Alisson
Trent Kabak Fabinho Robbo
Shaq Hendo Thiago Jones
Salah Mane

Subs: Milner, Davies, Gini, Bobby etc

justme
7th February 2021, 07:54 PM
sorry.

No more Fabinho at centre back either. Just go back to the trusted. Fabinho/Henderson/Wijnaldum combination. Davies and kabak have to get use to each other.

miller0863
7th February 2021, 07:56 PM
No start for Thiago either thanks, less effective than young Curtis today.

Kev0909
Vardy's going to have a party

justme
Give Thiago back to Bayern

CCTV
7th February 2021, 08:02 PM
sorry.

No more Fabinho at centre back either. Just go back to the trusted. Fabinho/Henderson/Wijnaldum combination. Davies and kabak have to get use to each other.

Are you going 433, Bobby Cf ?

CCTV
7th February 2021, 08:03 PM
No start for Thiago either thanks, less effective than young Curtis today.

Curtis was on it second half today imo, why he gets a start in my team

skyebo
7th February 2021, 08:04 PM
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Kabak
Davies
Robertson
Henderson
Fabinho
Jones
Salah
Firmino
Mane

May as well see what the new guys can do, now the title's gone.

Nineteenx
7th February 2021, 08:06 PM
Team that should have started today, playing like the Liverpool side who won 4 trophies, not like UAE FC last season

Alisson

Trent Kabak Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Be direct, play the ball early when it's on, play the switches, play the balls over the top, get back in that groove, the time for developing the possession side of it is when we're 2-0 up so can't get done by a late goal or a wrong late VAR call, and teams have to come and press us and then Thiago can prompt different movement and variation of movement playing his balls, and should otherwise be played as the attacking mid of the 3 creating the required relationship and understanding with the front 3 and be under strict instructions not to overplay and to use his incredible skills to play the ball as early as often as possible

justme
7th February 2021, 08:06 PM
Are you going 433, Bobby Cf ?

I dunno. he will play no matter what. But when Jota is fit. I'd play Mane up the middle

CCTV
7th February 2021, 08:09 PM
I dunno. he will play no matter what. But when Jota is fit. I'd play Mane up the middle

What would you pick ?

justme
7th February 2021, 08:12 PM
For the next game?? Origi on the left. Either Mane or Salah up the top. Or Mane/Salah right..

I think Henderson pressing forward will be a better option. He and Wijnadlum in a 2. and Fabinho sitting.

CCTV
7th February 2021, 08:13 PM
For the next game?? Origi on the left. Either Mane or Salah up the top. Or Mane/Salah right..

I think Henderson pressing forward will be a better option. He and Wijnadlum in a 2. and Fabinho sitting.

Cool

reddownunder
7th February 2021, 09:47 PM
Alisson
Trent Kabak Davies Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Jones
Salah Firmino Mane

Kev0909
8th February 2021, 12:55 AM
Don't think allison should start if he's still " Ill" because he must of been Ill today...

Nineteenx
8th February 2021, 06:50 AM
It's Leicester, it's like having another game v Spurs

HLOGI
8th February 2021, 09:05 AM
Alisson
Henderson Fabinho Jones
Salah Firmino Mane

This but would play Phillips

Nineteenx
9th February 2021, 10:04 PM
A rarity of having almost a week to train and prepare, let's hope it's used wisely with thorough preparation for the Leicester game, getting back to doing what won us four trophies, some set pieces sans Virgil and Matip and ptb work

justme
9th February 2021, 10:08 PM
Since the league has gone. Its time to try and get a good back line again and bed in a regular partnership (injuries allowing).So why not Kabak and Davies? or one of them 2.

scientificred
9th February 2021, 10:10 PM
Agreed but Kelleher in goal.
Alison looked shot and Kelleher has impressed

LEGS
9th February 2021, 11:04 PM
Agreed but Kelleher in goal.
Alison looked shot and Kelleher has impressed

Where is Kelleher he wasnt on the bench last week.

Im backing Alisson something wasnt right on Sunday with him he almost messed up twice in first half.

Alisson
TAA
Kabak
Fabinho
Robbo
Hendo
Thiago
Jones
Salah
Mane
Firmino

scientificred
9th February 2021, 11:35 PM
Where is Kelleher he wasnt on the bench last week.

