PDA

View Full Version : Aston Villa v Liverpool (FA Cup Match Thread)

Pages : [1] 2

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 08:27 PM
Aston Villa

Onodi, Bridge, Revan, Walker, Rowe, Chrisene, Barry, Kesler, Sylla, Raikhy, Bogarde.

Subs: Zych, Jay-Hart, Sohna, Tait, Rowe, Young, Swinkels, Ealing, Lindley.

Liverpool

Kelleher, N Williams, R Williams, Fabinho, Milner, Wijnaldum, Jones, Mane, Minamino, Salah.

Subs: Alisson, Thiago, Firmino, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Origi, Shaqiri, Robertson, Phillips, Alexander-Arnold.

Referee

Craig Pawson.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 08:34 PM
Kelleher

Williams Williams Fabinho Milner

Jones Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Minamino Mane

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, let's have a performance tonight and get the win

stevie harkness
8th January 2021, 08:40 PM
My prediction: Villa 1-3 Liverpool

Either we go 3-0 up and take our foot off the gas or Villa get an early goal and we labour to turn it around.

southernboy
8th January 2021, 08:42 PM
Anything but a convincing win will be embarrassing. Not sure what to expect to be honest.

LEGS
8th January 2021, 08:44 PM
Anything but a convincing win will be embarrassing. Not sure what to expect to be honest.

A win with no injuries is all that matters.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 08:45 PM
Here we go Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, bum these

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 08:48 PM
Please don't pick up any injuries Red men! <fingers crossed - touch wood - touches head>

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 08:50 PM
Get in sadio. Nice header.

However he's now limping.

Nineteenx
Boooooooooooooom get the fucking FUCK in 1-0 Maneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, absolutely fucking destroy these

southernboy
We’re gonna wIn the cup, we’re gonna wIn the cup!

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 08:51 PM
Good game game over

wonder how many we'll get

easily going to win this game, depends on how many.. please no injurys ffs

eggy81
Took a bang in the lower back.

justme
that didnt take long

Artisan
8th January 2021, 08:52 PM
Let's fill our boots...

3underpar
Nice header, looks ok after the knock

RedNoodle
What some also haven't taken into account is that the Villa youngsters could be a bit too 'enthusiastic' and could end up doing damage to our players.

As I say that Milner goes down.

One day people will listen to me.

Balinkay
Manè through the mniddle btw! Been wanting this for a while.

eggy81
8th January 2021, 08:53 PM
Why wasn’t the game postponed after?

Kev0909
What some also haven't taken into account is that the Villa youngsters could be a bit too 'enthusiastic' and could end up doing damage to our players.

As I say that Milner goes down.

One day people will listen to me.

Seems pointless playing this strong of a squad we're against mostly 16-18 year olds lol!

RedNoodle
Manè through the mniddle btw! Been wanting this for a while.

Your forward line if he's played through the middle?

skyebo
8th January 2021, 08:54 PM
Getting into double figures shouldn't be beyond us, given the two line ups, or am i being greedy and unrealistic ?

eggy81
8th January 2021, 08:54 PM
Getting into double figures shouldn't be beyond us, given the two line ups, or am i being greedy and unrealistic ?

I’d take 3-0 and no injuries

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 08:55 PM
Bloody heel Gini, should have buried that lad

skyebo
8th January 2021, 08:56 PM
I’d take 3-0 and no injuries

Indeed Eggy.

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 08:56 PM
WTF was that Wijnaldum?!?!?

Ahhh yes. Away from home.

eggy81
8th January 2021, 08:57 PM
I’d have finished that. Just let it run across your body and tuck it away on the weaker foot. No excuse for that shite of an attempt from an international player like him.

Balinkay
8th January 2021, 08:57 PM
Your forward line if he's played through the middle?

Jota + Salah ideally. I understand that's not really an option when the former is injured, as I don't fancy Bobby on the wing and am not really a huge fan of Taki.

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 08:58 PM
I’d have finished that. Just let it run across your body and tuck it away on the weaker foot. No excuse for that shite of an attempt from an international player like him.

I'd have finished that, even with my usual 'issues' plus a sprained ankle.

LEGS
8th January 2021, 09:00 PM
This must be how it feels supporting Bayern just chilling knowing your going to win.

Balinkay
8th January 2021, 09:04 PM
Neco trying to be Messi there again.

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 09:09 PM
Fabinho and Mane are denied by the keeper.

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 09:12 PM
Fabinho then puts a free header well over, summing up our recent performances.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 09:12 PM
Come on Fab lad, should have scored 2 already

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, pick this up for fucks sake, should be creating more opportunities here

Crimson Dynasty
8th January 2021, 09:16 PM
This must be how it feels supporting Bayern just chilling knowing your going to win.

Are we?

I don't know how confident I feel these days with us having a 1-0 lead and 90% possession in games.
It seems pretty well set up for a sucker-punch 84th minute, against-the-run-of-play equalizer and disaster in the (inevitable) lottery of penalty kicks.

Artisan
8th January 2021, 09:18 PM
Hendo bloody shoot man...

LEGS
8th January 2021, 09:18 PM
Are we?

I don't know how confident I feel these days with us having a 1-0 lead and 90% possession in games.
It seems pretty well set up for a sucker-punch 84th minute, against-the-run-of-play equalizer and disaster in the (inevitable) lottery of penalty kicks.

We are 100% going to win just chill.

teesred
8th January 2021, 09:20 PM
Are we?

