PDA

View Full Version : Big Div

Kev0909
22nd January 2021, 11:16 AM
It's a funny one, I know he should of done better with the chance he had the other day, but at least he had that chance not often have we seen a striker burst through (ok was a big mistake by mee but still) and get a 1v1

I didn't want him to come off, afterwards it looked even less likely we'd score

At least the lad got shots off and tested the goalkeeper even if it was straight at him, when firmino came on it got worse!!!!!!

I don't think he played any worse- if only he scored that chance!!!

Only blessing is jota is getting ever closer right?

Do we have any promising young kids around?? upfront?

Nineteenx
22nd January 2021, 12:12 PM
Should have been moved on the summer after our Champions League win, should have also played Mane in for a tap in

Kev0909
22nd January 2021, 12:14 PM
Should have been moved on the summer after our Champions League win, should have also played Mane in for a tap in

When i see shit like this it annoys me

Milik gone on loan to marsille with a 7.1m option to buy

He's got a decent goalscoring record, not saying he's the best player ever but he'd be a better option to Origi

there is players out there for a decent price, that could improve squad with the current climate

Nineteenx
22nd January 2021, 12:19 PM
Last match thread you slated Bobby for not playing in Robbo and taking the shot on and not scoring, why's it different when Origi does it when he could have given Mane an open goal?

Kev0909
22nd January 2021, 12:22 PM
Last match thread you slated Bobby for not playing in Robbo and taking the shot on and not scoring, why's it different when Origi does it when he could have given Mane an open goal?

can't recall that to be honest, robertson is even worse at finishing than firmino lol

wasn't mane in a offside position anyway?? 1v1 v the goalie you have to try and score tbh he is a striker after all

isn't that firminos main job too in the role he plays?? doesn't do it often enough at the moment I shall try and find this post!

Nope can't find it wans't me, making up shite as usual I didn't post in that thread for a good while until I couldn't resist anymore.

Only thing I said was being annoyed at origi being took off (the only actual goalthreat or player that looked like scoring in any shape on form)

Then firmino comes on ,your 2nd loverboy to do what? Nothing.... oh yeah he had that half chance he hit like a girl!

Just came on to say
ROFL
goodbye
Oh p.s so glad firmino came on for origi

LOL

at 9.39pm to be exact kick off was at 8 so roughly 80-85th min

Try again, facts are the facts

Balinkay
22nd January 2021, 12:57 PM

This. And no, Mane was not offside iirc.

Kev0909
22nd January 2021, 01:01 PM

My bad watched it again

As a striker 1v1 you're going to try and score 99% of strikers would the way mane is playing you don't know even if he'd do any better!!

I'm not defending him he's shite but at least he had chances did more than firmino did, same when he came on v utd

Milik 7m is a steal, and so much better than origi...

Also how fabinho got beat and allison had to come out is the reason why he's not the long term answer to CB simple header over him to barnes...

jr81
22nd January 2021, 01:01 PM

He was in 1 on 1. No striker passes in that situation. He should have scored.

Ideally he does play him in but every striker would take that on. Could he have went in closer? Brought it around keeper?
Either way he missed when he really should be scoring

LEGS
22nd January 2021, 01:04 PM
I think Origi did well last night it was his best game for a long long time.

He has to play down the middle none of this wide left stuff he doesn’t have the skill for that role.

I’d start him at Old Trafford giving someone 60 mins then saying that’s enough isn’t fair he needs a run of games to see what he can do.

Long term he isn’t good enough I know that but at this moment he is worth another start in the cup.

TheDOC1979
22nd January 2021, 01:56 PM

Origi want to prove himself. He hasn’t been given the opportunity.

I agree with Kev, he shouldn’t have come off for an out of form Firmino.

Origi has strength and speed and isn’t afraid to take a defender on or go for a shot. The majority of his shots yesterday made it through their defence. The rest were shooting at the Burnley players.

I’m a Wijnaldum basher as I’ll never like him. I’ll bash anyone who’s is playing atrocious in a game we need to win and not lose, but origi bashing based on how well he played yesterday is out of order in my opinion. It’s easy to have a go at him as he’s not an “untouchable”

Steveo
22nd January 2021, 02:38 PM
Here here.. The lad has been treated like shite..!

Kev0909
22nd January 2021, 02:58 PM
we have 1.1% conversion rate since christmas

with origi I think this could be at least 3%

skyebo
22nd January 2021, 03:12 PM
I thought he had a decent game last night. Its laughable that they use the word " Rested" now when someone doesn't start a game. In my day the word use was "Dropped".