Im backing Alisson something wasnt right on Sunday with him he almost messed up twice in first half.

Alisson
TAA
Kabak
Fabinho
Robbo
Hendo
Thiago
Jones
Salah
Mane
Firmino
He messed up before he messed up on both occasions on both goals involving bad passes with bad passes and the last goal was straight at him.
I am a great supporter of goalkeepers but something is not right with Alison and I think Kelleher shows great promise and deserves the gloves right now

LEGS
9th February 2021, 11:50 PM
He messed up before he messed up on both occasions on both goals involving bad passes with bad passes and the last goal was straight at him.
I am a great supporter of goalkeepers but something is not right with Alison and I think Kelleher shows great promise and deserves the gloves right now

As I said Kelleher wasn’t on the bench so he is either injured or ill.

Alisson had a shocker no getting away from that but let’s be right we’d be dropping others before him as well !

I just think Alisson will come good good and Klopp obviously agrees with his comments after the game.

Some rumours were Alisson banged his head in training but we have said he is ill so we have to go with that but he defo wasn’t right and as keeper all errors usually lead to goals.

The nightmare is Adrian being in goal that absolutely cannot happen.

scientificred
10th February 2021, 12:07 AM
As I said Kelleher wasn’t on the bench so he is either injured or ill.

Alisson had a shocker no getting away from that but let’s be right we’d be dropping others before him as well !

I just think Alisson will come good good and Klopp obviously agrees with his comments after the game.

Some rumours were Alisson banged his head in training but we have said he is ill so we have to go with that but he defo wasn’t right and as keeper all errors usually lead to goals.

The nightmare is Adrian being in goal that absolutely cannot happen.
Play Adrian

Nineteenx
10th February 2021, 08:06 AM
Nothing wrong with Alisson, just had a mare that game it happens to all players sometimes

Gini Hendo and Thiago in midfield for me all day long,no surprise our best performances this season have had that 2 or Gini with any one of the players who played that fluid 3 last season plus Thiago, Gini and Hendo both play at their highest levels when in midfield together too, they understand each other really well

LEGS
10th February 2021, 09:35 AM
Play Adrian

After his last showing at Villa im not sure we'll be doing that mate.

RedNoodle
10th February 2021, 10:32 AM
The fact that Adrian is still at our club sums up in a nutshell why we are having issues and are likely to continue having them.

ianlfc
10th February 2021, 10:51 AM
Nothing wrong with Alisson, just had a mare that game it happens to all players sometimes
Fabinho Hendo and Thiago in midfield for me all day long,no surprise our best performances this season have had that 2 or Gini with any one of the players who played that fluid 3 last season plus Thiago, Fabinho and Hendo both play at their highest levels when in midfield together too, they understand each other really well
I fixed that as we all know that's what you really meant 😅😅

Kev0909
10th February 2021, 11:09 AM
"nothing wrong with allison"

Maybe, but that was one of the worst GK performances i've seen, just a good job it wasn't champions league final / offside goal wasn't a goal was such a pathetic attempt of a save level otherwise it would of beaten Karius.

Obviously was something wrong with him, probably still "ill"

LEGS
10th February 2021, 11:34 AM
I think something wasnt right Sunday as you say Kev.

He did it 4 times at least makes me wonder if Kelleher was available would he have started ??

Rumours we going around both keepers banged heads that sounded mental and I refused to believe that BUT Kelleher not on the bench makes me think twice.

I think Noods me or you have more chance of playing than Adrian !

reddownunder
10th February 2021, 12:08 PM
Alisson is becoming increasingly injury prone so I think we need to have a decent 3rd choice option around next season. Mat Ryan wouldn't cost much and we all now how much FSG love a bargain

LEGS
10th February 2021, 12:30 PM
Alisson is becoming increasingly injury prone so I think we need to have a decent 3rd choice option around next season. Mat Ryan wouldn't cost much and we all now how much FSG love a bargain

Grabara will take that spot he has had a few loans and he is also homegrown too.

Ryan is possible if we loan Kelleher out likewise the Czech keeper at Seville is supposed to be decent.

