PDA

View Full Version : Midweek Games 19-21/01/21

miller0863
19th January 2021, 08:12 PM
Fat Sam’s boys just equalised, what a football genius his blubberyness really is.

WHU 1-1 WBA
53 mins gone

Steveo
19th January 2021, 08:14 PM
Knows how to get down into the gutter and scrap.. :D

miller0863
19th January 2021, 08:18 PM
Well he knows how to block the gutter

miller0863
19th January 2021, 08:26 PM
Come on blubberboy get your troops rallied, 2-1 down now.
Good finish from Antonio
WHU 2-1 WBA
67 gone

miller0863
19th January 2021, 08:54 PM
F/t
whu 2-1 wba

Steveo
19th January 2021, 09:07 PM
Gollum beats Fat Sam.. Antonio is really Weat Hams threat. Back in time to face us I see FFS

miller0863
19th January 2021, 09:23 PM
Ndidi strike gives Leicester an early lead after 7 minutes
Leicester 1-0 Chelsea

miller0863
19th January 2021, 09:59 PM
Chelsea awarded a penalty by the referee, downgraded to a free kick on the edge, blasted way over by Mount.
Chelsea then switch off as Leicester break down the other end and go 2-0 up.

Leicester 2-0 Chelsea

Only Newcastle have conceded more away goals than Chelsea since fat Frank took charge, that was the 50th.

RedNoodle
19th January 2021, 10:07 PM
I was listening to a journo yesterday, and going by what he was saying/inferring it seems that Lampard is as good as gone and that Abramovich has already been sounding out a manager or two, and may actually already have one lined up to take over from Lampard as and when he's given the boot.

Kev0909
19th January 2021, 10:17 PM
Comes to something when West ham are more of a threat to us (top4 lol) than Chelsea

Insidious
19th January 2021, 10:30 PM
Comes to something when West ham are more of a threat to us (top4 lol) than Chelsea

I mentioned it in another thread and that Chelsea face different circumstances (Abramovich can slip some brown envelopes under a table, their transfer ban) but clubs who invested big recently could regret it further down the line if crowds don't return to stadiums as quickly as people would like - committing to big fees (particularly if paid in instalments) and big wages for a couple of seasons if not generating match revenue / missing out on Champion's League football could cause major headaches that could take a few seasons to fix.

It's much, much too early to get a real read on it, but reflection on 20/21 and 21/22 could be really interesting when we reach 22/23 and onwards.

boom-klopp
19th January 2021, 10:38 PM
I mentioned it in another thread and that Chelsea face different circumstances (Abramovich can slip some brown envelopes under a table, their transfer ban) but clubs who invested big recently could regret it further down the line if crowds don't return to stadiums as quickly as people would like - committing to big fees (particularly if paid in instalments) and big wages for a couple of seasons if not generating match revenue / missing out on Champion's League football could cause major headaches that could take a few seasons to fix.

It's much, much too early to get a real read on it, but reflection on 20/21 and 21/22 could be really interesting when we reach 22/23 and onwards.

well that’s where the default position (scuse pun) of super league comes in.

the too bigs to fail will be saved. the small tinpot clubs like the blue shite will be bye bye vienna.

if you think COYS just bought a £1bn stadium with their turnover, as a vanity project, you’re living in a paradigm where what you see on the tv is reality!

the super league is happening.

boom-klopp
19th January 2021, 10:40 PM
i would say both the leicester and chelsea right backs are ahead of trent atm.

he has regressed so badly, even garbage like wank-bissaka are looking like prime cafu.

miller0863
19th January 2021, 10:59 PM
Second half sub Werner has one ruled out for offside...just

RedNoodle
19th January 2021, 11:07 PM
I think Lampard is done, if he wasn't already.

miller0863
19th January 2021, 11:20 PM
Leicester top, four clear of us now.

Insidious
19th January 2021, 11:53 PM
Leicester top, four clear of us now.

Having played a game more than us, to be fair. Not that I am assuming we'll beat Burnley, given the current attacking drought.

jr81
20th January 2021, 12:09 AM
Having played a game more than us, to be fair. Not that I am assuming we'll beat Burnley, given the current attacking drought.

Any chance matip is back for this? Long ball after long ball on top of Henderson and Fabinho. They will be dangerous from corners.

Insidious
20th January 2021, 12:17 AM
Any chance matip is back for this? Long ball after long ball on top of Henderson and Fabinho. They will be dangerous from corners.

