PDA

View Full Version : It can’t get any worse surely

TheDOC1979
13th February 2021, 03:42 PM
Emotions have been high (apologies to anyone I may have insulted along the way)

What’s the actual .... is going on. I am really concerned about the players, manager and the potential “ loss of the dressing room”

It’s hard to think there’s a way out of this massive whole we’ve collectively dug ourselves in.

An intervention, a new tactic to get back to playing decent football. We can’t even manage that anymore. 3 losses on the trot. I don’t want to blame external factors as it’s becomes devoid of relevance, but there is a major problem which extends beyond the aforementioned external issues.

You might say we are entitled , and why shouldn’t we be? Since the start of his reign, we’ve gone from strength to strength, finals lost, finals won and league titles achieved. You can’t regress that badly. This is the worst patch under Klopp and I’m not going to lie, I’m worried for him, the team and what will happen come May

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 03:43 PM
it can we have champions league game next and then everton.....

lose both of them, then surely the only way is up?

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 03:49 PM
Who's Shirley?

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 03:50 PM
Emotions have been high (apologies to anyone I may have insulted along the way)

What’s the actual .... is going on. I am really concerned about the players, manager and the potential “ loss of the dressing room”

It’s hard to think there’s a way out of this massive whole we’ve collectively dug ourselves in.

An intervention, a new tactic to get back to playing decent football. We can’t even manage that anymore. 3 losses on the trot. I don’t want to blame external factors as it’s becomes devoid of relevance, but there is a major problem which extends beyond the aforementioned external issues.

You might say we are entitled , and why shouldn’t we be? Since the start of his reign, we’ve gone from strength to strength, finals lost, finals won and league titles achieved. You can’t regress that badly. This is the worst patch under Klopp and I’m not going to lie, I’m worried for him, the team and what will happen come May

No way should anyone be thinking about klopp going anywhere.

4 centre backs out
An injury crisis unprecedented.
VAR decisions... I'm baffled.

It's been a constant catalogue of disasters this season.
Which of the above can klopp be accountable for.
NONE !

TheDOC1979
13th February 2021, 03:50 PM
Who's Shirley?

A very old acquaintance....😳

TheDOC1979
13th February 2021, 03:53 PM
No way should anyone be thinking about klopp going anywhere.

4 centre backs out
An injury crisis unprecedented.
VAR decisions... I'm baffled.

It's been a constant catalogue of disasters this season.
Which of the above can klopp be accountable for.
NONE !

Not me Dicko, I’m not in charge. If I were, I’d fund him, Properly till we had a decent squad that can cope with an injury crisis.

Read my post, see that I’m worried for him and him remaining at the helm.

SydneyLFC
13th February 2021, 03:56 PM
unprecedented COVID season, unprecedented injuries, some poor decisions = this team. Gr8 thing about this horror show, is that it's one season and hopefully things will go back to next season.

stevie harkness
13th February 2021, 03:56 PM
We need a warm weather break.

Seriously though, something is seriously wrong, or a perfect storm of lots of things, I'm worried for Klopp too.

teesred
13th February 2021, 03:57 PM
It will get worse for sure.
I don't see a way out of this where we go on a run. Its going to be stop - start for the rest of the season and I think the Blue-shite will twist the knife. We don't look capable of getting a result and seem to have become fragile once we concede a goal.
After each bad show we all think there'll be a turnaround but our play is so poor and predictable.
This whole season needs to be written off but the biggest worry is finishing out of the top 4 and anyone would be foolish to bet agsinst us for that right now.

CCTV
13th February 2021, 04:07 PM
We are too easy to score against, yes cebtrebacks are out but you adapt.

We had enough today to hold on for a win, certainly not conceding a few mins after taking the lead. Taking players out before they get near the box

Parking the bus is routinely critiqued as easy to setup, well it should not be below us.
It's how we should of setup at 1-0 and 20 mins to play.

Wed probably have gotten the odd chance to hoof a clearance and maybe get mo in for an easy enough 1on1.

Very frustrating imo to not see that tactic employed, given our lead and position of late.

teesred
13th February 2021, 04:15 PM
Weve had injuries, bad ones but every team does. Is there possibly an element of them feeling sorry for themselves?
If City or for fucks sake even Utd had our injuries would they be on such a poor run?
I'm not so sure they would.
We look mentally shot aswell as physically.

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 04:18 PM
Not me Dicko, I’m not in charge. If I were, I’d fund him, Properly till we had a decent squad that can cope with an injury crisis.

Read my post, see that I’m worried for him and him remaining at the helm.

The squad was seen as healthy in terms of options at the start of the season.
Klopp has been backed by the owners.

Alisson VVD keita Oxlade mane salah Thiago .
The squad was possibly missing 1 player at the start of the season.
A 4th centre back.
Which considering we had 8 or 9 midfielders Fabinho could cover.

Why bring in more players too soon when there still was another season in these players.

Alisson
TAA GOMEZ VVD ROBERTSON

HENDERSON FABINHO THIAGO

SALAH FIRMINO MANE

BENCH

JOTA
ORIGI
SHAQIRI
MINAMINO
JONES
KEITA
OXLADE
Milner
Tsimikas
MATIP

Looking at that 21 players plus 2 or 3 youngsters.... Neco Williams + 2 others.

I'm sure if covid hadn't been there.

Origi and Shaqiri gone.
Possibly Sarr and Timo Werner in.

The biggest mistake was not getting a 4th CB.
But tbh nobody could have foreseen what has happened.

Write this season off.
Next season we rectify our mistakes.

Fingers crossed for CL football.

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 04:19 PM
It will get worse for sure.
I don't see a way out of this where we go on a run. Its going to be stop - start for the rest of the season and I think the Blue-shite will twist the knife. We don't look capable of getting a result and seem to have become fragile once we concede a goal.
After each bad show we all think there'll be a turnaround but our play is so poor and predictable.
This whole season needs to be written off but the biggest worry is finishing out of the top 4 and anyone would be foolish to bet agsinst us for that right now.

Finishing outside the top 4 will make the owners realise Jurgen needs backed and isn't a miracle worker.
They'll lose Champions league money and that will make them sit up and realise unlike American sport the big clubs aren't always guaranteed the big money.

CCTV
13th February 2021, 04:25 PM
Weve had injuries, bad ones but every team does. Is there possibly an element of them feeling sorry for themselves?
If City or for fucks sake even Utd had our injuries would they be on such a poor run?
I'm not so sure they would.
We look mentally shot aswell as physically.

United have been pretty lucky with injuries, they like a lot of good but not great sides setup in more defensive minded ways covering their weaknesses better.

We seem to be incapable to adapt to our own predicament.

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 04:29 PM
Hilarious people saying last year this could be the best squad we've ever had

now it's FSG's fault we can't beat utter shite then surprised when we lose to city and leicester!!!

still not a fucking relegation side we're putting out

Fuck off the excuses

I'm not a massive fan of FSG btw and repeatedly said they need to invest while we was top, they're not great but it's not just there fault imo

teesred
13th February 2021, 04:34 PM
Finishing outside the top 4 will make the owners realise Jurgen needs backed and isn't a miracle worker.
They'll lose Champions league money and that will make them sit up and realise unlike American sport the big clubs aren't always guaranteed the big money.

Absolutely.
They'll be furious but it will serve them right. No doubt about it.
It was pure folly to think thos squad didn't need beefing up each season. Their greed has got the better of them if the unthinkable happens.
I never entertained the idea a few weeks back, now I'd say its nailed on.

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 04:43 PM

now it's FSG's fault we can't beat utter shite then surprised when we lose to city and leicester!!!

Fuck off the excuses

I'm not a massive fan of FSG btw and repeatedly said they need to invest while we was top, they're not great but it's not just there fault imo

So what do you want kev ?

ianlfc
13th February 2021, 04:44 PM
Absolutely.
They'll be furious but it will serve them right. No doubt about it.
It was pure folly to think thos squad didn't need beefing up each season. Their greed has got the better of them if the unthinkable happens.
I never entertained the idea a few weeks back, now I'd say its nailed on.

