PDA

View Full Version : The Boss

LEGS
10th February 2021, 02:11 PM
Thoughts to Jurgen after news his mum has died of Covid.

RIP Mrs Klopp YNWA.

justme
10th February 2021, 02:31 PM
Damn,you can kinda understand why hes not been himself of late.Must have been worried sick..
sorry to hear this :(

TheDOC1979
10th February 2021, 02:33 PM
Rip mama Klopp. YNWA

Steveo
10th February 2021, 02:39 PM
Yep I posted about this in Off Topic a little earlier.

She died on January 19th and he hasn’t been allowed to travel to Germany - not even for his mums funeral. Imagine that..?

She must have been in a bad way for a while too. Explains why he was so noticeably downcast before Christmas. I could tell something serious was wrong and was deeply concerned he was about to leave us.

What a guy - bless you Jurgen we are all sorry for your loss.

southernboy
10th February 2021, 02:42 PM
That's bloody awful. Any idea how old she was? Poor Jürgen and family. It certainly explains his recent demeanour.

LEGS
10th February 2021, 02:43 PM
Hopefully these morons with the mics can lay off him abit now starting Saturday.

I noticed he has looked down for a while and put it down to stale football matches but he had far more important things on his mind.

Feel for the guy hopefully we put in a performance Saturday he deserves it.

LEGS
10th February 2021, 02:44 PM
That's bloody awful. Any idea how old she was? Poor Jürgen and family. It certainly explains his recent demeanour.

southernboy
10th February 2021, 02:46 PM

Thanks mate.

From the Echo:

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has paid tribute to his mother Elisabeth after her recent death at the age of 81.

Klopp was unable to attend her funeral in person on Tuesday due to restrictions currently in place in Germany due to the coronavirus pandemic.

"She meant everything to me," said the Reds boss. "She was a real mum in the best sense of the word.

"As a devout Christian, I know she is in a better place now."

Germany has banned flights from the UK until February 17 due to concerns over the mutations of the coronavirus and rising infection rates.

Klopp last visited his mother in Germany on her 80th birthday and, speaking to German news outlet Schwarzwälder Bote, he said: "As soon as the circumstances allow, we will hold a wonderful commemoration."

Klopp's father, Norbert, died in 2000 after a short serious illness at the age of 66. The Liverpool manager has two sisters, Stefanie and Isolde.

scientificred
10th February 2021, 03:22 PM
Dreadful news
RIP Elisabeth

RedNoodle
10th February 2021, 03:41 PM
Has this only just come to light? If so, I hope all those in the media (and the f-wits I've been dealing with on YouTube) who have been laying into Jurgen feel like ****/the ****s that they are, though I somehow doubt it.

RIP Elisabeth.

ianlfc
10th February 2021, 03:45 PM
Yep I posted about this in Off Topic a little earlier.

She died on January 19th and he hasn’t been allowed to travel to Germany - not even for his mums funeral. Imagine that..?

She must have been in a bad way for a while too. Explains why he was so noticeably downcast before Christmas. I could tell something serious was wrong and was deeply concerned he was about to leave us.

What a guy - bless you Jurgen we are all sorry for your loss.

I've heard rumours of her death these past few weeks. Obviously it's not the sort of thing I would post here unless it was was true.
YNWA Jurgen.

fayyazms
10th February 2021, 04:02 PM
RIP Mrs Klopp

LEGS
10th February 2021, 04:24 PM
Has this only just come to light? If so, I hope all those in the media (and the f-wits I've been dealing with on YouTube) who have been laying into Jurgen feel like ****/the ****s that they are, though I somehow doubt it.

RIP Elisabeth.

Funeral was yesterday and it seems Jurgen/club kept it private.

Media only mentioned it today bet some of them feel abit silly now.

CCTV
10th February 2021, 05:20 PM
Not lost my mum yet and hopefully not for a long time to come. A hard one to take.

Sad not been able to travel, inhumane to refuse entry for people on their death beds and funerals imo. Must have been very tough on him.

