PDA

View Full Version : Rhys Williams

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 10:53 PM
The luckiest player ever??

how he's played in the champions league & prem is beyond me!

P.S CB please S.O.S

Anyone know he did at kidderminster?

skyebo
8th January 2021, 10:59 PM
He's played a total of 10 games for us, so it's premature to dismiss him already. The same with Phillips, both youngsters still learning the game and will improve with experience. Whether that's with us or elsewhere remains to be seen.

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 11:00 PM
You're definitely not taking this lock down well.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 11:01 PM
He's played a total of 10 games for us, so it's premature to dismiss him already. The same with Phillips, both youngsters still learning the game and will improve with experience. Whether that's with us or elsewhere remains to be seen.

at least phillips has actually played in a pro league, not none-league ffs

He's awful to expect him to be able to fill in for VVD or anything else is insane.

I can run faster ffs, some things aren't that easy to improve, I can't see him ever not being as slow as he is, especially on the turn.

Very lucky guy fair play to him

Would williams play for anyone else in the top 6? even with a injury crisis? I doubt it

stevie harkness
8th January 2021, 11:11 PM
Rhys Williams, Neco Williams, Curtis Jones, Nat Phillips, all of them have been slated as not good enough on here.

So why are they at Liverpool FC?

They're the best that our academy has produced. It's not like they're keeping better kids out of the team.

Let's just go shopping and buy other teams youngsters.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 11:13 PM
Phillips is 23, is he still a youngster? I guess he could be classed as that still! IDk

it's insulting to compare Neco and Jones to Williams, at least they've shown something... and played at a much higher level not none league

I just don't see Williams making it with us we dominate most games but when he does get got at.... he gets beaten with ease, it's awful.

but it's not exactly his fault we're not bothered about buying another CB

He's not good enough to start or be backup that's for sure, maybe in the future he will be, who knows.

skyebo
8th January 2021, 11:18 PM
Phillips is 23, is he still a youngster? I guess he could be classed as that still! IDk

it's insulting to compare Neco and Jones to Williams !

In terms of playing at the top level, he is very much a youngster. When Kane and Vardy were his age, they were getting loaned out to league one and league two teams. Age is very much on his side.

stevie harkness
8th January 2021, 11:20 PM

it's insulting to compare Neco and Jones to Williams, at least they've shown something...

Okay Philips is an old timer but he's still a product of the club like the Williams and Jones.

Why have we got an academy? What does the club see in these players? That's the question.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 11:21 PM
In terms of playing at the top level, he is very much a youngster. When Kane and Vardy were his age, they were getting loaned out to league one and league two teams. Age is very much on his side.

Phillips could easily play in the championship I think, he'll never be Klopps choice because he can't pass the ball

justme
8th January 2021, 11:23 PM
He made an error. i cant think of any others?? lets chuck someone under the bus for making an error.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 11:25 PM
He made an error. i cant think of any others?? lets chuck someone under the bus for making an error.

Easily beaten twice now

unless matip is back it looks like we have no choice but to play hendo at CB

imagine rashford v him

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 11:25 PM
Okay Philips is an old timer but he's still a product of the club like the Williams and Jones.

Why have we got an academy? What does the club see in these players? That's the question.

Its produced Stevie G and Trent to name 2. Thats what its for, producing young players to play first team football to sell on and make a huge profit. And like Stevie and Trent just maybe good enough for our first team.

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 11:27 PM
Easily beaten twice now

unless matip is back it looks like we have no choice but to play hendo at CB

imagine rashford v him

Didn't he play against Son and Kane ?

skyebo
8th January 2021, 11:30 PM

Yes Ian, he partnered Fabinho

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 11:31 PM

Yeah because spurs did a lot of attacking that game, they had 1 counter for the goal (Which was down to pace again!) and Bergwijn missed a golden chance, but that's about it? Mourinho very attacking

Can't recall them giving Williams much of a hard time at all, maybe i'm wrong

that's my point you don't see it as much because we dominate the ball most of the time, but soon as he's got at, players fly past

I'm not surprised we're forced to play very casual when he starts, any counter attack we're fucked

it effects the whole play, that's why matip needs to get back asap or we need to buy someone end of.

