PDA

View Full Version : The Weekend’s Other Games 01/01/21

Pages : [1] 2

miller0863
1st January 2021, 07:37 PM
Awful first half of the first game of the year.
Everton 0-0 West Ham

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 08:16 PM
West Ham score one of the flukiest goals you will see.

A West Ham player takes a speculative shot which hits a BS player and the deflection finds it's way to another Hammer who taps in.

On the plus side BS fans will be crying into their new year's tipple.

Kev0909
1st January 2021, 08:19 PM
at least that keeps everton from thinking they can go above us again, sit back down!

stevie harkness
1st January 2021, 08:23 PM
Moyes masterclass

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 08:24 PM
FT Everton 0-1 West Ham

miller0863
1st January 2021, 08:28 PM
Lolllllz

skyebo
1st January 2021, 08:29 PM
I don't know how many games they've played, but Ancelotti has never beaten a Moyes team in the premier league.

miller0863
1st January 2021, 09:02 PM
Like us playing Fat Sam. They just kill a game as much as possible and try to feed off scraps. Antonio makes a huge difference to their affectiveness

justincredible
1st January 2021, 09:18 PM
Like us playing Fat Sam. They just kill a game as much as possible and try to feed off scraps. Antonio makes a huge difference to their affectiveness
Is there such a word? Effectiveness maybe?

Crimson Dynasty
1st January 2021, 09:28 PM
How were we hammered 7-2 by these?

They're making the Scum look like early-to-mid 2010's Barcelona.

Villa getting more of the ball now and at least kind of making it a bit more of a game.

Steveo
1st January 2021, 09:30 PM
How were we hammered 7-2 by these?

They're making the Scum look like early-to-mid 2010's Barcelona.

Villa getting more of the ball now and at least kind of making it a bit more of a game.

I get the frustration but we made Fulham look like Bayern..!

miller0863
1st January 2021, 09:33 PM
Maybe, never could work out whether to use affective or effective

miller0863
1st January 2021, 09:45 PM
Martial with a header on 40 minutes
Utd 1-0 Villa

So annoys me how little they have to do to score a goal.

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 09:45 PM
Did anyone just see that Villa free kick outside the right edge of the box?

How much is that player getting paid?!?!? :eek:

And then the Mancs get in far too easily and score.

FFS!!! :mad:

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 09:46 PM
We're having to seriously graft to win a fair few of our games, yet they are doing next to f-all and winning.

miller0863
1st January 2021, 09:57 PM
We’ve simply got to start taking a much higher percentage of our chances and stop the ridiculous amount of draws.

redman99
1st January 2021, 09:59 PM
They are very decisive in their attack whereas we seem to be overplaying it too much, plus we are out of form. Utd having their purple patch, but their legs will catch up with them soon. We are miles better than this Utd team, makes it frustrating to drop those silly points.

It's between us and City. Expect Villa to come back into it 2nd half and nick a goal or two.

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 10:04 PM
There's no guarantee that the wheels will come off Ole's bus, as there isn't that Man City will suddenly start blowing teams away again, or that we'll suddenly start taking our chances.

"Assumption is the mother of all f-ups".

LEGS
1st January 2021, 10:09 PM
Im of the opinion its between 3 teams.

People keep saying United arent in it but they absolutely are they are showing some mettle.

Fell behind at both West Ham/Southampton and won.

Crimson Dynasty
1st January 2021, 10:10 PM
I get the frustration but we made Fulham look like Bayern..!

We've been making a lot of teams look like world-beaters this season - including this same Villa team.
But mostly relegation-battlers.

Makes you wonder how "great" we'll make the Scum look when we play them in a little while.

David De Gea will suddenly turn into Superman and be unbeatable - we always make opposition goalies look like superstars; especially at Anfield.

The press still haven't stopped wanking themselves silly over the Magpies goalie Darlow's "world-beater" performance against us.

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 10:14 PM
It would help a fair bit if our players could actually find the corners of the net instead of shooting straight at, or very close to the keeper/centre of the goal.

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 10:20 PM
Get in Traore!!!

1-1

miller0863
1st January 2021, 10:20 PM
Excellent
Traore equalises on 58 mins
Utd 1-1 Villa

Balinkay
1st January 2021, 10:23 PM
Pen to United. Soft, but it's a pen I guess.

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 10:23 PM
FFS Villa!!!!

Guess what ........ The Mancs have 'won' another penalty. Pogba going down like a sack of spuds.

F-ing hell. Penchester United. :mad:

miller0863
1st January 2021, 10:24 PM
Oh ..Utd penalty there’s a thing, softest of penalties just as Villa get back into it.
VAR will not of course overturn it.

Fernandes scores
Utd 2-1 Villa

When Utd struggle you know they can always get out of trouble with a penalty

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 10:25 PM
Oh ..Utd penalty there’s a thing, softest of penalties just as Villa get back into it.
VAR will not of course overturn it.

Fernandes scores
Utd 2-1 Villa

When Utd struggle you know they can always get out of trouble with a penalty via 'dodgy' officiating and a fair bit of diving.

Fixed for you.

LEGS
1st January 2021, 10:26 PM
Dont do it to yourselves its the big reason they are going to be challenging the league is clearly helping them.

How many pens is that now ???

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 10:26 PM
If anyone thinks they aren't a genuine threat, especially given how many penalties they are being given, they are deluding themselves.

jr81
1st January 2021, 10:28 PM
If anyone thinks they aren't a genuine threat, especially given how many penalties they are being given, they are deluding themselves.

They are flying it at the moment. We are not unfortunately. Those 4 points dropped to Newcastle and west Brom could be big at the end of the season.

JAYPEA
1st January 2021, 10:32 PM

1 more pen than us now.

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 10:33 PM
Man U have been awarded 27 Premier League penalties since Solskjaer's first game in charge. which is seven more than anyone else in that time.

southernboy
1st January 2021, 10:35 PM
This is part of the reason why I now only watch our games or games between the “top” teams. I’m absolutely sick of seeing Fernandes trip him self over to get penalties.

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 10:35 PM
This is part of the reason why I now only watch our games or games between the “top” teams. I’m absolutely sick of seeing Fernandes trip him self over to get penalties.

It was Pogba this time who went down like a sack of spuds.

JAYPEA
1st January 2021, 10:36 PM
Man U have been awarded 27 Premier League penalties since Solskjaer's first game in charge. which is seven more than anyone else in that time.

I’m talking about this season. Yes had loads last year or so. We have had the most in PL history by a distance despite been only the 4th highest scorers overall.

JAYPEA
1st January 2021, 10:36 PM
Looking like a decent player tonight Pogba. Is transfer window open. lol

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 10:42 PM
I’m talking about this season. Yes had loads last year or so. We have had the most in PL history by a distance despite been only the 4th highest scorers overall.

That may be the case, but that is is no small part due to the quality and style of the attacking players we've had. At no point did I ever hear a major outcry that we were winning more penalties than we really should have. Contrast that to Man U who causes rumblings with every other Premier League club's fans in regards to not only how many penalties they are winning, but how they are 'winning' them.

We have had the best (or one of the best) front threes in Europe for the past few season. We 100% should be winning lots of penalties. They however have been largely sub-par, with the exception of Fernandes.

Kev0909
1st January 2021, 10:46 PM
That may be the case, but that is is no small part due to the quality and style of the attacking players we've had. At no point did I ever a major outcry that we were winning more penalties than we really should have. Contrast that to Man U who causes rumblings with every other Premier League club's fans in regards to not only how many penalties they are winning, but how they are 'winning' them.

We have had the best (or one of the best) front threes in Europe for the past few season. We 100% should be winning lots of penalties. They however have been largely sub-par, with the exception of Fernandes.

they have pace, that wins them a lot of peno's they're also direct.

Could of had more here tbh

Balinkay
1st January 2021, 10:46 PM

Out of interest Noods, is there a top half team + Arsenal you don't consider a "gunuine threat"?

:D

miller0863
1st January 2021, 10:48 PM
Villa have missed the target with two better chances than the one West Brom equalised with, since going behind.
Utd riding their luck as usual

JAYPEA
1st January 2021, 10:49 PM
That may be the case, but that is is no small part due to the quality and style of the attacking players we've had. At no point did I ever a major outcry that we were winning more penalties than we really should have. Contrast that to Man U who causes rumblings with every other Premier League club's fans in regards to not only how many penalties they are winning, but how they are 'winning' them.

Agree. They have had some soft ones. This season seems no more than anyone else. Last year big time. We’ve not had best attackers over last 30 years but had most pens by a distance which is strange as only 4th top scorers. My theory is a lot of refs from 1990to recently grew up watching and admiring great Liverpool sides. Last couple of years and next 20 all the refs will have grown up watching great United sides so will like them. So expect a decade or 2 of them getting most pens.

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 10:53 PM
Out of interest Noods, is there a top half team + Arsenal you don't consider a "gunuine threat"?

:D

Yes I see any of the 'big' teams (other than Arsenal) as a potential threat, largely as a result of us struggling against teams we should really be beating with a reasonable amount of ease, something that has an alarming similarity to a certain season under Rafa. All the other teams have the players (even if it's just a couple) who could be enough to fire them to the title.

