PDA

View Full Version : Your team v Man City

Insidious
3rd February 2021, 11:05 PM
We saw shoots of recovery in the West Ham and Tottenham games, but it's very clear there is still some rot in the plant.

Assuming Mane and Fabinho are still injured -

.........................Alisson

Trent...Phillips.....Kabak...Robertson

.......................Wijnaldum

................Henderson.......Thiago

...Salah...........Firmino..........Shaqiri

Honestly there's 4 or 5 of them I'd rather not play after that display but until Mane/Fabinho/Jota are back, our options look a bit limited.

Have tossed Kabak in early. Henderson is desperately needed in midfield at this stage and Kabak is renowned for having some fight in him, which we need. West Ham and Everton are a bit close for comfort just now.

justme
3rd February 2021, 11:06 PM
We saw shoots of recovery in the West Ham and Tottenham games, but it's very clear there is still some rot in the plant.

Assuming Mane and Fabinho are still injured -

.........................Alisson

Trent...Phillips.....Kabak...Robertson

.......................Wijnaldum

................Henderson.......Thiago

...Salah...........Firmino..........Shaqiri

Honestly there's 4 or 5 of them I'd rather not play after that display but until Mane/Fabinho/Jota are back, our options look a bit limited.

Have tossed Kabak in early. Henderson is desperately needed in midfield at this stage and Kabak is renowned for having some fight in him, which we need. West Ham and Everton are a bit close for comfort just now.

Wow you really are quick at typing. I asked in match day thread for you to post your team vs Man-city

Nineteenx
3rd February 2021, 11:16 PM
No way I'd play Shaq as LFWD after that display, it was fucking woeful, absolutely fucking woeful, we need a player who will offer the movement and runs in behind in that position, Ox is the only one of our players to ever come in for Mane and offer that, so Ox at LFWD for me, it just fucks us up and makes us easier to defend when we don't have those runs in behind, a player coming short and consistently passing backwards as Shaq, Origi and Jota have all done when played there just isn't any good to us

I'm going with the 2 new CBs, fuck it

Alisson

Trent Kabak Davies Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Oxlade

Insidious
3rd February 2021, 11:17 PM
Wow you really are quick at typing. I asked in match day thread for you to post your team vs Man-city

Copy/paste the team text with all the dots takes about a second.

Predictive text means a couple of sentences takes a further 20 seconds or so.

Takes one of our throw-ins and a corner to type it and store it to clipboard.

Copy, paste. We're talking 45-90 seconds for the lot, done over the course of maybe two throw-ins and the ball being out of play for a corner and I miss none of the in-play aspect of the game.

LEGS
3rd February 2021, 11:20 PM
Is Mane due back ?

Insidious
3rd February 2021, 11:22 PM
Is Mane due back ?

In theory, yes - and needless to say I would have him in my side if he is, as would pretty much everyone.

Kev0909
3rd February 2021, 11:25 PM
Wonder if Allison will recover from a dodgy kebab

is it me or has he put on weight?

miller0863
3rd February 2021, 11:25 PM
No chance I’d start Shaq and we won’t start with those two at CB. Either Henderson or Fabinho will be one of them.

Jones also deserves a start, Thiago and Wijnaldum did absolutely nothing tonight.

I just hope Fab’s back at CB, Henderson and Jones are two of the midfielders and Mané is back.

Unfortunately we have no choice but to play Bobby, we have absolutely no alternative until Jota is back.

RedNoodle
3rd February 2021, 11:26 PM
This isn't me having a go at you Sid, but ........

Who ..... gives ..... a ..... f***?!?!?

Insidious
3rd February 2021, 11:28 PM
No chance I’d start Shaq and we won’t start with those two at CB. Either Henderson or Fabinho will be one of them.

Suspect I might feel the same in the Morning to be fair, though after that abject display I'd be inclined to throw caution to the wind right now.

CCTV
3rd February 2021, 11:28 PM
.............Kelleher
Trent Philips Hendo Robbo
......Milner Gini Thiago
... ..Shaq Salah Mane

Jones on for Mane, if Mane can't start.

dicko1969
3rd February 2021, 11:47 PM
A team to injure 2 of their key players.
And souness and carragher in the VAR room.
Cheers

dicko1969
3rd February 2021, 11:47 PM
.............Kelleher
Trent Philips Hendo Robbo
......Milner Gini Thiago
... ..Shaq Salah Mane

Jones on for Mane, if Mane can't start.