Insidious
22nd January 2021, 03:38 PM
Origi was grand.

A couple of inches away from a perfect finish - giggity.

At least he was in the position to score. With luck he gets some chances over the next few months, scores a couple of important ones, attracts the interest of a buying club and we can use the money for a better fit for us while he finds a better fit for him.

The finish was so frustrating - but he got himself in the position to have an incredible chance, which hasn't been something we have seen much of in these last few games, besides maybe Mane being denied by the clock against United.

redebreck
23rd January 2021, 05:49 AM
Origi want to prove himself. He hasn’t been given the opportunity.

I agree with Kev, he shouldn’t have come off for an out of form Firmino.

Origi has strength and speed and isn’t afraid to take a defender on or go for a shot. The majority of his shots yesterday made it through their defence. The rest were shooting at the Burnley players.

I’m a Wijnaldum basher as I’ll never like him. I’ll bash anyone who’s is playing atrocious in a game we need to win and not lose, but origi bashing based on how well he played yesterday is out of order in my opinion. It’s easy to have a go at him as he’s not an “untouchable”

Origi's "problem" is that he is rarely given a run of games.

Nineteenx
23rd January 2021, 07:53 AM
Should have presented Mane with an open goal to roll it into, he was entitled to shoot, but when certain other players are and could have given a team mate a tap in and don't score they get absolutely slated for it

Balinkay
23rd January 2021, 10:27 AM
Yup. I never get the "he's entitled to shoot" argument. Football is about numbers. The chance of you scoring that one on one is probably lower than the chance you can pass it into the path of you onrushing teammate and he can tap it in from ten yards out.

Playing the numbers well => usually winning.

jr81
23rd January 2021, 11:20 AM
Yup. I never get the "he's entitled to shoot" argument. Football is about numbers. The chance of you scoring that one on one is probably lower than the chance you can pass it into the path of you onrushing teammate and he can tap it in from ten yards out.

Playing the numbers well => usually winning.

Your right in what your saying. But how many strikers would actually pass in that situation. Very few, if any.

Strikers are greedy and will always take the shot on.
Look at mó, how many times have we said, he should passed instead of shooting?
Our problem is with the run we are in, play the percentages, as u say. Make the pass mane he taps it in, we more than likely go onto win.

But as a striker I would expect any striker to take that chance on 9 out 10 times.

Steveo
23rd January 2021, 11:29 AM
Any striker would take that shot on UNLESS they:

1. Had already scored a hat trick

OR

2. Were continually being picked.

Asking Origi - who barely gets a sniff & who gets dropped even when he saves us OR plays a blinder - to be in full flight - goal at his mercy and stop - think....I know Mané might be better placed... will square it.. Is fanciful.

It was a bad miss - but just a whisker away from being perfect...the miss of a player DESPERATE to score... Snatching at chances... Origi has an excuse on that front.

Watch the game again - Salah came on and added impetus BUT Origi was our biggest threat... poor form to bring him off for a woefully out of sorts Bobby.

Kopp rarely ever makes a
Sub that early second half - he has favourites: he needs to be careful.

teesred
23rd January 2021, 12:00 PM
The problem for him is if he doesn't perform almost immediately hes replaced and then bombed out for a while.
As if its a case of " well I gave you a chance,you've had it now" . Some of us, myself included have pissed in his attitude and workmate at times but it must be hard in that situation.
That chance he had when he hit the bar, I was fuming but looking back if he gets that chance say 5 times hes scoring 4 of them. Give those same 5 chances to Firmino and hes scoring 1 possibly 2 at best.
He did enough to earn another game but we know he won't get it and that's another issue we have. The golden boys never get dropped for long, Origi could score a hat trick and wouldnt start the next game.

LEGS
23rd January 2021, 12:02 PM
Totally agree Steveo if that is Vardy/Kane no chance they square it to a team mate.

Origi played well imo and should have stayed on unless he was knackered/injured which I dont think was the case.

He deserves to start tomorrow.

It puts all the rumours of us loaning him out to bed that serves no purpose to us at all.

teesred
23rd January 2021, 12:03 PM
Should have presented Mane with an open goal to roll it into, he was entitled to shoot, but when certain other players are and could have given a team mate a tap in and don't score they get absolutely slated for it

Would Salah or Mane play anyone else in there? Not a prayer.
Hes in a one on one. If he had passed it and we missed it he would be getting slated for not taking it on himself.

