PDA

View Full Version : FA Cup 3rd Round

miller0863
9th January 2021, 02:20 PM
Ok so the mighty Reds brewed past a strong (shhh) Aston Villa side last night. Wolves won a tight one at Palace.
Today the early kick offs are throwing up one or two interesting contests as we move into the second half.

Luton 1-0 Reading
Norwich 2-0 Coventry
Chorley 1-0 Derby
Notts Forest 1- Cardiff
Bore ham Wood 0-1 Milwall

Oh yeah and
Everton 1-1 Rotherham
Fitting that the “Millers” have just equalised at the start of the second half.

ianlfc
9th January 2021, 02:22 PM
you beat me to it, mate.

CCTV
9th January 2021, 02:23 PM
I see Ian is masking his attempt to steal your thunder, what a bastard :D

miller0863
9th January 2021, 02:23 PM
Rotherham currently the better team and pressing for a second. This is what happens when you cruise because you think you just have to turn up. The Bitters are gonna have to up their game, they’ve put a strong side out, minus Calvert Lewin.

miller0863
9th January 2021, 02:24 PM
We posted pretty much the same time mate. Great minds n’all that

ianlfc
9th January 2021, 02:27 PM
I see Ian is masking his attempt to steal your thunder, what a bastard :D

In life, you have to pick your battles.

ianlfc
9th January 2021, 02:29 PM
This Rotherham team are playing well, you can hear the boos coming from the sitting rooms 😂😂😂

stevie harkness
9th January 2021, 02:54 PM
A late Everton winner ruled out by VAR

miller0863
9th January 2021, 03:04 PM
Everton go 2-1 up 3 minutes into extra time.

Chorley 2-0 Derby in injury time

miller0863
9th January 2021, 03:08 PM
Everton 14 shots 3 on target
Rotherham 13 shots 4 on target.
Still 2-1 to the bitters

justme
9th January 2021, 03:13 PM
They aint gonna win this trophy the way they are playing.. The bitters must be the largest club in any league to not have won anything in the last 26 years

Kev0909
9th January 2021, 03:26 PM
We're so not getting everton in the next round

justme
9th January 2021, 03:29 PM
IF we are. there should be an investigation..the likelihood of us getting them in the 4th round after getting then 3 times in the first round in the last few years is astronomical.

justme
9th January 2021, 03:40 PM
Haaa a comment on the BBC

Everton take control against Rotherham in extra time..

2-1 is taking control? WTF

miller0863
9th January 2021, 04:11 PM
Early goal for struggling Sheff Utd in the shape of an og at Bristol Rovers. Bet they’d swap it for a league goal.

Steveo
9th January 2021, 04:17 PM
Forfar 1 Linlithgow 1

Murray Mackintosh equalises

ianlfc
9th January 2021, 04:18 PM
Early goal for struggling Sheff Utd in the shape of an og at Bristol Rovers. Bet they’d swap it for a league goal.

Ha ha, I was thinking that myself when I seen it. If only they had fans in to see it !!

miller0863
9th January 2021, 04:23 PM
Oh dear. Bristol Rovers equalise with a header from a free kick.
Brizzle Rocers 1-1 Sheff Utd

Kev0909
9th January 2021, 04:27 PM
Not like shef utd have kids out either

Christ

miller0863
9th January 2021, 04:41 PM
Sheff Utd have a second goal disallowed this time, just underlining the inconsistency of officials in football. The challenge for the header was exactly the same as the one allowed by the West Brom lad to equalise against us. Arms round the the defender to help him get up and hold the defender down.
One week it’s “you’re never going to get that given as a foul.”
The next week it’s “you can’t get away with that.”
Bollocks

justme
9th January 2021, 04:48 PM
Miller is the same with the Brighton penalty and the one we wasnt given against the Saints.. The brighton player dived after contact. the var told the official to change his decision. Yet Mane was clipped then fell over easy and that was ignored.