Would you start him v Utd?

stevie harkness
8th January 2021, 11:40 PM
Its produced Stevie G and Trent to name 2. Thats what its for, producing young players to play first team football to sell on and make a huge profit. And like Stevie and Trent just maybe good enough for our first team.

Stevie is a bit of a stretch back in time but I don't remember anyone writing him off.

Trent came in for plenty of flak and has been written off, can't defend, Gomez too. They've both helped us win trophies.

I get that the academy is just a farm to breed cattle to take to market but I like to think occasionally we will produce a player but that takes time and patience and it's easier to go and pay other clubs to do it for us.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 11:44 PM
I have more faith in neco making it, but he's never going to take Trents spot.. (well unless he carry's on playing how he is very unlikely thankfully)

Jones has already made it into a squad player imo- bit concerning last few games mind you...

Williams.. shouldn't be forced to start- CB is probably the hardest position so maybe i'm being harsh on him, but I just don't see how he'll make it with the usual tactics we play, he's far too slow and that's something you can't easily improve, or on the turn.

Anyone who "makes it" would never get beaten like that, that easily twice i'm sorry but that's just the facts, it's clear to me, maybe in the future he'll be world class and we'll remember this, who knows? I wouldn't bet on it though.

Say about giving players time and they're only young etc- Gerrard owen even trent and others... made it when they was 18 (or a bit older) and class players then... you know when someone is special, I don't really see that coming through, do any of you honestly?

Look at saka/Lamptey/Foden/Greenwood , he's only 19 isn't he, and others in the prem who've broke through, you can tell they're class. (not as much with greenwood lately) - other arsenal players too that are breaking through which have helped them get back on form if you've seen the games.

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 11:44 PM
Yeah because spurs did a lot of attacking that game, they had 1 counter for the goal (Which was down to pace again!) and Bergwijn missed a golden chance, but that's about it? Mourinho very attacking

Can't recall them giving Williams much of a hard time at all, maybe i'm wrong

that's my point you don't see it as much because we dominate the ball most of the time, but soon as he's got at, players fly past

I'm not surprised we're forced to play very casual when he starts, any counter attack we're fucked

it effects the whole play, that's why matip needs to get back asap or we need to buy someone end of.

Would you start him v Utd?

If Matip is injured then it's either him or Philips. I don't like Henderson at the back. Saying that I don't like Fabinho there either but he's been brilliant. Without doubt our POTY so far.

ianlfc
8th January 2021, 11:48 PM
I get that the academy is just a farm to breed cattle to take to market but I like to think occasionally we will produce a player but that takes time and patience and it's easier to go and pay other clubs to do it for us.

That's it in a nutshell mate. To break into the Premier league champions as a kid takes some doing. And thats the same for any club.

Kev0909
8th January 2021, 11:53 PM
That's it in a nutshell mate. To break into the Premier league champions as a kid takes some doing. And thats the same for any club.

I get that, but at the same time not many champions wouldn't have a 4th CB and expect a 19 yo who was playing non-league to step up after injury's

And I agree with fabinho if anything happened to him we'd be in deep deep shit, helps the youngsters aswell imo, like VVD would

skyebo
8th January 2021, 11:59 PM
I get that, but at the same time not many champions wouldn't have a 4th CB and expect a 19 yo who was playing non-league to step up after injury's

And I agree with fabinho if anything happened to him we'd be in deep deep shit, helps the youngsters aswell imo, like VVD would

Yeah, losing Fabinho would be horrendous. Players who can play in a few positions are invaluable to any team.

LEGS
9th January 2021, 12:11 AM
He is now getting the same stick that Neco got around the Lincoln game.

It annoyed me then and its annoying now Rhys is getting it.

Him and Nat are a problem with the lack of pace against quick players that is clear to see but its hardly his fault.

Just get off our players backs we have had a few great years.

