PDA

View Full Version : Matchday

ianlfc
17th January 2021, 12:52 PM
This feels like it could make or break us defending our league title.
We've one way of playing and we get it right we win.
Just fucking do it !!! (Nikes new liverpool logo )

miller0863
17th January 2021, 01:00 PM
Hate Utd games. It’s not just the loss when we lose it’s them winning and in this case the boost towards a genuine title tilt it would give them.
No even only that, the number of times the game has turned on a corrupt decision it’s sickening.
You can also guarantee, that if there are identical challenges in each box, both will go their way.
Want it over, want the 3 points.

ianlfc
17th January 2021, 01:05 PM
As I've said on another thread ,they are due a thrashing from us. I'd love it today for more reasons than just the 3 points.
But a scrappy 1-0 og off Maguires arse will do !!

Steveo
17th January 2021, 01:09 PM
Yep - a win... Any kind of win. Don’t give a toss how - just get that win.

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 01:16 PM
Smells like a bore draw all over

teesred
17th January 2021, 04:09 PM
I'll be amazed if they don't get a penalty.
Saying that we are due a performance, they know what this game means so let's hope that comes through. We've played well against the bigger sides this season too.

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 04:11 PM
I'll be amazed if they don't get a penalty.
Saying that we are due a performance, they know what this game means so let's hope that comes through. We've played well against the bigger sides this season too.

With 2 CMS or williams at the back i'll be amazed too

Maybe matip will be back, who knows.

no sign of him on the team bus apparently, might be a load of shit

justme
17th January 2021, 04:20 PM
We'll have to watch the set pieces today.. with block head in their team

miller0863
17th January 2021, 04:26 PM
Cue about 10 corners and a dozen free kicks given away in our own half.

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 04:31 PM
Oh my christ

that is all

Pogba and fernandes going to have a field day if we don't control the game

miller0863
17th January 2021, 04:32 PM
We’re fucked. Henderson at CB alongside Fab

They are at full strength pretty much

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 04:33 PM
Never know shaqiri may have a game of his life after looking good v kids ofc hes a nailed on starter

Don't understand how we can setup like that with 0 cbs

justme
17th January 2021, 04:34 PM
I dont get Henderson being at the back at all. It says it all about what Klopp thinks of the other options.

justme
17th January 2021, 04:35 PM
Thiago and Shaqiri in midfield.. I dunno about that at all

miller0863
17th January 2021, 04:36 PM
But by dropping Henderson back you are weakening two parts of the team.

Very concerned now

HLOGI
17th January 2021, 04:36 PM
I dont get Henderson being at the back at all. It says it all about what Klopp thinks of the other options.

Very concerning. 2 if our starting midfielders out of position. Shaqiri in midfield. So we soft at the back and lightweight in the middle. Klopp should have sacrificed one or balanced it out. If Midfield is strong defenders are aided. Dont get this logic from Klopp. Hope it works out.

teesred
17th January 2021, 04:38 PM
I'll file Matip in the Keita section. i.e. Fuck off, you're really no use to us.
I hope Klopp playing Hendo there really is him saying to FSG get your money on the table now.
This is beyond a joke, it was a while ago.

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 04:38 PM
But by dropping Henderson back you are weakening two parts of the team.

Very concerned now

this is a team you play against Shef utd, not Man utd

CCTV
17th January 2021, 04:39 PM
Think we could see a belter - a massive 3 points at play.

justme
17th January 2021, 04:39 PM
Very concerning. 2 if our starting midfielders out of position. Shaqiri in midfield. So we soft at the back and lightweight in the middle. Klopp should have sacrificed one or balanced it out. If Midfield is strong defenders are aided. Dont get this logic from Klopp. Hope it works out.
Hopefully it does

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 04:40 PM
Shaqiri starts for the first time in the Premier League for Liverpool since December 2019

Jesus

I suppose he is injured 60% of the time, and not going to replace salah

ALSO

whos going to defend the set-pieces?? i hope they don't get many they've got big tall units we've got shaqiri

miller0863
17th January 2021, 04:43 PM
Shaq will pick up Maguire or Pogba no doubt

CCTV
Looks like Klopp has gone for the pace of Hendo at centre back and a team to play ball.
Be interesting to see how the midfield line-up, 42X?