Kev0909
9th January 2021, 04:53 PM
Sheff Utd have a second goal disallowed this time, just underlining the inconsistency of officials in football. The challenge for the header was exactly the same as the one allowed by the West Brom lad to equalise against us. Arms round the the defender to help him get up and hold the defender down.
One week it’s “you’re never going to get that given as a foul.”
The next week it’s “you can’t get away with that.”
Bollocks

it's fa cup it's all bollocks

shouldn't be going on due to Covid.... like the smaller teams care as much as the bigger teams =spread

Derby had to play complete kids today, out basically because of the rona...

Like villa did yesterday, it's a load of shite imagine getting far then having to basically play kids due to corona...

Very much like international friendly games this weekend couldn't give a fk , roll on tuesday.

CCTV
9th January 2021, 05:04 PM

Ok, I'll pick my battles henceforth.

Anyone in mind ? :D

miller0863
9th January 2021, 05:57 PM
Sheff Utd finally win a game, albeit against a League 1 side.

Steveo
9th January 2021, 06:11 PM
Yes but Forfar just scored 3 goals in extra time and now lead Linlithgow Rose 4:1

Kev0909
9th January 2021, 06:17 PM
Sheff Utd finally win a game, albeit against a League 1 side.

don't look far off a league 1 side!

miller0863
9th January 2021, 06:47 PM
Another Fat Sam masterclass.
Blackpool 2-2 WBA
Blackpool win on pens

ianlfc
9th January 2021, 06:55 PM
Another Fat Sam masterclass.
Blackpool 2-2 WBA
Blackpool win on pens

Dumped out by Jurgens old mate, Neil Critchley . The former reds under 23 manager.

ianlfc
9th January 2021, 06:58 PM
Ok, I'll pick my battles henceforth.

Anyone in mind ? :D

There's been a few in the past , but at the minute there's no one posting that I don't get on with ( I hope)!!

justme
9th January 2021, 07:16 PM
Fucking despise teams that have no intentions of winning. all the can do is sit 30 yards out from their own box and defend.. ie Newcastle. They will never achieve anything playing that way.

skyebo
9th January 2021, 07:19 PM
Does anyone know when the 4th round draw is made ?

justme
9th January 2021, 07:20 PM
Probably Thursday 2 weeks from now at 11:27 am

skyebo
9th January 2021, 07:21 PM
Fucking despise teams that have no intentions of winning. all the can do is sit 30 yards out from their own box and defend.. ie Newcastle. They will never achieve anything playing that way.

They should just go for it, they are not expected to win anyway.

justme
9th January 2021, 07:24 PM
True. they cant get out anyway they have no pace up front.. Elbow man Carroll as spent half his time has a centre back. heading the ball away.

Balinkay
9th January 2021, 07:27 PM

I don't agree - they'll likely stay up and might get the odd famous draw / win against one of the big boys.

justme
9th January 2021, 07:29 PM
But it makes it darn hard to watch.. i have watched the first half of the fa cup game.Not gonna watch the second half.. I prefer games when both teams want to win

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 07:46 PM

In Russia ........ sorry in my home, I don't pick my battles, battles pick me ..... on a regular basis.

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 07:54 PM
Forfar 1 Linlithgow 1

Murray Mackintosh equalises

Blimey! He's taking on Forfar all by himself! And at his age too! Top Red!

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/01/04/video-sincere-john-lithgow-talking-about-his-love-for-lfc-will-warm-your-heart/

LEGS
9th January 2021, 08:07 PM
Im watching Dortmund beating Red Bull 2-0.

Im just not convinced with that Red Bull lad at the back.

Haaland is just a monster and Sancho has had a very good 2nd half.

Not an FA cup game obviously but enjoyable

Steveo
9th January 2021, 08:08 PM
Blimey! He's taking on Forfar all by himself! And at his age too! Top Red!