Balinkay
23rd January 2021, 12:06 PM
Your right in what your saying. But how many strikers would actually pass in that situation. Very few, if any.

Just the really good ones. And probably not always. Actually scratch that - very good professionals on millions a year should be doing this.

Any striker would take that shot on UNLESS they:

1. Had already scored a hat trick

OR

2. Were continually being picked.

Or 3., they're a very serious professional who realises that whether or not they're picked for the next game doesn't hang solely on them getting their name on the scoresheet and that the team's success is more important than their personal stats.

I can't stand all these excuses made for strikers all the time. "Oh, but they must be greedy, oh but they have to be hungry." And then people turn around and slate Neco Williams or Curtis Jones when they try to Maradona dribble past five players on the edge of the box (not that they shouldn't be slated for that, mind you). Attackers have it so easy in some regards.

Imagine if that had been the other way? Say Joe Gomez tries to slide tackle as the last man instead of holding his ground when the latter would have been a slighly better / less dangerous option and that cost us a goal? We'd all be slating him (and rightly so).

Balinkay
23rd January 2021, 12:09 PM
Would Salah or Mane play anyone else in there? Not a prayer.
Hes in a one on one. If he had passed it and we missed it he would be getting slated for not taking it on himself.

But now he should be getting slated for not passing it. And passing would have given us a better chance to score => the EV of slating is lower if he passes it.

teesred
But now he should be getting slated for not passing it. And passing would have given us a better chance to score => the EV of slating is lower if he passes it.

I don't think any striker is passing that chance up.

Balinkay
Totally agree Steveo if that is Vardy/Kane no chance they square it to a team mate.

Doesn't really mean they shouldn't pass it in that situation though...

Balinkay
23rd January 2021, 12:12 PM
I don't think any striker is passing that chance up.

No. There are those who would pass there. Agree it doesn't happen often, but from time to time it does take place.

And it should happen a lot more.

Kev0909
23rd January 2021, 12:15 PM
when was the last time mane scored?

What makes you think he'd do better?

probably would of hit it wide/over the bar!

Steveo
23rd January 2021, 12:18 PM
A Striker that passes that up is not a striker. It is that hunger and greed that drives the instinct to score.

As mentioned there are circumstances where even a Suarez would do it - but they are exceedingly rare.

It’s only being debated because he missed.. if he passed to Mané and Mané - who fluffs his lines often misses - you all slate Origi for passing the buck.

TheDOC1979
23rd January 2021, 12:19 PM
no one would be telling Salah to pass it. People need to get off his back. Out of all the front three, for the last month, he's the only one who's actually put in any real effort.

My issue is with Klopp and his treatment of some of the players. It happened with Shaqiri a few times. Great games, then gets dropped for Lallana. Minamino, bought as a "steal" probably not playing enough in his preferred position, and gets slated. Players don't go from great to shit over night. You take any the faith in them, their confidence drops. How do you prove it? By trying to score goals and thats what Origi was trying to do. Shameful treatment of him and other by the manager regardless

LEGS
23rd January 2021, 12:21 PM
Doesn't really mean they shouldn't pass it in that situation though...

You have to remember that decision happens in a split second as soon as he was away his mind wull be made up.

He might not have seen Mane either its ok watching a slowed down replay Origi didnt get that time.

The fact is this he didnt deserve to come off and he got 3-4 shots in ok they were straight at the keeper but he at least has a chance to score.

Maybe Origi is the way to go against bus parkers and Firmino the top sides ?

Steveo
23rd January 2021, 12:28 PM
@Bali - you are correct.

It SHOULD happen as statistically there is arguably more chance of scoring.

We are simply saying it almost never does happen - from an out and out striker. That is what makes them strikers. They are they to make it their business to bury that ball in the net. This is prime instinct we are talking about.

Balinkay
23rd January 2021, 12:40 PM
A Striker that passes that up is not a striker. It is that hunger and greed that drives the instinct to score.

As mentioned there are circumstances where even a Suarez would do it - but they are exceedingly rare.

It’s only being debated because he missed.. if he passed to Mané and Mané - who fluffs his lines often misses - you all slate Origi for passing the buck.

@Bali - you are correct.

It SHOULD happen as statistically there is arguably more chance of scoring.

We are simply saying it almost never does happen - from an out and out striker. That is what makes them strikers. They are they to make it their business to bury that ball in the net. This is prime instinct we are talking about.