Ben Foster could be an outside bet if Watford dont come up.

Nineteenx
10th February 2021, 02:57 PM
I fixed that as we all know that's what you really meant ����

People have short memories, Hendo Gini Milner Lallana Oxlade Matip Bobby Mane got us to 2 European finals, with Mo and Virgil helping us get to the second one, with clowns like Mig, Moreno, Karius, Lovren in tow at that,before we signed Big Bear and others think on

justme
10th February 2021, 03:05 PM
It was Fabinho being the best holding midfielder we had in a long time that helped to win us number 6. The previous year we were out numbered in midfielder against Madrid. You can look at the errors Karius did and they were mind-blowingly bad.But we had zero control of that game

Nineteenx
10th February 2021, 05:35 PM
It was Fabinho being the best holding midfielder we had in a long time that helped to win us number 6. The previous year we were out numbered in midfielder against Madrid. You can look at the errors Karius did and they were mind-blowingly bad.But we had zero control of that game

What? We were all over them until Ramos knobbled Salah, and we'd have won it but for that, Mo having to go off visibly deflated all our players and it was only after that they got in the game

Best holding midfielder the manager had to bring another player in to do half the job any DM worth their salt does without any assistance? Give over a top DM does NOT need another player brought in to do half their job, as we saw when he was out

justme
10th February 2021, 05:40 PM
Whos been brought in?? if your think Thiago hes not going to play DM role. so who else??. Fabinho would be playing the DM role if it wasnt for centre backs injuries.

skyebo
10th February 2021, 07:14 PM
Whos been brought in?? if your think Thiago hes not going to play DM role. so who else??. Fabinho would be playing the DM role if it wasnt for centre backs injuries.

He's talking about Henderson, who else. The man who doesn't assist in goals or score any, but apparently is more of a team player than Gerrard was.

Kev0909
10th February 2021, 07:41 PM
He's talking about Henderson, who else. The man who doesn't assist in goals or score any, but apparently is more of a team player than Gerrard was.

aye Come on Skyebo how many games has World Classerson won us by himself

skyebo
10th February 2021, 07:50 PM
aye some on Skyebo how many games has World Classerson won us by himself

That's a tough one Kev. but at a guess i would say none.

ianlfc
10th February 2021, 08:33 PM
That's a tough one Kev. but at a guess i would say none.

He too busy looking at his winners medals to worry !!😆😆

ianlfc
10th February 2021, 08:33 PM
I see Vardy starts tonight for Leicester.

miller0863
10th February 2021, 08:42 PM
Good. Hopefully he’ll pull something or at least play extra time and be knackered

ianlfc
10th February 2021, 08:53 PM
Good. Hopefully he’ll pull something or at least play extra time and be knackered

My thoughts exactly!!

justme
10th February 2021, 09:28 PM

Ok i was confused with what he meant by brought in

jozza800
10th February 2021, 10:47 PM
The fact that Adrian is still at our club sums up in a nutshell why we are having issues and are likely to continue having them.

Let's sign Oblak to be our number 2... While we're at, let's see if Neuer fancies being 3rd Choice...

CCTV
11th February 2021, 01:15 AM
Let's sign Oblak to be our number 2... While we're at, let's see if Neuer fancies being 3rd Choice...

Are you foppin mad ?

Neuer over Kelleher, gerrout of it :D

Nineteenx
11th February 2021, 09:08 AM

Let me see, POTY in our title winning season unquestionably for his performances at CM in which the entire football world and the tesaments of several of our own players viewed him as the driving force that made sure the standards were kept up and the wins kept coming, P15 W15 D0 L0

Personally when a player does that and outperforms the player he came in there for, in every single department and it's the fulcrum for you winning your first title in 30 years, i'm not for changing that

When something is so much better in every aspect, i'm not changing it, i don't want to go back to what was although undoubtedly very good, wasn't anywhere near as good

More goals and assists and numerous more passes before the assist than the lad he came in there for btw

The Liverpool way, player who's got the shirt, player who got POTY wearing said shirt, but i'm wrong? Yeah we'll leave it there i think

RedNoodle
11th February 2021, 10:56 AM

You can always tell when someone hasn't got a salient point to make or a rational argument to put forward when they try to make out somebody they may not agree with and/or dislike said or suggested something that they clearly didn't, and when they also make sure that it is as absurd a suggestion/at the furthest reaches of the spectrum as you can get e.g. :-

Person A:- "I don't think our owners are ploughing enough of our revenue back into the team".