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/01/04/video-sincere-john-lithgow-talking-about-his-love-for-lfc-will-warm-your-heart/

Don’t forget Lynne... :D

https://youtu.be/gH8IU5G4I18

LEGS
9th January 2021, 08:09 PM

I agree the excuse is we cant play open blah blah blah.

Leeds and Bournemouth proved you can do just that.

I know Bournemouth went down but they stayed up for 5-6 years which is decent for a club of that size.

Balinkay
9th January 2021, 08:18 PM
But it makes it darn hard to watch.. i have watched the first half of the fa cup game.Not gonna watch the second half.. I prefer games when both teams want to win

I mean it's not great but as football fans go, we're really spoiled - winning trophies and playing decent football is basically what LFC's been doing for some sixty years now. Not everyone can turn their nose up at simply staying up.

You are of course right though - can't see myself tuning in to a Toon game unless it's against a direct rival.

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 08:23 PM
I quite like Newcastle (not the football they are currently playing). I think both as a club and a community they have a fair bit in common with us. Some may say I'm talking sloblocks, but that's how I see it.

You get clubs that think they have the potential to become a 'big' club, and whilst most are seriously deluded, I genuinely think they could become one if they ever happened to be run 'correctly'.

Steveo
9th January 2021, 08:25 PM
Oh they could be huge. One club city and fans as passionate as ours...!!! We don’t want petrodollar owners there for certain

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 08:29 PM
Oh they could be huge. One club city and fans as passionate as ours...!!! We don’t want petrodollar owners there for certain

Indeed. I was glad that Saudi takeover was denied, as were many others. No club should be allowed to be taken over by such owners. It's one of the biggest reasons football is often a joke e.g. teams flouting/bending the rules, massively inflated transfer fees/wages etc.

LEGS
9th January 2021, 08:35 PM
Newcastle are being ran correctly when Ashley took over they were in serious financial trouble by over spending under Keegan/Robson.

Failure to reach CL football did them same with Leeds under Risdale.

Newcastle have a large fan base but they have won nothing for over 40 years possibly even 50 years.

Ashley gets all the shit as he wont do what they did under Keegan but thats how stupid football fans are in this country, spending is the way out but if you get it wrong you're in big trouble.

Im with Justme Steve Bruce has spent over £100m to park a bus pretty much every game not exactly the owners fault.

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 08:47 PM
Newcastle have a net spend of around £20m per season. Bruce may not have used the money he has been given that wisely, but he/they have hardly spent the amount the certain other billionaire owned clubs have spent.

Ashley is more concerned with the free advertising his businesses get, than he is about Newcastle growing as a club.

LEGS
9th January 2021, 08:55 PM
I once saw an interview with Ashley he said he'd have to spend around £400-500m to get a CL team.

He isnt wrong the problem is the big 4-6 teams have got too big over the last 20 years for everyone else.

The only way they break into that top 4 on a regular basis is oil money.

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 09:03 PM
Football club owner in "BS reasons why I won't spend any money" shocker.

We have a net spend of £18.5m p/a over the last five years. That's a long way off half a billion. Leicester also did it, so why can't Newcastle? If Leicester had kept hold of the likes of Kante and Mahrez, they'd probably be doing even better than they are.

ianlfc
9th January 2021, 09:04 PM
In Russia ........ sorry in my home, I don't pick my battles, battles pick me ..... on a regular basis.

Was it between a wagon wheel or a jammy dodger ?

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 09:05 PM
Five minutes in and the Red Mancs take the lead against Watford.

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 09:07 PM
Was it between a wagon wheel or a jammy dodger ?

Between a Topic and a Picnic.

If only my 'battles' were actually so trivial.

miller0863
9th January 2021, 09:09 PM
Yep, first proper attack results in a corner headed in by McTominay

Switching over to Dads Army then

ianlfc
9th January 2021, 09:09 PM
Between a Topic and a Picnic.

If only my 'battles' were actually so trivial.