I understand, Steveo, and I agree - it does happen quite rarely. I just don't understand why people continuously make excuses for strikers like this. It's not a primal instinct - we probably weren't kicking mammoth balls around 400 000 years ago wearing sabre tooth cat pelts of different colours to differentiate teams. :D It's poor coaching a a lack of brainpower on their behalf. Kids should be taught from a young age scoring the goal is all that matters - not who does it or how. They all count.

A wrong decisions it still was for me - just like it would be in the defensive example I gave. It's his "instinct" to go to ground but it's a stupid "instinct" and he should get slated for doing it. He should have been coached away from doing it in his youth and he should have worked on it as an adult.

no one would be telling Salah to pass it. People need to get off his back.

It's only 19x and me who have an issue with him not passing it it seems. And even for us it doesn't seem like a huge one (well for me it isn't anyway). And yes, quite likely both of us would be irked had Salah done the same thing, as we have been in the past on here.

You have to remember that decision happens in a split second as soon as he was away his mind wull be made up.

He might not have seen Mane either its ok watching a slowed down replay Origi didnt get that time.

The fact is this he didnt deserve to come off and he got 3-4 shots in ok they were straight at the keeper but he at least has a chance to score.

Maybe Origi is the way to go against bus parkers and Firmino the top sides ?

Yeah, this is all true. But like I said - all of that applies to a defender giving away a peno. And yet we barely ever hear anyone step up to plead the player's case anywhere nearly as vehemently as Div's being defended now from two posters who've taken an issue with a clearly wrong decisions he's made.

Edit: And no, I wouldn't slate Origi for passing it if Mane misses. Just like I didn't slate Markovic for passing it to Sterling when Arsenal beat us 4-1 about five years ago.

Balinkay
23rd January 2021, 12:45 PM
Anyway - I don't have a huge issue with him shooting there. It happens - as you lot say, he's a striker. Strikers shoot. Not perfect, probably a bit worse in terms of EV in comparison to passing it, but it's not a gigantic howler.

But it is an error that might have cost us a point or three.

CCTV
23rd January 2021, 01:48 PM
Didn't see the game the other night but a few stats stuck out re origi who played 60 mins versus the 150 mins of the front 3.

Origi attempted more tackles 2, completed a tackle, made an interception, won 1 of 2 headers and had 2 shots on target in his 60 mins

Whereas the front 3 over 150 mins attemepted 0 tackles, made 0 interceptions, had no aerial duels and had 1 shot on target from double the shots.
Mane had 9 key passes and 4 dribbles which is high tbf.

Unusual game stats wise where Origi outperformed the front 3 on some basic metrics

Balinkay
23rd January 2021, 01:58 PM
He was good CC. Looked really hungry for a goal and but for an inch or two he would have had it.

jozza800
23rd January 2021, 06:41 PM

Are you on the wind up? 😳

Balinkay
23rd January 2021, 08:50 PM
Are you on the wind up? ��

I don't think he is.

And I also agree with him (more or less). :D

Insidious
23rd January 2021, 09:52 PM
Are you on the wind up? 😳

The lad had just scored twice in the semi-final then put it to bed in the Final and wasn't consistently a member of the front three.

Would have been at his highest value and thus, with hindsight, we can say it was a good time to cash in and re-invest.

But at the time, with the well-deserved love-in for him and it being easy to picture him as a super-sub in future European campaigns, how many of us could have/would have?

skyebo
23rd January 2021, 10:02 PM
The lad had just scored twice in the semi-final then put it to bed in the Final and wasn't consistently a member of the front three.

Would have been at his highest value and thus, with hindsight, we can say it was a good time to cash in and re-invest.

But at the time, with the well-deserved love-in for him and it being easy to picture him as a super-sub in future European campaigns, how many of us could have/would have?

Someone put a thread up, or a poll about him, i think it was in the summer of 2019 after the CL triumph. More were in favour of keeping than selling. I think it would be a different result now.

LEGS
24th January 2021, 12:00 AM
I would 100% have kept him.

Now is different he has hardly played/scored last two years we've outgrown him.

I guess he has 5 months to save his LFC career i'll never dislike him how can you ?!

TheDOC1979
24th January 2021, 01:41 AM

Why would you cash in? Surely deserve a spot in the starting 11 based on that?

Sorry, but Klopp didn’t give him, Shaq (when injury free) or Minamino a chance to “prove themselves” properly.

Insidious
24th January 2021, 02:01 AM
Why would you cash in? Surely deserve a spot in the starting 11 based on that?

Oh he definitely did.

