want to play Rhys too much.

He played him against Spurs but then left him out at Palace granted Matip was back.

skyebo
31st December 2020, 01:03 AM

If Williams would have started tonight, i would have picked him again at Southampton. It's bad enough with all the injuries, but keeping swapping the fit ones i don't think helps anybody. Fabinho needs a regular partner. I didn't see the game but i don't think there is much between Williams and Phillips, both will make mistakes because they are inexperienced. Both should benefit from playing alongside Fabinho if given time.

miller0863
31st December 2020, 01:04 AM
Agree we shouldn’t chop and change, so having looked at both I’d say let’s stick with Williams.

skyebo
31st December 2020, 01:11 AM
Agree we shouldn’t chop and change, so having looked at both I’d say let’s stick with Williams.

Fair enough.

HLOGI
31st December 2020, 01:12 AM

But he is slow asf. But a good defender but slow. Dont think he makes it here long term because if his pace. But he can defend solid.

RedNoodle
31st December 2020, 01:17 AM
Alisson

Legs* Insidious Fabinho Robertson

Henderson

Thiago Nineteenx

Justme Kev0909 Mane

*He can use them to get up and down the pitch

miller0863
31st December 2020, 01:18 AM
Both of them are too slow to make it here but he can do a job for us while we are short. Good in the air and decent on the ball, pity about the lack of pace.
Two out of three ain’t bad ....as someone once said

miller0863
And why have I been dropped boss ???

justme
Put legs in midfield :D :D

justme
31st December 2020, 01:19 AM
Your old :)

RedNoodle
31st December 2020, 01:19 AM

I actually did put you in the team, but I thought you might comment on your 'numerical superiority' compared to a few others. :o

Edit: I sometimes try to be a bit more tactful than other people. Especially when it comes to those I like/respect.

miller0863
31st December 2020, 01:21 AM
Officially sulking to camera on the bench... shaking my head every time a pass goes astray.

RedNoodle
31st December 2020, 01:23 AM
Officially sulking to camera on the bench... shaking my head every time a pass goes astray.

It's ok. The way my health is Klopp will be in charge, so he'll likely bring you on in the 91st minute.

Kev0909
Don't worry lads, I'll bellyflop the ball in, probably score with some of the chances we miss

Nailed on win.

Don't expect me to track back though, I've had too much food lately

justme
Comeback next week, theres walking football :D nah seriously you can take my spot.. I've retired..50 games no goals and no assists.
And no I'd not Stuart Downing

Balinkay
31st December 2020, 01:28 AM
On what planet am I not starting???

RedNoodle
31st December 2020, 01:33 AM
On what planet am I not starting???

This one i.e. Earth.

miller0863
31st December 2020, 01:43 AM
Hahaha

dicko1969
31st December 2020, 01:53 AM
............ Dicko......

Dicko Dicko Dicko Dicko

Dicko Dicko Dicko

Dicko Dicko Dicko

Subs

Undecided as of now

miller0863
31st December 2020, 02:00 AM
Dicko?

dicko1969
31st December 2020, 02:01 AM
Undecided
Need to wait for a fitness test .

RedNoodle
31st December 2020, 02:03 AM
............ Dicko......

Dicko Dicko Dicko Dicko

Dicko Dicko Dicko

Dicko Dicko Dicko

Subs

Undecided as of now

I'm not to sure about that team. They've all spent too much time playing/living in a farmers league/country. ;)

CCTV
31st December 2020, 04:36 AM
How would you line your 2-3-1 up CC?

Eh, 2 6s and a 3 behind a solitary cf.

CCTV
31st December 2020, 04:42 AM

Tweeting a journo about wanting to play for real Madrid and how you felt snubbed not to captain the side in a recent cl fixture :D
Well take your fookin chances when ya get them ;)

Kev0909
31st December 2020, 01:39 PM
Interesting to see most people want to start trent still, not that we've got much for backup mind

Think neco should have a chance personally

Trent's been one of the worst players, don't know what's up with him.

justme
31st December 2020, 02:14 PM
I dont think hes 100% overcome the calf issue mentally.. His final ball seems to be lacking quality at the moment.Maybe hes just unsure of putting full weight into the crosses and shots.he'll get there with a few games under his belt.

teesred
31st December 2020, 02:53 PM
Interesting to see most people want to start trent still, not that we've got much for backup mind

Think neco should have a chance personally

Trent's been one of the worst players, don't know what's up with him.

Agree. He's been poor for a while, it won't happen but I'd like to see Neco given a chance, he redeemed himself the last few times he was on. Then again a few of us wanted Phillips to start and he wasn't great last night especially first half.
Not sure Thiago will start. Kid gloves treatment required with him.
Hopefully Saints will try and play, it will be a better game for us if they do.

LEGS
31st December 2020, 03:04 PM
Alisson
Trent
Robbo
Fabinho
Williams
Gini
Hendo
Thiago
Mane
Salah
Firmino

dicko1969
1st January 2021, 07:15 AM
I'm not to sure about that team. They've all spent too much time playing/living in a farmers league/country. ;)

Now getting really cultured living in THE land of football !

