PDA

View Full Version : Post your thoughts (2021 Edition)

Pages : [1] 2

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 01:11 AM
Only a few minutes into 2021 and I can already tell that it's going to be as ****, if not more so than the year(s) that preceded it.

Kev0909
1st January 2021, 11:19 AM
Only a few minutes into 2021 and I can already tell that it's going to be as ****, if not more so than the year(s) that preceded it.

because it's the same shit different day

I'll only be happy when this fucking wank shit fucks off

Happy new year they say, why cus i'm in fucking tier 4 and can't do shit still anyway?

very happy

roll on 2022

CCTV
2nd January 2021, 04:32 AM

Regarding a reply of yours to Sid in the football forum , let it be said you still have your wit about you :)

I'm glad I wasn't drinking tea, ;)

RedNoodle
2nd January 2021, 07:04 AM
Regarding a reply of yours to Sid in the football forum , let it be said you still have your wit about you :)

I'm glad I wasn't drinking tea, ;)

What post/reply was it? I try to be funny/humourous from time to time, and contrary to popular belief one of my favourite things to do is laugh, but I don't often manage the first, and the latter (sadly) has become increasingly rare as each day has passed over the years.

CCTV
2nd January 2021, 02:37 PM
What post/reply was it? I try to be funny/humourous from time to time, and contrary to popular belief one of my favourite things to do is laugh, but I don't often manage the first, and the latter (sadly) has become increasingly rare as each day has passed over the years.

Sid was talking bout the manu v bitters game...
"What happens when the nonexistent bumps against the decrepit?"

You replied... It means I've not been paying attention and I've walked into the full length mirror again

Kev0909
12th January 2021, 01:01 PM
Not had any sleep for 2+ days even though i'm tired as fuck, just lie there with body just not wanting to shut off????

Never had a problem before

fucking aids

CCTV
12th January 2021, 07:27 PM
Not had any sleep for 2+ days even though i'm tired as fuck, just lie there with body just not wanting to shut off????

Never had a problem before

fucking aids

After the last 2 years and a bit of reading I now put sleep ahead of both diet and exercise.
A tip given is to get up if youre restless in bed, then do some cleaning task or sorting task and that can help getting to sleep. Few breathing techniques too.
But if it's really off, it's not likely to do a lot for you.

Kev0909
13th January 2021, 12:32 AM
After the last 2 years and a bit of reading I now put sleep ahead of both diet and exercise.
A tip given is to get up if youre restless in bed, then do some cleaning task or sorting task and that can help getting to sleep. Few breathing techniques too.
But if it's really off, it's not likely to do a lot for you.

Yep tried counting sheep and all sorts, 3rd night given in will try again at 3-4am or something and hopefully sleep all day

redebreck
13th January 2021, 06:14 PM
Yep tried counting sheep and all sorts, 3rd night given in will try again at 3-4am or something and hopefully sleep all day

Watching tv/similar can stimulate the brain, so switch off all items. Might help. Good luck. Try reading something boring?
(online forum) :)

Kev0909
13th January 2021, 10:57 PM
Managed a few hours last night, and had a weird dream.... same as the night before to be honest

Considering i've had 3 hours sleep roughly in about 4 days i'm not doing to bad...

I just don't understand it, i've never had a problem, nothing has changed in my life at all, recently it's very strange, hopefully tonights the night getting a dirty takeaway, going to watch some stuff then switch off, and hopefully sleep until the noon or something, i wouldn't mind sleeping all day to be honest.

ianlfc
13th January 2021, 11:03 PM
Managed a few hours last night, and had a weird dream.... same as the night before to be honest

Considering i've had 3 hours sleep roughly in about 4 days i'm not doing to bad...

I just don't understand it, i've never had a problem, nothing has changed in my life at all, recently it's very strange, hopefully tonights the night getting a dirty takeaway, going to watch some stuff then switch off, and hopefully sleep until the noon or something, i wouldn't mind sleeping all day to be honest.

A hard days work would sort you out 🤣🤣

Kev0909
14th January 2021, 12:23 AM
A hard days work would sort you out ����

I'll leave that for you ;)

I'm being covid-secure you know? ;)

At least i'd probably sleep if I caught that..... ok not thing to joke about..

RedNoodle
14th January 2021, 12:33 AM
I'll leave that for you ;)

I'm being covid-secure you know? ;)

At least i'd probably sleep if I caught that..... ok not thing to joke about..

Well that takes care of the last ten months. What about the other 10-20 years? ;)

P.S. I know how bad/serious sleep issues can be. A few years back I went FIVE days without sleep, which had/has serious implications when it comes to at least six of my conditions, including the rarest/most debilitating, and one of the most dangerous mobility/life threatening.

Kev0909
14th January 2021, 12:57 AM
Yeah that must of sucked bigtime..

I'm lucky in a way I guess, but I just want to do the most natural thing a person can do, apart from going the toilet.... it's all I ask for...

It's amazing how much it effects you, i had plans to do things this week but instead i'm here moaning hardly being able to keep my eyes open / concentrate, yet I still can't sleep, how is that possible?

Like I said this was suddenly aswell started 4 nights ago for no apparent reason?!?!

Can't even play games without smashing my keyboard because i'm shit due to reaction speed, all i want to do is eat and sleep (the later part I can't!!)..... fed up

RedNoodle
14th January 2021, 01:15 AM
I know what you mean about just wanting to do 'natural' things. Unfortunately I have issues with every single one of them.

The reason you might not be able to sleep could be for numerous reasons. Once you start not being able to sleep you can end up trying to force the issue, which just makes things worse. If you are not comfortable/are in pain it can make getting to sleep a nightmare, and then you have any kind of mental health issues such as anxiety, which can provide a whole new level of hell.

What you could try is a combination of a walk, followed by a hot bath/shower, a couple of painkillers, and then into a 'cool' bed whilst listening to something soothing or 'unexciting' e.g. a podcast or YouTube video about quantum mechanics. It doesn't always work (I can't doing the walking bit or have a bath) but it's worth a shot.

As for the games and your reaction speed, I know exactly what you are on about. I have a similar issue. One of my medications does the same to me and infuriates me as a game I play (one where I am number one in the world) requires you to do things (notably one particular level) in a certain time, and this loss of reaction speed/cognitive functioning ends up with me repeatedly starting this one level over and over again.

philfatkid
14th January 2021, 10:56 AM
I'm in the process of deleting friends and family, who are no longer with us, from my contacts on my phone, it's one of the saddest things i've ever done. :(

Balinkay
14th January 2021, 11:18 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that, phil. It must be awful. But stay strong and remember the good times!

philfatkid
14th January 2021, 11:26 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that, phil. It must be awful. But stay strong and remember the good times!

Do know what mate, my Dad died last year, he was 85 and my mum died the year before, she was 84, in a way I'm glad they're not around to live through this pandemic, i really don't think they would have coped with it.

Balinkay
14th January 2021, 12:28 PM
That's a good point - not a great time to in a risk group.

Kev0909
2nd February 2021, 05:27 PM
Interesting "LFC online" has like 200k+ members in group on facebook.

Insidious
6th February 2021, 09:47 AM
Not the most savvy Mobile user - I've somehow made the page tiny to view? I can zoom in of course but don't want to have to do that every time.

Tips?

ianlfc
6th February 2021, 02:11 PM
Not the most savvy Mobile user - I've somehow made the page tiny to view? I can zoom in of course but don't want to have to do that every time.

Tips?

You've maybe went on full site. Near the top of the page press mobile, to get mobile version.

Kev0909
6th February 2021, 02:30 PM

Tips?

It's ok sid, you're just getting old

Kev0909
8th February 2021, 01:23 AM
Why do people care about american football once a year all of a sudden?

reddownunder
8th February 2021, 12:26 PM
Why do people care about american football once a year all of a sudden?

Never watched a game in my life. The few snippets I've seen look painfully boring

redebreck
9th February 2021, 08:51 PM
Interesting "LFC online" has like 200k+ members in group on facebook.

Nah, must be something else

Steveo
10th February 2021, 01:42 PM
Just found out Jurgen’s mum passed away on January 19th and he has t been allowed to attend the funeral due to Covid restrictions.

This might explain why he has looked so off colour for months.

Sometimes we forget that our idols are humans. They have lives of their own.

RedNoodle
10th February 2021, 03:44 PM
I'm due for my first injection this Friday. I can see something going awry. No matter what, I always seem to make the wrong decision and/or Murphy lays down his law upon me.

scientificred
11th February 2021, 01:52 PM
I'm due for my first injection this Friday. I can see something going awry. No matter what, I always seem to make the wrong decision and/or Murphy lays down his law upon me.
I'm sure it will be ok Noods.
Don't worry!

RedNoodle
11th February 2021, 03:23 PM
I'm sure it will be ok Noods.
Don't worry!

If only I could believe that/think that way.

justme
11th February 2021, 03:25 PM
Don't have it then

RedNoodle
11th February 2021, 08:15 PM
Don't have it then

If only life was that simple. Maybe it is for most people, but then again most people aren't medically unique and living with others who all fall into one or both of the most vulnerable categories themselves.

justme
11th February 2021, 09:09 PM
The Vaccine saves against Covid.if no one wants to have it and they get unwell.Its their choice.

RedNoodle
12th February 2021, 06:22 PM
I've just got back after having my first Covid vaccine injection, and it just confirmed to me what I already know i.e. a) I am an unlucky s.o.b who was destined to suffer from the moment I was conceived right up to the moment fate, the universe or whatever decides to put me out of my misery, and b) My borough, city, country, and the planet in general is going to hell in a hand cart, and that whenever in the not so distant future I actually am put out of my misery, I don't think the rest of the planet as a whole is going to be too far behind.

RedNoodle
12th February 2021, 06:26 PM
The Vaccine saves against Covid.if no one wants to have it and they get unwell.Its their choice.

Not all the vaccines are guaranteed to do such a thing in regards to all the different current/known about variants of Covid. It's just pot luck which type of vaccine you get, with the one I received being less effective against the South African variant.

CCTV
12th February 2021, 07:59 PM
Not all the vaccines are guaranteed to do such a thing in regards to all the different current/known about variants of Covid. It's just pot luck which type of vaccine you get, with the one I received being less effective against the South African variant.

Is that the older fashioned one or the newer tech one ?

RedNoodle
12th February 2021, 08:05 PM
Is that the older fashioned one or the newer tech one ?

What do you mean 'old fashioned one'? Two are currently being used.

justme
12th February 2021, 08:40 PM
Well when they tweak the vaccine in time. it will help with the other variants and mutations ..The vaccine seems to be working. thank goodness we have intelligence to help combat pandemics in the 21st century. (its not perfect) and theres still a long way to go. but we are getting there.

stevie harkness
12th February 2021, 09:43 PM
Yeah still a long way to go. They dropped a big hint when they created a position called Vaccines Minister.

RedNoodle
13th February 2021, 12:32 PM
I am in sooo much ****ing pain. :(

CCTV
16th February 2021, 05:53 AM
What do you mean 'old fashioned one'? Two are currently being used.

