PDA

View Full Version : Your team v Brighton

Insidious
31st January 2021, 07:21 PM
Some shoots of recovery! Let's keep it going.

Assuming Mane and Fabinho are still injured -

.........................Alisson

Trent...Phillips.....Henderson...Robertson

.......................Wijnaldum

................Thiago.......Jones

...Salah...........Firmino..........Shaqiri

Saving Milner for possible use against Man City. Protecting Ox for potentially playing against Man City, though I might want Shaqiri for that game - the fact we have selection options despite the injury list says a lot about the squad when things are going well.

Boom!

Kev0909
31st January 2021, 07:22 PM
same as you, I expect the same today defend defend defend until we get the right pass and some magic, then they might start playing when it's too late.

I could play at CB maybe..

jozza800
31st January 2021, 07:31 PM
same as you, I expect the same today defend defend defend until we get the right pass and some magic, then they might start playing when it's too late.

I could play at CB maybe..

What's the problem. Hendo looks like he's played there all his life and Phillips was excellent again. :calm:

Kev0909
31st January 2021, 07:34 PM
What's the problem. Hendo looks like he's played there all his life and Phillips was excellent again. :calm:

There isn't a problem ?

Nineteenx
31st January 2021, 07:45 PM
Alisson

Trent Phillips Henderson Robertson

Thiago Wijnaldum Jones

Salah Firmino Oxlade

CCTV
2nd February 2021, 12:36 AM
Can anyone see either new CB getting in ? With a mind to bed in before city?

Seems Ozan Kabak was on the clubs watch list for a while. Klopp might fancy throwing him into the mix.

Insidious
2nd February 2021, 12:44 AM
I'd be surprised - it will depend on Fabinho I think.

If Fabinho is fit for Brighton (someone in here said he was out for the season, then quickly said that was incorrect, don't think we have had any update since him not being available for West Ham?) then I think it's Fabinho+Henderson, for both Brighton and Man City, to keep some sort of chemistry.

Then after that integrate others. Brighton is on Wednesday after all, so Kabak or Davies would have tomorrow (it's tomorrow in about 15 minutes!) and some of Wednesday for prep.

If Fabinho isn't available for Brighton though? Think all bets are off!

miller0863
2nd February 2021, 12:54 AM
It will be the same two as at West Ham for Brighton

Insidious
2nd February 2021, 01:03 AM
It will be the same two as at West Ham for Brighton

If that's the case - and if Phillips ended up going on to play against City - and if he ended up bossing it....what a treat that would be!

Nineteenx
2nd February 2021, 01:15 AM
I'd be surprised - it will depend on Fabinho I think.

If Fabinho is fit for Brighton (someone in here said he was out for the season, then quickly said that was incorrect, don't think we have had any update since him not being available for West Ham?) then I think it's Fabinho+Henderson, for both Brighton and Man City, to keep some sort of chemistry.

Then after that integrate others. Brighton is on Wednesday after all, so Kabak or Davies would have tomorrow (it's tomorrow in about 15 minutes!) and some of Wednesday for prep.

If Fabinho isn't available for Brighton though? Think all bets are off!

It's Matip who is out for the season, such an awesome CB too, so frustrating

Insidious
2nd February 2021, 01:21 AM
It's Matip who is out for the season, such an awesome CB too, so frustrating

Aware on Matip, but someone had put up a post saying Fabinho was out, then put a post saying something to the effect of "ignore that" but having had the Matip news I was on edge and waiting with baited breath for the worst!

LEGS
2nd February 2021, 11:54 AM
Fabinho expected back for Man City though if its 50/50 we not play him.

On Kabak coming from Germany not sure on Covid rules and if he can play tomorrow.

I think Miller has it correct Hendo/Nat.

ianlfc
2nd February 2021, 12:34 PM
With our forward line finding the goals again you would hope we'll have enough to beat Brighton and Hendo and Nat should be good enough to not worry to much about the defence.
Now City are a different beast altogether.

Kev0909
2nd February 2021, 12:58 PM
When are they goign to play then?

Is are midfield going to continue to suffer due to playing midfielders at CB??

