PDA

View Full Version : Minamino

justme
4th January 2021, 10:59 PM
If i was him, I would hand in a transfer.He had a great game against Palace hes not been seen since . Maybe it was the 1230 kick off so the Asian viewers got to see him. and buy a few million shirts .and it says it all. Oxlade starts over him and Shaqiri comes on early in the second half. Both out injured for months.. Not saying Minamino is anything special. But makes you wonder why we signed him??

Insidious
4th January 2021, 11:03 PM
Value.

We spotted a chance to get a player who might be able to contribute, low-risk. If he doesn't work out you probably sell for the price he was bought at (possibly more) or make a very small loss.

If he works out really well, you got a bargain. Shaqiri was acquired with similar logic in mind you'd suspect.

As it stands, he offers something that a few of our lads don't at present. Work-rate. A couple of ours look very lethargic at present and Minamino never does, even if he is shrugged off the ball more than we would like.

I certainly wish he was playing more and I hope he gets chances.

Kev0909
4th January 2021, 11:05 PM
he couldn't be any worse

why didn't he get on the pitch??

Should of been on at HT or after at least

it's a fucking joke!!

at least we put milner on at RB that was going to get us a result

and shaqiri?? Haha shaqiri fuck off

miller0863
4th January 2021, 11:19 PM
Yep, needs another start. Bobby had one successful run into the box today and did absolutely nothing else. Desperately need Jota back too, the front 3 look flatter than a really really flat thing on a flat surface.

justme
4th January 2021, 11:21 PM
Wow not flat surely?? that is flat

ianlfc
4th January 2021, 11:22 PM
He could do no worse than what was out tonight.
Did we only use 2 subs ?

Kev0909
4th January 2021, 11:24 PM
He could do no worse than what was out tonight.
Did we only use 2 subs ?

Yes like usual

well last time when drawing to wba 1-1 I believe we made 3rd sub in the 91st min to use up some time?

RedNoodle
4th January 2021, 11:26 PM
he couldn't be any worse

why didn't he get on the pitch??

Should of been on at HT or after at least

it's a fucking joke!!

at least we put milner on at RB that was going to get us a result

and shaqiri?? Haha shaqiri fuck off

Because Klopp has lot the plot?

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 12:05 AM

He's lost something yes

madness again

reddownunder
5th January 2021, 12:09 AM

When he continued to complain about the number of games and lack of rest for players and then proceeded to play a strong team in a meaningless match against Midtjylland I found it confusing to say the least

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 10:56 PM
Had the same figure as the kids tonight, so couldn't really be outmuscled

Still was shite, got given a chance to shine, take it.....

that was SHIT

justme
8th January 2021, 11:32 PM
Playing out wide against packed teams is not EASY... Salah even struggles in that position. he has to come inside to get more joy.
Never said Minamino was the answer. and in fact i'm losing interest in him.. he seems unable to get in the right positions when we play. he just runs around.. there is no cohesion.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 11:35 PM
I'm just disapointed i'll give him some more time and he didn't cost us much at least, but I just can't see it

expected more from him today, like I said was a chance to shine! want him to do well here...

Balinkay
9th January 2021, 08:44 AM
I thought he had a okay game - that assis for Wij was very nice!

skyebo
9th January 2021, 11:34 AM
How is he going to be consistent when he doesn't get a chance to be. In for one game, not selected for the next few.

ianlfc
9th January 2021, 12:43 PM
How is he going to be consistent when he doesn't get a chance to be. In for one game, not selected for the next few.

Yeah, I thought he did well in the 7-0 Palace game . Then he gets dropped for the next 3 poor team performances. I'm not saying he would've made a difference but he could've done no worse than the players picked.

skyebo
9th January 2021, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I thought he did well in the 7-0 Palace game . Then he gets dropped for the next 3 poor team performances. I'm not saying he would've made a difference but he could've done no worse than the players picked.

Exactly.

justme
17th January 2021, 07:26 PM
Again Firmino gets almost the entire game and Miniamino doesnt get on.

