PDA

View Full Version : Your team v Villa (FA Cup 3rd round)

Insidious
4th January 2021, 10:52 PM
Due to how I copy/paste my lay-out for these threads, they take about 30-45 seconds to make. Unless I type a bit.

So I'll "sacrifice" a minute or two of watching the awful performance against Southampton here to make this - as it's a game I definitely have zero interest in dwelling on. It was awful, we were awful, Trent was awful but for a couple of passes, Ox was poor, Thiago was sloppy first half (as was everyone) and Hendo isn't a centre-back. I don't need to dwell on that for an hour.

Now - the FA Cup - I'd rather play youth/fringe and focus on trying to get a result against United (which looks difficult now) and dig in so we can try to get some form before Europe.

..........................Kelleher

N Williams...R Williams...Phillips..Milner

.......................Henderson

...............Ox..............Jones

...Shaqiri..........Origi.....Minamino

If we somehow win the game, fine, we progress. But I'd like to risk as few of our starting XI as possible quite frankly, looking towards the rest of the League and European campaign.

Oink.

Kev0909
4th January 2021, 10:56 PM
these lot don't deserve a rest

don't give a shit we can try win the fa cup instead

Fuck em

play all them wankers

maybe williams at CB instead of henderson and a actual midfield that's somewhat fit and not been out for ages

Nineteenx
4th January 2021, 10:57 PM
Kelleher

Neco R.Williams Phillips Tsimikas

Shaqiri Milner Jones

Minamino Origi Oxlade

Insidious
4th January 2021, 11:00 PM
Tsimikas isn't available Nineteen. Unfortunately.

CCTV
4th January 2021, 11:06 PM
I'd play kids and if I've never heard of them, the better.
Fook this game off and sort ourselves out for the pl and cl

Kev0909
4th January 2021, 11:09 PM
I'd play kids and if I've never heard of them, the better.
Fook this game off and sort ourselves out for the pl and cl

Only cup we have a chance of getting lol

skyebo
4th January 2021, 11:12 PM
Kelleher
Williams N
Williams R
Phillips
Milner
Jones
Henderson
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Minamino
Origi
Shaqiri

Insidious
4th January 2021, 11:13 PM
Only cup we have a chance of getting lol

The quarter-finals of the Champion's League are scheduled for 6th/7th of April and 13th/14th of April.

As infuriating as our current wobble is, if we can navigate our way through the last-16, even if we ride our luck a bit, it's a loooong way away in the Footballing World in terms of finding form, rhythm and solutions.

RedNoodle
4th January 2021, 11:17 PM
Who cares? Knowing Klopp he'll play a number of key players and at least one of them will pick up an injury putting them out for at least a couple of months.

Can anyone tell I'm peed off?

Kev0909
4th January 2021, 11:18 PM
Who cares? Knowing Klopp he'll play a number of key players and at least one of them will pick up an injury putting them out for at least a couple of months.

Can anyone tell I'm peed off?

At least the champions league game was COMPLETELY POINTLESS

would be a good game for thiago and ox to get some match fitness.... tbf

Oh wait..

Kop On Portugal
4th January 2021, 11:18 PM
Kids!! I don't care. Please No Arnold and Salah please

stevie harkness
4th January 2021, 11:33 PM
Play the kids while the first team get a nice warm weather break somewhere...

RedNoodle
4th January 2021, 11:35 PM

Every time we go off for such a break we come back and play like they've been working down a coal mine for a week. Given the way we've been playing recently, I don't fancy us getting spanked by the Mancs.

Nineteenx
4th January 2021, 11:45 PM

Play the kids while the first team spend the whole week on the training pitch working on the quick quality switches of play we saw Leipzig absolutely devastate the filthy with and working on the Robbo, Mane and Wijnaldum triangle to play around Wan Bissaka as he's brilliant one v one, but with even 2 players to play off one another around him with quick give and goes and no-one to go one v one against he's a fucking calamity, even try Mane running him more central to release Robbo wide as they are liekly to try and keep him tight to Mane fouling him all game as we've seen defenders do all game for the last four games

Insidious
5th January 2021, 12:19 AM
Every time we go off for such a break we come back and play like they've been working down a coal mine for a week. Given the way we've been playing recently, I don't fancy us getting spanked by the Mancs.

A trip to the Arctic it is.

RedNoodle
5th January 2021, 12:22 AM

I know we're not good to watch Sid, but don't you think that's a bit drastic? Just turn your tv/computer/tablet off.

Insidious
5th January 2021, 12:28 AM
I know we're not good to watch Sid, but don't you think that's a bit drastic? Just turn your tv/computer/tablet off.

Very good :lol:

miller0863
5th January 2021, 12:47 AM
Well I couldn’t give less of a fuck about this result.
If Jurgen and his team think they should try and get some rhythm going and play through the poor form or work through it on the training ground.

These players are supremely talented winners, going through a really poor period. Let’s hope they can pull out of their nose dive before the season is a write off.

Steveo
5th January 2021, 12:51 AM
Let’s take another smashing at Villa Park... Might be character building.

Not sure what the aggregate score from our last two is there but might be fun to make it a nice even 20 conceded in 3 games. :D

CCTV
5th January 2021, 12:53 AM

Waters cold enough on merseyside, fook them in off a pier and wimhoff some life back into their souls

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 12:54 AM

Not sure what the aggregate score from our last two is there but might be fun to make it a nice even 20 conceded in 3 games. :D

Let's aim for 10

Play Origi at CB, try somit new init like henderson

Phillips up top

miller0863
5th January 2021, 12:55 AM
Put the glass down now Kev eh ?

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 12:58 AM
Put the glass down now Kev eh ?

No i'm smashing it on my fucking head

reddownunder
5th January 2021, 01:00 AM
Kelleher
N Williams R Williams Phillips Milner
Ox Clarkson Jones
Shaq Origi Minamino

miller0863
5th January 2021, 01:01 AM
I’m celebrating the furlough with a second glass of Monkey Shoulder personally

CCTV
5th January 2021, 01:05 AM

12-2 7-2 in the league & 5-0 in the cup

dont think anyone cared too much when the kids lost, could be more character building for them.

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 01:08 AM
I’m celebrating the furlough with a second glass of Monkey Shoulder personally

Lucky you I can't afford aldi's version of dark fruits

miller0863
5th January 2021, 01:16 AM
Christmas present, very nice. Made by Grants which surprised me.

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 01:19 AM
Christmas present, very nice. Made by Grants which surprised me.

only a week and a day until i get a little bit

will help me for the game against utd at least, I can be prepared with straight vodka and something to smoke

cus i think i'll fkin need it after watching firmino again

miller0863
5th January 2021, 01:38 AM
Harsh

RedNoodle
5th January 2021, 02:01 AM
Lucky you I can't afford aldi's version of dark fruits

You can have my bottle of pear Kopparberg that's been sitting in my fridge for a couple of months if you want?

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 02:09 AM
You can have my bottle of pear Kopparberg that's been sitting in my fridge for a couple of months if you want?

Pear?

I'd rather drink piss but thanks for the offer

RedNoodle
5th January 2021, 02:12 AM
Pear?

I'd rather drink piss but thanks for the offer

I haven't got a chilled bottle of that, but I can provide a lukewarm one if you want?

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 02:14 AM
I haven't got a chilled bottle of that, but I can provide a lukewarm one if you want?

I think i'll pass again

no disrespect but with your 24+ conditions, I don't know what damage it would do to me

I do appreciate it though.

