PDA

View Full Version : Your Team v Manc United

CCTV
5th January 2021, 12:48 AM
As we all know Sid has lost his touch and instead of facing reality, he just shoots up these threads even faster out of a
sad sense of desperation for past glories :lol:
So having thwarted our beloved pox ahead of time, lets move on to the the big game and our focus.

My Team:

Alisson
Trent Williams Fabinho Robertson
Henderson Thiago
Shaqiri Firmino Mane
Salah

Subs: Kelleher, Neco, Phillips, Milner, Gini, Jones, Ox, Minamino, Origi

I'll stick with Trent at right-back, 38 give aways tonight as many touches as Ox had. Whose passing was as a percentage as poor as Trent, but Trent had 7 of his 18 long passes connect and 11 miss, whereas ox had 2 long passes and had 1 connect. Ox had a worse game imo and Trent getting a fair bit of flak, has my backing for the big game.

R.Williams last time i saw him play he was very pro-active and read the game well. Hendo at CB has more pace but is lost at cb and needed in midfield.

Fabinho and Robbo pick themselves.

4231 - a more compact approach overall with 4 attackers to break and wreak havoc.

The 2 - Hendo right and Thiago left. Hendo a vital force in our midfield and Thiago a baller to complement Hendo.

Gini is benched for 2 reasons: 1) his contract situation and barca rumours are an issue 2) hes still a good option off the bench given our available players and a goal threat. Only Origi has more goals from open play iirc.

The 3 - oh for a Jota

Gone with Shaqiri right, Bobby at ten and Mane left. Salah as cf and to the right out of possession. Shaq's defensive work has improved imo and he has an eye for a pass, even a goal or 2 v the mancs.

Now having demonstrated some pattern recognition, displayed soem ruthless cuntishness steeped in brutal honesty.
I hope, it rubs off on the lads and Klopp.

A top of the table cruch fixture versus the worst of football clubs and they have a game in hand !!
I'm expecting fireworks and a massive strike-back.

Sorry sid, but i'd kill my granny to win this particular game. (Open disclosure both my grannies are dead and i didnt kill them)

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 12:50 AM
Won't matip/jota be back, or nearly?

At least jota, Matip probably will break down getting out of bed

miller0863
5th January 2021, 12:54 AM
Apparently Matip will be back.

Suppose Trent will keep his place but whatever happens the midfield has to be Thiago, Henderson and Wijnaldum.

CCTV
5th January 2021, 12:54 AM
Won't matip/jota be back, or nearly?

At least jota, Matip probably will break down getting out of bed

Last i saw on a website, Matip 21st Jan, Jota 6th of february.
https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 12:55 AM
Fuck sake thought jota was closer

Doomed

CCTV
5th January 2021, 12:55 AM
If Matip is back it will be welcome news.

Insidious
5th January 2021, 12:56 AM
If you absolutely insist on doing this again, do it at a weekend, please.

OCD isn't fun.

CCTV
5th January 2021, 12:59 AM
If you absolutely insist on doing this again, do it at a weekend, please.

OCD isn't fun.

Why ?

Kev0909
5th January 2021, 01:00 AM
Why ?

Great now you've angered the sid that's all we need

Boris locks us down
Southampton beat us via danny ings

And now you've angered the sid

2021 keeps on giving

what a year

"HAPPY NEW YEAR LOL"

reddownunder
5th January 2021, 01:02 AM
Alisson
Milner Williams Fabinho Robertson
Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane

RedNoodle
5th January 2021, 01:06 AM
Why ?

Because it makes you obsess over things that shouldn't have any effect on your life or wellbeing, to the point where it ends up detrimentally affecting/destroying both.

CCTV
5th January 2021, 04:26 AM
Great now you've angered the sid that's all we need

Boris locks us down
Southampton beat us via danny ings

And now you've angered the sid

2021 keeps on giving

what a year

"HAPPY NEW YEAR LOL"

Because it makes you obsess over things that shouldn't have any effect on your life or wellbeing, to the point where it ends up detrimentally affecting/destroying both.

Thanks for the replies on sids behalf. I'd like to hear from him though as I'm not sure what he's on about exactly.
For example, there's been some variance in his compulsions around the matchthreads.
Previously there was quiet a delay and I'd ask him to get on it after a day or two of our last game ending. Then with justme iirc theys/its request was to stop posting them within minutes or seconds of the match ending.
So I'd like Sid to explain what he's asking me to do exactly, whatever his compulsion or my error isn't clear. Previously the compulsion as I saw it was around the run of results, ie Sid posts your team thread we win lots- he keeps doing it, I don't interfere, having had my own run of doing your team threads before.

Whereas my reason for posting this thread was similarly around the idea of luck/omens and breaking my thoughts around this quirky phenomenon, sids your team now not being lucky.

Or was it how I express myself more generally and just talking about sid that was the issue. Would it have been ok for me to post the thread trying to break the perceived luck or pox if I hadn't taken to what I consider humorous waffle to Sid.

RedNoodle
5th January 2021, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the replies on sids behalf. I'd like to hear from him though as I'm not sure what he's on about exactly.

For example, there's been some variance in his compulsions around the matchthreads.
Previously there was quiet a delay and I'd ask him to get on it after a day or two of our last game ending. Then with justme iirc theys/its request was to stop posting them within minutes or seconds of the match ending.
So I'd like Sid to explain what he's asking me to do exactly, whatever his compulsion or my error isn't clear. Previously the compulsion as I saw it was around the run of results, ie Sid posts your team thread we win lots- he keeps doing it, I don't interfere, having had my own run of doing your team threads before.