Remember hearing him talking about his favourite meal, the way his mum cooked it.
Often the case - God bless moms

If you're lurking Jurgen, sorry for your loss
YNWA

stevie harkness
10th February 2021, 05:36 PM
Sad news, it's cruel that he can't go to his mum's funeral. This is a time when a full Kop could really help too.

faridtoxteth
10th February 2021, 05:57 PM
That is so sad.
You see the hammering he has been getting in the media in recent weeks. Hope it will give them pause for thought.
At least Liverpool Football club is in many ways like a family and i am sure he will be feeling a lot of love around him.

teesred
10th February 2021, 07:40 PM
As man thats awful news and puts things into perspective aswell as explaining how hes been the last few weeks.
Not being able to attend the funeral of your mother must be devastating. Its not right that.
RIP.

southernboy
10th February 2021, 07:42 PM
Sad news, it's cruel that he can't go to his mum's funeral. This is a time when a full Kop could really help too.

Especially when you consider that he's tested 3 times a week, but I guess the rules have to be applied across the board. I dread my mum's funeral so much. I can see a positive in not going. That's a terrible thing to say :(

teesred
10th February 2021, 07:52 PM
Especially when you consider that he's tested 3 times a week, but I guess the rules have to be applied across the board. I dread my mum's funeral so much. I can see a positive in not going. That's a terrible thing to say :(

I know its an awful thing to say and think but its only really dawned on me now at 43 that my folks are getting old. They're 71 and 68. I shudder the thought of life without my Mum, I'll go to pieces.
Its like when she's gone you are really truly alone in this world.

southernboy
10th February 2021, 10:20 PM
I know its an awful thing to say and think but its only really dawned on me now at 43 that my folks are getting old. They're 71 and 68. I shudder the thought of life without my Mum, I'll go to pieces.

My dear old mum is 83. Had her first Covid jab last month; will get the second one next month. I wonder if Jurgen’s mum was ever offered one. It’s really bought home just how vulnerable the older generation are. Like you, I’ll be an absolute wreck when she goes.

Martyboy
10th February 2021, 10:29 PM
Lost my own mother 3 weeks ago today due to Heart Failure at 72...She'd suffered terrible Rheumatoid Arthritis since her mid 30's....Have had to wait till next Monday to cremate her with only 20 people allowed inside the Crem,it's a fucking joke!!....Dreadful for Jurgen not even to be allowed that privilege...RIP Frau Klopp.......:subdued:

retired
10th February 2021, 10:39 PM
Lost my mother over 50 yrs ago, lost my dad over 25 yrs ago, one expected, the other a shock, you then realize you have
become an orphan. Your kids come and talk to you for advice or about times passed, but now you have lost that, that connection.
My condolences to you Jurgen and your family.

teesred
10th February 2021, 10:40 PM
Lost my own mother 3 weeks ago today due to Heart Failure at 72...She'd suffered terrible Rheumatoid Arthritis since her mid 30's....Have had to wait till next Monday to cremate her with only 20 people allowed inside the Crem,it's a fucking joke!!....Dreadful for Jurgen not even to be allowed that privilege...RIP Frau Klopp.......:subdued:

Condolences to you Marty.
Its awful to lose anyone wether it be family or friends but not being able to send them off properly is probably the worst thing about this whole Covid situation.

jozza800
10th February 2021, 10:41 PM

You're only a few years older than me but we're getting to that point where life stops giving and starts taking away.

It's awful for Jurgen and even worse that he can't say goodbye properly, especially as a devout Christian.

YNWA Jurgen

southernboy
10th February 2021, 11:49 PM

So sorry mate.

teesred
11th February 2021, 12:09 AM
You're only a few years older than me but we're getting to that point where life stops giving and starts taking away.

It's awful for Jurgen and even worse that he can't say goodbye properly, especially as a devout Christian.

YNWA Jurgen

Yeah definitely. Hopefully as you get older though it starts giving a bit back in the form of grandchildren but I get what you mean. Its this just beyond middle age thing. Its like when you realise you're not young anymore in terms of health and fitness, I work with some young lads who are in their early 20s and I remember being that age and being exactly like them. Its quite sobering and I'm envious of it sometimes.

Artisan
11th February 2021, 12:23 AM
Absolutely gutted for Jurgen, seriously puts everything into perspective. Lost my mother when i was 21...its something you never get over at any age...But i can only imagine how very proud Mrs Klopp was of her son. YNWA.

CCTV
11th February 2021, 01:32 AM

Sorry to hear that Martyboy. Its grim stuff with the lockdowns, especially for folk like Jurgen, hope you got to spend time with her recently mate with all the lockdown stuff going on.