RedNoodle
5th January 2021, 02:24 AM
I think i'll pass again

no disrespect but with your 24+ conditions, I don't know what damage it would do to me

I do appreciate it though.

None of them are contagious. As for my bad luck however, who knows.

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 02:33 AM
None of them are contagious. As for my bad luck however, who knows.

Exactly

And you never know, you could have a extra one somewhere!

RedNoodle
5th January 2021, 02:43 AM
Exactly

And you never know, you could have a extra one somewhere!

Given it's me we're talking about, that's probably a nailed on certainty.

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 02:45 AM
Given it's me we're talking about, that's probably a nailed on certainty.

And knowing my luck it's a nailed on it'll kill me off somehow!

On that note, goodnight!

RedNoodle
5th January 2021, 02:46 AM
And knowing my luck it's a nailed on it'll kill me off somehow!

On that note, goodnight!

Ciao. Try not to have nightmares, namely recalling that **** show we saw last night, never mind the two preceding games.

Nineteenx
5th January 2021, 07:15 PM
Having seen how long there is between this game and the game against the filthy and with the team struggling for rhythm and form and as all but Hendo, Mane and Alisson of our best 12-14 players played a part in the headless chicken routine getting trounced by Villa, I actually think this would be a very good game for the best 11 to all play

We actually have a few days to train, so a chance to work on the switches and working balls to one side to go back into the centre for and instant switch to the opposite flank, the triangle of Mane, Robbo and Gini to link to play around and release players around the oppositions RB and RCB and on some variation of movement, Bobby of instance, to be found by Thiago's excellent range of passing, with Bobby on the half turn to face goalwards.

So best possible 11 for me

Alisson

Trent R.Williams Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

I think it is important for Thiago to have a game in the midfield 3 with Hendo and Gini, to work on that rotation of positions and for him to be brought into our press played at it's best, and the rotation of the midfield 3 for me is important as it makes it far more difficult for teams to designate a player to look to constantly press Thiago to try and stop him creating, it makes it difficult for opponents to set up to play off any of our 3 midfielders for transitions also. With Thiago's range and 'cuteness' of passing him popping up in any of the 3 midfield positions throughout the game should open up numerous possibilities and make us far less predictable also.

Definitely best 11 for me, a chance for the lads to find some rhythm and form and look to put right what happened last time, which if successful, would be a very welcome tonic and pick me up ahead of the game against the filthy

Oh and get a fucking CB in asap so he can benefit training with the rest of the lads in this rare period we do get to train together. Horse's head in the bed for Schuurs to me, i'd be absolutely made up if we can bring him in, any defender so happy to play 180 minutes against Mane so frequently 1v1 with no cover and Mane able to receive the ball in time and space and run at him would be a great addition in my book, very strong in the air also which would help give us some much needed potency back at set pieces and a strong passer

skyebo
5th January 2021, 07:28 PM
Having seen how long there is between this game and the game against the filthy and with the team struggling for rhythm and form and as all but Hendo, Mane and Alisson of our best 12-14 players played a part in the headless chicken routine getting trounced by Villa, I actually think this would be a very good game for the best 11 to all play

We actually have a few days to train, so a chance to work on the switches and working balls to one side to go back into the centre for and instant switch to the opposite flank, the triangle of Mane, Robbo and Gini to link to play around and release players around the oppositions RB and RCB and on some variation of movement, Bobby of instance, to be found by Thiago's excellent range of passing, with Bobby on the half turn to face goalwards.

So best possible 11 for me

Alisson

Trent R.Williams Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

I think it is important for Thiago to have a game in the midfield 3 with Hendo and Gini, to work on that rotation of positions and for him to be brought into our press played at it's best, and the rotation of the midfield 3 for me is important as it makes it far more difficult for teams to designate a player to look to constantly press Thiago to try and stop him creating, it makes it difficult for opponents to set up to play off any of our 3 midfielders for transitions also. With Thiago's range and 'cuteness' of passing him popping up in any of the 3 midfield positions throughout the game should open up numerous possibilities and make us far less predictable also.

Definitely best 11 for me, a chance for the lads to find some rhythm and form and look to put right what happened last time, which if successful, would be a very welcome tonic and pick me up ahead of the game against the filthy

Oh and get a fucking CB in asap so he can benefit training with the rest of the lads in this rare period we do get to train together. Horse's head in the bed for Schuurs to me, i'd be absolutely made up if we can bring him in, any defender so happy to play 180 minutes against Mane so frequently 1v1 with no cover and Mane able to receive the ball in time and space and run at him would be a great addition in my book, very strong in the air also which would help give us some much needed potency back at set pieces and a strong passer

Aye you, you shithouse, don't be telling me to F*** Off, just because i happen to have a different opinion to yours. If you want people to agree with everything you put on here, then a forum isn't for you. What isn't open for debate is the fact that Fabinho in the calendar year of 2020 was ranked #1 of LFC players with both interceptions and tackles.

justme
5th January 2021, 08:58 PM
Nineteenx lives in his own little world. hes obsessed with Schuurs.. Because he knows who is gonna benefit us and not. Hes also lives in his own world when it comes to Fabinho so much so he blamed him for the loss in last seasons champions league.

Nineteenx
6th January 2021, 10:30 AM
Aye you, you shithouse, don't be telling me to F*** Off, just because i happen to have a different opinion to yours. If you want people to agree with everything you put on here, then a forum isn't for you. What isn't open for debate is the fact that Fabinho in the calendar year of 2020 was ranked #1 of LFC players with both interceptions and tackles.

Lol i make my comments based on things i see, your comment about Hendo's switches was entirely baseless as there is loads of available footage that shows it was absolutely integral to our winning the league last season and over 90% of them were successful. i asked a question about how they compilr chance creation because on one reel of Hendo's last season Mo and Mane miss at least 6 glorious opportunities through a poor first touch when he'd put them clean through

I'm not interested in Fab's stats, they actually appear to support my argument as in when he plays cm the opposition get to have more of the ball and situations, often through him allowing the press to be broken that create the need for him to make more tackles and interceptions, you don't make that many a game if your press is on point and you're controlling the game and possession, surely even you can appreciate that?

Crimson Dynasty
6th January 2021, 02:09 PM

I'm not interested in Fab's stats, they actually appear to support my argument as in when he plays cm the opposition get to have more of the ball and situations, often through him allowing the press to be broken that create the need for him to make more tackles and interceptions, you don't make that many a game if your press is on point and you're controlling the game and possession, surely even you can appreciate that?

You can't have it both ways, mate.
You can't on the one hand blame him when the press is broken (as if it's singularly his fault and his alone as opposed to the entire team), and then on the other hand, act like he deserves no credit when it's pointed out to you that he then does his part in having the most interceptions and tackles to help win the ball back.

It's like you want to blame him solely for something that is typically a breakdown with the entire team and more than one player's fault but at the same time you don't want to give him credit for what he's actually good at.

That's shithouse argumentation and shithouse logic.

Give the man his credit when its due, whether you like him or not.

CCTV
6th January 2021, 04:27 PM
Lol i make my comments based on things i see, your comment about Hendo's switches was entirely baseless as there is loads of available footage that shows it was absolutely integral to our winning the league last season and over 90% of them were successful. i asked a question about how they compilr chance creation because on one reel of Hendo's last season Mo and Mane miss at least 6 glorious opportunities through a poor first touch when he'd put them clean through

Sounds like your outlook is leading you to support Rodgers and move away from Lucas at DM for tackles & assists !!