Will they play when they've "settled in" when VVD and gomez are back? and we have 5-6 cbs?

LEGS
2nd February 2021, 01:05 PM

Will they play when they've "settled in" when VVD and gomez are back? and we have 5-6 cbs?

Im guessing City for Kabak as he was still in Germany yesterday sure he arrives later in week.

Davies will be on the bench tomorrow is my guess.

Nevermind them pair when is the Greek lad going to start surely he plays tomorrow ?

skyebo
2nd February 2021, 01:16 PM
Im guessing City for Kabak as he was still in Germany yesterday sure he arrives later in week.

Davies will be on the bench tomorrow is my guess.

Nevermind them pair when is the Greek lad going to start surely he plays tomorrow ?

I've given up trying to 2nd guess a Klopp team.

ianlfc
2nd February 2021, 02:50 PM

I'd be amazed if either starts against City. He'll only have a couple of training sessions.
Having Henderson and Nat form a partnership could be a good thing. Starting them against Brighton that will be another game together then onto City. Crazy to think if Fabinho gets fit then would he go back into Defence and Hendo back into midfield ?

skyebo
2nd February 2021, 03:07 PM
I'd be amazed if either starts against City. He'll only have a couple of training sessions.
Having Henderson and Nat form a partnership could be a good thing. Starting them against Brighton that will be another game together then onto City. Crazy to think if Fabinho gets fit then would he go back into Defence and Hendo back into midfield ?

We have just bought 2 players who are natural defenders, i would find it pointless if Fabinho goes back in defence when he returns. Midfield is where most people want him.

Kev0909
2nd February 2021, 03:16 PM
Maybe we didn't need a CB after all!?!?! Lolz

This is why people wanted someone with actual proven quality because they could fit right in which is what we need (doesn't mean it would cost the earth either), but oh well bargain bucket will do.

FSG should go on bargain hunt they'd smash it much profits

if we can't trust davies to come in, it's a waste of time in the first place, purely so we can sell him on in 1-2 years for 10m

Balinkay
2nd February 2021, 03:19 PM
Why does it matter? If Kabak and/or Davies are good enough, I couldn't care less if they're proven or not.

Kev0909
2nd February 2021, 03:20 PM
Why does it matter? If Kabak and/or Davies are good enough, I couldn't care less if they're proven or not.

of course it fucking matters, much more chance of going right into the team when it's needed (now) and you know they'll be good enough and not cost points

maybe it will happen- but seems everyone expects us to carry on playing midfielders at CB

Sorry I keep forgetting we're not defending champions or anything

You'd trust Kabak and davies in a champions league final then?? or quaters for that matter? oh no we'd have midfielders there again that are really needed in midfield for us to progress....

skyebo
2nd February 2021, 03:21 PM
Maybe we didn't need a CB after all!?!?! Lolz

This is why people wanted someone with actual proven quality because they could fit right in which is what we need (doesn't mean it would cost the earth either), but oh well bargain bucket will do.

FSG should go on bargain hunt they'd smash it much profits

if we can't trust davies to come in, it's a waste of time in the first place, purely so we can sell him on in 1-2 years for 10m

I'm sure he will get his chances, especially at the moment with Gomez and VVD out long term.

LEGS
2nd February 2021, 03:35 PM
I trust Kabak on the basis he has been tracked by us for sometime and I think he will start against City.

The plus points to them is they have both played around 20 games this season so wont lack match fitness.

Davies will get games im sure but no chance will Klopp throw both in at same time.

Insidious
2nd February 2021, 03:35 PM

I suspect they'll play after City. Rhythm and chemistry are important at centre-back and the game against City probably gives us our only opportunity to draw City back "down" into a realistic title fight. The 7-point gap they have over us, given their recent habit of winning games, is too much. A 4-point gap makes it possible. You don't want to throw someone in against that who simply hasn't had any time to gel with a partner.

Once the City game is done I imagine the likes of Kabak get their opportunity and are told "you're a mainstay as one of the centre-backs until the end of the season, go win your right to a long-term contract with us" and we go from there.