Shaqiri the pacey winger lol

dicko1969
3rd February 2021, 11:49 PM
Alisson
TAA Davies Fabinho Robertson

Henderson Thiago Oxlade

Salah Firmino Mane

dicko1969
3rd February 2021, 11:50 PM
Edit Jones for Thiago or Oxlade
Hendo cdm

ianlfc
3rd February 2021, 11:55 PM
I'd get the Turk in as soon as possible and get him ready for the Champions league. The leagues gone and Henderson is massively missed in midfield along with Fabinho.

skyebo
4th February 2021, 01:14 AM
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Phillips
Kabak
Robertson
Henderson
Fabinho
Wijnaldum
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Kelleher Williams N Tsimikas Davies Milner
Thiago Jones Oxlade-Chamberlain Origi

justme
4th February 2021, 01:31 AM
i would play a front 3 of Origi/Salah/Mane.
Kabak and Henderson as the centre back pairing

Wijnaldum/Thiago/Jones.

Jenson78
4th February 2021, 01:38 AM
........................................Alisson... .......................................
................Phillips...............Thiago..... .........Davies...................
TAA............................................... ..........................Robertson
...............Henderson..........Fabinho ............Jones.....................
.............................Salah................ .Mane...............................

dicko1969
4th February 2021, 01:41 AM
Not sure what happened to your line up Jenson

dicko1969
4th February 2021, 01:41 AM
Robbo cdm ?

Steveo
4th February 2021, 01:43 AM
Alisson up top - as a battering ram.

dicko1969
4th February 2021, 01:46 AM
Maybe that's it

...... Thiago .....

Oxlade Davies Kabak Shaqiri

TAA Keita Jones

Salah ALISSON Origi

Good team that we can play out from the GK

Kev0909
4th February 2021, 02:07 AM
Maybe that's it

...... Thiago .....

Oxlade Davies Kabak Shaqiri

TAA Keita Jones

Salah ALISSON Origi

Good team that we can play out from the GK

Joking aren't you? Allison has had to many kebabs, he's only in goal because he's that fat kid at school that got bullied

dicko1969
4th February 2021, 07:47 AM
It will be very interesting to see the line up.

I expect oxlade to start.
Henderson at CB if Fabinho isnt back.

I hope Fabinho Mane and Alisson all back.

Alisson

TAA Kabak Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Oxlade

Salah Firmino Mane

jr81
4th February 2021, 09:09 AM
Anyone know the last time we lost 3 in a row at Anfield?

LEGS
4th February 2021, 09:37 AM
It will be very interesting to see the line up.

I expect oxlade to start.
Henderson at CB if Fabinho isnt back.

I hope Fabinho Mane and Alisson all back.

Alisson

TAA Kabak Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Oxlade

Salah Firmino Mane

Almost take out Ox for Gini and thats my team.

Of course it wont happen as someone else is bound to get injured.

jozza800
4th February 2021, 09:46 AM
i would play a front 3 of Origi/Salah/Mane.
Kabak and Henderson as the centre back pairing

Wijnaldum/Thiago/Jones.

Why would you drop Phillips? He was the only player along with the keeper to come away with any credit last night. You could throw a shit covered hat over the rest of them.

Injuries are one thing and obviosly having a makeshift lineup doesnt help but we should at least be putting the fucking effort in. Where the fuck has the 'rock and roll' football gone?

Steveo
4th February 2021, 10:44 AM
Heavy Metal football is one thing..

If we really could get to Rock N Roll - the next level - the real stuff - Like Chuck Berry - then we really could roll over Beethoven

https://youtu.be/kKlzUKLOm_U

Listen to that.... Never gets old..

Kev0909
4th February 2021, 11:45 AM
Heavy Metal football is one thing..

If we really could get to Rock N Roll - the next level - the real stuff - Like Chuck Berry - then we really could roll over Beethoven

Listen to that.... Never gets old..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-fWDrZSiZs&ab_channel=DidoVEVO

Think it'll be more like this against city & league title

Going down with the ship :triumphant:

skyebo
4th February 2021, 12:17 PM
Anyone know the last time we lost 3 in a row at Anfield?

1984 under Joe Fagan, it was mentioned last night during commentary.

reddownunder
4th February 2021, 01:05 PM
Alisson
Trent Phillips Davies Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Thiago
Salah Firmino Mane

jr81
4th February 2021, 02:13 PM
1984 under Joe Fagan, it was mentioned last night during commentary.

Sound.

Hopefully mane, allisson and Fabinho are back. More options and closer to our stolrongest side.

ianlfc
5th February 2021, 11:59 AM
Are City definitely without KDB and Aguero?

skyebo
5th February 2021, 12:59 PM

Almost certain of it.