Insidious
10th August 2021, 12:47 AM
Absolutely filthy first touch for one of his attempts today, plucking the ball out of the air.

Come on Taki. Would be such a treat if he could contribute this season.

Crimson Dynasty
10th August 2021, 02:33 AM
I hope we don't loan him out again.
Would really like to see what he can bring if he gets more playing time and gets on the same wavelength with the other starters.

It would be such an asset to be able to bring him off the bench or start him on off-games and get that kind of production.

miller0863
10th August 2021, 08:01 AM
Would do his confidence some good if Klopp keeps him at Anfield this season.
He’s looked much improved in pre season, stronger on the ball, better runs, better touch and all round game in fact.
Certainly changed my mind about giving him a chance this season

Insidious
10th August 2021, 08:33 AM
He's s very tidy player. Will always struggle physically against the likes of West Ham or Burnley, but that doesn't rule him out of being able to contribute.

eggy81
10th August 2021, 08:46 AM
Would do his confidence some good if Klopp keeps him at Anfield this season.
He’s looked much improved in pre season, stronger on the ball, better runs, better touch and all round game in fact.
Certainly changed my mind about giving him a chance this season

Looos way quicker too. We must be back on the juice. Wahey

Kev0909
10th August 2021, 03:21 PM
Many players look good in pre-season often or not because we're against a weak side or, a weak fielded side.

what makes you think he can suddenly turn class for us when he couldn't even start at southampton?

Christ we're desperate

eggy81
10th August 2021, 03:23 PM
Many players look good in pre-season often or not because we're against a weak side or, a weak fielded side.

what makes you think he can suddenly turn class for us when he couldn't even start at southampton?

Christ we're desperate

It’s more hope than expectation. He looks bang in form. The whole squad does really. Here’s hoping for a very fast start to the season.

justme
10th August 2021, 03:42 PM
I still have a slight giggle when someone on here referred Miamino as Minamoto

TheDOC1979
10th August 2021, 04:18 PM

Christ we're desperate

Let’s be honest Kev, we looked pants against a lot of weak teams last season and they weren’t friendlies.

I’d keep him for sure. He has that something about him.

Steveo
10th August 2021, 04:28 PM
I still have a slight giggle when someone on here referred Miamino as Minamoto

I get Moto Moto..

https://youtu.be/XHEsIgM0LzM

vin
10th August 2021, 05:36 PM
I think he's been "written off" too soon.

He joined a league winning team, during a pandemic, from another country.

It does take players time to acclimatize. Then started to play behind closed doors. He has had good games for us and for Southampton. He has a lot to prove but there is a player in there - he showed previously. There was a sustained period last season where the entire team was underperforming. New players coming into the team have no "earned" credibility from fans - so by being underwhelming they end up attracting more stick

He may not be a regular starter but I think he could be a really really strong squad player/impact player that can play in a number of positions.

TheDOC1979
10th August 2021, 06:44 PM
I think he's been "written off" too soon.

He joined a league winning team, during a pandemic, from another country.

It does take players time to acclimatize. Then started to play behind closed doors. He has had good games for us and for Southampton. He has a lot to prove but there is a player in there - he showed previously. There was a sustained period last season where the entire team was underperforming. New players coming into the team have no "earned" credibility from fans - so by being underwhelming they end up attracting more stick

He may not be a regular starter but I think he could be a really really strong squad player/impact player that can play in a number of positions.

Spot on Vin. Worry is, he might want regular football and he’s not guaranteed that with us

Insidious
10th August 2021, 07:03 PM

Christ we're desperate

A Japanese speaker with no English joins a club mid-season and the World ends up coming to a standstill. Ends up on loan, whilst still learning the new tongue, amongst another group where his language isn't reverberating around the dressing room. It's hardly like a Brazilian coming to Anfield and having Firmino, Alisson, Fabinho and Adrian to talk to right away to settle in.

I understand a sense of urgency when it comes to players needing to perform for us, but I would be giving more leeway to Minamino than almost any player in World Football given the circumstances surrounding his arrival and opening months with us.