He was training for a session or two and Klopp's comments suggested he "just" missed out on the United game, so he might be.

Klopp may surprise us and stick with Hendo+Fabinho for a little longer yet just to build consistency, though I would like Matip back in to get Henderson in midfield with Thiago and one other.

Insidious
20th January 2021, 12:38 AM
Just to add, 3 wins in a row for Leicester now, with most of the squad fit/back from injury and I think the 3 wins have come without goals from Vardy, which will encourage them.

Don't mind them finishing in the Top Four at the expense of someone else. Hopefully Spurs or United miss out at their expense.

Steveo
20th January 2021, 01:35 AM
He was training for a session or two and Klopp's comments suggested he "just" missed out on the United game, so he might be.

Klopp may surprise us and stick with Hendo+Fabinho for a little longer yet just to build consistency, though I would like Matip back in to get Henderson in midfield with Thiago and one other.

Maybe Klopp saw enough of Hendo in the middle for a while in the game against Villa’s kids. :D

Might see Bobby partnering him at CB with Fabinho up top.

Insidious
20th January 2021, 08:15 PM
Anyone think Fulham can manage a draw tonight or is a United win a formality?

4 draws and a loss in their last 5 League games, the loss a 1-0 against Chelsea.

justme
20th January 2021, 08:43 PM
The mancity player can from an offside position and interfered with the goal.apart from that it was legit.

LFC-DPG
20th January 2021, 08:44 PM
How was that not offside. VAR didn’t even look. Clearly offside then tackled the villa player.

justme
20th January 2021, 08:45 PM
How was that not offside. VAR didn’t even look. Clearly offside then tackled the villa player.

That decision was fucking ridiculous..

miller0863
20th January 2021, 08:46 PM
Again I am left scratching my head at a decision.
City score but when the ball was initially headed forwards a City player was yards offside, Mings took a touch and the offside player comes from behind him and takes the ball.
It’s offside and yet not given despite an apparent VAR check. Dean Smith gets red carded he doesn’t get it, Peter Walton the ex ref in the BT studio also says he doesn’t understand either.
The refereeing standards are absolutely appalling.
Villa feeling really aggrieved

City 1-0 Villa
85 gone

justme
20th January 2021, 08:47 PM
VAR: Andre Marriner. says it all

miller0863
That is actually the biggest offside I have ever seen not given, must have been 10-15 yards offside

justme
Again I am left scratching my head at a decision.
City score but when the ball was initially headed forwards a City player was yards offside, Mings took a touch and the offside player comes from behind him and takes the ball.
It’s offside and yet not given despite an apparent VAR check. Dean Smith gets red carded he doesn’t get it, Peter Walton the ex ref in the BT studio also says he doesn’t understand either.
The refereeing standards are absolutely appalling.
Villa feeling really aggrieved

City 1-0 Villa
85 gone

Because theres cheating going on. Thats why

miller0863
20th January 2021, 08:48 PM
John Moss the ref ..... Nuno Espírito Santo likes this.

miller0863
20th January 2021, 08:50 PM
Something stinks in English football right now.

justme
20th January 2021, 08:51 PM
If the OFFICIALS can not see that. they are doing something deceitful

miller0863
20th January 2021, 08:53 PM
Penalty seals it but it was already gone.
City 2-0 Villa

Snaily
20th January 2021, 08:59 PM
It was onside as the player became onside once the villa player deliberately played the ball. Peter Walton should have known that.

Remember couple of years back when kane scored when offside because lovren missing kid a clearance. The game with salah mazey run goal to make it 2-2. We all thought it was offside but it was explained then that because there was a deliberate play of the ball by lovren it automatically made kale onside. Stupid, but thems the rules

miller0863
20th January 2021, 09:02 PM
How is he not gaining an advantage when he’s goal side of the defender?
It is poor interpretation of the law

justme
20th January 2021, 09:02 PM
You know miller officials are devious. One of the excuses they were taking to long to come up with a decision. So they have decided to hurry it up and when they make errors on purpose. They will now say they are being rushed into making quick calls its not their fault.
what ever the situation is the officials come up with they will have reason for it, in the process they are cheating.

miller0863
20th January 2021, 09:03 PM
They definitely have two different sets of laws they’re enforcing depending on the colour of the shirt, definitely

justme
20th January 2021, 09:05 PM
Again has Millers says it ONE interpretation of the rules. Next time a player of OURS is offside and then scores a goal after a defender has made contact with the ball. it will be given offside.