Nineteenx
1st January 2021, 09:39 AM
Just play as many of our best 11 from when we were the best we've ever been under Jurgen a start with the extra quality and creativity of Thiago in the midfield 3 with Hendo and Gini, not rocket science

You don't find form continually changing things everytime things don't go exactly as you hope, when the reason you lost form was through having to make changes to a group you know can deliver consistently and who have proved that, you surely play as many of that group as possible with Thiago as the third mid as no-one ever nailed that spot or had his quality

ianlfc
3rd January 2021, 03:19 PM
One things for sure the players can't complain of being tired. We've had it easy over the break, maybe that's been the problem.

miller0863
3rd January 2021, 03:28 PM
We don’t seem to benefit from longer breaks, it seems to break our rhythm

Steveo
3rd January 2021, 03:41 PM
So game congestion benefitted us.. Darn it Jurgen - next time keep it zipped. :D

Either way the Foxes Maddison has got boots the colour of Pepto Bismol

justme
3rd January 2021, 03:44 PM
I didnt think the attitude was great in the second half against West-Brom and the first half against Newcastle there seem to be a lull
Be interesting to see how we are tomorrow evening

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 04:03 PM
We don’t seem to benefit from longer breaks, it seems to break our rhythm

Think that got broke after the 7-0 win somehow mate

can't get any worse

miller0863
3rd January 2021, 04:44 PM
We had an 8 day break before West Brom (or Newcastle) that went well

stevie harkness
3rd January 2021, 05:11 PM
Our results after a break or after a 5+ to nil goal fest are disappointing.

ianlfc
3rd January 2021, 08:15 PM
not us but the Southampton goalkeeper Alex Mccarthy will miss the game with Covid.

ianlfc
3rd January 2021, 08:17 PM
Their sub keeper is Fraser Forster.

Balinkay
3rd January 2021, 09:07 PM
Cue him having the game of his life against us! Again... :D

Steveo
4th January 2021, 10:25 AM
Cue him having the game of his life against us! Again... :D

Yep - we do seem to be turning many an ordinary keeper into Lev -bloomin- Yashin...!

reddownunder
4th January 2021, 10:29 AM
Forster hasn't had a game in 10 months by the look of it. Hopefully he will be a bit rusty

Balinkay
4th January 2021, 10:40 AM
Yep - we do seem to be turning many an ordinary keeper into Lev -bloomin- Yashin...!

We used to do that all the time. I'm not so sure that's been the case recently - ok, the Newcastle goalie sure, but the I don't remember us often hammering shot after shot at the goalies of teams against which we've dropped points this year.

Kev0909
4th January 2021, 05:01 PM
Southampton missing Vestergaard and Redmond too, got there own injury problems

Should win but I said the same about wba and fulham

Kev0909
4th January 2021, 08:01 PM
playing with 5 cms tonight

Allison
trent
fab
Hendo
Robbo

Thiag
ox
wij

salah
firmino
mane

thiago and ox starting makes me happy

miller0863
4th January 2021, 08:03 PM
Danny Ings likes this #forgetthehighline

southernboy
4th January 2021, 08:05 PM
Still no Keita in the squad

stevie harkness
4th January 2021, 08:07 PM
We've got more defenders on the bench than on the pitch.

miller0863
4th January 2021, 08:07 PM
Two very attacking full backs and two midfielders as the back four.
Clean sheet anyone?

justme
4th January 2021, 08:08 PM
Firmino needs a good game along with TAA they both been poor for a while. (except for the palace game with Bobby)

Kev0909
4th January 2021, 08:09 PM
at home i'd expect us to control the game so wouldn't really matter with henderson and Fab

away not so sure, hopefully it turns out ok

I'd be happily amazed if Thiago and ox last 90, so henderson will be in midfield at some point

probably 10 mins gone

miller0863
4th January 2021, 08:11 PM
Hoping Trent and Ox don’t get careless with the ball, Wij doesn’t go missing, the back four don’t rely on keeping a high line and the front 3 don’t miss a hatful of chances.

That is all.

Balinkay
4th January 2021, 08:11 PM
Klopp flipping FSG the bird to show them he needs a CB?

stevie harkness
4th January 2021, 08:13 PM
Go all out, get to 3-0 up then bring on Phillips and Williams to shore things up, simple.

Nineteenx
4th January 2021, 08:13 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

Trent Henderson Fabinho Robertson

Oxlade Thiago Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Good line up, would have preferred Hendo at CM and Rhys Williams starting at CB as I always believe the best way to protect our defence is to have Hendo and Gini plus one other at RCM in our midfield, desperate to see Hendo, Gini and Thiago in midfield with the 3 rotating as they did at their best in that run of fifteen back to back wins last season.

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, let's be as good as we can possibly be tonight, start the new year with a win and another vital 3 points and then put together a long run of back to back wins together

faridtoxteth
4th January 2021, 08:14 PM
Wow that is an interesting team selection. especially mid field. Big night for Ox. think he might work pretty well with Thiago though.