Believe there are 2 basic types. 1 a traditional vaccine as per norm, the other a new tech vaccine - probably butcher the specifics but a mrna vaccine.

RedNoodle
16th February 2021, 02:49 PM
Believe there are 2 basic types. 1 a traditional vaccine as per norm, the other a new tech vaccine - probably butcher the specifics but a mrna vaccine.

I got the traditional/less effective one.

To be honest my health (which is horrific anyway) is currently deteriorating at an even faster rate of knots, so it may have been in my best interests to have not gotten the vaccine, and to haven given it to someone else.

CCTV
16th February 2021, 04:29 PM
I got the traditional/less effective one.

To be honest my health (which is horrific anyway) is currently deteriorating at an even faster rate of knots, so it may have been in my best interests to have not gotten the vaccine, and to haven given it to someone else.

I know people who've been given the newer one and all of them had some impact from taking it.
Hope you didn't get hit for 6 afterwards :)

RedNoodle
16th February 2021, 05:25 PM
I know people who've been given the newer one and all of them had some impact from taking it.
Hope you didn't get hit for 6 afterwards :)

It caused some extra issues, but those are separate from what I was refering to. Just more stuff I could have done without. It's not even the main dose either. You get a larger second dose.

CCTV
17th February 2021, 09:16 PM
Is there Bali-boydy out there ?

stevie harkness
19th February 2021, 09:19 AM
Balinkay hasn't been on for a couple of weeks...

RedNoodle
20th February 2021, 08:09 PM
My already horrific health issues have taken another serious nose dive/turn for the worse. I'm really not sure how much longer things can continue this way.

On top of that everything else is continuing to go pear shaped e.g. my internet (my only connection with the outside world) has gone tits up today.

Why me? Why? Why me? Why? Why me? :sorrow: :grief: :nightmare:

RedNoodle
12th March 2021, 08:06 PM
Darren Bent was just asked a riddle to which the answer was "Nelson" as in "Nelson's Column". When asked "What is his first name?", Darren Bent replied "Sergeant?".

I do despair. No wonder this country (along with the rest of the world) is going to hell in a handcart.

scientificred
12th March 2021, 08:16 PM
Balinkay hasn't been on for a couple of weeks...rr
Seems longer than that - hope he is ok!

ianlfc
12th March 2021, 08:33 PM
rr
Seems longer than that - hope he is ok!

Hopefully he's found himself a nice girl ( or even better, a dirty one ) 🤣🤣

scientificred
12th March 2021, 08:37 PM
Darren Bent was just asked a riddle to which the answer was "Nelson" as in "Nelson's Column". When asked "What is his first name?", Darren Bent replied "Sergeant?".

I do dispair. No wonder this country (along with the rest of the world) is going to hell in a handcart.
'Despair' Noods not 'dispair' ....Really....!

scientificred
12th March 2021, 08:47 PM
Hopefully he's found himself a nice girl ( or even better, a dirty one ) 🤣🤣
Not used the 'search posts' facility before but from those results Balinkay's last post appears to be 3rd Feb and his last activity (is that when he last logged in?) was 24th Feb.
He used to post pretty much every day - sometimes many times a day.

RedNoodle
12th March 2021, 09:02 PM
'Despair' Noods not 'dispair' ....Really....!

Blame the p.poor predictive/corrective text on my phone. It's forever causing me issues, hence why lots of my posts end up being edited. Trust me, I'm not one of these cretins that doesn't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'.

RedNoodle
12th March 2021, 09:16 PM
Hopefully Balinkay is okay.

Kev0909
13th March 2021, 10:47 AM
Hopefully Balinkay is okay.

That's the problem with this forum when someone goes missing sadly you don't know if they've just gone inactive for a bit or something has happened IRL (much like yourself when you vanished) even more so with your problems

Thinking of what to do that's more productive lately instead of video games in my free time, which is a lot atm, i've started doing some fitness :o, thinking of learning a Lauguage perhaps online, try and self-teach much as possible using the interwebs resources, or if anyone has any ideas??

Probably going to try learn some swedish first, yes I know a lot of swedish speak english still, but it's still nice to know some, also one of the "easier" ones to learn I believe, and a old school friend who's from sweden orignally and went back there after few years of uni here, it would be good to visit him on holiday when the time is right as it's been years.. and sweden is beautiful

Decided I can spend more time doing productive things, than "waste life" on video games, now it's just the matter of finding said things to do.

Spent a good amount of time on videos games in the past, there's nothing wrong with it but I feel like I need to live and do more in the real world, and life is wasting away a little just spent on games, afterall- it's just pixels etc it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

ianlfc
13th March 2021, 12:35 PM
Out of curiosity Kev, what age are you ?
Could you not try and get yourself maybe a trade or go on a barbering course? You get any of them you can work anywhere in the world.

Kev0909
13th March 2021, 01:20 PM
Out of curiosity Kev, what age are you ?
Could you not try and get yourself maybe a trade or go on a barbering course? You get any of them you can work anywhere in the world.

28!

And yes but it all costs thousands of pounds now doesn't it?

If only I did something useful at 16-20 :hopelessness::apologetic:

ianlfc
13th March 2021, 02:11 PM
28!

And yes but it all costs thousands of pounds now doesn't it?

If only I did something useful at 16-20 :hopelessness::apologetic:

You're never too old mate,Can you not get subsidised , Especially after your little episode at her majesty's pleasure last year ? It's something you could look into.
Anything is possible if you put your everything into it. Yes you may not make money at the start but at the end of it ( as long as you can do the job ) you could be making anything from £80 to £300 a day.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Kev0909
13th March 2021, 02:20 PM
You're never too old mate,Can you not get subsidised , Especially after your little episode at her majesty's pleasure last year ? It's something you could look into.
Anything is possible if you put your everything into it. Yes you may not make money at the start but at the end of it ( as long as you can do the job ) you could be making anything from £80 to £300 a day.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Cheers yeah, maybe worth a look but I doubt it, the "support" is a load of shite.

My post was mainly about a "hobby" - yes I need to get something sorted eventually job wise- but taking some time out at the moment, got a bit of money to live off for a bit, nothing major like but it'll do for now, hope I can get a full-time warehouse job or something in the future, something along those lines.

Yes a trade is good but it's affording it in first place- and knowing what you want to do exactly, and taking years but obviously better long-term than some dead-end job, which is the only jobs i'll be able to get without it.

ianlfc
13th March 2021, 02:23 PM
Something I've noticed on sites especially over the past couple of years, builders arn't really allowed to burn anything anymore so everything has to be taken away which costs money.
The amount of wooden pallets that comes on site fairly adds up. Get yourself a van and go around the sites and ask them do they want you to take them away for them. You take them , cut them up and sell them on through Facebook as firewood and if you get plenty, sell them to fruit shops.
A mate of mine does this and makes decent money especially in the winter. He now rents out a big shed to store the wood to keep it dry.

scientificred
13th March 2021, 03:26 PM
That's the problem with this forum when someone goes missing sadly you don't know if they've just gone inactive for a bit or something has happened IRL (much like yourself when you vanished) even more so with your problems

Thinking of what to do that's more productive lately instead of video games in my free time, which is a lot atm, i've started doing some fitness :o, thinking of learning a Lauguage perhaps online, try and self-teach much as possible using the interwebs resources, or if anyone has any ideas??

Probably going to try learn some swedish first, yes I know a lot of swedish speak english still, but it's still nice to know some, also one of the "easier" ones to learn I believe, and a old school friend who's from sweden orignally and went back there after few years of uni here, it would be good to visit him on holiday when the time is right as it's been years.. and sweden is beautiful

Decided I can spend more time doing productive things, than "waste life" on video games, now it's just the matter of finding said things to do.

Spent a good amount of time on videos games in the past, there's nothing wrong with it but I feel like I need to live and do more in the real world, and life is wasting away a little just spent on games, afterall- it's just pixels etc it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
DuoLingo is a good free course for learning languages. There is also a premium version called DuoLingo Plus that costs.
Meanwhile here is an introductory lesson in Swedish...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc3M1nppd3c

Kev0909
13th March 2021, 04:29 PM
DuoLingo is a good free course for learning languages. There is also a premium version called DuoLingo Plus that costs.
Meanwhile here is an introductory lesson in Swedish...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc3M1nppd3c

Thanks for that, I've decided to use that and pratice phrases via google translater Swedish voice > english text to make sure I say it right! I didn't notice but if you go over the swedish words it says it in speech so then i copy that into the translater until i get it right

en man och en kvinna a man and a woman is far as i've got so far- that's all I need to know right? ;)

scientificred
13th March 2021, 11:00 PM
Thanks for that, I've decided to use that and pratice phrases via google translater Swedish voice > english text to make sure I say it right! I didn't notice but if you go over the swedish words it says it in speech so then i copy that into the translater until i get it right

en man och en kvinna a man and a woman is far as i've got so far- that's all I need to know right? ;)
Duo Lingo keeps giving you tips as to how best to use it .
You might also now or later like to add something like this which is a new Swedish word every day
https://www.transparent.com/word-of-the-day/today/swedish.html
Plus find yourself a good online dictionary.
And if you can afford it buy a big Swedish- English dictionary
Did you enjoy my link to the 2 Ronnie's Swedish lesson?
Good luck with your learning!

Kev0909
14th March 2021, 10:03 AM
Yes haha, and thank you very helpful much appreciated

I'm actually enjoying it so far, didn't think I would, can be a bit frustrating though, and i Know it'll take ages to get anywhere decent but heyho!

Still better than wasting time on games

who knows, I may even learn another more useful language after, although I know it's going to take forever.

redebreck
18th March 2021, 07:49 AM
Had my first Astra-zenica vaccine last Saturday. Only side-effect (I think!) was it made me tired, slept about five hours.
Anyone else?

Kev0909
18th March 2021, 11:16 AM
Had my first Astra-zenica vaccine last Saturday. Only side-effect (I think!) was it made me tired, slept about five hours.
Anyone else?

Hi I havn't personally, but the rest of my family have, think i'll have mine in a few months or so depending how quick they get to my age group.

Brother- had the same as you was tired after he had the injection (had his before me even though younger due to asthma)
Dad and mum both felt a bit dizzy/hot at night time, but that's about it

RedNoodle
18th March 2021, 11:11 PM
Anyone else?

I had mine a few weeks back. I felt achy for a couple of days, something which may not be that bad for most people. but given my normal medical issues, it was something I could have done without.

Nineteenx
19th March 2021, 06:12 AM
Anyone else?

Had mine on Monday, didn't get any side effects other than feeling overly warm for about an hour and a half, my brother had his the same day and he went pretty rough for a few hours, like anything, they effect everyone differently, after my old man had his second he got a really sore and painful knee, not having done anything to it to make it like that the next day and it lasted for four days

RedNoodle
28th March 2021, 11:28 PM
Danny Kelly is a narcissistic, know-nothing bell end, who some including himself make out is the font of all knowledge and sense when it come to football and music (he loves name dropping and constantly informing everyone that he used to be the editor for NME).