We should be p-ing the league, but as a result of our injuries, our front three being out of sorts, and not having enough in reserve, we're currently level on points with the Red Mancs, and not that far away from certain other teams who should be eating our dust.

I know better than anyone that you should never say never, and that s*** happens, often when you least want it to, or when it seems like it is impossible for it to happen. It does. Believe me.

Balinkay
1st January 2021, 10:57 PM
So you see at least five teams as "a threat"... right. :D

Crimson Dynasty
1st January 2021, 10:57 PM
You can be certain that if United were the ones trailing 2-1 there would have been 10 minutes added time.

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 10:58 PM
Agree. They have had some soft ones. This season seems no more than anyone else. Last year big time. We’ve not had best attackers over last 30 years but had most pens by a distance which is strange as only 4th top scorers. My theory is a lot of refs from 1990to recently grew up watching and admiring great Liverpool sides. Last couple of years and next 20 all the refs will have grown up watching great United sides so will like them. So expect a decade or 2 of them getting most pens.

Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez. McManaman. Coutinho. $t£rling. All quality, tricky, and/or pacey players. I'm sure there are others who currently aren't coming to mind, but those should be enough to prove my point.

Balinkay
1st January 2021, 10:58 PM
Jeeeeebuss how many chances did Villa miss...

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 10:59 PM
FT Penchester Utd 2-1 Aston Villa

Kev0909
Villa have missed the target with two better chances than the one West Brom equalised with, since going behind.
Utd riding their luck as usual

We've done that a lot to be fair Miller

Maybe not this season as much

RedNoodle
Jeeeeebuss how many chances did Villa miss...

Almost as many as we've been missing. :o

JAYPEA
1st January 2021, 11:04 PM
Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez. McManaman. Coutinho. $t£rling. All quality, tricky, and/or pacey players. I'm sure there are others who currently aren't coming to mind, but those should be enough to prove my point.

True enough but as 4th top scorers we shouldn’t have more pens than anyone else that’s disproportionate. Just like last 2 seasons we then getting most is disproportionate. Especially more than United or arsenal over that period with their attackers and number of PL titles

Crimson Dynasty
1st January 2021, 11:04 PM

Not as many as we did in our last game.
At least they found the net.

And they didn't need 70% possession to do it.

Crimson Dynasty
1st January 2021, 11:08 PM
It's up to us to get back to winning ways against the Saints, and get ready to show these what's what when they come visit us.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting strong vibes from Boxing day last year when everyone was sure Leicester - who were riding a momentum high at the time - would get something against us when we played them at King Power, after our return from a taxing World Club championship in Qatar.

We all know how that ended.

We just have to be on our bikes and on it on the day, and really just take our chances.

We can beat these.

Balinkay
1st January 2021, 11:15 PM

We haven't though I don't think... no more than usual anyway bar that last game. We've been getting what we deserve by our normal standards this year.

Balinkay
1st January 2021, 11:17 PM
I don't think the United game matters CD - it's just three points. Both teams will likely drop another 15 before the season is over. We never turn up against them and they have a better chance of winning it than we do.

Insidious
1st January 2021, 11:20 PM
I don't think the United game matters CD - it's just three points. Both teams will likely drop another 15 before the season is over. We never turn up against them and they have a better chance of winning it than we do.

Some of our fans will see it as a must-win.

I think it's closer to a best-not-to-lose.

I certainly don't think our title challenge is over if they beat us. Would leave a very sour taste mind, given our recent record at Anfield.

Faith in our lads to win the War irrespective of the upcoming Battle is enormous.

RedNoodle
1st January 2021, 11:22 PM
Anything less than four points from our next two games will be seen by many as a disaster.

teesred
1st January 2021, 11:26 PM
There's 22 games left to play. Anyone seeing it as disaster needs to have a serious word with themselves.
We are not sweating yet.

Insidious
1st January 2021, 11:27 PM
There's 22 games left to play. Anyone seeing it as disaster needs to have a serious word with themselves.
We are not sweating yet.

Amen.

ianlfc
1st January 2021, 11:29 PM
I watched the first half and that was enough for me. There's a reason they were dumped out of the Champions league in the group stages, They're shite.

teesred
1st January 2021, 11:53 PM
I watched the first half and that was enough for me. There's a reason they were dumped out of the Champions league in the group stages, They're shite.

I've just said to my cousin I'll honestly be surprised if they finish 2nd let alone top. We'll get our own shit together and see what happens.

Kev0909
1st January 2021, 11:54 PM
https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/134032599_10159557974315982_4695216668909414756_n. png?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=IwUURhvWmUcAX-3iJQN&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=7e965307cb2a1e81c0d9698bd5ed6f8b&oe=6016EAEF

miller0863
1st January 2021, 11:55 PM
We need to beat them to knock them out if their stride as we did with Spurs.

Kev0909
1st January 2021, 11:56 PM
at least city are missing 5 players apparently for the chelsea game due to rona

hopefully they don't get the win

Crimson Dynasty
1st January 2021, 11:57 PM

The thing is, I don't fully believe this season will be fully completed as everyone imagines it will be.

I believe the League and the clubs are deluding themselves somewhat on the whole no need for a 'circuit-breaker' break with the increasing number of infections now even affecting match schedules.

With all that in mind, I strongly believe that it is a must-win game because at some point there will be some big decisions to be made with regards to how to close out the season with the impending Euros coming up (and which will NOT be moved again).

I can just see them deciding to award the title on a points-per-game basis or some other such basis, rather than, say, a playoffs or something like that.

And the closer United are (with the ability to argue against us being awarded the title in those circumstances) the more likely it would be for the league to "gift" it to them as the form team or some such other bullshite criteria (particularly if we're still struggling for form them).

The question of ending the season early last season was an easy one with regards to deciding who got the title since we were so far ahead.
This season they'd be hard pressed to argue against a playoffs with the table the way it is and any of the top 6 teams with a legitimate argument to make that they could win it. But the circumstances might be that even a "bubble" scenario playoffs type situation might simply not be feasible.

I just don't think we can afford to be dropping points in the hope and expectation that our form will pick up once again later on when we get injured players back and whatnot.
There might not be a 'later on' to speak of, (much less even an "end-of-the-season") with things going the way they are with this pandemic.

It will be much harder to argue awarding them the title over us in a close race (or tied points) scenario, if we've beaten them on what might likely be our only head-to-head game.

Insidious
2nd January 2021, 12:32 AM
Well, although it's only on Goal Difference, we're ultimately still, just about, top.

Phenomenal effort considering everything we have faced as far as I'm concerned and as annoying as some of the 6 draws have been, it's 6 points that might be of value later on - only lost the one League game let's not forget.

Of our potential challengers, not many have a lot of "spare" weaponry with which to reinforce their current positions. City arguably have the most dangerous Ace up their sleeve in Aguero if they can get him fit and firing. United have been fortuitous with injuries so to bolster what they have would require something in the transfer market.

We on the other hand have Thiago and Jota to come into the fold over the coming weeks. So we are in a position where you'd certainly say there's room for improvement - and improving upon being top after 16 games is a good place to be.

SydneyLFC
2nd January 2021, 01:13 AM
Obviously, the biggest difference is that MUFC play poor-to-average and win, we draw. I'd like to think the sketchy finishing is down to tiredness and not a fundamental inability to create from the midfield but I've my doubts.

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 01:27 AM
I must say I find it funny how villa manager & fans complain when they've got Jack Divish playing for them

justme
2nd January 2021, 01:58 AM
if you dont think officials are cheating with the Var this season. You just need to see how they are handling it stinks of corruption
They hide behind "its an honest mistake" where as in reality its not,

Insidious
2nd January 2021, 09:42 AM
Obviously, the biggest difference is that MUFC play poor-to-average and win, we draw. I'd like to think the sketchy finishing is down to tiredness and not a fundamental inability to create from the midfield but I've my doubts.

Get what you are saying, but they have also lost 3 times to our once though - and have only won one more match, at 10 to 9.

Of the remaining 22 games I'd back us to equal or better their number of wins, plus I'd back us to get 2 draws or a win and a draw in our matches against them.

Also back us to finish higher in the mini-table of the Top 6 or Top 7, which suggests we just need to up our win rate against those sides that sit deep and try to stifle, which Thiago (back) and Jota (back soon) should help with.

eggy81
2nd January 2021, 10:56 AM
Still think their results will start to mirror performance shortly. They get a nice run going every season. Fernandez as of now is scoring with 50% of his attempts. That’s largely down to penalties. Yes we need to beat them on 17th but we’ve drawn 5 of last 9 and still top. They’ll fall apart soon.

Balinkay
2nd January 2021, 12:22 PM
Rangers - Celtic today.

Let's hope Stevie's lads avoid defeat. They're currently 18 points clear with three games in hand.

Steveo
2nd January 2021, 01:09 PM
Think it’s 16 points clear and that Celtic have the 3 games in hand but not certain.

It will be a cracker for sure. I would normally be more keen on Celtic but as Stevie is manager - Rangers it is.

justincredible
2nd January 2021, 01:34 PM
A brief moment to remember those 66 poor souls who didn't make it home in January 1971.

