PDA

View Full Version : The weekends other games 14/2/21

RedNoodle
14th February 2021, 02:19 PM
This is going to sound like an echo from the comment I made a few days ago, but what the hell.

I see Ings has just scored again. Never mind though eh, who needs goals when you can keep other players who have been/are injured as much if not more than he was/is who offer little to nothing even when they are fit enough to play? Well at least our owners made some money and got his wages off the books. Get in!!!

Kev0909
14th February 2021, 02:21 PM
Can't keep players that want to leave to play first team football!!!! at the age he was i'm not surprised!

he'd get the curse with us anyway and not be able to hit the net, or get injured

eggy81
14th February 2021, 02:27 PM
This is going to sound like an echo from the comment I made a few days ago, but what the hell.

I see Ings has just scored again. Never mind though eh, who needs goals when you can keep other players who have been/are injured as much if not more than he was/is who offer little to nothing even when they are fit enough to play? Well at least our owners made some money and got his wages off the books. Get in!!!

His 3rd goal in 12

Kev0909
14th February 2021, 02:28 PM
VAR cheats southamton 1-1 then neto scores 1-2

fuck off VAR

eggy81
14th February 2021, 02:39 PM
Saints have fallen off a cliff since 9-0

RedNoodle
14th February 2021, 03:06 PM
West Brom take the lead against Man U.

RedNoodle
14th February 2021, 03:07 PM

They aren't the only team to have gone into 'lemming mode'.

miller0863
14th February 2021, 03:16 PM
Yeah but it’s understandable to fall away after a 9-0 loss, we did it after a 7-0 away win

Kev0909
14th February 2021, 04:02 PM
Man what i'd do for a goalscoring midfielder

Little did I know that gerrard was even more special than I thought which was very special

eggy81
14th February 2021, 04:51 PM
United are terrible. All they have over us this year is a bit more hunger. Running a bit harder. No quality in the top end either.

eggy81
14th February 2021, 04:51 PM
Man what i'd do for a goalscoring midfielder

Little did I know that gerrard was even more special than I thought which was very special
We need to buy one.

miller0863
14th February 2021, 04:55 PM
F/T WBA 1-1 Utd

Kev0909
14th February 2021, 05:06 PM
F/T WBA 1-1 Utd

Reckon chelsea could go above them

Insidious
14th February 2021, 05:13 PM

If Chelsea beat Newcastle they're 4 points behind United. Who are level with Leicester.

With 14 games left after the Newcastle match for them and them enjoying having an actual Manager at the helm, they should really be targeting second spot. Doesn't mean they'll get it, but they aren't exactly millions of miles away.

LEGS
14th February 2021, 05:13 PM
Just saw the result are they being labelled bottlers or has G.Nev said they need 88 more players yet ??

Its a perfect result as its no good for fat sam either.

Plus im hoping City romp it by 20 points going to be funny when all pundits said its an exciting race....there is no race its done.

ianlfc
14th February 2021, 05:17 PM
Big Sam isn't going down quietly.

justme
14th February 2021, 05:19 PM
Big Sam isn't going down quietly.

That image is frightening for other reasons!

ianlfc
14th February 2021, 05:26 PM
That image is frightening for other reasons!

A Valentines night special for Mrs Alderdice 😂😂

Nineteenx
14th February 2021, 05:28 PM
All the shite our lads were given, the filthy were far worse than us, they created nothing as well apart from speculative efforts from second balls and West Brom should have scored 3 second half and THAT is with Ole having all his best 14-15 players fit and available and using them

ianlfc
14th February 2021, 05:42 PM
All the shite our lads were given, the filthy were far worse than us, they created nothing as well apart from speculative efforts from second balls and West Brom should have scored 3 second half and THAT is with Ole having all his best 14-15 players fit and available and using them

At least we have an excuse. They should be getting hammered as it will be their best chance in years to at least challenge for the title.

Nineteenx
14th February 2021, 05:49 PM
At least we have an excuse. They should be getting hammered as it will be their best chance in years to at least challenge for the title.