For the long term it may not be a bad thing finishing outside top 4. Who knows we could win the champions league this season. Highly unlikely considering how poor we've been, but it could be 2005 all over again.
No champions league next season would mean playing fringe players in the Europa league and with hopefully our injury crisis over would give us a really good crack at the league.
We all need to remember it's injuries and not the manager that's cost us this season.

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 04:46 PM
So what do you want kev ?

For the team to get a grip

skyebo
13th February 2021, 04:48 PM

Fuck off the excuses

Those saying it could be the best squad ever must be under 20 years old. The teams in the 80s were far superior and won things most years in that decade.

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 04:49 PM
For the long term it may not be a bad thing finishing outside top 4. Who knows we could win the champions league this season. Highly unlikely considering how poor we've been, but it could be 2005 all over again.
No champions league next season would mean playing fringe players in the Europa league and with hopefully our injury crisis over would give us a really good crack at the league.
We all need to remember it's injuries and not the manager that's cost us this season.

It's not though Ian, it's not about the manager or injury's as such.... yes injury's play a part

but the team is nowhere near as good in general, players individually have been shocking, Even allison what the fuck has the last 2 games been about? many times this season he's let in goals he'd normally save.

Then there's firmino - MANE whos utter crap now?? and Salah who still not at his best pulls us out the shitter at times.

Wij isn't really playing for us anymore in my eyes, his heads elsewhere... trent even robertson individually have not been as good

Players need to take the blame too

Klopp a little bit also, for the likes of burnley fulham etc shocking all around, and you can't blame FSG or injury's for that

Every team has injury's maybe not as bad as ours but still

it's not FSG or injury's fault when we have 100 chances we miss

CCTV
13th February 2021, 04:50 PM
Those saying it could be the best squad ever must be under 20 years old. The teams in the 80s were far superior and won things most years in that decade.

Think it was pl side, maybe kev can clarify

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 04:51 PM
Think it was pl side, maybe kev can clarify

Yes i'm sure even a few stupid pundits was saying it, defo talk of it eitherway.

Nineteenx
13th February 2021, 05:09 PM
We bossed that game, they made it difficult, if anyone was their MOTM it was N'Didi, he was excellent today to be honest, their first goal was simply not a foul, they're showing the replay and talking about Thiago, but all he did was stand his ground, there was nowhere for Barnes to go, knocking the ball through a gap which he couldn't possibly squeeze through, running into the player and throwing yourself to ground does NOT constitute a free kick and Leicester's players were at that with Taylor obliging them all fucking game

The second and third goals are purely down to a new defender not being with the program, Alisson shouts, keeper, loud as hell, meaning get the fuck out of the way I'm clearing it, Kabak misunderstands and an almighty fuck up ensues, their third he simply doesn't hold the line, he follows Barnes back and plays him onside

We worked really hard for our goal, scored a brilliant goal and then as with too many games this season the officials couldn't wait to do everything in their power to take what we'd worked so hard for away from us

eggy81
13th February 2021, 05:15 PM
Exactly

Nineteenx
13th February 2021, 05:15 PM
I actually thought we were a lot better today, moved it quicker, played direct, AGAIN should have scored in the first 5 minutes with a golden opportunity missed though, Thiago did slow it down and we weren't as threatening when he came on admittedly, I think Thiago will be excellent in our best 11, in a midfield with Gini and Hendo coming onto the ball and picking passes from their pressing and counter pressing, we've not got to play our best 11 once this season

faridtoxteth
13th February 2021, 05:17 PM
I thought Henderson was MOTM.
What a weird game.
I didn't look at the match thread. I avoid them now. people just abusing our players.
What was the general consensus on their allowed onside goal? I couldn't understand it. To me it was as clearly offside. what was I missing?

eggy81
13th February 2021, 05:17 PM
I actually thought we were a lot better today, moved it quicker, played direct, AGAIN should have scored in the first 5 minutes with a golden opportunity missed though, Thiago did slow it down and we weren't as threatening when he came on admittedly, I think Thiago will be excellent in our best 11, in a midfield with Gini and Hendo coming onto the ball and picking passes from their pressing and counter pressing, we've not got to play our best 11 once this season

We probably will never see that midfield line up.

eggy81
13th February 2021, 05:18 PM
What a weird game.
I didn't look at the match thread. I avoid them now. people just abusing our players.
What was the general consensus on their allowed onside goal? I couldn't understand it. To me it was as clearly offside. what was I missing?

Thought so at the time. After the game I can see how he came to the inside conclusion but it was still a sickener

Nineteenx
13th February 2021, 05:30 PM
We probably will never see that midfield line up.

Not this season at this rate

LFC-DPG
13th February 2021, 05:31 PM
We need to cut out the shitty mistakes that are costing us big.

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 05:38 PM
It'll be fun for the team to go russia with fans back in the europa next season.

fagin
13th February 2021, 05:41 PM

Thought we played full squad in the 7-2 drubbing we took from Villa

faridtoxteth
13th February 2021, 05:44 PM
Thought we played full squad in the 7-2 drubbing we took from Villa

Adrian played, which is one of the main reasons we lost. He wasn't comfortable with us playing a highline, and that led to at least four or five of their goals.

Steveo
13th February 2021, 05:45 PM
Adrian played, which is one of the main reasons we lost. He wasn't comfortable with us playing a highline, and that led to at least four or five of their goals.

And there were some wicked deflections too. But I am not making any excuses. :D

fagin
13th February 2021, 05:47 PM

Thanks i had forgot about Adrian to be honest

teesred
13th February 2021, 07:58 PM

I see where you're coming from. I just think no top 4 and Klopp can forget planning for any major signings and thats what we need to go again.
Plus its the Euros this summer so players aren't getting a break again.
I'm hoping the CL might see a different mindset, its knockout rds and thats suited us in the past.

teesred
13th February 2021, 08:02 PM
We bossed that game, they made it difficult, if anyone was their MOTM it was N'Didi, he was excellent today to be honest, their first goal was simply not a foul, they're showing the replay and talking about Thiago, but all he did was stand his ground, there was nowhere for Barnes to go, knocking the ball through a gap which he couldn't possibly squeeze through, running into the player and throwing yourself to ground does NOT constitute a free kick and Leicester's players were at that with Taylor obliging them all fucking game

The second and third goals are purely down to a new defender not being with the program, Alisson shouts, keeper, loud as hell, meaning get the fuck out of the way I'm clearing it, Kabak misunderstands and an almighty fuck up ensues, their third he simply doesn't hold the line, he follows Barnes back and plays him onside

We worked really hard for our goal, scored a brilliant goal and then as with too many games this season the officials couldn't wait to do everything in their power to take what we'd worked so hard for away from us

How did we boss that game?
Possession means nothing if you are not creating and we were not creating a thing.
They looked as likely to score as we did.
Dont blame VAR or officials for us not doing enough yet again. We as fans need to get off the blame game and face the fact we are in the shit. Its pathetic.

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 08:03 PM
How did we boss that game?
Possession means nothing if you are not creating and we were not creating a thing.
They looked as likely to score as we did.
Dont blame VAR or officials for us not doing enough yet again. We as fans need to get off the blame game and face the fact we are in the shit. Its pathetic.

Yes

some people need to grow up !

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 08:06 PM
What a weird game.
Offside again like Mane v Everton.
What about their 2nd goal.
Push on Mane
Yet v WHU bobby handles 15secs before goal VAR fine combs to see the error.
Strange inconsistencies.

Liverpool pissed on Leicester for 80mins
Totally ran them ragged.

Steveo
13th February 2021, 08:06 PM
I thought we played some lovely football for most of the game. Could have been 3 ahead but it was only 1. The Foxes had some good chances tbf before we scored but all on the break. We kept them penned in.

I know 1:4 and 3:1 looks bad but Think we were unlucky today - at least to my eyes. But I am not even sure of what I see anymore.

Feel gutted for Jurgen and the players today

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 08:07 PM

Plus 4 deflected goals

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 08:08 PM
Like we pissed on Burnley
Newcastle
Southampton
Wba
Brighton
Fulham

What difference does it make?

