PDA

View Full Version : Referees

TheDOC1979
8th February 2021, 02:15 PM
Mike Dean getting death threats online has asked not to officiate this weekends matches.

Hate those who send crap like that online or anyone else who agrees with it.

Maybe Mike Dean needs to take some time off and reflect on his decisions as he’s been awful

southernboy
8th February 2021, 03:02 PM
I saw that. I can't condone it, but at the same time I'm not surprised by it. People take the game very seriously, and some of his decisions have been scandalous.

I see loads of ex-players are now pundits having a go at the referees, but you see very few, if any former players taking up the profession. Also, I'm surprised we don't see any foreign referees in the Premier League.

I could never be a Premier League referee, because I have so many biases. It would be very interesting to know who these referees support.

Steveo
8th February 2021, 03:51 PM
Plenty from Greater Manchester seem to officiate our games ( madness IMO). I don’t know the answer but do wonder how many Refs from Merseyside do the same for any of the Manc clubs.

GizmoD12
8th February 2021, 04:01 PM
They been given more powers more technology more money I'd assume and still getting it so wrong. U can't condone this behavior by some idiots but the rate at which these offocals make mistakes and seem to have absolutely no accountibility is astonishing.
Then they go on sky and defend the shit show.

LEGS
8th February 2021, 04:15 PM
Plenty from Greater Manchester seem to officiate our games ( madness IMO). I don’t know the answer but do wonder how many Refs from Merseyside do the same for any of the Manc clubs.

Mike Dean was ref for Man Utd v Southampton.

Dont know any others from Merseyside to be honest

ianlfc
8th February 2021, 04:24 PM
aybe Mike Dean needs to take some time off and reflect on his decisions as he’s been awful

So the cunts will have got what they wanted.
As I've said before social media is rotten to the core and people in the public eye should stay off it.

Steveo
8th February 2021, 04:27 PM
Mike Dean was ref for Man Utd v Southampton.

Dont know any others from Merseyside to be honest

Cheers..

TheDOC1979
8th February 2021, 05:01 PM
So the cunts will have got what they wanted.
As I've said before social media is rotten to the core and people in the public eye should stay off it.

He’s made a few mistakes Ian and He’s already given them what they want by taking time off.

It’s the new trend I’m afraid and the next generation is going to be awful

justme
8th February 2021, 05:24 PM
Theres lots of refs fans want to kill hypothetically. Like HOWARD WEBB.but its only meant in the heat of the moment. To go out of your way to send threating stuff online or to ones home. Is beyond the pale.

CCTV
8th February 2021, 06:13 PM
Don't condone death threats but I wouldn't pay any attention to them on social media.
More the fool imo as he's given them any credence.

ianlfc
8th February 2021, 06:18 PM
He’s made a few mistakes Ian and He’s already given them what they want by taking time off.

It’s the new trend I’m afraid and the next generation is going to be awful

He's been bloody awful, though not alone.
I've seen at first hand what's sent to footballers in DM's. Granted at a much lower level but still shocking what people think they can send.

ianlfc
8th February 2021, 06:22 PM
Don't condone death threats but I wouldn't pay any attention to them on social media.
More the fool imo as he's given them any credence.

Good forbid he took his own life over the coming days. These social media outlets have alot to answer for.

skyebo
8th February 2021, 06:27 PM
Referees have families too, and it's disgraceful what they have to contend with, both on the terraces and on social media. All because they dare to give some decisions to opposing teams. These people need weeding out, and let these referees get on doing what they are paid to do, officiate games, not take abuse.

CCTV
8th February 2021, 07:09 PM
Good forbid he took his own life over the coming days. These social media outlets have alot to answer for.

Seems a bit extreme Ian, tends to be teens and younger adults that top themselves over social media shite.

Jonathon haidt had a sad and interesting talk on the connection between the social media (FB/Twat) explosion around 2008 and an increase in self harm, depression and anxiety. Particularly in girls/teens.

ianlfc
8th February 2021, 07:27 PM
Seems a bit extreme Ian, tends to be teens and younger adults that top themselves over social media shite.

Jonathon haidt had a sad and interesting talk on the connection between the social media (FB/Twat) explosion around 2008 and an increase in self harm, depression and anxiety. Particularly in girls/teens.