Kev0909
5th February 2021, 01:24 PM

Aguero has been missing most of the season tbh, and KDB hasn't been at his best so I don't think it makes much difference :frown:

Nineteenx
5th February 2021, 05:40 PM
Looks like Big Bear, Mane and Fab will all be back, i'm including Davies for his distribution and because he's played UAE FC already this season with Preston and played well and Fab at RCB because of how well he's defended there against Werner, Sterling, Rashford, Zaha and others this season

Alisson

Trent Fabinho Davies Robertson

Salah Firmino Mane

Subs that might actually be worth using: Oxlade, Jones, Milner, Kabak, Shaqiri

Let's score some goals, be brave, not brave for 25 minutes before bizarrely reverting to a formation none of the lads have played, get the win and another vital 3 points

Let's also remember but for VAR we'd STILL be top despite everything else and how that corruption affected our form. We're still a brilliant football team, let's beat these twats

faridtoxteth
5th February 2021, 10:16 PM
Looks like Big Bear, Mane and Fab will all be back, i'm including Davies for his distribution and because he's played UAE FC already this season with Preston and played well and Fab at RCB because of how well he's defended there against Werner, Sterling, Rashford, Zaha and others this season

Alisson

Trent Fabinho Davies Robertson

Salah Firmino Mane

Subs that might actually be worth using: Oxlade, Jones, Milner, Kabak, Shaqiri

Let's score some goals, be brave, not brave for 25 minutes before bizarrely reverting to a formation none of the lads have played, get the win and another vital 3 points

Let's also remember but for VAR we'd STILL be top despite everything else and how that corruption affected our form. We're still a brilliant football team, let's beat these twats

I would agree with that selection except I would put Kabak in ahead of Davies. think he has got more experience of big matches. Think him and Fab will be beasts.

Artisan
6th February 2021, 10:44 AM
Alisson
Trent Phillips Davies Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Thiago
Salah Firmino Mane

+1

Wether its Davies /Kabak alongside Phillips we need Fab back in the middle with Hendo and Thiago. That would be mouthwatering.

Steveo
6th February 2021, 12:22 PM
+1

Wether its Davies /Kabak alongside Phillips we need Fab back in the middle with Hendo and Thiago. That would be mouthwatering.

We all want to see it....probably too early to play both newcomers v City on Sunday - but we know Klopp.... He just might

miller0863
6th February 2021, 12:49 PM
Really can’t see it mate. My money is on Kabak and Fabinho.

Artisan
6th February 2021, 12:56 PM
We all want to see it....probably too early to play both newcomers v City on Sunday - but we know Klopp.... He just might

Thats what i meant mate, one or t'offer not both...Im quite exited to see Kabak if i'm honest...

Artisan
6th February 2021, 12:59 PM

Im praying for Phillips/Kabak with Fab in the middle...Shit or bust time i think.

miller0863
6th February 2021, 01:46 PM
Phillips is great in the air but not so great at defending the way City play, quick interpassing and movement, Fab is excellent one v one, reckon he’ll be at CB if he’s fit.

Kev0909
6th February 2021, 01:48 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if we turned up for this game, and then go to complete shit again the next for whatever reason(s)

LEGS
6th February 2021, 02:01 PM

That is the way id go too.

ianlfc
6th February 2021, 03:58 PM

Fuck it, yeah me as well. Though if it was a computer game I'd have Philips and Kabak.

skyebo
6th February 2021, 04:08 PM
Fuck it, yeah me as well. Though if it was a computer game I'd have Philips and Kabak.

That's the pairing i've gone for, so it won't be that one lol

fiordearg
6th February 2021, 11:05 PM
Allison, Trent, Kabak, Fabinho, Robertson, Henderson, Thiago, Wjinaldum, Salah, Firmino, Mane

miller0863
6th February 2021, 11:17 PM
Yep, that’ll do fior.

Nineteenx
7th February 2021, 12:35 AM
No excuses, no mind boggling reverting to systems we've never played, i expect our lads to be Liverpool at their very best and win

justme
7th February 2021, 12:37 AM
We always play 4/3/3

Nineteenx
7th February 2021, 01:10 AM
We always play 4/3/3

No we don't, we played a diamond v West Ham, last game v UAE FC we were 'brave' for all of 25 minutes then reverted to a 442 with 2 players in positions that made no sense to that game or their history of performing far better and more frequently in the position the other one was in, Jurgen admitting himself after the game their goal and penalty were the result of mistakes because the team had only played that formation once or twice, well that's once or twice more than i can ever remember us playing it, absolute lunacy

TheDOC1979
7th February 2021, 01:27 PM
Have a funny feeling we’ll beat these lot today

Steveo
7th February 2021, 01:34 PM

Pressure is on them after recent results BUT our confidence is not at its best. Either way lets just go out and destroy the light blue shite.