Let's see what happens.

Kev0909
10th August 2021, 07:07 PM
Hasn't woodburn been class too? does that mean he's suddenly awesome?

Glad we've got these players to bring it home.

To be fair I see he did score once in league one.

eggy81
10th August 2021, 07:28 PM

He has to be fair. Look there’s a fair chance we flatter to deceive and don’t have a good season especially with a few injuries to key players. I’m just saying that the condition we are in and brand of football we are attempting to play in pre season has somewhat alleviated my feeling of doom and gloom around transfers. A sort of “ maybe they do know what they are doing” type of vibe. Clarkson looked absolutely boss yesterday. Let’s smash Norwich and get off to a flier.

Insidious
10th August 2021, 07:41 PM

I honestly don't know how you survived Hodgson being our boss :lol: Or perhaps that's what made you this way.

Minamino doesn't need to be awesome - he's 5th or 6th choice forward. He simply needs to contribute. Press, cover spaces, run, provide the odd goal or assist when the others aren't firing. We aren't (and won't be) a side which has a £60m back-up in every position on the pitch and that is totally grand.

I mean this sincerely - try to enjoy the season ahead - it's meant to provide an escape from the drudgery, not weigh you down.

Kev0909
10th August 2021, 08:25 PM
How can I comment on the season ahead without a ball being kicked???

Just saying it would be nice to compete without having to hope Minamino suddenly becomes class, when everyone didn't have a good word to say about him last season, fickle as fuck. oh and super ben woodburn......

Other teams must be laughing at us.

Even leicester have done more in the market, with some very good signings, at a resonable price.

Minamino to carry us into top 4 happy days!!!!

But yeah, bigup FSG, while we fall further down the table, Klopp must be getting fed up behind the scenes, probably think's hes managing Newcastle.....

LEGS
10th August 2021, 08:33 PM
We were pretty poor last season for a big chunk of the last season and still finished 3rd.

I want to see us challenge for the title but its going to be hard even if we did spend due to the sums City and now Chelsea are throwing around.

If City get Kane that will be around £350-370m spent from last summer and maybe sales of £100m if they can shift Silva.

City are strong favourites obviously but they will get zero praise from me and im comfortable with that statement.

Insidious
8th February 2022, 12:53 AM
Couldn't find a more recent Taki thread, apologies if I have missed one.

7 goals and made 1 assist in 19 appearances for us this season. The lad was 5th or 6th choice, probably 6th or 7th choice now.

In terms of minutes, he's played 801 - so 114 minutes per goal at the moment.

Firmino is about 161 minutes per goal and Mane is about 205 minutes per goal.

This is not a post to say that Taki is brilliant/perfect for us/better than our other options. However, this is a post to say that our 5th/6th/7th choice forward could very well finish the season having scored 10 goals (which is bonkers if he gets there) having arrived for a modest fee, in a completely different culture, with his arrival coming during a Pandemic, playing for modest wages.

He'll likely end up being sold for a profit (with said funds used to assist the purchase of a better fit to our ever-evolving puzzle) or decide to stay and happily accept a bit-part role akin to Origi's, contributing here and there with the odd goal in the Cups.

He takes more stick than he should and he hopefully can reach those double digits this season.

LFC-DPG
8th February 2022, 09:45 AM
I agree Sid and double digits would be an excellent return for a 5th / 6th choice forward.

Personally I’d rather keep him if he’s happy playing the bit part role he currently has but I think a decent offer would see him leave.

faridtoxteth
8th February 2022, 12:07 PM
Couldn't find a more recent Taki thread, apologies if I have missed one.

7 goals and made 1 assist in 19 appearances for us this season. The lad was 5th or 6th choice, probably 6th or 7th choice now.

In terms of minutes, he's played 801 - so 114 minutes per goal at the moment.

Firmino is about 161 minutes per goal and Mane is about 205 minutes per goal.

