PDA

View Full Version : Ben Davies

shminkyred
1st February 2021, 08:22 AM
Medical according to SSN

Nineteenx
1st February 2021, 08:34 AM
Good, let's hope he passes it with flying colours and like Robbo sees this move as an incredible unexpected opportunity and continually works his bollocks off to become the best player he can possibly be

stevie harkness
1st February 2021, 08:40 AM
Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for

ianlfc
1st February 2021, 10:54 AM
Weather this lad makes it with us, it gives every player in the lower leagues whose been rejected in their career to never give up.

jozza800
1st February 2021, 11:07 AM
According to Lawro - he'll get nowhere near the first team.

reddownunder
1st February 2021, 11:18 AM

Surely he's better than Rhys Williams?

ianlfc
1st February 2021, 11:20 AM

I very much doubt he'll start against City next week. Unlike if we signed someone like Ramos who would go straight in.

Steveo
1st February 2021, 11:29 AM
I very much doubt he'll start against City next week. Unlike if we signed someone like Ramos who would go straight in.

This is true...

Think United are linked with Ramos.
Pretty awful if it happens.

shminkyred
1st February 2021, 11:36 AM

Yea Feet First....

stevie harkness
1st February 2021, 11:43 AM
Surely he's better than Rhys Williams?

Lawro said he'd be behind Rhys Williams adding: "He's a lovely lad."

Steveo
1st February 2021, 11:52 AM

https://youtu.be/ESHifnf97cg

Joetan991
1st February 2021, 12:07 PM
Why need to wait until last day ? Sales ?

Insidious
1st February 2021, 12:25 PM
Why need to wait until last day ? Sales ?

For Ben? Or in general?

justme
1st February 2021, 01:05 PM
So Rhys is a lovely lad and?? does that mean he can make clangers when he wants?

Kev0909
1st February 2021, 01:39 PM

??? how can you be behind williams

what's the point then?

he's chatting shit

LEGS
1st February 2021, 02:38 PM
So Rhys is a lovely lad and?? does that mean he can make clangers when he wants?

Probably wants him to join Preston on loan !

He is a Preston lad and he could do with a loan next season in the championship we not release him this window for obvious reasons.

miller0863
1st February 2021, 03:37 PM
Van Den Berg is going the other way.

Kev0909
1st February 2021, 03:41 PM
Van Den Berg is going the other way.

The fans on the forums seem delighted

Not.

Balinkay
1st February 2021, 04:00 PM
One of these days Kev might realise players tend to be worse when they're young. CBs more so than most.

We live in hope. :D

Kev0909
1st February 2021, 04:03 PM
One of these days Kev might realise players tend to be worse when they're young. CBs more so than most.

We live in hope. :D

How the fuck is it going to help us then cleverclogs? we don't need to sign kids at the moment we need someone who can actually be decent ben davies to make us win the champions league eh? because he's 25- obviously the quality needed by the sounds of it, FSG just getting the numbers in for cheap

alot of CB's that turned out good was good at a young age BTW.

Ruben dias has been a boss for a while
Matthijs de Ligt.21 year old has been around for a bit

Loads of examples, much better than Williams who might end up being half decent, but never good enough for us

About van der berg it's just what preston fans are saying about him... not me personally ?

Balinkay
1st February 2021, 04:18 PM
Don't get your panties in a twist, Kev. :D

In general CBs develop more slowly - see Van Dijk, Virgil. Sure there will be some standout players. De Ligt is massively overrated btw. Kind of glad we didn't get him.

Also Williams is 19. Nineteen! You say there's loads of examples but there's probably a hundred times more examples of good CBs who weren't tearing up trees at that age. It's more than likely he'll never be good enoug for us but fuck me if you'd even let him have a shot!

I don't think any young CB will help us now unless they're a standout talent. Kabak might be that, he might not be. FSG don't like to spunk money on short-term solutions, that much is certain. Otherwise they'd have gone for Mustafi or Socratis.