Yep. Already some sloppy moments and struggling to create clear chances.
As a midfielder why on earth isn't Henderson put his laces through that chance.

Crimson Dynasty
8th January 2021, 09:20 PM
We are 100% going to win just chill.

Now I feel even worse that you've said that.

Let's just hope you haven't jinxed us.

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 09:21 PM
Salah hits a tame shot that the keeper easily saves.

He then hits another straight into the ground.

Crimson Dynasty
8th January 2021, 09:22 PM
Yep. Already some sloppy moments and struggling to create clear chances.
As a midfielder why on earth isn't Henderson put his laces through that chance.

Let's not forget what this same team did to our youngsters last year when we were forced to put a team of teenagers and Under-23's in the Carabao cup because of the World club championship.
There was none of that "mercy" stuff.

Some of the same youngsters who are playing today.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 09:23 PM
All too slow, too much overplaying, too obvious, too predictable, no mixing it up, not good enough so far, we're making an u18's side look Premier League quality

3underpar
8th January 2021, 09:23 PM
Mo is incapable of wanting to pass a square ball to an open runner

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 09:24 PM
Milner hits a shot well over.

Crimson Dynasty
How does someone who is normally so lethal suddenly get so toothless and blunt in attack and incapable of finding the net all over a sudden like Mo' has been these past couple of games?

LEGS
We'll score at least 5.

Artisan
Mo is incapable of wanting to pass a square ball to an open runner

Love his hunger.

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 09:26 PM
Stevie Wonder would get more shots on target at a fairground shooting gallery owned by an 'even more dodgy than usual' individual, than we currently are.

Crimson Dynasty
8th January 2021, 09:27 PM
I'm loving Minamino's industry and grafting.
Tracking back to win the ball back; his persistent pressing...

But we need more end-product.

Make a case for yourself, son.
This is the game to do it.

jr81
All too slow, too much overplaying, too obvious, too predictable, no mixing it up, not good enough so far, we're making an u18's side look Premier League quality

Yep, this is a poor showing. Too slow and ponderous and air of arrogance out there. This is how we are in the league at the moment. No pace in our game.

Balinkay
Good for the lads! Must be the night of their lives!

eggy81
1-1 we are in serious trouble lads

RedNoodle
1-1.

What were you saying LEGS? :rolleyes: + :o

Crimson Dynasty
We'll score at least 5.

You were saying?

The time to know you should have shut up is the time you went way overboard with the overconfidence and jinxing us.

LFC-DPG
8th January 2021, 09:28 PM
Fucking embarrassing

LEGS
8th January 2021, 09:28 PM
1-1.

What were you saying LEGS? :rolleyes: + :o

I never said we'd keep a clean sheet.

We will win still.

3underpar
8th January 2021, 09:29 PM
And there ya go. Sad state of affairs.

Artisan
Good goal. Least the neutrals will be having a field day...Thats nice.

LEGS
You were saying?

The time to know you should have shut up is the time you went way overboard with the overconfidence and jinxing us.

Second half to play yet.

End of the day im relaxed mate im bothered about injuries.

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 09:30 PM
Just the confidence boost we need before the game against the Mancs.

Jones gets booked.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 09:31 PM
Christ i'm glad we played a strong team

jr81
I never said we'd keep a clean sheet.

We will win still.

We will, but this is poor. No urgency in our game. Disappointing to see

3underpar
Poor from Jones

eggy81
I wish we had some central creativity. It’s the same pattern over and over and over again.

Crimson Dynasty
It gets said every single time.
Every single time.

These 70,80 or 90% possession games with no end-product to show for it simply just play into the opposition's hands.

All those neat pretty little passes from left flank to right and back again and several passes back to the CB's and the goalie, but then having no ideas or teeth upfront, just give them a chance to catch a breath and then catch us on the break with our high line.

Wash.
Rinse.
Fucking Repeat.

skyebo
8th January 2021, 09:32 PM
Time to bring the small guns on. I'd say big guns, but most are already there.

southernboy
What the fuck is up with us? We seem so bereft of confidence in every department. I really don’t know what to think.

Kev0909
we can't even break down a bunch of kids

come on thiago pal we need you lool

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 09:33 PM
Christ i'm glad we played a strong team

If we hadn't, another mauling by Villa would have been on the cards. It still may be.

Balinkay
This goalie ain't half bad! Fair play.

RedNoodle
Jones has a shot saved by the keeper.

HT 1-1

Embarrassing. :o

Nineteenx
This is just lazy and sloppy, too many easy passes not finding their targets

Boooooooooooooooooooooom that'll fucking teach them 1-1

We've been absolute fucking rubbish, whoever decided to throw all the things that won us 4 trophies out of the window and try to play like UAE FC used to only much more laboured and without the technical ball players to try and play through teams wants fucking shooting, it's been a fucking disaster, even UAE FC have abandoned their overpassing and have played a lot more direct stuff this season and they were a fuck sight better at it that we'll ever be, we don't have the players to try to play through teams and how we did play worked really well at the start of this season

Absolute fucking shite

Over to Jurgen to send the lads out second half and play another half arsed lame attempt at playing through a piss poor team

Kev0909
If we hadn't, another mauling by Villa would have been on the cards. It still may be.

Not really the squad players /kids would probably do better.

Players that actually want to play and make a point you know?

LFC-DPG
Wow 1-1 against the mighty villa (under 11’s)

stevie harkness
8th January 2021, 09:34 PM
Men against boys

Crimson Dynasty

By a team of youngsters.