Balinkay
2nd January 2021, 01:34 PM
D'oh, wtf did I write. :D Yes, Celtic have three games in hand and it is 16 rather than 18 points. :D Guess I'm still not completely sober after NY. :D

Cheers Steveo! :)

skyebo
2nd January 2021, 02:16 PM
Tottenham 2 0 Leeds
Kane Penalty
Son. 100th goal for the club, what a player.

stevie harkness
2nd January 2021, 02:22 PM
Spurs firing a warning shot across Man Utd's bow as they get their title challenge back on track.

skyebo
2nd January 2021, 02:44 PM
Game set and match to Tottenham. Alderweireld with the 3rd.

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 02:49 PM
Perfect game for spurs tbf

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 02:51 PM
celtic all over rangers, still the better squad compare the money

gerrard has done really well fair play to him, didn't think he'd be that good

skyebo
2nd January 2021, 02:57 PM
celtic all over rangers, still the better squad compare the money

gerrard has done really well fair play to him, didn't think he'd be that good

Fair play to him for taking it on. Rangers were streets behind Celtic when he went there, now they are well ahead.

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 02:58 PM
Fair play to him for taking it on. Rangers were streets behind Celtic when he went there, now they are well ahead.

Aye exactly

celtic down to 10

come on rangers, if you get win here it'll take a miracle for celtic to come back

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 03:00 PM
C McGregor (70' ogown goal)

Captain for celtic puts it into his own net

classic

miller0863
2nd January 2021, 04:15 PM
Another game another Harvey Elliott assist

Birmingham 0-1 Blackburn

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 04:20 PM
Another game another Harvey Elliott assist

Birmingham 0-1 Blackburn

Wouldn't hurt for shaqiri to go and elliot be a squad player next season

I mean shaqiri is as much use as a chocolate fireguard anyway

teesred
2nd January 2021, 04:23 PM
Wouldn't hurt for shaqiri to go and elliot be a squad player next season

I mean shaqiri is as much use as a chocolate fireguard anyway

The power cube. More like Oxo cube due to how he crumbles with injuries.

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 04:32 PM
The power cube. More like Oxo cube due to how he crumbles with injuries.

Ayee I thought if you had mr muscles you're meant to be more hard init?

Balinkay
2nd January 2021, 04:33 PM
Rangers hold on for a 1-0 win! Hilariously none of their ten shots were actually on target. :D

JAYPEA
2nd January 2021, 04:40 PM
7 points between top and 10th. All in the title race and all including us still in a battle for top 4 and even europa places. That’s the league this year. Two good weeks or two crap weeks and anything can change.

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 04:58 PM
Well no point watching palace game in 2nd half

2-0 up game over (because it's shef utd)

miller0863
2nd January 2021, 05:13 PM
Elliott is only 17, Klopp will do what’s right for his development which could be another loan next season.

LEGS
2nd January 2021, 06:19 PM
Elliott is only 17, Klopp will do what’s right for his development which could be another loan next season.

Yeah a loan to a club like Brighton/Leeds might suit him.

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 06:27 PM

Greenwood wasn't far off

if you're good enough you're good enough- I'm sure he could learn a lot with salah and mane too, no?? better quality of players...

Shaqiri is a waste of time also means we can add a foreign guy to the squad I think?

Maybe perhaps a CB? can't see us spending too much in the summer, so we may need elliot...

miller0863
2nd January 2021, 06:34 PM
He wouldn’t start many staying at Anfield just yet. It would stifle his development. Leeds might be a good shout. It would certainly get his fitness levels up

justme
2nd January 2021, 06:37 PM
Just looked, the least points ever in the Premier league. was Derby on 11 points. That looks like a cricket score for Sheff-united to catch right now

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 06:40 PM
I wish we had a little bit of neto in our lives

Him haaland schuurs

Not asking for much

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 07:20 PM
Is karius playing for brighton?

miller0863
2nd January 2021, 07:37 PM
Decent game, penalty to Brighton in the first minute of the second half.
Brighton 2-3 Wolves

skyebo
2nd January 2021, 07:45 PM
Is karius playing for brighton?

Don't wish that on 'em.

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 07:54 PM
Don't wish that on 'em.

To be fair I don't know why I said that

it's the Burn's horrorshow first half anyway

miller0863
2nd January 2021, 08:01 PM
2 minutes after hitting the crossbar from a corner, Brighton make one count and from 3-1 down it’s now
Brighton 3-3 Wolves

teesred
2nd January 2021, 08:41 PM
He wouldn’t start many staying at Anfield just yet. It would stifle his development. Leeds might be a good shout. It would certainly get his fitness levels up

Do you not think if he was out on loan he would just try and get a permanent one?
Not many youngsters prepared to wait around now.

justme
2nd January 2021, 08:57 PM
Elliott is LFC fan..So if his mind is set on playing for us for a long time. I'm sure a couple of seasons on loan at his age wont be an issue.

miller0863
2nd January 2021, 08:58 PM
He’s a Liverpool fan with his whole focus on developing his game to a level where he has a first team squad place on merit, hopefully developing into a first team regular.

Liverpool is his Real/ Barca equivalent, he’s no Sterling

justincredible
2nd January 2021, 09:19 PM
I reckon that a season with Blackburn will be enough for him. He can finish his development here next season he's that good.

miller0863
2nd January 2021, 09:30 PM
Arsenal walking through WBA in the snow. Already 2-0 before the half hour. Still felt the West Brom performance was at least as bad as the Villa one. West Brom are pathetic

teesred
2nd January 2021, 09:46 PM
Elliott is LFC fan..So if his mind is set on playing for us for a long time. I'm sure a couple of seasons on loan at his age wont be an issue.

Yeah I know he's an LFC fan, maybe you're right. Hopefully he will be an exception if he is going to be a good player.

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 09:53 PM
Even arsenal can score past this lot

Wonder if they can jump up the table enough to challenge top6

Steveo
2nd January 2021, 10:07 PM
Arsenal walking through WBA in the snow. Already 2-0 before the half hour. Still felt the West Brom performance was at least as bad as the Villa one. West Brom are pathetic

Possibly - Fulham was tragic too. We did very well to take a point.

miller0863
2nd January 2021, 10:08 PM
Hahaha Big Sam’s big half time team talk works again !
West Brom think they’ve pulled one back but no... sadly for the ugly fat bastard it’s ruled out for offside lollllllz

miller0863
2nd January 2021, 10:22 PM
More hopeless West Brom defending as they narrowly avert gifting Arsenal comedic og third goal, then clear one off the line and finally lashed home for 3-0.
West Brom’s defence has more holes than a fishing net.

RedNoodle
2nd January 2021, 10:24 PM
More hopeless West Brom defending as they narrowly avert gifting Arsenal comedic og third goal, then clear one off the line and finally lashed home for 3-0.
West Brom’s defence has more holes than a fishing net.

That just makes our inability to get more than a single solitary goal against them all the more galling.

And that was before Arsenal made it 4-0.

miller0863
2nd January 2021, 10:25 PM
Grief

Lacazette totally free 6 yards out to slam the ball home for 4-0. West Brom keeper apoplectic

How??? HOW did we fail to beat these???

Ffs

LEGS
2nd January 2021, 10:30 PM
Good glad they are getting hammered 4-0.

They rode their luck against us first half etc these things happen no need to whinge about it, they did stay in the game though but they are no good the league tells you that.

Hopefully WBA go down they even have a far worse GD than Sheff Utd.

CCTV
2nd January 2021, 10:32 PM
I reckon that a season with Blackburn will be enough for him. He can finish his development here next season he's that good.

Same, had the attributes to succeed and has started adding the incisive end product at a reasonable level of football, he seemed to lack a little

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 10:38 PM
arsenal Four -0

Can't wait for this CB to come in to help

maybe we can get some more shots on target v southampton

southernboy
2nd January 2021, 10:40 PM
Same, had the attributes to succeed and has started adding the incisive end product at a reasonable level of football, he seemed to lack a little

Yup. That was always my problem with him. He had all the ability, but come the decisive moment, did nothing. It seemed to be a lack of confidence. Hopefully that’s something that this loan will give him. There is definitely a very good player in there.

RedNoodle
2nd January 2021, 10:41 PM
arsenal Four -0

Can't wait for this CB to come in to help

maybe we can get some more shots on target v southampton

Is he going to help our forwards become more clinical or add the creativity and goals that isn't being provided by our midfield?

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 10:46 PM
Is he going to help our forwards become more clinical or add the creativity and goals that isn't being provided by our midfield?

Didn't you know? we're going to play him as CF for his height/strength no worries he'll track back to CB when we don't have the ball

RedNoodle
2nd January 2021, 10:48 PM
Didn't you know? we're going to play him as CF for his height/strength no worries he'll track back to CB when we don't have the ball

So when are we resigning Downing to provide the crosses for this aerial behemoth to get on the end of?

I ask this because there is no way FSG will be signing them both in a window, and certainly not the January one.

LEGS
2nd January 2021, 10:50 PM
You might mock but a quality CB helps us push up the pitch and we can box the opposition in more.

With Phillips he would be ok against Burnley who have big lumps but anyone with pace/movement is a big concern.

Fab isn’t quick but he is excellent in one v one duals.

It’s no good moaning about results from last week/month they are gone now all we need to be bothered about is Southampton.

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 10:51 PM
So when are we resigning Downing to provide the crosses for this aerial behemoth to get on the end of?

I ask this because there is no way FSG will be signing them both in a window, and certainly not the January one.