Muppet A:- "So you're saying you want them to go out and get Messi, Mbappe, and Haaland in Jan despite what's happening with Covid".

:rolleyes:

jozza800
11th February 2021, 11:12 AM
You can always tell when someone hasn't got a salient point to make or a rational argument to put forward when they try to make out somebody they may not agree with and/or dislike said or suggested something that they clearly didn't, and when they also make sure that it is as absurd a suggestion/at the furthest reaches of the spectrum as you can get e.g. :-

Person A:- "I don't think our owners are ploughing enough of our revenue back into the team".

Muppet A:- "So you're saying you want them to go out and get Messi, Mbappe, and Haaland in Jan despite what's happening with Covid".

:rolleyes:

I underestood the point Noods.

My point was that Adrian is a perfectly serviceable back up keeper.

I think a lot of you are blowing the squad depth and investment thing way out of proportion. Of course we could do with one or two reinforcements but we're hardly left with a bunch of donkeys.

We've got a squad full of internationals.

The squad looks a bit threadbare because we've had a raft of injuries and it always looks worse when they're all from one position. Do we think City would be clear if they had no cbs?

It's certainly a far cry from when broken Joe Cole was seen as someone who was going to take us to the title under Hodgson.

And dont call me a muppet.

Frasier
11th February 2021, 11:21 AM
Let me see, POTY in our title winning season unquestionably for his performances at CM in which the entire football world and the tesaments of several of our own players viewed him as the driving force that made sure the standards were kept up and the wins kept coming, P15 W15 D0 L0

Personally when a player does that and outperforms the player he came in there for, in every single department and it's the fulcrum for you winning your first title in 30 years, i'm not for changing that

When something is so much better in every aspect, i'm not changing it, i don't want to go back to what was although undoubtedly very good, wasn't anywhere near as good

More goals and assists and numerous more passes before the assist than the lad he came in there for btw

The Liverpool way, player who's got the shirt, player who got POTY wearing said shirt, but i'm wrong? Yeah we'll leave it there i think

Henderson had a great season the year we won the title but lets not kid ourselves, he benefitted from the English media bias to get that award. Sadio Mane was our real player of the season that year.

RedNoodle
11th February 2021, 11:36 AM
I underestood the point Noods.

My point was that Adrian is a perfectly serviceable back up keeper.

I think a lot of you are blowing the squad depth and investment thing way out of proportion. Of course we could do with one or two reinforcements but we're hardly left with a bunch of donkeys.

We've got a squad full of internationals.

The squad looks a bit threadbare because we've had a raft of injuries and it always looks worse when they're all from one position. Do we think City would be clear if they had no cbs?

It's certainly a far cry from when broken Joe Cole was seen as someone who was going to take us to the title under Hodgson.

And dont call me a muppet.

You didn't make a point, you just tried to insinuate I said something I clearly didn't, whilst simultaneously making that 'lie' as preposterous sounding as possible. If you think Adrian is a good back up keeper then just say so, rather than trying (to put it politely) to put obviously false words into someone else's mouth.

A squad of Internationals often means much less than many think it does, especially when it comes to 'elite' teams, a point I repeatedly made when people were trying to make out Lucas had to be a great player because he played for Brazil. :rolleyes:

I never called you a Muppet, however even if I had, considering what you said/insinuated, there would have been a lot of worse things that I could (and many others would) have called you.

RedNoodle
11th February 2021, 08:23 PM
I see Ings has just scored again. However who needs things such as goals when you can have others on your books who have had/are having as many injury problems/don't play that much, but who don't offer that much even when they do get playing time.

At least FSG made some dosh and lowered the wage bill. Get in!!!

LEGS
11th February 2021, 08:39 PM
Ings wanted to go for first team football he wasnt getting that here.

We won one CL and one title since he left plus he spent most of his time on the treatment table.