Imagine that shower of shite without Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, McTominay and even shitter jones, they'd get absolutely drilled, they'd be playing Fred and Pogba at CB most likely

When old wobble god Ferdinand talks shite about us in commentary, and goes on about his mob, starting on plus 9 or 12 points ahead with the Fergie factor by Clattenberg's own admission retained the title blah blah blah, how does the cunt honestly think they'd have gone about that if he, Vidic, and occassional CB shit cunt Neville were all out for the season?

skyebo
14th February 2021, 06:09 PM

I didn't see much of the game but VAR got it wrong yet again. Maguire was nobbled in the area and should have had a penalty, the defender also had hold of his shoulder. We would have wanted a penalty in that situation.

ianlfc
14th February 2021, 06:10 PM
Imagine that shower of shite without Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, McTominay and even shitter jones, they'd get absolutely drilled, they'd be playing Fred and Pogba at CB most likely

When old wobble god Ferdinand talks shite about us in commentary, and goes on about his mob, starting on plus 9 or 12 points ahead with the Fergie factor by Clattenberg's own admission retained the title blah blah blah, how does the cunt honestly think they'd have gone about that if he, Vidic, and occassional CB shit cunt Neville were all out for the season?

Very very short memories.

ianlfc
14th February 2021, 06:11 PM
I didn't see much of the game but VAR got it wrong yet again. Maguire was nobbled in the area and should have had a penalty, the defender also had hold of his shoulder. We would have wanted a penalty in that situation.

Maguire was offside and it was a clear dive.

skyebo
14th February 2021, 06:13 PM

No decision was made over whether it was offside or not, just on whether it was a penalty. You try staying on your feet when somebody nobbles you from behind.

eggy81
14th February 2021, 06:43 PM

Clearer than mos last week?

miller0863
14th February 2021, 06:47 PM
Arsenal 4-0 Leeds
Aubameyang hat trick.

Leeds having one of those days

miller0863
14th February 2021, 06:47 PM
4-1 59 mins gone

southernboy
14th February 2021, 06:53 PM

Since they got Minamino isn’t it? #cursed

miller0863
14th February 2021, 06:56 PM
Arsenal 4-2 Leeds
H.Costa 68 mins

ianlfc
14th February 2021, 06:59 PM
Clearer than mos last week?

Mo was running in on goal at full speed of course he went down easy but if he hadn't we wouldn't of got a penalty. Big slabhead was looking it as soon as the ball came in.
That's the FAs problem, players feel contact and go down. We can hardly blame them.

miller0863
14th February 2021, 07:04 PM
Looked a stonewall penalty to Leeds, not even sure VAR checked

eggy81
14th February 2021, 08:04 PM
Mo was running in on goal at full speed of course he went down easy but if he hadn't we wouldn't of got a penalty. Big slabhead was looking it as soon as the ball came in.
That's the FAs problem, players feel contact and go down. We can hardly blame them.

The problem is the rules are stupid. The game is gone unrecognisable now and var has actually allowed for more error than less which was a hard thing to envisage. When people wanted var in for decisions I don’t think they envisaged millimetre lines being drawn by humans to decide the smallest of margins.

dicko1969
14th February 2021, 08:09 PM
Since they got Minamino isn’t it? #cursed

Didnt Minamino score on his debut and win ?

dicko1969
14th February 2021, 08:10 PM
Looked a stonewall penalty to Leeds, not even sure VAR checked

Is Rafinha looking like he can score 20 goals a season in those lfwd or rfwd positions?

Kev0909
14th February 2021, 09:56 PM
Everton lost 0-2 great results for us again

ianlfc
14th February 2021, 10:06 PM
Everton lost 0-2 great results for us again

I've just seen that !! Next week should be fun.

skyebo
14th February 2021, 10:19 PM
How the mighty have fallen, when Everton getting beat is a good result for us.

miller0863
14th February 2021, 10:19 PM
No, he scored and lost on his debut at Newcastle dicko.

miller0863
14th February 2021, 10:20 PM
Huge game next weekend

skyebo
14th February 2021, 10:24 PM
Has Sid put a "Your team vs Leipzig" thread on yet ?

miller0863
14th February 2021, 10:25 PM
Yep

southernboy
14th February 2021, 10:41 PM
Didnt Minamino score on his debut and win ?