It had to be the topic.

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 09:15 PM
Yep, first proper attack results in a corner headed in by McTominay

Switching over to Dads Army then

I thought it had been banned?

miller0863
9th January 2021, 09:16 PM
Nope

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 09:19 PM
Nope

I was half jesting. I know there has been some 'murmurings' about it within certain quarters, so I would not be surprised if it actually did get banned, or at least had some 'warning' before being aired for the 'hard of thinking'.

LEGS
9th January 2021, 09:28 PM
Football club owner in "BS reasons why I won't spend any money" shocker.

We have a net spend of £18.5m p/a over the last five years. That's a long way off half a billion. Leicester also did it, so why can't Newcastle? If Leicester had kept hold of the likes of Kante and Mahrez, they'd probably be doing even better than they are.

He has spent money you seem to live in a fantasy world where you should be reckless.

What part of they were in serious financial trouble when he took over that seems to be brushed under the carpet.

Look at how much Everton have spent to get from finishing 7-8th to finishing oh wait yeah 7-8th pissing money down the drain.

In other countries coaching is what they do but here as Klopp has said money money money is the answer.

Leicester have very wealthy owners and also take a look at when they were in admin they paid 10p in the pound in other words no morals to local businesses.

justme
9th January 2021, 09:52 PM
Chelsea are looking at paying out 40 million for a defender now..I know the got a huge wack on Hazard. And not spent for a season or 2. I still dont know where they are getting the money from..
In this pandemic no one can afford anything yet they are spending money like buying sweeties

LEGS
9th January 2021, 09:57 PM
Chelsea are looking at paying out 40 million for a defender now..I know the got a huge wack on Hazard. And not spent for a season or 2. I still dont know where they are getting the money from..
In this pandemic no one can afford anything yet they are spending money like buying sweeties

Uncle Rommy

justme
9th January 2021, 10:00 PM
yeah, I think the Fair play thing was slackened for this season? then again it was last season for Man-city.

LEGS
9th January 2021, 10:05 PM
yeah, I think the Fair play thing was slackened for this season? then again it was last season for Man-city.

Basically Chelsea/City can do as they like and its become very clear.

justme
9th January 2021, 10:06 PM
Basically Chelsea/City can do as they like and its become very clear.

Yes and PSG and Madrid and so on and so forth.

skyebo
9th January 2021, 10:10 PM
How much money have all these clubs spent in this window ? These aren't normal times, even they are taking a financial hit with what's going on.

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 10:15 PM
He has spent money you seem to live in a fantasy world where you should be reckless.

What part of they were in serious financial trouble when he took over that seems to be brushed under the carpet.

Look at how much Everton have spent to get from finishing 7-8th to finishing oh wait yeah 7-8th pissing money down the drain.

In other countries coaching is what they do but here as Klopp has said money money money is the answer.

Leicester have very wealthy owners and also take a look at when they were in admin they paid 10p in the pound in other words no morals to local businesses.

Yet again you've read something into one of my posts that I have not either said, nor suggested. Where have I said that Mike Ashely/Newcastle should do a Leeds and spend money in a similar fashion to the way they did? The answer is I didn't.

Go and have a butchers at some Newcastle forums/videos and you'll see that Newcastle fans themselves aren't exactly enamoured with Mike Ashley, hence why they were desperate for the takeover to take place, and why they were devastated when it was blocked.

We were also in financial trouble, but that had f-all to do with where we should have been/what we should have been spending in the transfer market, and everything to do with the cowboys we had in charge and how badly the club was being run. That also applies to the BS. The sizeable amount they have spent isn't a/the issue. What is an issue is how they have spent that money. That is very different to a club spending money that they don't have.