There is a world pandemic going on and people are crying cos we might not win a trophy so what its hardly important is it.

teesred
9th January 2021, 12:31 AM
He's done well mostly aside from 3 errors, 2 of which have lead to goals against us.
I wouldn't write him off but having zero pace and being turned easily at his age now doesn't bode too well for the future Id say unless he learns to keep some space between himselfand his nearest man.
He's only young so has time, we do need to sign a CB though. Despite not conceding many dince Virgils injury our whole game is starting to miss him now. You don't realise how good his distribution is until its gone.

jozza800
9th January 2021, 12:47 AM
Think this is incredibly harsh. Both he and Phillips have been decent in Vvd, Gomez and Matip's absence. I like Williams on the ball and he's good in the air (as is Phillips) but as Tees said his lack of pace will probably stop him from playing at the very top level.

Balinkay
9th January 2021, 08:49 AM
Whaaat a 19-year-old playing in a position where players typically hit their prime at 27-28 makes a mistake?! I'm shocked! Shocked I say! Flay him alive and ban his family from entering the county!

But seriously though - he looks like a good prospect who needs time to develop. Jones and N. Williams are the same. Our academy has never been up there with the likes of Ajax or Barcelona but occasionally it produces a good player or two. Right now it looks like TAA is one, Jones potentially too.

Balinkay
9th January 2021, 08:54 AM
And honestly if it only ever produces a single player we sell for 4-5m every year, it pays for itself. It's good for the community and the club's connection to the city.

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 08:19 PM
And honestly if it only ever produces a single player that we sell for 4-5m every year, it pays for FSG's yearly p-up. It's good for community spirit (well FSG's anyway) and that will do wonders for their connection to the club, its supporters/fans and the city. #Major Sarcasm

Fixed for you. ;)

g-man
11th January 2021, 07:39 AM
Tad harsh on him. He's done ok when hes come in and this will hopefully take him to the next level, the lad is only 19 and once he gets some strength and a little more pace he be a decent CB . Jones has done ok too, though gone missing in a couple of games. Also mate of mine is a rovers fan, apparently Eliott is next level, good to see a loanee doing well and not rotting on the bench

Kev0909
11th January 2021, 02:03 PM
I'd like to see how he'd do at a lower league team that defends/ got at more, not great i'd imagine but who knows?

I'll run around my town naked if he makes it with us

redebreck
12th January 2021, 06:01 PM
I'd like to see how he'd do at a lower league team that defends/ got at more, not great i'd imagine but who knows?

I'll run around my town naked if he makes it with us

Where do you live?
Asking for a friend.

dicko1969
13th January 2021, 02:29 AM

Bolton academy

dicko1969
13th January 2021, 02:34 AM
19 games since VVD injury

8 clean sheets
12 goals conceded.

The problem isn't in defence.
It is the lack of goals in a few games
Taking the chances.
Plus we got really robbed in 3 games by VAR.
Brighton
Everton
Soton

stevie harkness
13th January 2021, 08:25 AM
Bolton academy

Yes, that's why I said a product of the club.

LEGS
13th January 2021, 09:19 AM
19 games since VVD injury

8 clean sheets
12 goals conceded.

The problem isn't in defence.
It is the lack of goals in a few games
Taking the chances.
Plus we got really robbed in 3 games by VAR.
Brighton
Everton
Soton

People keep saying this but I disagree we have got tighter but at what cost ?

As our defence drops deeper not by much but it has it means our midfield has more running to do slightly more gaps.

Our full backs are not going on the attack as much either.

Against Southampton we started two CMs at the back and we lost the midfield completely, I know TAA made the mistake but we got bullied and we need Hendo/Fab in midfield.

Steveo
13th January 2021, 10:04 AM
Hendo in the middle - unless United put out a youth team like Villa..

Balinkay
13th January 2021, 10:09 AM
Hendo. In. The. Middle.

Him + Thiago + Gini = profit.

Edit: Though I might prefer Nat at the back - Rhys is quite slow.