No mate. They’ve lost all their games since he joined I think. Not sure how much he’s played.

miller0863
14th February 2021, 10:42 PM
Wednesday 17/02/21 20:15
Everton v Man City

Excellent.

Calvert Lewin missed today’s game with a hamstring injury. Could do with him missing next weekend too, he’s a handful

Insidious
14th February 2021, 11:00 PM
Has Sid put a "Your team vs Leipzig" thread on yet ?

Yes.

Spelling error in it but whaddya do.

Waited a number of hours to put it up, versus the usual injury time / full-time whistle sort of time that you're used to.

skyebo
14th February 2021, 11:08 PM
It must be on page 2 of the menu, it doesn't always show up.

jozza800
14th February 2021, 11:38 PM
Results have gone our way this weekend. We have to use this as a 'ground zero' point. We have to he better.

Also...

United have pick up 6 pts in their last 5 games. Same as us. One team is in meltdown, the other is a title contender...

teesred
15th February 2021, 08:09 AM
Results have gone our way this weekend. We have to use this as a 'ground zero' point. We have to he better.

Also...

United have pick up 6 pts in their last 5 games. Same as us. One team is in meltdown, the other is a title contender...

Totally agree. Hopefully they look at the results and think the same, looks to be a kind of let off in a way.

Insidious
15th February 2021, 09:58 AM
Totally agree. Hopefully they look at the results and think the same, looks to be a kind of let off in a way.

It's been an enormous let-off of a weekend really.

Our main issue is our (current) inability to capitalise on these chances. I just hope we can manage to give ourselves a lift in this coming week, by any means. If I remember rightly Tottenham will be playing West Ham and Leicester will be playing Villa. So if we managed a win against the Bitters, they can't all keep pace (Tottenham/West Ham/Villa) or pull further ahead (Leicester) so our standing would improve in relative terms.

For the remainder of the season we'll be crossing fingers on one hand for recovery of our own form, whilst crossing fingers on the other hand that opposition results go our way on the relevant weekends. Margins will be find - 6 points above us, 2nd spot. Just 6 points behind us, 10th

We need results.

Steveo
15th February 2021, 10:20 AM
For the remainder of the season we'll be crossing fingers on one hand for recovery of our own form, whilst crossing fingers on the other hand that opposition results go our way on the relevant weekends

Correct & in Shaqiri’s case - also crossing the fingers of his other hand. :D

Kev0909
15th February 2021, 02:07 PM
It's been an enormous let-off of a weekend really.

Our main issue is our (current) inability to capitalise on these chances. I just hope we can manage to give ourselves a lift in this coming week, by any means. If I remember rightly Tottenham will be playing West Ham and Leicester will be playing Villa. So if we managed a win against the Bitters, they can't all keep pace (Tottenham/West Ham/Villa) or pull further ahead (Leicester) so our standing would improve in relative terms.

For the remainder of the season we'll be crossing fingers on one hand for recovery of our own form, whilst crossing fingers on the other hand that opposition results go our way on the relevant weekends. Margins will be find - 6 points above us, 2nd spot. Just 6 points behind us, 10th

We need results.

Results have mostly gone are way last few weeks or so

otherwise no way would we still be 4th

Steveo
15th February 2021, 02:12 PM
May the 4th be with uth..

&

The lord said un to Liverpool
‘go forth’..

..but we came fifth. :D

Gotta laugh really...

Nineteenx
15th February 2021, 09:12 PM
Chelsea looking semi decent so far, Tuchel made the changes I would have made if i'm honest, bringing Azpilacueta back at RB and and Alonso at LB, that extra aeriel ability and experience of those 2 makes a big difference, you can never have too many very good headers of the ball at set pieces at either end

Kev0909
15th February 2021, 09:20 PM
Moyesy 4th is pretty funny

and of course he did 19x

Nineteenx
15th February 2021, 09:29 PM
Moyesy 4th is pretty funny

and of course he did 19x

Well he did, why would you not use those 2 players, despite Matip being a miles better CB than Gomez ever will be, it's well known here that one of my main other reasons for wanting him in instead of Gomez whenever fit was for us to have different options and greater variation at attacking set pieces and far more aerial dominance at defending set pieces, so it should be entirely obvious given my thinking on such things I would have done that