Artisan
24th January 2021, 09:26 AM
I'd start Origi against Utd today...Im still saying the ball bobbled just as he kicked it and whose to say if he'd passed that Mane would hit the empty net, on his form i'm as concerned about Mane as i am Bobbies.

Balinkay
24th January 2021, 10:49 AM
Am I missing something? Mane's not really all that out of form, is he?

Insidious
24th January 2021, 10:52 AM

I think he is playing perfectly fine overall, but the goal-scoring output (which forwards always get measured by) isn't there at the moment.

teesred
24th January 2021, 12:03 PM
I dont think he's playing at the level he was before his goal drought. Doesnt have as much space due to every team sitting deep and just doesn't look as sharp to me.

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 12:15 PM

2 goals in 14 games one of them being against palace when we scored 7

what do you think?

that's the problem at the moment everyone is trying to beat bobby's goalscoring record

Steveo
24th January 2021, 12:21 PM
We have only won 6 games out of 16 since the Arsenal win - including that 7:2 hammering at Villa - which Sadio missed.

Things were not right before Virgil went down at Everton. Seems nobody is really on from to be fair.

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 12:33 PM
We have only won 6 games out of 16 since the Arsenal win - including that 7:2 hammering at Villa - which Sadio missed.

Things were not right before Virgil went down at Everton. Seems nobody is really on from to be fair.

I've never seen anything like this WHOLE team off-form?? not scored in 4 league games forgot how long ago since last time that happened but a very long time ago

Something stinks

the form we're in, is even worse than the Hodgson days, well maybe if it carry's on at least, I can't remember us being this bad for a long time it's like we've turned into shef utd ffs and getting beat by the likes of burnley!!!!! and draws to really really bad teams who everyone else is beating

Steveo
24th January 2021, 12:35 PM
I've never seen anything like this WHOLE team off-form?? not scored in 4 league games forgot how long ago since last time that happened but a very long time ago

Something stinks

I don’t think anything stinks tbh. It’s just as I suggested. The team was absolutely focussed on winning the title. Believes they had to be perfect from Summer 2019 to do so. They were up until they had all but won it.

Then the crash.

12 games won out of the 27 league games played since Watford last season.

It is clear that we hit a wall - mentally and physically.

Constantly picking the same 11 whenever possible ( as 19 would have ) gives the side a continuity - it galvanises - builds an understanding and a camaraderie few can match - but depends on 2 vital things.

1.No injuries

2. Players that are like machines with replaceable parts!

Both are impossible. In the real world - you can do it for a time and the. There is a breakdown.

miller0863
24th January 2021, 12:37 PM
After the efforts of 3 consecutive European Finals and 97 league points followed by 99 the players are mentally burnt out. We brought in two excellent additions to freshen things up, in Thiago and Jota but they and many other key members of the squad have missed most of the season.

Finish top 4 and go as deep into Europe as possible, that’s as much as we can hope for this season.

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 12:37 PM
I don’t think anything stinks tbh. It’s just as I suggested. The team was absolutely focussed on winning the title. Believes they had to be perfect from Summer 2019 to do so. They were up until they had all but won it.

Then the crash.

12 games won out of the 27 league games played since Watford last season.

It is clear that we hit a wall - mentally and physically.

Why don't other teams have the same problem?

why did utd dominate?

man city have always been in the top 2 lately pretty much too.

we even had a long break due to covid ffs

can't remember last time we played "heavy metal football" either it's actually rather boring

ianlfc
24th January 2021, 12:49 PM
After the efforts of 3 consecutive European Finals and 97 league points followed by 99 the players are mentally burnt out. We brought in two excellent additions to freshen things up, in Thiago and Jota but they and many other key members of the squad have missed most of the season.

Finish top 4 and go as deep into Europe as possible, that’s as much as we can hope for this season.

And go again next season, all guns blazing.

ianlfc
24th January 2021, 12:51 PM

why did utd dominate?

can't remember last time we played "heavy metal football" either it's actually rather boring

We've finally hit the wall. After 2 seasons of hammering it it was bound to happen.
We know how good this team can be that's why we should worry to much. Though it's hard to watch.

jozza800
24th January 2021, 12:59 PM

I was questioning the fact that 19 suggests Div should have passed in a one on one situation.

I like Origi. He's different from the other forwards we have. He's been criminally underused this season.