LOL!

For shame.

LEGS
We will, but this is poor. No urgency in our game. Disappointing to see

I agree we are not sharp at all.

Salah being greedy not helped should have played others in.

miller0863
8th January 2021, 09:35 PM
Not seen it (thankfully) what happened for their goal?

TheDOC1979
A load of bullshit. It’s getting ridiculous

RedNoodle
we can't even break down a bunch of kids

come on thiago pal we need you lool

It's okay. Origi will come off that quality stuffed bench of ours and will destroy this top quality Villa side all on his own.

3underpar
An U19 team is playing us to a draw right now. Even kids can stymie us these days.

Crimson Dynasty
This goalie ain't half bad! Fair play.

We say that about every single opposition goalie we meet nowadays.

Maybe it's not them, but just us.
(.....who are piss poor)

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 09:36 PM
Not seen it (thankfully) what happened for their goal?

Keeper Akos Onodi plays the ball out to Callum Rowe, who carries the ball forward and then plays a sensational through-ball to Louie Barry.

The former Barcelona youngster runs 50 yards with the ball, holding off the Liverpool defence, before slotting past the keeper.

Kev0909
I think they're getting tired to be fair, expect us to score a few in the 2nd half....

Williams got done again

#bringbacklovren sos

justincredible
I'm predicting a 5-1 victory.... but hopefully we'll score one in the second half.... so maybe 5-2.....

teesred
8th January 2021, 09:37 PM
Wow.
Another absolute "turn up and we've won" show which let's be honest is par for the course now.
We are lazy and there's no getting away from it.
Early goal,feet up.
Henderson should try passing it sideways a few more times, he might get the fa Cup record for most in a game. Jones, fuck off mate. Some of us spoke far too soon on him.
Williams burnt for pace again. What's he going to be like in his late 20s? Fucks sake he'll turn like an elephant.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 09:38 PM
Wow.
Another absolute "turn up and we've won" show which let's be honest is par for the course now.
Early goal,feet up.
Henderson should try passing it sideways a few more times, he might get the fa Cup record for most in a game. Jones, fuck off mate. Some of us spoke far too soon on him.
Williams burnt for par again. What's he going yo be like in his late 20s? Fucks sake he'll turn like an elephant.

LMAO

Get Sotirios Kyrgiakos out of retirement, he'll probably be quicker.

Yep all henderson fucking does lately, useless we're against kids ffs

TO THE SIDE TO THE SIDE, AND BACK YOOOO

fuck sake

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 09:39 PM
Wow.
Early goal,feet up.
Williams burnt for pace again. What's he going to be like in his late 20s? Fucks sake he'll turn like an elephant.

Henderson has gone back into 'that' mode again. As for Curtis, far too many people were praising him to the rafters far too much, and far too soon.

Kev0909
Fuck arsenal TV we need a liverpool version

Artisan
Someone's taken the fun and excitement out of their play...we so repetitive and lethargic...Get Mane back on the left, Gini off for Thiago and my gran in the middle upfront.

Crimson Dynasty
8th January 2021, 09:40 PM
Wow.
Early goal,feet up.

Don't forget that Jones was also in the team that this same Villa team walloped 5-1 last year in the Carabao Cup (along with Neco Williams).

If anyone would or should be angry coming into this game with a chip on his shoulder and a point to prove, it should be him.

RedNoodle

Well me and you are 'shoe-ins'. Who else can we recruit?

justme
R Williams got to close to their attacker and got turned.. You cant play like that..you need to leave a little space between yourself and the forward. otherwise one movement and your caught. Apart from that we dominated for entire half. but thats how teams set up.. wait for us to make an error. otherwise shove their entire team behind the ball.

jr81
I think they're getting tired to be fair, expect us to score a few in the 2nd half....

Williams got done again

#bringbacklovren sos
He did, maybe that's Hendo played there in the last game. He isn't trusted fully yet.
There is no pace between him and Fabinho.

faridtoxteth
their keeper, (who looks a lot like Jim Carrey btw) is having a great game.
We have the old problem of a high line with centre backs with no pace.
I think Fabinho is really good at cb, but needs someone quick alongside him.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 09:41 PM
Absolute fucking shite

worldpanel
Wow.

You know, saw Williams one game striding forward and I thought 'wow, he's nimble and fast'
Slow as fuck for a young centre half, it's a no from me.

LEGS

Exactly what we need a TV channel making the club look like morons.

It worked out well for all the experts on that get rid of Wenger they've really kicked on since INIT Robbie.

teesred
8th January 2021, 09:42 PM
R Williams got to close to their attacker and got turned.. You cant play like that..you need to leave a little space between yourself and the forward. otherwise one movement and your caught. Apart from that we dominated for entire half. but thats how teams set up.. wait for us to make an error. otherwise shove their entire team behind the ball.

We created one clear chance which we scored from. Their keeper has made some good saves mainly from range efforts. Dominating us what we do, creating and being clinical is what we don't do lately.

Crimson Dynasty
8th January 2021, 09:42 PM
On the positive side, at least it's comforting to know that Klopp doesn't feel like we'll need to go into the transfer market this window for any reason at all.

Any reason AT....ALL.

So that's great to know.

justme
8th January 2021, 09:43 PM

It worked out well for all the experts on that get rid of Wenger they've really kicked on since INIT Robbie.