Nineteenx
15th February 2021, 09:32 PM
1-0 Chelsea - Giroud poor defending from Newcastle, a defender should have got in a position to block that low cross getting past the far post as Fabinho would have been

Nineteenx
15th February 2021, 09:40 PM
2-0 Chelsea Werner, looked like it came of Giroud's arm at first, but replay shows he just moved it out of the way in time

Nineteenx
15th February 2021, 09:55 PM
I can't fucking stand Carra on Sky anymore, I wish they'd find some reason to sack him to be honest

ianlfc
15th February 2021, 09:59 PM
I can't fucking stand Carra on Sky anymore, I wish they'd find some reason to sack him to be honest

You and me both.

stevie harkness
15th February 2021, 10:16 PM
Maybe gobbing at someone would carry a heavier penalty these days.

miller0863
15th February 2021, 10:19 PM
Macmanaman is the worst for me, can’t abide him.

eggy81
15th February 2021, 10:26 PM
Very hard to listen to him at this stage

Nineteenx
15th February 2021, 10:36 PM
Very hard to listen to him at this stage

Always maintained he was all about himself, this season he seems to be absolutely reveling in our misfortunes, far more than Neville or Wobble Gob on BT Sport, that speaks volumes for me, once a bitter always a bitter

ianlfc
15th February 2021, 10:53 PM
Outside of Sky I'd imagine he's a likable fella it just seems he's trying too hard while on Sky.
It's all a bit false which I can't have.

Nineteenx
15th February 2021, 11:00 PM
Outside of Sky I'd imagine he's a likable fella it just seems he's trying too hard while on Sky.
It's all a bit false which I can't have.

Never liked him or rated him as a footballer, frequently used to turn round and tear strips off other players when he was the one who'd fucked up, I liked that he tried as desperately hard as he did and gave everything, but he was never a top footballer, if he wasn't a local lad who'd come to the red side from the blueshite, no fucking way on this earth he'd have been at Liverpool anywhere like as long as he was, he only ever got called up for England because he was a Liverpool player, he's probably the epitomy of that overrating and massively overhyping of local lads our fans constantly indulge in that I have such distain for

His best attributes were his bravery, being very good at doing just enough to put the opposition player off because he wasn't good enough in the air for a CB and making last ditch tackles and blocks because he wasn't good enough or quick enough to be where he needed to be and prevent teams getting to the positions he then had to make blocks from

For me THE most overrated player by an absolute country mile I have ever known in my 43 years supporting Liverpool

Maybe a lot of the locals don't speak with or interact much with others teams fans or have friends who support other teams, I had lots of friends who supported different clubs and every single one of them had one thing in common, they all thought he was shite and would constantly rip LFC for it, he was their one name one liner "Carragher :D" that was it, they'd just say it and piss themselves laughing

Insidious
15th February 2021, 11:18 PM
Results have mostly gone are way last few weeks or so

otherwise no way would we still be 4th

That's true - also just how it pans out sometimes. Every season is different - our historic rivals got 66 points last season and got 3rd, got 66 points the season prior and got 6th.

There will be a lot of fluctuation of the sides in-and-around 4th spot over the coming 14 League matches. All we can do is aim to handle our own business really. A few wins (hard to come by for us just now) can be transformative this season - we've lost our last 3 matches whilst Chelsea have won their last four.

In an ideal situation we look at second spot, focus on the fact it's just 6 points in terms of the deficit and (mentally) divide the remaining 14 matched into two sets of seven.

Then ask ourselves if we can claw that 6-point gap down to be 3 points behind in 7 matches time, then repeat the trick for the second set. Even if you don't quite manage second spot, you'd back us to get close to that target in normal circumstances. In our current form though it's looking a big ask. Let's see where we are at the end of the week - 2 wins provides an enormous lift, 2 losses could be a bit of a tipping point.