When Van Dijk and Gomez come back I think we will have two more (centre-backs) in the squad where that's their main role (ie not a conversion like Fabinho) and there will be a 5th player, that is either a youth centre-back, or someone like Fabinho filling in (which I think we could accept as FIFTH choice, given the relatively low chance of four centre-backs being injured).

miller0863
2nd February 2021, 03:38 PM
Give them a chance Kev, they’re going to need to train with the team for a few sessions. Neither has even played in the Prem before let alone played for us. The way we play with a high back line, it only takes one to drop off when the others push up and the opposition are clean through.
It’s not about ability it’s about getting used to the system. Robbo was given plenty of time to get up to speed and he knew the Prem. I don’t imagine it will be too long after City before we see them start to be introduced but straight away would be mad.

Balinkay
2nd February 2021, 03:53 PM
of course it fucking matters, much more chance of going right into the team when it's needed (now) and you know they'll be good enough and not cost points

maybe it will happen- but seems everyone expects us to carry on playing midfielders at CB

Sorry I keep forgetting we're not defending champions or anything

You'd trust Kabak and davies in a champions league final then?? or quaters for that matter? oh no we'd have midfielders there again that are really needed in midfield for us to progress....

No, I really wouldn't. But I wouldn't have trusted Robbo or Gini either and they turned out okay. All I'm saying is that none of us get paid to analyse football for a living. There's a chance the lads at the club who do have found another decent player for a tiny fee. Give them a chance ffs.

Nineteenx
2nd February 2021, 04:15 PM
Give them a chance Kev, they’re going to need to train with the team for a few sessions. Neither has even played in the Prem before let alone played for us. The way we play with a high back line, it only takes one to drop off when the others push up and the opposition are clean through.
It’s not about ability it’s about getting used to the system. Robbo was given plenty of time to get up to speed and he knew the Prem. I don’t imagine it will be too long after City before we see them start to be introduced but straight away would be mad.

Great post

CCTV
2nd February 2021, 04:58 PM
I trust Kabak on the basis he has been tracked by us for sometime and I think he will start against City.

The plus points to them is they have both played around 20 games this season so wont lack match fitness.

Davies will get games im sure but no chance will Klopp throw both in at same time.

Think Kabak would need to start v Brighton to get a start v city.
Wouldn't be shocked to see him get a start v Brighton.

The counter view, he wont start, seem to be based on previous luxuries whereas now we have to crack on sharpish.

ianlfc
2nd February 2021, 05:05 PM
Think Kabak would need to start v Brighton to get a start v city.
Wouldn't be shocked to see him get a start v Brighton.

The counter view, he wont start, seem to be based on previous luxuries whereas now we have to crack on sharpish.

I think hes only just arrived in Liverpool late this morning. Maybe he'll have a training session later today. So for him to start tomorrow night is pushing it. Maybe on the bench and when we go 3-0 up at half time then he could come on.

Also I thought Fabinho was always a centrehalf back up for us. He's played there before iirc.

ianlfc
2nd February 2021, 05:11 PM
We have just bought 2 players who are natural defenders, i would find it pointless if Fabinho goes back in defence when he returns. Midfield is where most people want him.

personally I think it would be a huge gamble especially against City, but Jurgen is known to make surprises so you never know. A midfield of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago would be nice to see against City, with Fabinho just sitting in front of the Centrebacks.

Kev0909
2nd February 2021, 05:15 PM
I think hes only just arrived in Liverpool late this morning. Maybe he'll have a training session later today. So for him to start tomorrow night is pushing it. Maybe on the bench and when we go 3-0 up at half time then he could come on.

Also I thought Fabinho was always a centrehalf back up for us. He's played there before iirc.

Sadly I think fabinho will fill in at CB before the new arrivals, much to 19x's delights.

Hopefully one get's a chance and hits the ground running so Klopp trusts em and fabinho can be in midfield.. still expect in big games say champions league fab will play there tho..

Steveo
2nd February 2021, 05:31 PM
personally I think it would be a huge gamble especially against City, but Jurgen is known to make surprises so you never know. A midfield of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago would be nice to see against City, with Fabinho just sitting in front of the Centrebacks.

That midfield would be great but can’t see it with so little time between now and the City game.

