PDA

View Full Version : Your team v West Ham

Insidious
28th January 2021, 10:55 PM
Will assume Matip and Fabinho are injured - would of course play them otherwise.

.........................Alisson

Trent...Phillips.....Henderson...Robertson

.......................Wijnaldum

................Thiago.......Milner

...Salah...........Firmino..........Mane

Could also happily see Jones in the side as he is of decent physical stature, which will likely be needed against a physical Moyes side.

Hopefully we can score again - and score first. Would set us up!

Kev0909
28th January 2021, 10:57 PM
Hopefully tonight was the start of getting back to normal

we'll have to be on it v west ham, they'll give us more of a game than spurs no doubt

Nineteenx
28th January 2021, 11:01 PM
Alisson

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Kev0909
28th January 2021, 11:01 PM
If you think matip will be back in a matter of days 19x good luck to you pal

Insidious
28th January 2021, 11:26 PM
Hopefully tonight was the start of getting back to normal

we'll have to be on it v west ham, they'll give us more of a game than spurs no doubt

They will.

I'm hoping that Burnley, Man United and Tottenham will have been good prep for it though - all have physical players and all are capable of "sitting in" for an extended period.

If we did indeed manage to win again (not easy, far from impossible) it would really settle things down.

Just digging in and hanging as close as we can to whoever is in second until we get the likes of Jota back is key for me. Big step taken tonight.

miller0863
28th January 2021, 11:36 PM
All depends if Mikel Antonio plays, if not we win, comfortably. Much tougher game if he plays.

Balinkay
29th January 2021, 08:21 AM
That dude is insane. I fucking hate playing against him but he's hilariously good to watch against our rivals.

Nineteenx
29th January 2021, 10:07 PM
Alisson

Trent Phillips Henderson Robertson

Thiago Wijnaldum Milner

Salah Firmino Mane

Best we have right now, hopefully we can squeeze another hour out of old man Milner in this one

miller0863
29th January 2021, 10:12 PM
Not sure Milner will play again so soon. Think Jones may get a start, unless he thinks Millie can manage an hour but it wouldn’t be Klopp’s usual modus operandi to make a sub on 60.

Steveo
29th January 2021, 11:13 PM
Jesse Lingard: West Ham sign Man Utd midfielder on loan after Said Benrahma deal made permanent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55810784

Nineteenx
30th January 2021, 12:01 AM
Not sure Milner will play again so soon. Think Jones may get a start, unless he thinks Millie can manage an hour but it wouldn’t be Klopp’s usual modus operandi to make a sub on 60.

Even ifg he thinks he can get the first 45 out of him :D

Insidious
30th January 2021, 12:45 AM
Not sure Milner will play again so soon.

Perhaps not.

Saying that, I imagine his experience and determination would be something Klopp might want for the match against City, so perhaps Milner will get game time against West Ham, with a view to getting a break against Brighton (Jones can play?) and giving Klopp the choice of Milner against City, when he'll have had a full week to recover?

Hard one to call. Keita is due to be back for City apparently but I think dropping him straight in for that would be the height of madness, whereas he or Ox might get some minutes against Leicester.

Headaches all round!

dicko1969
30th January 2021, 04:26 AM
Alisson

TAA Gini Hendo Robbo

Oxlade Thiago Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Balinkay
30th January 2021, 10:00 AM
Jesse Lingard: West Ham sign Man Utd midfielder on loan after Said Benrahma deal made permanent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55810784

Didn't Everton use to buy all of United's washed-up losers? I thought West Ham were that for us. :cower: I feel betrayed.

ianlfc
30th January 2021, 10:36 AM
What's the latest with Fabinho ? Is there any chance of him being fit for the game or is he definitely out ?

Steveo
30th January 2021, 11:07 AM
Didn't Everton use to buy all of United's washed-up losers? I thought West Ham were that for us. :cower: I feel betrayed.

Probably just Gollum on the blower to a few of his ex staff at United.

He’ll probably score a brace against us now.

Steveo
30th January 2021, 11:11 AM
What's the latest with Fabinho ? Is there any chance of him being fit for the game or is he definitely out ?