"at least we bossed posession" top4 granted

LOL

dicko1969
I thought we played some lovely football for most of the game. Could have been 3 ahead but it was only 1. The Foxes had some good chances tbf before we scored but all on the break. We kept them penned in.

I know 1:4 and 3:1 looks bad but Think we were unlucky today - at least to my eyes. But I am not even sure of what I see anymore.

Feel gutted for Jurgen and the players today

I 100% agree with you
That has to be a first 🤣🤣🤣💪

Steveo
Plus 4 deflected goals

Shiote and I thought it was only 7:2? 8:2 - crap that is bad :D

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 08:10 PM
Newcastle
Southampton
Wba
Brighton
Fulham

LOL

Newcastle we did too
WBA pretty much dominated
They had a set piece and scored
Fulham ... game of 2 halves.
Fulham played the best I've seen play liverpool that 1st half.
Brighton ... hold up. 11 behind the ball.
Southampton... 50/50

Steveo
13th February 2021, 08:10 PM
Newcastle
Southampton
Wba
Brighton
Fulham

LOL

Well those were shocking games to be fair. Brighton outplayed us at Anfield. Fulham - well still don’t know how we took a point.

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 08:11 PM
Newcastle we did too
WBA pretty much dominated
They had a set piece and scored
Fulham ... game of 2 halves.
Fulham played the best I've seen play liverpool that 1st half.
Brighton ... hold up. 11 behind the ball.
Southampton... 50/50

Yes i'm sure every world class team full of world class players (your words) struggle against these incredible teams

Playing very well, I hope it keeps going we might make 11th.

What a great season we're having the players are all at least 7 out of 10 each game

Players don't do anything wrong!

Steveo
13th February 2021, 08:13 PM
Don’t sweat it Kev - Some were crowing about how we had 3 or more players for every position - as recently as this summer.

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 08:13 PM
We all know the reasons we got here.
Injuries VAR covid confidence.

Get yourself a dog to kick (expression) or a punch ball.

Dont blame me for the situation. 😉😆

Kev0909
13th February 2021, 08:14 PM
Don’t sweat it Kev - Some were crowing about how we had 3 or more players for every position - as recently as this summer.

Anyone who thinks we're generally playing well this season should get a mental health check-up.

Oh yeah injury's so we can't beat championship level teams rofl!!!

need to spend 400m in summer because obviously are squad options are league 1 standard and team we've still been putting out with the injury's

Front 3 are league 2 standard because they've been fit most of season so obvs not good enough

GK missed some games but played most, obviously not good enough either against these shit teams

replace em all

CB's don't make the whole team xDDDDDD

teesred
13th February 2021, 08:14 PM
That defeat today personally felt the worst this season ( upto now) as it felt like a real hammer blow. We are fragile again and like in the past capitulate after conceding whereas before we could outscoreteams, now if a teams scores 1 its pretty much game over.
6 weeks ago I was one of the guys saying we were back after the Palace game. Mate said do you think we'll win it? I said we,'ll piss it again, couldn't see anyone stopping us. Clear at the top without hitting top gear........
6 weeks later here we are and I most certainly now don't see us making the top 4. Can not believe how the last 6 weeks have flipped this team on its head.

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 08:15 PM
For 80mins we pissed all over them
Then concentration went again.
Confidence and shape all gone in 7mins.

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 08:17 PM
That defeat today personally felt the worst this season ( upto now) as it felt like a real hammer blow. We are fragile again and like in the past capitulate after conceding whereas before we could outscoreteams, now if a teams scores 1 its pretty much game over.
6 weeks ago I was one of the guys saying we were back after the Palace game. Mate said do you think we'll win it? I said we,'ll piss it again, couldn't see anyone stopping us. Clear at the top without hitting top gear........
6 weeks later here we are and I most certainly now don't see us making the top 4. Can not believe how the last 6 weeks have flipped this team on its head.

6 weeks disaster
5 defeats 4 draws 4 wins

16 points from 39

We all know the reasons why.
And all those reasons have caught up with us very quickly.

Steveo
13th February 2021, 08:18 PM
For 80mins we pissed all over them
Then concentration went again.
Confidence and shape all gone in 7mins.

Might be the price of being mentality monsters for nigh on 2 years straight.

When it goes - it goes big

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 08:19 PM
Anyone who thinks we're generally playing well this season should get a mental health check-up.

Oh yeah injury's so we can't beat championship level teams rofl!!!

need to spend 400m in summer because obviously are squad options are league 1 standard and team we've still been putting out with the injury's

Front 3 are league 2 standard because they've been fit most of season so obvs not good enough

GK missed some games but played most, obviously not good enough either against these shit teams

replace em all

CB's don't make the whole team xDDDDDD

Are you 2 different people posting.
I dont understand your position on where you stand about liverpool.

Noods it's clear... lack of investment
19x clear ; Hendo in the midfield.

But you are contradicting yourself... ?
Confused

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 08:22 PM
Might be the price of being mentality monsters for nigh on 2 years straight.

When it goes - it goes big

To be honest
We all should be kind to the manager.
He has given us 5 unbelievable years.

Amazing.

This team is at the end of a cycle.

Give klopp the backing like fsg have done to create the first team under klopp to go ahead and create a new team with new personal and a new dynamic.

Give it 12 months.
Sure there will be a new uprising at liverpool.

The sign of a great manager
We create that new team.

dicko1969
13th February 2021, 08:23 PM
*personnel

reddownunder
13th February 2021, 11:51 PM
Here's a thought. Play midfielders in midfield and defenders in defence

vin
14th February 2021, 04:30 PM
The problems are not as deep as many are making out. Losing all of our recognised CB's and then the best stand-in has affected the team. You can't play 2 CM in CB and not expect it to affect every aspect of the team from both a style and fludity of play through to confidence.

This team isn't shit. Klopp hasn't lost his touch. A number of factors have caught up with us. This season is a write off, let's aim for Top 4 and get the lads fit for next season.

Nineteenx
14th February 2021, 05:44 PM
The problems are not as deep as many are making out. Losing all of our recognised CB's and then the best stand-in has affected the team. You can't play 2 CM in CB and not expect it to affect every aspect of the team from both a style and fludity of play through to confidence.

This team isn't shit. Klopp hasn't lost his touch. A number of factors have caught up with us. This season is a write off, let's aim for Top 4 and get the lads fit for next season.

Quite right Vin, I'm actually hoping a decent performance and a win in the Champions League and the lads playing without the spectre of a potential VAR stitch up might help, they have to try and get over that, it has affected them, they have mentioned it and Jurgen a few times after games when they have obviously felt very aggrieved and stitched u by the officials and they'll have the video footage also, so they know they have been stitched up.

Imagine any other side without all their CBs and having to play Hendo their best and most influential midfielder and POTY at CB, struck me today he's actually created more big chances from CB than any of the lads who've been playing in midfield have managed to all season, put Mo clear with absolutely peaches in 2 of the last 3 when Mo really should have scored, that in itself is more than any of our lads who have been playing in midfield have managed, need him back in midfield, I was watching some of last season's footage, he and Bobby and the other forwards linked up a lot in the press and counter press, combining to win the ball back high and then we created from there, the winners v Spurs and Wolves were classic examples of it, we've missed that

skyebo
14th February 2021, 06:46 PM
The headline asks a question. As you know it was much worse than this under Souness, this is just a blip. We had a 3 year one under him.

TheDOC1979
15th February 2021, 12:16 PM
Reading on social media (blasted thing) that there will be an imminent announcement from the club. Anyone else heard anything?

reddownunder
15th February 2021, 12:41 PM
Reading on social media (blasted thing) that there will be an imminent announcement from the club. Anyone else heard anything?

Mbappe is signed and will arrive in the summer

TheDOC1979
15th February 2021, 12:42 PM

Get in !!

teesred
15th February 2021, 12:46 PM

Mbappe plus cash for Origi?

miller0863
15th February 2021, 01:00 PM
Mbappe for Ox, Shaq, Matip, Gomez and Keita plus €100m

TheDOC1979
15th February 2021, 01:01 PM
Mbappe for Ox, Shaq, Matip, Gomez and Keita plus €100m

You’re so cheap Miller...🤣

miller0863
15th February 2021, 01:19 PM
Or no players and €95m

TheDOC1979
15th February 2021, 01:21 PM
Or no players and €95m

That’s more like it. We’re helping them with his wages so they owe us that at least

Steveo
15th February 2021, 02:02 PM
I see the mirror are shit stirring with talk about when Klopp departs etc.