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 06:49 PM
"Harsh"

lol

Possibly the worst CB i've seen play for us, and that's saying something only hope is he's still young

FSG can't you fucking see?

RedNoodle
24th January 2021, 07:01 PM
"Harsh"

lol

Possibly the worst CB i've seen play for us, and that's saying something only hope is he's still young

FSG can't you fucking see?

They can 'see', they just don't give a ****.

Balinkay
24th January 2021, 08:04 PM
He's 19, give him a fucking break ffs.

LFC-DPG
24th January 2021, 08:08 PM
He's 19, give him a fucking break ffs.

Agree, he’s done ok when he’s been asked to come in. Was poor today but everyone can have an off day right?

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 08:09 PM
Agree, he’s done ok when he’s been asked to come in. Was poor today but everyone can have an off day right?

So what? trent was around that age when he had a stunning season, the last few seasons actually that people seem to forget because the whole team is off it and he is atm

He's not good enough and shouldn't be near the starting 11 end of

he'll never be good enough it's a joke to start him over phillips who has a lot more experience, OUTSIDE NON FKIN LEAGUE LVL

Another game he's cost us when he gets another chance ... pfff

jr81
24th January 2021, 08:09 PM
And against the villa kids? 2 mistakes, 2 goals. That's the problem at CB. Need to be solid.

Is he currently a better option than the older Phillips?

justme
24th January 2021, 08:10 PM
Their second goal.. What the fk was he doing? completely missed the kick and let in Rashford. If you cant clear a ball that easy.. Go some place else and play for them.

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 08:12 PM
Yep, I remember trent making quite a few howlers defensively when he first started, give the lad a break, he's only a young lad, the midfield was half a yard to a yard off the press and counter press all game giving the filthy too much time and space to be playing those balls to a forward bang in form in Rashford to run at him or look to run in behind him

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 08:13 PM
how many more games does he have to cost us then??

fucking ell

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 08:14 PM
Their second goal.. What the fk was he doing? completely missed the kick and let in Rashford. If you cant clear a ball that easy.. Go some place else and play for them.

Ahem, what about Millie then? Committed a cardinal sin for a midfielder in the No6 position running in behind the defensive line at the point he did to play Greenwood onside and compounded that by missing his header. even old pros like Millie make glaring errors sometimes, give Rhys a break

justme
24th January 2021, 08:16 PM
Ahem, what about Millie then? Committed a cardinal sin for a midfielder in the No6 position running in behind the defensive line at the point he did to play Greenwood onside and compounded that by missing his header. even old pros like Millie make glaring errors sometimes, give Rhys a break

He made an error with the height of the ball. Milner would have cleared the ball that Rhys Jones failed to. If you cant kick a ball away that close to your body and misskick . Your useless

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 08:18 PM
all he does is back off and hope for the best, that's if he's not sliding on the ground hoping for the best.....

league 2 standard at most, it's down to Klopp and FSG why he's even starting, dream for him though lucky guy won't get much better in his career already than starting for us.

Something to tell the kids

stevie harkness
24th January 2021, 08:19 PM
If Rhys Williams isn't good enough, or will never be, it isn't his fault. Why is he at the club?

The point is he's the best we've got. The best our academy can produce.

Sure, we've produced Trent and Curtis, and they're shit too apparently.

Maybe deep down, secretly, we have an inferiority complex because we can't produce players like the mancs do.

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 08:21 PM
Trent and Jones are miles above him at least, Steve.

Trent's gone from the best rb in the world to the worst apparently according to some on here :DDDD

he'll get back to how he was at some point i'm sure of it, and jones looks pretty decent you can see him being a squad player at least in the future.

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 08:22 PM
He made an error with the height of the ball. Milner would have cleared the ball that Rhys Jones failed to. If you cant kick a ball away that close to your body and misskick . Your useless

Millie played Greenwood onside running in behind Fab's line, then missed his header and Millie fucking knew it too, he's an good old pro and knew he'd fucked up, so cut a young lad who wasn't offered the protection our CB's get when Trent or Robbo bomb forward when Hendo plays or in the makeshift midfield's press and counter pressing

skyebo
24th January 2021, 08:23 PM

If Thiago would have tackled his man instead of fresh air, it wouldn't have been down to Williams to prevent the move anyway.