He's currently hosting his weekly "Trans Euro Express" football show. They were talking about Portugal, namely their defence, and Fias and Pepe, whereby Danny Kelly basically said that Pepe isn't all that anymore, to which his guests said "Err Danny, did you not just see his MOTM performance in the CL where his team who were expected to be 'whipping boys' put out the mighty Juventus, led by the mighty Christiano Ronaldo?'.

Then "Vienna" by Ultravox got played as part of Danny Kelly's weekly ego stroking/musical 'homework' (songs with European city names in the title), to which he not only said he doesn't like it (he might have even said it was overrated), but he then showed his profound (lack of) musical knowledge by saying that the song spent many weeks at number one, when in fact it never reached number one in the UK as a result of being at number two for four weeks, with it being behind "Shaddap You Face" by Joe Dolce for three weeks, and behind "Woman" by John Lennon for a week.

All that would have been bad enough, but he then after playing "Barcelona" by Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Caballé, goes on to say "I dislike Freddie Mercury's voice in an extremely visceral way".

Danny Kelly you are a massive d-head who like many has somehow managed to attain a number of prominent, well paying positions despite being less knowledgeable, proficient and prone to talking sense than you and your 'fans' make out.

redebreck
29th March 2021, 09:31 AM
Danny Kelly is a narcissistic, know-nothing bell end, who some including himself make out is the font of all knowledge and sense when it come to football and music (he loves name dropping and constantly informing everyone that he used to be the editor for NME).

He's currently hosting his weekly "Trans Euro Express" football show. They were talking about Portugal, namely their defence, and Fias and Pepe, whereby Danny Kelly basically said that Pepe isn't all that anymore, to which his guests said "Err Danny, did you not just see his MOTM performance in the CL where his team who were expected to be 'whipping boys' put out the mighty Juventus, led by the mighty Christiano Ronaldo?'.

Then "Vienna" by Ultravox got played as part of Danny Kelly's weekly ego stroking/musical 'homework' (songs with European city names in the title), to which he not only said he doesn't like it (he might have even said it was overrated), but he then showed his profound (lack of) musical knowledge by saying that the song spent many weeks at number one, when in fact it never reached number one in the UK as a result of being at number two for four weeks, with it being behind "Shaddap You Face" by Joe Dolce for three weeks, and behind "Woman" by John Lennon for a week.

All that would have been bad enough, but he then after playing "Barcelona" by Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Caballé, goes on to say "I dislike Freddie Mercury's voice in an extremely visceral way".

Danny Kelly you are a massive d-head who like many has somehow managed to attain a number of prominent, well paying positions despite being less knowledgeable, proficient and prone to talking sense than you and your 'fans' make out.

Never heard of him!
Is he related to Lorraine? Sam?

Kev0909
29th March 2021, 10:51 AM
Never heard of him!
Is he related to Lorraine? Sam?

Same haha

One thing is for sure Nood's is not happy with him.

redebreck
29th March 2021, 05:55 PM
Sam Kelly in 'Allo 'Allo

https://youtu.be/8NvBM9n2-Sk

RedNoodle
29th March 2021, 06:10 PM
Same haha

One thing is for sure Nood's is not happy with him.

I've obviously got too much time on my hands/nothing better to do.

Some people just wind me up, especially hypocrites and those who like to blow their own trumpet and hold up their views/opinions to be superior to that of others, but who constantly do and say things which suggest the exact opposite is the case.

Kev0909
30th March 2021, 08:47 PM
Watching the George floyd trial, makes me feel sick, how is he not pleading guilty i'll never know, and putting witnesses, family etc all through that again

Of which some are under 18... had a 9 year old on the stand earlier FFS

Disgusting they had to witness that in the first place

This is america.....

Can't imagine what will happen if he gets found not guilty..

RedNoodle
12th April 2021, 09:21 PM
What is it with people in this country being obsessed with alcohol? After all that has gone on, it seems that a lot of people's main focus/biggest concern now that restrictions have been eased is being able to get out asap and getting wasted. It seems that every tv program, radio station, newspaper, website etc are not only shoehorning the fact that people can (and in some cases should) now go out and drink/get wasted again into almost every topic/conversation, they all tend to make out as if that is big/clever/a good thing.

If people said/did the same about taking drugs, gambling, eating enough to make you morbidly obese etc it would be labeled as being disgusting, and would be clamped down on very swiftly, especially that first one, namely because it doesn't make money for anyone except the dealers.

People will suggest that I'm saying this because I'm not a drinker, but it has nothing to do with that. If I were to do something that wasn't a good thing (including drinking alcohol), I would never condone it, never mind actively encourage it. I've said for a while that there is going to be 'carnage' in the coming weeks and months as restrictions continue to ease and people binge drink and cause aggro even more than they previously were, and everything I've seen and heard in the last few days has me even more convinced that this is going to be the case/

RedNoodle
13th April 2021, 12:06 AM
And as if to prove my point, the 'theme' of the music played on the radio show I'm listening to is "songs about drinking".

The human race is well and truly ****ed.

redebreck
14th April 2021, 09:49 AM
So, Meghan the Meerkat is prepared to "forgive" the Royal Family for the shit storm that SHE created.
How fecking big of her is that?
Publicity - seeking "retired" actress trying to endear herself.
Phhhhhhhhhht.

redebreck
14th April 2021, 09:52 AM
And as if to prove my point, the 'theme' of the music played on the radio show I'm listening to is "songs about drinking".

The human race is well and truly ****ed.

Agree with your views on alcohol, Noods.
I was a binge drinker up until my late 30s/early 40s. Now have type two diabetes because of it.
Reformed character now, mind 😄

RedNoodle
14th April 2021, 10:16 AM
Agree with your views on alcohol, Noods.
I was a binge drinker up until my late 30s/early 40s. Now have type two diabetes because of it.
Reformed character now, mind ��

I'm sorry to hear that. It's unfortunate that so many people have to experience the harm that drinking copious amounts of booze can cause before they realise that it wasn't/isn't a good thing to do or encourage.

ianlfc
15th April 2021, 06:16 PM
Nothing wrong in a good blow out every once in a while plus there's the social aspect to going out and enjoying a drink.

RedNoodle
15th April 2021, 08:24 PM
Nothing wrong in a good blow out every once in a while plus there's the social aspect to going out and enjoying a drink.

Unfortunately those 'blow outs' tend to be a regular occurrence for many in this country, as are the repercussions that arise from them e.g. antisocial behaviour, violence (including the domestic kind), drink driving, serious/life ending health problems etc.

People can be social without copious amounts of booze being involved. If someone said they needed to snort a ton of coke or even eat half a dozen KFC bargain buckets in order to socialise, you'd think they weren't quite right in the head, and that they were someone who should be given a wide berth.

scientificred
21st April 2021, 06:28 PM
That murder of George Floyd.
Nearly 10 minutes of an agonizing death in public and in broad daylight with so many witnesses and by a policeman too and other policemen helping him. And for such a minimal offence.
What on earth was their mindset?
Perhaps some degree of justice today.

ianlfc
21st April 2021, 09:21 PM
That murder of George Floyd.
Nearly 10 minutes of an agonizing death in public and in broad daylight with so many witnesses and by a policeman too and other policemen helping him. And for such a minimal offence.
What on earth was their mindset?
Perhaps some degree of justice today.

He shouldn't of been breaking the law. (Again) Then he wouldn't of been arrested.

Good to see these type of police getting what they deserve. There's plenty who think they're above the law.

RedNoodle
21st April 2021, 10:04 PM
I just turned on the radio to hear that that the massive hypocrite/bell-end that is Lewis Hamilton "has paid tribute to (scumbag) George Floyd".

ianlfc
21st April 2021, 10:27 PM
I just turned on the radio to hear that that the massive hypocrite/bell-end that is Lewis Hamilton "has paid tribute to (scumbag) George Floyd".

Salt of the earth was George.

Kev0909
13th May 2021, 03:58 PM
Here we go again sticks n stones v bombs and bombs

Hamas v Israel

Aka Shamrock rovers, v Man city

Oh and indian variant lolzzz talk of making the lockdown slower now :victorious:

Daffydd
13th May 2021, 07:07 PM
Some scenes reminiscent of Kristallnacht

Kev0909
15th May 2021, 02:19 PM
Israel just destroyed the Al Jazeera press tower in gaza.. wow.....

Kev0909
1st June 2021, 06:09 PM
Made 4 applicaitons yesterday, 2 emails today saying to call for a interview not bad!!

Still a bit scary though, one funny enough is support worker (more to do with younger people with special needs), as i have a friend that works there, other is a chilled warehouse, stuck between what to do, i think the job will be 95% mine either one.

Can barely support myself but it would have much more meaning, than a deadend warehouse thing, but who knows.

Brian Apple
1st June 2021, 08:19 PM
Beans On Toast

CCTV
2nd June 2021, 01:06 AM
Made 4 applicaitons yesterday, 2 emails today saying to call for a interview not bad!!

Still a bit scary though, one funny enough is support worker (more to do with younger people with special needs), as i have a friend that works there, other is a chilled warehouse, stuck between what to do, i think the job will be 95% mine either one.

Can barely support myself but it would have much more meaning, than a deadend warehouse thing, but who knows.

Best of luck on the jobs hunt kev

ianlfc
2nd June 2021, 10:30 AM

Nice one mate. I'd go for the support worker personally. If it works out there will be far more opportunities for you in the future, plus it would look good on your CV.
Best of luck mate.

Kev0909
2nd June 2021, 11:11 AM
Nice one mate. I'd go for the support worker personally. If it works out there will be far more opportunities for you in the future, plus it would look good on your CV.
Best of luck mate.

3 out of 4 now, not bad for a ex-con right,HAHA! gotta ring em all later, argh the nerves.

must be my great tesco picking experience

1 is 12 hour shifts in a chill envioroment 4 days on and off
1 is 8 hours in a warehouse again (Screwfix) so i'd actually be able to live a little on those days, and standard 2 days off unless you do OT
and the other one is care that i'll probably be useless at I mean, i've got experience in "picking" the other jobs have but like you said ian, could be better, i hate decisions i really do.

ianlfc
3rd June 2021, 10:06 PM
3 out of 4 now, not bad for a ex-con right,HAHA! gotta ring em all later, argh the nerves.

must be my great tesco picking experience

1 is 12 hour shifts in a chill envioroment 4 days on and off
1 is 8 hours in a warehouse again (Screwfix) so i'd actually be able to live a little on those days, and standard 2 days off unless you do OT
and the other one is care that i'll probably be useless at I mean, i've got experience in "picking" the other jobs have but like you said ian, could be better, i hate decisions i really do.

It's called growing up mate, It hits us all at different times.
I really hope it works out for you. You deserve a bit of luck.

Kev0909
3rd June 2021, 11:08 PM
It's called growing up mate, It hits us all at different times.
I really hope it works out for you. You deserve a bit of luck.