Hell of maelstrom that to throw either new lad into - a potential championship decider in your first game.

But - Klopp is a borderline loon - so who knows

Kev0909
2nd February 2021, 05:36 PM
Don't want either to play v City btw, but if it was someone like Ramos- just for a example!! or someone more known but less money people would probably say they'd go straight into the team..... which is my point, I just hope it doesn't take 6+ games... I mean we need them for now, I doubt VVD and gomez will both pickup repeat injury's next season, I expect one to take gomez's place a bit though.. he's a bit better version of matip on the injury front...

Davies is for numbers to resell in a couple of years much like Miniminao (depending on how many brits we have) decent 4th choice eitherway but so is phillips tbh

kabak is generally a future starter/prospect along side VVD

We're still in the champions league and in for a shot at the title still.... are these 2 the solution for the short-term? I'm not so sure, but heyho more body's n all that can't complain.

P.S I know normally time is given under Klopp for players, but... normally we don't have 3 cb's out all season and bring 2 in, In january.. other teams start players that have just come in, and they do ok normally..

CCTV
2nd February 2021, 05:42 PM

Find it hard to guess.

Bought 2 players in with a higher standing in the game than Philips/Williams, in a season where diving in at the deep end has occured a few times already.

60/40 in your favour.

Fabinho ruled out v Brighton, any updates on him or Mane ? (also expected to be out v Brighton)

jr81
2nd February 2021, 05:45 PM
That midfield would be great but can’t see it with so little time between now and the City game.

Hell of maelstrom that to throw either new lad into - a potential championship decider in your first game.

But - Klopp is a borderline loon - so who knows

That last line made me laugh out loud. Partly because it is so true.

ianlfc
2nd February 2021, 06:00 PM
That last line made me laugh out loud. Partly because it is so true.

I've just read it and thought exectly the same. That's why we love Klopp, we just never know what he's thinking and he's very rarely wrong.

Insidious
2nd February 2021, 06:08 PM
In terms of Kabak and Davies, we have the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in-between the City and Leicester fixtures.

To me, if you want to get them up to speed and available for us and pick a partnership utilising one or both of them, that weeks seems like the time to lay the groundwork.

sydenham red
2nd February 2021, 06:54 PM
Its possible 1 of fab or hendo will stay at CB until vvd returns end of April (hopefully).with thiago lkg good and keita and jota back soon there are options up front and in midfield without both hendo and fab. There may a diffetent first choice midfield depending on home/away and opponents style anyhow. Prob kakak gets the start before davies but wouldnt bother me to see hendo and ohillips line up again

skyebo
2nd February 2021, 07:19 PM
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Phillips
Henderson
Robertson
Jones
Wijnaldum
Milner
Salah
Firmino
Origi

Kelleher
Williams N
Tsimikas
Davies
Williams R
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Thiago
Shaqiri
Mane

Nineteenx
3rd February 2021, 12:48 AM
Jurgen pretty much confirmed it highly unlikely either new CB will start either of the next 2 games, very much expected and very wise imo, i think one or both might well be on the bench in case there is a need to push Captain Fantastic into midfield, they do need time to settle and as we've been playing well, risking either seems pointless

Nineteenx
3rd February 2021, 12:54 AM
Alisson

Thiago Wijnaldum Jones

Salah Firmino Oxlade

That's the team all day long for me, we don't have to travel for either of our next 2 which makes a difference imo

Would be really tempted to start with Millie again for 45 minutes if Jurgen and the medical/sports science team think he's good for it

We owe these big time for the 2 points they robbed us of, i don't like Baconface, but at least he had the decency to miss his dodgy VAR pen

Kev0909
3rd February 2021, 01:45 PM
Brighton are still without Lamptey Welbeck so that's good

who'd of thought it other team have injury's too.

We should count are lucky stars salah is super human and never gets injured, without him goals are a struggle.. he's back to himself.. and so is the team people go on about VVD yes he is important, but salah... is the most important player, in my eyes.

Nineteenx
3rd February 2021, 04:34 PM
Brighton are still without Lamptey Welbeck so that's good

who'd of thought it other team have injury's too.