RedNoodle
24th January 2021, 08:24 PM
We'd possibly be better off with John Rhys-Davies (Gimli in Lord of the Rings) or Kenneth Williams.

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 08:25 PM
So according to you we have to make sure Williams has to do 0 defending then?

Makes sense, he can't get skinned or do something stupid then

good logic

he's shite get over it, cost us quite a few times now can't believe phillips doesn't start over him or FSG buy/loan someone on the cheap anything is better than this

jr81
24th January 2021, 08:26 PM
If Thiago would have tackled his man instead of fresh air, it wouldn't have been down to Williams to prevent the move anyway.
But he still should have cut out that ball. It was a mistake by him. Yes thiago messed up before that but Williams should be stopping the through ball.

skyebo
24th January 2021, 08:28 PM
We'd possibly be better off with John Rhys-Davies (Gimli in Lord of the Rings) or Kenneth Williams.

There were players out there with much more experience than Williams who didn't do well enough today, but let's blame the youngsters.

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 08:29 PM
If Rhys Williams isn't good enough, or will never be, it isn't his fault. Why is he at the club?

The point is he's the best we've got. The best our academy can produce.

Sure, we've produced Trent and Curtis, and they're shit too apparently.

Maybe deep down, secretly, we have an inferiority complex because we can't produce players like the mancs do.

Jury has to be out on Jones, he's done fuck all except that goal v the bitters, takes too many touches unecessarily far too often, doesn't create anything and his only performance I could describe as good other than in the cup game v the bitters so far was against Spurs, but that was a 7-7.5 out of 10 at best and not at the level or anywhere near it of other midfielders we have when they have a good game.

He has some promise, but he's in the same bracket as Rhys Williams for me, the difference is when you have a bad day and play at CB against good forwards and your maekshift midfield is half a yard to a yard off the press and counter press all game you will be exposed and cost goals, as Trent did a few times when he first started at RB, when you're in midfield with the likes of Hendo and Gini and Mane, Bobby and Mo getting back getting a foot in, you're a lot more protected

skyebo
24th January 2021, 08:30 PM
But he still should have cut out that ball. It was a mistake by him. Yes thiago messed up before that but Williams should be stopping the through ball.

I'm not saying he didn't make an error, but no-one wants to talk about Thiago's part ( or non part ) in it.

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 08:30 PM

Trent should have stopped the ball to Ings v Southampton, shit happens

jr81
24th January 2021, 08:31 PM
Trent should have stopped the ball to Ings v Southampton, shit happens

It does, but it also cost us in both games. Can't ignore those mistakes.

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 08:33 PM
Honestly tell me what you see in this player???

He backs off, and off and off and invites players to attack us

he goes to the ground so easily and so stupidly

he has the pace of a snail and get's done so easily it's laughable

he's cost us a lot, and quite a few pts in the league from mistakes, also a 16/17 yo roasted him ffs

I've generally never seen a worse CB play for us 19 or not if you ain't good enough you ain't good enough

I kinda feel for him, but at the same time I don't because these will be his best days in his career by far....

RedNoodle
24th January 2021, 08:34 PM
There were players out there with much more experience than Williams who didn't do well enough today, but let's blame the youngsters.

I can't speak for others, but he certainly isn't the only player who is either underperforming, or shouldn't be in the team/squad/club.

LEGS
24th January 2021, 08:35 PM
Lets not start this on young players Neco had this earlier in the season when he had to quit social media due to so called LFC fans abuse.

To play for us you have to be good he has been thrown in at the deep end that isnt a problem so much if we have a well oiled team WINNING but we are struggling.

People need to realise it is a tight league and as Souness says if you are not "bang at it" you draw/lose.

We need a new CB NOW we arent getting one that is a fact.

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 08:35 PM
Honestly tell me what you see in this player???

