PDA

View Full Version : Your team v Tottenham

Insidious
24th January 2021, 07:51 PM
Back to the business of the League. Win as many games as we can, see where it takes us. Glad we got goals against United.

.........................Alisson

Trent.....Matip.....Fabinho..Robertson

.......................Wijnaldum

................Thiago.......Shaqiri

...Salah...........Firmino..........Mane

This is assuming that Henderson is still injured. If not, he can take Wijnaldum's place.

Just want to try and get goals, see what occurs.

justme
24th January 2021, 07:54 PM
Lets hope we win?? lets hear the west ham 11 now as well. to save on time

RedNoodle
24th January 2021, 08:00 PM
Whatever our lineup is I can see us losing.

jozza800
24th January 2021, 08:03 PM

That's the spirit...

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 08:04 PM

Why?

If anything i'm a bit more positive after that game tonight

if it wasn't for Williams we'd of won

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 08:08 PM
Bobby's scored our winners in our last 2 meeting with Spurs, hopefully Captain fantastic is available to play in midfield as we're never anything close to being our best organised or in our press and counter press when he's not in it and Matip's fit to play at CB as we'd have won today's game comfortably had he played.

Quick note of Fab, he has been absolutely superb at the back so far, but these last 2 or 3 games he has started to get involved in needless silly things and trying to give opposition players sly whacks, he needs to cut that shit out and just concentrate on doing the fabulous defending he has been doing, because he's been brilliant

Alisson

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

miller0863
24th January 2021, 08:12 PM
Think we’ll get at least a point and probably all 3. We would have won today had Matip been available, never mind Henderson who I believe will also play v Spurs

RedNoodle
24th January 2021, 08:17 PM
That's the spirit...

As I've mentioned before, I deal in facts/reality, not what I'd like/hope will occur. That may make me a miserable sod, but it also means it's less of a shock when the **** hits the fan(s), as it inevitably always does.

RedNoodle
24th January 2021, 08:20 PM
Why?

Because we are currently being done over in every way possible, be it self inflicted, the opposition playing above themselves, the officials screwing us over etc. With that being the case I can only see us coming unstuck in one way or another at the moment, especially when it comes to teams that are defensively solid and/or are good on the counter.

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 08:32 PM
Think we’ll get at least a point and probably all 3. We would have won today had Matip been available, never mind Henderson who I believe will also play v Spurs

Agreed, Bobby love playing against Spurs too, 2 fantastic winners in our last 2 meetings with them

miller0863
24th January 2021, 08:34 PM
I can take not winning the league back to back, not many do but we really cannot afford to drop out of the top 4, so must not lose against our top 4 rivals.

RedNoodle
24th January 2021, 08:38 PM
I can take not winning the league back to back, not many do but we really cannot afford to drop out of the top 4, so must not lose against our top 4 rivals.

There are more 'smaller' sides in the league than teams we see as our 'rivals'. The reason we are where we are is because we have been dropping points against teams we should be regularly beating. There's little point in beating our 'rivals' if we then draw/lose a load of games to relegation candidates.

ianlfc
24th January 2021, 08:42 PM
we'll see a better performance against Spurs than we've seen since Palace. With Matip and Henderson back and Mo back in the goals things will be looking up again.

RedNoodle
24th January 2021, 08:50 PM
we'll see a better performance against Spurs than we've seen since Palace. With Matip and Henderson back and Mo back in the goals things will be looking up again.

I won't be putting any money on any of those things coming to pass.

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 08:52 PM

Agree Ian ,despite the usual slating of our players by the usual suspects we were actually pretty good today, yes ultimately the makshift nature of our CB pairing, midfiled and forward line cost us, but there were good things and improvements in some things, getting back to scoring and creating 3 nailed on chances only 2 of were taken, and the filthy actually created fuck all despite being at full strength bar their keeper, the makeshift nature of the areas I mentioned gifted them all 3 goals, they didn't actually create anything outside of our errors apart from the last chance for Cavani, who did fuck all other than that and ultimately missed an absolute sitter, but had a better game than Bobby did for us apparently, imagine those same usual suspects if Bobby had a chance like that and had missed

skyebo
24th January 2021, 09:01 PM
Why?

Alisson was beaten twice at his near post. Take those two out of the equation and Williams doesn't get a mention, we win it 2-1.