Nineteenx
15th February 2021, 11:22 PM
In an ideal situation we look at second spot, focus on the fact it's just 6 points in terms of the deficit and (mentally) divide the remaining 14 matched into two sets of seven.

Nah, fuck that, get back to focusing on each next game and putting all our focus, intensity, quality and energy into getting the win as though our lives depended on it, making sure we damn well do get the fucking win, one game at a time

trueandred
16th February 2021, 12:21 AM
For me Steve McManaman is the worst pundit on TV, he never gives an opinion, he agrees with everything and talks a load of shite, Carra is not as bad, the only two I listen to are Souness and Keane, while I might not agree with them at least they speak their minds.

Insidious
16th February 2021, 01:19 AM
For me Steve McManaman is the worst pundit on TV, he never gives an opinion, he agrees with everything and talks a load of shite, Carra is not as bad, the only two I listen to are Souness and Keane, while I might not agree with them at least they speak their minds.

Michael Owen can be guilty of this too.

One thing I will say though is that he (Michael) springs into life as a pundit when talking about finishing. Makes total sense as that was his job on the pitch. The rest of the game though, not so much.

Still. Andy "yep" Townsend of the Land of "better" is always near the top of these lists.

dicko1969
16th February 2021, 03:36 AM
Ev are shit
0-2
At home
Shitolloti out !

CCTV
17th February 2021, 09:15 PM
Porto take an early lead v Juve, didn't see it myself missing the first few mins, apparently Chiesa made an error of sorts

CCTV
17th February 2021, 09:24 PM
Porto nearly punish Juventus as the faff around at the back, schezny passing to a portion player a yard or 2 outside the box

Kev0909
17th February 2021, 09:29 PM
Porto nearly punish Juventus as the faff around at the back, schezny passing to a portion player a yard or 2 outside the box

Seems plenty of goalkeeping mistakes this season

I thought without fans they'd be less/better

CCTV
17th February 2021, 09:30 PM
Dortmund lead 1-2 in Seville

CCTV
17th February 2021, 09:32 PM
Seems plenty of goalkeeping mistakes this season

I thought without fans they'd be less/better

Aye, juve have started poor and Porto doing well. Just saw the goal, bentacur about 7 yards away from his keeper plays a poor pass back and the Porto lad scores

CCTV
17th February 2021, 09:40 PM
Kop on Portugal letting off a fair few fireworks :D

CCTV
17th February 2021, 09:43 PM
Juventus with their first real effort, an overhead kick saved well albeit the offside flag went up

worldpanel
17th February 2021, 09:45 PM
Haaland on fire !!

eggy81
17th February 2021, 09:46 PM
Everton are absolutely shite

miller0863
17th February 2021, 09:47 PM
Yes Foden
Everton 0-1 City

Nineteenx
17th February 2021, 09:48 PM
1-0 City - FOden

Another percentages goal from City of all sides, if you don't buy a ticket you can't win the lottery

CCTV
17th February 2021, 09:48 PM
Haaland makes it 3-1 before halftime

Porto lead 1-0 at halftime

miller0863
17th February 2021, 09:53 PM
Ffs you just know City are going to let us down the one time you want them to win

Everton 1-1 City

eggy81
17th February 2021, 09:57 PM
Richarlison arses one in accidentally after the ball rebounded off the post from a cross from digne

Nineteenx
17th February 2021, 09:58 PM
Ffs you just know City are going to let us down the one time you want them to win

Everton 1-1 City

Yeah, the pricks, terrible defending from City for the equaliser too

eggy81
17th February 2021, 09:58 PM
Wow Laporte down like a sack of shite after bumping into richarlison. Bounced off him.

Nineteenx
17th February 2021, 10:04 PM
Wow Laporte down like a sack of shite after bumping into richarlison. Bounced off him.

He was only slightly less wildly overrated through his season playing alongside Kompany than Gomez has been playing alongside Virgil

Nineteenx
17th February 2021, 10:04 PM
1-1 HT Bacon face is on City's bench though

CCTV
17th February 2021, 10:06 PM
Porto add a second in the opening seconds of the 2and half, Marega.

Remember marega? Iirc he gave virgil a battle out of contract in 4 months, if we shift on origi..