So cynical how the major media use their so called enemy ‘social media’ and its associated shite to sell their shitty advertising.

Nineteenx
15th February 2021, 02:19 PM
I see the mirror are shit stirring with talk about when Klopp departs etc.

So cynical how the major media use their so called enemy ‘social media’ and its associated shite to sell their shitty advertising.

They'll pipe down when we win Old Big Ears

Kev0909
15th February 2021, 02:29 PM

No doubt klopp rumours again

miller0863
15th February 2021, 02:46 PM
It’s just the usual pre match press conference for Leipzig

southernboy
15th February 2021, 02:53 PM
News flash: Klopp's not quitting ;)

stevie harkness
15th February 2021, 02:57 PM
News flash: Klopp's not quitting ;)

...yet

skyebo
15th February 2021, 06:34 PM
Amazing how many people are putting two and two together, and coming up with anything but the right answer.

miller0863
15th February 2021, 06:41 PM
Loved Klopp’s comments in his press conference about no one is happy with only having 40 points and only being level with Everton ....yes Jurgen

Steveo
15th February 2021, 07:30 PM
They'll pipe down when we win Old Big Ears

Will be the hardest thing we have ever done. No senior CB’s... Mow that is tough... but what if.. Lucky number 7...

Nineteenx
15th February 2021, 09:02 PM
Will be the hardest thing we have ever done. No senior CB’s... Mow that is tough... but what if.. Lucky number 7...

If we can work on getting Bobby moving players intent on crowding him out to create the kind of gaps Thiago can use to take 4 or 5 opposition players out of the game and find Mo or Mane or either full back coming infield or LCM or RCM advanced, then we could be onto something

Teams commit 2 or 3 players to trying to crowd Bobby out every game and we need to try and be a bit smarter and look at ways we can exploit that and it can work for us rather than thinking of it as a problem

TheDOC1979
20th February 2021, 08:24 PM
It just fucking did.

teesred
20th February 2021, 08:28 PM
.....and it will get worse still.
We will be 30 points behind City by the end of this season.
Breaking all the wrong records now.
Not one fucking person is defending losing 4 home league games, they should be thoroughly ashamed to a man. Klopp too.

Kev0909
20th February 2021, 08:29 PM
shout out to everyone who was buzzing in mid-week

teesred
20th February 2021, 08:30 PM
shout out to everyone who was buzzing in mid-week

Indeed. A mate at work said we'll beat them today. I had no confidence at all for it.
I don't know how this gets turned around. It looks like a major decline.

Kev0909
20th February 2021, 08:32 PM
Indeed. A mate at work said we'll beat them today. I had no confidence at all for it.
I don't know how this gets turned around. It looks like a major decline.

Yep, they was total trash that's why we beat em, and actually took some chances... and people got to excited

people will probably still say we played well today, like the last defeats

top reds.

TheDOC1979
20th February 2021, 08:33 PM
.....and it will get worse still.
We will be 30 points behind City by the end of this season.
Breaking all the wrong records now.
Not one fucking person is defending losing 4 home league games, they should be thoroughly ashamed to a man. Klopp too.

Buck lies with him. No one wants to call him out on it, but we can blame x,y and z players for being shit, but the manager is somewhat immune.

teesred
20th February 2021, 08:38 PM
He looks like he cant motivate them anymore. Aside from 10 minutes in the second half where was the urgency.
It doesn't matter who we are playing we are simply dreadful. They have got into the habit of feeling sorry for themselves since VvD got injured and now its just like they're in a dump they cant get out of. This fucking season csnt end quick enough but next season will be similar if we aren't in the CL and that looks a nailed on certainty. No CL no players who improve the first team.

fiordearg
20th February 2021, 08:39 PM
Klopp made comments on his last about the the right manager in his last season at BD. A penny for his thoughts as we go through a similar slump after player decisions.

After a disappointing beginning of the season, Klopp announced in April that he would leave Borussia Dortmund at the end of the 2014–15 season, saying "I really think the decision is the right one. This club deserves to be coached from the 100% right manager" as well as adding "I chose this time to announce it because in the last few years some player decisions were made late and there was no time to react", referring to the departures of Götze and Lewandowski in the seasons prior. He denied speculation that he was tired of the role, saying, "It's not that I'm tired, I've not had contact with another club but don't plan to take a sabbatical". Confronted with the thesis that Dortmund's form immediately improved after the announcement, he joked, "If I'd known, I would have announced it at the beginning of the season".

shminkyred
20th February 2021, 08:40 PM
Last season going 1 nil down wouldn't be an issue because you could bet your house we would score at least 1 goal.......now i cant see us scoring......

teesred
20th February 2021, 09:03 PM
Last season going 1 nil down wouldn't be an issue because you could bet your house we would score at least 1 goal.......now i cant see us scoring......

Thats the biggest conundrum. How have that front 3 got to this point? Not so much Salah but the other 2. How is it that there's so many of them out of form? We csn blame injuries but we should still be able to get results most of the time and going 4 games at home with defeats is something I can't fathom. How has that happened? That's the worst Derby performance fir some time. No passion, no will from any of them. 10 mins into every game and we know the story and we have nothing at all to change it either.

We were always going to have a stutter at some point but this is now ridiculous. Its unreal how poor we are and it doesn't look like changing at all. Its going to be like this from now on till the season ends.

Kev0909
20th February 2021, 09:08 PM

Yep as bad as injury's we've got

the front 3 have been mainly fine, yet seem to be terrible this season after last

what the fk is going on??

Bobby can't even hit the ball now for example, salah is to busy trying to dive for penalties every game because it's the only way we can score sometimes the fuck is mane even doing starting at the moment ??

fiordearg
20th February 2021, 09:49 PM
If Bobby tried to kick himself he'd miss right now.

Nineteenx
20th February 2021, 11:53 PM
Initial reports suggest Hendo's injury is lower abductor into groin not hamstring that's probably Hendo out for 8-10 weeks, so yeah, it just got a fuck sight worse

LEGS
21st February 2021, 12:02 AM
Hendo is out for a while now.

Some of our divy fanbase think oh our first eleven looks good we should win.

We have had zero chance to rotate its not an excuse its a fact.

We wont finish top 4 we are gone its clear to see.

I also dont give a shit how much stick I get I have said BCD is not for us and these last four games prove it.

With fans NO WAY do we lose four on the trot at "home".

Steveo
21st February 2021, 12:08 AM
LEGS just because you say it - doesn’t make it so. You don’t know what would happen if fans were there.

No doubt at all that fans have a huge impact but no fans is the same for all teams. All clubs are losing their home support so regardless of how much we as Liverpool fans think we are affected more - all that really does is highlight how great our fans are. The truth is - no fans = a genuine level playing field for the players.

LEGS
21st February 2021, 12:15 AM
LEGS just because you say it - doesn’t make it so. You don’t know what would happen if fans were there.

No doubt at all that fans have a huge impact but no fans is the same for all teams. All clubs are losing their home support so regardless of how much we as Liverpool fans think we are affected more - all that really does is highlight how great our fans are. The truth is - no fans = a genuine level playing field for the players.

I 100% believe that did we ever lose 4 at home under a turd like Roy ???

Stats how away teams winning around 48% of games that isnt normal.

Yes I guess its a level playing field but people saying we won at ANFIELD is not really true is it to me ive said it from day one FANS mean everything especially ours.

City are the best no question and that isnt in doubt.

Look who is near top 6 West Ham Villa and Everton none of em are anywhere near with fans this is very telking.

I cant wait for this shit to finish.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 12:20 AM
Ok mate...

If we were top of the league - I doubt one Liverpool fan would be saying similar, plenty of rival fans would be though.

LEGS
21st February 2021, 12:24 AM
Ok mate...