Whereas my reason for posting this thread was similarly around the idea of luck/omens and breaking my thoughts around this quirky phenomenon, sids your team now not being lucky.

Or was it how I express myself more generally and just talking about sid that was the issue. Would it have been ok for me to post the thread trying to break the perceived luck or pox if I hadn't taken to what I consider humorous waffle to Sid.

Sid may have his own take on it, but trust me, what I say is regularly the truth of the matter. Some may get away with it not having any kind of substantial impact on 'things', but I'd suggest that most who mention it to others have at least one aspect/area of it that causes them issues.

Sid has already mentioned his OCD nature in regards to that thread. That suggests it's not anything to do with luck, especially as he has done such threads in regards to the cups, which we haven't had much 'luck' in for a fair while.

CCTV
5th January 2021, 05:21 AM
Sid may have his own take on it, but trust me, what I say is regularly the truth of the matter. Some may get away with it not having any kind of substantial impact on 'things', but I'd suggest that most who mention it to others have at least one aspect/area of it that causes them issues.

Sid has already mentioned his OCD nature in regards to that thread. That suggests it's not anything to do with luck, especially as he has done such threads in regards to the cups, which we haven't had much 'luck' in for a fair while.

I did them beforehand, there's been variance in his posting and I'm not sure what he's on about specifically. What do you think he's on about specifically?
Sid has also been of the opinion that the domestic cups are insignificant compared to the league and cl, much like myself (although I'd like us to normally do better) as I wasn't arsed about breaking the streak for the fa cup v villa.

Do I have permission to post less correctly on the weekends than during the week, can I post threads for your team, to break my idea about luck on a Saturday or Friday but not Sunday to Thursday.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what is regarded as mental health expertise as the stats indicate errors, increasingly poor mental health and a decline in resilience.

CCTV
5th January 2021, 05:23 AM
Educated fools from uneducated schools would be my best take on them generally, with a steady inability to accept findings that contradict their wish fulfilment and desires.

RedNoodle
5th January 2021, 05:43 AM
I did them beforehand, there's been variance in his posting and I'm not sure what he's on about specifically. What do you think he's on about specifically?
Sid has also been of the opinion that the domestic cups are insignificant compared to the league and cl, much like myself (although I'd like us to normally do better) as I wasn't arsed about breaking the streak for the fa cup v villa.

Do I have permission to post less correctly on the weekends than during the week, can I post threads for your team, to break my idea about luck on a Saturday or Friday but not Sunday to Thursday.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what is regarded as mental health expertise as the stats indicate errors, increasingly poor mental health and a decline in resilience.

I obviously cannot say for sure, but 'knowing what I know' I would say that it's possible he has got into a habit of posting such threads, and the thought of not continuing to do so gives him a very uncomfortable feeling.

In terms of any expertise I may have on the subject, it certainly isn't down to anything a so called 'professional' has said.

Need I say more?

Nineteenx
5th January 2021, 06:51 AM
Apparently Matip will be back.

Suppose Trent will keep his place but whatever happens the midfield has to be Thiago, Henderson and Wijnaldum.

Absolutely and let's not forget we lost our good early season for through fucking about with the formation and players positions, it was a shit idea then and it's a shit idea now.

Whatever the question is, unless it's 'Which waste of a squad place and wages should we move on asap?' Shaqiri is never the answer

Alisson

Trent Schuurs Fabinho Robertson

Salah Firmino Mane

justme
5th January 2021, 09:50 AM
If Jota is back.you kick your non scoring centre forward into touch. I would still not play him anyway. Minamino Salah and Mane has the 3.

LEGS
5th January 2021, 12:16 PM
Alisson
Trent
Robbo
Matip/Williams
Fabinho
Hendo
Gini
Thiago
Mane
Firmino
Salah

We really do need Hendo in midfield we are already losing Fabinho in there.

I know 19 isnt a fan of Fab in midfield but him and Hendo both 6ft and good in the air we dont get bullied either last night we did first half.

CCTV
13th January 2021, 09:52 AM
Has Rashford picked up his injury doubt status ahead of our game yet ? :D

Steveo
13th January 2021, 10:01 AM

Status pending...

justme
13th January 2021, 11:12 AM

He will be out delivering food parcels

Balinkay
13th January 2021, 12:38 PM
My Manc mates are starting to gloat already... spoilt brats.

LEGS
13th January 2021, 05:22 PM
Seeing the news on Matip although not ruled out doesnt look good.

I bet we go with Hendo/Fabinho at CB again not ideal

justme
13th January 2021, 05:26 PM
I wouldnt go with Henderson at centre back hes much better in midfield. Its likely to be Philips and Fabinho.
A 3 of Thiago/Henderson/Wijnaldum. Hopefully Keita can be on the bench.

LEGS
13th January 2021, 06:11 PM
I wouldnt go with Henderson at centre back hes much better in midfield. Its likely to be Philips and Fabinho.
A 3 of Thiago/Henderson/Wijnaldum. Hopefully Keita can be on the bench.

I wouldnt either mate but its what my gut feeling is.

Williams has to play for me and Phillips against Burnley.

Tell me more about this Keita guy you mention haha

skyebo
13th January 2021, 06:14 PM
I wouldnt either mate but its what my gut feeling is.

Williams has to play for me and Phillips against Burnley.