Kev0909
6th January 2021, 05:16 PM
19x convicing himself he's right again?

What's new buttercupppp woooooooah wooo wooa

HLOGI
6th January 2021, 09:03 PM
Kelleher
Trent
Rhys
Phillips
Academy LB
Ox
Thiago
Academy midfielder
Minamino
Firmino
Salah

Some players need a good game. Salah has been off the boil. A game where he can bang un a hat trick could kick start our season again. Thiago needs game time and needs to adjust to the speed and physicality of English football. Another game will do him no harm.

Players can get injured anywhere and anyhow. In and off the pitch. Think people make too much of injuries in "meaningless" games. Trophies matter it is a feeling if winning and winning brings more winning. Same with losing. If we lose ni matter who okayed Liverpool list and if us win less in 4. Beat Villa, beat United and suddenly the spring is back.

Nineteenx
6th January 2021, 09:45 PM
You can't have it both ways, mate.
You can't on the one hand blame him when the press is broken (as if it's singularly his fault and his alone as opposed to the entire team), and then on the other hand, act like he deserves no credit when it's pointed out to you that he then does his part in having the most interceptions and tackles to help win the ball back.

It's like you want to blame him solely for something that is typically a breakdown with the entire team and more than one player's fault but at the same time you don't want to give him credit for what he's actually good at.

That's shithouse argumentation and shithouse logic.

Give the man his credit when its due, whether you like him or not.

It's broken loads when he plays by him getting attracted to play ahead of him or ball watching the play ahead of him and completely leaving or losing the opposition player for transition it is his responsibility to be picking up.

It is also a fact, that if your press isn't at it's best and opposition players for tansitions not picked up, the opposition will get more attacks and more opportunities that will require interceptions and tackles.

Do me a favour, watch any one of Fab's highlight reels, they one's i've seen were all riddled with clips of Fabinho running back sliding in on a player, HIS FUCKING player, who shouldn't have been allowed to be released in behind him in the first fucking place, the clips obviously don't show the numerous times that happens and the players gone and he's nowhere near enough to get a challenge in

Also, watch the short highlights of our 7-0 win over Southampton and maybe you'll appreciate what I mean when i'm talking about the midfield 3 rotating and that player for transition and him being picked up, in 3 or even 4 of the short clips you can see it very clearly, whichever of the 3 mids is in that CM position, they are picking that player up and stay with them, whether it's Gini, Keita or Hendo

Nineteenx
6th January 2021, 10:00 PM
Play the best 11, they need to find rhythm, they're used to playing 2 games a week, several of them could well do with what should be a grudge match for them after their headless chicken routine in the league v Villa

We need to start doing the things that won us the league again, we were doing those things brilliantly still early season and they were still working even with the deeper line after Virgil's injury, no idea why we stopped doing them.

Watching the 2 filthy sides in the Carabao right now, both look hugely susceptible to balls over the top as they try to press and to quality switches from centre to left or right or from either full back to the opposite flank, City look to have put a fair bit of work into introducing those things we seem to have dropped into their game, although bacon face has got 6 or the 7 attempted switches and balls over the top he has attempted to far, the easy balls as Steveo called them, hopelessly wrong, but they seem to have made a definite switch to not constantly trying to play through sides and actually be more direct at times, at a time when we seem to have dropped what we were the best in the league at and are flagging trying to overplay and constantly trying to play through sides

dicko1969
6th January 2021, 11:03 PM
Strongest 11

Alisson

TAA Williams Fabinho Robbo

Thiago Henderson Gini

Salah Firmino Mane

All depends if anyone needs a bit of a break.
Which the physio will know.

dicko1969
6th January 2021, 11:05 PM
It's broken loads when he plays by him getting attracted to play ahead of him or ball watching the play ahead of him and completely leaving or losing the opposition player for transition it is his responsibility to be picking up.

It is also a fact, that if your press isn't at it's best and opposition players for tansitions not picked up, the opposition will get more attacks and more opportunities that will require interceptions and tackles.

Do me a favour, watch any one of Fab's highlight reels, they one's i've seen were all riddled with clips of Fabinho running back sliding in on a player, HIS FUCKING player, who shouldn't have been allowed to be released in behind him in the first fucking place, the clips obviously don't show the numerous times that happens and the players gone and he's nowhere near enough to get a challenge in

Also, watch the short highlights of our 7-0 win over Southampton and maybe you'll appreciate what I mean when i'm talking about the midfield 3 rotating and that player for transition and him being picked up, in 3 or even 4 of the short clips you can see it very clearly, whichever of the 3 mids is in that CM position, they are picking that player up and stay with them, whether it's Gini, Keita or Hendo

Palace

LEGS
6th January 2021, 11:38 PM
Kelleher
Neco
Williams
Phillips
Milner
Jones
Ox
Gini
Shaq
Minamino
Origi

Kev0909
7th January 2021, 03:53 PM
Wouldn't bet on this 100% going ahead

Aston Villa have been forced to close their Bodymoor Heath training ground after a "significant" coronavirus outbreak at the club.

southernboy
7th January 2021, 03:55 PM
Yup. Aston Villa have confirmed "a large number of first team players and staff returned positive tests after being routinely tested on Monday and immediately went into isolation.

"First team training ahead of tomorrow’s FA Cup match with Liverpool was cancelled."

There is absolutely no way tomorrow nights game will be played. Not arsed to be honest. I really wasn’t looking forward to it.

Steveo
7th January 2021, 04:12 PM
Probably be rescheduled for a kick off - 48 hours before the United game!

Still - according to some we do better when we have less time to rest.. :D

This season is shaping up to be a total sh*tshow

Kev0909
7th January 2021, 04:13 PM
Couldn't give a fuck anymore tbh, same attitude as the owners and Trent and a few others

fuck it off

Roll on next season when hopefully there's some big changes in the summer

ianlfc
7th January 2021, 04:14 PM
Let Villa play the kids like we had to last year.

LEGS
7th January 2021, 04:41 PM

Yeah exactly.

Derby are playing a youth team at Chorley so whats the difference.

stevie harkness
7th January 2021, 05:13 PM
Or just have Aston Villa forfeit the tie like Leyton Orient had to against Spurs.

LEGS
7th January 2021, 05:17 PM
Im guessing in the next few weeks the season will be stopped.

I'll be honest I couldnt care less either need to be back Sept new season with fans.

Part of me thinks be nice to smash Villa after the 5-0 and 7-2 but its not right really.

Villa might not care and give the tie up who knows

southernboy
7th January 2021, 06:38 PM

Imagine getting thrashed by them :horror:

We’ll probably be made to play the night before the CL... with our kids. I’d be more than happy to see this season scrapped.

RedNoodle
7th January 2021, 06:49 PM
Apparently the game is in serious doubt as a result of an outbreak of Covid within the Villa camp.

stevie harkness
7th January 2021, 07:33 PM
Southampton v Shrewsbury is off after positive covid tests in the Shrews camp.

The FA will decide the fate of the tie early next week.

miller0863
7th January 2021, 07:53 PM
Come on guys, I’m sure if half our first team squad were unavailable for an FA Cup tie with Villa the FA would postpone it ...

Steveo
7th January 2021, 07:59 PM
Come on guys, I’m sure if half our first team squad were unavailable for an FA Cup tie with Villa the FA would postpone it ...

