PDA

View Full Version : Your team v RV Leipzig

Insidious
14th February 2021, 12:41 AM
A very difficult spell for us just now. A couple of weeks of no Football would probably do us good for a collective head shower, but hopefully a non-League game can get our minds off some of the difficulty.

.........................Alisson

Trent...Phillips.....Kabak...Robertson

.......................Henderson

...............Jones..........Wijnaldum

.....Salah...........Firmino.........Mane

I want to play Fabinho but with him having had 3 muscle injuries already this season I haven't included him. Will trust whatever our medical department/Klopp does.

teesred
14th February 2021, 12:55 AM
I'd play Thiago in European games.
Dont think Jones was good today. Played it safe again when we need more, I know he's only a kid but he needs to prove he can do things differently and not just make up the numbers. Weve got too many midfielders like that already.

miller0863
14th February 2021, 01:57 AM
Agree Tees, think Thiago will be more affective in Europe

Kev0909
14th February 2021, 02:07 AM
Irish

Trent...Phillips.....Kabak...Robertson

.......................Henderson

...............Thiago..........Ox

.....Shaq...........Firmino.........Salah

Allison has become a accident waiting to happen, can't afford to give stupid goals away in this competition

miller0863
14th February 2021, 02:33 AM
We’re giving stupid goals away anyway so may as well have the rest of the team functioning to the best possible level.

Need to get back to scoring 2 or 3 goals per game and expect to concede a goal or two. And when we do, let’s not collectively shit ourselves and cave in to the inevitable defeat.

Nineteenx
14th February 2021, 06:07 AM
Is Fabinho definitely out?

Alisson

Trent Phillips Fabinho Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

I think Kabak needs more time, 2 awful mistakes today that were both born out of not being used to the other players and our holding the line where/as we do, sure he'll get there, but this game is a big game and a great opportunity so better to have a CB in there who understands how we play, knows the players better and although they have some limitations and weaknesses, does the basics of how we play.

I said it from day dot following the injuries and I'll keep saying it, our best chances of protecting the defence, scoring more goals and conceding less is having Hendo CM Gini and another who can operate as they did last season and getting our press and counter press back to something approaching those levels

I think this game is a great opportunity for the lads, to go and be Liverpool, be the mentality monsters and play like Liverpool, I honestly think they have done this in most games in the Prem this season, but the officiating has definitely got to them, it's easy to bash or knock them, but when, despite being considerably understrength you've played an almost perfect game all things considered for 80 plus minutes and are set for a mentality monsters style 'not at our best, but controlled it, restricted them to virtually nothing and got the win' style win and game after game after game after game, having done everything right, the officials are not giving you a single decision and looking to give the opposition parity at every single opportunity to do so, it's going to have an affect.

That's unavoidable, what's happening to our lads and the process of how it is happening is the same as work place discrimination or harassment and how employers go about trying to constructively dismiss people, it's targeted calculated abuse designed to wear you down and break your resolve, every single time you go to work, our lads have to fight with everything they have to rise above it, shrug it off and be themselves, however difficult it is, and it is really fucking difficult, I've been in that situation with some horrible Manc cunts in a place of work too

But this game is the Champions League, it is like working/playing under a different employer and an opportunity to go out and do all the right things and things we do really fucking well on a level playing field and I hope the lads relish the opportunity to do that for a rare game given the abominable, appalling and unacceptable treatment they've been subjected to week in week out in their Premier League place of work and produce a free and inspired performance as a result

justme
14th February 2021, 09:18 AM
Unsure of a new backline ie Kabak and Philips. (is Philips even allowed to play?) Anyway i would give Henderson one more game at centre back. I want him back in midfield after that

ianlfc
14th February 2021, 10:13 AM
As long as Henderson is in midfield we'll have a better chance of getting anything out of the game.
This team like to attack so it's going to be tough.

LEGS
14th February 2021, 11:22 AM
Best leaving these team predictions to the day seems as we get a new injury every game !

Insidious
14th February 2021, 11:23 PM
Just got through the first leg in such a fashion that we have a chance in the second.

Please.

jozza800
14th February 2021, 11:44 PM
Unsure of a new backline ie Kabak and Philips. (is Philips even allowed to play?) Anyway i would give Henderson one more game at centre back. I want him back in midfield after that

He was added to the squad. I'd go with him and Kabak. Hendo and if fit Fab back in midfield.

