PDA

View Full Version : Midweek Games 12th &13th Jan

miller0863
12th January 2021, 08:59 PM
Sheff Utd 1-0 Newcastle
Sheff Utd finally break their duck at the 18th attempt. Can they back it up and win another to start to close the gap? Or is it a blip??
Next up for them Spurs at home.

How the hell did we not score against Fat head’s rabble??

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 09:07 PM
We didn't score because our forward line is off form, we don't have any other quality forward options other than Jota (who got injured being played in a meaningless match), and because we have little-no creativity and/or goals everywhere else on the pitch, especially in midfield.

miller0863
12th January 2021, 09:21 PM
Iwobi puts Everton in front after 5 mins
Wolves 0-1 Everton

Kev0909
12th January 2021, 09:26 PM
Good job shef utd won that game...

They've got spurs, utd and city next 3 league games haha then west brom then chelsea

game v wba could be the battle for 19th

miller0863
12th January 2021, 09:31 PM
Wolves 1-1 Everton
Ruben Neves

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 09:34 PM
Wolves 1-1 Everton
Ruben Neves

Can the ref please blow the final whistle. Tell him it's because I need the poi ...... err I mean because of Covid.

justme
12th January 2021, 09:42 PM
Manure are constantly whining at the ref

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 09:50 PM
If a similar incident happened to us/one of our players, you just know he would have been sent off.

miller0863
12th January 2021, 09:50 PM
Utd being Utd, they have not stopped berating the ref. Here we are again.
At one end of the pitch Shaw fouls his man clearly, should be a yellow but nothing given.
Utd break and Cavani is brought down, yellow card for the Burnley player, Maguire immediately in the Ref’s face demanding a red.
VAR check takes it all the way back to the original offence and the ref correctly books Shaw. Who stands there arms outstretched saying he got the ball.... he was absolutely nowhere near the ball and lucky not to get a red.

But seriously all game, Cavani, Maguire and Shaw have been at the referee non stop.

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 09:53 PM
Maquire thinks he's scored but it's ruled out for a foul.

miller0863
12th January 2021, 09:54 PM
Maguire scores with a header, again a similar challenge like the WBA equaliser and it’s disallowed.

Still 0-0

justme
12th January 2021, 09:58 PM
Fucking Fernades asks for a penalty and it hits the Burnley player in the face

miller0863
12th January 2021, 10:05 PM
Finally a Utd player is booked for whinging, this time it’s Fernandes

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 10:06 PM
Fucking Fernades asks for a penalty and it hits the Burnley player in the face

They don't need to ask. It's written into PL referees contracts that they must award Man U a certain number of penalties per season.

Fernandes gets booked for dissent. The ref is just making sure he shields himself from any bias accusations when he eventually awards him/them a penalty.

miller0863
12th January 2021, 10:06 PM
H/T
Burnley 0-0 Man Utd
Wolves 1-1 Everton

faridtoxteth
12th January 2021, 10:09 PM
I hate the way Burnley 'play' football. I want them to win tonight but the sooner they get relegated the better.
I don't mind smaller teams playing to their strengths, but this team are animals. You want to have a bit of steel in the team, but its their only strategy.

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 10:13 PM
I hate the way Burnley 'play' football. I want them to win tonight but the sooner they get relegated the better.
I don't mind smaller teams playing to their strengths, but this team are animals. You want to have a bit of steel in the team, but its their only strategy.

Considering they are one of a small number of teams who have spent less than us, you can hardly blame them.

Try to play 'good' football and increase the risk of getting relegated, or play an 'industrial' style of football and give yourself a good chance of staying up? It's a no-brainer.

faridtoxteth
12th January 2021, 10:21 PM
Considering they are one of a small number of teams who have spent less than us, you can hardly blame them.

Try to play 'good' football and increase the risk of getting relegated, or play an 'industrial' style of football and give yourself a good chance of staying up? It's a no-brainer.

In recent years smaller clubs like Bournemouth, Wolves, Brighton, Norwich have all had substantial successful spells in the prem based on good football.
In my opinion this Burnley team are particularly bad. ask Joe Gomez who has never looked the player he was following his unpunished foul by Burnley's Mee. The only worse team i can think of were West Brom under Pulis.

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 10:30 PM
In recent years smaller clubs like Bournemouth, Wolves, Brighton, Norwich have all had substantial successful spells in the prem based on good football.
In my opinion this Burnley team are particularly bad. ask Joe Gomez who has never looked the player he was following his unpunished foul by Burnley's Mee. The only worse team i can think of were West Brom under Pulis.

All of those teams other than Norwich have spent considerably more than Burnley. Wolves also have 'the Portuguese connection', whilst a number of those teams are currently plying their trade in the Championship, teams that tried to play 'good' football.