You can copy and paste your last bit for the next year Noods as with no fans AGAIN next season it is going to be another low spend.

justme
11th February 2021, 09:11 PM
Like Legs said,, Ings himself wanted to leave.. He was never getting into the first 11. And the we play. We never play with an out and out forward. Thats why i dont think we will look at one in the summer either,. I hope i'm wrong on that

Nineteenx
12th February 2021, 09:41 AM
Henderson had a great season the year we won the title but lets not kid ourselves, he benefitted from the English media bias to get that award. Sadio Mane was our real player of the season that year.

:D English media bias in favour of Liverpool or one of our players, dear God i've heard it all now, same English media that were almost universally calling for last season to be voided to prevent us winning No19

LEGS
12th February 2021, 01:00 PM
Fabinho out injured so it looks like Hendo/Kabak.

Jota back in March and do we still count Naby ?!

reddownunder
12th February 2021, 01:10 PM

I'll be pissed if Klopp persists with Hendo at the back. The defence is already weakened so why weaken the midfield too? I'd go with:

Alisson
Milner Hendo Jones
Salah Firmino Mane

TheDOC1979
12th February 2021, 01:12 PM
Our injuries are getting ridiculous now.

LEGS
12th February 2021, 01:14 PM
I'll be pissed if Klopp persists with Hendo at the back. The defence is already weakened so why weaken the midfield too? I'd go with:

Alisson
Milner Hendo Jones
Salah Firmino Mane

Its every game a new injury emerges it looks like we rushed Fabinho back for City.

I agree just give Kabak/Davies/Phillips a game.

Nineteenx
12th February 2021, 03:01 PM

Fab's fast becoming another Keita/Matip/Shaq/Ox and he's never reached the heights/form of his first season since returning from last season's injury, might be another who covid ie market depending future is considered in the summer

southernboy
12th February 2021, 03:12 PM
It really is time to use at least one of the new centre backs, for better or worse. I predict Kabak alongside Henderson.

justme
12th February 2021, 03:20 PM
We never had this many muscle injuries under our old physio makes you wonder if hes changed how the players stretch and so on.
Then again a lot of teams its happening to them as well. The congested fixtures are no good for the body.

LEGS
12th February 2021, 03:27 PM
Fab's fast becoming another Keita/Matip/Shaq/Ox and he's never reached the heights/form of his first season since returning from last season's injury, might be another who covid ie market depending future is considered in the summer

I wouldnt put him alongside them its a good job he stayed injury free from Oct-Jan otherwise we'd be in trouble.

He is a victim of having to play too many games and I also think we bought him back too early against City.

Id play both new CBs tomorrow now.

Fab wont be going anywhere and nor should he.

jozza800
12th February 2021, 03:45 PM
We never had this many muscle injuries under our old physio makes you wonder if hes changed how the players stretch and so on.
Then again a lot of teams its happening to them as well. The congested fixtures are no good for the body.

Didn't I read somewhere that we binned of this guy a few years ago due to injuries and they cleared up somewhat and he's been brought back this season?

I think the lack of pre-season probabaly doesnt help either. Other clubs are suffering as well.

jozza800
12th February 2021, 03:48 PM
I wouldnt put him alongside them its a good job he stayed injury free from Oct-Jan otherwise we'd be in trouble.

He is a victim of having to play too many games and I also think we bought him back too early against City.

Id play both new CBs tomorrow now.

Fab wont be going anywhere and nor should he.

He'll go with Hendo at the back. But I agree with you, we should be playing round pegs in round holes.

Allison

TTA - Phillips - Kabak - Robbo

Henderson - Thiago - Jones

Salah - Firmino - Mane

Rodgers' hasn't got a defensive bone in his body. We should get a bit of space in behind for a change.

scientificred
12th February 2021, 04:30 PM
Chris Morgan was with us for 11 seasons but spent the last 4 with Palace then Arsenal.
He says this about himself on hol LinkedIn profile:
"Broad but football specific experience in injury prevention, acute injury management (pitchside), rehabilitation and departmental management.

Promoter of multi-disciplinary High Performance Units and a strong believer in a strength based approach to athlete robustness and effective rehabilitation whilst using targeted Therapy techniques to maintain availability in the most physically demanding football (soccer) league in the world."

justme
12th February 2021, 04:42 PM
Didn't I read somewhere that we binned of this guy a few years ago due to injuries and they cleared up somewhat and he's been brought back this season?