I know it's extreme but you never know. And having 2 girls 17 and 20 ,I'm fully aware of what goes on in social media from the stories they tell us.
As I would tell others, the kids of today don't need to leave the house to get bullied.
No doubt Mike Dean has kids even maybe grandkids god knows what they've been sent.

CCTV
8th February 2021, 08:10 PM
I know it's extreme but you never know. And having 2 girls 17 and 20 ,I'm fully aware of what goes on in social media from the stories they tell us.
As I would tell others, the kids of today don't need to leave the house to get bullied.
No doubt Mike Dean has kids even maybe grandkids god knows what they've been sent.

Yeah its grim stuff. Find myself in a position of best not ranting away here

TheDOC1979
8th February 2021, 09:24 PM

Some of the things that happen because of online bullying lead to suicide or attempts.

The social media companies aren’t governing this properly. The racist comments on some of the posts is horrendous. To their own players.

CCTV
9th February 2021, 05:06 AM
Some of the things that happen because of online bullying lead to suicide or attempts.

The social media companies aren’t governing this properly. The racist comments on some of the posts is horrendous. To their own players.

A short reply.

Yes it may, however the processing of reality has a large part to play in peoples problems. I'd suggest resilience is in decline enabled by our new cathedral. As such people are lacking the fortitude and the guidance to deal effectively with life.

I'm a supporter of free speech in principle and would view the calls for further censorship online as a failed approach, understanding and solution. I find people who call for them to rarely be accepting of their rights being infringed upon.
As Frankly said mans last freedom is his attitude and as many have said the first is the right to speak freely.
There are lots of horrendous comments online and racism is just one element of the verbal world.

I do refrain from posting on here sometimes, simply as I don't want to put some people's noses out. If people request or indicate an intention to leave a conversation I tend to oblige and leave it be, as best as I can remember.

But the calls for governance, government and the police to investigate comments made online on devices that people can put down and on apps/sites that they can freely leave has frankly left me in a position now where I will still respect people's request to end a discussion, not drag them into one thereafter, but will post what I honestly believe about several topics that others brought up in the football forum.
To the point where these won't be requesting discussions from people above expressed an ending interst, but replying to links posts and just general thoughts.

CCTV
9th February 2021, 05:07 AM
Who've expressed

TheDOC1979
9th February 2021, 01:54 PM
A short reply.

Yes it may, however the processing of reality has a large part to play in peoples problems. I'd suggest resilience is in decline enabled by our new cathedral. As such people are lacking the fortitude and the guidance to deal effectively with life.

I'm a supporter of free speech in principle and would view the calls for further censorship online as a failed approach, understanding and solution. I find people who call for them to rarely be accepting of their rights being infringed upon.
As Frankly said mans last freedom is his attitude and as many have said the first is the right to speak freely.
There are lots of horrendous comments online and racism is just one element of the verbal world.

I do refrain from posting on here sometimes, simply as I don't want to put some people's noses out. If people request or indicate an intention to leave a conversation I tend to oblige and leave it be, as best as I can remember.

But the calls for governance, government and the police to investigate comments made online on devices that people can put down and on apps/sites that they can freely leave has frankly left me in a position now where I will still respect people's request to end a discussion, not drag them into one thereafter, but will post what I honestly believe about several topics that others brought up in the football forum.
To the point where these won't be requesting discussions from people above expressed an ending interst, but replying to links posts and just general thoughts.

Have you ever had your rights infringed upon Cc? Ridiculed for the colour of your skin or religious beliefs whilst doing your job to help support those infringing on your mere existence?

Maybe it’s for a discussion in the general forum and not a football one

CCTV
9th February 2021, 02:21 PM
Have you ever had your rights infringed upon Cc? Ridiculed for the colour of your skin or religious beliefs whilst doing your job to help support those infringing on your mere existence?

Maybe it’s for a discussion in the general forum and not a football one

The question is a little confusing.
Without the caveat which I don't fully get, yes.

Not on the scale of a person who operates in the public eye though, which has it's own benefits and drawbacks.

Nineteenx
9th February 2021, 06:25 PM
Death and other threats are entirely unacceptable but from the corruption we've seen from referees this season they fucking well deserve all the other abuse they get, they are abusing their position of trust by effectively match fixing

skyebo
9th February 2021, 06:39 PM
Death and other threats are entirely unacceptable but from the corruption we've seen from referees this season they fucking well deserve all the other abuse they get, they are abusing their position of trust by effectively match fixing

Where's your proof that referees are match fixing ? And i don't mean a VAR table of decisions that have gone against us, because that proves nothing.