Klopp

"Fabinho no chance for the weekend."

ianlfc
30th January 2021, 11:39 AM
Klopp

"Fabinho no chance for the weekend."

cheers mate. Hendo and Gini before long at the back.

Steveo
30th January 2021, 11:46 AM
It’s nuts - I would wager that Hendo got his strain playing out of position - this is Fabinho’s second strain in a few months playing there too.

Both key to our midfield but getting injured playing at CB.

In the voice of Benicio del Toro: WTF...

Kev0909
30th January 2021, 11:58 AM
Why not play phillips instead of 2 cms?

is the broken Greek back yet?

I mean at least nat played in the 2nd divsion german league and they got promoted via play off apparently

I'm not sure why he's still here tbh, what a waste of a career at 23 he really should have more experience, he's fucked his development

LEGS
30th January 2021, 12:06 PM
Why not play phillips instead of 2 cms?

is the broken Greek back yet?

I mean at least nat played in the 2nd divsion german league and they got promoted via play off apparently

I'm not sure why he's still here tbh, what a waste of a career at 23 he really should have more experience, he's fucked his development

Yeah he has been on bench last few weeks.

Kev0909
30th January 2021, 12:11 PM
Yeah he has been on bench last few weeks.

Not even noticed tbh

LEGS
30th January 2021, 12:35 PM
Not even noticed tbh

He had Covid and them Danes butchered him too knee injury.

I guess he might start against Brighton Robbo will need a break at some point.

miller0863
30th January 2021, 01:01 PM
If Lamptey is fit I wouldn’t be resting Robbo for Brighton

Kev0909
30th January 2021, 01:05 PM

think he does need a rest soon though, he's not been himself in my eyes, still not bad but his performance has dropped a bit

miller0863
Yep

LEGS

The problem is we wont leave him out of City Leicester or RB so this is best option.

Full back in our system is demanding he needs a break and this is the game.

justme
30th January 2021, 01:11 PM
Matips injury may not be as bad has they thought... Doesnt really matter does it? even when he comes back in 2/3 weeks. he will be gone again not long after

miller0863
30th January 2021, 01:12 PM
We’ll see Legs.

miller0863
31st January 2021, 04:32 PM
The more games we play the more players we lose. Mané injured Firmino rested and unfortunately Mikel Antonio starts.

1Alisson
66Alexander-Arnold
47Phillips
14Henderson
26Robertson

6Thiago Alcántara
5Wijnaldum
7Milner

23Shaqiri
27Origi
11Salah

Substitutes
9Firmino
13Adrián
15Oxlade-Chamberlain
17Jones
18Minamino
21Tsimikas
46R Williams
62Kelleher
76N Williams

miller0863
31st January 2021, 04:34 PM
Concerned for Milner starting again too.

Nineteenx
31st January 2021, 04:37 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

Trent Phillips Henderson Robertson

Thiago Wijnaldum Milner

Shaqiri Origi Salah

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking fuck on Liverpool, let's have some goals here today, a win and another vital 3 points, odd line up for me against a very good West Ham side, hopefully not Origi at LFWD, God no, there's Oxlade and Minamino on the bench both of whom have performed miles better at LFWD than Origi, despite his numerous opportunities to impress. Very odd leaving Bobby out for me too just when he appears to be coming to form

justme
31st January 2021, 04:39 PM
Any news on Mane?

and why does Nineteenx think Origi will be up the middle and salah on the left?oh yeah he knows everything

Insidious
31st January 2021, 04:40 PM
Concerned for Milner starting again too.

He'll play this one, not play Brighton, then play v City, one would think.

Steveo
31st January 2021, 04:42 PM
Jurgen sees them in training - but you would be feeling more confident looking at that lineup as a West Ham fan/player.

miller0863
31st January 2021, 04:43 PM
That will be the plan but only if fit of course and that is the concern with him starting again with so little recovery time.
Cannot understand resting another forward when one is already out injured.
Very strange.