I like Jurgen believe in an afterlife (from divine revelation- I know that sounds pretty mad to some, it was), so death as grim and painful as it is, how it puts the small stuff in perspective isn't as harsh, due to my beliefs. Still will ball my eyes out when the time comes, hopefully I don't go before her as she wouldn't like that at all.

CCTV
11th February 2021, 01:36 AM
Those are some unfortunate and harsh experiences SR and Artisan. A long time apart, must've been very tough.

Martyboy
11th February 2021, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the messages peeps,I really appreciate them.....But and this might sound odd to most my mother was like a close Aunt to me...My late Great Aunt(official guardian from 1975) and her younger sister and my gran(oldest sister) were the 3 peeps that brought myself and my younger sister and younger bro up from the mid-70's when we were nippers.....My mother had to get away from my dad who was a pisshead and nasty/violent in drink and move on with her life(she knew we'd be well taken care of) ....The old man choked on his vomit and died aged 36 in 1982 when I was 14 and was warned time and again the drink would be the death of him by my one Aunt especially...I'll miss our mam but she doesn't come close to those 3 ladies,they were awesome people....:subdued:

shminkyred
11th February 2021, 11:03 AM
This thing is merciless.....Thoughts going out to th Klopp Klopp family

stevie harkness
11th February 2021, 12:43 PM
Nice to see Wolves tweet their sympathies to Jurgen and his loved ones.

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 07:53 PM
RIP klopp's mom 🙏🙏❤🌹

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 09:52 PM
It just goes to show how life can change so quickly.
Thats why we should all enjoy success either personal or work related with the ones you love as if it's your last.
As you just never know.

teesred
13th February 2021, 10:12 PM
It just goes to show how life can change so quickly.
Thats why we should all enjoy success either personal or work related with the ones you love as if it's your last.
As you just never know.

Absolutely Ian. We spend too much time worrying about the wrong things and forgetting to enjoy the right things.

miller0863
13th February 2021, 10:15 PM
Had so much crap sent to me from Mancs and Bitters this last couple of weeks. They’re at it again tonight and they’re fuelling the “Klopp has walked” rumours.

Not rising to it

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 10:16 PM
Aye bit worrying that he's gone from 30/1 or somit like that to evens for next manager to go

but i guess it's a load of idiots betting on it believing the silly everton shite rumour

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 10:22 PM
Social media at it again. The people of Liverpool fought hard to put an end to the lies told by newspapers. I honestly don't think the same can be done with social media. It's fucking horrendous.

justme
13th February 2021, 10:42 PM
Had so much crap sent to me from Mancs and Bitters this last couple of weeks. They’re at it again tonight and they’re fuelling the “Klopp has walked” rumours.

Not rising to it

They are fking twats. they need to understand his mother passed away..I hope they realize how it feels, if they dont they are filth.

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 11:13 PM
Heard he’s gone .row with Henderson in hotel last night. Henderson& Curtis Jones where up playing FIFA competition ,Klopp heard the noise, knocked at the door & a row started, mediation this morning between both of them but Klopp over stepped the line players want him out.

Look at this shite, it's almost laughable

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 11:22 PM
thought someone would fuck this rumour off by now

4/7 on paddypower to leave

WTF?

jr81
13th February 2021, 11:26 PM
Heard he’s gone .row with Henderson in hotel last night. Henderson& Curtis Jones where up playing FIFA competition ,Klopp heard the noise, knocked at the door & a row started, mediation this morning between both of them but Klopp over stepped the line players want him out.

Where did you get that from?
That is some crazy sh*t right there. Leaving because of fifa 😊

ianlfc
thought someone would fuck this rumour off by now

Then stop reposting the shite !!!

Kev0909
That is some crazy sh*t right there. Leaving because of fifa ��

Twitter haha it's almost funny and i'm sure that wouldn't be the reason

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 11:27 PM
Then stop reposting the shite !!!

I didn't start it or say shit on here so what difference would it make??

Why is the bookies 4/7 ?????

https://www.paddypower.com/football/manager-specials-football

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 11:31 PM
I didn't start it or say shit on here so what difference would it make??

Why is the bookies 4/7 ?????