This is not a post to say that Taki is brilliant/perfect for us/better than our other options. However, this is a post to say that our 5th/6th/7th choice forward could very well finish the season having scored 10 goals (which is bonkers if he gets there) having arrived for a modest fee, in a completely different culture, with his arrival coming during a Pandemic, playing for modest wages.

He'll likely end up being sold for a profit (with said funds used to assist the purchase of a better fit to our ever-evolving puzzle) or decide to stay and happily accept a bit-part role akin to Origi's, contributing here and there with the odd goal in the Cups.

He takes more stick than he should and he hopefully can reach those double digits this season.

But Sid, those stats are deceptive. He played a lot of cup games against lower league opposition, whereas Sadio is always picked to play in the toughest matches.

Insidious
8th February 2022, 12:41 PM
But Sid, those stats are deceptive. He played a lot of cup games against lower league opposition, whereas Sadio is always picked to play in the toughest matches.

We need options against the weaker opposition so we can give Mane etc rests here and there.

Minamino is, for the moment, doing the job that's expected of him essentially - contributing to team performances in the Cups and getting some goals here and there.

If he keeps it up, he can either contribute for us in the same role next season (by which time he will be even more adjusted than he is now) or will have retained some value, meaning we can sell and put the money towards positions where we may feel an upgrade is required, such as a new midfielder or possibly a back-up to Trent so that he is challenged in the same way Robertson is by Tsimikas.

Either way, I think it's currently working out for a now 6th/7th choice player (Firmino, Mane, Salah, Jota, Diaz all ahead of him) acquired for £7.25m or so.

Hopefully a goal or assist for him in due course against Norwich.

jozza800
8th February 2022, 12:48 PM
Shhh Sid... We should be having £50/60/70m back ups and squad full of expensive internationals...

Steveo
8th February 2022, 03:36 PM
Apart from Virgil, we only have one outfield player in the entire squad that has cost more than £50m.

Naby Keita - ironically he really is backup :D

Taksin
8th February 2022, 03:46 PM
Man City have around 12

jozza800
8th February 2022, 03:47 PM
apart from virgil, we only have one outfield player in the entire squad that has cost more than £50m.

Naby keita - ironically he really is backup :d

:d

jozza800
8th February 2022, 03:48 PM
Man City have around 12

4 of them are fullbacks!:D

Steveo
8th February 2022, 03:51 PM
Man City today - them and Newcastle soon enough I fear.

Kev0909
8th February 2022, 04:27 PM
Think he will stay and be "backup" with Origi leaving

Jota
Firmino
Salah
Mane
Diaz
Minamino

The lad from Fulham? if he comes i'll be surprised if we have 7 into 6, that's not FSG's way, still fear we'll lose mane or salah after Diaz arrival. hope i'm wrong.

We also have players from midfield that can Fill in.. depending what happens in the middle in the summer.

Can see Carvalho being backup to elliot /rotation depending how he does obviously still young but so is elliot.

CCTV
8th February 2022, 07:06 PM

Taki has 2 pl goals in 87 mins.
0 goals or assists in 215 mins in the CL

Origi has 2 goals in 38 mins in the PL.
1 goal & 1 assist in 175 mins in the CL.

These are small samples but respectable per minute stats at the higher level.

CCTV
8th February 2022, 07:07 PM
4 of them are fullbacks!:D

Only 1 of them close to being as good as our 2 !!

Insidious
18th May 2022, 08:00 AM
More than played his part in our attempt at 4 trophies - Domestic Cups particularly.

10 goals - some effort within his minutes played that.

miller0863
18th May 2022, 08:20 AM
One goal every 95 minutes in his 24 appearances, another absolute bargain which we will make a profit on when he leaves

Insidious
18th May 2022, 08:43 AM
How can I comment on the season ahead without a ball being kicked???

Just saying it would be nice to compete without having to hope Minamino suddenly becomes class, when everyone didn't have a good word to say about him last season, fickle as fuck. oh and super ben woodburn......

Other teams must be laughing at us.

Even leicester have done more in the market, with some very good signings, at a resonable price.

Minamino to carry us into top 4 happy days!!!!