Thank you! screwfix phone interview tomorrow (for fuck sakes i hate phones)

Culina was just turn up at 2 on tuesday for a interview

I'm pretty confident i'll get one at least- the care one is still to be decided.

scientificred
4th June 2021, 03:44 PM

I'm pretty confident i'll get one at least- the care one is still to be decided.
Good luck Kev0909!

ianlfc
4th June 2021, 04:57 PM

If you take the screwfix job, I want the discount codes !!😂😂

Kev0909
7th June 2021, 07:07 PM
Finally got my first vaccine booked, managed to book it for first thing tomorrow

Yay.

Nineteenx
7th June 2021, 10:10 PM
Not sure about that cricketer lad, obviously what he tweeted was very VERY wrong, but when people are teens they get mixed up with all sorts of people and do all sorts of stupid things, think it's a bit of a stretch banning someone who is most likely a very different more educated person now for something they tweeted 11 years ago

Apart from historical child abuse cases, which I'm still waiting for proper further investigations into re Saville, Hall, Harris and others, as kids don't just end up in their dressing rooms, the production team and other staffers were obviously party to it and knew exactly what was going on, as did very high profile figures like the Queen and Thatcher because there are a great many people who are paid to make sure they know everything about any person who those people let into their social circle. I think there has been a mass cover up of historic child abuse and a deliberate lack of further investigation, very sadly and appallingly because it seems that among celebs in the 70's and 80's it seems very apparent that it was somehow considered 'trendy' and a lot of very high profile people who allowed them into their social group knew and accepted that

Kev0909
8th June 2021, 10:49 AM
Not a bad day first vaccine done, and job induction on the 30th, longer than i'd like but it is what it is.

redebreck
9th June 2021, 12:19 AM
Not a bad day first vaccine done, and job induction on the 30th, longer than i'd like but it is what it is.

Congratulations, kev. Which job have you gone for?

ianlfc
9th June 2021, 10:31 AM

You waited this long, you could've waited until the Euros were over !!
Delighted for you mate, I hope it works out.

teesred
9th June 2021, 12:02 PM

Nice one Kev. Best of luck to you mate.
Did you have Pfizer or AZ? I had Pfizer and was fine afterwards.

Kev0909
9th June 2021, 01:14 PM
Thanks all, I did a positive + and negative list to work it out, I ended up going for the screwfix warehouse thing, they was all full time, but if I want to do overtime there too, you get paid time n a half, plus 8 hour shifts not 12 hours like culina, and more similar to what I did in the past, it's not the most exciting of jobs but something I know i should be able to do fine, and work hard at go home and earn some money, i'm happy because it means I can see my friend in sweden next year, and i've not been on holiday for ages and after everything I can't wait to go abroad, last time was in Cornwall 14 years ago! I guess I went for more of the "safe" option but at this moment it's the best thing for me.

And tees was Pfizer, as i'm under 40 My arm hurt yesterday and aches a little today, but apart from that i've been fine, had a weird dream that involved pens killing me though.

Still shocked I managed to book it the day before, and the place is only 5-10 mins away from me walking, my dr's wanted me to go to a place on the 16th of june 6 miles away... (they text me)..

Insidious
10th June 2021, 09:52 PM
Submitted a pretty rare sighting to a local Ornithology page.

Got a reply a few hours later saying they'd been contacted by Springwatch, who may want to use the pic/s.

Could be a spoof, but if it's a legit request and they use it I will be over the Moon.

redebreck
10th June 2021, 10:54 PM
Submitted a pretty rare sighting to a local Ornithology page.

Got a reply a few hours later saying they'd been contacted by Springwatch, who may want to use the pic/s.

Could be a spoof, but if it's a legit request and they use it I will be over the Moon.

Congratulations. Do you think Covid may have helped wildlife through the reduction in road traffic?
We have mostly common species here in the South Wales valleys - blackbirds, tits, robins, starlings, loads of rooks, buzzards.
Are you able to share what you sighted?

Insidious
10th June 2021, 11:27 PM
Congratulations. Do you think Covid may have helped wildlife through the reduction in road traffic?

Are you able to share what you sighted?

Unquestionably. Particularly in 2020 during the strictest of the lockdown spell. Ravens nested on the City Hall of Belfast for example. More people are seeing Pine Martens than ever as the roads were quiet enough for them to venture across roads and use forestry plantations of Sitka Spruce as "bridges" to get from one area to another, which will boost the Red Squirrels a bit as Martens catch the Greys more easily.

Most significantly though will be the reduced noises of traffic, as Birds sing to each other to communicate, particularly when it comes to advertising for mates. If there is less noise, your song is more likely to be heard as it will carry further - so some Birds will have had a better time in this department.

Reduced traffic also means reduced collisions - good for slow-moving birds such as Owls or Harriers, plus less aerial pollutants would give insects a better chance, which has benefits through each layer of the food chain.

As to what I saw, I managed to see an Osprey hunting fish. There are very, very, very few of these birds around in Northern Ireland even compared to the very low numbers throughout the UK and Ireland, so to see one less than 10 miles from Home is a once in a lifetime experience really.

Insidious
11th June 2021, 12:53 PM
Have since had a phonecall from Springwatch so this has become pretty legit!

Kev0909
11th June 2021, 01:40 PM
Have since had a phonecall from Springwatch so this has become pretty legit!

Ohh that's exciting you'll have to let us know when you have more info.

Kev0909
11th June 2021, 02:57 PM
Looks like we'll have no mad "legal" scenes in pubs during the euros, no way will lockdown be lifted completely 21st sadly.... Sigh.

Insidious
11th June 2021, 06:07 PM
Ohh that's exciting you'll have to let us know when you have more info.

Well, they have an hour of programming and a lot to cram in, so no guarantees.

However tonight is the last episode of the series, so they either show it tonight or it doesn't get shown.

8pm, BBC 2.

Kev0909
11th June 2021, 06:13 PM
Well, they have an hour of programming and a lot to cram in, so no guarantees.

However tonight is the last episode of the series, so they either show it tonight or it doesn't get shown.

8pm, BBC 2.

I'll watch it on catchup, I'm watching the footie!

I'll be quite surprised if they add it in, in time, you sure they won't use it in the future?

Insidious
11th June 2021, 07:20 PM
I'll watch it on catchup, I'm watching the footie!

I'll be quite surprised if they add it in, in time, you sure they won't use it in the future?

Quietly confident. Springwatch likes recent/up-to-date info - little point showing an Osprey I photographed yesterday during Autumn or Winter.

I'll be watching the show so if they DON'T show it (which is fine, I saw the Bird, which is the main thing for me) I'll let you know, save you the bother of the catch-up.

Generally pictures from the public are only discussed for very brief 3-20 second segments anyway.

Insidious
11th June 2021, 10:32 PM
They did show it in the end which was lovely!

Kev0909
12th June 2021, 09:15 AM

That's brilliant i'll watch it soon.

ianlfc
12th June 2021, 10:04 AM
Delighted for you mate. I'll get a watch later on the iplayer.

justme
12th June 2021, 10:53 AM
I doubt spring watch will show the kind of birds. I would email in :D (not that I do that)

redebreck
12th June 2021, 06:04 PM
Any way you can post the photo on here?

ianlfc
12th June 2021, 06:47 PM

I just had a watch there, a fantastic picture mate especially with it holding a fish. Very impressive from both you for getting the picture and the Osprey for looking very Cool .

Insidious
13th June 2021, 05:48 PM
Any way you can post the photo on here?

I've never actually managed to post a pic in here that wasn't from an online link.

Anyone watching the Tennis? Djokovic has insane will-power. Two sets down and has got himself into a winning position in the fifth - had to win this way earlier in the tournament.

Insidious
13th June 2021, 05:50 PM
I just had a watch there, a fantastic picture mate especially with it holding a fish. Very impressive from both you for getting the picture and the Osprey for looking very Cool .

Thanks Ian! They haven't bred in Northern Ireland since the 1800s - I'll be nagging the council about getting a suitable platform built. Ospreys can live for 32 years so it would have plenty of time to find a mate and bring it to the area and hopefully kickstart something beautiful.

Kev0909
17th June 2021, 09:16 AM
Fuck me i'm 30 this time next year, although things have been getting better so I can't complain

Shame about my hair thinning at the back though a bit, thanks dad's genetics.

Tbh the last few years i've had i'm surprised i'm not grey/bald already

justme
17th June 2021, 09:24 AM
Im 43 and still got my hair.. baldies are not good

Kev0909
17th June 2021, 11:32 AM

I dunno phil mitchell is kinda hot :congratulatory:

Insidious
17th June 2021, 03:45 PM

My hair is nearly at my waist these days :biggrin:

Kev0909
17th June 2021, 03:48 PM

Ya hippy!!!!!!

Wish I could grow long hair, purely for headbanging when the gigs are back whenever that is......

teesred
18th June 2021, 12:09 AM
Im as bald as an egg, had shoulder length hair in my teens. I blame that, all the weight tugging on my roots!
Being bald is a nightmare in the summer, burn far too easily.

Kev0909
18th June 2021, 01:12 PM
Im as bald as an egg, had shoulder length hair in my teens. I blame that, all the weight tugging on my roots!

Stick a slab of suncream on you're all good

or wear a hat ! (You can afford a few of them saving just from the haircut bills!)

Haha

Kev0909
18th June 2021, 02:55 PM
Feeling it today, probably wasn't a good idea to be out for 10 hours yesterday, but oh well... not sure what's worse the hangover or the sweden game.

CCTV
19th June 2021, 01:50 PM

Sign of virility, large T count, blame your balls baldy :D

scientificred
20th June 2021, 11:45 AM
Rapunzel!

scientificred
20th June 2021, 11:45 AM

They are not good but great!

ianlfc
20th June 2021, 11:46 AM

Up or down 😆😆

Kev0909
20th June 2021, 07:23 PM
Deaths going down even though there's a big rise in cases, vaccine obviously working

Open the clubs

Let the milfs be free

Daffydd
20th June 2021, 08:51 PM
Fed up of it now. 60% adults fully vaccinated, 80% one jab, and the scientists say we're now into a third wave with a fourth wave this winter.

Insidious
20th June 2021, 09:21 PM
Up or down ����

I cannot tell you how confused I am by this :lol:

Insidious
21st June 2021, 12:01 PM
Fed up of it now. 60% adults fully vaccinated, 80% one jab, and the scientists say we're now into a third wave with a fourth wave this winter.

More transmissible, basically double the chance of hospitalisation if you catch it and we have been continuously loosening restrictions.

Seemed fairly inevitable to me.

Daffydd
21st June 2021, 01:03 PM
More transmissible, basically double the chance of hospitalisation if you catch it and we have been continuously loosening restrictions.

Seemed fairly inevitable to me.

Well I agree it was inevitable, just like the autumn and winter lockdowns to come, that's their mindset, but it makes no sense to me.