Because they have a huge social media following and they make up complete shite so silly cunts who have had a few drinks go on their betting site and give them their hard earned money on fucking nonsense sure thing bets they've made up.

southernboy
Skybet offering 6/4. Jose is next at 3/1.

ianlfc
Is that clear enough !!!

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 11:33 PM
Is that clear enough !!!

not just paddypower though is it?

Fuck off

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 11:34 PM
not just paddypower though is it?

Fuck off

Behave, you should know better than believe that crap.

skyebo
13th February 2021, 11:36 PM
There's always speculation about a manager's future when they have a bad run, no reason to think why Klopp would be any different. I have a twitter account, but rarely go on there. Have they named his successor yet ? lol. If they don't have a story, they'll make one up.

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 11:39 PM
I've just had a look at paddy Power website. They've us 3 Rd favourites behind City and Munich at 8-1 to win the champions league so the rest must be shit !!!

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 11:40 PM
There's always speculation about a manager's future when they have a bad run, no reason to think why Klopp would be any different. I have a twitter account, but rarely go on there. Have they named his successor yet ? lol. If they don't have a story, they'll make one up.

going by the matchday thread Stevie and Brendan are hugely tipped !!

skyebo
13th February 2021, 11:42 PM
going by the matchday thread Stevie and Brendan are hugely tipped !!

Haha, the famous matchday thread.

CCTV
13th February 2021, 11:43 PM
That is some crazy sh*t right there. Leaving because of fifa 😊

Amazingly Curtis still got a start over others !!

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 11:43 PM
Haha, the famous matchday thread.

Don't start !!

CCTV
13th February 2021, 11:45 PM
Social media at it again. The people of Liverpool fought hard to put an end to the lies told by newspapers. I honestly don't think the same can be done with social media. It's fucking horrendous.

It's some people shit posting, horrendous is a bit of a stretch. If you don't like it don't indulge in it.

jr81
13th February 2021, 11:45 PM
Amazingly Curtis still got a start over others !!

Are you thinking he was being punished by having to play? 😊

CCTV
13th February 2021, 11:48 PM

Yeah because a club official had this event occurred would have reminded players Jurgens been in mourning and frustrated. Then captain fantastic goes, do I look like I'm bothered. What's Jurgen ever done for me !!

I'd wager the bookies will be laughing to the bank with this one.

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 11:49 PM
It's some people shit posting, horrendous is a bit of a stretch. If you don't like it don't indulge in it.

So some lies are worse than others ?

TheDOC1979
13th February 2021, 11:51 PM

Who won the competition is what I'd like to know

CCTV
13th February 2021, 11:53 PM
Are you thinking he was being punished by having to play? 😊

You could be onto something....

I reckon Jurgen could have lost it, given hendo a shiner and they'd beg him not to leave.

CCTV
13th February 2021, 11:56 PM
So some lies are worse than others ?

Yeah, of course.

Steveo
13th February 2021, 11:58 PM
Who won the competition is what I'd like to know

Don’t know yet VAR still checking for a stray armpit.

skyebo
13th February 2021, 11:59 PM
don’t know yet var still checking.

pmsl.

Kev0909
14th February 2021, 12:00 AM
Another classic apparently hendo "chinned" thiago in the dressing room

hahahahaa

Christ gotta laugh

jr81
14th February 2021, 12:00 AM
You could be onto something....

I reckon Jurgen could have lost it, given hendo a shiner and they'd beg him not to leave.

I agree, I don't believe it.

Found that story about the fifa thing funny though.
Klopp and Henderson, fighting over fifa and falling out. Jones watching on like a bold school kid.

southernboy
14th February 2021, 12:04 AM
I’m hearing it was Milner playing his music too loud. Klopp arrived in his dressing gown screaming “why so loud?, do you want tinnitus?”. Milner replied “never heard of him, can he play at centre back?”.

skyebo
14th February 2021, 12:06 AM
I’m hearing it was Milner playing his music too loud. Klopp arrived in his dressing gown screaming “why so loud?, do you want tinnitus?”. Milner replied “never heard of him, can he play at centre back?”.

Haha.

CCTV
14th February 2021, 12:17 AM
I agree, I don't believe it.

Found that story about the fifa thing funny though.
Klopp and Henderson, fighting over fifa and falling out. Jones watching on like a bold school kid.

In my imagination Jones would be frantically trying to de-escalate the situation

teesred
14th February 2021, 12:33 AM

😆