Balinkay
24th January 2021, 01:06 PM
2 goals in 14 games one of them being against palace when we scored 7

what do you think?

that's the problem at the moment everyone is trying to beat bobby's goalscoring record

Yeah, he's not scoring, but his overall play seems fine to me.

ianlfc
24th January 2021, 01:09 PM
Yeah, he's not scoring, but his overall play seems fine to me.

yeah, he's one of the few who at least looks to be trying.

Balinkay
24th January 2021, 01:12 PM

They do.

why did utd dominate?

Because they had a great manager, half the FA / PL in their pockets, more money and draw than anyone bar Chelsea and a deep squad. Not to mention a ridiculously talented class of '92.

Going backwords they've been second, first, first, third , fourth, second. It's not exactly always. I see your point, but bear in mind they have infinite money and good lawyers, not to mention a deeper squad than us (as a result of said infinite money). Besides, Guardiola is probably at least as much of a draw as Klopp.

But so did everyone else. And it wasn't exactly a break. It was a disruption of rhythm during which the boys had to keep fit as they didn't know when BoJo would proclaim it's safe to play again. Our players' fitness levels are planned for the whole season before the preseason even begins. It's thrown all of that out of whack. Not just for us.

We've not been playing Heavy Metal football since the final in Kiev.

Nothing stinks, Kev. These things happen. Look at Barcelona and Real. A combination of fatigue, mental exhaustion, annoying injuries and the natural life cycle of a group of players.

CCTV
24th January 2021, 01:19 PM

why did utd dominate?

Our quick transitions through midfield have been rare for a while.
The if football was meant to be played whatever... grass in the sky saying, dithered away a litte

Steveo
24th January 2021, 01:59 PM

why did utd dominate?

Teams that dominate continually add. Season on season. In fact the more they win the more they add IF they want to stay ahead.

United built up huge squads under Fergie - capable of sustaining a title challenge - FA cup runs AND remain competitive in the CL. Ditto Barca and Real.

But it wasn’t just United - or any of the elite in Europe... when we last dominated - we would add quality every summer - you have to do that - you stand still and it bites you... summer 2019... Fail

Steveo
24th January 2021, 02:05 PM
yeah, he's one of the few who at least looks to be trying.

The term is labouring. :D

Fact is he has become a sacred cow. He has been miles off it for well over a year. But he is Bobby - we all love him ( well almost all ) he has that song and Klopp is in love with him.

As I have said - he only needs to have one great moment - or one good game - and 4/5 off our fan base and the manager will be creaming over him. Saying See Bobby is the main man etc.

He has built up reserves of support for all the great work - BUT play as he has for just 4 games for Paisley or Fergie... and you are dropped... and someone else gets his chance.

teesred
24th January 2021, 02:19 PM
Divock backwards is Kcovid.

Balinkay
24th January 2021, 02:27 PM
The term is labouring. :D

Fact is he has become a sacred cow. He has been miles off it for well over a year. But he is Bobby - we all love him ( well almost all ) he has that song and Klopp is in love with him.

As I have said - he only needs to have one great moment - or one good game - and 4/5 off our fan base and the manager will be creaming over him. Saying See Bobby is the main man etc.

He has built up reserves of support for all the great work - BUT play as he has for just 4 games for Paisley or Fergie... and you are dropped... and someone else gets his chance.

I think he meant Mane Steveo.

Steveo
24th January 2021, 03:11 PM
I think he meant Mane Steveo.

Oops - another senior moment.

Insidious
15th September 2021, 10:49 PM
Good performance that, hopefully just cramp and nothing serious.

Actually thought he was better than Jota, which isn't me trying to berate Jota, merely trying to praise Divock.

The ideal thing to come next would be a goal (perhaps against Norwich in the Cup?) and if Taki Minamino could find his way into the side, have a good performance and get a goal as well then that would really lift the confidence a bit in the attacking depth - a long season.

Great that he could contribute something to what will hopefully be a long Champion's League run.

CCTV
16th September 2021, 12:02 AM
Good performance that, hopefully just cramp and nothing serious.

Actually thought he was better than Jota, which isn't me trying to berate Jota, merely trying to praise Divock.

The ideal thing to come next would be a goal (perhaps against Norwich in the Cup?) and if Taki Minamino could find his way into the side, have a good performance and get a goal as well then that would really lift the confidence a bit in the attacking depth - a long season.

Great that he could contribute something to what will hopefully be a long Champion's League run.

Nice to see div through the middle. Had a few good moments throughout the game imo. Won a few tackles and headers too.

Thought Jotas game improved when div went off and jota was playing centrally with Mane. Not jotas best game by any stretch but he did work well off the ball imo.