Seems more likely that the vaccine is driving the variant. That's what the official figures suggest (graph of vaccination / cases)

Kev0909
26th June 2021, 05:56 AM
I hate alchol bu t but but

footballs comikn homeeeeeee

haha

good joek

cunty pie

god speed

have a nice day you all god bless

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ianlfc
26th June 2021, 09:58 PM
I hate alchol bu t but but

footballs comikn homeeeeeee

haha

good joek

cunty pie

god speed

have a nice day you all god bless

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I bet you had a sore head when you woke up on Saturday afternoon 😆😆

Kev0909
27th June 2021, 06:53 PM
I bet you had a sore head when you woke up on Saturday afternoon ����

Just about recovered....... hey I gotta work soon.... gotta make the most of it eh?????? =(

ianlfc
28th June 2021, 08:12 AM
Just about recovered....... hey I gotta work soon.... gotta make the most of it eh?????? =(

You've had enough time off !!

That apartment block collapsing in Miami is crazy.

ger_ryan22
9th July 2021, 06:53 PM
Bloody hell, this place is still alive!

scientificred
9th July 2021, 07:45 PM
Bloody hell, this place is still alive!
Dear Ger_ryan22
Yes and I hope so.
So many posts/arguments which are not strictly football posts are more coherent and better conducted here.

redebreck
18th July 2021, 06:02 PM
Slight bit of aggressive driving from Lewis Hamilton today!
Took out Jonny Foreigner to give himself a chance of another World Championship.

Kev0909
19th July 2021, 12:43 PM
Slight bit of aggressive driving from Lewis Hamilton today!
Took out Jonny Foreigner to give himself a chance of another World Championship.

Twat one way to do it also the car balance was on show yesterday, silly........

Should make it more fair all over, then see who's the better driver, but sadly that won't/can't happen.

redebreck
20th July 2021, 02:36 PM
Great to see consistency in Womens sports:

European Beach Handball Championships: Norway hit with 1,500 euros
bikini fine

Norway have been fined 1,500 euros (£1,295) for wearing shorts instead of bikini bottoms at the European Beach Handball Championships.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/handball/57890430

On the other hand:

Olivia Breen: World champion para-athlete left angry after official said her shorts were 'too revealing'

Double world champion para-athlete Olivia Breen said she was left angry and speechless after being told to wear "more appropriate" shorts.

Breen, 24, says an official at the English Championships on Sunday told her the briefs were "too short and revealing".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/57887715

redebreck
24th July 2021, 06:22 PM
South Africa v British and Irish Lions doesn't seem to be on TV anywhere?
Can't understand why.

Kev0909
15th August 2021, 03:23 PM
What is happening in Afghanastian doesn't sit right me, what a waste of time it was going there in the first place.

All that training for what? the army to step aside?

They'll be loving the yanks and co's equipment we left, (the taliban)

what a farce. Shame on them.

redebreck
15th August 2021, 05:01 PM
What is happening in Afghanastian doesn't sit right me, what a waste of time it was going there in the first place.

Politics sometimes makes no sense whatsoever.
Ridiculous situation.

Kev0909
15th August 2021, 05:05 PM
Politics sometimes makes no sense whatsoever.
Ridiculous situation.

Bit worrying most of the soldiers we trained, will probably end up joining them too.

Daffydd
16th August 2021, 06:39 PM
I wonder if the Taliban will enforce covid rules, masks and social distancing, nobody seems that arsed in Kabul.

Iraq will be watching on nervously too.

Martyboy
21st August 2021, 01:51 PM
I wonder if the Taliban will enforce covid rules, masks and social distancing, nobody seems that arsed in Kabul.

Iraq will be watching on nervously too.

Hopefully they won't be coz all those 'rules' are complete Psy-op bollocks!...This'll get you all thinking(do your research).....The World Health Organization(WHO),The Centre for Disease Control(CDC) and the FDA(Food and Drugs Agency) were given 12 months to prove a new coronavirus exists through Isolation and Purification tests.....They haven't been able to hence the CDC being sued in America for medical fraud by 7 different scientific teams after getting 1500 'Covid' samples and all being either Flu A or Flu B!....The guy in Alberta,Canada who got all restrictions lifted because the health people there couldn't prove it either!....All they have is a geonomic sequence and I watched an intervew with a german doc who said there's a 1 in 24 million chance that sequence happened naturally so that basically if it does exist makes it a Bio-weapon!....There's BIG truths coming to surface now folks if you dig a little deeper rather than listening to that Propoganda by all the mainstream news channels here and abroad......:mad-new:

Insidious
22nd August 2021, 07:34 PM
Managed to get a photo of a Kestrel today.

That in and of itself is nothing spectacular, but I have been trying to get a particular shot, one from slightly above, so almost always having to lie at the edge of cliff faces to attempt to get it.

Every cliff/quarry/escarpment trip for about 16 years I've been trying and now it's done.

Very pleased.

Kev0909
22nd August 2021, 07:42 PM
Managed to get a photo of a Kestrel today.

That in and of itself is nothing spectacular, but I have been trying to get a particular shot, one from slightly above, so almost always having to lie at the edge of cliff faces to attempt to get it.

Every cliff/quarry/escarpment trip for about 16 years I've been trying and now it's done.

Very pleased.

Now i'm earning some money I'm suddenly interested in a lot of things

Most important thing is saving to go on holiday to see my friend in sweden next year, probably a little trip to wales before then too.

1) Getting a puppy when hopefully the covid-prices drop a little, maybe, or look at a rescue (I know that's morally better)
2) Getting a camera and having photography as a hobby (so any suggestions for a good starting camera for the future that'll be good won't be for a good while though I don't mind spending a decent amount for a decent camera, just not a crazy amount, ideally it'll be for nature/landscape, and obviously will need a lens too.
3) Possibly a guitar, of some sort.
4) Also stopping the drinking & smoking for a while at least and working on health while saving as much money as possible to achieve my goals as quick as I can.

^ I feel like i've spent enough time on my computer to last me a life time, so looking at things to get off, or at least do things while using a computer I.E learning a language which i'm currently learning a bit of swedish with for example, there's also a lot of self-teach videos for things and information, but that's using computer with a purpose anyway.

But anyway, that's great must feel amazing.

Insidious
22nd August 2021, 08:09 PM

Most important thing is saving to go on holiday to see my friend in sweden next year, probably a little trip to wales before then too.

1) Getting a puppy when hopefully the covid-prices drop a little, maybe, or look at a rescue (I know that's morally better)
2) Getting a camera and having photography as a hobby (so any suggestions for a good starting camera for the future that'll be good won't be for a good while though I don't mind spending a decent amount for a decent camera, just not a crazy amount, ideally it'll be for nature/landscape, and obviously will need a lens too.
4) Also stopping the drinking & smoking for a while at least and working on health while saving as much money as possible to achieve my goals as quick as I can.

^ I feel like i've spent enough time on my computer to last me a life time, so looking at things to get off, or at least do things while using a computer I.E learning a language which i'm currently learning a bit of swedish with for example, there's also a lot of self-teach videos for things and information, but that's using computer with a purpose anyway.

Rescue dogs are awesome. I sadly lost the best boy in the world towards the end of June there. Wonderful dog - and a rescue. Highly recommend taking one in if you feel you can adapt / be patient / do your homework.

I use a Canon 550D which I got in.....2011(?).....and it's still going grand. You could probably pick one up second-hand on eBay for less than £200 these days.

Incredible feeling, yeah :wink:

CCTV
22nd August 2021, 09:42 PM

Are you a dad, if not I'd recommend it :)

Good luck on your ventures ;)

CCTV
22nd August 2021, 09:52 PM
Well, Limerick smashed Cork in the All-Ireland hurling final.
They are a fantastic team, winning back to back titles for the counties first time. That's 3 All-Ireland titles in 4 years, bringing the counties count to 10.
A county that had become used to heartbreaking defeats in recent decades, there'll be plenty renditioning limerick you're a lady (d culchie cringe) and a few scoops shall be had in the treaty county.

Well done Limerick, set a new record iirc for the highest score set in an all ireland final.
Kilkenny 3-30 & Cork 6-21 the previous holders.
Limerick 3-32 Cork 1-22

What d'ye make of it ?

CCTV
22nd August 2021, 10:13 PM

A waste of time and a waste of money.

The withdrawal was done arseways for some reason.
Maybe one last push to garner support to stay and occupy Afghanis into something like Californians.

Kev0909
26th August 2021, 08:59 PM
Oh dear.. isis attacked the airport in kabul who'd of thought it

what a mess

Bigup joe biden

scientificred
26th August 2021, 09:59 PM

what a mess

Bigup joe biden
Hi Kev0909
This is a brief revisit following my 'pigeon post'.
Somewhere in my past historic readings I remember someone saying that a democracy needs a strong army.
I cannot recall where that statement came from but the US and UK et al never really gave either to the Afghans -
more like
'let us see what they are made of'.
What a sad mess.

scientificred
27th August 2021, 04:44 PM
I have my answer hopefully to my 'pigeon post' . Thank you Redebreck!
To the Afghanistan scenario and what Biden is saying I would like to say
Is it Dé-jà vu or full circle or back to square one or worse.
Lots of people trapped there.
So sad!

Martyboy
12th September 2021, 07:50 PM

what a mess

Bigup joe biden

Biden's not in charge for Pete's sake!!....Trump won in a landslide and was sworn in as President of the new REPUBLIC of the USA on 22nd August(Fox news were forced to tell the truth)....Dominion machine fraud gave Biden the presidency of the BANKRUPT corporation of the USA,basically they cheated and the data is there to prove it...Biden's just a puppet for the Deep State Cabal(Rothschilds,Rockersfellers,Bilderbergs,Gates ,CCP) with the backing of the seriously loaded Vatican which is being taken down by a 22 nation military alliance...Those evil bastards had the intention of having the whole world enslaved in a Chinese style credit system with surveillance everywhere,forced vacs and chips in the arm and brains in the name of Transhumanism.....Just have look at the World Economic Forum's 4th industrial revolution(4th Reich more like) THE GREAT RESET and the UN's Agenda 21 or 2030......People need to wake the fuck up and fight back against this crap and STOP believing the mainstream media,they've lied to us all for the past 18 months.....Military trials are already taking place in GITMO(Guantanemo Bay).....A lot of peeps have woken up to this shit but SO many are still brainwashed by the likes of BBC,ITV and Sky in this country.....:mad-new::mad-new:

Nineteenx
12th September 2021, 09:49 PM
Somewhere in my past historic readings I remember someone saying that a democracy needs a strong army.

A democracy needs a strong and impartial media, it is a fundamental requirement for democracy to function, people need to be informed and for their media to give them both sides of any argument or story and for their media to speak truth to power and provoke and encourage outrage in the public for legitimate reasons

Daffydd
13th September 2021, 12:49 PM
Democracy only works to the extent that the public are involved. Which isn't much in this country.