We should count are lucky stars salah is super human and never gets injured, without him goals are a struggle.. he's back to himself.. and so is the team people go on about VVD yes he is important, but salah... is the most important player, in my eyes.

This season Mo's better than 'himself' through all the hard work he put in last season to developing his game, that a lot of people slagged him off for when it didn't quite come off

Kev0909
3rd February 2021, 05:36 PM
Allison trending on twitter

rumours of him being injured, but the same amount of people called it bullshit, and people saying he's had a dodgy kebab

Fck knows, i assume it's bullshit, but as it's allison you never know

skyebo
3rd February 2021, 05:39 PM

rumours of him being injured, but the same amount of people called it bullshit, and people saying he's had a dodgy kebab

If it's true, i hope it's only tonight's game he misses, especially as it's City next.

Kev0909
3rd February 2021, 05:43 PM
If it's true, i hope it's only tonight's game he misses, especially as it's City next.

It's probably bullshit no doubt someone trying to make a bad situation worse and making up shit.

and Yeah I think we'll be fine v brighton eitherway as long as we play like last game

jr81
3rd February 2021, 05:44 PM

I read it was a collusion with Kelleher.

If true, what are they doing in training? That will be his second injury due to a collision in training this season.

Could be bollix of course 😊

LEGS
3rd February 2021, 05:46 PM

If true, what are they doing in training? That will be his second injury due to a collision in training this season.

I think i’ll go with your last line why would he collide with Kelleher unless we have a sneaky plan to play two keepers !

jr81
3rd February 2021, 05:50 PM
I think i’ll go with your last line why would he collide with Kelleher unless we have a sneaky plan to play two keepers !
Dunno, but wouldn't be the 1st time he got injured in training due to a collision.

We will soon find out.

ianlfc
3rd February 2021, 05:53 PM

I noticed we had 2 keepers on the bench for the West ham game. Is that normal for us ?

LEGS
3rd February 2021, 05:58 PM
I noticed we had 2 keepers on the bench for the West ham game. Is that normal for us ?

No it’s not but I guess we did that as Mane was ruled out and had travelled.

Might as well do just in case I guess.

LEGS
3rd February 2021, 05:59 PM
Dunno, but wouldn't be the 1st time he got injured in training due to a collision.

We will soon find out.

I’m trying to get some positive head space it’s time the luck changed.

Kev0909
3rd February 2021, 06:04 PM

don't worry we have 2 new cbs to fill the space now i assume that's why?

No youngsters even worth putting on the bench?

not the first time this season.

Kev0909
3rd February 2021, 06:05 PM

I hope so But i generally do think Allison is the most injury prone goalie in the league so fits us!!

I think it will turn out to be shite

LEGS
3rd February 2021, 06:09 PM
don't worry we have 2 new cbs to fill the space now i assume that's why?

No youngsters even worth putting on the bench?

not the first time this season.

We did have enough if you include Mane.

I know we normally take 3 keepers anyway in case one gets injured in warm up so makes me wonder did Alisson play with a slight injury at West Ham ?

Let’s hope it’s all BS.

LEGS
3rd February 2021, 06:44 PM
Think Big Bear is gonna be out tonight with illness.

Just hope it isn’t what people will guess it is.

Kev0909
3rd February 2021, 06:46 PM
Think Big Bear is gonna be out tonight with illness.

Just hope it isn’t what people will guess it is.

skyebo
3rd February 2021, 06:49 PM

I noticed that too, maybe there was no other outfield ones to choose from.

Kev0909
3rd February 2021, 06:56 PM
I noticed that too, maybe there was no other outfield ones to choose from.

I don't understand why someone decent in the younger squads can't get on the bench if that's the case and if we're winning and not long to go, put him on..

miller0863
3rd February 2021, 07:06 PM
Even our keeper is injury prone ffs.
There really must be something they’re doing in training it’s effin ridiculous

Kev0909
3rd February 2021, 07:09 PM
Apparently if out tonight he's missed 20% of games last 2 seasons not sure if true?

Good job he's good!!!!

Fuck sake why didn't we sign prestons goalie?