A Burnley player not being punished for a bad challenge is more to do the referees/FA being p,poor, than it is about the way that Burnley play. It's up to other teams to find a way past them.

faridtoxteth
12th January 2021, 10:34 PM
All of those teams other than Norwich have spent considerably more than Burnley. Wolves also have 'the Portuguese connection', whilst a number of those teams are currently plying their trade in the Championship, teams that tried to place 'good' football.

A Burnley player not being punished for a bad challenge is more to do the referees/FA being p,poor, than it is about the way that Burnley play. It's up to other teams to find a way past them.

Ok Then let me ask you a question. Who do you think is the dirtiest least footballing team in the premier league.?

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 10:40 PM
Ok Then let me ask you a question. Who do you think is the dirtiest least footballing team in the premier league.?

Dirtiest? I don't know. Currently the BS would possibly top that list for obvious reasons. As for being 'the least footballing' team, well someone has to have that accolade. Again it's up to others to counter that way of playing. They have their own priorities, and playing 'nice, 'attractive' football isn't high up on that list.

faridtoxteth
12th January 2021, 10:41 PM
Dirtiest? I don't know. Currently the BS would possibly top that list for obvious reasons. As for being 'the least footballing' team, well someone has to have that accolade. Again it's up to others to counter that way of playing. They have their own priorities, and playing 'nice, 'attractive' football isn't high up on that list.

I forgot about Everton. the school of science.

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 10:47 PM
FFS!!! I had a feeling they were going to score there. :mad:

A poxy deflection as well.

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 10:49 PM
Nothing other than a win for us on Sunday will do.

miller0863
12th January 2021, 10:55 PM
Wolves 1-2 Everton
Burnley 0-1 Utd

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 10:57 PM
Wolves 1-2 Everton
Burnley 0-1 Utd

Did you doze off? ;)

miller0863
12th January 2021, 10:57 PM
Phone update ...

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 10:58 PM
And the BS get a goal to ruin yet another prediction of mine and increase my misery that bit more. :mad:

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 10:59 PM
Phone update ...

Ahhh. Don't you just love a software update just as you're trying to do something.

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 11:05 PM
Vydra you ****.

If that had been a Burnley player, you just know the Mancs would have been awarded a penalty.

miller0863
12th January 2021, 11:07 PM
Maguire’s arm was up by his head. Penalty....unless it’s Maguire

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 11:08 PM
Tarkowski you ****!?!?! Call yourself a professional foorballer?!?!? :mad:

miller0863
12th January 2021, 11:11 PM
Vydra again absolutely awful

LEGS
12th January 2021, 11:13 PM
People keep saying they are shit thats 32 points out the last 36.

I made zero attempt to watch em as it was obvious they would win.

Not seen the game just read a few comments and my friend VAR gets a mention.

Cant wait for the season to finish its shit without fans and being honest a void would be beautiful at this point.

Steveo
12th January 2021, 11:16 PM
Sadly they are simply doing what we have done for the last few seasons. Winning games like a machine - often without getting out of first gear.

It sucks but there it is.

miller0863
12th January 2021, 11:16 PM
Of all the teams to benefit from our inconsistency I didn’t think it was going to be them. Shows how poor the league is right now. We really need to find our form again to play them.

LEGS
12th January 2021, 11:18 PM
City have 2 games in hand and WHEN they win em both they are a point behind Utd.

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 11:24 PM
City have 2 games in hand and WHEN they win em both they are a point behind Utd.

Expect us to fall further back unless FSG get their backside into gear and get in a number of players this month, notably a fit, decent quality CB, and a midfielder and/or forward who can give us some goals and creativity.

JAYPEA
12th January 2021, 11:25 PM
We could easily be top or 6th by end of weekend.

teesred
12th January 2021, 11:26 PM
.......18 games to play.

justme
12th January 2021, 11:27 PM
therers 21 games not 18

teesred
12th January 2021, 11:28 PM
Even better

justme
12th January 2021, 11:34 PM
We will beat Man-united and Burnley.

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 11:36 PM
therers 21 games not 18

Red Riding Hood - "What a big number of fixtures we have left to play!".

The big bad wolf - "All the more for us to drop points in!".

justme
12th January 2021, 11:37 PM
And everyone else

LEGS
12th January 2021, 11:37 PM
Expect us to fall further back unless FSG get their backside into gear and get in a number of players this month, notably a fit, decent quality CB, and a midfielder and/or forward who can give us some goals and creativity.

Well that wont be happening nobody is buying anyone.

We need a CB but if the ones we want arent available we wont buy anyone like we did with VVD.

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 11:41 PM
Well that wont be happening nobody is buying anyone.

We need a CB but if the ones we want arent available we wont buy anyone like we did with VVD.

There is more chance of us signing Haaland and Mbappe than there is of nobody buying anyone.

