PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool 1 Man Utd 4

scientificred
9th February 2021, 08:13 PM
Last time I remember a home defeat like that just gone was v Man U back in December back in 1969.
Score was 1-1 until 60 mins then Emlyn Hughes made a crazy back pass from the halfway line which goalie Tommy Lawrence could not keep from going to a corner. Ian Ure scored from that corner.
The legend called Roger Hunt then came on as sub for Ian Ross to make his last appearance before his transfer to Bolton.

CCTV
9th February 2021, 08:16 PM
Real spanked us under Rodgers and stoke?as Gerrard was leaving come to mind.

miller0863
9th February 2021, 08:19 PM
Ian Ross was sub fir my first trip to Anfield in ‘70/71

LEGS
9th February 2021, 09:03 PM
Real spanked us under Rodgers and stoke?as Gerrard was leaving come to mind.

Stoke was a tonking 6-1 but it was away.

Think Mourinho Chelsea gave us a beating 4-1 at Anfield too.

scientificred
9th February 2021, 09:32 PM
Forgot about that one.
Thanks Legs
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/4277852.stm

CCTV
9th February 2021, 09:35 PM
Stoke was a tonking 6-1 but it was away.

Think Mourinho Chelsea gave us a beating 4-1 at Anfield too.

Good spot, stoke away should have been ingrained in the memory !!

Nineteenx
9th February 2021, 09:40 PM
It was one of those where the scoreline didn't reflect the game, aside from Fab giving away a soft pen needlessly trying to leave something on a player again and their opener they created absolutely nothing and got 3 through our mistakes

Mane missed with a free header, wasted a glorious chance from Ederson's mistake and Mo was hauled down when nailed on to score, i still think Dias should have gone for that, for me Stones getting back a little deeper shouldn't matter, 'denying a clear goalscoring opportunity' by committing a deliberate foul is a straight red

scientificred
9th February 2021, 11:17 PM
It was one of those where the scoreline didn't reflect the game, aside from Fab giving away a soft pen needlessly trying to leave something on a player again and their opener they created absolutely nothing and got 3 through our mistakes

Mane missed with a free header, wasted a glorious chance from Ederson's mistake and Mo was hauled down when nailed on to score, i still think Dias should have gone for that, for me Stones getting back a little deeper shouldn't matter, 'denying a clear goalscoring opportunity' by committing a deliberate foul is a straight red
Dear 19x,
Always love your posts but this one is not about the latest game and anyway any team can say the same about so many games e.g. us v Fulham and palace
ynwa

skyebo
10th February 2021, 03:36 AM
Last time I remember a home defeat like that just gone was v Man U back in December back in 1969.
Score was 1-1 until 60 mins then Emlyn Hughes made a crazy back pass from the halfway line which goalie Tommy Lawrence could not keep from going to a corner. Ian Ure scored from that corner.
The legend called Roger Hunt then came on as sub for Ian Ross to make his last appearance before his transfer to Bolton.

Ian Ure, terrible footballer but good on Quiz Ball when he was at Arsenal.

skyebo
10th February 2021, 03:44 AM
We got beat twice at home in the space of a few days under Benitez, both against Arsenal. 1-3 in the FA Cup, then a 3-6 mauling in the League cup.

miller0863
10th February 2021, 10:28 AM
I was at the 3-6. Both played several youth players, theirs were far better than ours. Gerrard played in that game

Martyboy
10th February 2021, 10:18 PM

Yeah but we had the feckers back in 2009.....Torres,Gerrard,Aurelio and the mighty DOSSENA!!...:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9hzdYUBAcI

redebreck
12th February 2021, 07:43 AM
We got beat twice at home in the space of a few days under Benitez, both against Arsenal. 1-3 in the FA Cup, then a 3-6 mauling in the League cup.

I was at the 3-6 mauling. It was a rearranged game after the original fixture was cancelled due to fog. Both sides played essentially their second string sides. Dudek in goal for us. Played pretty crap (Dudek) but saved a penalty.
Always felt that if the original game had been played we would have won.
My first experience of the used to be Kemlyn Road stand, we were sat near the top - talk about steep!

miller0863
12th February 2021, 01:30 PM
I had a season ticket between’75 and ‘80 in that stand redebreck, as my Dad was working away, week on week off and I had his ticket 90% of the time. Block K row 20 seat 98. Right near the half way line, absolutely brilliant for a teenage red.

Kev0909
12th February 2021, 01:58 PM
I was at the 3-6. Both played several youth players, theirs were far better than ours. Gerrard played in that game

I do think, and still do apart from the Odd gem the youth academy is over-rated

skyebo
12th February 2021, 08:26 PM
I was at the 3-6 mauling. It was a rearranged game after the original fixture was cancelled due to fog. Both sides played essentially their second string sides. Dudek in goal for us. Played pretty crap (Dudek) but saved a penalty.
Always felt that if the original game had been played we would have won.
My first experience of the used to be Kemlyn Road stand, we were sat near the top - talk about steep!

I didn't know it was a rearranged game, but i do remember they both played weakened teams, which is now the normal thing to do in those games.

Steveo
12th February 2021, 09:03 PM
Weakened teams yes - but not quite true to say both teams were second string. Arsenal had the best part of a youth team - apart from a few we had a pretty strong lineup.

Teams:
Liverpool: Dudek, Peltier, Hyypia, Paletta, Warnock (Alonso 58), Guthrie, Gerrard, Aurelio, Gonzalez (Luis Garcia 11) (Carragher 75), Fowler, Bellamy.
Subs Not Used: Reina, Crouch.

Goals: Fowler 33, Gerrard 68, Hyypia 80.

Arsenal: Almunia, Hoyte, Toure, Djourou, Traore (Connolly 88), Walcott (Diaby 74), Fabregas, Song Billong, Denilson, Julio Baptista, Aliadiere.
Subs Not Used: Poom, Lansbury, Randall.

Goals: Aliadiere 27, Julio Baptista 40, Song Billong 45, Julio Baptista 45, 60, 84.

Make your own kinds up.

skyebo
12th February 2021, 09:06 PM
Weakened teams yes - but not quite true to say both teams were second string. Arsenal had the best part of a youth team - apart from a few we had a pretty strong lineup.

Teams:
Liverpool: Dudek, Peltier, Hyypia, Paletta, Warnock (Alonso 58), Guthrie, Gerrard, Aurelio, Gonzalez (Luis Garcia 11) (Carragher 75), Fowler, Bellamy.
Subs Not Used: Reina, Crouch.

Goals: Fowler 33, Gerrard 68, Hyypia 80.

Arsenal: Almunia, Hoyte, Toure, Djourou, Traore (Connolly 88), Walcott (Diaby 74), Fabregas, Song Billong, Denilson, Julio Baptista, Aliadiere.
Subs Not Used: Poom, Lansbury, Randall.

Goals: Aliadiere 27, Julio Baptista 40, Song Billong 45, Julio Baptista 45, 60, 84.

Make your own kinds up.

No wonder we conceded 6 with that defence. There was only Hyypia any good.