Kev0909
28th September 2021, 01:25 AM
This fuel panic buying is bonkers

ianlfc
28th September 2021, 10:40 AM
This fuel panic buying is bonkers

It's a English thing mate. 95% of yous are thick as shit 🤣🤣🤣

Nineteenx
28th September 2021, 07:33 PM
It's a English thing mate. 95% of yous are thick as shit ������

95% of the world population are thick as shit, and as technology has evolved so they are now always in the reaches of modern media and advertising, well, it's greatly accelerated the process

What we are witnessing in our lifetimes is the devolution of the human race, the majority are so conformed through the media to accepting the status quo and what media sources they 'believe' to be trusted tell them that they are completely losing the ability to question, logic and reasoning, most don't even recognise that the 'trusted sources' stopped doing journalism and giving them both sides of every story and argument so they are able to make an informed decision over 20 years ago

redebreck
30th September 2021, 12:56 PM
The UK is going to the dogs, it's official.
Coming up shortly, in Wales, we can no longer beat the shit out of young people.
What is this country coming to?

jozza800
30th September 2021, 06:43 PM
It's going to be a close run thing to see which film the world is going to emulate. Terminator, Mad Max, Waterworld or Soylent Green!

redebreck
1st October 2021, 01:43 PM
It's going to be a close run thing to see which film the world is going to emulate. Terminator, Mad Max, Waterworld or Soylent Green!

I've never seen, and previously never heard of, Soylent Green. Seems like my kind of film - should be made compulsive viewing for schoolchildren. Any idea if it's available for viewing anywhere?
One of my favourite movies of all time is Dr. Strangelove.

fagin
1st October 2021, 10:42 PM
I've never seen, and previously never heard of, Soylent Green. Seems like my kind of film - should be made compulsive viewing for schoolchildren. Any idea if it's available for viewing anywhere?
One of my favourite movies of all time is Dr. Strangelove.

It's quite an old film stars : Edward G Robinson and Charlton Heston but a great movie.Should be able to get it online i would think.It's well worth the watch.

Nineteenx
2nd October 2021, 07:11 PM
The UK is going to the dogs, it's official.
Coming up shortly, in Wales, we can no longer beat the shit out of young people.
What is this country coming to?

Has the Welsh first minister even asked Johnson where the equivalent to EU funding Wales were so very good at getting, that he promised them and many others, including UK scientific research, in his vote leave campaign is in Sunak's budget?

eggy81
4th October 2021, 09:53 PM
So are Facebook after being wiped or what.

redebreck
6th October 2021, 03:44 PM
Does anyone (else) on here play "crash on the run" on their mobiles?
It's a totally free (so far) platform game, in case you've never heard of it

Martyboy
30th October 2021, 05:04 PM
So are Facebook after being wiped or what.

I do know the recent 8 hour FB shut down was a White Hat operation,it's called taking down the evil cabal.....:wink-new:

Daffydd
3rd November 2021, 07:56 PM
Managers jobs are temporary but class is permanent.

BBC News - Rafa Benitez donates Rhyl caravan to bereaved children
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59155714

redebreck
5th November 2021, 06:32 PM
Managers jobs are temporary but class is permanent.

BBC News - Rafa Benitez donates Rhyl caravan to bereaved children
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59155714

Legend

CCTV
6th November 2021, 11:56 AM
I've see a fair few racism hoaxes over the years, a former baller vandalising his own bar with racist graffiti, a black kid drawing (badly/incorrectly) a swastika and the complaining about the racism on college he drew, juicey smolliete the most notorious paying two Africans to beat him up in maga land.

But the one over the last week is up there with the best of them. In the Youngkin v McAuliffe race in Virginia, democrat staffers posed with tiki torches trying to portray white supremacy supporting Youngkin.
Sadly they were identified by folks and have turned their social media accounts to private in the aftermath.

Media continues to push this if you don't elect left wing parties you are voting in white supremacists in the aftermath :D
As part of these elections a black rep woman beat a white man.
Of course you might think a voter group choosing a black woman over a white man, whilst picking one white man over another, wasn't exactly a hallmark of white supremacy.

But as seen in other elections, Black people ain't black if they don't run or vote for the left wing party.
They are then posited as the blackface of white supremacy :D uncle Tom's and other such tags.

Kev0909
6th November 2021, 06:01 PM
I hate alcohol

CCTV
14th November 2021, 01:31 AM
Whats the deal with the tories and others looking to take down Online anonymity?

Dirty cunts seem to be using the murder of that Tory mp to take down anonymity.

teesred
14th November 2021, 09:14 AM
Whats the deal with the tories and others looking to take down Online anonymity?

Dirty cunts seem to be using the murder of that Tory mp to take down anonymity.

If anythings been proved in the last few years its that the Tory govt can pretty much do what the fuck they want. The worst Govt we've ever had hands down.

Kev0909
27th November 2021, 08:30 PM
Masks back in england, oh shit here we go again it's the start of losing control once more.

Daffydd
27th November 2021, 09:17 PM
Just get in the de Lorean and go back to March 2020

Kev0909
29th November 2021, 05:35 PM
Great going to have get jab'd again ffs

redebreck
29th November 2021, 07:48 PM
I'm avoiding my booster.
Don't believe the government, state scientists, etc., etc. have a clue what they're doing. Even if they do I don't trust them!

Martyboy
30th November 2021, 05:58 PM
I'm avoiding my booster.
Don't believe the government, state scientists, etc., etc. have a clue what they're doing. Even if they do I don't trust them!

There's more than enough evidence out there now that these 'vaccines' are causing long term harms and deaths via blood clots,strokes,heart attacks,heart inflammation(especially in the young)...IMHO anyone taking this booster now wants their fecking heads read! and to protect against a disease that NO-ONE has ever proved exists(in the form of a naturally occuring virus)in the first place via Isolation/purification....Do your research,the data's out there...This whole thing is medical fraud on the grandest scale.....:grey:

Kev0909
3rd December 2021, 06:42 PM
I'm avoiding my booster.

Same to many people dropping compared to before for my liking

Had the 2 won't be having anymore.

fagin
3rd December 2021, 09:56 PM
Not being a conspiracy theorist for the most part and because i had had my first 2 shots earlier this year

i went ahead and got the Booster shot on Wednesday.......In for a penny in for a pound i guess.

Martyboy
4th December 2021, 06:09 PM
Read the November 29th tab from Ben Fulford(Top Geo-Political journo)....And by the way the Khazarian Mafia are the Deep State/Cabal,basically the rich elites pushing this whole agenda...

https://benjaminfulford.net

redebreck
5th December 2021, 04:49 PM
Read the November 29th tab from Ben Fulford(Top Geo-Political journo)....And by the way the Khazarian Mafia are the Deep State/Cabal,basically the rich elites pushing this whole agenda...

Conspiracy theorist?

Kev0909
5th December 2021, 04:49 PM
Conspiracy theorist?

Haha christ i've seen some total shite, some interesting but some just batshit crazy.

dicko1969
6th December 2021, 07:38 PM

You were right

Kev0909
7th December 2021, 12:01 AM
You were right

Well we're still alot better off in fairness.

If we're getting lock'down again it'll be start of the year.

redebreck
19th December 2021, 05:09 PM
BBC Sports Personality (SPOTY) on today/tonight.
Whooopeee, can't wait!!

ianlfc
19th December 2021, 09:19 PM
On the plus side of life, my eldest girl has just baked a Christmas cake that recipe that has been handed down from her mum from her mum.
It's the simple things that please me there days.
Oh, and it's bloody lovely.

Martyboy
21st December 2021, 10:50 PM
Conspiracy theorist?

Truth seeker would be more accurate.....Have a look at Ben's latest report on December 20...

Le Tissier and Bryan Roy giving their opinions on the dangers of the jab on Charlie's site....

https://drcharlieward.com/how-many-more-have-to-fall-football-legends-matt-le-tissier-bryan-roy-speak-out/

Kev0909
4th January 2022, 11:34 PM
NHS on it's knees

Staff crying when leaving work.

Ambulances outside in 10's everywhere

Carry on boris

Been rather mild so far for winter in uk well england anyway I assume it's similar everywhere, finally started dropping temp today.... sooooo things can only get better right? Haha.... hilarious init..not

vin
5th January 2022, 12:07 AM
Truth seeker would be more accurate.....Have a look at Ben's latest report on December 20...

Le Tissier and Bryan Roy giving their opinions on the dangers of the jab on Charlie's site....

https://drcharlieward.com/how-many-more-have-to-fall-football-legends-matt-le-tissier-bryan-roy-speak-out/

Charlie Ward is a doctor?

Kev0909
5th January 2022, 11:16 PM
After days of saying I can't believe i've not caught covid yet, hmm waiting on test but pretty sure I have it

Mind you I feel a lot better and it's a lot less worse than any cold i've ever had.

reddownunder
6th January 2022, 09:53 AM
After days of saying I can't believe i've not caught covid yet, hmm waiting on test but pretty sure I have it

Mind you I feel a lot better and it's a lot less worse than any cold i've ever had.

This Omicron variant seems a lot milder than Delta so you may well have it. Take care

fagin
15th January 2022, 01:19 AM
https://nypost.com/2022/01/12/quebec-to-impose-health-tax-on-unvaccinated-residents/

The Province of Quebec in Canada has decided to impose a TAX on Unvaccinated people in the Province
The other Provinces unsure if they'll follow suit as they don't have the same strain on their Hospitals as Quebec has.

redebreck
15th January 2022, 03:55 PM
https://nypost.com/2022/01/12/quebec-to-impose-health-tax-on-unvaccinated-residents/

The Province of Quebec in Canada has decided to impose a TAX on Unvaccinated people in the Province
The other Provinces unsure if they'll follow suit as they don't have the same strain on their Hospitals as Quebec has.

What about any heart problems that are being caused (possibly) by the vaccines?

redebreck
15th January 2022, 03:58 PM
Petrol and diesel car s are going to be absolutely hammered by the UK government, going forward.
Suggest anyone in the UK who drives, takes a close look at what this government is doing to drivers.

fagin
15th January 2022, 11:54 PM
What about any heart problems that are being caused (possibly) by the vaccines?

The main cause of heart attacks in Quebec are from shoveling snow studies show especially in the 55plus bracket.And they are quite

frequent.Not sure if they have done any study in relation to the vaccines.In most of Canada we have a guaranteed 5 months of snow so

people relying on shovels to clear snow are obviously more prone to heart attack.

fagin
16th January 2022, 12:05 AM
Petrol and diesel car s are going to be absolutely hammered by the UK government, going forward.
Suggest anyone in the UK who drives, takes a close look at what this government is doing to drivers.

Not too sure it is totally on the Government Gas(petrol) and Diesel prices are going up dramatically here in Canada/US i

watched a show yesterday about prices and they said it was a result of OPEC.They also said the forecast does not look good

as they say the price of oil is going to increase dramatically because of OPEC's production policies.

redebreck
16th January 2022, 12:37 AM
Not too sure it is totally on the Government Gas(petrol) and Diesel prices are going up dramatically here in Canada/US i

watched a show yesterday about prices and they said it was a result of OPEC.They also said the forecast does not look good

as they say the price of oil is going to increase dramatically because of OPEC's production policies.