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 09:06 PM
You'd expect the filthy to bottle it after being made look a rank average mid table park the bus side by our lads far short of their best and now UAE FC have gone top

The decision to be brave for 20 minutes then revert to a system we've never played and moving Mane away from a defender new to the league signed for a massive fee he looked like absolutely destroying, who has since gone from strength to strength looks more stupid with each passing game as i called it at the time

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 09:07 PM
They definitely have two different sets of laws they’re enforcing depending on the colour of the shirt, definitely

Don't tell Skyebo that

justme
20th January 2021, 09:09 PM
You'd expect the filthy to bottle it after being made look a rank average mid table park the bus side by our lads far short of their best and now UAE FC have gone top

The decision to be brave for 20 minutes then revert to a system we've never played and moving Mane away from a defender new to the league signed for a massive fee he looked like absolutely destroying, who has since gone from strength to strength looks more stupid with each passing game as i called it at the time
Your an expert mate. just like you claim Lucas Levia was a class player. the guy was slow he offered fk all going forward and all in all he was SHIT

justme
20th January 2021, 09:14 PM
Going back to the incident with Kane.. Moss was the same ref that day. theres were fk all concrete evidence of what took place.But Moss still thought OK will give the penalty.

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 09:19 PM
That kind of thing is another reason why it's increasingly looking like we won't retain the title. It's bad enough when issues of your own making stop you succeeding, but when those in charge are determined to stop you/help others, there is nothing you can do about it.

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 09:22 PM
Lookman gives Fulham the lead.

ianlfc
20th January 2021, 09:27 PM
Just seen the perfectly good first City goal. Obviously a few on here don't know the rules 😂😂😂

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 09:38 PM
Cavani equalises. Poxy goalkeeper fumbled the ball right into Cavani's path. :mad:

miller0863
20th January 2021, 09:39 PM
Er come on guys, a few having a regular pop at a really valued old regular, let’s ease off a bit eh?
Live n’ let live...

Kev0909
20th January 2021, 09:53 PM
Er come on guys, a few having a regular pop at a really valued old regular, let’s ease off a bit eh?
Live n’ let live...

He's the one causing it the fucking idiot

I shall give this forum a rest

Peace out, it's boring me anyway the same shit about fabinho every single day, that or some crazy conspiracy theories because we're playing shite

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 10:04 PM
HT Fulham 1-1 Man U

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 10:09 PM
1-1 ht

Incidentally the filthy are currently getting 3 points in my VAR league table as that foul by Loftus-Cheek was a nailed on pen, they've been given all season and fair's fair, Fulham are going to have to be much better second half to get something standing off the deeper midfielders affording them and willing runners all the time in the world far too much

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 10:40 PM
Pogba gives the Mancs the lead.

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 10:41 PM
If we don't pick up all three points tomorrow, things will look even more bleak than they already are.

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 10:44 PM
2-1 to the filthy, great strike by Pogba, but what the Fulham defender Ryan was thinking backing off to invite it as he did only he knows

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 10:51 PM
Loftus Cheek has a good chance to equalise but he hits his shot straight at the keeper.

Maybe he's been taking lessons from our front three?

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 10:59 PM
Loftus Cheek has another good chance to equalise, but this time he blazes his shot into the upper atmosphere.

Insidious
20th January 2021, 11:05 PM
If we don't pick up all three points tomorrow, things will look even more bleak than they already are.

It's not bleak yet.

3-0 down to Blackburn in January ten years ago after 58 minutes on the other hand...

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 11:08 PM
It's not bleak yet.

3-0 down to Blackburn in January ten years ago after 58 minutes on the other hand...

Given what's at stake, I'd say things are looking increasingly bleak, and this increase will gather momentum just so long as 'we' don't start addressing some of the issues we have, and fast.

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 11:10 PM
FT Fulham 1-2 Man U

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 11:11 PM
2-1 ft Fulham actually had the better clear chances and repeatedly fluffed their lines

miller0863
20th January 2021, 11:13 PM
Many more twists and turns to come yet

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 11:15 PM
2-1 ft Fulham actually had the better clear chances and repeatedly fluffed their lines

As I said, it looked like they had been taking lessons from our front three.

If that had been us, you just know that header that came of Baily would have crept in our near post.

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 11:16 PM
Many more twists and turns to come yet

Which are all probably going to end up with us tied up in knots.