Yep - there is a huge sense of irony about it. Of all teams Villa. Must be why they haven’t postponed it yet. Someone must have said - but hang on Liverpool’s entire first team were in the sodding Middle East last year when a similar Cup game was played. How can we cancel it now..?

Kev0909
7th January 2021, 08:11 PM
Yep - there is a huge sense of irony about it. Of all teams Villa. Must be why they haven’t postponed it yet. Someone must have said - but hang on Liverpool’s entire first team were in the sodding Middle East last year when a similar Cup game was played. How can we cancel it now..?

I think the lads/klopp should have a trip to Siberia

Because that's what some of them deserve

Steveo
7th January 2021, 08:13 PM
I think the lads/klopp should have a trip to Siberia

Because that's what some of them deserve

I can’t blame the players - they have been superb and IMO have massively over achieved.

Kev0909
7th January 2021, 08:15 PM
I can’t blame the players - they have been superb and IMO have massively over achieved.

Yeah massively over achieved because are team is dogshit right?

Like hell it is.....

People say we've got the best CB best goalie best front 3 in the world? Not to mention robbo and trent (normally) and this thiago bloke is meant to be world class

I don't really care, the results lately would be shit for teams like Everton never mind us, and the attitude about it stinks.

When all fit we was best team by mile, and had the best 11 by mile, teams like UTD are still getting there shit together, city had issues themselves, chelsea and spurs arsenal was just lol.... some of the teams are actually getting a grip now.

Also losing to atletico is not "over achiveing" either, shows you how weak the prem was though- they're a lot better this season so i hope we avoid them

we're not leicester ffs and there title winning season

I don't agree with the burnout either, other teams have been fine when defending title why can't we not like we've played he heavy anything this season? although I do agree FSG need to fuck off if we want to stay at the top, sad reality...

Steveo
7th January 2021, 08:32 PM
No but overachieved with the number of games played. Most of them have played most of the games. Feels harsh to blame them for a drop in form now. There have been so consistent for so long .

I don’t personally believe that we have the best 11 - certainly not by a mile. They have performed the best over 18 months but that doesn’t mean they are better players 11 v 11. Guess we will see over the next few years. See who has won more over a 4 or 5 years period

Kev0909
7th January 2021, 08:34 PM
No but overachieved with the number of games played. Most of them have played most of the games. Feels harsh to blame them for a drop in form now. There have been so consistent for so long .

Well I agree it's not fair, but that's FSG's fault, lack of money in the team you're going to get that sadly....

and I don't believe we need arab owners, not over half the clubs in the league have arab owners do they? with Oil coming out there ears...

you know, the same ones that spend more

CCTV
7th January 2021, 08:39 PM

I don’t personally believe that we have the best 11 - certainly not by a mile. They have performed the best over 18 months but that doesn’t mean they are better players 11 v 11. Guess we will see over the next few years. See who has won more over a 4 or 5 years period

I'm guessing you rate Bayern as a stronger best 11. Which seems a fair shout. Anyone else ?

Steveo
7th January 2021, 09:28 PM
City have a comparable 11. I think it is superior in some areas and weaker in others but due to not winning a jot in Europe it is probably under valued by some. They have a far bigger squad though. We defo have one of the best first 11’s around - I just don’t think it is by miles the best.

Let’s see how we go in this CL - if it continues that is. I think there are quite a few sides we could get dumped out by if I am honest.

Klopp is a master at getting that fight - never say die - and that belief into the side - missed out on the CL in 2018 - won it in 2019 - missed out on the title in 2019 - won it in 2020... It is an epic achievement and testimony to the him and the players.

Break the team up though - put Trent in at Chelsea - or Robbo in at City... I am not sure they play with half the intensity - and I think they both see plenty of time on the bench. Hendo - sorry I don’t see him getting many games for any top 4 side... Matip - Gomez Keita - Ox. ? Again plenty of bench time in any top 4 side IMO.

Only Virgil - Alisson - Salah and Mané and possibly Fabinho are at the level that means they play for any side in the Prem.

Just my opinion though.

miller0863
7th January 2021, 09:41 PM
Think you are being harsh on Matip. He is good enough to start in any Premier League team. If he could play 20 consecutive games he would really stand out.
And Robbo..really? Best LB in world football.

Steveo
7th January 2021, 09:43 PM
Only if you are a Liverpool fan. People are suckers for a few titles.

Matip - IF and when available has looked decent Only after playing alongside Virgil. He was mr floppy before that. Good first half a season and then went to pot till the VVD shows up.

Robbo is not the best LB in world football - not for me anyhow - just watch him try and shoot - or for Scotland. He has been fantastic for us - a genuine example of Klopp making a good player look world class - but WC he ain’t.. The lad needs to work on his shooting it is pants.

Kev0909
7th January 2021, 09:44 PM
Think you are being harsh on Matip. He is good enough to start in any Premier League team. If he could play 20 consecutive games he would really stand out.
And Robbo..really? Best LB in world football.

Trent's not exactly shit normally covid-has fucked him

saw a report somewhere saying most valuable players in the league and he was 3rd

miller0863
7th January 2021, 09:44 PM
Disagree on that I’m afraid mate.
As you said, just opinions

CCTV
7th January 2021, 10:24 PM
City have a comparable 11. I think it is superior in some areas and weaker in others but due to not winning a jot in Europe it is probably under valued by some. They have a far bigger squad though. We defo have one of the best first 11’s around - I just don’t think it is by miles the best.

Let’s see how we go in this CL - if it continues that is. I think there are quite a few sides we could get dumped out by if I am honest.

Klopp is a master at getting that fight - never say die - and that belief into the side - missed out on the CL in 2018 - won it in 2019 - missed out on the title in 2019 - won it in 2020... It is an epic achievement and testimony to the him and the players.

Break the team up though - put Trent in at Chelsea - or Robbo in at City... I am not sure they play with half the intensity - and I think they both see plenty of time on the bench. Hendo - sorry I don’t see him getting many games for any top 4 side... Matip - Gomez Keita - Ox. ? Again plenty of bench time in any top 4 side IMO.

Only Virgil - Alisson - Salah and Mané and possibly Fabinho are at the level that means they play for any side in the Prem.

Just my opinion though.

Alisson, Trent, Virgil, Robbo, Fabinho, Salah, Mane for me get into any side really. You/anyone can say what about other top class players in a position as a counter I suppose.

People are very disappointed with Trent but i think they've been a bit harsh. Needs to get back on his bike alright, but imo people should cut the kid some slack. Not easy maintaining form and he must be in dreamland having been a big part in landing the clubs first pl title, first wcc for lfc, no 6 and a super cup.

Gini & Hendo not every side in Europe, but they can't be sniffed at either both have really good qualities. Thiago, one who would've been a candidate for a best 11 side. Jota the next Suarez ;) if he keeps it up.

I'd probably take Marquinhos from PSG to complete my back 5. Scores big goals and moments in the big games and good athlete and player #chararacter.

Maybe Thiago with Fabinho in a 2, might take on board some suggestions there as it's not like I watch as much football as i believe others on here do, always liked veratti but he might be in decline. KDB 10 and Mbappe or Halaand 9 with Mo and Mane on ze flanks.

Who would you add in with your lfc 4 ?

We seem to be in a funny phase, injuries aside, where it's like we're trying to breakthrough a wall and get onto a second wind.

CCTV
7th January 2021, 10:25 PM
Robbo isn't the best left back in the final third, but fook me add up the other elements of the game and he's definitely no1 imo.