TheDOC1979
7th February 2021, 01:44 PM
Pressure is on them after recent results BUT our confidence is not at its best. Either way lets just go out and destroy the light blue shite.

Confidence was battered when we played Spurs, albeit a shockingly poor defensive display from them.

Would like to see one of the two CB come in. Utilise Henderson in Midfield. We need to push on from the last 6 weeks, West Ham and Spurs aside. They need it more than ever

ianlfc
7th February 2021, 01:48 PM

Jurgens record against pep especially at Anfield is very good, so why not. A little payback to remind them who's champions would be nice.

TheDOC1979
7th February 2021, 01:55 PM
Jurgens record against pep especially at Anfield is very good, so why not. A little payback to remind them who's champions would be nice.

Had a similar season a few years back where we beat the big sides and drew or lost to the bus Parkers.

Even though I’d like us to put some effort in games where we don’t lose. Maybe having the pressure off being top spot will work in our favour?

The “look you guys are top in Christmas again” can have a negative impact. It didn’t last season as we were just so far ahead.

CCTV
7th February 2021, 03:09 PM
No we don't, we played a diamond v West Ham, last game v UAE FC we were 'brave' for all of 25 minutes then reverted to a 442 with 2 players in positions that made no sense to that game or their history of performing far better and more frequently in the position the other one was in, Jurgen admitting himself after the game their goal and penalty were the result of mistakes because the team had only played that formation once or twice, well that's once or twice more than i can ever remember us playing it, absolute lunacy

We beat west ham.

CCTV
7th February 2021, 03:52 PM
We were playing a 42X setup last time v city in the opening phase/25minutes, a 424

Kev0909
7th February 2021, 03:53 PM

yep we'll probably turn up today

We blow hot and cold, it's pathetic just because they're a top team, yet don't show up against the "shite" teams

poor attitude

Steveo
7th February 2021, 04:01 PM
If we can beat them - it sends a message - a very powerful one too.

We need this one. It’s at home - we can’t lose a 3rd straight game surely.. we need to spank them today

Kev0909
7th February 2021, 04:22 PM
If we can beat them - it sends a message - a very powerful one too.

We need this one. It’s at home - we can’t lose a 3rd straight game surely.. we need to spank them today

probably beat these and leicester lose to shef utd fulham

Nineteenx
7th February 2021, 04:25 PM
Big Bear, Mane, Fainho and Kabak included in the squad, let's bum UAE FC today

justme
7th February 2021, 04:32 PM
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho, Henderson, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Jones, Thiago, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kabak, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Origi, Phillips, N. Williams.

Follow

justme
7th February 2021, 04:33 PM
If we win and they win their game in hand. they will have a 7 point lead with 15 games to go..

LEGS
7th February 2021, 04:35 PM
I just dont agree with Hendo/Fab at CB.

Nineteenx
7th February 2021, 04:36 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

Trent Fabinho Henderson Robertson

Thiago Wijnaldum Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Let's be fucking Liverpool today, let's bully them, harass and press the crap out of them until the pips squeeze, let's be at our devastatingly direct best, play our fucking switches for fucks sake, look for that switch from Trent to Robbo with the latter bombing on ahead of midfield, let's score some fucking goals today, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points.

Feel we should have gone with Kabak at CB and Hendo at CM, not our strongest midfield and it should have been, still, lots of scope for Hendo to play those long diagonals and balls over the top for Mane and Mo and if we're not bumming them as we absolutely should, get Kabak on for Jones and push Captain fantastic into midfield where he really should be starting

justme
7th February 2021, 04:37 PM
Its pretty much how we play all the time with the same front 3 and midfield. Hopefully Mane will offer more than either Origi or Shaq on the left. he usually does.

GizmoD12
7th February 2021, 04:41 PM
Would have played kabak...

miller0863
7th February 2021, 04:41 PM
Definitely needed as strong a midfield as possible, allowing City to have the ball in midfield is a recipe for disaster

ianlfc
7th February 2021, 04:45 PM
Jesus on the bench, so Sterling up the middle ?
Pep trying to be a smart arse ? I guess we'll see after the game.

ianlfc
7th February 2021, 04:46 PM
Definitely needed as strong a midfield as possible, allowing City to have the ball in midfield is a recipe for disaster
just clear it fucking long and bypass the midfield !!