Kev0909
24th January 2021, 09:09 PM
Alisson was beaten twice at his near post. Take those two out of the equation and Williams doesn't get a mention, we win it 2-1.

if he could actually defend, Allison wouldn't of been beaten twice at his near post

skyebo
24th January 2021, 09:12 PM
if he could actually defend, Allison wouldn't of been beaten twice at his near post

If Thiago would have tackled his man instead of fresh air, Williams wouldn't have been involved at all.

Steveo
24th January 2021, 09:18 PM
If if if...

If only Bobby and Hendo had played in our last 7 games we might of won them all and not just that one at Villa Park after Hendo was hauled off.. :D

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 09:23 PM
If if if...

If only Bobby and Hendo had played in our last 7 games we might of won them all and not just that one at Villa Park after Hendo was hauled off.. :D

Rested I think you'll find, pre arranged rested, he plays a half, Gini plays a half, as I recall, Hendo didn't play in our first game at Villa park this season, Virgil, Gomez, Robbo, Trent, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Jota, Bobby and Mo all did, but apparently, Captain fantastic has only won anything because he's desperately lucky to be playing with those lads, not the first time they've got done in his absence either, they couldn't even hold on for the remained of extra time v Atletico when we were leading when he left the pitch second leg

miller0863
24th January 2021, 09:28 PM
If Skyebo knew what a near post was his post might make more sense.

skyebo
24th January 2021, 09:36 PM
If Skyebo knew what a near post was his post might make more sense.

I'm well aware of what a near post looks like smart arse.

miller0863
24th January 2021, 09:39 PM
Bit chippy. You could just admit your mistake and laugh it off. Don’t take yourself so seriously

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 09:47 PM
Bit chippy. You could just admit your mistake and laugh it off. Don’t take yourself so seriously

:D :D He most certainly could not

justme
24th January 2021, 09:50 PM
I think we should go ultra defensive... Have a front 3 of. Origi/Salah and Mane.. And then play them deeper and play counter attacking. we are to open right now between the midfield and back line..Just drop off into our own half and press from there..

Steveo
24th January 2021, 09:51 PM
Rested I think you'll find, pre arranged rested, he plays a half, Gini plays a half, as I recall, Hendo didn't play in our first game at Villa park this season, Virgil, Gomez, Robbo, Trent, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Jota, Bobby and Mo all did, but apparently, Captain fantastic has only won anything because he's desperately lucky to be playing with those lads, not the first time they've got done in his absence either, they couldn't even hold on for the remained of extra time v Atletico when we were leading when he left the pitch second leg

Moved to help you a little :D

Are you conveniently mixing up Villa games mate??

Talking about the game in the round before this. Our only win in the last 7.

He was hauled off for Thiago after being by far the worst player on the pitch.

Rated at a 4 even by those brown nosers over at TiA

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/01/aston-villa-1-4-liverpool-player-ratings/

Jordan Henderon – Rating: 4

“Henderson was one of many surprise starters, looking to improve upon on a few sloppy recent performances.

The skipper was poor in the first half, however, forcing things far too often and either losing possession or over-hitting crosses.

Replaced by Thiago after the break after looking like a player out of form.”

Now this isn’t to say we don’t miss him because we do - and anyone can have a bad game BUT he hasn’t been all that of late either 19 - and your continued blinked vision doesn’t make that any less so.

skyebo
24th January 2021, 09:52 PM
I think we should go ultra defensive... Have a front 3 of. Origi/Salah and Mane.. And then play them deeper and play counter attacking. we are to open right now between the midfield and back line..Just drop off into our own half and press from there..

Klopp doesn't do defensive. He will stick to what has served him well, and hope a change of luck is round the corner.

justme
24th January 2021, 09:54 PM
Klopp doesn't do defensive. He will stick to what has served him well, and hope a change of luck is round the corner.

Even if we continue to be wide open? Anyway think we are likely to get more joy playing counter attacking. Teams will have to push further on..Saves us having to break down low blocks.

justme
24th January 2021, 09:55 PM
Anyway its not a matter of change of luck. We havent been unlucky of late. we have been desperate

LEGS
24th January 2021, 09:56 PM
I think we might be better going 2017-2018 gung ho style !

We arent being outplayed in many games we are weak without Matip.

We are moving the ball slower I dont know why..confidence ? Different style ? Games too close together with too many injuries ?

If someone said we will finish 4th id take that now and get ready for next season.

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 09:57 PM
I'm well aware of what a near post looks like smart arse.