Tell me more about this Keita guy you mention haha

You'll need to ask the physio about that one. He's seen him more than Klopp has since he came here.

Nineteenx
13th January 2021, 08:43 PM
I expect nothing less than a win and 3 points for our lads

I expect each and every player to perform at their highest levels of intensity, focus and quality

I expect them to treat this game and all those after it like THAT second leg v Barca

Our opposition, but for VAR would be languishing 12 points behind us and all of those bogus decisions we've been rocked by, v Everton, Brighton, WBA, Newcastle and Southampton are all the result of those dirty, honourless corrupt bastards trying to hand the shower of free hand outs shite we play in this game a sniff of a title win, like so many of theirs under Ferguson they simply do not merit, deserve or should be anywhere near

Kev0909
13th January 2021, 10:37 PM
I feel like we need henderson in midfield for this, williams will have to play CB and hopefully we can control the game enough for him to avoid being got at much

Last thing we want is fernandes and pogba running free in the midfield, which will happen.

In a ideal world it would be henderson and fabinho in there, sadly that can't happen.

Wij needs to have the game of his life

Steveo
13th January 2021, 10:46 PM
Is Matip not going to make it..?

miller0863
13th January 2021, 10:47 PM
Got to start taking chances when on top in games, we won’t win this 1-0, we might win 2-1 or 3-2 but we have to be much better in front of goal than we have since Palace.

miller0863
13th January 2021, 10:48 PM
Not joining in full training yet so not looking good

Steveo
13th January 2021, 10:50 PM
Not joining in full training yet so not looking good

Bummer - a risk either way. Play him and he will likely be out for weeks following a game of that magnitude - don’t play him and risk being opened up like a tin of beans..

miller0863
13th January 2021, 10:51 PM
I’ll get the toast ready..

Kev0909
13th January 2021, 10:55 PM
I'd take a draw with this sure we'll be 3 pts behind but... we'll get back to it, matip will be back for a few weeks, Jota is getting closer etc.

I'm a bit worried about them ending the season and UTD winning it though, unless they cancel euros but surely there's too much money involved with that?? and all the other big leagues will also have to end the season, and others aren't as riddled as the UK because we're incapable of common sense.

Balinkay
13th January 2021, 11:05 PM
Jota will likely be back for City, so not that far away.

Kev0909
14th January 2021, 12:21 PM
Keita not training either apparently.... (shocker)

So midfield of Wij thiago Jones/ox??

hope we don't pick up any more injury's to midfielders otherwise we'll run out of them too with 2 playing at CB....

Nineteenx
14th January 2021, 03:09 PM
Got to get back to playing angry, not getting involved in and doing anything stupid angry, that aggreived settle a score, put things right, supremely focused, determined and committed channelled angry we saw after the Ramos final and being robbed of the 18/19 title by bent officiating

boom-klopp
14th January 2021, 09:24 PM
1-0 up and a great chance to wrap the game up to make it 2-0.

Falls to that pile of dung firmino or salad only to miss.

mancs equalise 1-1, and that’s another opportunity gone.

i can see it.

ianlfc
14th January 2021, 10:00 PM
1-0 up and a great chance to wrap the game up to make it 2-0.

Falls to that pile of dung firmino or salad only to miss.

mancs equalise 1-1, and that’s another opportunity gone.

i can see it.

Alright Clinton Baptiste, Calm down.

RedNoodle
15th January 2021, 12:46 AM
This should surprise nobody:- https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-penalties-rashford-mourinho-23318792

SydneyLFC
15th January 2021, 12:55 AM
Got to start taking chances when on top in games, we won’t win this 1-0, we might win 2-1 or 3-2 but we have to be much better in front of goal than we have since Palace.

Agree - defence an issue... finishing from attackers is the REAL problem.

RedNoodle
15th January 2021, 12:57 AM
Agree - defence an issue... finishing from attackers is the REAL problem.

Steve Nicol is currently on the radio saying the same.

Steveo
15th January 2021, 01:23 AM
Midfield has little to offer in a creative capacity.

Stop the FB’s and you cut off supply - then when the front line is off form you get points off us.

Has been the obvious flaw for years - I just find it amazing that we managed so well despite this.

Perhaps the towering presence of Virgil at the back and his aerial threat going forward has far more to do with us winning games consistently - than people realise.

RedNoodle
15th January 2021, 01:25 AM
Midfield has nothing to offer in a creative capacity. Stop the FB’s and you cut off supply - then when the front line is off form you get points off us.

Yep. But apparently we don't need to beef up our team/squad, not that we/FSG have got a pot to pee in, that is if you believe what some have been saying.

Balinkay
15th January 2021, 08:08 AM
Better CBs -> less defensive work for the FBs -> less defensive work for the midfield -> more free reign to go forward -> profit

It's not the only issue (just like VAR isn't regarding our results), but it's a contributing factor.

Steveo
15th January 2021, 09:21 AM
Better CBs -> less defensive work for the FBs -> less defensive work for the midfield -> more free reign to go forward -> profit

It's not the only issue (just like VAR isn't regarding our results), but it's a contributing factor.

Absolutely - and perhaps most crucial factor of all.

Hunger..!

I do think after missing out on the title in 2019 ( and how cruel was that BTW ) that the team were simply determined to go again and do it.

We were relentless in hoovering up points - often points we scarcely deserved.

That determination to take the title - end the 30 year ( how did it take so long ) wait - is a hallmark of Klopp’s sides. He thrives on adversity and seems to be able to transmit that to the players.