Theres several morons on here that would be hex on us! so best keep it to here.

jr81
8th January 2021, 09:44 PM
On the positive side, at least it's comforting to know that Klopp doesn't feel like we'll need to go into the transfer market this window for any reason at all.

Any reason AT....ALL.

So that's great to know.

Maybe he does but was told he won't be backed?

teesred
Play this high line against Utd and its a very dangerous game.

Artisan

Yup our dominance has become our own undoing...

southernboy
All those saying we should bin off the FA Cup might well get their wish granted. What’s this, the fifth came in a row where we’ve been completely lacklustre? No excuses tonight either.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 09:45 PM
Wow.
Early goal,feet up.

I disagree, not that it's lazy and lame, but we didn't win the trophies we won trying to constantly probe and play tappy tappy through teams, we were very direct, worked the ball into areas, then switch it from there to the opposite side, tried to play through sides, then constantly mixed it up with longer more direct balls and scored a lot of our goals, most of them in fact from those balls or after winning the second ball from them, we're shite because we're trying to play through every team and have stopped mixing it up and doing the things that made us great, it's fucking painful

justme
We created one clear chance which we scored from. Their keeper has made some good saves mainly from range efforts. Dominating us what we do, creating and being clinical is what we don't do lately.

Eh we had at least 5.. Wijnaldum should have scored early on. he chipped it over the crossbar. there was 2 in a space of 10 seconds and the end a shot from Jones.

Crimson Dynasty
No, but on a more serious note.

On a more positive note at least we've had more than just one shot on target this game.
Massive improvement on the last game with just one short on target the entire game.

Yes, it's depressing as fuck to right a comment like that, but we take wins where we can get them.

Now if only we can actually put just one or more of those shots into the net rather than AT the keeper's gloves.
That would be just great.

LEGS

Any reason AT....ALL.

So that's great to know.

Some say CB is not the problem CD but it totally affects the way we play.

A two out of Gomez Matip VVD with the skillsets they have is why we can push really high and pressure teams.

Crimson Dynasty
8th January 2021, 09:47 PM
Maybe he does but was told he won't be backed?

I'm just going by what he said himself.

I have to assume that someone as direct as Klopp himself, if he were told he won't be backed (when he told them we needed to), he then wouldn't turn around and lie to the press and the fans that the reason we're not going is because we don't need to.

I'd rather think that in that situation he just wouldn't speak to it at all.

CCTV

Hehe, when are we doing our first stream Kev:D

justme
We miss Fabinho at DM. because our defenders could drop a little off him.. and they mopped up everything he misssed.. Now we have no one covering the top of the defenders. so its straight through to our backline.

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 09:49 PM
So Thiago is coming on.

Great. Another key player who is being unnecessarily risked.

3underpar
Fail to put in a second half of quality now against kids will really hurt a team’s already shaken confidence going into next week’s game. These mentality monsters need to wake the fuck up.

Kev0909

Oh come on legs, if you can't have a laugh you'll cry!

southernboy
8th January 2021, 09:50 PM
I actually predict another poor second-half. That’s been the pattern during this alarming dip in form.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 09:50 PM
So Thiago is coming on.

Great. Another key player who is being unnecessarily risked.

it's crazy we even need him to break down these kids

unreal

From winning champions league to playing the aston villa kids

hahaha

Crimson Dynasty
8th January 2021, 09:51 PM
I actually predict another poor second-half. That’s been the pattern during this alarming dip in form.

Come now. Some on here are predicting we'll score at least 4 goals this half and be laughing our way to the next round.

Don't be so negative.

/s

Artisan
We miss Fabinho at DM. because our defenders could drop a little off him.. and they mopped up everything he misssed.. Now we have no one covering the top of the defenders. so its straight through to our backline.

Him not being in the middle has been as instrumental in our crap form as Virgil being injured...Shame he hasn't a twin brother..

Nineteenx
Thiago on for Hendo, so we still don't get Gini, Hendo and Thiago in midfield ahead of a week on Sunday when that midfiekd 3 was all over the gaff in the press v Southampton

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, be a lot fucking better, mix it up, get RObbo on, feed Mane and Mo to get at players, please stop trying to constantly and only pass through teams, we're not at all good at it

Kev0909
Henderson can stay on the bench

Crimson Dynasty
8th January 2021, 09:53 PM
I'm not really sure Hendo was the problem with that midfield that needed sorting.

I'd have taken out others before him.

Let's just hope that this doesn't backfire on Klopp and come back to haunt us.

eggy81
Williams moves like a giraffe

Nineteenx
Him not being in the middle has been as instrumental in our crap form as Virgil being injured...Shame he hasn't a twin brother..

Our crap form started when he was brought back in last season and we've never been the same since

Artisan
Looks like we're looking for quick long diagonals balls, finally...

LEGS
8th January 2021, 09:54 PM
Oh come on legs, if you can't have a laugh you'll cry!

I know you are taking the mickey but you are negative about us on team players owners !

justme
Look how they throwing themselves into the ball. ohhh wait they are playing LFC explains it

Kev0909

he was in the 7th league for a reason hahaha

I bet he can't believe his luck at the moment

SydneyLFC
Henderson can stay on the bench

I agree - all the time in the world and still can't pass to his own player.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 09:55 PM
I know you are taking the mickey but you are negative about us on team players owners !

it's hard to be anythign else at the moment tbh!

Crimson Dynasty
We can't seem to get our corners past the first defender these days.

3underpar

Every team will target him, completely out of his league at this point in his career.