Nineteenx
31st January 2021, 04:46 PM
Let's all hope Origi and Shaqiri have great games and deliver something for a change, in all truth I was absolutely astonished at the idea of playing them ahead of our best forwards and midfield players to try and arrest our recent mini slump, albeit 2 of those draws and the loss v Southampton were down to corrupt officiating, purely on the premise that they are 2 players who with a collective of 10-11 years at the club have delivered absolutely fuck all except for in about 6 games between them and have comprehensively failed to raise themselves to the level required

miller0863
31st January 2021, 04:47 PM
Yet another game playing full strength opposition while we have literally half a team out.
Got to start looking at our backroom staff. Our injuries are way out of proportion to all our rivals.

Nineteenx
31st January 2021, 04:48 PM
That will be the plan but only if fit of course and that is the concern with him starting again with so little recovery time.
Very strange.

I can't understand playing Origi and you imagine he's going to play on the left with Mo through the middle and he's been consistently absolutely shite when used there, last season Ox had to deputise for Mane there and scored 3 in 3, this season Minamino played there with Mo rested and scored and played really well, I baffles me when Steveo whines he hasn't had any chances, he's had loads of chances

CCTV
31st January 2021, 04:51 PM
The more games we play the more players we lose. Mané injured Firmino rested and unfortunately Mikel Antonio starts.

1Alisson
66Alexander-Arnold
47Phillips
14Henderson
26Robertson

6Thiago Alcántara
5Wijnaldum
7Milner

23Shaqiri
27Origi
11Salah

Substitutes
9Firmino
13Adrián
15Oxlade-Chamberlain
17Jones
18Minamino
21Tsimikas
46R Williams
62Kelleher
76N Williams

Very strange.

Given the team and bench, it looks like hes going for a solid start with some firepower on the bench. Not much in the way of defensive subs though as the 4 more likely subs are Jones, Oxo, Bobby and Mini.
Philips/Williams on and Hendo into midfield about the only option to steel our 11 from the bench!

faridtoxteth
31st January 2021, 04:53 PM
The backroom staff have a very nuanced detailed understanding of what is going on with players fitness levels game to game. it is disappointing that Bobby is not playing, after having a really good game midweek. But if he needs resting....he has played really a lot , not just recently but over a three year period.
I have no problem with Shaq being in, think he has looked lively in his recent appearances.
A bit more concerned about Origi. He doesn't exactly close down much. Hopefully I am jinxing him and he will score a brace.
Thought Curt Jones would have played instead of Milner.

Steveo
31st January 2021, 04:53 PM
I can't understand playing Origi and you imagine he's going to play on the left with Mo through the middle and he's been consistently absolutely shite when used there, last season Ox had to deputise for Mane there and scored 3 in 3, this season Minamino played there with Mo rested and scored and played really well, I baffles me when Steveo whines he hasn't had any chances, he's had loads of chances

Oh yes - all 72 minutes this season - ( February tomorrow ) spread across 6 games...! :D

Do keep em coming

We are probably all disappointed that we are t going with the usual suspects but Klopp has to use what he has.

Maybe he wants Origi to occupy the WH defence - tire them out with some direct runs....for Bobby to come on and profit. Who knows but you can’t tell me Origi has had loads of chances because it would be more bollox.

Nineteenx
31st January 2021, 04:56 PM
Given the team and bench, it looks like hes going for a solid start with some firepower on the bench. Not much in the way of defensive subs though as the 4 more likely subs are Jones, Oxo, Bobby and Mini.
Philips/Williams on and Hendo into midfield about the only option to steel our 11 from the bench!

It'll be Justme's favourite line up of the season if that's the case :D

Bobby doesn't tend to play well from the bench either, and he was the one linking play brilliantly in the last game, it was his best game in a long time, so I find that very VERY strange

justme
31st January 2021, 04:58 PM
It'll be Justme's favourite line up of the season if that's the case :D

Bobby doesn't tend to play well from the bench either, and he was the one linking play brilliantly in the last game, it was his best game in a long time, so I find that very VERY strange

At least i didnt play Salah on the left :D

Nineteenx
31st January 2021, 05:00 PM
Oh yes - all 72 minutes this season - ( February tomorrow ) spread across 6 games...! :D

Do keep em coming

We are probably all disappointed that we are t going with the usual suspects but Klopp has to use what he has.