FSG OUT

jr81
3rd February 2021, 07:24 PM
I’m trying to get some positive head space it’s time the luck changed.
😊😊 Sorry.

The way this season has panned out with injuries l my positive energy has been used up.

southernboy
3rd February 2021, 07:43 PM
The perfect way to introduce a new centre back into an already makeshift defence.

ianlfc
3rd February 2021, 08:02 PM
Ali is definitely out.

GlassHalfFull
3rd February 2021, 08:05 PM
Ali is definitely out.

Yeah, just seen this myself. Kelleher has done well when called upon, assuming he'll get the nod.

Kev0909
3rd February 2021, 08:07 PM
Ali is definitely out.

Dodgy kebab it is

LEGS
3rd February 2021, 08:07 PM
Yeah, just seen this myself. Kelleher has done well when called upon, assuming he'll get the nod.

Lets hope so a few Journos saying its Adrian.

GlassHalfFull
3rd February 2021, 08:17 PM
Lets hope so a few Journos saying its Adrian.

Thank god most journos are idiots eh! :)

ianlfc
3rd February 2021, 08:18 PM
Big Quaver starts and still no Manè in the squad. Nor either of the new signings.

Nineteenx
3rd February 2021, 08:19 PM
Team confirmed:

Looks like a diamond again, which in all honesty isn't too different at all from our 433, last time out both forwards frequently took the same positions either wide forward does in the 433

Kelleher

Wijnaldum

Thiago_________Milner

Shaqiri

Salah Firmino

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's be Liverpool again tonight, great mixture of trying to play through mixed up with our brilliant ability when being direct and be the right royal pain in the arse we should be for every team, never letting them get settled or set and never giving them a moments respite, get the win and another vital 3 points here tonight

miller0863
3rd February 2021, 08:19 PM
No sign of Sadio either

62Kelleher

66Alexander-Arnold
47Phillips
14Henderson
26Robertson

6Thiago Alcántara
7Milner
5Wijnaldum

23Shaqiri
9Firmino
11Salah

Substitutes
13Adrián
15Oxlade-Chamberlain
17Jones
21Tsimikas
27Origi
28Davies
46R Williams
64Cain
76N Williams

faridtoxteth
3rd February 2021, 08:20 PM
Bit surprised that Milner is in again. Are they really tempting fate?
What is the bench like?

Balinkay
3rd February 2021, 08:21 PM
Dodgy kebab it is

Is this for real? :D

miller0863
3rd February 2021, 08:22 PM
Thought Jones would have started tonight

faridtoxteth
3rd February 2021, 08:23 PM
I know the two new lads have barely even walked in the door, but of course they will be wanting to get their debuts over and done with.
Maybe go three at the back against city and surprise the fuck out of Pep.
I think Kabak is going to be good for us.

Nineteenx
3rd February 2021, 08:24 PM
What is the bench like?

He's been excellent, the plan is likely to give him 45-60 minutes again, no travelling for this game or the next gives a little more r and r time too

Shaq deserves another chance also, and it is good trying to develop the diamond with Shaq in there as an alternate system, although truth be told, it isn't really much different at all from our 433

Insidious
3rd February 2021, 08:24 PM
Big Quaver starts and still no Manè in the squad. Nor either of the new signings.

I've noticed them pronouncing it "Kwee-vin" in commentary and the only fellas I have known with the name spelt the same way it's been "Kee-veen" so I am all sorts of confused.

Kev0909
3rd February 2021, 08:27 PM
Playing milner and shaqiri this quickly after last games is a recipe for a injury.... happened to milner a few times but at least he was sub'd last game early so had a rest saying that.

CCTV
3rd February 2021, 08:49 PM
I've noticed them pronouncing it "Kwee-vin" in commentary and the only fellas I have known with the name spelt the same way it's been "Kee-veen" so I am all sorts of confused.

Kwee-Veen

RedNoodle
3rd February 2021, 08:51 PM

What is the bench like?

Pee poor is the answer to that question.

Balinkay
3rd February 2021, 08:52 PM
One of our commentators mentioned he was from a part of Ireland that pronounces it differently. Might have been bollocks though.

ianlfc
3rd February 2021, 08:56 PM
It's keep-er !!!