UK government is reportedly (also) going to increase tax/duty on petrol and diesel vehicles massively, while electric vehicles will go free.
All because of emissions. Even though there is insufficient infrastructure in place.
Battery manufacture is also questionable imo.

fagin
16th January 2022, 12:55 AM
UK government is reportedly (also) going to increase tax/duty on petrol and diesel vehicles massively, while electric vehicles will go free.
All because of emissions. Even though there is insufficient infrastructure in place.
Battery manufacture is also questionable imo.

Jeez that's a double whammy for those using those fuels.

CCTV
18th January 2022, 11:52 PM
A sub teacher was fired for not meowing in response to a kid who identifies as a cat.
In the heads office she was told she was released for not identifying with all the children.

I hope the head of the school is sacked for mis-specying the poor cat :D fucking baizou

redebreck
19th January 2022, 10:13 AM
A sub teacher was fired for not meowing in response to a kid who identifies as a cat.
In the heads office she was told she was released for not identifying with all the children.

I hope the head of the school is sacked for mis-specying the poor cat :D fucking baizou

WTF?
Was this in the UK?
Any links?

redebreck
19th January 2022, 03:06 PM
Autoglass.
Phoned autoglass this morning after our car window was smashed by some R sole(s) overnight.
Yes they can do the repair.
In five days time!
What is the point. They don't put that in their adverts, do they?

redebreck
20th January 2022, 12:06 PM
Who ever gave women the idea they could compete in men's sports?

CCTV
20th January 2022, 07:59 PM
WTF?
Was this in the UK?
Any links?

https://thepostmillennial.com/teacher-alleges-fired-not-meowing-student-cat

Post-modernisms war on reality, biology.

I'll put up a longer post with more examples and how you go from transgender, to transracial, to transspecies.

Insidious
22nd January 2022, 06:19 PM
3rd week in a row that I have managed to get a "first" on my Birds list.

Was Snow Bunting today, Glossy Ibis a week ago, Ring Ouzel the week before that.

Stupidly pleased!

redebreck
22nd January 2022, 10:17 PM
Congratulations Sid. All I see round here are rooks, pigeons, magpies, robins, tits, gulls, blackbirds, sparrows, and the occasional buzzard.

teesred
22nd January 2022, 10:30 PM
3rd week in a row that I have managed to get a "first" on my Birds list.

Was Snow Bunting today, Glossy Ibis a week ago, Ring Ouzel the week before that.

Stupidly pleased!

I went to Center parcs before Xmas with my partner and the kids. There was loads of different types of birds, my partner knew all of them as she was a keen spotter as a youngster.
It was great to see them all from the back doors of our lodge, bullfinch, woodpecker,blue and grey tits, loads more I can't remember! We took lots of food for them and hung it in the trees, they hoovered it up!
Red squirrels too, fighting for food and territory.

Insidious
30th January 2022, 09:58 PM
Congratulations Sid. All I see round here are rooks, pigeons, magpies, robins, tits, gulls, blackbirds, sparrows, and the occasional buzzard.

There's no denying that habitat and patience are a factor. I travel for a lot of my Birds, even if it isn't so much about going far (often as little as 30 minutes) as it is being really patient.

Sometimes I'll do a "Your Team Against" thread or comment in a match thread after the game saying "was out Birdwatching lads" - there are times I've been out for 8-and-a-half-hours at a specific spot to maybe see a specific Bird for 20 seconds.

There's a road I know where I can see Hen Harrier (a bloody rare Bird) but I might only see it 1-in-10 of the times I go there and only if I am really observant and drive the length of the (quiet) road multiple times.

If you ever want pointers on seeing particular types, I can give you loose guidelines as to what habitat to travel to.

I went to Center parcs before Xmas with my partner and the kids. There was loads of different types of birds, my partner knew all of them as she was a keen spotter as a youngster.
It was great to see them all from the back doors of our lodge, bullfinch, woodpecker,blue and grey tits, loads more I can't remember! We took lots of food for them and hung it in the trees, they hoovered it up!
Red squirrels too, fighting for food and territory.

A delight to hear you're seeing Red Squirrels - I only know of a few spots where I can see them - whereabouts are you?

Fair play to your partner, she's a keeper ;) Bullfinches are lovely things - hard to see as they're very shy.

I was out for a number of hours today with intention of seeing Otters. Didn't find any - did see a Kingfisher though and also an animal that I love the aesthetic of (but hate what it does to the ecosystem) in the form of a Mink! Only the second I've ever seen.

Had the pleasure of a flock of 120 or so Fieldfares yesterday, wonderful Birds.

redebreck
31st January 2022, 12:14 AM
Thanks Sid. Might take you up on that habitat offer some time.
Happy hunting (you know what I mean)!

Insidious
31st January 2022, 05:44 PM
Thanks Sid. Might take you up on that habitat offer some time.
Happy hunting (you know what I mean)!

I do!

I actually got a first today out dog-walking.

A Stoat! I have been trying for one for years. There's a narrow road I drive on where I navigate a Pothole every couple of feet (hundreds on this awful road) about 40 minutes away as it's a renowned spot - I'll sit for hours, no joy.

Sheer blind chance one runs across my path today in my local park where I walk dogs. Split second sighting but no doubt as to what it was.

Can't believe it.

CCTV
2nd March 2022, 08:28 PM
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/baby-goat-stolen-in-a-backpack-under-cover-of-darkness-in-sinister-raid-in-dublin-41403363.html

Martyboy
2nd March 2022, 09:59 PM

The 'Build Back Better' green agenda....The elite will have cars,you feckers won't!!...(I've never driven,it's a rip off)...:(

Daffydd
3rd March 2022, 03:43 PM
The 'Build Back Better' green agenda....The elite will have cars,you feckers won't!!...(I've never driven,it's a rip off)...:(

or maybe it'll be more like Mad Max... :wink:

Martyboy
3rd March 2022, 03:58 PM
or maybe it'll be more like Mad Max... :wink:

You could well be right there mate....If this 'Great Reset' courtesy of those fascist wankers at the W.E.F. and all the infiltrated,hijacked western G7 governments aren't stopped it will be for all of us.....:frown:

teesred
3rd March 2022, 11:00 PM
There's no denying that habitat and patience are a factor. I travel for a lot of my Birds, even if it isn't so much about going far (often as little as 30 minutes) as it is being really patient.

Sometimes I'll do a "Your Team Against" thread or comment in a match thread after the game saying "was out Birdwatching lads" - there are times I've been out for 8-and-a-half-hours at a specific spot to maybe see a specific Bird for 20 seconds.

There's a road I know where I can see Hen Harrier (a bloody rare Bird) but I might only see it 1-in-10 of the times I go there and only if I am really observant and drive the length of the (quiet) road multiple times.

If you ever want pointers on seeing particular types, I can give you loose guidelines as to what habitat to travel to.

A delight to hear you're seeing Red Squirrels - I only know of a few spots where I can see them - whereabouts are you?

Fair play to your partner, she's a keeper ;) Bullfinches are lovely things - hard to see as they're very shy.

I was out for a number of hours today with intention of seeing Otters. Didn't find any - did see a Kingfisher though and also an animal that I love the aesthetic of (but hate what it does to the ecosystem) in the form of a Mink! Only the second I've ever seen.

Had the pleasure of a flock of 120 or so Fieldfares yesterday, wonderful Birds.

We were at Center Parcs in Cumbria. Its a red squirrel sanctuary. Lots of them there.
A mink! Never seen one or an Otter in the wild.
Why are Minks bad for the ecosystem?

teesred
3rd March 2022, 11:07 PM
Anyone got their revised energy bills? 200 quid a month! Going up 80 pounds.
NI rise in April, Council tax rise too.
No hols fir me and kids this year unless I get plenty of overtime.
Very worrying for some, my sister is very worried that she won't manage. She will be fine as my folks can help but I really feel for those who don't have support. How on earth do people manage who are already struggling.
This Govt are allowing this to happen too, the Russia Ukraine situation is a convenient distraction for them.

Nineteenx
4th March 2022, 11:39 AM
Anyone got their revised energy bills? 200 quid a month! Going up 80 pounds.
NI rise in April, Council tax rise too.
No hols fir me and kids this year unless I get plenty of overtime.
Very worrying for some, my sister is very worried that she won't manage. She will be fine as my folks can help but I really feel for those who don't have support. How on earth do people manage who are already struggling.
This Govt are allowing this to happen too, the Russia Ukraine situation is a convenient distraction for them.

The Russia sanctions situation is making it even worse, it's pushing fuel prices even higher

There could be a serious issue with gas supply also, I read last night that almost all our gas is supplied by Norway, but in their agreement with the EU, if events occur that leave EU nations short, they have to stop our supply to make sure the EU has its

The Tories, as much as I loathe them didn't actually create this cost of living crisis all by themselves, it's the result of historic Tory and New Labour policy over the past 40 years, the cost of living crisis has been with us since the early 90's, because of the nature of the policy that creates it, it was always going to affect more people with each passing year affecting those first affected to greater extent each year

Policies on privatisation, housing, zero hours contracts and fiddling the inflation registers to get everyone working for less each year are the fundamental causes of the cost of living crisis

With the inflation register it has always been incredibly apparent to me that they are fiddled, the fiddle overall inflation for everything people need to present as artificially much lower than actual, and they fiddle wage inflation to present as much higher than actual

They're trying to tell us right now that inflation is at 5.5% :D Look at your bills, look at the essentials people need to live, food, electric, gas, fuel, rent/mortgage council tax, phone, internet, it's pertinently over 50% right now, it's been at least 5% every year for the past 40 years

I've been banging on about this for almost 40 years now and the dangers of the "I'm alright Jack attitude" I've continually said about the cost of living crisis and housing crisis that it will 'catch up' with and 'engulf' almost all the people who voted for more of the same time and time again because it wasn't affecting them

Daffydd
4th March 2022, 06:09 PM
I daresay the Ukrainian crisis is a great excuse for every sector to raise their prices and blame it on Putin and the fog of war. Canned food was mentioned today.

redebreck
4th March 2022, 08:04 PM
Fecking greedy energy companies are raising gas prices because the number of suppliers is being compromised (Russian suppliers being sanctioned).

teesred
4th March 2022, 09:37 PM
Fecking greedy energy companies are raising gas prices because the number of suppliers is being compromised (Russian suppliers being sanctioned).

Imagine if this shithouse Govt had done the decent thing and not given carte blanche to raise prices upto 54%. They should have followed Frances lead, it should not be allowed when energy companies are making obscene profits but that's this Govt all over.
They do not give a fuck about working people and are literally taking the piss out of us daily.
The next election will be interesting. There's always the Tory voters who'll vote for them regardless but the middle group, the ones who are swayed in the weeks leading upto it are the ones who need to have the last few months etched into their minds. The sleaze,cronyism,parties,cost of living etc, that's before anyone mentions the word Brexit and how they have made a baboons arse of it.