It looks like a far post apparently ;)

Steveo
24th January 2021, 10:00 PM

We arent being outplayed in many games we are weak without Matip.

We are moving the ball slower I dont know why..confidence ? Different style ? Games too close together with too many injuries ?

If someone said we will finish 4th id take that now and get ready for next season.

We would probably all bite your hand off for 4th right now. Would be good to go all out manic 2016/17 style attack but we don’t have a Coutinho to magic up a goal or create the space. Would need Bobby and Mané to start finding the net more too.

Hopefully in a few weeks we can re asses and aim higher but confidence is shot. Let’s hope Jota is ok when he returns - been out a while now from a new team.

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 10:02 PM
We would probably all bite your hand off for 4th right now. Would be good to go all out manic attack but we don’t have a Coutinho to magic up a goal or create the space.

Hopefully in a few weeks we can re asses and aim higher but confidence is shot.

I don't think it is, only in the minds of those who want to bash our players, some of our best players at that, at every opportunity and are oh so very quick to turn from believers to doubters at the first sign of rocky waters, and were they to have a tattoo of support or belief would need to have the Oxford dictionary definition of it as part of it to remind them what it meant

Steveo
24th January 2021, 10:19 PM
Ooh you are on it tonight. I had better watch out.

Are you actually replying to what I am saying or is it just a general rant?

Calm down dear..

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 10:37 PM
Anyway, an away game v Tottenham is 3 points nailed on for our lads if they play with the required focus, intensity, resilience and belief and we have Hendo and Matip available and Hendo, Gini and Thiago in midfield and Mo, Mane and Bobby winner winner chicken dinner up top, so everyone will chill the fuck out a bit after we bum them.

Ditching the fucking rhondas and having a session or 2 at getting back to playing the ball with the necessary and are once usual zip so the players' not closed down while he's waiting for it arrive on the deck or in the air might be a fine idea in the interim

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 10:38 PM
Ooh you are on it tonight. I had better watch out.

Are you actually replying to what I am saying or is it just a general rant?

Calm down dear..

Did you enjoy my GOT Jon Snow reference? ;)

Insidious
24th January 2021, 10:39 PM

I like the idea in principle, but ironically enough I think we won't pursue that route for fear of more injuries.

Steveo
24th January 2021, 10:50 PM

Not really - never watched it - too much sex and violence for my liking.

Nineteenx
24th January 2021, 10:56 PM
Not really - never watched it - too much sex and violence for my liking.

Is that a "Too shocking even for channel 4' alternate Jon Snow reference?

Insidious
24th January 2021, 10:57 PM

They really blew it with Season 8.

"yEw R mah KweEn"

"aH dunt wont it"

"Ewe will ulweyz bee mah KweEn"

Steveo
24th January 2021, 11:40 PM
Is that a "Too shocking even for channel 4' alternate Jon Snow reference?

No seriously - I know it sounds bonkers to most - all my mates included, but just never liked it enough to watch - feel a bit like Stuart Lee does about it.

https://youtu.be/74bRnBo1c14

Insidious
24th January 2021, 11:46 PM
No seriously - I know it sounds bonkers to most - all my mates included, but just never liked it enough to watch - feel a bit like Stuart Lee does about it.

https://youtu.be/74bRnBo1c14

I felt the same way about it.

What finally got me to watch it was seeing some of the better dialogue scenes between certain characters, which, honestly, would be more than enough for you.

Have a peruse some bored Tuesday evening at scenes featuring -

Little finger/Petyr Baelish
Varys
Tywin Lannister
Tyrion Lannister
Olenna Tyrell

All you need really.

RedNoodle
25th January 2021, 12:03 AM
Stewart Lee is a massive ****.

reddownunder
25th January 2021, 12:10 AM
Alisson
Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson
Henderson Thiago Milner
Salah Firmino Mane

CCTV
25th January 2021, 01:30 AM
...............Alisson
Trent Matip Fabinho Robbo
....... Hendo Milner
Shaqiri Firmino Mane
.. Salah

Subs: Kelleher, Neco, Williams, Thiago, Gini, Jones, Ox, Origi, Minamino.

Balinkay
25th January 2021, 10:56 AM
I felt the same way about it.

What finally got me to watch it was seeing some of the better dialogue scenes between certain characters, which, honestly, would be more than enough for you.