I think the lack of pre-season probabaly doesnt help either. Other clubs are suffering as well.

Exactly to the latter

justme
12th February 2021, 04:44 PM
Chris Morgan was with us for 11 seasons but spent the last 4 with Palace then Arsenal.
He says this about himself on hol LinkedIn profile:
"Broad but football specific experience in injury prevention, acute injury management (pitchside), rehabilitation and departmental management.

Promoter of multi-disciplinary High Performance Units and a strong believer in a strength based approach to athlete robustness and effective rehabilitation whilst using targeted Therapy techniques to maintain availability in the most physically demanding football (soccer) league in the world."
Wow Arsenal and Palace have had long injury lists.Jota and Thiago injuries have taken longer than expected.. I wonder how the diagnostic of these players worked out??

CCTV
12th February 2021, 04:59 PM

I'd agree with Sadio, think he win the award on here, many good shouts though tbf.

RedNoodle
12th February 2021, 06:40 PM
If we play a high pressing game as we usually do, I can see Vardy getting lots of joy, possibly even a hat-trick, especially as I just saw that only two of his eleven PL goals have come at home.

Blackburn are playing tonight. What are the odds that Harvey Elliot gets a goal or assist?

skyebo
12th February 2021, 07:31 PM
If we play a high pressing game as we usually do, I can see Vardy getting lots of joy, possibly even a hat-trick, especially as I just saw that only two of his eleven PL goals have come at home.

Blackburn are playing tonight. What are the odds that Harvey Elliot gets a goal or assist?

Probably very short, seems to do either one or the other in most games.

miller0863
12th February 2021, 10:27 PM
Pretty long odds as he hasn’t played, sat and watched his teammates losing at home to Preston.

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 12:52 AM
Pretty long odds as he hasn’t played, sat and watched his teammates losing at home to Preston.

nice to see Van der berg warming the bench of preston too

Sometimes I think it's pointless loaning players out, Elliots had quite a bit of game time at least

boom-klopp
13th February 2021, 03:18 AM

brewster looked the business at swansea too and everyone was raving about him too.

championship and the premier league are totally different animals.

i’ve never been convinced by harvey. you could argue his age as a mitigating factor but even at 16, you can see glimpses of some magic you feel shows the potential of a player.

in harvey’s case i’ve never seen him do that once when he had his run outs with us.

not pacy, can’t beat a man, can’t finish. he has a “pass” on him but just where does that fit in if he’s a right forward?

i’m not getting carried away as solanke and brewster can attest to. hope i’m wrong.

boom-klopp
13th February 2021, 03:30 AM
with a midfield of gini, jones and thiago (in the wrong position), this could end in tears.

hendo is sorely missed in the middle, so just play both davies and kabak. i fear poor davies might not even get a game under klopp the way he is at the moment.

we’re not clinical at the best of times, and even more so at the moment so we need to create as many chances as possible.

i would drop trent asap and just take the chance with neco. he’s crossing a further 10-15 yrds back because of the lack of protection he is used to and his limitations are being brutally exposed this season.

pass pass side back is all you get with this midfield. really horrible.

gonna be a long lunchtime this one.

Nineteenx
13th February 2021, 10:26 AM

Or we could completely nullify their passing game a leave Vardy feeding on scraps from long balls down the channels s we have the last 3 times we've played them

This Premier League season's fucked anyway, it isn't even remotely a good spectacle it's simply a war of attrition luck and financial clout, whoever has the biggest squad of top senior pros and most of them fit for longer than anyone else will undeservedly win it, that's not top level football and a true barometer of any team of the prior 2 season's it's a complete farce and that's without mentioning the VAR

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 11:18 AM
Or we could completely nullify their passing game a leave Vardy feeding on scraps from long balls down the channels s we have the last 3 times we've played them

This Premier League season's fucked anyway, it isn't even remotely a good spectacle it's simply a war of attrition luck and financial clout, whoever has the biggest squad of top senior pros and most of them fit for longer than anyone else will undeservedly win it, that's not top level football and a true barometer of any team of the prior 2 season's it's a complete farce and that's without mentioning the VAR

Well said mate. The sooner this season is over the better.