Alli

TTT - Phillips - Kabak - Robbo

Hendo - Fan - Wij

Salah - Firmino - Mane

southernboy
15th February 2021, 02:04 AM
Best leaving these team predictions to the day seems as we get a new injury every game !

More like every training session mate. Seriously, we seem to pick up more injuries between matches.

Insidious
15th February 2021, 09:26 AM

They aren't prediction threads, but I know what you mean - it's been such a difficult season in that regard.

Amazing really that 2nd spot is 6 points away. We're not exactly looking in a position to do a lot about that given that we have lost 3 games in a row of course, but there's some comfort in knowing that if we got a couple of decent results soon we can hang onto being in the European spots a bit longer and see what we can manage in the business end of the season.

skyebo
15th February 2021, 12:16 PM
They aren't prediction threads, but I know what you mean - it's been such a difficult season in that regard.

Amazing really that 2nd spot is 6 points away. We're not exactly looking in a position to do a lot about that given that we have lost 3 games in a row of course, but there's some comfort in knowing that if we got a couple of decent results soon we can hang onto being in the European spots a bit longer and see what we can manage in the business end of the season.

Thanks Sid.

skyebo
15th February 2021, 12:20 PM
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Fabinho
Davies
Robertson
Henderson
Thiago
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Salah
Firmino
Shaqiri

southernboy
15th February 2021, 02:35 PM
Keita back to training. Probably not for long but hey.

TheDOC1979
15th February 2021, 03:13 PM
If the players can get their act together and focus, Leipzig is in for a blitz

teesred
15th February 2021, 03:21 PM
Keita back to training. Probably not for long but hey.
Hes out again. Pulled his back putting his shoes on the hallway of his house this morning. 3 month out.

southernboy
15th February 2021, 03:26 PM
Hes out again. Pulled his back putting his shoes on the hallway of his house this morning. 3 month out.

You jest, but he’s definitely not available tomorrow.

scientificred
15th February 2021, 03:45 PM
More like every training session mate. Seriously, we seem to pick up more injuries between matches.
Alison got injured in training before Villa match and was out for 6 weeks. Reputedly had head collision v Kelleher before last match and now Kelleher is unavailable for how long? (was there not another collision involving Alison in between resulting in players missing games ? What is happening in training?
Everton will be a fierce game. Anyone worried about more serious injuries happening in that game?
On a historical point I remember Jim Beglin being crippled by Gary Stevens in the Derby back in 1987. He was ably replacing Alan Kennedy. He would have been our world class left back for the next 10 years.
It was apparently a mis-timed tackle.

Steveo
15th February 2021, 03:51 PM
Alison got injured in training before Villa match and was out for 6 weeks. Reputedly had head collision v Kelleher before last match and now Kelleher is unavailable for how long? (was there not another collision involving Alison in between resulting in players missing games ? What is happening in training?
Everton will be a fierce game. Anyone worried about more serious injuries happening in that game?
On a historical point I remember Jim Beglin being crippled by Gary Stevens in the Derby back in 1987. He was ably replacing Alan Kennedy. He would have been our world class left back for the next 10 years.
It was apparently a mis-timed tackle.

Yep Beglin was genuine top quality - it was a crying shame that one.

scientificred
15th February 2021, 04:01 PM
Yep Beglin was genuine top quality - it was a crying shame that one.
Link to that incident
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnHqlz1tbPM

miller0863
15th February 2021, 04:09 PM
Milner and Fabinho will also miss the game.

Kev0909
15th February 2021, 04:13 PM

Looks like Henderson will be forced to go to midfield on the bright side.......

Wij and Shaq/jones I guess?

Never know at this rate even Ox might get on the pitch.

ianlfc
15th February 2021, 04:43 PM

Fab definitely out ?

Steveo
15th February 2021, 04:56 PM
Fab definitely out ?

No sign of him in training

miller0863
15th February 2021, 05:07 PM
“Likely to miss” was the term used

skyebo
15th February 2021, 06:15 PM
That's my line up down the swanee.

ianlfc
15th February 2021, 07:25 PM
I really shouldn't be surprised. A clean sheet is needed but with no regular centrehalfs and a keeper short of confidence that's going to be highly unlikely.

LEGS
15th February 2021, 07:45 PM
We can win mate these arent always secure at the back.

They are a wild team I think we'll score.