Kev0909
1st February 2021, 04:19 PM
Shouldn't of been near starting, I blame FSG more and klopp for playing him over phillips who's x2 better

19- a lot of decent players out there that are 19 and start often, when did carra make his debut again?

you can tell if a player has something or doesn't, and Williams doesn't i'm afraid, unlike Jones and Neco who's had some good games.

He might do decent in a slow league, but not here... and you can't go from being that slow on the turn to fast he hasn't got it naturally.

Watch this kabak who's only 20 btw come in and look so much better, if Klopp/team trusted Williams we wouldn't be getting kabak

Balinkay
1st February 2021, 04:25 PM
What are you talking about? Are you seriously suggesting that any player who's not good enough to play regularly for a top side should just be binned off? I think I must be misunderstanding something here.

Or any player who doesn't look like the next Varane shouldn't get a chance? That's insane.

For the record I don't think Williams will do much for us but what you're asking for is madness.

Kev0909
1st February 2021, 04:27 PM
He's not good enough and shouldn't be starting, and wouldn't of had if it wasn't for the injury's and we actually had a 4th CB or klopp actually started Phillips who's had some decent experience and clearly better.

Like i've said before luckiest guy to ever play for us, or one of them.

Why stay here and do a phillips and set back his own career? next season he won't get a look in- he'll be loaned out for a few seasons then sold, end of story.

Why would you want player's to stay with you that aren't good enough to start? we're not fucking relegation fodder, too early for williams to get sold yet, but it's the natural cycle of life here, loans>sold when obviously not good enough.

never know may hopefully surprise me/everyone and end up being the next VVD after having a storming season in the championship if any team would take him, bit better than the none-league level of before, obviously very rare cases like Jamie vardy but still.

Obviously the plan for next season will be VVD gomez matip Davies Kabak and maybe phillips- meanwhile fabinho can still fill in if it's very bad, williams won't have a chance, i'm pretty sure we'll end up getting a new long-term partner for VVD too unless kabak ends up being that player,or if someone will buy matip, gomez won't be going anywhere because he's english and a good squad player who can cover the back 4 and personally think he'll be starting for the next few seasons to come with VVD, hopefully no more big injury's...

Balinkay
1st February 2021, 04:35 PM
Ok, then I was indeed misuderstanding some of your generelaisations somewhat. Yes, I agree - give him a bit of a chance and throw him out on loan if it doesn't work out. See how he progresses and look to sell if it becomes clear he won't do much here.

Kev0909
1st February 2021, 04:41 PM
I'm hoping because he's played for us and looked solid in a few games a ok championship team will take him, so he get's some decent experience and hopefully become a better player.

Nineteenx
1st February 2021, 04:41 PM
Don't get your panties in a twist, Kev. :D

In general CBs develop more slowly - see Van Dijk, Virgil. Sure there will be some standout players. De Ligt is massively overrated btw. Kind of glad we didn't get him.

Also Williams is 19. Nineteen! You say there's loads of examples but there's probably a hundred times more examples of good CBs who weren't tearing up trees at that age. It's more than likely he'll never be good enoug for us but fuck me if you'd even let him have a shot!

I don't think any young CB will help us now unless they're a standout talent. Kabak might be that, he might not be. FSG don't like to spunk money on short-term solutions, that much is certain. Otherwise they'd have gone for Mustafi or Socratis.

You're absolutely correct in everything you wrote in this post

jozza800
1st February 2021, 04:44 PM
He's not good enough and shouldn't be starting, and wouldn't of had if it wasn't for the injury's and we actually had a 4th CB or klopp actually started Phillips who's had some decent experience and clearly better.

Like i've said before luckiest guy to ever play for us, or one of them.

Why stay here and do a phillips and set back his own career? next season he won't get a look in- he'll be loaned out for a few seasons then sold, end of story.