We're not, we're just passing the ball to robertson and hoping for the best, and direct balls from thiago/allison!

eggy81
2nd January 2021, 10:52 PM
Not beating them was criminal

RedNoodle
2nd January 2021, 10:54 PM
We're not, we're just passing the ball to robertson and hoping for the best, and direct balls from thiago/allison!

Alisson - new CB - Goal.

Quality stuff. Tony Pulis would be proud.

Balinkay
2nd January 2021, 11:02 PM
Good glad they are getting hammered 4-0.

They rode their luck against us first half etc these things happen no need to whinge about it, they did stay in the game though but they are no good the league tells you that.

Hopefully WBA go down they even have a far worse GD than Sheff Utd.

No need to whinge?? Where do you get off telling people we're not getting relegated??? FSG-PAID TOP RED ALERT!!! THE END IS NEAR WE'RE DOOMED!

LEGS
2nd January 2021, 11:05 PM
No need to whinge?? Where do you get off telling people we're not getting relegated??? FSG-PAID TOP RED ALERT!!! THE END IS NEAR WE'RE DOOMED!

The relegation battle is next season we will scrape a few more wins to be safe this season ��

Insidious
2nd January 2021, 11:22 PM
a quality CB helps us push up the pitch and we can box the opposition in more.

"Yep yep yep!" - Duckie, Land Before Time.

Kev0909
2nd January 2021, 11:26 PM
Good job we only had 17 shots then v WBA

Hopefully we'll get a CB and then have 30 shots, you never know, might even get a couple on target and score!

TheDOC1979
2nd January 2021, 11:27 PM
A quality CB helps the other players play in their natural position. Fabinho had the quality cross in him and is an excellent CDM. He’s done brilliantly at CB, we needed to improve on Gomez as he was suspect for a lot of goals. Having him as a back up isn’t a bad thing. He’s still young and needs to lose a bit of “I’m guaranteed starting 11”

LEGS
2nd January 2021, 11:36 PM
Good job we only had 17 shots then v WBA

Hopefully we'll get a CB and then have 30 shots, you never know, might even get a couple on target and score!

That isn’t what I’m saying really as I said WBA rode their luck and they did, it happens to every team every season.

I’m certainly not going to put the boot into players like Mane, Salah and Firmino, they have seen us come from misfits to a team who puts in genuine challenges for the title and CL.

Not that long ago we had Balotelli Lambert and Borini some would do well to remember that.

I wouldn’t say no to Harland/Mbappe but neither would anyone else!

skyebo
2nd January 2021, 11:38 PM
In the calendar year 2020, Fabinho was ranked #1 for LFC with both interceptions and tackles made 64...38. A lot of those would have occured while playing in midfield.

RedNoodle
3rd January 2021, 12:00 AM
Of course we need another quality CB, but that isn't the only area of pitch where we need reinforcements and/or a different type of player.

ianlfc
3rd January 2021, 12:21 AM
In the calendar year 2020, Fabinho was ranked #1 for LFC with both interceptions and tackles made 64...38. A lot of those would have occured while playing in midfield.

The big red Fabinho alarm has went off in the 19x ivory towers

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 12:23 AM
The big red Fabinho alarm has went off in the 19x ivory towers

lol

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 01:18 AM

That's ok then I hope we finish outside of top4 because then I can say I was right

You have to keep improving to stay top / invest

as long as i'm right that's all that matters

Let's all be happy about it.

I really hope we keep drawing against teams like WBA,Fulham it really makes me happy, excites me top stuff gives me a thrill up the saints init

Needed to replace Lovren and we didn't, i'm looking forward to all the excuses and reasons if we don't do it again though, from the non "whiners"- when it's pretty obvious what we're whining about is the reason(s) why we won't but that's ok, why would we want to win anything anyway? where's the fun in that? I really hope utd will beat us to it, that'll be top banter init

Won't be the 85th min subs to try and change the game when we need a goal
Getting a player injured in a pointless game (could of been the difference between draws>wins)
Not being able to hit a barn door a lot of the games (mane lately and firmino mostly) Salah's record speaks itself just a bad few games
Nothing from the midfield in terms of goals and much creaitivity if forwards aren't doing it we're fked
Certain players not being good enough/injury prone but we keep em around for the bants
TAA playing like he's just finding his feet in the game and it's his first season
Failing to try anything different but pass it around sideways and back, without even trying to fully "go for it"
Overplaying certain players when they could of rested which resulted to a injury, I.E Milner 3 games in 7 days which resulted in a injury, and it's not the first time
Not replacing Lovren- which left us short anyway maybe we wouldn't be in the mess at CB/CM we're in maybe we could ofactually you know managed matip a bit better then as he can only play once a week
-Not seeing the fight or effort we use to when 1-1 to shite like WBA or captain motivating people- and still playing it safe?

-this isn't a dig at Klopp he's not 100% perfect but who is, BTW! but a lot of things are out of his hands I feel sorry for him he has to work with a bunch of fkin crooks

a BIG If we do go downhill, i'll be 100% certain it's not on Klopp but some players and FSG who wants 13 players in squad that can actually play and 7 injury prone players I think, would of been silly to get another CB with Gomez's fine injury record, when he's injured he's out forever, then there's matip who gets injured for a few weeks, every few weeks, would of been pure madness to replace Lovren, especially with Fabinho at CB, because the midfield also has GREAT injury records, Ox and keita are incredible, thiago isn't know for being the fittest either but hopefully he'll be okay, can't be much worse anyway, I don't think henderson is even playing at 100%

Should of called the new training place Melwoods "fucking" nursing home

miller0863
3rd January 2021, 01:49 AM
Hahahaha Ian mate if the red wine doesn’t come out of my favourite hoodie I’m sending you the bill !!

Balinkay
3rd January 2021, 11:28 AM
As I said Kev, the end is nigh!!111!!! WE'RE DOOOMED.

Balinkay
3rd January 2021, 12:22 PM
Jokes aside - take a look at last season and the season before. We had two wonderful years that culminated in the two biggest trophies on offer. We were having the same doubts we are having now and the same issues. "Oh they didn't buy him Messi", "Oh, his subs are too late", "Oh, he's overplaying the boys", "Oh, we were lucky to win that game", "Oh, team X is a real threat".

I'm not saying there's no merit to at least some of those points, just that handling every single one of them perfectly is practically speaking impossible. Things are currently going fine. Yes, the two long term CB injuries are really hurting us at both ends of the pitch but we're dealing with it. We won our CL group and we are still top of the table.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If we're no more than 7-8 points behind come mid February, we're fine - as in "we'll mount a good title challenge and I rate our chances of winning it".

teesred
3rd January 2021, 12:33 PM
"Absobloodyexactly" Bali.

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 12:51 PM
Jokes aside - take a look at last season and the season before. We had two wonderful years that culminated in the two biggest trophies on offer. We were having the same doubts we are having now and the same issues. "Oh they didn't buy him Messi", "Oh, his subs are too late", "Oh, he's overplaying the boys", "Oh, we were lucky to win that game", "Oh, team X is a real threat".

I'm not saying there's no merit to at least some of those points, just that handling every single one of them perfectly is practically speaking impossible. Things are currently going fine. Yes, the two long term CB injuries are really hurting us at both ends of the pitch but we're dealing with it. We won our CL group and we are still top of the table.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If we're no more than 7-8 points behind come mid February, we're fine - as in "we'll mount a good title challenge and I rate our chances of winning it".

Which team do you think could be 7 or 8 points ahead us by February?. They would all like to be in our position with the players we have and the manager too. But wanting to be in our position and getting there are two different things, more likely to be that many points ahead, than behind imo.

Balinkay
3rd January 2021, 01:11 PM
@sky

Basically anyone who puts together a decent run can be that far ahead I recon. Take United - if they beat us and we make a couple of dour draws and they keep getting soft decisions and opposition strikers who've forgotten how to hit a barn door (as they did against Villa) they can be there.

I doubt it, but it's possible. Spurs too.

Steveo
3rd January 2021, 03:47 PM
Maddison’s boots tho...?

Hot pink..!!

LEGS
3rd January 2021, 04:11 PM
I see Keys has angered the Utd lot by bringing up how many pens they get.

Shame he isnt on Sky again so people here can jump on his bandwagon.

justme
3rd January 2021, 04:13 PM
I just laughed at somewhere else. They referred to the Chelsea-Mancity game as the oil field derby :D

miller0863
3rd January 2021, 04:39 PM
Newcastle 0-1 Leicester
Maddison in his pink boots

miller0863
3rd January 2021, 04:53 PM
Newcastle 0-2 Leicester

miller0863
3rd January 2021, 05:00 PM
Ironically I’ve just fallen off my stool and injured myself
Newcastle 1-2 Leicester
A.Carroll

stevie harkness
3rd January 2021, 05:14 PM
Leicester firing a warning shot across Man Utd's bow as they get their title challenge back on track.

Crimson Dynasty
3rd January 2021, 05:21 PM
In today's episode of,... 'How the hell weren't we able to beat these?.....'

Another title rival nonchalantly picks up maximum points where we couldn't (and should have.)

miller0863
3rd January 2021, 05:38 PM
Timo Werner hasn’t scored for Chelsea in 11 games

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 05:45 PM
Not watching the game but who's city's goalie

Z Steffen ????