Have a peruse some bored Tuesday evening at scenes featuring -

Little finger/Petyr Baelish
Varys
Tywin Lannister
Tyrion Lannister
Olenna Tyrell

All you need really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-I4O2UdTGQ&ab_channel=PateCressen

He really only needs to see this. ^ The first four seasons are great, five and six are decent but the last two are terrible.

Insidious
28th January 2021, 08:03 PM
No Fabinho will make this tougher.

Dig deep boys.

Kev0909
28th January 2021, 08:04 PM
No Fabinho will make this tougher.

Dig deep boys.

Thank god matip is back at least

miller0863
28th January 2021, 08:04 PM
I fuckin despair I really do

1Alisson

66Alexander-Arnold
32Matip
14Henderson
26Robertson

5Wijnaldum
6Thiago Alcántara
7Milner

11Salah
9Firmino
10Mané

Substitutes
15Oxlade-Chamberlain
17Jones
18Minamino
21Tsimikas
23Shaqiri
27Origi
46R Williams
47Phillips
62Kelleher

jr81
28th January 2021, 08:05 PM
Thank god matip is back at least

One midfielder for another in cb. Disaster of a season so far.

miller0863
It’s actually become a really bad joke. Every single player who plays CB for us gets injured.

skyebo
Another kick in the teeth for the young centre backs.

jr81
28th January 2021, 08:06 PM
Spurs defence doesn't look hot either in fairness.

Nineteenx
Team confirmed: Fab out

Alisson

Trent Matip Henderson Robertson

Thiago Wijnaldum Milner

Mane Firmino Salah

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come on Bobby winners in our last 2 v these, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, let's have the win and some goals here tonight

miller0863
Henderson at CB trying to stop Kane and Son.

Ffs

Kev0909
28th January 2021, 08:07 PM
Henderson at CB trying to stop Kane and Son.

Ffs

What else can we do play Williams?

blame FSG

miller0863
28th January 2021, 08:12 PM
I’m bemoaning the I’ll luck not the selection

LEGS
28th January 2021, 08:13 PM
What else can we do play Williams?

blame FSG

Or Phillips why give them a pro contract if you have no faith in them ?

CCTV
28th January 2021, 08:13 PM
Fabinho is far more robust and reliable than Matip.

Very worrying news

Balinkay
28th January 2021, 08:20 PM
Fucking hell... no Fabulous One.

ianlfc
28th January 2021, 08:26 PM
You honestly couldnt make it up.

CCTV
28th January 2021, 08:27 PM
Alisson
Hendo Matip Gini
Trent Milner Thiago Robbo
Salah Firmino Mane

Kev0909
28th January 2021, 08:28 PM
Make the thread noodies

or someone

RedNoodle
28th January 2021, 08:29 PM
A CM at CB, one actual CB who can't stay injury free for more than five minutes, and a RB who is completely out of form.

We also have a midfield consisting of a player who has a tendency to go AWOL when a game is not at Anfield, an aging midfielder whose time with us is coming to an end, and a player who is injury prone, has only played a few games for us, and who isn't known for his speed or defensive abilities.

Then you get to our front three who have in the main been as toothless as newborn baby as of late in the league.

What could possibly go wrong? Never mind though eh lads, next year we might do even better in the 'Net Spend Cup'.

RedNoodle
28th January 2021, 08:30 PM
Make the thread noodies

or someone

I'm on my way home from yet another rare trip outside my front door, which yet again has gone tits up. Hold your horses.

CCTV
28th January 2021, 08:37 PM
I'm on my way home from yet another rare trip outside my front door, which yet again has gone tits up. Hold your horses.

Who do you think you are ? JWH !@#$#!

Will one of ye hurry up and sign a centre back FFS

Kev0909
28th January 2021, 08:38 PM

Excuse me, stay at home !!!!

that's why 4 undercover cop cars came past my house

CCTV
28th January 2021, 08:41 PM
I start a your team thread- we draw v united

19 starts a thread we lose 3-2 to the mancs

Sid gets back on the your team thread and we lose a centre back, we better win tonight Sid ;)

miller0863
28th January 2021, 08:41 PM
Stay at home save the NHS bollox

Stay at home and Get The Match Thread Done !!

RedNoodle
28th January 2021, 08:46 PM
I should have stayed at home, and not because I might contract Covid, which to be honest would probably do me a big favour by finishing me off.

Miami Red
28th January 2021, 09:25 PM
Thiago goes to ground wayyyy too much....

Balinkay
28th January 2021, 11:01 PM
He does. Ain't brilliant at it either.