LEGS
12th January 2021, 11:44 PM
There is more chance of us signing Haaland and Mbappe than there is of nobody buying anyone.

Im speaking of big signings by big clubs take a look.

Obviously Fat Sam will be looking for some 7 foot target man.

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 11:48 PM
Im speaking of big signings by big clubs take a look.

Obviously Fat Sam will be looking for some 7 foot target man.

We could probably do with such a forward ourselves.

LEGS
12th January 2021, 11:53 PM
We could probably do with such a forward ourselves.

Agreed the ideal man is Haaland but I dont see him leaving Dortmund till 2022

RedNoodle
12th January 2021, 11:59 PM
Agreed the ideal man is Haaland but I dont see him leaving Dortmund till 2022

We might have saved up a fiver and a few coppers by then.

reddownunder
13th January 2021, 01:29 AM
People keep saying they are shit thats 32 points out the last 36.

I made zero attempt to watch em as it was obvious they would win.

Not seen the game just read a few comments and my friend VAR gets a mention.

Cant wait for the season to finish its shit without fans and being honest a void would be beautiful at this point.

With what's going on at the likes of Villa at the moment, the responsible thing to do would be to suspend the season until the vaccine is well truly rolled out. Just in time for Van Dijk and Gomez to return from injury would be lovely

LEGS
13th January 2021, 09:15 AM
I agree mate the thing is if they stop the season for a few weeks it will be a rush to finish it for the Euros.

I mean thats how pathetic it all is.

Nineteenx
13th January 2021, 12:10 PM
They simply need to void this season, it's not like last season, Covid has 2 or 3 new far more contagious strains and is spreading like wildfire and we're not even half way through the season either and it should really have been stopped 4 or 5 weeks ago

LEGS
13th January 2021, 12:49 PM
Only a few weeks and we have a break for some lovely international friendlies.

Nothing is going to go wrong just lots of players mixing from different clubs/countries.

Remember must rush through the domestic seasons so the Euros can start on time !

redebreck
13th January 2021, 04:49 PM
Only a few weeks and we have a break for some lovely international friendlies.

Nothing is going to go wrong just lots of players mixing from different clubs/countries.

Remember must rush through the domestic seasons so the Euros can start on time !

Internationals should be shelved.
It's the only sensible thing to do.
Will they be shelved?
Will they F....

skyebo
13th January 2021, 05:52 PM
Steve Bruce getting a hammering on Talksport. Hardly surprising when you go to a team who haven't won all season, and set your team up to play for a draw, even before they went a man down. Got what they deserved in the end.

redebreck
13th January 2021, 06:40 PM
JizzFest v Brighton at 6:00.
Wonder how that's going to turn out?

skyebo
13th January 2021, 06:51 PM
JizzFest v Brighton at 6:00.
Wonder how that's going to turn out?

City will be batting first.

miller0863
13th January 2021, 08:10 PM
H/T
City 1-0 Brighton
Foden 44mins

Teams who sit in like Brighton and hope for the best are absolutely no threat to City whatsoever. You have to have a go to get anything out of matches against them, not just sit back and wait for them to score

LEGS
13th January 2021, 08:13 PM
H/T
City 1-0 Brighton
Foden 44mins

Teams who sit in like Brighton and hope for the best are absolutely no threat to City whatsoever. You have to have a go to get anything out of matches against them, not just sit back and wait for them to score

Yep all they care about is keeping the GD down or at best pinch a point.

miller0863
13th January 2021, 08:23 PM
At least they’ve had a go for 10 minutes in the second half, just that they have the cutting edge of pat of melted butter

miller0863
13th January 2021, 08:47 PM
Late corner to Brighton, they have two standing over it, training ground routine coming up?
Nope, one of them runs up and boots it straight to the first man. Utterly clueless going forward are Brighton utterly clueless

redebreck
13th January 2021, 10:39 PM
Yet another one nil win for the UAE.

miller0863
13th January 2021, 10:43 PM
Speaking of 1-0

Currently Spurs 1-0 Fulham, 20 minutes left

miller0863
13th January 2021, 10:47 PM
Fulham equalise on 75.
Spurs 1-1 Fulham

Kev0909
13th January 2021, 10:52 PM
Aston Villa v Everton is set to be postponed, subject to PL board approval.
The postponement is due to a Covid-19 outbreak at Aston Villa.

haha mighty spurs struggling against Fulham, they really need to get rid of mourinho if they ever want to win anything let's face it, the football they play can be good sometimes, (against certain teams) but others you get what you have here.

It's good for us mind you

Mourinho is more suited to Shef utd / WBA I think steve bruce is also trying to be Mourinho with his football..