If we were top of the league - I doubt one Liverpool fan would be saying similar, plenty of rival fans would be though.

I was saying it when we were top.

I got called an idiot in December on Rawk when I said City are favourites.

Not looking an idiot now am I.

BCD totally suits City a f*ck all club.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 12:44 AM
I was saying it when we were top.

I got called an idiot in December on Rawk when I said City are favourites.

Not looking an idiot now am I.

BCD totally suits City a f*ck all club.

To be honest - I think you are because you are making all sorts of excuses because things aren’t panning out as you would like. I know I wouldn’t want a player on my team like that.

If you want to be real - I suggested a big crash would be on the cards a full 18 months ago...! Regardless of any pandemic.

5 months before we started to slip - and 7 months before the first lockdown.

You can blame BCD - injuries - the wind - VAR, but the truth is that a lack of cover at the back - a raft of sick notes and overworked players as a result - is what has cost us most recently - while before that we were not close to what we were in 2020.

That’s not to say everything you are saying is wrong BUT simply that BCD is no excuse for our form.

LEGS
21st February 2021, 12:51 AM
To be honest - I think you are because you are making all sorts of excuses because things are t panning out as you would like. I know I wouldn’t want a player on my team like that.

If you want to be real - I suggested a big crash would occur 18 months ago...! Regardless of any pandemic.

5 months before we started to slip - and 7 months the before the first lockdown.

You can blame BCD - injuries - the wind - VAR, but the truth is that lack of cover is what has cost us most recently - while before that we were not close to what we were in 2020.

Its not really an excuse.

When fans are back we dont lose 4 on the spin thats a fact if we didnt do it under Roy we arent doing it under Klopp.

I have had this debate with a few others I 100% stand by it.

Yes cover is a problem but we have had 10 players out WFT do you expect we get one back one/two get injured.

18 CB pairings this season you aint doing shit with that bad luck.

Some are laying into Klopp we are lucky he is here as if it was Brendan we'd be in a whole heap of shit.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 01:00 AM
Its not really an excuse.

When fans are back we dont lose 4 on the spin thats a fact if we didnt do it under Roy we arent doing it under Klopp.

I have had this debate with a few others I 100% stand by it.

Yes cover is a problem but we have had 10 players out WFT do you expect we get one back one/two get injured.

18 CB pairings this season you aint doing shit with that bad luck.

Some are laying into Klopp we are lucky he is here as if it was Brendan we'd be in a whole heap of shit.

It isn’t a fact - the fact is we have lost 4 on the bounce at home. You saying we wouldn’t if there were fans is just proof of delusion.

Again the 18 CB pairing a is all down to a lack of cover. Nothing to do with what Woy Hodgeson did or didn’t do in his 6 months.

Surely you can see this?

LEGS
21st February 2021, 01:03 AM
Also just for clarity City are by far the best team/squad in the league so no complaints in that.

I'll go further whilst Pep is here City win every title.

Klopp has done what he did at Dortmund but you cant compete over time against a country and that will be proven.

Dont look just at us look at United/Chelsea.

LEGS
21st February 2021, 01:04 AM
It isn’t a fact - the fact is we have lost 4 on the bounce at home. You saying we wouldn’t if there were fans is just proof of delusion

You can say what you like fair enough.

I dont agree and when fans are back i'll be right

CCTV
21st February 2021, 01:06 AM
To be honest - I think you are because you are making all sorts of excuses because things aren’t panning out as you would like. I know I wouldn’t want a player on my team like that.

If you want to be real - I suggested a big crash would be on the cards a full 18 months ago...! Regardless of any pandemic.

5 months before we started to slip - and 7 months before the first lockdown.

You can blame BCD - injuries - the wind - VAR, but the truth is that a lack of cover at the back - a raft of sick notes and overworked players as a result - is what has cost us most recently - while before that we were not close to what we were in 2020.

That’s not to say everything you are saying is wrong BUT simply that BCD is no excuse for our form.

Prior to the 1st lockdown we lost 1 game v Napoli in the group stages, 1 defeat in the league and botched a 1-0 loss in the first leg v Atletico and lost the second leg largely down to Adrian.

Our form dropped off massively after the first lockdown. Your theory re acquired exhaustion only came to fruition after the lockdown.

At least with legs his theory correlates well with the reality of results. Albeit a single factor doesn't explain it all.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 01:06 AM
You can say what you like fair enough.

I dont agree and when fans are back i'll be right

No you won’t be right because it will never be a fact.

We did lose 4 on the bounce back in 1923. Just as we might do again near season - or maybe not for a hundred years..

Facts are facts - what you think does not equate to fact.

A pretty important distinction.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 01:08 AM
Prior to the 1st lockdown we lost 1 game v Napoli in the group stages, 1 defeat in the league and botched a 1-0 loss in the first leg v Atletico and lost the second leg largely down to Adrian.

Our form dropped off massively after the first lockdown. Your theory re acquired exhaustion only came to fruition after the lockdown.

At least with legs his theory correlates well with the reality of results. Albeit a single factor doesn't explain it all.

Except our form dropped off BEFORE lockdown - just go have a look

scientificred
21st February 2021, 01:14 AM
I think Jurgen needs a break but because of this virus it just would not help him.
I feel for him.

shminkyred
21st February 2021, 01:16 AM
That.....and under various versions of Klopps teams we could always score goals....the problem was always the accidents waiting to happen defense....... is he changing that attacking style to be more cautious? I would much rather lose 2-3 than 2 nill .... given our situation I I don't think we have been that bad....but we just don't seem to have any potency up front any more...and for God sake even put one of the young up and coming strikers on.....someone that will kick the ball hard at the goal.....its all too intricate ....

Steveo
21st February 2021, 01:16 AM
@ LEGS and CCTV

We lost 4 of our last 6 games before lockdown. This isn’t difficult to ascertain.

Atletico - 1:0
Watford - 3:0
Chelsea - 2:0
Atletico - 2:3 AET

We only lost 1 of our first 6 games after lockdown

City 4:0

These are facts

Steveo
21st February 2021, 01:20 AM
And @CC

My theory re exhaustion was evident to anyone who goes to games. Ask them how easily we beat Norwich - or Wolves or Shrewsbury x 2.

The writing was on the wall for anyone who knows the game. We were living on the aura. Teams were in awe of us - we took so many points from the start of the 2018/19 season to Christmas 2020... but we were struggling to win games - often just getting over the line - v Wolves with big help from VAR.

First lockdown helped us. But only delayed the inevitable.

CCTV
21st February 2021, 01:27 AM

Excluding Atletico

9 pl games prior to lockdown 1
Won 8 lost 1
Scored 16 - conceded 6 - +10 GD
24/27 points

Exhausted players after a 3 month break
Won 5 drew 2 lost 2
Scored 19 conceded 12 +7 GD
17/27 points

CCTV
21st February 2021, 01:32 AM
We lost a first leg due to our frustration with Atletico, we lost the second leg due to Adrian.

We lost to Chelsea in the fa cup, never a priority under klopp the domestics.

Adrian, Neco, Jones, Lallana, Minamino and Origi all started v Chelsea. Hardly comparing like with like when picking up the domestic cup games

Steveo
21st February 2021, 01:34 AM
We lost 4 of our last 6 games before lockdown

1 of our first 6 after lockdown - in fact - 2 of all the 9 final games.

Spin it how you like - the facts are there :D

CCTV
21st February 2021, 01:39 AM
9 premier league games prior and 9 pl games after lockdown 1

Prior to lockdown 1
Spurs 1-0
Manu 2-0
Wolves 2-1
Wham 2-0
Soton 4-0
Norwich 1-0
Wham 3-2
Watford 0-3
Bournemouth 1-0

After lockdown 1
Everton 0-0
Palace 4-0
City 0-4
Villa 2-0
Brighton 3-1
Burnley 1-1
Arse 1-2
Chelsea 5-3
Toon 3-1

CCTV
21st February 2021, 01:41 AM
We lost 4 of our last 6 games before lockdown

1 of our first 6 after lockdown - in fact - 2 of all the 9 final games.

Spin it how you like - the facts are there :D

You are comparing a cup side versus a pl side.