The last 11 years of their legacy are a fucking stain on the country there isn't one thing they have improved.
Nobody in my opinion can justify this Govt, its the worst in our lifetime by a stretch. They are fucking abhorrent.

Nineteenx
5th March 2022, 12:29 AM
Imagine if this shithouse Govt had done the decent thing and not given carte blanche to raise prices upto 54%. They should have followed Frances lead, it should not be allowed when energy companies are making obscene profits but that's this Govt all over.
They do not give a fuck about working people and are literally taking the piss out of us daily.
The next election will be interesting. There's always the Tory voters who'll vote for them regardless but the middle group, the ones who are swayed in the weeks leading upto it are the ones who need to have the last few months etched into their minds. The sleaze,cronyism,parties,cost of living etc, that's before anyone mentions the word Brexit and how they have made a baboons arse of it.

The last 11 years of their legacy are a fucking stain on the country there isn't one thing they have improved.
Nobody in my opinion can justify this Govt, its the worst in our lifetime by a stretch. They are fucking abhorrent.

It's all the govs over the past 40 years Tees, in my lifetime, since I was old enough to vote, we have only had the opportunity to elect one party, a Labour Party, when it was led by Corbyn, whatever people think of him, that is the only time in most of our lifetimes there was a party we could have elected that would represent normal working people and put and end to us all being ripped off -

But idiots who follow the medias Goldfish bowl politics who've never bothered to follow the thread and have no idea how we arrived where we are somehow let Farage and CO convince them that the EU was to blame for all theirs and the UKs problems, rather than it being the 40 years of Tory and New Labour policy that actually did

Starmer is desperately trying to absolutely bury all of the policy for desperately needed change, that most of had over 65% public approval and support, that he got elected Labour leader swearing to continue with, just as Blair did with New Labour MK1 the last time the Tories made themselves unelectable

Thank the morons for fucking us all over with their stupidity and ignorance, because with Starmer leading Labour and pissing all over the parties democracy, just as Blair did, we almost certainly won't get another shot at having anyone available to elect who will bring the much needed change in any of our lifetimes

teesred
5th March 2022, 02:58 AM
It's all the govs over the past 40 years Tees, in my lifetime, since I was old enough to vote, we have only had the opportunity to elect one party, a Labour Party, when it was led by Corbyn, whatever people think of him, that is the only time in most of our lifetimes there was a party we could have elected that would represent normal working people and put and end to us all being ripped off -

But idiots who follow the medias Goldfish bowl politics who've never bothered to follow the thread and have no idea how we arrived where we are somehow let Farage and CO convince them that the EU was to blame for all theirs and the UKs problems, rather than it being the 40 years of Tory and New Labour policy that actually did

Starmer is desperately trying to absolutely bury all of the policy for desperately needed change, that most of had over 65% public approval and support, that he got elected Labour leader swearing to continue with, just as Blair did with New Labour MK1 the last time the Tories made themselves unelectable

Thank the morons for fucking us all over with their stupidity and ignorance, because with Starmer leading Labour and pissing all over the parties democracy, just as Blair did, we almost certainly won't get another shot at having anyone available to elect who will bring the much needed change in any of our lifetimes

Totally agree about Corbyn. A thoroughly decent man who actually cares about people and wants equality and fairness.
A total hatchet job done on him by the scum media in this country. He didn't help himself at times and he was a bit of a disaster of a leader in some ways. Nobody can deny his integrity and values though and they're the reason he was smeared so much.
I've always said that I genuinely don't think he ever really wanted the job, imagine what would have happened to him had he been in charge during the pandemic and what's happening now.

ianlfc
5th March 2022, 09:53 AM
We were at Center Parcs in Cumbria. Its a red squirrel sanctuary. Lots of them there.
A mink! Never seen one or an Otter in the wild.
Why are Minks bad for the ecosystem?

Well, if you'd stop going to Centre parcs on holidays you'd have plenty of money too spend !!
I priced it and Mexico was cheaper !!

teesred
5th March 2022, 02:03 PM
Well, if you'd stop going to Centre parcs on holidays you'd have plenty of money too spend !!
I priced it and Mexico was cheaper !!

😱 It was for 6 of us. 1100 quid just before Xmas for a weekend, we hadn't been on hols for a while so was a bit of a xmas splurge for the kids. Priced up for summer because they enjoyed it so much but its going to be a bridge too far.
We bought a French bulldog puppy instead!

Nineteenx
5th March 2022, 09:32 PM
�� It was for 6 of us. 1100 quid just before Xmas for a weekend, we hadn't been on hols for a while so was a bit of a xmas splurge for the kids. Priced up for summer because they enjoyed it so much but its going to be a bridge too far.
We bought a French bulldog puppy instead!

Don't worry Tees, when I win the Omaze prize draw house in the Lakes, you can go there on your holidays ;)

teesred
5th March 2022, 10:30 PM
Don't worry Tees, when I win the Omaze prize draw house in the Lakes, you can go there on your holidays ;)

Haha cheers dude, I've seen that comp.
Do you really enter it? How much is it?

Insidious
6th March 2022, 11:25 PM
Have invested in a new Camera.

I got a lot of use from my last one (which will still get used) but as a Technophobe I was very reliant on Automatic settings.

Determined to "study" a bit more with the new one - actually aim to get the most from it, gain a better understanding of ISO, shutter speed and so on, with a view to furthering my Wildlife Photographs - I won't go so far to say "photography" as the standard out there is very high and my images generally are okay-ish and not more, but it is what it is.

Might start some sort of Blog/WordPress as a sort of picture Diary with (relatively) short captions to supplement a project I want to set up for specialised Nestboxes.

If I get to a stage where I do that sort of thing and set up a subsequent Twitter/Instagram/whatever I'll update the thread and anyone who has an interest in following said Nature stuff and wants to follow me and all that guff, they're very welcome, though that side of it is a way off yet.

Nineteenx
7th March 2022, 12:51 AM
Haha cheers dude, I've seen that comp.
Do you really enter it? How much is it?

I did enter it, so fingers crossed ;) You never know, I've spread a lot of light and joy to a lot of people in this life through my Christian outlook and it being in my nature to do so, maybe i'm long overdue a bit of good luck, it's all I have to cling onto in truth, the hope of a bit of incredible good fortune that facilitates me being able to live away from a society that made me ill and makes me ill that I've always had a severe aversion to. So I can be at peace. It disturbs me and causes me incredible distress every time people who don't really understand mental health try to make me partake in their 'society' that makes me so desperately ill

Time and talking to fellow sufferers has led me to numerous epiphanies these past few years, I've realised my condition is far more severe and debilitating than I ever realised and the absolute importance of environment most of all, and that my music industry environment, protected, in a bubble very much away from society I spent 16 years of my life in, with only the incredibly positive aspects of my so called disorders affecting me throughout and my becoming incredibly ill every time I had tried to enter 'society', it really brought it home.

Nineteenx
7th March 2022, 01:13 AM
Re them not understanding mental health

The connection goes a lot deeper than that, and the history of that connection goes a lot further back too. In fact, some modern psychologists theorize that illustrious scientists such as Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein might have been autistic.

'Might have been' if they understood at all, every single one of them would realise in a instant that Einstein very obviously suffered from both autism and bipolar when reading his quotes. If you view the world in a certain way, differently to almost all other people and have done all your life, through having those disorders and read those quotes, it is so obvious

teesred
7th March 2022, 12:05 PM
I did enter it, so fingers crossed ;) You never know, I've spread a lot of light and joy to a lot of people in this life through my Christian outlook and it being in my nature to do so, maybe i'm long overdue a bit of good luck, it's all I have to cling onto in truth, the hope of a bit of incredible good fortune that facilitates me being able to live away from a society that made me ill and makes me ill that I've always had a severe aversion to. So I can be at peace. It disturbs me and causes me incredible distress every time people who don't really understand mental health try to make me partake in their 'society' that makes me so desperately ill

Time and talking to fellow sufferers has led me to numerous epiphanies these past few years, I've realised my condition is far more severe and debilitating than I ever realised and the absolute importance of environment most of all, and that my music industry environment, protected, in a bubble very much away from society I spent 16 years of my life in, with only the incredibly positive aspects of my so called disorders affecting me throughout and my becoming incredibly ill every time I had tried to enter 'society', it really brought it home.

Good on you mate, I hope you get to where you want to be.

Nineteenx
7th March 2022, 01:44 PM
Good on you mate, I hope you get to where you want to be.

Honestly, it is literally being the living dead, you know your life is over, the only thing you need and hope for is to be able to be secure financially, not loaded, but to have enough to get by away from everyone else and a society that makes you ill. The football and my great nephew are the only 2 things I have

redebreck
7th March 2022, 03:14 PM
My best wishes are with you 19x

Nineteenx
7th March 2022, 08:29 PM
My best wishes are with you 19x

Thank you Rede, I'm kind of OK with it, it took me a very long time to come to terms with it, that I'd never have another GF or get married or have children, never be able to work again and have a career of any kind, have to isolate myself in a kind of self imposed lockdown away from all environments that 'trigger' everything, the realisation I was actually VERY autistic and things had only been able to work for they did as long as they did because of the environment I had in a bubble well away from society and that getting back to that environment isn't something that's possible.

ianlfc
7th March 2022, 08:37 PM

I read that the other day and thought , waste of money, you've no chance.
Probably what I would've said to the kitchen fitter this morning before we heard he wouldn't be in today as he was going into Belfast to collect £40,000 he'd just won on one of them raffles. It was either the 40 grand or a Range Rover ,so he's taking the money.
So best of luck mate .

ianlfc
27th March 2022, 05:17 PM
I hope everyone is enjoying the good weather a bit of a plus there's no football to distract us all.

redebreck
27th March 2022, 06:15 PM
I hope everyone is enjoying the good weather a bit of a plus there's no football to distract us all.

No proper football, you mean!

redebreck
1st April 2022, 08:20 PM
Our energy costs - gas and electricity - are going to double, starting today. They are also forecast to rise another 50% in October.
Are these increases only affecting the UK, or are they affecting the EU, or the whole of Europe?

Daffydd
2nd April 2022, 09:49 AM
Our energy costs - gas and electricity - are going to double, starting today. They are also forecast to rise another 50% in October.
Are these increases only affecting the UK, or are they affecting the EU, or the whole of Europe?

It seems to be affecting whichever countries think they can get away with it. maybe just the 'carbon aware' countries?!

I wonder what it will do to property prices

Daffydd
29th April 2022, 11:18 AM
Prince Charles just awarded £50,000 to someone who invented a mask for cows to neutralise the methane from their belching. The world has gone fking mad.

redebreck
29th April 2022, 02:49 PM
Prince Charles just awarded £50,000 to someone who invented a mask for cows to neutralise the methane from their belching. The world has gone fking mad.

I imagine cows fart more than they belch. Or do they? Tell you what, give me a grant and I'll do some research!

scientificred
29th April 2022, 08:45 PM
I imagine cows fart more than they belch. Or do they? Tell you what, give me a grant and I'll do some research!
I know a guy that farts so much he could power my city. Give ME a grant!