Why would you want player's to stay with you that aren't good enough to start? we're not fucking relegation fodder, too early for williams to get sold yet, but it's the natural cycle of life here, loans>sold when obviously not good enough.

never know may hopefully surprise me/everyone and end up being the next VVD after having a storming season in the championship if any team would take him, bit better than the none-league level of before, obviously very rare cases like Jamie vardy but still.

Obviously the plan for next season will be VVD gomez matip Davies Kabak and maybe phillips- meanwhile fabinho can still fill in if it's very bad, williams won't have a chance, i'm pretty sure we'll end up getting a new long-term partner for VVD too unless kabak ends up being that player,or if someone will buy matip, gomez won't be going anywhere because he's english and a good squad player who can cover the back 4 and personally think he'll be starting for the next few seasons to come with VVD, hopefully no more big injury's...

How many CBs do you expect us to have? We've got 3 senior and the 4th make shift back up injured. That's not a normal scenario.

Willliam's wouldn't even be training with the seniors if we had half a defence.

Phillips would make an Ok 4th choice CB for me.

Kev0909
1st February 2021, 04:46 PM
That's my point Jozza we're going to be overloaded with them

Obviously VVD and gomez won't go anywhere, noone will buy Matip and we're signing Davies and Kabak today- it looks nailed on anwyay so that's five already.

Doubt we'd sign kabak if we ever thought Williams would be good enough.

ianlfc
1st February 2021, 04:53 PM
You're absolutely correct in everything you wrote in this post

" friends " 😂😂😂

Kev0909
1st February 2021, 04:56 PM
" friends " ������

Starting to think they're the same person

Never understanding and putting words into your mouth

skyebo
1st February 2021, 05:07 PM
Hopefully no more square pegs in round holes if both signings go through.

Balinkay
1st February 2021, 05:22 PM
Starting to think they're the same person

Never understanding and putting words into your mouth

I try to give you the benefit of the doubt as much as I can so I'm forced to interpret your... musings... in as sane a manner as possible. As you can tell, that's often a very long stretch. :D

fiordearg
1st February 2021, 08:48 PM
I'm fine with these cb signings. Low risk and possible high return. It also means we probably won't rush players back if they work out

Insidious
1st February 2021, 08:53 PM
I'm fine with these cb signings. Low risk and possible high return. It also means we probably won't rush players back if they work out

That's huge for me.

I want Van Dijk and Gomez to come back right moreso than I want them to come back quickly - same goes for Keita and our alleged attempt to address the underlying issue that causes his groin troubles.

The prospect of free-ing up Fabinho for midfield duty next season is also encouraging - he'll probably end up playing both in defence and in midfield, but simply having the option at all again will be great.

miller0863
1st February 2021, 09:01 PM
He’s officially signed, the club have released the obligatory pic of him in a Liverpool shirt.

Kev0909
1st February 2021, 09:04 PM
Gonna win the league

miller0863
1st February 2021, 09:06 PM
We might well do Kev, we might well do

Insidious
1st February 2021, 09:10 PM
He’s officially signed, the club have released the obligatory pic of him in a Liverpool shirt.

I miss the LEANING pictures we used to get, arms folded.

Meme-worthy stuff.

justme
1st February 2021, 09:12 PM
Long term deal, how long is that? :D

Balinkay
1st February 2021, 09:14 PM
https://d3j2s6hdd6a7rg.cloudfront.net/v2/uploads/media/default/0002/18/8dcb023d7d8b5fce396aa5dc989c6aad29b591a9.jpeg

miller0863
1st February 2021, 09:16 PM
He joins a long line of famous Liverpool No 28’s.

Insidious
1st February 2021, 09:36 PM
Long term deal, how long is that? :D

I think Ornstein or someone like that said five years - will try to retrace steps.

Balinkay
1st February 2021, 09:37 PM
Errr... pardon my ignorance, but does he? I can only think of Ings. :confused:

Balinkay
1st February 2021, 09:37 PM
I think Ornstein or someone like that said five years - will try to retrace steps.