TheDOC1979
9th February 2021, 06:47 PM

Can’t agree with match fixing at all mate. There’s isn’t any proof of it going on and it’s just another conspiracy theory.

Last season they called us LiVARpool, but appeared we were hard done by a lot of decisions.

Rather than looking at that and refs, we need to look within at a team who have forgotten how to score, attack and get a shot on target

teesred
9th February 2021, 06:58 PM
Where's your proof that referees are match fixing ? And i don't mean a VAR table of decisions that have gone against us, because that proves nothing.

It'll be the same proof he has that Utd had everyone in their pockets in the 90/2000s. Nothing to do with them having a manager and team that pissed on everybody else.

skyebo
9th February 2021, 06:59 PM
It'll be the same proof he has that Utd had everyone in their pockets in the 90/2000s. Nothing to do with them having a manager and team that pissed on everybody else.

Indeed Tees.

justme
9th February 2021, 07:02 PM

Well one ref admitted they were bias towards Man-united back in the day.. it came out of the horses mouth

skyebo
9th February 2021, 07:16 PM
Well one ref admitted they were bias towards Man-united back in the day.. it came out of the horses mouth

Yes, one referee who was sacked from the premier league, and decided to go to china. If there was any credence to his allegations, i don't see any court cases pending.

justme
9th February 2021, 07:22 PM
How can you prove something that is hearsay?? Man-united were favoured under fergie. It was a laughing game for the refs when they gave extra minutes onto "fergie time" it was hahahaha.. "Oh yeah Fergie time".. they always got an extra 2 minutes where their shouldnt have been. That was just some of the things that happen.. I even remember SSN interviewing Mike Rileys brother..Asking him if his brother was pro man-united

Refs are not trustworthy.. They put it down "to honest mistakes" where as in reality they are corrupt.

justme
9th February 2021, 07:31 PM
Its always "shock horror" when you question the integrity of the officials..""The English officials are the most honest officials in the world""Shame they make some fucking bizarre calls.Sometimes fans just sit back and go WHY? why does nearly everyone see things differently to the man in VAR booth or the men officiating games?.

Its because they have a predestined mind set to how calls should be made.That toad Dermot Gallagher should have red carded a man united player in a game against us once. Just recently he admitted he should have sent the player off. At the time he had predestined mind set. Not to send a Man-united player off against LFC

Its been the same for a long time at Goodsion park.Everton have gotten away with ridiculous challenges against us. Its because the mind set of the ref. Is well Everton are passionate and LFC have better players.. I will kinda allow somethings to go.. Just do your fking job thats all we want.

skyebo
9th February 2021, 07:33 PM
How can you prove something that is hearsay?? Man-united were favoured under fergie. It was a laughing game for the refs when they gave extra minutes onto "fergie time" it was hahahaha.. "Oh yeah Fergie time".. they always got an extra 2 minutes where their shouldnt have been. That was just some of the things that happen.. I even remember SSN interviewing Mike Rileys brother..Asking him if his brother was pro man-united

Refs are not trustworthy.. They put it down "to honest mistakes" where as in reality they are corrupt.

Fergie had too much influence over a lot of people back then, the more he got away with the more he used. If they weren't strong enough to stand up to him that's their fault. He just played on their weaknesses. It's a level playing field now he's retired. They accused us of getting all the big decisions when we were winning everything. We were just too good for everyone else.

skyebo
9th February 2021, 07:36 PM
Its always "shock horror" when you question the integrity of the officials..""The English officials are the most honest officials in the world""Shame they make some fucking bizarre calls.Sometimes fans just sit back and go WHY? why does nearly everyone see things differently to the man in VAR booth or the men officiating games?.

Its because they have a predestined mind set to how calls should be made.That toad Dermot Gallagher should have red carded a man united player in a game against us once. Just recently he admitted he should have sent the player off. At the time he had predestined mind set. Not to send a Man-united player off against LFC

Its been the same for a long time at Goodsion park.Everton have gotten away with ridiculous challenges against us. Its because the mind set of the ref. Is well Everton are passionate and LFC have better players.. I will kinda allow somethings to go.. Just do your fking job thats all we want.