Maybe he wants Origi to occupy WH defe we and tire them out for Bobby to come on and profit. Who knows but you can’t tell me Origi has had loads of chances because it would be more bollox.

He's had more than enough appearances and opportunities from the bench in his 6 years at the club to prove himself, you know fine fucking well what I was talking about and when Ox had his opportunities last season and Minamino this at LFWD both were miles fucking better

Origi pisses me right off, look at the size of Mane and Mo, both can comfortably get in front of defenders and show incredible strength to hold them off, get the ball under and lay it off intelligently, the fucking size of Origi and he's fucking useless at it

Steveo
31st January 2021, 05:01 PM
You piss plenty right off too :D

Come on give the lad a chance FFS. He hasn’t been great BUT never easy without a sustained run of games.

justme
31st January 2021, 05:02 PM
We always need a solid start. No point being a goal down early on. we are already chasing the game then. I always fancy us to become stronger has the match goes along,. Wont be easy today though,. since the powers that be have decided to give West-ham 2 days more rest. Then again its pretty much fixed this season. Man-city are being played first almost all the time. when it comes to tv schedules

CCTV

Do keep em coming

Maybe he wants Origi to occupy the WH defence - tire them out with some direct runs....for Bobby to come on and profit. Who knows but you can’t tell me Origi has had loads of chances because it would be more bollox.

Over his career

Premier league only:
19 goals and 9 assists in little over 36 games worth of mins.

Nineteenx
At least i didnt play Salah on the left :D

I'd rather that than Origi there, he's had so many opportunities there and always been shite, let's hope if he is starting there the useless lump makes me eat my words and actually fucking puts in a performance and helps the team to play as well as it can

Edit: Oh and when he can put a team mate in for a tap in into an open goal like in the game v Burnley, he takes a leaf out of Bamford's book in their game v Leicester today and makes the right decision

miller0863
31st January 2021, 05:03 PM
All 3 departments of our team greatly weakened by injuries and one odd resting of a player. This is way off the team that won the league. Can’t see us winning this one, West Ham will be absolutely over the moon with our team.

justme
31st January 2021, 05:08 PM
Also we have Moss has the ref. so expect some iffy calls. west-ham to dive and free kicks to be given.

RedNoodle
31st January 2021, 05:09 PM
I'm sorry, but irrespective of today's result and how certain individuals may play, that is one disgusting line up, even more so when you take into account that we are the CURRENT PL CHAMPIONS, the 2019 CL AND WCC CHAMPIONS, and are the FIFTH HIGHEST EARNING FOOTBALL CLUB IN THE WORLD.

CCTV
31st January 2021, 05:10 PM
Premier league only

Bobby's had 2 seasons where hes played a little over 33 mins of games:
19/20 - 9 goals and 8 assists
16/17 - 11 goals and 10 assists

Bobby's best season
17/18 - 15 goals and 7 assists - in close to 31 games worth of mins.

Steveo
31st January 2021, 05:10 PM
@ Noods - It does look like a team split in two for training purposes. But this is where we are. If a few key players are missing - this is where it leads unless you have a deeper squad and less sick notes

Nineteenx
31st January 2021, 05:11 PM
You piss plenty right off too :D

Come on give the lad a chance FFS. He hasn’t been great BUT never easy without a sustained run of games.

Well, Jota can be on the bench, look where he might fit in, come on and make a difference when the opportunity comes and then do exactly that, it's called football intelligence, something Origi seems to have precious little of.