Who's playing upfront for them?

3underpar
3rd January 2021, 05:46 PM
Timo Werner hasn’t scored for Chelsea in 11 games

Safe to say he’s the biggest disappointment of the new transfers in the league this year, especially for the price. Havertz also. Hard to know how much is coaching compared to what they could get from Klopp.

3underpar
3rd January 2021, 05:48 PM
Poor defending, city 1-0

miller0863
3rd January 2021, 05:49 PM
Gundagon puts City 1-0 up at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea all over City in the opening 15 but didn’t score, you know what’s coming next in the Prem, particularly against the top sides.

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 05:50 PM
Arsenal will be on the same pts as chelsea soon

Chelsea being the contenders, and people talking about arsenal and relegation battle

lol..

Cancelo is class btw

3underpar
3rd January 2021, 05:51 PM
Repeat, Foden 2-0

miller0863
3rd January 2021, 05:52 PM
Suddenly it’s 2-0 on 20 minutes. Foden left unmarked in the Chelsea box as City break, Foden sweeps it in past Mendy’s near post.

Chelsea 0-2 City

LEGS
3rd January 2021, 05:52 PM
Lampard won’t last long if he doesn’t get at least a CL place.

City will win the league said it for ages and they are clicking now.

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 05:53 PM
Lampard won’t last long if he doesn’t get at least a CL place.

City will win the league said it for ages and they are clicking now.

Yes money wins

Pretty sure city would of signed 2 cbs already if they was us.

At least 1 last season after Lovren, and one even on loan or something / aging player on a short contract In jan

Wouldn't have injury prone or pure shite like shaqiri and origi sticking around either

They have a quality bench normally, and options we have injury galore and bang average apart from Jota there's a lack of depth in quality midfield is o.k when not injured, but apart from that, we have fk all

Crimson Dynasty
3rd January 2021, 05:54 PM
Safe to say he’s the biggest disappointment of the new transfers in the league this year, especially for the price. Havertz also. Hard to know how much is coaching compared to what they could get from Klopp.

......or it just could be the old conventional wisdom, that it normally takes players from other leagues in Europe (at least) a season to acclimatize to the Premier League, which as we all know is more demanding.

They have the talent (certainly in Werner's case where we've seen it); they will come good eventually.

You just have to get used to the pace and the physicality in this league which is nothing like the Bundesliga (or La Liga, or Serie A....)

I do think it was a bit short-sighted and silly to predicate their team-building this season on bringing in so many foreign players at the same time to go along with mostly low experienced youngsters.
You do need some Premier league veterans to go in with your mix of youth and talent.

And you've seen that a lot with Chelsea this season where no one seems to know what to do on the field when things start falling apart like they are now.

Getting down 2-0 to the Sheikhs in under 20 mins is not a good place to be.

justme
3rd January 2021, 05:54 PM
For the almost 300 million they they have spent. the get a 36 year old defender whos not use to defending in a proper league.. In France PSG dominate most of the games.

3underpar
3rd January 2021, 05:56 PM
The feel good for Chelsea Lampard reunion story has become awkwardly rocky. Spent a ton of money to stack his squad and their form is shit. He’s on thin ice but will probably survive the season. Could see him fired early next season though.

LEGS
3rd January 2021, 05:57 PM
Yes money wins

Pretty sure city would of signed 2 cbs already if they was us.

At least 1 last season after Lovren, and one even on loan or something / aging player on a short contract In jan

Wouldn't have injury prone or pure shite like shaqiri and origi sticking around either

Well they didn’t last season they stuck with a CM at the back.

They have a strong squad and hardly any injuries.

We not only have CBS out but Thiago has missed most of the season and our fringe players are injured like Greek.

I despise City but let’s face the facts it’s easier to stomach them winning the league than United.

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 05:58 PM

We not only have CBS out but Thiago has missed most of the season and our fringe players are injured like Greek.

I despise City but let’s face the facts it’s easier to stomach them winning the league than United.

Then they went and got Ake and Dias

They know what they needed, to close the gap again and did it

they was also very unlucky last season with injury's

I think they're missing 5 players due to corona today apparently

LEGS
3rd January 2021, 06:00 PM
Then they went and got Ake and Dias

They know what they needed, to close the gap again and did it

they was also very unlucky last season with injury's

They have endless funds which no other team does.

Injuries made no difference last season we absolutely destroyed the league won 27 of the first 29 they weren’t keeping up with us.

3underpar
3rd January 2021, 06:00 PM
......or it just could be the old conventional wisdom, that it normally takes players from other leagues in Europe (at least) a season to acclimatize to the Premier League, which as we all know is more demanding.

They have the talent (certainly in Werner's case where we've seen it); they will come good eventually.

You just have to get used to the pace and the physicality in this league which is nothing like the Bundesliga (or La Liga, or Serie A....)

I do think it was a bit short-sighted and silly to predicate their team-building this season on bringing in so many foreign players at the same time to go along with mostly low experienced youngsters.
You do need some Premier league veterans to go in with your mix of youth and talent.

And you've seen that a lot with Chelsea this season where no one seems to know what to do on the field when things start falling apart like they are now.

Getting down 2-0 to the Sheikhs in under 20 mins is not a good place to be.

Agree. Also shows how maybe coming to a place like Liverpool and coming off the bench for a while instead of being the big signing starting immediately could have helped his form. He’s quality but just spending money doesn’t guarantee immediate results like many fans expect.

Crimson Dynasty
3rd January 2021, 06:01 PM
The feel good for Chelsea Lampard reunion story has become awkwardly rocky. Spent a ton of money to stack his squad and their form is shit. He’s on thin ice but will probably survive the season. Could see him fired early next season though.

If they don't get a Champions League qualification spot at least, he'll get fired in the summer.
Roman didn't splunk all that money to go play in the Europa League.
Club legend or not, heads will roll.

And we all know no one changes managers like Abramovich does.
Let's not forget that WINNING the Champions League did save the job for Di Matteo.
Was promptly fired before the plane had even landed back.

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 06:02 PM

Injuries made no difference last season we absolutely destroyed the league won 27 of the first 29 they weren’t keeping up with us.

if we had owners that spent as much as on Everton we'd win the league for the next 3-4 seasons at least.

because we'd actually get the few players we really need.

like I said last night, big risk of going backwards sadly

Enjoy it while it lasts I suppose.

justme
3rd January 2021, 06:02 PM

This current pandemic. their owners will pay off the loss in revenue due to lack of fans in the ground.. Millions every game that's lost.
Only them and Chelsea will be able to do it. Other clubs have to pay for out of the club own revenue.

justme
3rd January 2021, 06:04 PM
if we had owners that spent as much as on Everton we'd win the league for the next 3-4 seasons at least.

Why havent Everton not even finished in the top 4?? and i doubt they will this season either.

3underpar
3rd January 2021, 06:05 PM
If City win the league this season it will be because they played the least shit of everyone, not because they are playing exceptionally well. Everyone is in a rough spot with the virus, no fans, etc. The injuries to our squad will be our ultimate demise if we don’t rebound.

City 0-3

Chelsea a shambles

Kev0909
Why havent Everton not even finished in the top 4?? and i doubt they will this season either.

give them time, they still need more players than what they started with

you can only polish a turd so much

they're not going to do it in one season

few more seasons if they carry on spending how they're doing somehow, I fully expect them to be close to us

LEGS

like I said last night, big risk of going backwards sadly

Doesn’t work like that look at Chelsea.

It’s not about the amount you spend it’s who you buy.

I knew the moment we started to slip fans would start moaning and some of the same fans are the ones laughing at people on “Blue Loon”

Why anyone would read on rival teams forums about us is beyond me hardly going to be lauding us.

justme
3rd January 2021, 06:06 PM
give them time, they still need more players than what they started with

you can only polish a turd so much

Give them time? who they going to over take?? the top 4 in the next 4/5 years??

Crimson Dynasty
3rd January 2021, 06:06 PM
Agree. Also shows how maybe coming to a place like Liverpool and coming off the bench for a while instead of being the big signing starting immediately could have helped his form. He’s quality but just spending money doesn’t guarantee immediate results like many fans expect.

This.

I've always argued that if he'd come to us (and assuming it would be in Jota's place instead), he'd not be a starter and would most likely be coming in from the bench initially, thus allowing him to ease into the premier league style and pace of play, while not having all the pressure of being the big money signing coming to save the club.

Also Klopp being a fellow German (along with a few other Germans in our backroom and general staff) might have helped him a bit more in this regard with settling down easier.

3-0 after a Sterling breakaway, comedy defending by Chelsea and a De Bruyne easy tap in, in the ensuing confusion.

If Russian Oil FC are not careful, this could get ugly real quick.

miller0863
3rd January 2021, 06:07 PM
De Bruyne makes it 3-0 on the counter.

Sterling with a clear run on goal from 10 yards inside his own half, eventually after much fannying around he hits the post with De Bruyne putting in the rebound.

Chelsea 0-3 Man City

Chelsea’s defending is laughable

southernboy

... or Spurs and Chelsea. I’m not sure I’d even feel better if Leicester won it. I’m completely indifferent to the blue mancs.

Haha. Chelsea got away with it time after time before it was finally put in the net.