HLOGI
Shaqiri starts for the first time in the Premier League for Liverpool since December 2019

Jesus

I suppose he is injured 60% of the time, and not going to replace salah

ALSO

whos going to defend the set-pieces?? i hope they don't get many they've got big tall units we've got shaqiri

No height in our team. Think Bobby, Hendo and Fab are the 3 tallest and they hit massive. We are definitely not keeping a clean sheet today. We need to win a shootout today.

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 04:44 PM
Shaq will pick up Maguire or Pogba no doubt

how's that midfield going to battle with utds???

it'll be interesting eitherway, I suspect we're going to try keep hold of the ball as much as possible

miller0863
17th January 2021, 04:46 PM
Interesting in a slowing down to look at a car crash sort of way.

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 04:47 PM
At least we've got good options on the bench Like Ox Milner and origi if we need to change things.

we might see Williams on for shaqiri and henderson to CM in the 60th min

CCTV
17th January 2021, 04:50 PM
No height in our team. Think Bobby, Hendo and Fab are the 3 tallest and they hit massive. We are definitely not keeping a clean sheet today. We need to win a shootout today.

Big onus on Big Bear sweeping up !

teesred
17th January 2021, 04:52 PM
What exactly is Matips injury? Its not major so why isnt he champing at the bit to play?
You'd have to literally force some players to sit out this fixture despite injury.
It never seems to be major things that keep him out and that to me is questionable on his part.

Nineteenx
17th January 2021, 04:54 PM
What exactly is Matips injury? Its not major so why isnt he champing at the bit to play?
You'd have to literally force some players to sit out this fixture despite injury.
It never seems to be major things that keep him out and that to me is questionable on his part.

There's over half the season left to play, I'd rather have Matip back for a run of games than risk him not fully fit today, we've also had ample opportunity to bring another senior CB in, the window opened over 2 weeks ago

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 04:56 PM
There's over half the season left to play, I'd rather have Matip back for a run of games than risk him not fully fit today, we've also had ample opportunity to bring another senior CB in, the window opened over 2 weeks ago

it's insane we've got to count on Matip staying fit... FSG honestly don't seem to care if we throw this season away and slide back down the table at least sell some fringe players if we have to, and get one in that way or even a loan somewhere

Anything is better than this surely

eggy81
17th January 2021, 05:01 PM
We’re fucked today lads. Will take one of those miracle super charged performances to win this.

teesred
17th January 2021, 05:02 PM

Agree to a point but its not something major keeping him out. Play through the pain barrier? Doesn't seem to be in his mindset. Ever.
The signing of a CB to me now is ridiculous and I genuinely think that's why he's playing Hendo there.

TheDOC1979
17th January 2021, 05:07 PM
Not as confident as I have been against the recent years. A game which I always hate regardless of form.

Henderson at the back is a joke.

Even if we win, big if, I wouldn’t say “we’re back on track” recent results post palace game prove otherwise. Fuck football

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 07:26 PM
Smells like a bore draw all over

yay

30 points to me noods

justme
17th January 2021, 07:30 PM
Funny thing is Jones was doing well he gets dropped and in comes Shaqiri...Maybe we are trying to get some coffers in for Shaq.

ianlfc
17th January 2021, 07:50 PM
The cunts played against us with 2 centre midfielders at centre back and still looked poor.
We're still in the hunt.

Balinkay
17th January 2021, 07:52 PM
Fuck the title, consolidate into top4 and take it from there. We can't afford to miss out on that sweet CL moolah.

Kev0909
17th January 2021, 07:53 PM
Fuck the title, consolidate into top4 and take it from there. We can't afford to miss out on that sweet CL moolah.

Yeah otherwise with these owners we'll be looking sign players like Vorinon on a free and selling Salah

Balinkay
17th January 2021, 07:57 PM
Yeah otherwise with these owners we'll be looking sign players like Vorinon on a free and selling Salah

https://www.todaysparent.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/crying-baby-istock660.jpg

Live images from Kev's house. :D

But you're not wrong, yes. Money would be hugely tight.