If you want to ignore the difference in Klopps selections between the two competitions that's fine.

How do you fit the results were down to accumulated fatigue.

Were Lallana, Jones, Neco, Adrian, Origi and Minamino run down due to too much football.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 01:42 AM
Lost 4 in 6 prior to lockdown

lost 2 in 9 after

Just to clarify the facts

You can make any number of excuses you like mate. Call into question every refereeing decision ever dubious VAR call etc.

The facts are in the results and also in watching the performances - lots of huffing and puffing and just getting over the line - then suddenly the losses started to mount - then lockdown.

CCTV
21st February 2021, 01:44 AM
Yet the first team players regularly picked in the starting 11 of premier league sides got worse results after their 3 Month covid lockdown break.

Interesting how players who played in the fa cup had very few minutes played but are cited in a accumulated fatigue claim proof.
🤔😂

Steveo
21st February 2021, 01:47 AM
Lost 4 games in last 6 prior to lockdown.

Lost 2 games in 9 after restart.

How are the sheep looking this time of year?

CCTV
21st February 2021, 01:49 AM
Lost 4 in 6 prior to lockdown

lost 2 in 9 after

Just to clarify the facts

You can make any number of excuses you like mate. Call into question every refereeing decision ever dubious VAR call etc.

The facts are in the results and also in watching the performances - lots of huffing and puffing and just getting over the line - then suddenly the losses started to mount - then lockdown.

Yes the facts are there the side got 17 out of 27 points after lockdown in the premier league.

Whilst they got 24/27 points in the premier league prior to lockdown. A better goal difference too.

I see your not looking at draws.
8 wins and 1 loss prior

Versus
5 wins 2 draws & 2 losses

All I've done is compare the 9 pl games before and after the lockdown

I'm not making any other bizarre claims like citing a loss in a domestic cup, known under Klopp to be weakened sides, where 6 of the players who started had barely played any football and are part of your proof for exhaustion - from rarely playing football :D

CCTV
21st February 2021, 01:53 AM
Never have footballers who played so little football, done so much in proving the impact of exhaustion from playing too much football.

The temerity:D

Steveo
21st February 2021, 01:57 AM
Haha...

Just make the bizarre claim that losing 4 in 6 is in fact better than losing 2 in 9 - even when half of that 2 was after the title was already won.

Go wind up the sheep - I’m about to count them :D

CCTV
21st February 2021, 02:17 AM
Maybe in your dreams you can travel back and rescue Jones, Lallana, Neco, Adrian, Origi and Minamino from having played too much football and being exhausted under Klopps reign of terror.

They were a clear sign of the exhaustion from having to play so many games over recent seasons under Klopp.
Not, NOT a weakened side as is usual in the cups.

Sick note adam played so much football in recent seasons

Adrian bolloxed from pressing and counter pressing, having arrived in summer 2019

Origi clearly playing too much football.

Klopp ran down minamino since January with all that football.

Neco and Jones poor young kids wrecked from too much football under Klopp.

It's worse than the inclusion of the cup games to make the with without hendo effect artificially bigger than it was/is.

CCTV
21st February 2021, 02:20 AM
2 senior players who rarely played

2 senior players bolloxed by the lack of additions in summer 2019 having played so much football before summer 2019 - both arrived after the timeline

And 2 emerging youth players that barely kicked a ball before summer 2019

All bolloxed from the accumulated fatigue :D

Temerity thy name is Steveo ;)

Insidious
21st February 2021, 02:33 AM
Apparently if Henderson makes it to the second half today, then the Henderson+Kabak partnership becomes the longest pairing of the season, with the current "record" run being two and a half games of Henderson and Phillips.

That's absolutely mental if it's accurate.

jr81
21st February 2021, 08:49 AM
Apparently if Henderson makes it to the second half today, then the Henderson+Kabak partnership becomes the longest pairing of the season, with the current "record" run being two and a half games of Henderson and Phillips.

That's absolutely mental if it's accurate.

You jinxed it 😊
That is mad when you see it like that..

Insidious
21st February 2021, 10:29 AM
You jinxed it 😊

It's a lot of change - which is compounded by the fact we have probably had 10 or so combinations of midfield 3 - which wouldn't be an enormous problem in-and-of itself, but when paired with the centre-back problem, the issues definitely stack.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 10:44 AM
2 senior players who rarely played

2 senior players bolloxed by the lack of additions in summer 2019 having played so much football before summer 2019 - both arrived after the timeline

And 2 emerging youth players that barely kicked a ball before summer 2019

All bolloxed from the accumulated fatigue :D

Temerity thy name is Steveo ;)

Well well well.. In desperation Jones is now included as a genuine first team player back in January and February of 2020... :D so too is Neco Williams... But guess what - if they play in cup competition then they don’t count. HAHA

There must be some serious GM croppage in your neck of the woods..

Batshit crazy.

Regardless of the players stated and if you really believe they were good enough alternatives at the time.. Klopp clearly did not. So he must either be in favour of running his star players into the ground OR - and far more likely - he simply doesn’t have enough star players even to compete on more than one front!

jr81
21st February 2021, 10:49 AM
Well well well.. In desperation Jones is now included as a genuine first team player back in January and February of 2020... :D so too is Neco Williams... But guess what - if they play in cup competition then they don’t count. HAHA

Batshit crazy.

Regardless of the players stated and if you really believe they were good enough alternatives at the time.. Klopp clearly did not. So he must either be in favour of running his star players into the ground OR - and far more likely - he simply doesn’t have enough star players even to compete on more than one front!

The last part of what you say. He hasn't enough quality players. I'm starting to believe he doesn't trust many players outside of a core 12 to 13 and the majority of those are injured. With all our mounting problems and games he still isn't rotating. Theikes of tmiskas, ox and origi have been available but never play. So he obviously doesn't rate them to play. That's my thinking.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 10:51 AM
You jinxed it 😊

Sadly tempting fate is a recurring theme in life. This forum is no different.

Summer 2020 - Musings on here that our data analysis team influence the buying of players seemingly immune to injury - or those with outstanding injury record...
Check

Summer 2020: Ramblings that we have 3 or 4 players for most positions....
Check.

Laughing at the lowly league position of United in the “Demise of” Thread....
Check

Look what happens next.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 10:56 AM
The last part of what you say. He hasn't enough quality players. I'm starting to believe he doesn't trust many players outside of a core 12 to 13 and the majority of those are injured. With all our mounting problems and games he still isn't rotating. Theikes of tmiskas, ox and origi have been available but never play. So he obviously doesn't rate them to play. That's my thinking.

And you would be right. The question is who is to blame for that.

Some will blame Klopp and I will blame the owners.

LEGS
21st February 2021, 10:58 AM

We did lose 4 on the bounce back in 1923. Just as we might do again near season - or maybe not for a hundred years..

Ok its not a fact you are correct wrong choice of wording by me.

I'll phrase it again when fans are back for the first lets say 3 seasons I dont think we lose 4 at Anfield on the trot.

You had to go back to 1923 to show the last time it happened, i'd say its highly unlikely to happen in our lifetime again.

If im so wrong why does everyone say the crowd is the 12th man etc it clearly does have an impact as stats all over Europe prove this.

I said this 3-4 months ago when we beat Barca 4-0 do you think we beat them 2 years ago 4-0 BCD ??? YES or NO.....im saying NO.

jr81
21st February 2021, 11:00 AM
And you would be right. The question is who is to blame for that.

Some will blame Klopp and I will blame the owners.
Probably a bit of both?
I don't klopp has always gotten his 1st choice player.
2ndly and this is just what I read and has been said on here, is that Klopp likes a small squad of players to work with. That's OK of it is packed with quality. Ours isn't.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 11:00 AM
But nobody would argue with that. I have stated the same myself.

We know it has an effect - a huge effect in fact - but that does not mean we know the outcome.

Who would have known we would go 4 years without losing at Anfield and the. Lose 4 on the trot?

Who would have known that a global pandemic would keep the world stuck indoors?

jr81
21st February 2021, 11:01 AM
Sadly tempting fate is a recurring theme in life. This forum is no different.