3underpar
If they don't get a Champions League qualification spot at least, he'll get fired in the summer.
Roman didn't splunk all that money to go play in the Europa League.
Club legend or not, heads will roll.

And we all know no one changes managers like Abramovich does.
Let's not forget that WINNING the Champions League did save the job for Di Matteo.
Was promptly fired before the plane had even landed back.

The only reason I say he survives this season if I can’t think of a replacement available. Otherwise it could be in the spring this year.

justme
3rd January 2021, 06:12 PM
Chelsea have tried to push forward and press the ball higher.. they keep getting caught in the midfield at the back. Its similar to the first half against Fulham for us. Moronhino got pelters when managed chelsea and they were defensive. It won them the title though.. If your gonna press the ball.you gotta get it right. Otherwise your wide open

Crimson Dynasty
3rd January 2021, 06:12 PM
The only reason I say he survives this season if I can’t think of a replacement available. Otherwise it could be in the spring this year.

For certain.
There'll be plenty of options for replacements in the summer.

Even now, if they really wanted to, you could have the likes of Allegri, Tuchel...
The only thing that's keeping Lamps on the job and will keep him until the summer anyway, is that he's a 'club legend'
Drop out of all contention for any meaningful silverware by Season's end, and even that's not going to save his neck.

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 06:13 PM

Yeah and luckily we normally get that right, otherwise we'd be fucked

Lampard is the problem at chelsea, you'll see, don't judge them players already.

Dias and fernades best sigings by the MANC clubs that have made a huge difference

Everton have been better when the new signings have been fit at least, and played a lot better football like it or not, compared to previous years I mean they're only 4 pts behind us ffs

We're not the only club to get things right, we do it more often otherwise we'd be fighting to get into the top4

People are deluded thinking we're miles better due to last season and in reality we're not, especially when are owners don't spend much money at all compared to the others, going to catch up eventually, and now it has

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 06:15 PM

I knew the moment we started to slip fans would start moaning and some of the same fans are the ones laughing at people on “Blue Loon”

Why anyone would read on rival teams forums about us is beyond me hardly going to be lauding us.

Spot On.

Crimson Dynasty
3rd January 2021, 06:16 PM
Chelsea have tried to push forward and press the ball higher.. they keep getting caught in the midfield at the back. Its similar to the first half against Fulham for us. Moronhino got pelters when managed chelsea and they were defensive. It won them the title though.. If your gonna press the ball.you gotta get it right. Otherwise your wide open

They don't have a midfield.
They're easy to cut through once they lose the ball (which happens a lot).

Kante is not the player he was from a couple of seasons ago, and they've been really lacking for a Claude Makelele-type of midfield destroyer who gave them that spine and steel in the middle.

LEGS
3rd January 2021, 06:17 PM
Yeah and luckily we normally get that right, otherwise we'd be fucked

Lampard is the problem at chelsea, you'll see, don't judge them players already.

Dias and fernades best sigings by the MANC clubs that have made a huge difference

Everton have been better when the new signings have been fit at least, and played a lot better football like it or not, compared to previous years I mean they're only 4 pts behind us ffs

We're not the only club to get things right, we do it more often otherwise we'd be fighting to get into the top4

Yes Lampard is the issue I mean he dropped the only bloke who scores Giroud.

As for Everton they are doing what they are expected to do finish around 6-8th but again they have a good manager.

One thing with Everton is most of the signings are not exactly young so they will need to buy again soon how much money can they chuck at it before the owners work out they won’t win shit.

southernboy
3rd January 2021, 06:18 PM
Chelsea fans on Twitter saying Roman needs to give frank some money to get some players in the January window. Unbelievable.

Crimson Dynasty
3rd January 2021, 06:19 PM
Chelsea fans on Twitter saying Roman needs to give frank some money to get some players in the January window. Unbelievable.

When you're a club weaned on, "Money solves everything",....what else do you expect?

Balinkay
3rd January 2021, 06:19 PM
Not watching the game but who's city's goalie

Z Steffen ????

Who's playing upfront for them?

I think he's a really promising American and played in some decent Bundeslinga side last year. But kill me I have no idea which.

Balinkay
3rd January 2021, 06:20 PM
Also Lamps won't last 'till summer at this rate.

He'll get moved on to make way for Tuchel.

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 06:23 PM

If that was anyone else, they'd be calling for him to be sacked.

3underpar
3rd January 2021, 06:23 PM
I think he's a really promising American and played in some decent Bundeslinga side last year. But kill me I have no idea which.

City bought him a couple years ago from MLS then loaned him to Düsseldorf last season.

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 06:24 PM
Aguero isn't even playing, what a piss take

southernboy
3rd January 2021, 06:25 PM
If that was anyone else, they'd be calling for him to be sacked.

There’s a fair amount of that as well!

3underpar
3rd January 2021, 06:26 PM
Lampard’s situation right now is the fear a lot of us would have if Stevie was the successor to Klopp. Expectations are intense and who wants to fire a club legend? Been there done that with the King.

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 06:27 PM
Lampard’s situation right now is the fear a lot of us would have if Stevie was the successor to Klopp. Expectations are intense and who wants to fire a club legend? Been there done that with the King.

Bit different situations with both, but I get your point

Crimson Dynasty
3rd January 2021, 06:27 PM
Somewhere Kepa is having himself a bit of a satisfied laugh.

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 06:28 PM
There’s a fair amount of that as well!

No surprise mate. He's at the wrong club to be given a decent amount of time, or should i say, he has the wrong chairman.

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 06:31 PM
he didn't do to bad at Derby when you look at how they're doing now

Different level yes but he can't be completely useless

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 06:34 PM
he didn't do to bad at Derby when you look at how they're doing now

Different level yes but he can't be completely useless

He got them to the play off final. He may still be there if Chelsea hadn't have sacked Sarri.

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 06:36 PM
He got them to the play off final. He may still be there if Chelsea hadn't have sacked Sarri.

Indeed, maybe the players had more respect for him, or too many egos at chelsea or something?

3underpar
3rd January 2021, 06:43 PM
Great save Mendy

miller0863
3rd January 2021, 06:46 PM
H/T
Bayern 0-2 Mainz

southernboy
3rd January 2021, 07:11 PM
Crap second half.

Insidious
3rd January 2021, 07:12 PM

And Lampard arguably (and it IS arguable, can appreciate both sides of the argument) had a "trickier" route in terms of taking a Championship side (notoriously several sides compete) versus joining a League typically associated with a two-Horse race.

I think Frank needed a job in-between those two levels rather than making a direct jump - in just the same way I'd like to see Stevie do well with somebody like Newcastle or a promoted Nottingham Forest or whatever if he is to ever get the Liverpool job, rather than straight from Rangers to Liverpool.

faridtoxteth
3rd January 2021, 07:14 PM
For all the talk of Utd's title challenge, you've never seen them play at the level city are playing at today. Not since ferguson era anyway. Which is why i was hoping Chelsea would get something from this game.

Steveo
3rd January 2021, 07:24 PM
Chelsea - at home and just 1 shot on goal - when the game was at 90 mins

1:3 FT

Insidious
3rd January 2021, 07:25 PM
TiTlE cHaLlEnGeRs

southernboy
3rd January 2021, 07:30 PM
I still wouldn’t right off Lampard at Chelsea. It’s a strange season for so many reasons, it’s hard to put together a full picture. He’s got the players, he just needs more time. I’m not sure what their ambitions are for this season, but I would imagine a top four finish would be adequate.

We are all very critical of clubs that chop and change their managers all the time. I suspect even Roman will be patient for this season at least.

Crimson Dynasty
3rd January 2021, 07:41 PM
And Lampard arguably (and it IS arguable, can appreciate both sides of the argument) had a "trickier" route in terms of taking a Championship side (notoriously several sides compete) versus joining a League typically associated with a two-Horse race.

I think Frank needed a job in-between those two levels rather than making a direct jump - in just the same way I'd like to see Stevie do well with somebody like Newcastle or a promoted Nottingham Forest or whatever if he is to ever get the Liverpool job, rather than straight from Rangers to Liverpool.

The Scottish league wasn't a two Horse race when Stevie joined them.

Rangers had just barely been re-promoted back from their forced demotion to the second tier, and Celtic had been dominating that league for effectively a decade (they'll likely fall short of 10 consecutive titles this year).

So in essence, it really was a one team league, and Stevie had to rebuild Rangers to not just be a contender again, but to back to where they were a perennial challenger to Celtic's dominance.

And it seems like this year they will win it with the sort of margin that we had at times last year - with no games lost and only 5 goals conceded. (even we weren't that good in the league last year before the shutdown).

I still believe Stevie's real test will be how far he can take them in the Europa league.
If he can take them to the latter stages (semi-finals or finals, minimum) or possibly even win it (which even Celtic never managed to do in their decade of dominance) then maybe we can have a conversation about whether he's ready for the next step).

If he can even pad that by taking them out of the group stages in the Champions' League, then I'll argue he's more than ready to take over for Klopp, if Klopp decides he doesn't want to go beyond 2024.
If nothing else, there's the fact that his Rangers team plays in a very......how shall we say?....."Klopp-esque" style of football (without the defensive steel, which I feel he still needs to develop a solid defensive philosophy for his team), which would fit right well for someone taking over a Klopp team.