Steveo
7th January 2021, 11:10 PM
Robbo isn't the best left back in the final third, but fook me add up the other elements of the game and he's definitely no1 imo.

Robbo has been epic - no argument but Modern day FB’s are attackers - see Marcelo for a player to aim for and emulate. Different gear probably past it now though so there are a bunch vying for the title of the best - I guess Robbo would be nailed on if he just improved that finishing.

Kev0909
7th January 2021, 11:16 PM
Yeah but trent on form is that player you speak of

who else is better around attacking wise??? that ain't past it

They was one of are main ways of attacking last season, which is why it's not going so well this season because TAA is stinking the place out, I do think coronavirus has hit him somewhat hard, like some others in the prem

How many assists did they both get again?

More than are special midfield no doubt...

AWB for utd is like robertson, just poor at the crossing but a bit better in the tackle.... nothing attacking wise compared to trent though.

miller0863
7th January 2021, 11:28 PM
What Robbo lacks in finishing he more than makes up for with his final ball

Kev0909
7th January 2021, 11:34 PM
What Robbo lacks in finishing he more than makes up for with his final ball

Which is fine with me, I don't think many teams expect the full backs to score much..

Kev0909
7th January 2021, 11:46 PM
BREAKING: Aston Villa's first-team squad and management staff will be absent from tomorrow's game vs. Liverpool after a significant Covid outbreak.
Villa will play their u23s & other academy players if enough of them test negative. Mark Delaney, u23s coach, to take the team

Maybe we'll have a chance

CCTV
7th January 2021, 11:47 PM
Robbo has been epic - no argument but Modern day FB’s are attackers - see Marcelo for a player to aim for and emulate. Different gear probably past it now though so there are a bunch vying for the title of the best - I guess Robbo would be nailed on if he just improved that finishing.

Yup, frustratingly turns down some good shooting chances for passes or pass-to-og attempts, good crossing tbf but his energy and running open up space galore and fundamentally I have to say he's an excellent defender, modern day and all that can't be underestimated

jr81
8th January 2021, 12:36 AM
BREAKING: Aston Villa's first-team squad and management staff will be absent from tomorrow's game vs. Liverpool after a significant Covid outbreak.
Villa will play their u23s & other academy players if enough of them test negative. Mark Delaney, u23s coach, to take the team

Maybe we'll have a chance
The game should be cancelled. We risk our first team catching covid from the villa players (I wouldnt trust all of them being negative). Doom doom doom

Steveo
8th January 2021, 12:55 AM
Yup, frustratingly turns down some good shooting chances for passes or pass-to-og attempts, good crossing tbf but his energy and running open up space galore and fundamentally I have to say he's an excellent defender, modern day and all that can't be underestimated

Yep but still not in this guys class IMO..

https://youtu.be/uwlEZ7jRfhA

Behave...

Steveo
8th January 2021, 01:01 AM
And that’s why many of our players good though they are - would not make it at Bernabéu or Camp Nou.. Technical level needs to be far superior to the Prem.

We play fast and high tempo football - it’s effective but it isn’t the highest quality.

More Marcelo - for those who thought Thiago was something special - and those who don’t know. :D

https://youtu.be/mgkwL7cA6Ys

CCTV
8th January 2021, 02:05 AM
Yep but still not in this guys class IMO..

https://youtu.be/uwlEZ7jRfhA

Behave...

Marcelo is a silkier footballer and Robbo is more industrial. Robbos a better defender.

The career stats for end product at Liverpool & Madrid respectively. All comps as it's easier ;)

Robbo - played 151 - goals 5 - assists 35 - minutes 13,175

Goal or assist per game - 0.265
Goal or assist per 329.4 minutes

Marcelo - played 516- goals 38 - assists 99 - minutes 41,722

Goal or assist per game 0.265
Goal or assist per 304.5 minutes

The Bayern boy Davies would be a better shout now, but he's weaker defensively too and imo you can't discount defensive ability.
In raw end product stats Robbos up there.

Best left back going atm imo.

CCTV
8th January 2021, 02:06 AM
Seems you're seduced by shooter mcgavin !!
I'll crush on happy ;)

CCTV
8th January 2021, 02:29 AM
Steveo will you fill out your best 11 going right now ? You've more non-lfc players to pick.

CCTV
8th January 2021, 02:38 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_XD4_A9WAH4

Less annoying tune = better player #facts :D

Balinkay
8th January 2021, 08:08 AM

I was never a fan of Marcelo tbh. Maybe because he's such a diver. Alaba used to be a monster though.

Steveo
8th January 2021, 09:15 AM
As I have mentioned - Robbo is fantastic - but he is only the best LB in the world if you are (a) a Liverpool fan unable to take the tints off OR (b) you play Gaelic football. :D

It isn’t just his shooting - it’s overall ball control - short passing - hallmark of a true great.

He is up there but needs to add finesse - better touch and any kind of a shot.

Marcelo is in a different league. Robbo has a long way to go to get close.

Steveo
8th January 2021, 09:29 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_XD4_A9WAH4

Less annoying tune = better player #facts :D

Seriously dude? If you play on a farmers field.

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 09:30 AM
If Robbo was Brazilian then there would be no debate.
Its like the old Billy Connolly observation with South American footballers compared to Scottish ones 😂😂

justme
8th January 2021, 09:40 AM
Robertson is the best left back in the world..

Steveo
8th January 2021, 09:48 AM
Oh well that just proves it.. Hahaa

Steveo
8th January 2021, 09:55 AM
If Robbo was Brazilian then there would be no debate.
Its like the old Billy Connolly observation with South American footballers compared to Scottish ones 😂😂

If Robbo was Brazilian he would have better ball control AND a shot :D

Listen Braveheart - yous produce the odd great like Kenny - Souness - and Law but by and large for a nation likely invented the sport the Scots are pretty shocking.

LEGS
8th January 2021, 10:17 AM
Marcelo had a good career to be fair.

My highlight was of him getting destroyed by Germany in that semi final 7-1 could have been much more too.

Good going forward as you can do that at Madrid/Brazil but when it mattered in a home world cup he couldnt defend that is the job of a full back.

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 10:52 AM
If Robbo was Brazilian he would have better ball control AND a shot :D

Listen Braveheart - yous produce the odd great like Kenny - Souness - and Law but by and large for a nation likely invented the sport the Scots are pretty shocking.

I come from a Country that produced arguably the " Best"
Fuck all else mind ( in football terms ) !!

Steveo
8th January 2021, 11:06 AM
Marcelo had a good career to be fair.

My highlight was of him getting destroyed by Germany in that semi final 7-1 could have been much more too.

Good going forward as you can do that at Madrid/Brazil but when it mattered in a home world cup he couldnt defend that is the job of a full back.

Was he as bad as Robbo V Villa? :D

Seriously guys - don’t do this to yourselves. Germany beat Brazil 7:1 - it was one game of football. If you want to define Marcelo by that game then you have an agenda.

Marcelo: won 22 trophies including four UEFA Champions Leagues, (being elected to the Squad of the Season three times) as well as five La Liga titles. He has been named to the FIFPro World XI six times, the UEFA Team of the Year three times and La Liga's Team of the Season in 2016.

Let’s hope Robbo’s career is half as good eh..

Steveo
8th January 2021, 11:10 AM
I come from a Country that produced arguably the " Best"
Fuck all else mind ( in football terms ) !!

I know mate - my comment was aimed at Billy...

George Best is one of the GOAT’s No argument at all - and that was boozed up to the hilt and playing at 60%...