RedNoodle
Our midfield is absolutely devoid of goals and creativity, so when they are not at their 'energetic' best, they offer the sum total of f-all.

That combined with a defence that changes almost every week and a misfiring forward line, it's not hard to see why we are having problems.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 09:56 PM
Another free header for Fab, straight at the keeper this time

LEGS
it's hard to be anythign else at the moment tbh!

Is it weve just won the CL and league !

RedNoodle
And Fabinho heads a shot straight at the keeper.

Colour me shocked! :rolleyes:

TheDOC1979
8th January 2021, 09:57 PM
Is it weve just won the CL and league !

You push on from that!

You don’t come onto the field and think you can win by turning up. Absolutely unacceptable

eggy81
8th January 2021, 09:58 PM
Look how they throwing themselves into the ball. ohhh wait they are playing LFC explains it

It’s because we’ve no player to move past anyone central and draw anyone out of position. The way we keep moving the ball in a very basic pattern without any injection of pace or invention means as long as the Oppo stay organised and are willing to work for 90 minutes they’ll be in with a chance of competing. Put a debruyne or Fernandes in there and the gaps would open straight away

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 09:58 PM
Salah puts the ball in the net after a rebound but it's ruled out.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 09:59 PM
You push on from that!

You don’t come onto the field and think you can win by turning up. Absolutely unacceptable

Yep..... or wait another 30 years eitherway

Sorry legs but we've been pathetic as of late and this just sums it up

Crimson Dynasty
8th January 2021, 09:59 PM
You just have to laugh sometimes.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 10:00 PM
Our midfield is absolutely devoid of goals and creativity, so when they are not at their 'energetic' best, they offer the sum total of f-all.

That combined with a defence that changes almost every week and a misfiring forward line, it's not hard to see why we are having problems.

They made us successful by being direct, pressing expertly and winning second balls so we can create from there, stopping doing those things and playing to their strengths and trying to pass through every team when none of them are any good at that was a fucking shit idea

RedNoodle
Yep..... or wait another 30 years eitherway

Sorry legs but we've been pathetic as of late and this just sums it up

Well I won't be seeing us win the title again that's for sure.

Artisan
Was Salah off-side?

LFC-DPG
8th January 2021, 10:02 PM
Was Salah off-side?

He looked it but it was given as the keeper had 2 hands on the ball.

skyebo
8th January 2021, 10:02 PM
In other news, Wolves go one up against Palace.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 10:03 PM
Bobby and Shaq imminent for Minamino and Jones

Artisan
8th January 2021, 10:04 PM
He looked it but it was given as the keeper had 2 hands on the ball.

Cool. Saying on my stream goalie never had it under control. Hey ho, are we even surprised.

Crimson Dynasty
Was Salah off-side?

I thought it was ruled out because the referee ajudged it to have been kicked out of the goalie's hands.

Replays showed the goalie didn't have complete control of it and if anything it was a 50-50 ball.
They also seemed to show that Mo was onside, so fuck knows why it didn't stand.

And of course, we don't have VAR in this competition (....not that they would have ruled in our favour with our record with them).

RedNoodle
Ian Darke just called Shaqiri "Shakira". That's the best thing about this game thus far other than Mane's header.

Kev0909
Bobby and Shaq imminent for Minamino and Jones

Phew coming on to save the game!!

30 mins to go to get the winner

Minamino was one I'd of expected to do a lot better tonight...... he's given you a chance mate... against the same figure body wise as you.. still don't perform

he will never be good enough

Nineteenx
Booooooooooooom get the fucking FUCK in 2-1 Gini

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, add some more goals here now and play with some fucking pride

eggy81
8th January 2021, 10:05 PM
Waney gini makes amends. Nicely worked over and back across and a good low finish.

southernboy
We’re gonna wIn the cup, we’re gonna wIn the cup!

Repeated for prosperity.

It’s now just a matter of how many we score

Kev0909
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

liverpool 2-1kids

justme
Save that slime ball. you need to be 15ft tall to get to that

Artisan
8th January 2021, 10:06 PM
Booooom.....what a team....never in doubt...Thank feck.

3underpar
Wij the Ruthless lol

skyebo
Ian Darke just called Shaqiri "Shakira". That's the best thing about this game thus far other than Mane's header.

Maybe that's who Klopp thought we were signing.

stevie harkness
8th January 2021, 10:07 PM
Mentality monsters innit

Kev0909
kids are fucked but BOOM best in the world

eggy81
Save that slime ball. you need to be 15ft tall to get to that

Slimeball? Did he do something wrong against us.

justme
Mane now thats 3..

CCTV
We're gonna win the league
And now you're gonna believe us

RedNoodle
F-me!?!?! Did Wijnaldum just score an away goal?!?!

Excuse me for a second while I go and check to see if there is a unicorn in my garden, if a rocking horse has been able to defecate yet, and if that noise I can hear outside is a squadron of flying pigs.

Mane gets another headed goal.

LEGS
Villa were always going to tire

Nineteenx
Boooooooooooooom 3-1 Maneeeeeeee Get the fucking FUCK in

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, add another 6 here now

justme
8th January 2021, 10:08 PM
Slimeball? Did he do something wrong against us.

Yeah he saved shots.

Kev0909
I hope you're watching UTD and ole and are scared!!!

Now you gonna fear us now you gonna fear us!