He backs off, and off and off and invites players to attack us

he goes to the ground so easily and so stupidly

he has the pace of a snail and get's done so easily it's laughable

he's cost us a lot, and quite a few pts in the league from mistakes, also a 16/17 yo roasted him ffs

I've generally never seen a worse CB play for us 19 or not

Who did he cost us points against in the league? Not being argumentative, just don't know which games and incidents you're referring to, could you please elaborate?

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 08:36 PM
Neco's had good games though, I think he should be starting ahead of Trent personally, he also plays for the welsh national team, ok it's wales but it's something

he'll be decent he's got something you can tell

this guy though, nope nothing put him in a newcastle team or a team that has to defend constantly, he'd look even worse he wouldn't start for Birmingham never mind any team in the prem

skyebo
24th January 2021, 08:39 PM
I can't speak for others, but he certainly isn't the only player who is either underperforming, or shouldn't be in the team/squad/club.

It doesn't help when you're thrown into a team that's lacking confidence through not winning games. Maybe everyone would be praising him if he was playing in last years team, the one that was winning most weeks.

ianlfc
24th January 2021, 08:40 PM
I thought he did ok. But those big mistakes are what the difference from good players and ones who make it at the big clubs.
No point hammering him.

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 08:44 PM
Who did he cost us points against in the league? Not being argumentative, just don't know which games and incidents you're referring to, could you please elaborate?

he nearly got done by mighty grant for wba if only he finished! luckily he's total shite easily got past Williams though

Mistakes was made in that game, and not to mention the cup game

he's not played for a while apart from that TBF!!!!!

LEGS
It doesn't help when you're thrown into a team that's lacking confidence through not winning games. Maybe everyone would be praising him if he was playing in last years team, the one that was winning most weeks.

Correct if he isnt good enough he isnt good enough.

He isnt the first or the last to be sold.

The fact is we have known since November we needed a CB even if its a loan and we have decided to not do that.

Kev0909
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/01/rhys-williams-confident-he-can-convince-the-people-that-matter-after-recent-mistakes/

Shut up rhys and don't say shit like this look what happens :horror:

RedNoodle

That depends on whether people judge players on what they as an individual do, or what results the team as a whole get.

Personally I do the former, which is one of the things I have often received criticism for on here.

RedNoodle
24th January 2021, 08:45 PM
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/01/rhys-williams-confident-he-can-convince-the-people-that-matter-after-recent-mistakes/

Shut up rhys and don't say shit like this look what happens :horror:

Players will never learn to keep their trap shut.

LEGS
24th January 2021, 08:48 PM
he nearly got done by mighty grant for wba if only he finished! luckily he's total shite easily got past Williams though

Mistakes was made in this game, and not to mention the cup game

he's not played for a while apart from that TBF!!!!!

Phillips also got done by Wilson at Newcastle.

In a high line they will struggle at the minute without pace as they dont have top level experience to read a game.

He was a weak link today and got targetted as will Phillips if he plays.

I think Williams played as he is better on the ball which he is whilst Phillips is better in the air.

LEGS
24th January 2021, 08:53 PM
Players will never learn to keep their trap shut.

Read his comments what did he say that is wrong ?

What is he supposed to do in an interview say no comment.

He said he made errors and he is learning but is confident he can avoid them he cant do that sat on the bench

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 09:01 PM
Phillips also got done by Wilson at Newcastle.

In a high line they will struggle at the minute without pace as they dont have top level experience to read a game.

He was a weak link today and got targetted as will Phillips if he plays.

I think Williams played as he is better on the ball which he is whilst Phillips is better in the air.

Neither are the answer really legs, and both could easily be upgraded on without spending a fortune...... and solving a issue but you know

I'm not even going to comment about it further, bored of repeating myself

RedNoodle
24th January 2021, 09:04 PM
Read his comments what did he say that is wrong ?

What is he supposed to do in an interview say no comment.