Don’t believe anyone ever had more natural ability. A phenomenon and a yet such a tragedy - all wrapped up in one genius.

The world was robbed of his glorious talent. Robbed by the bottle.

LEGS
8th January 2021, 11:29 AM

Seriously guys - don’t do this to yourselves. Germany beat Brazil 7:1 - it was one game of football. If you want to define Marcelo by that game then you have an agenda.

Marcelo: won 22 trophies including four UEFA Champions Leagues, (being elected to the Squad of the Season three times) as well as five La Liga titles. He has been named to the FIFPro World XI six times, the UEFA Team of the Year three times and La Liga's Team of the Season in 2016.

Im not he has been a good player no doubt.

Not interested in Robbo against Villa or who the best RB/LB is it means fuck all its about the TEAM not one player.

Maldini pisses all over Marcelo as well in my time a proper defender that bloke and an all time great.

Balinkay
8th January 2021, 11:44 AM
Here's one for you: Marcelo vs Ashley Cole?

Steveo
8th January 2021, 11:45 AM
Im not he has been a good player no doubt.

Not interested in Robbo against Villa or who the best RB/LB is it means fuck all its about the TEAM not one player.

Maldini pisses all over Marcelo as well in my time a proper defender that bloke and an all time great.

Maldini was one of the greatest LB it is true but he does not piss all over Marcelo - NOBODY does that - he is uop there with the best of them.

Have a little look. Ask yourself who we have in our entire team right now that has this much effect on our play - controlled play - play where you can be considered and make a proper strike at goal.

Pick anyone in our team you think has as much impact as this guy. Not easy..

https://youtu.be/5F-PXIywbIM

Excuse the Maradona audio.. couldn't help it..:D

LEGS
8th January 2021, 11:57 AM
La Liga you do need more control etc but id say in England he wouldnt get all that time on the ball not saying England is better its different.

Cafu was king he could defend and attack brilliant player.

Brazil now are no more than a top ten team they will always produce talent but maybe with their players all in Europe they have lost that flair.

Steveo
8th January 2021, 12:07 PM
Not sure what Brazil has to do with it - They still have better players than Argentia did when they won the WC in 86 and got to the final in Italy in 90... Haha - kinda shows what level Diego was at..

How good are Scotland for instance? I am just talking about the quality of a player and saying Robbo is the best in the world is easy for a Liverpool fan and even probable for anyone in the British isles - there will be some from over seas not connected with the club who may suggest such a thing too BUT in my mind it just aint so.. Sorry

stevie harkness
8th January 2021, 12:08 PM
Tonight's match has been confirmed to go ahead. Villa are 17/1 with Betfair

LEGS
8th January 2021, 12:28 PM
Not sure what Brazil has to do with it - They still have better players than Argentia did when they won the WC in 86 and got to the final in Italy in 90... Haha - kinda shows what level Diego was at..

How good are Scotland for instance? I am just talking about the quality of a player and saying Robbo is the best in the world is easy for a Liverpool fan and even probable for anyone in the British isles - there will be some from over seas not connected with the club who may suggest such a thing too BUT in my mind it just aint so.. Sorry

I mentioned Brazil as they taught to play with more flair and freedom.

Diego was a true great that is fact.

Scotland are poor you know that !

I never said Robbo is the best in the world I dont watch enough foreign leagues to say.

He is the best in England at the minute ironically the next best is Tierney.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 12:30 PM
Tonight's match has been confirmed to go ahead. Villa are 17/1 with Betfair

crazy odds if we're playing kids too

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 12:47 PM
I'd say Jurgen always planned to plays the kids , were as Villa would've went full strength. So hopefully it will be more a level playing field.

LEGS
8th January 2021, 12:58 PM
This team should have enough.

Kelleher
Neco
Williams
Phillips
Milner
Jones
Clarkson
Ox
Origi
Minamino
Shaq

Steveo
8th January 2021, 12:59 PM
I mentioned Brazil as they taught to play with more flair and freedom.

Diego was a true great that is fact.

Scotland are poor you know that !

I never said Robbo is the best in the world I dont watch enough foreign leagues to say.

He is the best in England at the minute ironically the next best is Tierney.

Fair do's

CCTV
8th January 2021, 02:21 PM

6 years to win 3 CL and 4 PL titles is a tall order. Here's hoping :)

CCTV
8th January 2021, 02:24 PM
Maybe Robbo should get a reduced expectation of CL & PL titles given Marcelo will have played for Real for 14+ years.

CCTV
8th January 2021, 02:25 PM
Seriously dude? If you play on a farmers field.

The claim with :D was not overly serious Steveo.
Do think he is currently the best left back going as he's providing end product and the farmer is a more resolute defender than the ballet dancer.

Steveo
8th January 2021, 02:33 PM
Maybe Robbo should get a reduced expectation of CL & PL titles given Marcelo will have played for Real for 14+ years.

Went at 18 years old mate - to the Bernebeu.

Majority of his time in the first team was while Barcelona has their greatest ever squad.

Difficult to knock Marcelo in all honesty. The guy is one of the greatest ever LB’s...

CCTV
8th January 2021, 02:37 PM

Majority of his time in the first team was while Barcelona has their greatest ever squad.

True, still a better club for winning top titles than Dundee United or Hull.

CCTV
8th January 2021, 02:39 PM

Difficult to knock Marcelo in all honesty. The guy is one of the greatest ever LB’s...

Yeah, there's no doubting he's a great player.
Just whether he is presently the better left back.

Steveo
8th January 2021, 02:43 PM
The claim with :D was not overly serious Steveo.
Do think he is currently the best left back going as he's providing end product and the farmer is a more resolute defender than the ballet dancer.

Would have to be more resolute in defending BUT is he as effective overall..? Is anyone going to compare him with Messi and Ronaldo in their pomp.. as Marcelo was.? Naah

Marcelo far better on the ball - beat a man with skill while maintaining composure and the ability to play fantastic short passes a Robbo weakness - incredible pin point crossing - wonderful strike of the ball - incisive in the tackle. Win possession and turn defence into attack. I could go on and on and on. They are different players - and Robbo is fantastic too - However he looks way better than Trent at defending - which hardly the best of indicators.

True, still a better club for winning top titles than Dundee United or Hull.

Well Dundee were the only side willing to take a punt on him at 18 - but naturally they have a similar standard to Real.. :D :D :D

Yeah, there's no doubting he's a great player.
Just whether he is presently the better left back.

Right now - well it is a little unfair as Robbo in his prime and Marcelo certainly ain’t - but him and Alba better footballers in all honesty. Robbo probably best in the Prem.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 02:46 PM
Aston Villa had 14 positive tests in their first team bubble.

10 of those were players.

About time some people/the club start taking responsbiility isn't it?

stevie harkness
8th January 2021, 03:01 PM
Newcastle boss Steve Bruce says it is "morally wrong" for football to continue amid increasing coronavirus outbreaks at clubs.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 03:02 PM
Newcastle boss Steve Bruce says it is "morally wrong" for football to continue amid increasing coronavirus outbreaks at clubs.

I believe some clubs are acting carelessly, the ones with the big outbreaks anyway

Should be punished.