That edge has been missing since the title was effectively down up pre Covid.

Balinkay
15th January 2021, 10:53 AM
Yes, good point Estabano :D. It's a mixture of things. This next game vs United is going to be important in regaining that desire and self belief, even if it ultimately decides nothing. Let's get a statement win and welcome Jota with another one v City.

ianlfc
15th January 2021, 11:39 AM
The full backs don't have the confidence going forward as they did having Virgil and Joe at the back. Also throw in the factor of not having the midfield cover of Fabinho when they bomb on.
Now we're the chaser things might just change the mindset for the better.

Steveo
15th January 2021, 12:16 PM
Think the FB’s are simply being asked to do a more conventional FB role. More focus on defending. It means the midfield has to create and take it’s fair share of goals too.

When asked they have been found wanting. Only Ox - Keita and Shaq - when fit offer this. Klopp really isn’t clued up on that part of the game IMO.

It’s why I have said Hendo outside this setup - is not the same player. Gini - belongs in a more creative midfield and to play with the freedom he does for Holland - but will do the job Klopp has asked - perhaps a reason why he keeps his contract options open...?

The midfield has been used by Klopp to facilitate other areas of the team rather than be the driving force.

It got us to where we needed to be - but IMO - it isn’t the way to stay there or dominate for any length of time.

To be at the top and stay there is tough - only great sides manage it - you need to develop many ways to play - you need a versatile squad - not just players who can do multiple roles ( a penchant of owners who won’t pay what it takes ) - but players who can play in multiple setups - better players - with better technique. Then once that is achieved - you have to constantly keep adding that quality to the side - keep it fresh, keep opposition guessing and unable to setup to stop you.

Let’s see what miracle Klopp can conjure up this season - we all live in hope - but we really needed to beef up that squad in summer 2019. I can’t help but think we have missed the boat.

I wish to god that sodding Carra would button it - but make no mistake the game with United is our biggest since the Madrid Final!

jozza800
15th January 2021, 12:17 PM
Absolutely - and perhaps most crucial factor of all.

Hunger..!

I do think after missing out on the title in 2019 ( and how cruel was that BTW ) that the team were simply determined to go again and do it.

We were relentless in hoovering up points - often points we scarcely deserved.

That determination to take the title - end the 30 year ( how did it take so long ) wait - is a hallmark of Klopp’s sides. He thrives on adversity and seems to be able to transmit that to the players.

That edge has been missing since the title was effectively down up pre Covid.

That was my big worry going into this season. The intensity just hasnt been there.

We've been trying to coast through games. Almost as if we're trying to conserve energy. Well Klopp needs to let them off the leash on Sunday/ 100% balls to the wall, non-stop rock and roll!

Allison
TTA - Williams - Fabinho - Robbo
Thiago - Henderson - Wij
Salah - Firmino - Mane

boom-klopp
15th January 2021, 06:27 PM
Think the FB’s are simply being asked to do a more conventional FB role. More focus on defending. It means the midfield has to create and take it’s fair share of goals too.

When asked they have been found wanting. Only Ox - Keita and Shaq - when fit offer this. Klopp really isn’t clued up on that part of the game IMO.

It’s why I have said Hendo outside this setup - is not the same player. Gini - belongs in a more creative midfield and to play with the freedom he does for Holland - but will do the job Klopp has asked - perhaps a reason why he keeps his contract options open...?

The midfield has been used by Klopp to facilitate other areas of the team rather than be the driving force.

It got us to where we needed to be - but IMO - it isn’t the way to stay there or dominate for any length of time.

To be at the top and stay there is tough - only great sides manage it - you need to develop many ways to play - you need a versatile squad - not just players who can do multiple roles ( a penchant of owners who won’t pay what it takes ) - but players who can play in multiple setups - better players - with better technique. Then once that is achieved - you have to constantly keep adding that quality to the side - keep it fresh, keep opposition guessing and unable to setup to stop you.

Let’s see what miracle Klopp can conjure up this season - we all live in hope - but we really needed to beef up that squad in summer 2019. I can’t help but think we have missed the boat.

I wish to god that sodding Carra would button it - but make no mistake the game with United is our biggest since the Madrid Final!

we’re missing 2 top quality central midfielders, an elite attacker, centre back and right back.

fsg have not looked into finding those replacements which is a dereliction of duty.

if we’re still going with ox, jones and sick note keita next season, we are in trouble.

Balinkay
15th January 2021, 06:53 PM
A top class defensive right back and attacking midfielder wouldn't go amiss either. Same goes for competition for Alisson. Not to mention Fabinho - standards have been slipping. Someone like Schezxzxhny + Kimmich and maybe Joao Felix to challenge for places up top. Would love a DLP like Tonalli but it might be too early for him.

Some better LB competition would be excellent - Davis at Bayern for example.

Honestly, it'd be criminal if we don't sign at least four of the players I mentioned this month - FSG should be taken out back and shot.

skyebo
15th January 2021, 06:57 PM
A top class defensive right back and attacking midfielder wouldn't go amiss either. Same goes for competition for Alisson. Not to mention Fabinho - standards have been slipping. Someone like Schezxzxhny + Kimmich and maybe Joao Felix to challenge for places up top. Would love a DLP like Tonalli but it might be too early for him.

Some better LB competition would be excellent - Davis at Bayern for example.

Honestly, it'd be criminal if we don't sign at least four of the players I mentioned this month - FSG should be taken out back and shot.

More chance of getting Schezxzxhny Hawkes.