Summer 2020 - Musings on here that our data analysis team influence the buying of players seemingly immune to injury - or those with outstanding injury record...
Check

Summer 2020: Ramblings that we have 3 or 4 players for most positions....
Check.

Laughing at the lowly league position of United in the “Demise of” Thread....
Check

Look what happens next.

What happens next? Don't say Relegation?

Steveo
21st February 2021, 11:04 AM
Probably a bit of both?
I don't klopp has always gotten his 1st choice player.
2ndly and this is just what I read and has been said on here, is that Klopp likes a small squad of players to work with. That's OK of it is packed with quality. Ours isn't.

Again probably correct - Klopp is not blameless. But he has achieved so much with relatively so little ( relative net spend ) it seems crazy now to put all the blame on him.

LEGS
21st February 2021, 11:11 AM
But nobody would argue with that. I have stated the same myself.

We know it has an effect - a huge effect in fact - but that does not mean we know the outcome.

Who would have known we would go 4 years without losing at Anfield and the. Lose 4 on the trot?

Who would have known that a global pandemic would keep the world stuck indoors?

Klopp has been here over 5 years at no point has he EVER had results like this here.

Im going on what has happened THIS season and in my head it adds up, you have toxic fan bases like Villa West Ham and Everton funny how they are doing ok without em hey.

People make predictions all the time its like me saying Pulis would make a shit manager here its not a fact but its highly likely he fails !

Mbappe/Haaland might not score 10 goals a season here, I think they would but anyone can argue they wont and they could be right.

Anyway the league is pretty much dead for us this season and we have had bad luck with sime injuries but certain players need to go as they are never fit we know who they are.

jr81
21st February 2021, 11:17 AM
Again probably correct - Klopp is not blameless. But he has achieved so much with relatively so little ( relative net spend ) it seems crazy now to put all the blame on him.

Im not putting all the blame on him. I'm convinced as a manager there is no way he could 100% happy with the squad.
He has been brilliant and for us and I'm convinced once all the players are back he will have us up there again.

teesred
21st February 2021, 11:35 AM

We'll lose 5 on the bounce at home. Chelsea is our next home league game.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 11:42 AM
Im not putting all the blame on him. I'm convinced as a manager there is no way he could 100% happy with the squad.
He has been brilliant and for us and I'm convinced once all the players are back he will have us up there again.

Once the players are all back they will be a season and a half older than they were when I believe they started to burn out. Milner will be too old. Hendo - already starting to pick up injuries after 2/3 consecutive games - Gini likely gone.. Gomez will always be a risk - Matip likely gone and can't depend on him either way. Is Kabak or Davies going to step up to partner Virgil IF he also comes back at 100%..?

There is work to do and all our rivals have also improved over the time. This is why you strike when you are on top. For us that lost summer and pathetic January (Minamino) is going to prove hugely costly.

I have been banging on about it like a broken record ( apologies ) since September 2019 - surely the pundits will start their expert analysis in the next few months - let's see how long it take the inbreds to get there.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 11:42 AM

We will beat them - Klopp can't lose to the Tuchas

teesred
21st February 2021, 11:45 AM

I'd say that's pretty much fact. Philips a guy who almost left in the summer but yet is still a genuine CB has been overlooked to play midfielders in that position.
Crazy when you think about it and a real mistake from Klopp. The constant chop change of CBs this season has had an effect for sure, we might not be much better off had he for instance played Williams and Philips from the off together so they forged some form of partnership but I'd say having Hendo and Fab in midfield would have garnered atleast a few more points.
The injuries have had a knock on effect on many more things aside from the just defence, its clear that its gradually eroded our confidence all round.

teesred
21st February 2021, 11:55 AM
Once the players are all back they will be a season and a half older than they were when I believe they started to burn out. Milner will be too old. Hendo - already starting to pick up injuries after 2/3 consecutive games - Gini likely gone.. Gomez will always be a risk - Matip likely gone and can't depend on him either way. Is Kabak or Davies going to step up to partner Virgil IF he also comes back at 100%..?

There is work to do and all our rivals have also improved over the time. This is why you strike when you are on top. For us that lost summer and pathetic January (Minamino) is going to prove hugely costly.

I have been banging on about it like a broken record ( apologies ) since September 2019 - surely the pundits will start their expert analysis in the next few months - let's see how long it take the inbreds to get there.

100 effing percent right.
Obviously its become a tired argument for us all now but it still remains the same. FSG have not done enough to keep us where we were or more importantly where we were heading. They have rested on their laurels and thought that it was job done.

I really do think their time is coming to an end because I cannot see them doing what is required and its not simply going to be a case of "we'll be back" once certain players are fit. This team has peaked and needs to be adjusted. Rebuild is not the word, more like the brickwork needs re-pointing.

TheDOC1979
21st February 2021, 12:25 PM

I'm worried about bottom of the table Sheffield United to be honest

LEGS
21st February 2021, 12:41 PM
I'm worried about bottom of the table Sheffield United to be honest

Yep i'll be honest I dont fancy us in any league game at the minute.

The sharpness has gone we arent hunting the ball as a pack like we did I think we are knackered.

I have noticed as well we dont bring the ball under control its bouncing off us quite often.

Just saw Sheff Utd decision last night its comical that wasnt given as a penalty, you cant be the richest league and have these idiots as officials its not good enough.

I would also insist that no Manchester based ref does our games either.

I mean would Mike Dean be allowed to ref Liverpool v Utd/City ?

Its ok for Anyhony Taylor as he supports "Altringham" as much as Tyler supports "Woking".

TheDOC1979
21st February 2021, 12:46 PM
Yep i'll be honest I dont fancy us in any league game at the minute.

The sharpness has gone we arent hunting the ball as a pack like we did I think we are knackered.

I have noticed as well we dont bring the ball under control its bouncing off us quite often.

Just saw Sheff Utd decision last night its comical that wasnt given as a penalty, you cant be the richest league and have these idiots as officials its not good enough.

I would also insist that no Manchester based ref does our games either.

I mean would Mike Dean be allowed to ref Liverpool v Utd/City ?

Its ok for Anyhony Taylor as he supports "Altringham" as much as Tyler supports "Woking".

Bouncing off, first touch isn't there and the passing has been extremely short.

Less said about our forward play the better to be honest.

You're spot on regarding the EPL being the best in the world, yet having awful officiating. I agree, the penally for Everton was a none decision, and the ref didn't even watch the replay. I cant agree that its a conspiracy against us, no matter how many decisions go against us.

I'd say the only way is up, but we've been saying this for a while and I for one am extremely worried about how we're going to get our next goal, before even thinking about our next win.

Kev0909
21st February 2021, 01:13 PM
I reckon we'll get a penalty via salah at shef utd and win don't worry lads

CCTV
21st February 2021, 02:17 PM

Batshit crazy.

To date
Jones has played 2,347 mins of 1st team football
Neco has 1,368 mins of 1st team football

These are 2 kids who hardly fit, as with the other 4, 2 signed after the time proposed, as proof of the accumulated fatigue proposal.

Klopps taken the domestic cups as he has, giving b-teamers a chance to play.
Now you're alleging these games as proof of star players being run into the ground. When these by and large are games he rests star players in

While your at it maybe add the 5-0 loss to villa in the efl cup as a proof of the accumulated fatigue of our star players manifesting in a bad loss :D a host of star players fatigued from all the 1st team football:D
https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/3276469

Klopp hasn't taken the cups too seriously as they are diminished in the modern game. He's prioritised league and CL as that's where the glory and money resides. It gives young players a chance and back up players theirs.

Now for clarity are you saying
A) these 6 players aren't 1st team stars, ergo accumulated fatigue claim does not apply
Yet game is cited as proof

Or

B) they are first team stars and accumulated fatigue claim is made, when each of them had played so little football coming into the 19/20 season.

Or is it time for something else entirely, that in 19/20 Klopp picked weakened teams unlike other years due to your proposed acquired fatigue.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 03:09 PM
I am saying that it is beyond boring - might not be if you live in a field - and pointless talking about this with someone who so clearly refuses to even acknowledge facts - preferring to twist excuses out - change goal posts and generally talk in a code language I do not wish to engage in.