So many horrible "stoke" teams at the moment, remember when it was just mainly "stoke" before they changed how they played- those was the days.

miller0863
13th January 2021, 11:02 PM
Spuds think they’ve won it in the 90th minute but marginally offside

miller0863
13th January 2021, 11:06 PM
F/T
Spurs 1-1 Fulham

redebreck
13th January 2021, 11:08 PM
F/T
Spurs 1-1 Fulham

Title hopefuls...

Kev0909
13th January 2021, 11:11 PM
Spurs fans probably wish they gave Poch more time

spurs defo went for the big name, not a very well run club considering how tight they are with wages etc

miller0863
13th January 2021, 11:18 PM
Spurs are only 3 points behind us, so if we are so are they at this moment in time I would say.

Kev0909
13th January 2021, 11:21 PM
Spurs are only 3 points behind us, so if we are so are they at this moment in time I would say.

yes and that's with us being forced to play Fabinho at CB, williams who was in non-league football last season and VAR going against us a number of times, and tons of other injury's

Spurs have been lucky so far with them, even kane seems to be staying fit.

it's easy to say but without the injury's or without missing Jota, we'd of probably been at least 9+ pts ahead of them, that's without mentioning VAR

RedNoodle
13th January 2021, 11:24 PM

If you are talking about being in the title race, we soon won't be unless we/Klopp/FSG get our/their backsides into gear, and quickly.

redebreck
13th January 2021, 11:36 PM
Watching Santos v Boca

Santos have scored a soft goal after 14 minutes

come on, Boca

redebreck
14th January 2021, 12:07 AM
1-0 to Santos at half time

Boca looking poor, not enough urgency (not unlike us tbh)

redebreck
14th January 2021, 12:35 AM
Boca now getting stuffed. 3-0 to Santos.
Was going to comment, if Boca don't improve/increase their sharpness in the second half, they'll get Whupped.
Boca are getting Whupped.

Kev0909
14th January 2021, 12:58 AM
You bored tonight red or generally watch Brazilian league??

Personally I don't really have a interest in it, probably should do more, with other leagues in general... (ok maybe not the irish league or welsh)

RedNoodle
14th January 2021, 01:43 AM

Personally I don't really have a interest in it, probably should do more, with other leagues in general... (ok maybe not the irish league or welsh)

Maybe watching an Irish or Welsh league game will send you to sleep.

redebreck
14th January 2021, 02:21 AM

I like Boca, not specifically keen on Brazilian league. Disappointed they lost tonight.
I watched Boca under-19s in Jersey some years ago when on holiday, and got talking to their manager/coach. Have "followed" Boca ever since.

Kev0909
14th January 2021, 02:28 AM
I like Boca, not specifically keen on Brazilian league. Disappointed they lost tonight.
I watched Boca under-19s in Jersey some years ago when on holiday, and got talking to their manager/coach. Have "followed" Boca ever since.

Ah I see now that's cool, cheers was wondering thought there was more to it!

and true noods haha

Steveo
14th January 2021, 10:35 AM
Boca...All mouth no trousers..! :D

miller0863
14th January 2021, 09:46 PM
Palace have been the better team in the first half, away at the Emirates. They appear to have regained their composure, lost after we thrashed them. Whereas we went on holiday, job done league won ..

H/T
Arsenal 0-0 Palace.

RedNoodle
14th January 2021, 10:15 PM
Palace have been the better team in the first half, away at the Emirates. They appear to have regained their composure, lost after we thrashed them. Whereas we went on holiday, job done league won ..

H/T
Arsenal 0-0 Palace.

What are you talking about Miller? We're just having a bit of a breather, letting other teams think they've got a chance of taking the title away from us before our superb squad comes to the fore and we smash everyone into oblivion.

#MoreMajorSarcasm

miller0863
14th January 2021, 10:45 PM
Bum them into oblivion I think you’ll find.

RedNoodle
14th January 2021, 10:48 PM
Bum them into oblivion I think you’ll find.

I don't think you're allowed to say that. (Copyright Nineteenx 2020).

miller0863
14th January 2021, 10:51 PM
F/T
Arsenal 0-0 Palace
Pretty dismal stuff in truth.

RedNoodle
14th January 2021, 10:53 PM
F/T
Arsenal 0-0 Palace
Pretty dismal stuff in truth.

Are you talking about the game, or my predictions this week and those leading up to it?

miller0863
14th January 2021, 11:40 PM
Both

RedNoodle
15th January 2021, 12:03 AM
Both

I'd say the Arsenal game had a bit more quality. :o

Kev0909
16th January 2021, 03:40 PM
Christ wolves are shit, wba scored 3??????? lol

Steveo
16th January 2021, 03:55 PM
Christ wolves are shit, wba scored 3??????? lol

Midlands derby though - notoriously unpredictable and West Brom fighting for their lives.

We need to employ similar grit tomorrow.