BOOOOOOOOOOM

3underpar
Well that’s that

eggy81
Yeah he saved shots.
😂😂 ahh right. I thought I’d missed something when in the kitchen. 4-1

Artisan
8th January 2021, 10:09 PM
More please...Make them pay ;)

RedNoodle
Maybe that's who Klopp thought we were signing.

Did his hips lie?

Salah makes it 4-1.

southernboy
Legs is having the last laugh.

Does anyone know what the aggregate score is now? We must be catching up a bit.

justme
Thats 4.. come on we want 8

Nineteenx
Boooooooooooooom get the fucking FUCK in 4-1 Salaaaaaaaaaah

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, add another 7 here now, absolutely destroy them, no let up, no mercy, be absolutely fucking relentless

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 10:10 PM
More please...Make them pay ;)

I hope we save some goals for the next league game.

Knowing us we'll score eight or nine tonight, but fail to get a solitary shot on target against the Red Mancs.

LEGS
8th January 2021, 10:11 PM
You were saying?

One to go mate.

Told you to chill all we need to worry about is injuries.

Id get Phillips on for Fab now

3underpar
8th January 2021, 10:11 PM

Knowing us we'll score eight or nine tonight, but fail to get a solitary shot on target against the Red Mancs.

Yep, put 7 by Palace and shit the bed the next four games.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 10:12 PM

to be fair we won't be playing a bunch of tired kids

Nineteenx
Neco's been very good, the only one playing the switches, I like that a lot, working it in areas, play gets compressed in an area, comes back to Neco and he's played 3 or 4 really nice if not great switches this haf

Artisan

Oh i know...don't even go there...Until next week ;)

Crimson Dynasty
Save some for the Scum.

That's who I really want to beat.

(to be fair, I'll gladly take an ugly 1-0 win against them)

3underpar
Klopp please sub Fabinho ASAP

LFC-DPG
8th January 2021, 10:13 PM
Shak with 2 assists in 2 mins. #gamechanger.

LEGS
Save some for the Scum.

That's who I really want to beat.

(to be fair, I'll gladly take an ugly 1-0 win against them)

We all would mate and im hoping big Joel is fit.

justme
Thiago has been good since he came on.. I think a 3 of him,Henderson and Wijnaldum against Gargoyle face and his team

RedNoodle
to be fair we won't be playing a bunch of tired kids

No. We'll be playing our tired first teamers.

CCTV
8th January 2021, 10:14 PM

Yep and has a great record for us v manu

Artisan
8th January 2021, 10:14 PM
We're so much more successful with Mane staying on the left, noticed he'd been slipping into the middle a lot recently to our detriment...Just NO i say.

Crimson Dynasty
8th January 2021, 10:15 PM
Neco's been very good, the only one playing the switches, I like that a lot, working it in areas, play gets compressed in an area, comes back to Neco and he's played 3 or 4 really nice if not great switches this haf

He's really improved a lot since his nightmare game.

On this performance I'd hope he gets the start next time out against the Mancs rather than Trent, who should try to recover fully from this COVID after-effects.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 10:15 PM

Shame we ain't got origi on, even he could score here.. maybe

teesred
8th January 2021, 10:16 PM

On this performance I'd hope he gets the start next time out against the Mancs rather than Trent, who should try to recover fully from this COVID after-effects.

Agree. He looks a lot more solid now. Seems to have got rid of the jitters he had.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 10:18 PM
We're so much more successful with Mane staying on the left, noticed he'd been slipping into the middle a lot recently to our detriment...Just NO i say.

THANK YOU moving him from there in the first place was another of this season's fucking shit ideas, knocked him right out of his superb early season form

justme
8th January 2021, 10:19 PM
gonna watch the rest of the game and the respond later..

3underpar
8th January 2021, 10:20 PM
Shame we ain't got origi on, even he could score here.. maybe

Origi says hold my beer

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 10:21 PM

Still a liability defensively for me, Trent fucked up v Southampton, but his defending has got a fuck site better and he's a much better defender than Neco, he was class defensively a few times v Spurs and that played a huge part in our win

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 10:23 PM
Look at these Villa lads all trying to be Grealish, lying around on the floor

TheDOC1979
8th January 2021, 10:24 PM
We’re beating a bunch of kids! Get a fucking grip

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 10:25 PM
We’re beating a bunch of kids! Get a fucking grip

What do you mean

World class performance from them all!

Looking forward to Rashford V williams

Williams aka usain bolt! (pretty sure he won't start that means pass it sideways hendo at CB I guess?)

TheDOC1979
8th January 2021, 10:25 PM
What do you mean

World class performance from them all!

🤣🤣

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 10:29 PM
Thiago hits the crossbar.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 10:30 PM
Thiago changed the game!

Phew

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 10:31 PM
I fucking love Thiago and Mane, Mane's always been relentless, we have to remember Thiago's mentality, he's come from Bayern, Bayern don't do easing off or sitting back on a lead, they go out trying to absolutely dick the opposition, whoever it is, by as many goals as possible every fucking game, and you can definitely see that with Thiago in this last 10, it's Villa's kids, they're out on their feet, and he just wants to bury them by even more, good fucking lad

Crimson Dynasty
8th January 2021, 10:32 PM
Still a liability defensively for me, Trent fucked up v Southampton, but his defending has got a fuck site better and he's a much better defender than Neco, he was class defensively a few times v Spurs and that played a huge part in our win

Trent's been poor since the restart.
Even though everyone is chalking up his recent poor run to his COVID after-effects, he's been on a poor run of form going back to long before he got infected (whenever that was).
And I simply don't agree that his defending has gotten any better.
He still comes to close to the middle opening up the wing for opposition defenders and teams still target his flank for attack without fail almost every game - and that's not a coincidence.