If you think that coaching is the main or only factor in deciding how a club fares (namely those looking to compete for the big prizes/play in the biggest competitions) then you need to give your head a wobble. That stopped being the main factor many moons ago, almost certainly when the PL came into effect, and 100% as soon as the likes of Chelsea under the Russian/Man City with oil money etc came into the equation. Coaching may sometimes be the difference between a club capable of winning trophies every now and then, and a consistent winner, but make no mistake without money you could be the best coach in the world, but unless you get very lucky (kids, bargain signings that come off etc), without a healthy dollop of cash, a club isn't going to be able to consistently challenge for the big prizes.

LEGS
9th January 2021, 10:32 PM
You are saying Newcastle should spend "more" but what is the point they do not have the funds to challenge.

They wont like him as the memory from Keegan/Robson era before him was built on money they didnt have.

If Newcastle get another owner who isnt an oil baron they still wont win anything.

You dont seem to get they have missed the boat there is a reason there is a big six.

I agree you cant challenge long term without money and lets face it the game is worse for it.

skyebo
9th January 2021, 10:38 PM
Maybe buying a football club isn't as glamourous as what some think. Newcastle keep getting people interested but no-one has gone the extra mile and bought the club.

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 10:49 PM
The point is that you don't need to go from a lower table team to a 'consistent challenger' in the blink of an eye. Most teams have to get there gradually, and you do that by building year upon year. Newcastle are not doing that. They, nor Ashley are paupers, so nothing is stopping them from spending a bit more than they are and 'trying' to move themselves up the league and (for their fans) into a position where they might actually win something and be able to think about mixing it with some of the 'bigger' clubs.

Their fans don't like him for multiple reasons, including not spending a bit more money, especially given the way he 'uses' the club. They don't need an 'oil baron', just as we didn't/don't. What they need is exactly what we do i.e. an owner that allows a sizeable percentage of any revenue generated to be pumped back into the club/team.

Yes they 'missed the boat', however boats tend to routinely go backwards and forwards between destinations, not go on a 'one way, one time' trip. They'll keep 'missing the boat' if they aren't allowed to buy a ticket and board the 'boat'.

miller0863
9th January 2021, 11:02 PM
Real having similar problems to us, 72% possession away at Osasuna managing 1 shot on target all game and drawing 0-0

RedNoodle
9th January 2021, 11:11 PM
Real having similar problems to us, 72% possession away at Osasuna managing 1 shot on target all game and drawing 0-0

Unlike them, I hope our issues are positively resolved very soon.

justme
10th January 2021, 12:58 AM
They tried to sell Newcastle to the Saudi King and his group but it failed..if it had gone through.. Potato head would have been for the chopping block LITERALLY .

RedNoodle
10th January 2021, 01:02 AM
They tried to sell Newcastle to the Saudi King and his group but it failed..if it had gone through.. Potato head would have been for the chopping block LITERALLY .

Would it/he have been "a chip off the old block"?

Steveo
10th January 2021, 01:47 AM
Would it/he have been "a chip off the old block"?

He’d have been mashed up in the takeover either way.

Kev0909
10th January 2021, 01:47 PM
Chelsea playing Havertz Ziyech and Werner against the mighty morecambe

that's a man under pressure

miller0863
10th January 2021, 02:19 PM
Jeez Louise it is. If any of them pick up an injury the risk will not have been worth it.

To be fair, we played Mané and Salah although in our case we would have been preparing to play Villa’s first 11 and it would have been too late to make changes.

miller0863
10th January 2021, 02:50 PM
Morecambe very close to taking the lead. Pity, could have been interesting
However, 5 minutes later well placed shot from outside the box by Mountgives Chelsea the lead
Chelsea 1-0 Morecambe

City 1-0 Birmingham
Silva

miller0863
10th January 2021, 02:51 PM
Another one for Sliva
City 2-0 Birmingham

miller0863
10th January 2021, 03:19 PM
Crawley holding their own against Leeds, Chelsea kill off stubborn Morecambe resistance on half time with a second, City in cruise control against Birmingham

H/T
Crawley 0-0 Leeds
Chelsea 2-0 Morecambe
City 3-0 Birmingham

miller0863
10th January 2021, 03:37 PM
Oh dear, Crawley 1-0 Leeds

miller0863
10th January 2021, 03:39 PM
Er... 2 in 2 minutes

Crawley 2-0 Leeds

Steveo
10th January 2021, 03:56 PM
Er... 2 in 2 minutes

Crawley 2-0 Leeds

Make that 3

miller0863
10th January 2021, 03:56 PM
And that is that
Crawley 3-0 Leeds

justme
10th January 2021, 04:04 PM
what tier of football is Crawley in??