Get through and then its QF time we know when you get that far its game on.

trueandred
15th February 2021, 07:56 PM
Yep Beglin was genuine top quality - it was a crying shame that one.I was watching the game and it was an awful tackle, I played against him here in Waterford in the local leagues under 12's, he was an amazing player even then we all knew he had the X factor.

ianlfc
15th February 2021, 08:35 PM
We can win mate these arent always secure at the back.

They are a wild team I think we'll score.

Get through and then its QF time we know when you get that far its game on.

Yeah thats the plan,Just get into the next round. For years even a defeat in the away first leg wasn't the end of it as we had to bring them to Anfield with a full stadium under the lights. Sadly We don't have that this season.

LEGS
15th February 2021, 08:47 PM
Yeah thats the plan,Just get into the next round. For years even a defeat in the away first leg wasn't the end of it as we had to bring them to Anfield with a full stadium under the lights. Sadly We don't have that this season.

Not having the real Anfield makes it harder but it is what it is.

Steveo
15th February 2021, 08:54 PM
I was watching the game and it was an awful tackle, I played against him here in Waterford in the local leagues under 12's, he was an amazing player even then we all knew he had the X factor.

I saw him a few times - IMO he was as good as anything we have ever had at Left back... Had literally all the tools - could play in the middle too. Was good enough to go and play for the best sides in Europe. Total tragedy what happened.

Makes you realise the risk all players take when they go out on the pitch. Especially back than - the rules today and the cameras mean that the most sickening and dangerous defending we saw so often back then is pretty rare nowadays.

If Beglin doesn’t get that injury - our history and subsequent demise in the early 90’s might be quite different.

trueandred
15th February 2021, 08:56 PM
I agree totally and what a player. The best player to come out of this neck of the woods for sure.

Nineteenx
15th February 2021, 08:56 PM
I saw him a few times - IMO he was as good as anything we have ever had at Left back... Had literally all the tools - could play in the middle too. Was good enough to go and play for the best sides in Europe. Total tragedy what happened.

Makes you realise the risk all players take when they go out on the pitch. Especially back than - the rules today and the cameras mean that the most sickening and dangerous defending we saw so often back then is pretty rare nowadays.

If Beglin doesn’t get that injury - our history and subsequent demise in the early 90’s might be quite different.

Mark Wright getting injured as he did was a major blow also, he was a great CB, for me the best we had after Jockey and Lawro until Virgil came

Steveo
15th February 2021, 09:06 PM
I agree totally and what a player. The best player to come out of this neck of the woods for sure.

There was also a fantastic and hugely underrated player from just 100 miles up the road. Whelan - another one of my favourite players.

https://youtu.be/VYy9YpVw_1I

Fabulous player our Ronny Whelan.

Steveo
15th February 2021, 09:07 PM
Mark Wright getting injured as he did was a major blow also, he was a great CB, for me the best we had after Jockey and Lawro until Virgil came

Yep - let’s hope Virgil comes back in good shape - you never know with these long term injuries.

CCTV
15th February 2021, 11:38 PM
There was also a fantastic and hugely underrated player from just 100 miles up the road. Whelan - another one of my favourite players.

https://youtu.be/VYy9YpVw_1I

Fabulous player our Ronny Whelan.

Does great commentary, sticks the boot in where applicable and provides good insight.

CCTV
15th February 2021, 11:39 PM
United had some good fortune playing these with a diamond. Might be an option for Jurgen to augment our setup slightly.

skyebo
15th February 2021, 11:44 PM
Does great commentary, sticks the boot in where applicable and provides good insight.

Whelan used to get a lot of stick from the crowd, never understood why, he was a great player who also chipped in with his fair share of goals. Souness said they missed him when he wasn't playing. They even had scapegoats back then, incredible.

Steveo
16th February 2021, 12:14 AM

Honestly mate - he was an excellent player

CCTV
16th February 2021, 06:41 AM
Honestly mate - he was an excellent player

My impression of him...

Ronnie you were an excellent player.

No, I just kept things simple. Kenny...

Ronnie on commentary - doing his nut regarding several teams.
They just can't do the simple things, x, y and z, here, there, see this, see that...