Steveo
8th January 2021, 03:02 PM

But on a serious note...

https://youtu.be/d0qSEBhmqHU

CCTV
8th January 2021, 04:11 PM
1 Would have to be more resolute in defending BUT is he as effective overall..? Is anyone going to compare him with Messi and Ronaldo in their pomp.. as Marcelo was.? Naah

2 Marcelo far better on the ball - beat a man with skill while maintaining composure and the ability to play fantastic short passes a Robbo weakness - incredible pin point crossing - wonderful strike of the ball - incisive in the tackle. Win possession and turn defence into attack. I could go on and on and on. They are different players - and Robbo is fantastic too - However he looks way better than Trent at defending - which hardly the best of indicators.2

3 Well Dundee were the only side willing to take a punt on him at 18 - but naturally they have a similar standard to Real.. :D :D :D 3

4Right now - well it is a little unfair as Robbo in his prime and Marcelo certainly ain’t - but him and Alba better footballers in all honesty. Robbo probably best in the Prem.4

1) what are you saying ? Marcelo Is as vital as Messi/Ronaldo ?
Robbo has end product output, maybe the qualitative difference would be that people see him as a different type of legend. Like Keane wasn't seen as a great for his flair.

2) agreed already, a silkier player, Robbo is better defensively than Marcelo.
Which fullbacks do you rate better at defending than Robbo in this class bracket ?

3) true and Virgil was ripping it up in Scotland, we're talking about best 11s presently not who was when Robbo was at Dundee and Virgil at Celtic or Mane redbull, southampton, Fabinho at monaco, Alisson too.
This line of critique for Robbo can be apllied to those players too. With respect to today and the present best 11 going in our opinions I'm not sure what the relevancy is tbh.

4 how so ? If we want to talk about the entirety of their careers or their peak levels, we can although robbos peak could be higher than he's achieved so far.
We were talking about who are the best players presently. I'm not sure who you'd pick elsewhere, say at right back yet but maybe a better argument than the left back one imo.
I'm open to ideas as there are options. For example if you offered Luka I'd take that seriously but not Pjanic.

Steveo
8th January 2021, 04:53 PM
@CCTV

1. Was a bit of fun mate - just harping back to Ray Hudson’s maniac commentary on him.

3. Not sure what you mean with Virgil and Scotland tbh. I am not talking about best 11’s mate - was keeping it pretty specific to LB..

4. See 3.. :D

https://youtu.be/QOBjaRrQWTk

CCTV
8th January 2021, 05:38 PM
@CCTV

1. Was a bit of fun mate - just harping back to Ray Hudson’s maniac commentary on him.

3. Not sure what you mean with Virgil and Scotland tbh. I am not talking about best 11’s mate - was keeping it pretty specific to LB..

4. See 3.. :D

https://youtu.be/QOBjaRrQWTk

1 cool

3 Iirc this started out as a discussion of a best 11 , I asked if you were talking about Bayern being a better best 11, from your postings. You replied about city being a comparable best 11. Not huge margins between top sides.

Then we had you with 4 of our lads being in a best 11 roughly speaking, I had 6.

With respect to Virgil or the others they too could have the same argument against them.
I've gone for VVD & Marquinhos as my CB pairing as the best presently.

Ramos has won more than Virgil, been at a top tier club for much longer while Virgil was swept up by Celtic and then Southampton. A minor upgrade on Dundee and Hull compared with a club like real.

I gather Ramos isn't viewed favourably by many lfc fans, but he's won loads of trophies too and international ones. He's had an amazing career and whie his dark arts are more sinister than the diving etc he's a cracking player. Robbo has a touch of a shit stirrer but not in the same league as Ramos, whereas Marcelo does indeed have some of the hysterical reactions and diving of those 2.
So you could argue in the same vein Ramos should be in ahead of Virgil or Marquinhos.
But in terms of a best 11 from all clubs presently I'd stick with my two.
Tbc I think we have the best 11 going across Europe all fit , which is an issue now and squad depth wise we are behind some other clubs.

In my 11 I'd be open to your suggestions outside my 6 lfc players. In terms of the 2 I've added but you've not, again open to suggestions. I've offered Davies as another credible option.
Casillas won more than Alisson or Neuer but I'd not put them ahead of Alisson as of today.

So I think we can say we've discussed

Who has the best 11 all fit
Squad depth another issue
Which players are the best or top of their class
What players would make it into a current best 11 or at least on your part a good few of them.

Then we've talked about a career of leftbacks and those at their peak where 2 of the players discussed might not have reached their peak or nearing the end of their career. Davies is only starting out really and Robbo hasn't been at a top club for too long to challenge and win titles.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 06:00 PM
No leaked team?

LEGS
8th January 2021, 06:04 PM
No leaked team?

Ive saw

Kelleher Neco Williams Van Der Berg Milner Thiago Ox Jones Shaq Origi Minamino

Balinkay
8th January 2021, 06:20 PM
The only question is: will we be losing our minds if one of the first teamers picks up a knock or calling Klopp a fraud when one of them isn't completely up to speed next time we play? :D

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 06:29 PM
I see that being the team players need match fitness

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 06:57 PM
Even though its going to be basically a reserve game, going to try make most of watching it

you never know..could be the last time for a while

skyebo
8th January 2021, 07:03 PM
Klopp has the perfect chance to progress tonight, by picking a stronger team to what Villa are putting out. We know it's down in the pecking order now, but for me a cup is a cup. If he matches Villa's team by putting a similar team out, we will know how much respect he gives it.

stevie harkness
8th January 2021, 07:11 PM
I'd like to see some fringe players getting a chance but I won't complain if Klopp goes all out and we win convincingly.

miller0863
8th January 2021, 07:33 PM
Wife’s birthday so cooking dinner for her, will have to watch later. Will hopefully avoid the score

jr81
8th January 2021, 07:40 PM
I'd like to see some fringe players getting a chance but I won't complain if Klopp goes all out and we win convincingly.

He went with a very strong team by the looks of it. Hopefully no injuries or covid cases.

LEGS
8th January 2021, 07:43 PM
Yep its good leaked team is wrong.

5 subs tonight.

stevie harkness
8th January 2021, 07:46 PM
Villa suddenly drift out to 30/1 to win

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 07:47 PM
Sooooooo

we play with players that need a rest

and players that need to play are on the bench

ok

justme
8th January 2021, 07:49 PM
No need for a rest plenty of time before the next game

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 07:52 PM
No need for a rest plenty of time before the next game

No need for thiago and ox to get more match fitness??

Have you seen there team?

Pointless you better hope fabinho/salah/mane doesn't get injured

justme
8th January 2021, 07:53 PM
Only thing pointless here is you.. I agree with the starting 11.

skyebo
8th January 2021, 07:54 PM
No need for thiago and ox to get more match fitness??

Have you seen there team?

Pointless you better hope fabinho/salah/mane doesn't get injured

I've not even seen our team. BBC website is just showing a blank screen.

Balinkay
8th January 2021, 07:55 PM
@sky

https://scontent-muc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/137330637_10160095442247573_1413215786456096183_o. jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=-LKTTnQhrtEAX8TzMmL&_nc_ht=scontent-muc2-1.xx&oh=0af73fc118501346a07d7b229162a516&oe=601D9AB2

Balinkay
8th January 2021, 07:56 PM
I'd guess he wants to get some confidence in the boys.

southernboy
8th January 2021, 07:56 PM
Wife’s birthday so cooking dinner for her, will have to watch later. Will hopefully avoid the score

Beans on toast? ;)

jr81
8th January 2021, 07:57 PM
I'd guess he wants to get some confidence in the boys.
You would hope that we will be up a few goals by half time. Make a few changes. Get the likes of thiago and ox on for 45 mins and give the others a rest

justme
Its about time we took the Fa-cup serious. Its a great trophy to win. and with having enough time between games. Its a perfect time to play a proper 11.

skyebo
@sky

https://scontent-muc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/137330637_10160095442247573_1413215786456096183_o. jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=-LKTTnQhrtEAX8TzMmL&_nc_ht=scontent-muc2-1.xx&oh=0af73fc118501346a07d7b229162a516&oe=601D9AB2

Thanks for that Bali. Should sail through given their team.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 07:58 PM
Only thing pointless here is you.. I agree with the starting 11.