Also heard five years. Not sure from where.

miller0863
1st February 2021, 09:45 PM
Being facetious Bali

teesred
1st February 2021, 10:03 PM
He joins a long line of famous Liverpool No 28’s.

😄😆I love the way Bali fell for that!

Kev0909
1st February 2021, 10:05 PM
Are we expecting this lad to come straight into the team with injury's then ??

Surely if we're buying in Jan even if it's cheap- it's because of the problems we have at CB??

Will be interesting v City...

It's a weird one Kabak is clearly more of a future signing (because apparently when your 19-20 your expected to be dogshit), and this guy has to be for now? best we could get, or.. well cheapest

forget just the league, double here we come!

miller0863
1st February 2021, 10:10 PM
Think we’ll see Phillips and Henderson v Brighton and if fit, Fabinho and Phillips v City. By then they will both have had a couple of weeks of training with the squad and we may see one.

Kev0909
1st February 2021, 10:13 PM
Think we’ll see Phillips and Henderson v Brighton and if fit, Fabinho and Phillips v City. By then they will both have had a couple of weeks of training with the squad and we may see one.

Fabinho probably will end up getting used more at cb than the new signings, but who knows, I hope not.

Balinkay
1st February 2021, 10:14 PM
GOd DAmmit! :mad: :D "Hook, line and sinker" as you say.

RedNoodle
1st February 2021, 10:15 PM
Gonna win the league

I know you're back up into the CL places, but a few dodgy weeks could mean you end up duking it out with BlackSalmon and Justme (if he decides to join in again) to not finish bottom.

miller0863
1st February 2021, 10:24 PM
The last player we signed who had previously played for Barrow, was Emlyn Hughes. That turned out quite well.

Steveo
1st February 2021, 10:35 PM
Crazy Horse... oh yes hope he is half as good and we have a corker..

RedNoodle
1st February 2021, 10:38 PM
Crazy Horse... oh yes hope he is half as good and we have a corker..

Hopefully not a Steven Caulker.

Balinkay
1st February 2021, 10:58 PM
Hopefully not a Steven Caulker.

Hey, he played up top in that 5-4 game agains Norwich! I'll have no ill spoken of him! :mad:

retired
1st February 2021, 11:14 PM
If Ben Davies turns out as good a buy as Robbo, he will join a long line of great players this club has signed from
lower div. in the 70's and 80's. With better coaching and surrounded by better players both Davies and Kabak will be
far better players at the start of next season, we just have to trust the system, Edwards and Mr. Klopp.
Just looking at a short vid. Kabak he has a look of Mascherano about him, he says VVD is his idol, so can't wait
for him to for a corner against Everton and t rex.

teesred
1st February 2021, 11:41 PM
I was reading about Caulker recently, hes playing in Turkey and seems to have turned his life around. He had big problems what at LFC,big gambling addiction amongst other things.
Said he's as happy as he's ever been. Would love to come back to Englesi one day. Fair play to him for getting back on track.

Insidious
1st February 2021, 11:44 PM
I was reading about Caulker recently, hes playing in Turkey and seems to have turned his life around. He had big problems what at LFC,big gambling addiction amongst other things.
Said he's as happy as he's ever been. Would love to come back to Englesi one day. Fair play to him for getting back on track.

I bloody love hearing stuff like this.

teesred
2nd February 2021, 12:13 AM
I bloody love hearing stuff like this.

Me too. I was glad for him.
He's learnt quite a bit of the lingo and has his family out there with him. Looks like he's got a pretty cool life outside of the football too, a nice pace of life.

CCTV
2nd February 2021, 12:23 AM
The opportunity that is in front of me is incredible. I’d be silly to not make the most of it and learn off the players....

That's the spirit

Nineteenx
2nd February 2021, 01:12 AM
The opportunity that is in front of me is incredible. I’d be silly to not make the most of it and learn off the players....