The owners have failed to back the manager and the team has run out of energy as a result.

That is my opinion - you choose yours.

eggy81
21st February 2021, 04:10 PM
I’d say we might see huge changes in the summer. Watching other teams this season even the tier of teams in and around 5th and 6th have much better quality in the bench and in midfield than us and are all playing with more energy and drive than us. Well get to see can klopp regenerate a team in this next couple of years. Be nice if we could be in a position to challenge again by 23/24 before he goes

stevie harkness
21st February 2021, 05:28 PM
We know we haven't hit rock bottom yet if we're assuming Klopp will still be in charge.

teesred
21st February 2021, 05:55 PM
I’d say we might see huge changes in the summer. Watching other teams this season even the tier of teams in and around 5th and 6th have much better quality in the bench and in midfield than us and are all playing with more energy and drive than us. Well get to see can klopp regenerate a team in this next couple of years. Be nice if we could be in a position to challenge again by 23/24 before he goes

Depends on where we finish and even if we do make the top 4 will there be huge changes? It costs a lot of money. We need a couple of first team signings aswell as major upgrades to the bench.
Theres a lot of deadwood on big contracts, not easy to shift them.

scientificred
21st February 2021, 08:17 PM
The only massive change in form such as we are experiencing now and from my 55 years of following football is Leicester City but their's was in the opposite direction.
Newly promoted to the PL for 2014/15 season they were bottom of the table and 8 points from safety at the start of April 2015 but somehow managed 7 wins from their remaining 9 games and continued such form throughout the 2015/16 season to claim their first ever championship title by 10 points.
No great money spent either.
Wish I had put £10 on them at 5000/1 to pull it off.
Remarkable.
I hope we manage to reverse our firm in such a manner but we seem devoid of ideas, look toothless, spineless and headless.
I think many teams have worked out how to play us.
We only seem to have plan A and it has now not worked for a protracted period of time.
Something needs to change.

Nineteenx
21st February 2021, 09:17 PM
We know we haven't hit rock bottom yet if we're assuming Klopp will still be in charge.

FSG appointed him after his season like this with Dortmund, albeit without the major injuries of officiating issues, one of the things that impressed Jurgen was that they had an understanding of just how fine the margins had been in so many of Dortmund's games that season and they bombarded him with lots of positive stats showing Dortmund had been the better team in most of their games despite the results, and it was this understanding that sealed Jurgen's decision to join us, so I don't have any doubt Jurgen will still be in charge

dicko1969
21st February 2021, 09:30 PM

Ffs Parry !

dicko1969
21st February 2021, 09:38 PM
I'd say that's pretty much fact. Philips a guy who almost left in the summer but yet is still a genuine CB has been overlooked to play midfielders in that position.
Crazy when you think about it and a real mistake from Klopp. The constant chop change of CBs this season has had an effect for sure, we might not be much better off had he for instance played Williams and Philips from the off together so they forged some form of partnership but I'd say having Hendo and Fab in midfield would have garnered atleast a few more points.
The injuries have had a knock on effect on many more things aside from the just defence, its clear that its gradually eroded our confidence all round.

The injuries
Especially VVD and Jota

The key VAR v Everton at Goodison and at Brighton.

Then knocks the confidence.

Now in freefall.

From 30 to 40 points ... weren't we on 30 something at Xmas / New year.

2 wins in 11
Horrendous.

scientificred
21st February 2021, 09:44 PM
Following Virgil's injury and our 7-2 defeat v Villa our firm was pretty good
P 16
W 10
D 5
L 1 v Atalanta
Goals For 36
Goals Against 11
Culminating in a 7-0 away win at Palace.

Next up was WBA at home
19th in table with new manager Sam Allardyce who had been away from the game for 2.5 years.
Had one game in charge prior to this which WBA lost 3-0.
Captain Jake Livermore was sent off in that game so was missing for LFC match.
Allardyce was/is a great student of the game and had no doubt watched us many times.
His game plan completely nullified us.
Liverpool stats
Possession 79%
Shots 17 with just 2 on target
WBA stats
Shots 3 with just 1 on target for the equaliser.
That game triggered a remarkable dip in form for us which we have not broken out of.
All those trends still persist for us.
That is where the rot started.
Perhaps Sam has shared his LFC dossier with everyone?
In my opinion something has been wrong following that particular game.
Others may blame VAR and tiredness and injuries and lack of signings but we were doing alright and top of the table at the time despite significant injury problems.
Following that good run of 16 games with just 1 defeat we have 9 points from 11 games starting with that WBA game.

teesred
21st February 2021, 10:23 PM
Following Virgil's injury and our 7-2 defeat v Villa our firm was pretty good
P 16
W 10
D 5
L 1 v Atalanta
Goals For 36
Goals Against 11
Culminating in a 7-0 away win at Palace.

Next up was WBA at home
19th in table with new manager Sam Allardyce who had been away from the game for 2.5 years.
Had one game in charge prior to this which WBA lost 3-0.
Captain Jake Livermore was sent off in that game so was missing for LFC match.
Allardyce was/is a great student of the game and had no doubt watched us many times.
His game plan completely nullified us.
Liverpool stats
Possession 79%
Shots 17 with just 2 on target
WBA stats
Shots 3 with just 1 on target for the equaliser.
That game triggered a remarkable dip in form for us which we have not broken out of.
All those trends still persist for us.
That is where the rot started.
Perhaps Sam has shared his LFC dossier with everyone?
In my opinion something has been wrong following that particular game.
Others may blame VAR and tiredness and injuries and lack of signings but we were doing alright and top of the table at the time despite significant injury problems.
Following that good run of 16 games with just 1 defeat we have 9 points from 11 games starting with that WBA game.

What makes you think its that game that's been the catalyst for this bad run? Surely can't be just that game.
We did play a few park the bus teams and our scoring troubles started then like so you might be right but we had the 2 wins against Spurs and Wham were we looked much better and possibly coming out of it but its got much worse since.

dicko1969
21st February 2021, 10:26 PM
What makes you think its that game that's been the catalyst for this bad run? Surely can't be just that game.
We did play a few park the bus teams and our scoring troubles started then like so you might be right but we had the 2 wins against Spurs and Wham were we looked much better and possibly coming out of it but its got much worse since.

The Everton away a big day.
The state of klopps face said it all.
He knew that day we wouldn't win the league.

Then we seem to cope.

But then from that WBA game we just got into a rut.
Can't score freely
Possibly after jota injury.

scientificred
21st February 2021, 10:38 PM
The results prior to that game and the results since are in stark contrast.
It lacks any explanation.
It seems to me that something happened to our mindset during that game and we have never recovered from it.
We concede too easily now from limited opportunities and have many shots at goal but few on target and those that are so often quite limp.
The 2 wins you mentioned were quite decent but were in reality just a lull in the storm.
It seems now that with this last run of 11 games a malaise has set in initially slowly but is now total. We appear clueless and nervous to boot.

stevie harkness
21st February 2021, 10:40 PM
FSG appointed him after his season like this with Dortmund, albeit without the major injuries of officiating issues, one of the things that impressed Jurgen was that they had an understanding of just how fine the margins had been in so many of Dortmund's games that season and they bombarded him with lots of positive stats showing Dortmund had been the better team in most of their games despite the results, and it was this understanding that sealed Jurgen's decision to join us, so I don't have any doubt Jurgen will still be in charge

Not sure they've got stats to show we were the better team this season. And besides, it might not be their decision to make.

scientificred
21st February 2021, 10:53 PM
Can we get back to heavy metal football?
It was often scary but oh so exciting hanging onto that ride?

Insidious
21st February 2021, 11:10 PM

With our current injury situation, probably not sadly. Perhaps in targeted games. Champion's League for example if we reach the quarters?

skyebo
21st February 2021, 11:24 PM

He seems to prefer easy listening at the moment, though it's certainly not easier on the eye.

TheDOC1979
21st February 2021, 11:43 PM

When was the last time we played heavy metal football?

We seemed a lot more classical last season, focusing on winning the game than blitzing appointments