One of the reasons I was reticent about bringing Jota in instead of Bobby is that issues elsewhere were affecting our forwards and play in general, Bobby has peaks and troughs and has always got out of the troughs by being played through them and having a player like Jota on the bench who can and will come on and make a huge difference is something we've been desperately short of for a really long fucking time and it is an absolutely priceless thing to have, so when he did have supersub appearances, I wasn't in any rush to changes that, that was my reasoning

I really REALLY hope Origi has on of his exceptionally rare blinders in which he makes an impact today

Steveo
31st January 2021, 05:12 PM
If you say so :D

CCTV
31st January 2021, 05:13 PM
He's had more than enough appearances and opportunities from the bench in his 6 years at the club to prove himself, you know fine fucking well what I was talking about and when Ox had his opportunities last season and Minamino this at LFWD both were miles fucking better

Origi pisses me right off, look at the size of Mane and Mo, both can comfortably get in front of defenders and show incredible strength to hold them off, get the ball under and lay it off intelligently, the fucking size of Origi and he's fucking useless at it

Smaller guys being different to big lads, 2 of the best attackers in world football miles better than the rest you say :)

LEGS
31st January 2021, 05:15 PM
I'm sorry, but irrespective of today's result and how certain individuals may play, that is one disgusting line up, even more so when you take into account that we are the CURRENT PL CHAMPIONS, the 2019 CL AND WCC CHAMPIONS, and are the FIFTH HIGHEST EARNING FOOTBALL CLUB IN THE WORLD.

Yep its not good but this is not just happening to us.

Leic v Leeds 3 players off with muscle injuries.

The schedule is to blame for me its madness.

RedNoodle
31st January 2021, 05:15 PM
@ Noods - It does look like a team split in two for training purposes. But this is where we are. If a few key players are missing - this is where it leads unless you have a deeper squad and less sick notes

It looks like a team that somebody has drawn randomly. That is what happens when you have owners who are tight as **** and don't provide a manager with a squad commensurate with his/our standing and the way he/we play.

CCTV
31st January 2021, 05:19 PM
So if we win, it'll be a masterstroke:D

RedNoodle
31st January 2021, 05:19 PM
Yep its not good but this is not just happening to us.

Leic v Leeds 3 players off with muscle injuries.

The schedule is to blame for me its madness.

We are LIVERPOOL, one of a tiny handful of 'elite' clubs. Not a side who has a tiny amount of domestic success, never mind one that effectively has zero European success.

RedNoodle
31st January 2021, 05:20 PM
So if we win, it'll be a masterstroke:D

No. It will mean we have been fortunate/West Ham haven't taken full advantage,

miller0863
31st January 2021, 05:25 PM
They want shooting if they don’t win this game comfortably. It will be a long time before they get to play a weaker Liverpool team than this.

justme
31st January 2021, 05:28 PM
If Henderson gets injured , R Williams and Philips at the back .. Not worth thinking about. Matip is one of the main reason. he needs offing in the summer.

LEGS
31st January 2021, 05:29 PM
We are LIVERPOOL, one of a tiny handful of 'elite' clubs. Not a side who has a tiny amount of domestic success, never mind one that effectively has zero European success.

We have Mane Salah Jota Firmino Origi that is a good enough 5.

The problem with signing say Haaland in place of Origi is big players come with big egos it can get toxic if not selected....ask Lampard.

RedNoodle
31st January 2021, 06:30 PM

The problem with signing say Haaland in place of Origi is big players come with big egos it can get toxic if not selected....ask Lampard.

Who mentioned Haaland? There are a lot of players between the quality of Origi and Haaland. Origi isn't LFC standard, or at least he shouldn't be. A couple of noteworthy goals doesn't change that.

We have been relying on our front three for our goals, and our FB's for our creativity for far, far too long. Add that to relying on one consistent CB who is effectively out for the season, and it's not hard to see why we have problems as soon as one or two of our first XI are missing, out of form, or knackered, namely at either end of the pitch.

Kev0909
31st January 2021, 06:30 PM

If you replace origi with some half decent striker who gets goals yes

miller0863
31st January 2021, 07:24 PM
What a performance

Nineteenx
31st January 2021, 07:27 PM
What a performance

Yep, great stuff, sadly we were all right about Origi, Oxlade should get the nod v Brighton, showed far more in 10 minutes than Origi managed in 75, they say the half yard is in your head, Origi's got a yard physically, unfortunately his head, footballing ability is 2 yards back from the rest of our lads

Steveo
31st January 2021, 08:03 PM
https://i.ibb.co/grQHGcv/2-F6-EEDE8-333-E-465-D-842-A-8-D2-D05-C726-E2.gif