Nineteenx

Agree, I said from day one that in Virgil's absence the best way to protect our defence was and always will be to play our strongest possible midfield, when they press at their best combined with our forwards and full backs, most teams barely get a look at our defence

Edit: It's the best way to support our forwards and full backs playing at their best also

Insidious
I just dont agree with Hendo/Fab at CB.

Who would you have picked?

Don't get me wrong here, I know people want Hendo and Fabinho in midfield. It makes total sense. So by no means a dig.

But with how little time our new signings have been with us it would be too soon (rhythm/chemistry) to put them in most likely. If we had Davies and Kabak as a pair and one steps up while the other drops off, City are in.

Would you have had Phillips plus Fab say, to free Hendo up, so we get at least one of them into the central three?

Steveo
7th February 2021, 04:53 PM
It’s a good lineup - can see why he has put Hendo in there - would prefer to see him and Fab in the middle but we can’t throw both newcomers in there for this.

Makes sense...

Come on you big beautiful reds

LEGS
7th February 2021, 04:54 PM
Who would you have picked?

Don't get me wrong here, I know people want Hendo and Fabinho in midfield. It makes total sense. So by no means a dig.

But with how little time our new signings have been with us it would be too soon (rhythm/chemistry) to put them in most likely. If we had Davies and Kabak as a pair and one steps up while the other drops off, City are in.

Would you have had Phillips plus Fab say, to free Hendo up, so we get at least one of them into the central three?

Id have gone Kabak and Fabinho.

My comment was meant as I wouldnt play them two at CB.

Its a big game for Jones.

jozza800
7th February 2021, 04:58 PM
Gotta agree with LEGS, I would have played Phillips alongside Fab and put Henderson back in midfield.

I hope I'm wrong but I think Klopp's got it wrong here.

Insidious
7th February 2021, 04:58 PM
Id have gone Kabak and Fabinho.

My comment was meant as I wouldnt play them two at CB.

Its a big game for Jones.

Appreciate that LEGS, cheers.

Massive for Jones, yeah. Hope he gets an opportunity or two to drive into space. He'll have inconsistent performances as he develops but he is willing to give things a go.

Think the Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday before Leicester will give the chance to get Kabak into the fold.

Steveo
7th February 2021, 04:59 PM
@Jozza personally I would worry with Phillips against City. But time will tell..

faridtoxteth
7th February 2021, 05:00 PM
Well it could have been worse.
Maybe Kabak will come on. You have to trust Jurgen that if he isn't playing Kabak then it's for a reason, he isn't quite up to speed in some area.
I am a bit concerned that adrian is our back up goalie, what happened to Kelleher?

justme
7th February 2021, 05:04 PM
Klopp tends to designate players to positions. Henderson is now the centre back.and thats it.. He wont change until Klopp thinks are backline is back to its full strength. otherwise he wont alter the players who are already in position

Nineteenx
7th February 2021, 05:07 PM
just clear it fucking long and bypass the midfield !!

Long diagonals from Trent and Hendo for Mo and Mane and Trent back to his best on his right to left switches for Robbo bursting past our midfield from deep

HLOGI
7th February 2021, 05:15 PM
Klopp doesn't instill confidence in the players that are outside I'd his core group.

Phillips played well, dropped immediately as soon as 2 midfielders are available to play CB. Kabak signed but has to watch 2 midfielders play ahead of him.

Klopp only uses you if desperate (Origi, Shaqiri etc. Recently Phillips, Rhys Williams, Minamino)

Kev0909
7th February 2021, 05:16 PM
Glad we've got cover for CB on the bench lols

HLOGI
7th February 2021, 05:18 PM
Klopp tends to designate players to positions. Henderson is now the centre back.and thats it.. He wont change until Klopp thinks are backline is back to its full strength. otherwise he wont alter the players who are already in position

Sacrificing the midfield has been what has cost us the most. Since Van Dijk got injured we have not shipped too many goals but have been bullied in the midfield and also have offered less as a team. Team has been less cohesive because of the injuries but also and maybe more due to decision Klopp has made around the Centre Backs/Midfield.

justme
7th February 2021, 05:20 PM
Sacrificing the midfield has been what has cost us the most. Since Van Dijk got injured we have not shipped too many goals but have been bullied in the midfield and also have offered less as a team. Team has been less cohesive because of the injuries but also and maybe more due to decision Klopp has made around the Centre Backs/Midfield.
I just think we have been crap.. in attack. teams have worked us out.