You won't get him disagreeing with many decisions, he's on SSN every monday and nearly always falls on the side of the officials.

justme
9th February 2021, 07:39 PM
The only reason the oppositions fans called us Livarpool last season.was because for the first time in a very long time were given correct calls. For most of the last decade we were at the bottom or almost at the bottom of wrong decision making tables. From now on. No matter how the VAR is used. we will always be on the wrong end of the calls.
It wont always happen from game to game. But over all.. apart from last season. The obvious calls will not go in our favour.
Going back to the original opinion of this thread. Its sickening officials feel threatened and get death threats. So I am not condoning that at all. People take their anger to excess. But Southampton fans must be well and truly pissed off at Mike Dean..How he ignored the blatant handball against Villa. is mind blowing. the simple question is WHY?

ianlfc
10th February 2021, 08:35 PM
Mike Dean referees tonight's match at Leicester.
For his sake I hope he has a quiet night.

TheDOC1979
11th February 2021, 11:55 AM
A short reply.

“English football bodies have come together to send an open letter to Facebook and Twitter amid increased levels of abuse aimed at footballers on social media”

It took them a while to ban incendiary posts by the leader of the free world, but they did. This is the only way to govern reckless hate and to hold everyone accountable for their actions.

I miss the days when there was no social media. It’s been a hindrance on football in general. Klopp knows this and doesn’t have a “public social media account”

teesred
11th February 2021, 02:19 PM
“English football bodies have come together to send an open letter to Facebook and Twitter amid increased levels of abuse aimed at footballers on social media”

It took them a while to ban incendiary posts by the leader of the free world, but they did. This is the only way to govern reckless hate and to hold everyone accountable for their actions.

I miss the days when there was no social media. It’s been a hindrance on football in general. Klopp knows this and doesn’t have a “public social media account”

Agree. I hate social media. Its bad elements far outweigh its good and its having a damaging effect on the next generation.

jozza800
11th February 2021, 02:24 PM
Agree. I hate social media. Its bad elements far outweigh its good and its having a damaging effect on the next generation.

Not sure it's effecting them - it just gives dickheads an open platform to say stuff. These knobs have always existed, it's just now we can hear them.

CCTV
11th February 2021, 09:31 PM

Care to detail the reckless hate ? Or the question I asked you earlier for clarification ?

I read the Twitter thread and it seemed rather weak. Read the snopes piece too and it was weak as well, though a little better in terms of balance.
Unlike Twitter who said patriotically could be interpreted as violently,
snopes quoted patriotically and the 2 following words, and peacefully, which would clarify the meaning of patriotically as unlikely to be violently.

And when you say everyone, do you really mean everyone and if so how would you decide that ?

Should other prominent politicians be deplatformed too ?
Comedy, religion, atheism, war, history, geography, biology, should sport be banned, the word kill/murder/rape/vile etc.

Would you support the prosecution of all politicians who undermined the legitimacy of democratic votes?
Should politicians who supported violent, murderous, fiery but mostly peaceful protests be prosecuted for undermining our democracy ?

Was bernie responsible for a bernie bros attempted execution of a judge and politician ? He did call for a revolution.

Was Feinstein, Aoc, Hrc responsible for attacks on poc's donning maga hats ?
Kremlin Klan enablers, White supremacists or multiracial white supremacy (a ninja white person who doesn't vote Democrat ergo a nazi kkk), basket of deplorables nazis/racists/sexists 50% of the rep voters.

CCTV
11th February 2021, 09:35 PM
Not sure it's effecting them - it just gives dickheads an open platform to say stuff. These knobs have always existed, it's just now we can hear them.

It is effecting them, shown in data analysis, oversexualisation of childhood - porn, body image issues, depression-anxiety up significantly.
However there seems to be little support for responding to these issues and giving kids the tools to tackle these issues, instead its left to parents to do the right job by their own kids.
I've a small amount of sympathy for the educators as given the divide of id politics it's impossible to please all.

CCTV
11th February 2021, 09:37 PM
2nd last post should read non white, not ninja white

CCTV
11th February 2021, 09:39 PM
Porn is another example doc, offensive to religious teachings, whereas for others sex workers rights are essential human rights.

redebreck
12th February 2021, 05:17 PM

Agree that the threats are out of order. Have they been made on social media?
The referees organisation should take a look at themselves, however, and try to do something about the glaring inconsistencies. There's so much money in the game these days, you're talking billions without even taking gambling into consideration, that the inconsistency is going to come across as corruption. Particularly if the referees fail to address it.