Balinkay
15th January 2021, 07:03 PM
You know that's fair. Someone like Oblak might be more realistic.

I stand by the rest! I'm burning all my half-n-half scarves if we don't get Felix and Davis!! :mad:

skyebo
15th January 2021, 07:07 PM
You know that's fair. Someone like Oblak might be more realistic.

I stand by the rest! I'm burning all my half-n-half scarves if we don't get Felix and Davis!! :mad:

That's gonna be some bonfire Bali lol

Balinkay
15th January 2021, 07:11 PM
:D

Jokes aside, I actually do have one half-n-half scarf - from the final against Sevilla. Went to Basel as I lived only a few hours away at the time. I'd never wear it, but it's a nice souvenir I think.

Balinkay
15th January 2021, 09:09 PM
Joel Matip returned to training with the #LFC squad this afternoon. Will two sessions be enough to convince Klopp to throw him straight back into the team to face United? Three weeks since he last played. Big decision for the manager with so many games coming up.

Pearce ^

Artisan
15th January 2021, 09:22 PM
For me the two most important factors on Sunday is whose reffing and whose sitting in the VAR box.

ianlfc
15th January 2021, 09:38 PM
For me the two most important factors on Sunday is whose reffing and whose sitting in the VAR box.

Not you as well. The two most important factors are that we control the midfield and our Forwards take their chances.

faridtoxteth
15th January 2021, 10:02 PM

Paul Tierney and Stuart Atwell.
Tierney has given five penalties to Man utd in his last ten games.
I think he has never given us one, but I think he gave that one against us at chelsea which alison saved.

boom-klopp
15th January 2021, 10:33 PM
So Oleh threw toffee the other day and now Fergie’s chucked some at Hendo.

Hope they don’t fall for it again like they did with Fat Sam the other week.

We know Salad loves his ego massaged, so if he doesn’t turn up again vs the mancs, the toffee worked.

Happily sell him to get 3 up and comers like Jota in.

RedNoodle
15th January 2021, 11:51 PM
It's already nailed on that we'll get nothing from the officials, and that two similar incidents will take place in each other's box, with us getting given sod all, and them being given a decisive penalty.

If I was a betting man, had a body that allowed me to move off of my bed for more than five minutes, and the bookies were open, I'd stick a couple of quid on those things happening.

Nineteenx
16th January 2021, 12:13 AM
Alisson

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Salah Firmino Mane

CCTV
16th January 2021, 12:14 AM
Who scored preview:

Line ups

Alisson
TAA Williams Fabinho Robbo
Hendo Thiago Gini
Salah Firmino Mane

Martial
Pogba Bruno Rashford
Free McTominay
Shaw Maguire Bailey AWB
Gea

Prediction:
LFC 2-1 MUFC

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1485383/Preview/England-Premier-League-2020-2021-Liverpool-Manchester-United

miller0863
16th January 2021, 12:18 AM
To win this game in particular and the title overall we need to take it into our own hands and take a much higher percentage of our chances. If we were already 2 or 3-0 up by the time the officials began screwing us over, it wouldn’t matter. But when we start as slowly as we did against Fulham or miss as many as we did against Newcastle, it is our own fault when a combination of the on and off field officials give the opposition their usual leg up.

Nineteenx
16th January 2021, 12:18 AM

Fuck them, let's be clinical with our opportunities and not give them any opportunities to make bad calls

miller0863
16th January 2021, 12:19 AM
And 19’s line up should be strong enough to win by 2.

jr81
16th January 2021, 11:04 AM

No it's not. It's how we play. Its up to us to make sure there can't be any doubt who wins.

If we play to our potential then we win.
The refs shouldn't come into it.

Blaming refs and decisions is a poor excuse. It just shows we are playing badly and not able to put teams away.

Balinkay
16th January 2021, 12:12 PM
If we play Hendo, Thiago and Wij + Matip and Fabinho, we'll win.

ianlfc
16th January 2021, 12:17 PM
Alisson

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Salah Firmino Mane

If we don't win with that line up then there will be no excuses. Maybe swap Thiago with Henderson with the time Utd give us, I can see Thiago getting balls in behind the Utd defence better from the middle.

Kev0909
16th January 2021, 01:52 PM
https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/139510810_1668873629984892_6750982771260754178_o.j pg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=qBS5_t2ToCMAX_Kjrql&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=02f4c05da9c6c7c0b14a6bbb7c3ecdda&oe=602875F1

Balinkay
16th January 2021, 02:04 PM
Hehehe, nice.

ianlfc
16th January 2021, 04:04 PM
It's been along time, maybe the Rafa game at Old Trafford were we have really hammered them.

Steveo
16th January 2021, 04:11 PM
Almost 12 years ago. March 2009.

Despite going a goal behind to a Ronaldo penalty - Torres terrorised Vidic.. So few managed that.

Here’s hoping we can terrorise their defence tomorrow evening.

ianlfc
16th January 2021, 04:13 PM
Despite going a goal behind - Torres terrorised Vidic that day.. So few managed that.

Here’s hoping we can terrorise their defence tomorrow evening.

If I remember right we went on and beat Real Madrid 4-1 the following Wednesday night. Gerrard and Torres were possibly the best in the world at that time.
I wonder will Ole come to play football or just park the bus ? Their fans are praying for the 3 points and a top performance, which would mean they come and play football which could play right into our hands.

skyebo
16th January 2021, 04:17 PM
If I remember right we went on and beat Real Madrid 4-1 the following Wednesday night. Gerrard and Torres were possibly the best in the world at that time.
I wonder will Ole come to play football or just park the bus ? Their fans are praying for the 3 points and a top performance, which would mean they come and play football which could play right into our hands.