But yeah, bigup FSG, while we fall further down the table, Klopp must be getting fed up behind the scenes, probably think's hes managing Newcastle.....

I don't think other teams are laughing now Kev!

What a season!

Kev0909
18th May 2022, 08:57 AM
Yes in fairness this was on the back of a bit of a depressing season compared to what we've been spoiled with of late and players like Firmino way off form.

I still don't think he's brilliant he's done a job most of the times he's played was against weaker teams, he didn't really do much at southampton.... maybe he's fast improving??

Southampton had a weird team out yesterday, pretty sure most on the bench normally start.

but we'll make a nice profit on him at least, nothing against him.

Insidious
18th May 2022, 09:27 AM
From Michael Reid (Opta) -

Best mins/goal for Premier League clubs in all competitions this season (1,000+ mins) -

Takumi Minamino - 101
Riyad Mahrez - 120
Eddie Nketiah - 128
Jamie Vardy - 129
Mo Salah - 130
Cristiano Ronaldo - 133

Kev0909
18th May 2022, 09:29 AM
if stats say everything..... why hasn't he took salahs place!!!

Pff salah should be the one getting sold, surely?

Insidious
18th May 2022, 09:33 AM
Stats don't tell the whole story and it wasn't said in relation to your previous comment (I'd generally quote a post, or pass comment on a specific bit) in any way, just a Taki-positive bit of data in a Taki-positive thread.

Been a fantastic option for us this season. When people look back at the silverware won this year, I hope nobody forgets his contribution.

faridtoxteth
18th May 2022, 10:32 AM
Exactly Sid. Stats are deceptive. A lot of those goals per minutes were against all sorts of opposition in cup games.
I do like Minamino, but apart from being pretty good in the box I don't think he offers enough tenacity in the other areas of the pitch.
I would expect us to sell him in the summer anyway. along with Ox and Div.

Insidious
18th May 2022, 10:39 AM
Exactly Sid. Stats are deceptive. A lot of those goals per minutes were against all sorts of opposition in cup games.
I do like Minamino, but apart from being pretty good in the box I don't think he offers enough tenacity in the other areas of the pitch.
I would expect us to sell him in the summer anyway. along with Ox and Div.

I really like Minamino. Presses well, finds pockets of space, good movement, tidy finisher.

That said (I don't find the search function great on this site in fairness) you can definitely find posts of mine where I say I would be happy to sell if the right offer came in, to help fund options that are a more physically gifted fit, given the build of many of this League's players.

Nineteenx
18th May 2022, 10:53 AM

Well said Kev, stats are falsely used to try and make many a point

Insidious
18th May 2022, 10:59 AM
Minamino is Liverpool's highest goalscorer in domestic Cup competitions this season.

CCTV
18th May 2022, 12:40 PM

Pff salah should be the one getting sold, surely?

Taki's form probably deserved a few more starts of late, as has Salahs form deserved a few rests/benching.
Both in top form Salahs the better player.

Kev0909
18th May 2022, 12:43 PM
Taki's form probably deserved a few more starts of late, as has Salahs form deserved a few rests/benching.
Both in top form Salahs the better player.

You sure about that CCTV?

Salah is the better player?

I'm gobsmacked

CCTV
18th May 2022, 12:46 PM
You sure about that CCTV?

Salah is the better player?

I'm gobsmacked

In 2022 its been harder to tell

LEGS
18th May 2022, 02:33 PM
It is a hard one as players like Taki are useful in cup games and the odd game here & there in CL/PL.

We could get around £15m for him its whether he wants to go or if we think he is worth being a squad player.

If it was me id want to play games as that is your dream as a kid, nobody thinks I wanna be a footballer and sit on the bench for 80% of the season or do they ??!! Im not Taki though and he is at an elite club with chance of medals.

Stats are sometimes useful depending what you are looking for our club clearly use them to identify players who fit our style/system.

I did see some arguing over Bowen saying he doesnt have XYZ I would not need stats to know he wouldnt be a flop here my eyes tell me he is good enough.