I think you are, you act like a pathetic kid

Do you have special needs?

Or just special?

Pig

justme
8th January 2021, 07:59 PM
I think you are, you act like a pathetic kid

Do you have special needs?

Or just special?

Pig

Why are you constantly complaining? do you have bi-polar? since everything is either good or its bad. Theres no middle ground with you.

justme
8th January 2021, 08:03 PM
I hope we muller Aston Villa. Fat head Bruce. saying this match devalues the fa-cup. was the man-united arse kisser saying that last season when we had to play in the middle east while having to play in the league cup a day earlier to Aston Villa in the UK?

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 08:04 PM

Beans on toast followed by an early night.

She's a lucky lady.

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 08:05 PM
Beans on toast? ;)

I just saw this after my last post. "Great minds ...." eh! ;)

skyebo
8th January 2021, 08:07 PM
I hope we muller Aston Villa. Fat head Bruce. saying this match devalues the fa-cup. was the man-united arse kisser saying that last season when we had to play in the middle east while having to play in the league cup a day earlier to Aston Villa in the UK?

It's been devalued ever since his former club decided not to enter it after doing the treble. He probably thought that was a good idea.

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 08:07 PM
If any of our 'key' players get injured, Klopp is going to come in for some major stick.

justme
8th January 2021, 08:09 PM
It's been devalued ever since his former club decided not to enter it after doing the treble. He probably thought that was a good idea.

Yep, no doubt we will get blamed for wanting to play the game.. Its our fault.. Thats why i'm glad Klopp as gone in with a strong 11. I hope we destroy Villa.

justme
8th January 2021, 08:09 PM
If any of our 'key' players get injured, Klopp is going to come in for some major stick.

why players get injured in any game. You cant go into games hoping players wont get injured.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 08:16 PM
Team confirmed:

Kelleher

Williams Williams Fabinho Milner

Jones Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Minamino Mane

Disappointing line up, last thing I wanted, either all youth or full best 11 bar Kelleher for Big bear for me. We're struggling for form, we've stopped doing many of the things that made us Champions League, Premier League, WCC and ESC Champions, seemed to have developed an unhealthy obsession with trying to play through sides, when we don't have the players to do that and were very rarely successful at it in winning any of those trophies and desperately need to find rhythm and form, I'd have played the best 11 whatever anyone else thinks, the lads have had a decent amount of rest the past 2 weeks, don't have another game for 9 days, this was a great opportunity to try and give the best 11 a chance to find some rhythm. No point whatsoever in risking members of the best 11 in a mix match line up like this

LEGS
8th January 2021, 08:17 PM
I have to say Fabinho should be nowhere near the starting line up its asking for trouble.

Im guessing/hoping Phillips will be on at HT.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 08:19 PM
I have to say Fabinho should be nowhere near the starting line up its asking for trouble.

Why not?

CCTV
8th January 2021, 08:22 PM

Agree, hopefully nothing happens to him ahead of the United game.

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 08:23 PM
why players get injured in any game. You cant go into games hoping players wont get injured.

The issue is Klopp taking such a risk when it is unnecessary. He's doing this despite showing numerous times that he cares very little, if at all about the competition, and he's playing a lot of our key players when we are already having serious issues, including a number of injuries that are having a major impact. On top of that we have a least one major injury which was caused by him playing a player in a meaningless game.

He's taking an almighty risk by playing such a strong side.

justme
8th January 2021, 08:25 PM
The issue is Klopp taking such a risk when not only is it unnecessary. He's doing this despite showing numerous times that he cares very little, if at all about the competition, and he's playing a lot of our key players when we are already having serious issues, including a number of injuries that are having a major impact. On top of that we have a least one major injury which was caused by him playing a player in a meaningless game.

He's taking an almighty risk by playing such a strong side.

I disagree, i like the facts we have gone strong this evening

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 08:27 PM
I disagree, i like the facts we have gone strong this evening

I agree, I'd have played the entire best 11 bar Alisson as Kelleher is our No2 and gets the cups

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 08:31 PM
I agree, I'd have played the entire best 11 bar Alisson as Kelleher is our No2 and gets the cups

Yeah the <£4m the winner gets will certainly help us beef up our squad, that's assuming FSG actually give Klopp any of that money to spend on recruitment. :rolleyes:

LEGS
8th January 2021, 08:35 PM
Why not?

Because if he gets injured then next Sunday scares the shit out of me.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 08:38 PM
Yeah the <£4m the winner gets will certainly help us beef up our squad, that's assuming FSG actually give Klopp any of that money to spend on recruitment. :rolleyes:

We've had a decent amount of rest the past 2-3 weeks, we lost last time out, we have a huge game in 9 days time, we're struggling for rhythm and form, so I'd have played the best 11 for those reasons

skyebo
8th January 2021, 08:39 PM

I'd love us to have a good go at it. We had the Owen final, then the Gerrard final. We need a new name on it.

justme
8th January 2021, 08:39 PM
I dont think Fabhino is a good enough defender, from what i have seen.. He does a good job. But hes not naturally a defender.. Its different playing in DM role(his best role). You can make challenges and close players down..you have defenders behind. You make a error of judgement in defence you have no protection.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 08:40 PM
Because if he gets injured then next Sunday scares the shit out of me.

I understand that, but I don't think it's good to rest them after the last 3 results and performances

southernboy
8th January 2021, 08:40 PM
I just saw this after my last post. "Great minds ...." eh! ;)

I think we all know the limit of blokes cooking :D

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 08:42 PM
I dont think Fabhino is a good enough defender, from what i have seen.. He does a good job. But hes not naturally a defender.. Its different playing in DM role(his best role). You can make challenges and close players down..you have defenders behind. You make a error of judgement in defence you have no protection.

I think the opposite, I think he's been excellent in defence and I worry far less about Fabinho at CB than when Gomez was playing, Fab's much better than Joe, I think he's a natural defender, he's definitely not a natural midfielder

Artisan
8th January 2021, 08:43 PM
So we're going strong, if we score a ton it could restart our scoring drought, if we struggle it could drag us deeper into our mental pit. But i for one agree with the selection and hopefully the boys upfront find their shooting boots...

Kev0909

lol

clueless

RedNoodle
I'd love us to have a good go at it. We had the Owen final, then the Gerrard final. We need a new name on it.

That was when we weren't serious competitors when it came to 'the big two'. We are now dinning at the top table, and with that being the case I'd rather we didn't take unnecessary risks which could result in us moving from a table at a Michelin starred restaurant, to a park bench and a 'Happy Meal'.

justme
8th January 2021, 08:45 PM
Martin Tyler is one of the commentators on my link. so sound muted..

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 08:46 PM
I think we all know the limit of blokes cooking :D

Wot? You mean you're not a combination of Gordon Ramsay and Raymond Blanc? Tut tut! :eek: + ;)

Artisan
8th January 2021, 08:51 PM
Boom, lets fill our boots now...