He said he made errors and he is learning but is confident he can avoid them he cant do that sat on the bench

He/others need to 'do/show', rather than 'say'. Rather than saying something along the lines of "I'm confident I/we can do X", say "X wasn't/isn't good enough and I/we will try our best to rectify the situation".

As soon as you start making definitive positive statements, you not only heap pressure on yourself/others, you also set yourself up for a fall.

LEGS
24th January 2021, 09:10 PM
He/others need to 'do/show', rather than 'say'. Rather than saying something along the lines of "I'm confident I/we can do X", say "X wasn't/isn't good enough and I/we will try our best to rectify the situation".

As soon as you start making definitive positive statements, you not only heap pressure on yourself/others, you also set yourself up for a fall.

Yes I get that but if the clubs puts you forward for an interview you answer the question asked

We/he knows he has to do it on the pitch.

This era social media is king in the old days we'd be able to protect him but now EVERYONE wants a piece of you especially if you play for a big club at a young age.

LEGS
24th January 2021, 09:11 PM
Neither are the answer really legs, and both could easily be upgraded on without spending a fortune...... and solving a issue but you know

I'm not even going to comment about it further, bored of repeating myself

I agree they arent the answer.

I do agree we need a new one its obvious even if you have no eyes !

eggy81
24th January 2021, 09:12 PM
I'm not saying he didn't make an error, but no-one wants to talk about Thiago's part ( or non part ) in it.

I think in our system he shouldn’t be playing as the anchor man.

TheDOC1979
24th January 2021, 09:17 PM
He’s a kid. Social media is their outlet nowadays. Can’t blame him. He actually wasn’t playing too badly in a few games and we sung his praises. Has no one to learn from and no full backs protecting him when THEY give the ball away.

Heads gone on some of the senior players

eggy81
24th January 2021, 09:22 PM
He’s a kid. Social media is their outlet nowadays. Can’t blame him. He actually wasn’t playing too badly in a few games and we sung his praises. Has no one to learn from and no full backs protecting him when THEY give the ball away.

Heads gone on some of the senior players
Manager stubbornly sticking to his tried and trusted formula. Trent should have been dropped. Let Milner play rb and protect Williams. Put Jones in mf with gini anchoring and Thiago licence to bring us forward and give taki a game up front. Play the percentage game and let them try break us down rather than playing into their hand. Very poor from the gaffer today

skyebo
24th January 2021, 09:26 PM
I think in our system he shouldn’t be playing as the anchor man.

Maybe, but i've yet to see him influence a game, which was the purpose of him coming here. What he's doing at the moment is nothing the other midfielders couldn't do, or were already doing.

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 09:28 PM
Manager stubbornly sticking to his tried and trusted formula. Trent should have been dropped. Let Milner play rb and protect Williams. Put Jones in mf with gini anchoring and Thiago licence to bring us forward and give taki a game up front. Play the percentage game and let them try break us down rather than playing into their hand. Very poor from the gaffer today

disagree, has to work with what he has, we've not been any good whatsoever at trying to sit and defend as a club for a very long time, long before Jurgen and as his game has been developed on pressure of the ball pressing and counter pressing, sitting off trying to defend and counter really doesn't work for us, so no suprises he didn't set up like that, I'd never expect him to

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 09:36 PM
Maybe, but i've yet to see him influence a game, which was the purpose of him coming here. What he's doing at the moment is nothing the other midfielders couldn't do, or were already doing.

Once he's finally in an interchanging midfield 3 together with Hendo and Gini you'll see the best of him. He has played quite a few corkers already and numerous passes none of our other midfielders can play, needs to up the ante on his switches mind, they look good with his technique, but they're in the air too long to much of the time right now, meaning the opposition player has time to get to our player and be on top of them just after they receive it, which defeats the object of switching the ball entirely.