That's the spirit

It certainly is, could be another Robbo type success story, i've had a look and Warnock did some very positive analysis of him on Sky.

He has lots and lots of games and time served experience as a defender which i like, looks to make good decisions and take good positions and he has a pretty useful and cultured left foot

The challenge is to get him to Premier League fitness levels and if and how quickly he can adapt to the additional speed of it

Looks very promising and at 1.6m a bargain

Insidious
2nd February 2021, 01:16 AM
You touch on the games Nineteen - I'm actually really excited to see what he can bring in terms of experience coping with different types and how quickly he might learn - not all that many players have played National League, League Two, League One and Championship footie prior to arriving to us I'd imagine!

fiordearg
2nd February 2021, 01:18 AM
Robbo was given time to adapt to the Klopp way. Davies is in at the deep end. All we can and should expect is competency in his position with World class players around him

Nineteenx
2nd February 2021, 01:21 AM
You touch on the games Nineteen - I'm actually really excited to see what he can bring in terms of experience coping with different types and how quickly he might learn - not all that many players have played National League, League Two, League One and Championship footie prior to arriving to us I'd imagine!

If we can get him to the level the distribution from the back in Virgil's absence will be greatly improved without having to play Captain Fantastic there

redebreck
3rd February 2021, 08:33 PM
If Ben Davies turns out as good a buy as Robbo, he will join a long line of great players this club has signed from
lower div. in the 70's and 80's. With better coaching and surrounded by better players both Davies and Kabak will be
far better players at the start of next season, we just have to trust the system, Edwards and Mr. Klopp.
Just looking at a short vid. Kabak he has a look of Mascherano about him, he says VVD is his idol, so can't wait
for him to for a corner against Everton and t rex.

Yes, we had some amazing signings from lower levels, also Scotland (Ian St. John, Ron Yeats for example).
Keegan, Clemence, Neal. Absolute corkers, many of them.
How things have changed!

skyebo
3rd February 2021, 08:43 PM
Yes, we had some amazing signings from lower levels, also Scotland (Ian St. John, Ron Yeats for example).
Keegan, Clemence, Neal. Absolute corkers, many of them.
How things have changed!

Hansen and Nicol also bought from the smaller scottish clubs.

CCTV
3rd February 2021, 08:58 PM
Sat on the bench, studying the game, hope he gets a few mins and takes part in a win

Steveo
3rd February 2021, 09:01 PM
Sat on the bench, studying the game, hope he gets a few mins and takes part in a win

That would be grand.

Kev0909
3rd February 2021, 11:35 PM
Yep so glad he's on the bench while henderson plays CM and midfield being shite and knackered

not like we did that much defending and when we did was useless anyway

Nineteenx
3rd February 2021, 11:38 PM
Needs to start on Sunday with Hendo back in midfield so we have a defender who can play the longer passes from there

miller0863
3rd February 2021, 11:42 PM
I don’t think it matters who we play on Saturday, we won’t see much of the ball anyway. Maybe we should play like Burnley and Brighton and hope to hit them on the break or with a dead ball.
They’re flying, no crowd to help us, we have no confidence and no energy.

Steveo
4th February 2021, 12:13 AM
You never know - we are as likely to turn up and play with freedom and no pressure. Doubtful as we need the 3 points far more than they do but football is a funny old game.

dicko1969
4th February 2021, 01:48 AM
Could get hammered again.
Tough decisions for klopp who to play at CB pairing.

If it goes wrong what ever selection it will be criticised.

I really dont see both the new CBs starting. Massive risk.
Both forvthe result and confidence.

teesred
4th February 2021, 01:59 AM
Could get hammered again.
Tough decisions for klopp who to play at CB pairing.

If it goes wrong what ever selection it will be criticised.

I really dont see both the new CBs starting. Massive risk.
Both forvthe result and confidence.

It would have made sense for Davies to play tonight at home to Brighton so we could get Hendo back n midfield. There isnt going to be many other games at home that would be a kind of ease in type.