Steveo
10th January 2021, 04:06 PM
Doesn’t matter if your keeper doesn’t turn up. Not sure who is in goal for Leeds but he has been atrocious

justme
10th January 2021, 04:07 PM
Must be a Scottish keeper

Steveo
10th January 2021, 04:12 PM
https://i.ibb.co/5vyVVLN/0-BA50-D48-A881-4894-8-EFC-D1-B7-B42-F3-D7-F.jpg

Leighton - never have I seen a more bandy legged Fecker..

justme
10th January 2021, 04:15 PM
Just switched on the TV. the Leeds player literally kicked the ball out the park. it went over the stand and down the road.

skyebo
10th January 2021, 04:16 PM
what tier of football is Crawley in??

League 2 i think. Harry Kewell was manager there, but didn't last very long.

justme
10th January 2021, 04:19 PM
League 2 i think. Harry Kewell was manager there, but didn't last very long.
Thanks and thats the 4th division that's some loss for Leeds.

skyebo
10th January 2021, 04:20 PM
Thanks and thats the 4th division that's some loss for Leeds.

Indeed.

Kev0909
10th January 2021, 06:44 PM
I see Michael Oliver has been trusted with the huge competitive game

Marine V spurs

lol

this is hard to watch

Steveo
10th January 2021, 07:13 PM
Vicinius - already has his hat trick ...but takes a shot and the ball well over the bar - right over the stand and still bouncing down Crosender Road..

Kev0909
10th January 2021, 07:16 PM
Vicinius - already has his hat trick ...but takes a shot and the ball well over the bar - right over the stand and still bouncing down Crosender Road..

Seems like a cunt to me, hammered it in from literally just outside goal line.. then did mbappe celebration rofl

Steveo
10th January 2021, 07:17 PM
16 year old Alfie Devine ( Let go by Liverpool at 11 ) scores an absolute superb strikers goal.. One to watch ?

justme
10th January 2021, 07:26 PM
A very poor team. but they would still beat Celtic.

miller0863
10th January 2021, 10:40 PM
Wow, Newport equalise in the 5th minute of 4 minutes of injury time.
F/T
Newport 1-1 Brighton
Extra time to come

RedNoodle
10th January 2021, 10:55 PM
Wow, Newport equalise in the 5th minute of 4 minutes of injury time.
F/T
Newport 1-1 Brighton
Extra time to come

A good game?

miller0863
10th January 2021, 11:13 PM
Lacking a bit in quality but it’s had the feeling of a possible upset from the off

miller0863
10th January 2021, 11:31 PM
Penalties it is

Newport 0 0 1 1 0
Brighton 1 0 0 1 0

Sudden death
Newport 1 0
Brighton 1 1

Brighton scrape through thanks to a sudden death shoot out victory

RedNoodle
10th January 2021, 11:33 PM
Oh dear. Having your first two penalties saved isn't a good start.

I thought they could be in trouble each time when I saw the short run up they were going with.

Some of those penalties were abysmal. The worst I've seen in a while.

Unlucky Newport. What could have been.

Addition:- It would help if I posted what I wanted to say in the correct thread. :o

Balinkay
11th January 2021, 11:43 AM
I don't get the short run up. It irks me no end. Always feel like they won't hit the target.

LEGS
11th January 2021, 11:47 AM
I don't get the short run up. It irks me no end. Always feel like they won't hit the target.