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 11:16 PM

Bleak? We've just got lots of players coming back, now we need some continuity of selection and to build some rhythm and go on a good run of back to back wins

I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of a few games of our best 11 bar Virgil, looking forward to it, 'if' we get that in the selection

RedNoodle
20th January 2021, 11:18 PM
Bleak? We've just got lots of players coming back, now we need some continuity of selection and to build some rhythm and go on a good run of back to back wins

I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of a few games of our best 11 bar Virgil, looking forward to it, 'if' we get that in the selection

Unless all our players are coming back, and all of them are going to hit the ground running, then yes things are looking bleak, never mind that the players we do have available look devoid of energy, creativity and potency.

Insidious
20th January 2021, 11:25 PM

Pretty excited too.

My gut instinct is that our malaise will last a little bit longer (some draws where we want wins etc) but we'll get into some sort of momentum during the last-16 or quarter-finals stage of the season and finish very respectably.

Think we can expect some supporters to have a wobble when we have a temporary dip or two outside of the Champion's League spots, which will happen because it's so congested in the top six spaces, but this should be ironed out by the 25th-30th game or so.

Here's hoping! We'resecond in the possession stakes across Europe’s top five leagues this season (averaging 60.6 per cent with only Barcelona’s 61.3 per cent superior) which is testament to how the side has been evolving over the last 18 months or so (we had even more last season) and with additions like Thiago to help us control/create, an attacker to strengthen the depth in Jota, a back-up left-back we might actually get to use at some stage in Tsimikas and (hopefully, finally, some rhythm/chemistry) we should be okay - I'd be gobsmacked if the worst-case-scenario of FOUR sides finishing higher than us were to happen. Gobsmacked.

Nineteenx
20th January 2021, 11:28 PM
Unless all our players are coming back, and all of them are going to hit the ground running, then yes things are looking bleak, never mind that the players we do have available look devoid of energy, creativity and potency.

I disagree, the finishing has let us down, we've been robbed several times also, people are entitled to say we should have put more of our chances away, but we won the league winning several games by the odd goal missing our fair share, had we been robbed of some of those odd goals or had wrong uns given against us, not been given nailed on pens etc we'd have had 16 or more points less last season

We're down 9 on what we should have so far this season and we're not even half way through

retired
20th January 2021, 11:31 PM
Maybe it shows how much influence purple nose is having behind the scene, how often in the past did he sign someone for half a season
to a couple of seasons just to fill a gap. Last year they brought that guy in on loan ( forget his name, old age ) forward i think, Jan. they sign Cavani, how many points have they won because of him at least six I think.
So we need a CB, getting one would allow us to move players back to the mid field, would you hold your nose and get Ramos for the remainder of the season, he might fancy winning the CL with 2 different clubs,

teesred
20th January 2021, 11:31 PM
Let's start by having a performance and very,very much needed 3 points tomorrow night.

miller0863
20th January 2021, 11:34 PM
Aye tees.

Insidious
20th January 2021, 11:36 PM
Last year they brought that guy in on loan ( forget his name, old age ) forward i think

You mean Ighalo?

Think he is still on their books actually, though his spell ends this month I believe.

Nineteenx
21st January 2021, 04:41 PM
Genuine question about that UAE FC goal

If that's the rule, why have officials been consistently flagging players offside returning from such a position all season after the defender's had a touch?

It's happened numerous times in all our games when an opposition player has been and when Mane r Mo have beenand have gone to challenge a player after they've taken a touch

Balinkay
21st January 2021, 04:56 PM
Hm... that is an interesting question, do you have a clip of something like that @19x?

Nineteenx
21st January 2021, 05:07 PM
Hm... that is an interesting question, do you have a clip of something like that @19x?

You need a clip? :eek: it's how officials have been doing it countless times in every single game i've watched, with every team, if the rule is as the FA claim then their officials haven't applied it over 200 times at least this season

Balinkay
21st January 2021, 05:55 PM
I know exactly what you mean, but I've always accepted that that's just how the rules are so have never paid any attention. It's easy to talk about injustice when we're not being concrete. For the sake of fairness, I'd like to have a concrete example I can compare with Rodri's to try to figure out what the difference is.

justme
21st January 2021, 06:04 PM
Ok so the goal was alright in the rules.UNTIL ITS NOT. Officials interpret the rules in many ways depending on the bias way they view it.

skyebo
21st January 2021, 06:27 PM
Ok so the goal was alright in the rules.UNTIL ITS NOT. Officials interpret the rules in many ways depending on the bias way they view it.