Steveo
13th February 2021, 11:27 AM
Well said mate. The sooner this season is over the better.

Agreed.. He’s not wrong. It is a farce. I guess it gives us something to talk about beyond Covid 19 - that’s about it.

Sickened that a Manchester club will likely hoover up the title instantly after we waited 30 years but it is what it is.

In truth - considering the rest of us are all in limbo - it is just crazy to have a “football” season.

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 11:40 AM
Agreed.. He’s not wrong. It is a farce. I guess it gives us something to talk about beyond Covid 19 - that’s about it.

Sickened that a Manchester club will likely hoover up the title instantly after we waited 30 years but it is what it is.

In truth - considering the rest of us are all in limbo - it is just crazy to have a “football” season.

Also what he's saying about squad depth is a huge factor. Anyone know is that the case in the lower leagues .

Steveo
13th February 2021, 12:23 PM
Yep and that is most often the case in every league mate. Squad depth is absolutely vital - certainly if you want to compete on many fronts and aim to ride any injury crisis. This is why allowing petrodollar owners is so wrong. FFP was always going to be BS though.

We can’t compete with that (nobody expects us to) BUT we could have done more for ourselves.

Am gutted Fabinho isn’t available for this game.

RedNoodle
13th February 2021, 12:27 PM

Yes that is possible, but given the combination of who we have available to try and nullify Leicester/Vardy, and how those players/we have been playing of late, are you confident that is going to happen? I know I'm not.

For me all this "well this season doesn't matter" sloblocks needs to stop. The likes of Villa, West Ham, Southampton etc have had periods where they have done well despite not having the biggest/trongest squads, or spending lots, and even smaller teams/squads than those have put us to the sword this season. When it comes to winning the big prizes, the teams with the most money and biggest/best squads tend to be the teams that get their hands on the trophies. You and many others may not like that, but that's the way it has been for a long while now, and it's likely to continue that way for the foreseeable future.

Yes we've been unlucky with injuries this season, but it's not just that which has derailed our season, but also the fact that we've had a weak/p.poor squad for far, far too long, and despite having a golden opportunity/period to seriously beef up our squad and even improve our first XI, 'we' squandered that opportunity which left us in a position where we were relying on a small group of players who had already been playing at full throttle for a while. Anybody with sense could see that it left us very vulnerable to picking up injuries to key players, as well as the knock on effects of them.

As the saying goes :- "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail".

LEGS
13th February 2021, 12:28 PM
Also what he's saying about squad depth is a huge factor. Anyone know is that the case in the lower leagues .

Probably but one thing worth remembering is the drop off in quality isnt as big.

I mean if we lose two forwards our back up is Minimano Origi Shaqiri over a long period that is a big drop off.

Nineteen is right what he says it is a war but it could even out as players are going to continue to break down.

Nineteenx
13th February 2021, 12:29 PM
Yep and that is most often the case in every league mate. Squad depth is absolutely vital - certainly if you want to compete on many fronts and aim to ride any injury crisis. This is why allowing petrodollar owners is so wrong. FFP was always going to be BS though.

We can’t compete with that (nobody expects us to) BUT we could have done more for ourselves.

Am gutted Fabinho isn’t available for this game.

I'm fucking gutted too, it means Jurgen will probably play Hendo at CB again, when the Thiago signing was announced THE thing i was most looking forward to this season was the Gini Hendo Thiago midfield, a fluid 3 that i believe will be absolutely incredible, i've not got to see it once

Steveo
13th February 2021, 12:31 PM
Yep - Kabak starts - so should bite bullet and play Davies - put Hendo back in the middle

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 12:31 PM
why do we keep playing Milner?