I tend to agree with you if you miss you do look stupid obviously if you score then nowt gets said.

I prefer players to have a proper run up id rather a player miss that way than a two step movement to ball.

Balinkay
11th January 2021, 02:05 PM
Yeah, exactly.

Not sure if the data suggests that such run ups are worse - they just feel worse.

Steveo
11th January 2021, 02:11 PM
I would insist all players start the run from the Halfway line - following a sharp zig zag motion... then a rolypoly - a quick stutter with both feet and kick :D

worldpanel
11th January 2021, 02:39 PM
How about from the ref's whistle you have two seconds to score?

miller0863
11th January 2021, 02:45 PM
That’s quite specific Steveo

Steveo
11th January 2021, 03:41 PM
That’s quite specific Steveo

Sorry - Arctic roll..

CCTV
11th January 2021, 03:49 PM
There's been a few in the past , but at the minute there's no one posting that I don't get on with ( I hope)!!

I'd say all posters past are missed.

I can't imagine anyone having a beef with you Ian. Good temperament, good slagging and a good sport.

justme
11th January 2021, 04:10 PM
Thats quite long for some people to score..

justme
11th January 2021, 04:14 PM
Anyway. Both 4th and 5th round draws at 7 pm this evening.. If we know we will have fairly easy draws in the next 2 rounds. I hope we take the comp serious.. Would be great to get to the fa-cup final again.

miller0863
11th January 2021, 04:57 PM
My bet would be Chelsea away followed by Man City or Spurs away.

Our domestic cup draws have been a joke under Klopp.

Kev0909
11th January 2021, 05:07 PM
My bet would be Chelsea away followed by Man City or Spurs away.

Our domestic cup draws have been a joke under Klopp.

More like the cup has been a joke under klopp

he doesn't give a shit about em

worldpanel
11th January 2021, 05:16 PM
More like the cup has been a joke under klopp

he doesn't give a shit about em

I think the truth lies somewhere in-between

Steveo
11th January 2021, 05:59 PM
Klopp most definitely does give a shit about all competitions.

Being diplomatic I would say that perhaps they are not so lucrative and we know who what that means for the owners and their priorities.

Again - Klopp ain’t gonna come out and say - “I don’t give Flying Fcuck about the domestic Cups” anymore than he is going to say he hasn’t been backed to the hilt.

This is where folks are going to have to use what exists between their ears..

Balinkay
11th January 2021, 07:00 PM
FSG don't give a rat's arse about the cups. They do, however, care about the CL. My bet is that they "nudged" Klopp to play a stronger team in Denmark than he maybe should have.

skyebo
11th January 2021, 07:22 PM
FSG don't give a rat's arse about the cups. They do, however, care about the CL. My bet is that they "nudged" Klopp to play a stronger team in Denmark than he maybe should have.

I don't believe Klopp does either. He only put a strongish team out against Villa because they had already shown their hand. Go back to all the other domestic cup games and you will see how much interest he has in them. I'm pretty sure it's down to Klopp when it comes to team selection. Unlike Chelsea, i don't think our owners want to pick the teams.

Steveo
11th January 2021, 07:28 PM
I don't believe Klopp does either. He only put a strongish team out against Villa because they had already shown their hand. Go back to all the other domestic cup games and you will see how much interest he has in them. I'm pretty sure it's down to Klopp when it comes to team selection. Unlike Chelsea, i don't think our owners want to pick the teams.

You honestly don’t believe our manager cares about the FA Cup..?

If so I find that absolutely mind blowing.

skyebo
11th January 2021, 07:28 PM

That's up to you.

Balinkay
11th January 2021, 07:29 PM
I don't think he particularly cares about it. Not in the same stratosphere as the league or Europe. That, compounded by the owners also not caring and not having a huge squad, gives him the free hand to chuck them away most of the time.