He'll be parking the bus, the cup game next week will be better than this to watch as they're at home.

Kev0909
16th January 2021, 04:24 PM
Well utd's away form aint half bad so whatever they're doing works

justme
16th January 2021, 04:46 PM
I know theres rivalry with the bitters and the man-cheatys. But personally i fucking hate them lot. We really need to win tomorrow and then carry on winning.

ianlfc
16th January 2021, 04:49 PM

Earlier in the season they were having shocking first half performances and pulling the game back in the 2nd half by going on the attack.
You would hope if that happened tomorrow we would have the know how to pick them off on the counter attack.
I do feel we'll win the game but you never know with that lot. I've been to enough of these games to know form goes out the window.
My favourite was the Carling cup final in Cardiff.
At Anfield, probably the one were Riise scored the rocket free kick and my least favourite was the Stevie sending off at the start of coming on the 2nd half. I'd just got over the surprise of Pele coming on the pitch at half time aswell.

skyebo
16th January 2021, 04:52 PM

I'm talking about the way they play, not how successful they are. Leeds are more enjoyable to watch, even away from home. I only hope we score first, if they do it will be a 10 men behind the ball job.

justme
16th January 2021, 05:03 PM
I always feel if TAA and Firmino have good games we always have a massive chance of winning..

stevie harkness
16th January 2021, 05:09 PM
I would have thought Man Utd fans will be delighted with a draw. Their worse case scenario is they'll be level on points with us.

Balinkay
16th January 2021, 05:10 PM
It's been along time, maybe the Rafa game at Old Trafford were we have really hammered them.

We beat them 3-1 under Rodgers, we could have had a lot more that game.

Balinkay
16th January 2021, 05:11 PM

We beat RM 4-0. Torres, Gerrard, Gerrard, Dossena.

justme
16th January 2021, 05:13 PM
I will be interested to see what the ref does tomorrow. has soon as Fernandes dives.. Will he give the free kick?? guess its easier for him to cheat when theres no fans in the crowd. making it evident he got it wrong.

ianlfc
16th January 2021, 05:20 PM

No, I want to proper hammer them ,5 or 6 😂😂

Balinkay
16th January 2021, 05:21 PM
Big boost for Liverpool as Joel Matip trains with the rest of the squad this evening. Gives him a fighting chance to be included for Sunday’s visit from Man Utd.

Gorst ^

ianlfc
16th January 2021, 05:21 PM
We beat RM 4-0. Torres, Gerrard, Gerrard, Dossena.

That's right with the Doss scoring against both teams in the same week.
Cult hero status after that.

stevie harkness
16th January 2021, 05:24 PM

We beat them 3-1 under Dalglish as he turned 60, Dirk Kuyt hat trick, and the Kop sang happy birthday

ianlfc
16th January 2021, 05:31 PM
We beat them 3-1 under Dalglish as he turned 60, Dirk Kuyt hat trick, and the Kop sang happy birthday

Iirc , he scored all 3 goals from about 2 yards out !!

Balinkay
16th January 2021, 05:41 PM

We did! That might be my favourite win against them. We weren't better by a mile, we were just better. It felt like with the King at the helm we could look them in the eye.

Balinkay
16th January 2021, 05:42 PM
Iirc , he scored all 3 goals from about 2 yards out !!

His first was already touching the goal line, his second was two yards out from a Nani miscued headed clearance and his third was a yard out after VDS failed to hold onto a Suarez free kick.

skyebo
16th January 2021, 05:57 PM

Most teams won there under Moyes, they lost 7 at home with him in charge. No wonder they binned him.

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 01:35 AM
Let's just bum the ManchestVAR filth

RedNoodle
17th January 2021, 01:41 AM
Let's just bum the ManchestVAR filth

Shouldn't we at least buy them dinner first?

Artisan
17th January 2021, 09:04 AM
Not you as well. The two most important factors are that we control the midfield and our Forwards take their chances.

I so hope you're right, losing to a better team on the day is ok losing to a couple iffy decisions is not. I'm almost glad i'm having to work.

Artisan
17th January 2021, 09:09 AM
Fuck them, let's be clinical with our opportunities and not give them any opportunities to make bad calls

Boom, that's the attitude...Play the feckers off the park. This is our title, you can have it but yah gotta kill me 1st.

justme
17th January 2021, 04:31 PM
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Henderson, Fabinho, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Thiago, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Minamino, Origi, R. Williams, Phillips, N. Williams.

miller0863
17th January 2021, 04:35 PM
Shaqiri in there to lead the press eh?

Jesus wept. Cannot believe it wouldn’t be better to field our strongest midfield and put Phillips or Williams in alongside Fab.

Do not agree with this selection at all

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 04:37 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

Trent Henderson Fabinho Robertson

Shaqiri Thiago Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, get the win here today, all those horrendous bent decisions that have scandalously robbed you of 9 to 11 points this season so far are all down to what can only be described as an orchestrated campaign to try and hand today's opponents a shot at a title they shouldn't be anywhere near and still wouldn't be but for this crazy season fixture wise, beat these fuckers, play with that controlled aggression you did for 2 years when Ramos and then UAE FC robbed you, they're trying to rob you again, in broad fucking daylight, DO NOT allow them to get away with it

CCTV
17th January 2021, 04:37 PM
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Henderson, Fabinho, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Thiago, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Minamino, Origi, R. Williams, Phillips, N. Williams.