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 12:32 PM
Is davies injured? or klopp rates kids before him and we got him for the bants

Only attacking option we have is Shaqiri on bench

Shocking

Steveo
13th February 2021, 12:33 PM
Alisson
Trent - Kabak - Hendo - Robbo

Gini Jones Milner

Mo Bobby Sadio

Fuck

miller0863
13th February 2021, 12:34 PM
1Alisson
66Alexander-Arnold
19Kabak
14Henderson
26Robertson
7Milner
5Wijnaldum
17Jones
11Salah
9Firmino
10Mané

Substitutes
6Thiago Alcántara
13Adrián
15Oxlade-Chamberlain
21Tsimikas
23Shaqiri
46R Williams
47Phillips
65Clarkson
76N Williams

Steveo
13th February 2021, 12:35 PM
Very strange lineup - can only hope it out foxes the Foxes. On the plus side they can’t have looked at any videos of that formation

jr81
13th February 2021, 12:35 PM
Alisson

Gini Jones Milner

Mo Bobby Sadio

Fuck

That midfield looks poor. Injuries have killed us, but it's also highlighting our squad issues.

jr81
13th February 2021, 12:36 PM
That midfield looks poor. Injuries have killed us, but it's also highlighting our squad issues.

What's the story with ox? Is he not considered a midfielder? He never starts

RedNoodle
13th February 2021, 12:37 PM
Alisson

Gini Jones Milner

Mo Bobby Sadio

Fuck

Who's the new guy up front? And more importantly is he any good?

Steveo
13th February 2021, 12:37 PM
What's the story with ox? Is he not considered a midfielder? He never starts

He is never fit - OR - he never shows in training

Steveo
13th February 2021, 12:38 PM

Hehe - not sure but he has a foot like a traction engine. :D

https://youtu.be/hzSQ3xgoh-w

HLOGI
13th February 2021, 12:40 PM

Lightweight midfield. No legs no physics. Against Ndidi (size), Barnes (pace), Maddison (guile) and Tielemans with all 3 mentioned attributes.

Klopp missing a trick again. We may win but playing without Henderson and Fabinho in midfield had been the big loss.

Hopefully everything we shoot flies in.

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 12:41 PM
Rather have henderson at CM again

What has phillips done wrong?

still have to start 35 yo milner a kid, and someone who's leaving in the summer ffs

what's the point in davies? can't even get on the bench with 500 injurys

skyebo
13th February 2021, 12:45 PM

I hope he doesn't get a red card.

miller0863
13th February 2021, 12:45 PM
Certainly not short of numbers in midfield, it’s fit numbers we’ve been short of and losing two to CB half the season.
Time to be more ruthless in the summer and move on the treatment room Charlies.

RedNoodle
13th February 2021, 12:51 PM
I hope he doesn't get a red card.

For his sake I hope not.

Nineteenx
13th February 2021, 12:59 PM
Team confirmed:

Alisson

Trent Henderson Kabak Robertson

Jones Wijnbaldum Milner

Salah Firmino Mane

This line up could work, not what any of us would have hoped for, but I'd hope and expect us to be more direct, move the ball quicker and Gini and Milner both played very well in the fluid 3 last season and that makes our press better and helps nullify Leicester's midfield.

So, Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's be as good as we can possibly be here today, be direct, move the ball forward quicker, play our switches, score goals and get the win here today and a vital 3 points

skyebo
13th February 2021, 01:00 PM

still have to start 35 yo milner a kid, and someone who's leaving in the summer ffs

He's probably wondering the same thing.

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 01:04 PM

This must be the fella who's really quick they are all talking about, when they say " he's as fast as fuck " 😃😃

LEGS
13th February 2021, 01:06 PM

Davies is injured same as Origi.

miller0863
13th February 2021, 01:12 PM
“Davies is injured” no shit hahahahahahah

skyebo
13th February 2021, 01:16 PM
Davies is injured same as Origi.

Oh right, it gets worse.

LEGS
13th February 2021, 01:23 PM
Oh right, it gets worse.

I suspected that was the case and Klopp confirmed it.

jr81
13th February 2021, 01:24 PM
He is never fit - OR - he never shows in training
Fitness in get. But he has been in the bjench for the 3 or 4 games.

Maybe it's application in training as you say. But with all our injuries surely he would be starting at some point

jr81
13th February 2021, 01:26 PM
Certainly not short of numbers in midfield, it’s fit numbers we’ve been short of and losing two to CB half the season.
Time to be more ruthless in the summer and move on the treatment room Charlies.
100% have to get ruthless and move the players constantly injured. Only problem is we have so many.