@sky - I don't think they'd tell him who to play but I can definitely see John H. giving him a nudge in the right direction.

skyebo
11th January 2021, 07:31 PM
I don't think he particularly cares about it. Not in the same stratosphere as the league or Europe. That, compounded by the owners also not caring and not having a huge squad, gives him the free hand to chuck them away most of the time.

@sky - I don't think they'd tell him who to play but I can definitely see John H. giving him a nudge in the right direction.

Fair enough, i just don't think they'd get involved with those things.

stevie harkness
11th January 2021, 07:31 PM
Cups ain't what they used to be.

Steveo
11th January 2021, 07:36 PM
European “Cups” aside :D

ianlfc
11th January 2021, 07:45 PM

I find that very hard to believe. Jurgen has the 2 big ones in the last 2 years. There's no way he's going to be told who to play . He'd walk and I wouldn't blame him.
Since he's been here his squad hasn't been big enough to go for all the trophies so he's played the kids. Maybe this season he thinks differently.

stevie harkness
11th January 2021, 07:47 PM
European “Cups” aside :D

Well yeah, if we had a choice between a domestic cup double and winning No.7 then I'd settle for just the one trophy.

Kev0909
11th January 2021, 08:04 PM

Look at the teams he's put out look at the history since Klopp

You'd be deluded to think he does care

Steveo
11th January 2021, 08:10 PM
Naah - think some of you are confused. You don’t have a big enough squad to compete on more than a maximum of 2 fronts - naturally you play massively weaker sides in domestic cups.

Believing that the manager doesn’t care is really naive/deluded.

Balinkay
11th January 2021, 08:14 PM
What was his cup record in Germany like?

Steveo
11th January 2021, 08:16 PM
Got no idea mate - I imagine at Dortmund he was even less well financed than here. He did win the German Cup though

miller0863
11th January 2021, 08:20 PM
Yet again we could not have had a worse draw while City get their usual bye.

That has had as much to do with their success in domestic cups and our lack of it under Klopp. Our draws have been ridiculous

Steveo
11th January 2021, 08:21 PM
Chance to knock the scum out

miller0863
11th January 2021, 08:22 PM
Not the point. We never get a chance to play a second string and cruise through

Steveo
11th January 2021, 08:26 PM
Been knocked out by West Brom - Wolves and Chelsea last 3 seasons.. Does sound quite tough - but - same for the clubs facing us who all went through.

Balinkay
11th January 2021, 08:33 PM
I mean no shame in going out to Wolves and Chelsea in all honesty. Who got us this year? Arsenal I guess?

Heard a mad stat that the only PL side Klopp has ever beaten in the FA cup is... *drumroll* Everton! Twice! That was before we played "honey I shrunk the Villains".

skyebo
11th January 2021, 08:37 PM
I mean no shame in going out to Wolves and Chelsea in all honesty. Who got us this year? Arsenal I guess?

Heard a mad stat that the only PL side Klopp has ever beaten in the FA cup is... *drumroll* Everton! Twice! That was before we played "honey I shrunk the Villains".

I don't count the Villa game as a victory as it was literally men against boys. The reverse of the league cup defeat when we played a team of kids.

Kev0909
11th January 2021, 08:43 PM
I don't count the Villa game as a victory as it was literally men against boys. The reverse of the league cup defeat when we played a team of kids.

we're only still in this cup because of covid let's be honest

Balinkay
11th January 2021, 08:45 PM
@sky Yeah, of course.

skyebo
11th January 2021, 08:46 PM

Probably Kev. They would have played a strong team, and Klopp would have played the youngsters as he always does.

LEGS
11th January 2021, 08:47 PM

Well Villa didnt have to play on Friday they chose to could have waited for their full team to be back.

I will say Covid is destroying the season the sooner we are vaccinated the better as this season is the real asterisk season.

skyebo
11th January 2021, 09:58 PM
West Ham are doing well, being held at half time by Stockport of the National League.