The reason everyone's got on his case more recently is because now along with his normally not so great defensive game, his attacking play and forward play has gone down the drain as well.
Sloppy passes and crosses that can't seem to get past the first man and too much walking around seeming like he's not arsed.
And it wasn't just the Southampton game either.

I think some time not getting the start will be better for him overall and allow him to mentally ease back into better form.
Neco is not great, sure, but I think on the basics he's solid.
That's just my opinion.

CCTV
8th January 2021, 10:33 PM
Thiago changed the game!

Phew

Shaqiri 2 assists ?

eggy81
8th January 2021, 10:34 PM
Thiago is just a beast.

Nineteenx
Thiago changed the game!

Phew

He certainly did, we need him in the fucking midfield if we're going to try and pass through teams, because none if the others are good at it and it's fucking stupid trying to play like that without him

Kev0909
Shaqiri 2 assists ?

Not just about the stats

It's about the facts.

You get me?

Balinkay
8th January 2021, 10:37 PM
The Treble is on lads!!!

LEGS
Disgusting to not hit my target of 5 !

Seriously no injuries and win is all that mattered.

RedNoodle
Not just about the stats

It's about the facts.

You get me?

You're serious about setting up your/our own version of AFTV aren't you?

All you need is to add in some more "blud's" and "fam's" and you're good to go.

teesred
8th January 2021, 10:38 PM
Thiago is just a beast.

Less than 4 full games for us and he's head and shoulders above all of our midfield. Absolutely world class, he just makes it look like he's playing a 5 a side game. His vision is unreal.
Just hope we get plenty out of him. If he's a regular we could be a different animal if our attack can get back into form.

Balinkay
Also this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1347636745068818435

:D

CCTV
Not just about the stats

It's about the facts.

You get me?

I couldn't watch the game tonight, we're they 2 lucky/meh assists ?

RedNoodle
8th January 2021, 10:39 PM
Disgusting to not hit my target of 5 !

Seriously no injuries and win is all that mattered.

Yeah. What kind of prediction was that of yours?!?!? You'd be rock bottom if you were part of the predictions league. ;)

LEGS
8th January 2021, 10:41 PM
Yeah. What kind of prediction was that of yours?!?!? You'd be rock bottom if you were part of the predictions league. ;)

True I would didnt help bringing the walking champion Origi on !

Still its a win nothing to be over the moon with we know how it is this was us last year.

Nineteenx
Up the bum job done, much better second half against Villa's kids, i'll never understand the ditching everything that won us 4 trophies and trying to play through every team without Thiago in the side, I still don't agree with it now he's fit, we need to do both, try and play through and the direct stuff too, test teams in every way imaginable

Kev0909
I couldn't watch the game tonight, we're they 2 lucky/meh assists ?

tbh the villa players was fucked when he came on, I wouldn't say it was anything special against this team... but he still got the assists I guess

Thiago with a masterclass passing performance, which I'd expect against kids... rest of the midfield was still awful.. even against these

Williams.... err yeah he's not going to make it here (Not neco)

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 10:43 PM
The Treble is on lads!!!

Absolutely, make mine a treble lads

faridtoxteth
8th January 2021, 10:44 PM
Thiago. Fucking hell. what can you say.
James milner had a great game tonight.
Also Shaq looks totally well integrated now into our play. Please let him stay fit.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 10:46 PM
Thiago. Fucking hell. what can you say.
James milner had a great game tonight.
Also Shaq looks totally well integrated now into our play. Please let him stay fit.

Thiago makes that prick Fernandes and the bacon face twat look like Geoff Thomas

miller0863
8th January 2021, 10:48 PM
I’d take De Bruyne in a heartbeat, Fernandes too.

teesred
8th January 2021, 10:51 PM
Thiago makes that prick Fernandes and the bacon face twat look like Geoff Thomas

He's good but you're just being silly again.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 10:52 PM
You're serious about setting up your/our own version of AFTV aren't you?

All you need is to add in some more "blud's" and "fam's" and you're good to go.

Iniiiit!!

eggy81
8th January 2021, 10:54 PM
He's good but you're just being silly again. debruyne would make this team untouchable

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 10:58 PM
You gotta love these 90 minute football matches.

eggy81
8th January 2021, 11:00 PM
That first half was poor tbf. More of the same issues as the last few weeks. Still some improving to do before we meet those other shower.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 11:05 PM

Gotta love it when a bunch of 16-18 yo's tire and some ain't played for months apparently

but yes master class top performance world class

so more confident for the game against utd now, the midfield was amazing, I'm not sure why thiago even had to come on!

SydneyLFC
8th January 2021, 11:08 PM
I liked the clever passing of Shaq fits better with Mo and Mane than the normal Hendo right hook at pace. Robertson for Milly, and Matip (hopefully) for Rhys - Shaq, Thiago, Gini, Mane, Salah, Bobby against United.

(Trent on the bench)

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 11:09 PM
Gotta love it when a bunch of 16-18 yo's tire and some ain't played for months apparently

so more confident for the game against utd now, the midfield was amazing, I'm not sure why thiago even had to come on!

Why are you always so bloody angry !!

skyebo
8th January 2021, 11:11 PM

Possibly because we were being held to a 1-1 draw by a bunch of kids and he decided to change things, and giving him more minutes may have been another reason.