I'd be convinced in Lampard's case if he'd actually brought Derby up.

Balinkay
3rd January 2021, 07:43 PM
H/T
Bayern 0-2 Mainz

Er.... it's 5-2 now. :D Fucking Bayern.

fagin
3rd January 2021, 07:43 PM
Because i hear so much on the site how every other team buys at will and basically fans on hear think of us as the poor team under FSG.I googled the top 10 most expensive squads in prem league at present:
It gives the top 10 clubs with
ManCity #1 @ 1.014billion
ManUtd #2 @ 751million
LFC #3 @ 639million
Chelsea #4 @ 561million
Arsenal #5 @498milliom
Everton #6 @486million
Spurs #7 @465million
Leicester #8 @312million
West Ham #9 @259million
Newcastle #10 @227million
Cost is in Euros not Pounds. These were the costs to put each team together as of up to date

Crimson Dynasty
3rd January 2021, 07:45 PM

Speaking of One-team leagues........

fagin
3rd January 2021, 07:47 PM
The Scottish league wasn't a two Horse race when Stevie joined them.

Rangers had just barely been re-promoted back from their forced demotion to the second tier, and Celtic had been dominating that league for effectively a decade (they'll likely fall short of 10 consecutive titles this year).

So in essence, it really was a one team league, and Stevie had to rebuild Rangers to not just be a contender again, but to back to where they were a perennial challenger to Celtic's dominance.

And it seems like this year they will win it with the sort of margin that we had at times last year - with no games lost and only 5 goals conceded. (even we weren't that good in the league last year before the shutdown).

I still believe Stevie's real test will be how far he can take them in the Europa league.
If he can take them to the latter stages (semi-finals or finals, minimum) or possibly even win it (which even Celtic never managed to do in their decade of dominance) then maybe we can have a conversation about whether he's ready for the next step).

If he can even pad that by taking them out of the group stages in the Champions' League, then I'll argue he's more than ready to take over for Klopp, if Klopp decides he doesn't want to go beyond 2024.
If nothing else, there's the fact that his Rangers team plays in a very......how shall we say?....."Klopp-esque" style of football (without the defensive steel, which I feel he still needs to develop a solid defensive philosophy for his team), which would fit right well for someone taking over a Klopp team.

I'd be convinced in Lampard's case if he'd actually brought Derby up.

Rangers are only Championship level though same as the rest of the Scottish league

Steveo
3rd January 2021, 07:48 PM

They are unerringly good - thank the lord that Kovac was managing them last time we played them. .

Poor Mainz... 2 up at HT... Then smashed for 5!!

faridtoxteth
3rd January 2021, 07:48 PM
But that list doesn't take into account that we sold coutinho in order to pay for VVD and Alison, for example.

fagin
3rd January 2021, 07:50 PM
But that list doesn't take into account that we sold coutinho in order to pay for VVD and Alison, for example.

I understand your point BUT the same applies to the other 9 teams in the list.The amounts are clearly what each team cost to put together

RedNoodle
3rd January 2021, 07:55 PM
Because i hear so much on the site how every other team buys at will and basically fans on hear think of us as the poor team under FSG.I googled the top 10 most expensive squads in prem league at present:
It gives the top 10 clubs with
ManCity #1 @ 1.014billion
ManUtd #2 @ 751million
LFC #3 @ 639million
Chelsea #4 @ 561million
Arsenal #5 @498milliom
Everton #6 @486million
Spurs #7 @465million
Leicester #8 @312million
West Ham #9 @259million
Newcastle #10 @227million
Cost is in Euros not Pounds. These were the costs to put each team together as of up to date

That is very simplistic. How about mentioning how these players have been bought i.e. how many of these teams had to sell to buy.

We have 'spent' the FOURTEENTH most in the PL over the last five years.

Nuff said.

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 07:58 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/136055804_1827616807396891_561784426083509237_n.pn g?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=IUNxvFp5e_UAX-1C0G2&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=ee94629b491103ecd4d6ec589440185a&oe=60171E5D

another 400m pls

fagin
3rd January 2021, 07:59 PM
That is very simplistic. How about mentioning how these players have been bought i.e. how many of these teams had to sell to buy.

Nuff said.

I only found the Facts i printed though

Crimson Dynasty
3rd January 2021, 07:59 PM
Rangers are only Championship level though same as the rest of the Scottish league

Which is why I said his real test will be Europa League and taking them far in the Champions League.
Winning the SPL is a minimum.

You can only win what you're in.

Balinkay
3rd January 2021, 08:00 PM

Nuff said.

On transfers. On wages we're currently spending about as much as United and City.

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 08:04 PM
On transfers. On wages we're currently spending about as much as United and City.

Half the wages is spent on players that don't play more than 6 games

that's the beautiful thing good init

Crimson Dynasty
3rd January 2021, 08:04 PM

We didn't though (at least not in VvD's case).

Aside from the fact that we bought Virgil before we sold Coutinho, there's also the fact that needs reminding whenever people argue that,.....".... we knew we were going to sell Coutinho and get that money"......that we actually tried to buy Virgil the summer before,(when we got slapped by the league for tapping him up at Soutthampton). At that point we didn't know we were going to sell Coutinho, much less get 145 Million for him.

The club had been planning on bringing in Virgil from as far back as the end of the previous season, long before the Coutinho-to-Barcelona rumours ever started.
Which means the money to get him was already there and buying him wasn't contingent on selling anyone and getting the funds that way.

Arguably the Coutinho funds allowed us to get Allison and Fabinho, who both came in the transfer window that followed Coutinho's departure.

RedNoodle
3rd January 2021, 08:07 PM

Which has been more than offset by us having spent the FOURTEENTH most in the PL over the last FIVE (not one) years. Yet again, we are the FIFTH richest club in the world. We can afford to be near to/at the the top of the tree on both counts.

Also if you believe the figures Man City provide as to the wages they pay, as opposed to what their players actually receive, you need to give your head a wobble.

fagin
3rd January 2021, 08:07 PM
Interesting positioning for the 18/19 season in top 20 teams:

https://www.90min.com/posts/6150916

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 08:10 PM
Which has been more than offset by us having spent the FOURTEENTH most in the PL over the last FIVE (not one) years. Yet again, we are the FIFTH richest club in the world. We can afford to be near to/at the the top of the tree on both counts.

Also if you believe the figures Man City provide as to the wages they pay, as opposed to what their players actually receive, you need to give your head a wobble.

How do you know our wages are accurate, or indeed anybody's ?

CCTV
3rd January 2021, 08:11 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/136055804_1827616807396891_561784426083509237_n.pn g?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=IUNxvFp5e_UAX-1C0G2&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=ee94629b491103ecd4d6ec589440185a&oe=60171E5D

another 400m pls

Fat Frank got tanked today

fagin
3rd January 2021, 08:12 PM
Which is why I said his real test will be Europa League and taking them far in the Champions League.
Winning the SPL is a minimum.

You can only win what you're in.

I wasnt knocking what you said but when i have read on here that Stevie is a shoe in after Klopp it makes a person roll their eyes

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 08:12 PM
Interesting positioning for the 18/19 season in top 20 teams:

https://www.90min.com/posts/6150916

What does this prove?

Crimson Dynasty
3rd January 2021, 08:13 PM

That's an estimation of our perceived wealth or more accurately our "worth" and value, rather than an accounting of what we have to spend (cash-in-hand, revenue).

You may be worth 2 Billion GBP according to most estimates, but that doesn't mean you have even half of that to spend or as revenue.

It's different to the likes of the Shiekhs and oil clubs whose value and worth is almost always a direct correlation to what they CAN spend.

All of which is to say that, we have to live within our means.
They don't.

And we're also no different to City in terms of what our own players actually receive versus their reported wages.
You think those endorsement deals that the likes of Salah or Mane or even Fabinho's Adidas deal doesn't count to what they actually get?
All clubs structure their player deals this way.
Not just the rich clubs.

Balinkay
3rd January 2021, 08:17 PM

Nope. Us spending the 14th most gets offset by the high wages we pay. See, it works both ways. :D

We've discussed the figures before - the clubs spends money it makes and the owners haven't taken a penny out of it iirc. I'm sure CC will correct me on that one, but that's how the figures looked when we last discussed them on here in early fall.

fagin
3rd January 2021, 08:18 PM
What does this prove?

It was just another set of statistics following my current list of what the top 10 current clubs paid to assemble their squads.It also highlights that LFC havent just started spending

miller0863
3rd January 2021, 08:26 PM
One thing it proves is our players had done well and pretty much all increased their value, whereas Man Utd’s players were underperforming so valued at less.
Those figures were not what was paid, it was what they were valued at to sell.

RedNoodle
3rd January 2021, 08:26 PM
How do you know our wages are accurate, or indeed anybody's ?

How do you or anyone know that we aren't a computer simulation running from a computer sitting on someone's table?

You don't. However you do the best with what information/evidence is available to you. With that being the case you would assume that the figures we release are accurate. Doing otherwise is illegal, and it would have serious ramifications not only for our players, but for our owners who are serious business people. That wouldn't go down well with their investors.

Contrast that with Man City's owners who we all know are shady as ****, and are using Man City as a vanity piece and a sportswashing vehicle.