Surprised he's gone with Shaq ahead of Milner with Hendo starting at centre back.
Let's win it

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 04:38 PM
Nothing surprises me with Klopp anymore

hopefully we've got our shooting boots on

shouldn't be a boring game at least.

justme
17th January 2021, 04:38 PM
We are expecting them to drop off and give us the ball what happens when they run at us??

HLOGI
17th January 2021, 04:39 PM
Surprised he's gone with Shaq ahead of Milner with Hendo starting at centre back.
Let's win it

Shaq us on the eye but not physical. We might get over tune in midfield by bigger physical and athletic players today. Klopp taking massive risks will either be a genius after 95 minutes or not.

HLOGI
17th January 2021, 04:41 PM
We are expecting them to drop off and give us the ball what happens when they run at us??

That us a big issue. They will and it us going to be ugly unless we snatch all our goalscoring chances in this game. Ut us definitely finesse vs power today.

miller0863
17th January 2021, 04:41 PM
All logic would point to putting Williams or Phillips in, it’s certainly not genius it’s a massive risk and totally illogical

justme
17th January 2021, 04:42 PM
Again Firminio needs a good game.

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 04:45 PM
A couple of deflected Shaqiri efforts leaving De Gea stranded would do the trick very nicely

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 04:47 PM
All logic would point to putting Williams or Phillips in, it’s certainly not genius it’s a massive risk and totally illogical

Well, hopefully it comes off, I always maintain that our best means of defence or rather protecting our defence is playing our strongest possible midfield and having our press at or approaching it's best

CCTV
17th January 2021, 04:48 PM
Shaq us on the eye but not physical. We might get over tune in midfield by bigger physical and athletic players today. Klopp taking massive risks will either be a genius after 95 minutes or not.

Could be a compact 4231

LEGS
17th January 2021, 04:49 PM
Could be a compact 4231

That is how I see it with Salah up front.

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 04:50 PM
Could be a compact 4231

Could be, but that would be letting them have more of the ball and trying to play and as much as I dislike them, they can actually play if you let them

skyebo
17th January 2021, 04:53 PM
He can't use the injury list as an excuse for moving players around. Not when he chooses to keep two perfectly capable players on the bench and play a midfielder at the back instead. A head scratching selection to say the least.

miller0863
Even better. So instead of just bringing in a young CB and other than that, keeping to our strongest line up and formation, we are weakening two parts of the team and changing formation. Not over thinking it whatsoever...

It’s behind the sofa for me ...

Kev0909
Maybe his plan is to pass it around at the back all game and aim for 0-0 ?

Henderson is good at doing that

jr81
17th January 2021, 04:55 PM
He can't use the injury list as an excuse for moving players around. Not when he chooses to keep two perfectly capable players on the bench and play a midfielder at the back instead. A head scratching selection to say the least.

Capable? Have you read some of the comments about them on here? It's all opinions. Klopps is that they are not capable for this game.

jr81
17th January 2021, 04:56 PM
Maybe his plan is to pass it around at the back all game and aim for 0-0 ?

Henderson is good at doing that
Would you prefer he left at this stage?

miller0863
17th January 2021, 04:56 PM
Have you seen Henderson at CB? He is definitely not better in there than either Phillips or Williams

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 04:58 PM
Would you prefer he left at this stage?

No i'd rather FSG leave so we can afford a cheap CB who can do a job at least

without Klopp they'd be selling for a lot less

faridtoxteth
17th January 2021, 04:58 PM
I think Jordan Henderson has got more pace than either Williams or Philips. And loads of experience. So that will be the reason.
Shaq has been playing well recently. he is creative..
The front six looks tasty to me and I think it will be a lot for maguire and co to deal with.

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 04:59 PM
Capable? Have you read some of the comments about them on here? It's all opinions. Klopps is that they are not capable for this game.

Capable as in our best form of defence or rather protecting our defence is playing our best midfield and having our press, counter press and ability in winning second balls at or approaching its best, there were loads of games last season in that run of 15 back to back wins with Hendo at CM where the opposition barely even got a look at our defence, about 13 of the 15

LEGS
17th January 2021, 04:59 PM
Have you seen Henderson at CB? He is definitely not better in there than either Phillips or Williams

I would have started Williams over Shaqiri its a worrying team selection.

Id take a draw if honest.

miller0863
17th January 2021, 05:00 PM
Last time I felt like this, we stuffed Everton 5-2.
Unfortunately we are not playing Everton.

skyebo

He might need one of them if someone gets injured. What would he do then ? Would one of them suddenly become capable ?

RedNoodle
Just woke up to this team news. As others have said, I can see us getting overrun in midfield.

I'd like to think this is a message to FSG that we need to get in some players and that we need them now, however as has also been mentioned elsewhere, It could just as well be Klopp at best taking a big risk, or at worst losing the plot. Yes we could win the game, but given who we've got available, how certain players have been playing (notably TAA), this lineup is asking for trouble.