You never got consistencies when it was just down to the referees, why would anyone think it would be any different now. The idea of VAR was to settle arguments, but all it's doing is causing them.

justme
21st January 2021, 07:11 PM
Its when the inconsistencies favours one team 10 times more than another ,the issues arise. Its like that tosser clatternburg claimed refs were bias. Man-united use to win titles by 4/5 points.. how many trophies were they given due to bias?

Nineteenx
21st January 2021, 07:15 PM
Its when the inconsistencies favours one team 10 times more than another ,the issues arise. Its like that tosser clatternburg claimed refs were bias. Man-united use to win titles by 4/5 points.. how many trophies were they given due to bias?

At least 7 of their titles including 09

Nineteenx
21st January 2021, 07:22 PM
My point about the UAE FC goal wasn't about us, it has been every single game, player coming back from an offside position, defender's taken a touch, player goes to challenge him, the flag's immediately gone up every single time in every instance bar that one

They've consistently stopped us countering when players have been offside, we have won the ball and we're quickly moving forward, blowing really late long after our players had their first touch

The Prem allege as soon as the defender's taken a touch the player is no longer offside

skyebo
21st January 2021, 07:41 PM
At least 7 of their titles including 09

How do you know any of our titles weren't given to us by dodgy refereeing decisions in the 80s. People were probably saying then, what you are now. The fact is, we were much better than most teams in the 80s, just like United were in the 90s and beyond.

teesred
21st January 2021, 07:41 PM
Theres a very simple way you solve it. If a player is beyond the last defender he is offside. Thats how it should be. This "interfering with play" or not is a load of bollocks that should have nipped in the bud the minute it started all them years ago. There really shouldn't be any grey area. Its black and white.
Its ridiculous.
Like Shankly said, a simple game made complicated by idiots.

LEGS
21st January 2021, 07:42 PM
Genuine question about that UAE FC goal

If that's the rule, why have officials been consistently flagging players offside returning from such a position all season after the defender's had a touch?

It's happened numerous times in all our games when an opposition player has been and when Mane r Mo have beenand have gone to challenge a player after they've taken a touch

I think that is because the attacker has chased or got the ball before the defender has touched it, there he is offside.

Silva didnt go for the ball before Mings touched it (its a bollox rule as we all know)

Go back to the old days if you are offside you are offside end of.

jr81
21st January 2021, 07:57 PM
I think that is because the attacker has chased or got the ball before the defender has touched it, there he is offside.

Silva didnt go for the ball before Mings touched it (its a bollox rule as we all know)

Its a Crap rule. It really is a disadvantage to the defenders.

We got done by it against spurs (3 years ago?)
Kane was miles offside but Lovren tried to intercept the pass to him made a mess of it and directed the ball to Kane. He became active and onside. Ended up getting a penalty.

Nineteenx
21st January 2021, 08:33 PM

No no no, Mane's and Mo have tried to challenge and rob defenders loads of times when coming back from an offside position after the defender's had a touch and the flag has always gone up immediately

On the flip side, how many times in games has a player been in an offside position, we've won the ball in front of them, are quickly looking to move forward and then the fucking flag goes up and the ref halts us?

According to the Premier League, as soon as the defender had touched the ball, the player is no longer offside, so why in our games when our defender's had a touch, are our quick counters constantly halted and the game brought back for their player being offside?

LEGS
21st January 2021, 08:55 PM
No no no, Mane's and Mo have tried to challenge and rob defenders loads of times when coming back from an offside position after the defender's had a touch and the flag has always gone up immediately

On the flip side, how many times in games has a player been in an offside position, we've won the ball in front of them, are quickly looking to move forward and then the fucking flag goes up and the ref halts us?

According to the Premier League, as soon as the defender had touched the ball, the player is no longer offside, so why in our games when our defender's had a touch, are our quick counters constantly halted and the game brought back for their player being offside?

Mo and Mane play for us so thats in the rules 🤣

Remember slabhead grabbing Mo and then falling down....guess who got the foul ?!

redebreck
22nd January 2021, 10:57 PM
Another rule interpretation that boils my piss is the amount of time it takes for the flag to go up when an attacker is clearly offside. Players are going to get seriously injured because of this.

justme
23rd January 2021, 12:37 AM
What annoys me more is the fact some linesmen dont even call offside for the first play.. and it leads to issues in the second play. It happened a couple of times last evening against us.