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 11:15 PM
Need to boss midfield and keep their creators quiet and be bang on it in our press Gini and Hendo are the steak, Thiago's the sizzle, Shaq's always been woefully inconsistent, in the Southampton game our press was woeful, Hendo Gini and Thiago for me, Shaq last 15-20 minutes if we need a goal to ask different questions

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 11:17 PM
Why are you always so bloody angry !!

I ain't angry but not going to pretend that was a top peformance or anything

still had the same problems against KIDS for most of the game

Nineteenx
8th January 2021, 11:22 PM

Pretty simple, our other midfielders can't play through teams, so it's pretty fucking stupid trying to play through teams without him, as we found dropping so many points trying to, it's also pretty fucking stupid trying to play through teams with him and having a non existent press as you're more susceptible to interceptions and transitions trying to play through teams as we found out v Southampton

justme
8th January 2021, 11:28 PM
Did we not win the game the 4-1?? something wrong here?? oh yeah its Kev. so moving on

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 11:31 PM
I ain't angry but not going to pretend that was a top peformance or anything

still had the same problems against KIDS for most of the game

What scoreline should it off been then ?

southernboy
8th January 2021, 11:37 PM
I genuinely believe that we would have been comfortably beaten by Aston Villa‘s first team. We were miles off it again in the first half, and only really improved in the second half as they ran out of energy. We need a massive improvement next Sunday.

SydneyLFC
8th January 2021, 11:37 PM

As you infer, whatever the result LFC were never going to get kudos - 0-17 and it's a bunch of bullies against kids. 1-1 or 1-2 - LFC still lack confidence. Take the win - move on.

skyebo
8th January 2021, 11:39 PM
I genuinely believe that we would have been comfortably beaten by Aston Villa‘s first team. We were miles off it again in the first half, and only really improved in the second half as they ran out of energy. We need a massive improvement next Sunday.

I'm sure there'll be one.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 11:39 PM

Bit better than villas reserves beating are kids 5-0

it's not about the score line, it's the same problems against kids ffs for nearly 60 mins

they had to be literally falling on the floor every 5 seconds with cramp and for thiago to come on, for us to run away with it

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 11:53 PM
As you infer, whatever the result LFC were never going to get kudos - 0-17 and it's a bunch of bullies against kids. 1-1 or 1-2 - LFC still lack confidence. Take the win - move on.

we were in a no win situation. As long as we won with no injuries was the main thing. Plus the reason the bigger players played was it would've been 2 weeks of no football until the United game .

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 11:55 PM
we were in a no win situation. As long as we won with no injuries was the main thing. Plus the reason the bigger players played was it would've been 2 weeks of no football until the United game .

I don't understand why we started Thiago and Ox together who've both been out for a while against southamtpon from the start, and Wij who can go missing sometimes away

when both should of started today, would of made more sense surely? for match-fitness, same with starting origi shaqiri etc

For me that cost us a result, oh well over with now and noone injured

I just hope we sort something for UTD, and matip is back or something

or we just control 95% of posession

justme
9th January 2021, 12:05 AM
Before i sleep. Just thought i'd add. if we are going to beat more teams who defend with 7/8 players deep in their own half. We need to get more players central.. we got some crosses into Mane and we had players just off him to get the second ball..Was more difficult for Villa to deal with. So when Firmino starts next weekend. which he will. he needs to stop dropping off as much.. Man-united will no doubt try and break on us and play very deep..

Kev0909
9th January 2021, 12:07 AM
Before i sleep. Just thought i'd add. if we are going to beat more teams who defend with 7/8 players deep in their own half. We need to get more players central.. we got some crosses into Mane and we had players just off him to get the second ball..Was more difficult for Villa to deal with. So when Firmino starts next weekend. which he will. he needs to stop dropping off as much.. Man-united will no doubt try and break on us and play very deep..

Agree

that's what i'm worried about, i really hope we don't lose our home record to these cunts... but they're very much a counter-attacking team, which basically the goals we've conceded have come from that way, we're very slow at the back at the moment, maybe matip will be back??

Tactics wise- it's a perfect game for them..

teesred
9th January 2021, 12:22 AM

Agree. That first half was abysmal and also typical of us at the moment. How long are these lazy nonchalant first halves are we going to endure?
The lack urgency is staggering and the less said about the midfield 3 the better. They were shit.
We get some kind of response second half but aside from tonight it hasn't been enough.
Villas kids proved again tonight that playing numbers against us nullifies us almost completely.
That game tonight should have been a chance for Fabinho,Mane,Salah and others etc to get a rest but we had to play them to ensure we got a result. Against Villas kids.
I'm not looking forward to next Sunday at all.

skyebo
9th January 2021, 12:32 AM
You'll get a response against United, if they can't get up for a derby game, they shouldn't be in the sport.

Kev0909
9th January 2021, 12:33 AM
You'll get a response against United, if they can't get up for a derby game, they shouldn't be in the sport.

it feels like we've been saying that for a while in the league

teesred
9th January 2021, 12:34 AM

Hopefully. The few times we've played really well this seasonhas been against the better sides.

skyebo
9th January 2021, 12:38 AM
it feels like we've been saying that for a while in the league

As Tees has just said, we have played better against the better teams. Villa was a freak result, and we were poor at Southampton.

Steveo
9th January 2021, 01:29 AM
I didn’t see the game - glad we won and are through - but sounds a bit ominous that we needed the flair of both Thiago and Shaq to beat a Villa youth side.