Nineteenx
I'll take a win and 2 deflected Shaqiri efforts

miller0863
17th January 2021, 05:02 PM
Me too after seeing the line up Legs

jr81

I have. He was all ove the place against Southampton. Williams didn't cover himself in glory against Villa's kids. I thought Phillips would have got the nod but klopp obviously isn't going to trust them.
Hendo at CB isnt good. I'm not denying that but saying the other 2 are capable is all opinions. And klopp doesn't think they are good enough for today

RedNoodle
No i'd rather FSG leave so we can afford a cheap CB who can do a job at least

without Klopp they'd be selling for a lot less

They've backed him to the hilt don't you know. They are the bestest owners ever.

jr81
17th January 2021, 05:03 PM
Capable as in our best form of defence or rather protecting our defence is playing our best midfield and having our press, counter press and ability in winning second balls at or approaching its best, there were loads of games last season in that run of 15 back to back wins with Hendo at CM where the opposition barely even got a look at our defence, about 13 of the 15
That press has been pretty much non existent this season. Hendo hasn't been playing to hot in midfield this year.
I wouldn't have Hendo in there either but klopp obviously doesn't trust the other 2.

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 05:05 PM
I have. He was all ove the place against Southampton. Williams didn't cover himself in glory against Villa's kids. I thought Phillips would have got the nod but klopp obviously isn't going to trust them.
Hendo at CB isnt good. I'm not denying that but saying the other 2 are capable is all opinions. And klopp doesn't think they are good enough for today

It's important the midfield and forwards who look to be in a tweaked formation make sure the press is very good, in that Southampton game, Henderson, our best at orchestrating the press, was absolutely doing his nut at the midfield's piss poor pressing

jr81
17th January 2021, 05:05 PM
He might need one of them if someone gets injured. What would he do then ? Would one of them suddenly become capable ?
No choice then. Needs must. Unless giní goes back there and milner comes in? Would u be surprised?

skyebo
17th January 2021, 05:07 PM
No choice then. Needs must. Unless giní goes back there and milner comes in? Would u be surprised?

No i wouldn't be.

jr81
17th January 2021, 05:07 PM
They've backed him to the hilt don't you know. They are the bestest owners ever.
They are not the ones playing 2 midfielders at CB.. Klopp does have to shoulder some of the blame.
We will never know but the decision not to replace Lovren has really back fired.
The most important position in a team is cb and we 2 midfielders in there against man united.

jr81
17th January 2021, 05:08 PM
No i wouldn't be.
Which to me would show his faith in them right now.

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 05:12 PM
They are not the ones playing 2 midfielders at CB.. Klopp does have to shoulder some of the blame.
We will never know but the decision not to replace Lovren has really back fired.
The most important position in a team is cb and we 2 midfielders in there against man united.

Fabinho is a defender who was converted to a DM, he isn't and never will be a CM and he is far better as a CB than he is when Klopp has tried to play him as a CM. I had no issues with him playing as a DM as part of our development and for where we were at the time, he was excellent at that, when our play evolved, the line went higher, the entire team played higher and he was asked to play CM where he wasn't just sitting in front of the 2 CB's and could see everything in front of him like a defender, i'm afraid that for me, his inability to play as a CM was brutally exposed and his consistent poor decision making very clearly showed he is a defender converted to DM

Balinkay
17th January 2021, 05:24 PM
Shaqiri in there to lead the press eh?

Jesus wept. Cannot believe it wouldn’t be better to field our strongest midfield and put Phillips or Williams in alongside Fab.

Do not agree with this selection at all

Feel the same way miller.

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 05:27 PM
Kick off imminent, Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, stretch some filthy Manc asshole and get the win here today

Insidious
17th January 2021, 11:10 PM
I obviously cannot say for sure, but 'knowing what I know' I would say that it's possible he has got into a habit of posting such threads, and the thought of not continuing to do so gives him a very uncomfortable feeling.

That's a pretty spot-on assessment. You're a good Egg and pretty on the money when it comes to compassion/empathy. It started off as a luck thing, evolved into something somewhat more and compulsions evolve all the time, much to my never-ending frustration as I'd much rather not have them - I loathe "control freak" tendencies in other people and I definitely drift in that direction myself over things, or the part of me that is unwell does, depending on how you wish to look at it.

CCTV - I have good days and bad days - I had a disgruntled snap in your direction when I was already feeling "itchy" on what wasn't a good day and when things go "wrong" on a Sunday I can't mentally recuperate in time for the working week, which seeps into everything - prep for work, capacity to drive properly, eating, the works.

As per said snap, nothing personal intended and needless to say you can and should post where you want, when you want. You're your own person. I can take breaks from the forum as/when I need to - indeed I did this last week. But apologies all the same. I considered PMing you, but that somehow felt seedy/secretive/underhanded, so I've touched on it here without dissecting it too much, as I don't have the desire to ruminate over something the healthy/functional part of my head can objectively and logically see is so arbitrary.

Best way I could compare would be phobias - I've been in a confined space with an aggressive Bull Mastiff and would repeat that experience over being locked in a cupboard with a large, flappy Moth. The logical part of my head can see how utterly daft that is, but in the "heat" of a fearful moment, logic goes out the window, as does my response. In just the same way, me having a snipe I know was childish/petty, but didn't/doesn't come from a place of reason or logic.

It's very difficult to explain these things without coming off "poor old me" but that's as best I can explain it for now and I hope you can see it for what it is.

Certainly no ill will on my part.

miller0863
17th January 2021, 11:16 PM
Cheers for laying that all out there Sid, good to see you weren’t away too long.
I know a Thai Kick Boxer who is absolutely terrified of Butterflies and Moths, the fact that even gently touching it may well render it disabled cuts no ice BBC with him.

Anyway, among friends here Sid mate and anyone who isn’t can Sod off.