Also needs time for our players to get used to him, he was looking for an outside in run off the line inbetween Shaw and Fathead from Mo 3 or 4 times today and he has played that ball superbly 3 or 4 times in his limited appearances so far, so we know he has it comfortably i his locker, so there's also that aspect to consider

I think for now, he should maybe start at LCM or RCM in games we don't have Hendo and Gini in the 3 for and either Hendo or Gini play at No6 in the absence of the other, he has looked a bit vulnerable defensively

justme
24th January 2021, 09:36 PM
I agree with Eaggy. Let them break us down.. Zero control of the game. Our fullbacks get caught out when your to open..They have to cover backwards and forwards far to much. We started off the game for at least the first 15 minutes deep and thought yeah we are gonna box clever. But then we just gave up and went hell for leather with no way of controlling the match.

CCTV
25th January 2021, 02:47 AM
Rhys could do with boxing and sprint training sessions.
At the wrong end of things today but I was as pissed off with several other players who are seniors.

miller0863
25th January 2021, 12:22 PM
We conceded to two mistakes and a dive, while we scored two excellent goals. It’s not all doom and gloom after yesterday.

Martyboy
25th January 2021, 03:58 PM
We conceded to two mistakes and a dive, while we scored two excellent goals. It’s not all doom and gloom after yesterday.

Agreed....99 times out of a 100 they wouldn't have happened with VVD and Gomez/Matip there...Hate losing to those coonts though...:(

Insidious
14th May 2021, 12:00 AM
Far from perfect, but played his part against a United side that had a strong and experienced forward in Cavani and a swift forward in Rashford.

Unlikely to become a stalwart of a future Reds team but did his bit this Evening.

Nineteenx
14th May 2021, 12:04 AM
Far from perfect, but played his part against a United side that had a strong and experienced forward in Cavani and a swift forward in Rashford.

Unlikely to become a stalwart of a future Reds team but did his bit this Evening.

Cavani barely got a look in, principally because of what I said at great length prior to the game, almost all his goals come from teams letting the filthy cross it easy with no pressure on the ball, standing off so much that their crosser has time to wait for him to get his starting position, Rashford has been their main player who has assisted him, teams defenders stand off Rashford because of his pace and trickery, Cavani gets himself onside and in his starting position, then Rashford crosses with all the time in the world to do so

Most of the time, when they release Rashford, Pogba, Fernandes, Greenwood, Shaw or AWB early, Cavani is offside or not in a good position for an early cross, he's been very overhyped, he needs the extra time teams standing off the crosser for what seems like an age afford him to get his starting positions now he's 34

ianlfc
14th May 2021, 06:59 AM
He and Nat will live off that game the rest of their life. The lucky lucky bastards!!!

justme
14th May 2021, 07:22 AM
Nineteen knows everything!

Nineteenx
14th May 2021, 08:25 AM
Nineteen knows everything!

Ah, you're finally seeing the light

eggy81
14th May 2021, 08:42 AM
Who would have guessed it. We run more and work harder we get a better performance and ultimately result

Steveo
14th May 2021, 08:54 AM
Absolutely.. It's one thing to get up for such a big game though - especially after being mucked about last time...You just wonder how much is left in the tank. We need the same mentality, drive and determination for each of the last 3 games.

Can't see it at all tbh. but hope to be proved wrong.

Insidious
14th May 2021, 09:04 AM
Can't see it at all tbh. but hope to be proved wrong.

Can be hard to get a read on effort levels in the type of game we're likely to see against West Brom for example.

If a team camps in the Box you can be trying everything in terms of passing and probing but won't appear that way due to not having the spaces to sprint into and so on.

Will be a grind. I'm thinking of what's left of the season in terms of 6 halves of football rather than 3 matches. We have had too many this season where the first half hasn't been right and West Brom will be a good Barometer.

In a perfect World we get an early goal that causes their already-relegated outfit to wilt a bit and we can get a second so we can then pass the ball about, but I expect eaten fingernails despite last night's jubilance.

I take confidence from the fact that all 3 of those that Klopp picked for our line-up got a goal (not sure when that last happened, probably Palace at a guess) and that Bobby got two, as Bobby, when on it, is one of the better players in tight spaces.

It's also tailor-made for a player like Thiago - camped boxes are what he was brought in to break down in terms of the final pass.