RedNoodle
4th January 2021, 08:14 PM
I had to sort out my medication so I've only just heard about Henderson being used as an emergency CB.

All I've got to say on the matter is:-

Open your chequebook FSG you tight/penny pinching so and so's!!!!!!!!

:mad: x many

Kev0909
4th January 2021, 08:15 PM
Don't worry williams/phillips will be on at some point and henderson to CM

no way will ox or thiago last 90

probably HT

It's like expecting me to run out of a burning building for them to last 90 mins

miller0863
4th January 2021, 08:16 PM
I would have preferred Henderson to be in our strongest possible midfield to keep control of the game. Someone needs to be in Ward-Prowse’s face

Kev0909
4th January 2021, 08:16 PM
I would have preferred Henderson to be in our strongest possible midfield to keep control of the game. Someone needs to be in Ward-Prowse’s face

Don't worry i'm on my way, sending in a drone

Nineteenx
4th January 2021, 08:17 PM
Talking a load of shite on MNF as usual, waffling on about the filthy and Fernandes, they're an average side, they have benefitted more than anyone from other teams injuries and smaller squads in this fixture congestion riddled season and from VAR and that is the only reason they are anywhere near right now

miller0863
4th January 2021, 08:17 PM
And if we were bringing in a CB I would have thought he would be having a medical by now

Nineteenx
4th January 2021, 08:25 PM
Hendo at RCB might be tactical, he might be there to hit the long diagonals we miss so much with Virgil out, especially as that's frequently our out ball against sides that press us and Southampton will press us

LEGS
4th January 2021, 08:27 PM
Jordan Van Djik there is nothing this man cant do !

Being serious we cant carry on with two CMs at CB its pathetic.

Kev0909
4th January 2021, 08:29 PM

We won't

Not with Keita Ox and thiago in midfield- won't be long until henderson has to move back to CM don't worry because we'll nearly run out of midfielders again

Matip should be back for UTD game

but it is matip..... so who knows?

Nineteenx
4th January 2021, 08:38 PM

I wouldn't play him at CB, I can only assume it is to hit the long diagonals, we have really missed those with Virgil out, all these people talking about our playing more like UAE FC moving forward, for me that would be a huge mistake, we do need and want more ability to play through sides, but moving forward a mixture of that and our really direct play is the winning formula for me, after 2 or 3 seasons of tappy tappy teams work out how to defend it and hit you with the direct stuff, some saying people have worked us out with how we played the last 2 seasons this season, which for me is absolute bollocks, as because of injuries and rotation we're not and haven't played like we did in the last 2 seasons.

Teams tried to do what they have done to get draws this season in the last 2 seasons, the difference was our consistency of selection and formation and all the incredibly strong relationships and understandings that came with it, teams knew what to expect, but were helpless to stop it

LEGS
4th January 2021, 08:41 PM
I think Hendo is playing CB for two reason.

One his ability on the ball as he is a CM and second he can run the last two games must have scared Klopp.

Its not somerhing im comfortable with but it is what it is.

If Matip isnt back for Utd we are going to be in for a rough time.

miller0863
4th January 2021, 08:46 PM
We won’t want to be facing too many corners and free kicks swing into our box, there’s no one to win a header.

teesred
4th January 2021, 08:48 PM
Talking a load of shite on MNF as usual, waffling on about the filthy and Fernandes, they're an average side, they have benefitted more than anyone from other teams injuries and smaller squads in this fixture congestion riddled season and from VAR and that is the only reason they are anywhere near right now

Flip flop Neville getting excited again. Let them crack on.

RedNoodle
4th January 2021, 08:49 PM

To be fair to Fernandes he's been great for them. Currently if you gave me a choice of him or KDB, I'd take the former.

RedNoodle
4th January 2021, 08:50 PM
We won’t want to be facing too many corners and free kicks swing into our box, there’s no one to win a header.

The only way it could be worse is If I was playing at CB for us.

Nineteenx
4th January 2021, 08:50 PM
I think Hendo is playing CB for two reason.

One his ability on the ball as he is a CM and second he can run the last two games must have scared Klopp.

Its not somerhing im comfortable with but it is what it is.

If Matip isnt back for Utd we are going to be in for a rough time.

I'm not worried at all about the game against the filthy, I'd play all the youngsters in the FA nothing cup v Villa, prepare the best 11 thoroughly for the game v the filthy and work on the switches, centre to left or right, back to the centre immediately to the other opposite side and get that Mane, Robbo, Gini triangle around Wan Bissaka.

Wan Bissaka is the best RB in the league ta one v ones, BUT, as soon as he has a triangle around him with players passing it between them not allowing him to face a player up one v one he's all over the place

Look at the second Leipzig game v the filthy, quick switches as describe just completely destroyed them, Leipzig looked like scoring everytime they went forward, centre to right or left, back to the centre, immediate switch to the opposite flank and they were in every time

Insidious
4th January 2021, 08:53 PM
Two very attacking full backs and two midfielders as the back four.
Clean sheet anyone?

Will be boss if we do!