Nice man

Steveo
16th February 2021, 09:42 AM
The simple things are so often the hardest.

https://youtu.be/z3l5zUw8vGM

justme
16th February 2021, 09:50 AM
Link to that incident
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnHqlz1tbPM

Wow what a challenge.. I know Stevens was late. But he must of really left one in there to break some ones leg.. Once your late in a challenge you should naturally relax your leg and not put the full force into it.. Things never change when we play the bitters.

reddownunder
16th February 2021, 10:40 AM
Alisson
Trent Phillips Kabak Robertson
Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane

I'm inclined to give Phillips a start to counter the aerial threat of Poulsen. Also might be a good game to have Thiago out there with Jones replacing him for the derby.

miller0863
16th February 2021, 04:48 PM
10 players we have unavailable for this one.
Grief.

Insidious
16th February 2021, 05:20 PM
10 players we have unavailable for this one.
Grief.

They're missing a few as well.

Main thing for me is to still be in it for the second leg. That could be a low-scoring loss, a draw or a win. I'd struggle to stomach being beaten 3-0 or something of course. But even if we (rather not obviously!) lost 1-0 the tie would still be very much alive.

Kev0909
16th February 2021, 05:24 PM
They're missing a few as well.

Main thing for me is to still be in it for the second leg. That could be a low-scoring loss, a draw or a win. I'd struggle to stomach being beaten 3-0 or something of course. But even if we (rather not obviously!) lost 1-0 the tie would still be very much alive.

are home form is terrible, which is a concern due to away goals.

They're not even at home today, which should be a advantange to us, even without fans

miller0863
16th February 2021, 07:50 PM
Got to score a couple today, pretty sure we won’t get a clean sheet in either leg.

Nineteenx
16th February 2021, 07:57 PM
Alisson

Trent Kabak Henderson Robertson

Thiago Wijnaldum Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Need to watch their switches, they will try and press us I'm sure, so maybe sitting a little deeper keeping possession and looking to release Mo and Mane with more direct balls will do the trick. Only Ox and Shaq on the bench worth using at some point

Kev0909
16th February 2021, 08:30 PM
At least we have 5-6 defenders on the bench

Allison needs to turn up today, difference of staying in or going out already.

eggy81
16th February 2021, 08:32 PM
Clean sheet and a goal from set piece for kabak would be very very nice

Nineteenx
16th February 2021, 08:34 PM
Let's bum em 3-0

jr81
16th February 2021, 08:35 PM
Alisson

Thiago Wijnaldum Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Need to watch their switches, they will try and press us I'm sure, so maybe sitting a little deeper keeping possession and looking to release Mo and Mane with more direct balls will do the trick. Only Ox and Shaq on the bench worth using at some point
Ox still can't get a start. Our midfield is really light in numbers now. If fab isn't back on Sunday it will be the same team more or less. 3 games in a row.

eggy81
16th February 2021, 08:37 PM
Ox still can't get a start. Our midfield is really light in numbers now. If fab isn't back on Sunday it will be the same team more or less. 3 games in a row.
He’s shite.

Kev0909
16th February 2021, 08:41 PM
He’s shite.

At least kabak must be decent / showing something in training as Davies who's older and more use to the english game doesn't get a look in.

Maybe we're getting him setlled first then playing davies?

Henderson is so wasted at cb it hurts

Nineteenx
16th February 2021, 08:43 PM
At least kabak must be decent / showing something in training as Davies who's older and more use to the english game doesn't get a look in.

He's going to get a couple of assists from CB tonight

eggy81

Davies is injured isn’t he.

Edit: see him on the bench so obviously not. Kabak must be the one there’s hopes for

Kev0909

On the bench

Stadium looks incredible

Steveo
Barcelona going for a 14th straight season of reaching the quarter finals. Last time they were knocked out before the quarters - V Rafa’s Liverpool in 2006/07

Nineteenx

No he's on the bench

eggy81
16th February 2021, 08:46 PM
Jurgen looks much more relaxed tonight in that interview to me. Sounds more like himself

Steveo
16th February 2021, 08:50 PM
Jurgen looks much more relaxed tonight in that interview to me. Sounds more like himself

Maybe now that the title defence is truly gone - monkey off the back? Who knows - hope so

southernboy
16th February 2021, 08:52 PM
Alisson

Thiago Wijnaldum Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

We just don’t seem to have the intelligence or maybe the quality to try something like that. I really do believe a change of tactics is needed at the moment, I just can’t see us playing any differently to normal.

jr81
16th February 2021, 09:10 PM
He’s shite.
Wouldn't say shite, I'm not a massive fan, but to get a bit of rotation going.