On top of that I've already mentioned that we have the FOURTEENTH highest net spend over the last FIVE years in the PL. Don't you think that based on that evidence alone, if FSG were going to misrepresent how much our wage bill was they would provide/manufacture a much lower one, rather than one which is near or at the top as Fagin mentioned and will mean a huge tax bill? Logic says that would definitely be the case.

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 08:27 PM
One thing it proves is our players had done well and pretty much all increased their value, whereas Man Utd’s players were underperforming so valued at less.
Those figures were not what was paid, it was what they were valued at to sell.

Exactly doesn't mean we've spent anywhere near as others, not that it matters (unless we can't even get a needed CB in)

but you know, fuck it there's more important things going on

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 08:31 PM
How do you or anyone know that we aren't a computer simulation running from a computer sitting on someone's table?

You don't. However you do the best with what information/evidence is available to you. With that being the case you would assume that the figures we release are accurate. Doing otherwise is illegal, and it would have serious ramifications not only for our players, but for our owners who are serious business people. That wouldn't go down well with their investors.

Contrast that with Man City's owners who we all know are shady as ****, and are using Man City as a vanity piece and a sportswashing vehicle.

On top of that I've already mentioned that we have the FOURTEENTH highest net spend over the last FIVE years in the PL. Don't you think that based on that evidence alone, if FSG were going to misrepresent how much our wage bill was they would provide/manufacture a much lower one, rather than one which is near or at the top as Fagin mentioned and will mean a huge tax bill? Logic says that would definitely be the case.

All businessmen or women know how to cook the books. Football chairmen of any club are no different. And no-one would be worried about what City were up to if they were a mid table club. Like their fans wouldn't worry about us if we weren't a threat on the field.

Balinkay
3rd January 2021, 08:35 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Noods on this one sky.

Whereas our owner's goal is to essentially make money off the club, the Arabs' goal with City is to sportswash their image. Money doesn't matter to them. It stands to reason that if anyone's cooking their books, it's not FSG.

RedNoodle
3rd January 2021, 08:35 PM
All businessmen or women know how to cook the books. Football chairmen of any club are no different.

What about my last point. Would FSG provide a high or low wage bill if they were 'cooking the books', especially given their reluctance to open up their chequebook? I think we both know the answer to that question.

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 08:45 PM
What about my last point. Would FSG provide a high or low wage bill if they were 'cooking the books', especially given their reluctance to open up their chequebook? I think we both know the answer to that question.

You and a few others think they are reluctant to spend money, others don't agree with that. All 3 managers have had sizeable funds to spend, if that money was spent on the wrong players, that's down to the managers not the owners. When was the last time Klopp went in for a player that he couldn't get ?. Forget about players sold on, because all clubs sell players too.

Kev0909
3rd January 2021, 08:47 PM
You and a few others think they are reluctant to spend money, others don't agree with that. All 3 managers have had sizeable funds to spend, if that money was spent on the wrong players, that's down to the managers not the owners. When was the last time Klopp went in for a player that he couldn't get ?. Forget about players sold on, because all clubs sell players too.

if they aren't reluctant to spend money

Why is fabinho playing at CB?

Why do we know the record of injury's of matip/gomez we know what could happen.... yet don't bring anyone in and risk this, it's our fault we're in this position, we've risked having a smaller squad, yet we have a bunch of dossers that aren't good enough or injured all the time sitting around getting paid- YET WE CAN'T BUY A CB

ok makes no sense to me, any other owners would spend to make sure they'd stay on top, and not even risk it, doesn't even have to be a expensive signing someone that can just do a fucking job and a bit of experience at least

If we have to ship some of the players that don't get a game even off the bench after we're out of the fa cup v villa and get a CB in that way if we're that broke jeeze

Let's just forget about the title and getting anywhere in the champions league then no problem

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 08:55 PM
if they aren't reluctant to spend money

Why is fabinho playing at CB?

Why do we know the record of injury's of matip/gomez we know what could happen.... yet don't bring anyone in and risk this, it's our fault we're in this position, we've risked having a smaller squad, yet we have a bunch of dossers that aren't good enough or injured all the time sitting around getting paid- YET WE CAN'T BUY A CB

ok makes no sense to me, any other owners would spend to make sure they'd stay on top, and not even risk it, doesn't even have to be a expensive signing someone that can just do a fucking job and a bit of experience at least

If we have to ship some of the players that don't get a game even off the bench after we're out of the fa cup v villa and get a CB in that way if we're that broke jeeze

At the start of the season we had enough cover at centre back, that's without shifting Fabinho. We will see what happens this month, no doubt the owners will get blamed if no-one is brought in, when it could be down to Klopp wanting to promote a youngster instead. The owners make mistakes, but Klopp does too.

RedNoodle
3rd January 2021, 09:01 PM

The difference is that I and others have provided (as much as they can be) figures/information that backs up what we say e.g. being the fifth richest club in the world, yet only have the fourteenth highest net spend in the PL (not even the world). That on it's own suggests that we are correct.

Spending money is not the only/main factor when assessing how good a set of owners are when it comes to backing their manager. We could spend £300m, but that's not going to reflect quite as well on FSG if we have to sell VVD, Salah and Mane to raise those funds. It would be like a kids parents telling him he can have a Playstation 5 for his birthday, but he's going to have to sell his bike, mobile phone, and his dog in order to get it.

Is he going to be as thankful? I think not.

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 09:06 PM
The difference is that I and others have provided (as much as they can be) figures/information that backs up what we say e.g. being the fifth richest club in the world, yet only have the fourteenth highest net spend in the PL (not even the world). That on it's own suggests that we are correct.

Spending money is not the only/main factor when assessing how good a set of owners are when it comes to backing their manager. We could spend £300m, but that's not going to reflect quite as well on FSG if we have to sell VVD, Salah and Mane to raise those funds. It would be like a kids parents telling him he can have a Playstation 5 for his birthday, but he's going to have to sell his bike, mobile phone, and his dog. Is he going to think as much of his parents? I think not.

It's easy to speculate how much you could spend using someone else's money. Maybe you and a few others would see things differently if you were spending your own.

RedNoodle
3rd January 2021, 09:12 PM
It's easy to speculate how much you could spend using someone else's money. Maybe you and a few others would see things differently if you were spending your own.

Yes it is easy to speculate based on our relative position to other teams and their level of wealth.

I won't mention our position of wealth and how much we've spent relative to those in our league again, but you get the idea.

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 09:16 PM
Yes it is easy to speculate based on our relative position to other teams and their level of wealth.

I won't mention our position of wealth and how much we've spent relative to those in our league again, but you get the idea.

And what trophies are these clubs winning. The ones who are less wealthy but spending more than us.

RedNoodle
3rd January 2021, 09:19 PM
And what trophies are these clubs winning. The ones who are less wealthy but spending more than us.

What has that got to do with anything? I'm not concerned with what they are doing, only what we are, or in our case aren't doing.

We've won the trophies we have largely because of Klopp. I doubt we would have won either of them under any other manager given the financial constraints he has been/is under.

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 09:23 PM
What has that got to do with anything? I'm not concerned with what they are doing, only what we are, or in our case aren't doing.

We've won the trophies we have largely because of Klopp. I doubt we would have won either of them under any other manager given the financial constraints he has been/is under.

You brought other clubs into it, that's why i replied.

RedNoodle
3rd January 2021, 09:27 PM
You brought other clubs into it, that's why i replied.

Yes in regards to how much they have spent relative to us. Not in regards to how well (or not) they have used that money.

skyebo
3rd January 2021, 09:34 PM
Yes in regards to how much they have spent relative to us. Not in regards to how well (or not) they have used that money.

Which goes back to my original point from a thread months and months ago. It isn't how much you spend, it's how wisely you spend it.

RedNoodle
3rd January 2021, 09:40 PM
Which goes back to my original point from a thread months and months ago. It isn't how much you spend, it's how wisely you spend it.

That only matters so much. Klopp and/or our scouts are only mortals. They cannot/will not keep coming up with miracles and being able to work on a 'limited' (for us/them) budget. That is one of the reasons Dortmund started coming unstuck. He kept having players sold under him, whilst also having to work/win things on a budget (something that has/is happening to him now, which imho is why FSG hired him). That is not a viable long term strategy for a team looking to win the big prizes on a consistent basis, especially when you are competing with the likes of Man City, Man U, Chelsea, PSG, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

You also have to factor in the way that Klopp plays. Something that also played a part in why things went south with Dortmund, and will quite possibly go the same way with us (we're already having issues) if we don't keep refreshing/beefing up our squad.

RedNoodle
3rd January 2021, 11:44 PM
Just watching highlights of the Chelsea v Man city game, and as usual they are ****ing themselves silly over Man City and KDB in particular, despite one, if not two of their goals coming about in the 'usual fashion' (one of them via a Chelsea mistake) and KDB missing a chance that I'd be peed off to miss, even when my health was even worse than usual.

Chelsea being pretty poor given how much they've spent, combined with teams still not stopping Man City from getting the ball out wide for someone to play a low ball into the box for someone to put in from a couple of yards in front of the goal is why Man City are winning games and rising up the table. They and KDB are certainly not currently playing football worthy of 'painting' the tv/radio/news studio.

justme
4th January 2021, 12:10 AM
When it comes to spending big money. I just dont want to miss out on a real quality player that will win you more games.