CCTV
17th February 2021, 10:10 PM
Good block/interception to cut out a pull back cross by the Porto lad

CCTV
17th February 2021, 10:11 PM
Oliveira ran through the middle and gets the shot off, could have had a third Porto

Kev0909
17th February 2021, 10:15 PM
Rather city win here than everton get a result, we're not catching them

hopefully everton run themselves into the ground

eggy81
17th February 2021, 10:15 PM
He was only slightly less wildly overrated through his season playing alongside Kompany than Gomez has been playing alongside Virgil
I think Gomez has had some periods of absolutely outstanding form since being in there with vvd . It dropped off last season for periods and I doubt he’ll fully reach his potential now because of injuries and our need for a more reliable partner for Virgil. Let’s hope his own injury doesn’t screw him by the way.

Kev0909
17th February 2021, 10:18 PM
Hopefully that's kabak Eggy looks alright to be fair, and obviously klopp trusts him which is a good sign.

Maybe will be the player that we hoped Gomez would be before the injury's still think gomez can be class when he's on form though.

Kev0909
17th February 2021, 10:20 PM
we need to buy Haaland if man city show a interest, I don't care how much, if he goes to city they'll dominate for years, I hope neither him or mbappe come to the prem, unless we buy one of em

easily my fav player outside Liverpool

skyebo
17th February 2021, 10:20 PM
Hopefully that's kabak Eggy looks alright to be fair, and obviously klopp trusts him which is a good sign.

Maybe will be the player that we hoped Gomez would be before the injury's still think gomez can be class when he's on form though.

He's the only one who can cover all 4 positions at the back. Priceless having players like that.

Kev0909
17th February 2021, 10:28 PM
Everton proper giving city a game here to be fair

Nineteenx
17th February 2021, 10:31 PM
He's the only one who can cover all 4 positions at the back. Priceless having players like that.

It is he's definitely a good option to have on the bench

Nineteenx
17th February 2021, 10:32 PM
we need to buy Haaland if man city show a interest, I don't care how much, if he goes to city they'll dominate for years

Older posters here will remember everyone saying that about Collymore if the filthy got him :D

miller0863
17th February 2021, 10:35 PM
City at their best v us, poor imitation of themselves tonight. No Gundagon who’s been on fire for them. They are going very easy on Everton here.

skyebo
17th February 2021, 10:35 PM
It is he's definitely a good option to have on the bench

He probably will start on the bench when he's fit, especially if Kabak turns into a permanent deal or Davies proves himself.

miller0863
17th February 2021, 10:36 PM
Decent finish from Mahrez
Everton 1-2 City

Kev0909
17th February 2021, 10:37 PM
Mahrez scores a stunning goal 1-2 city

good

Nineteenx
17th February 2021, 10:37 PM
2-1 City Mahrez, just need that cunt Richarlieson to get himself a second yellow here now a

miller0863
17th February 2021, 10:45 PM
What a horrible player Richarleson really is.
God I hope we stuff these on Saturday

Crimson Dynasty
17th February 2021, 10:46 PM
I'm probably going to be one of the odd ones out and in the minority here when I say that I'd actually rather a draw here than a City win.

I realize we're not catching them and that they're probably on their way to cleaning up a (domestic) treble, but we're getting close to that point (if we're not already past it) when City are beginning to take on that aura of invincibility when opposing teams already believe they've lost the match against them before either team has set a foot on the field.

We remember that feeling because we rode that same wave of invincibility last season (especially in the first half) in our title-winning run and just how hard it is for opposing teams to beat you when they know you've got a winner in you somewhere somehow even trailing 1-0 at 80 minutes.

It would be nice to get a seed of doubt planted in them now, that they're not going to win everything and that they can be beaten, because who knows.... we could still meet them later on this season.

In the one place they know we can beat them.

Kev0909
17th February 2021, 10:46 PM

if salah can run at em they seem to be rather easily gotten at, from watching Sterling

Coleman is past it too, so that's a bonus

Kev0909
17th February 2021, 10:48 PM
juve and sevilla score so only 1 goal off and have hope for 2nd leg esp juve with the away goal.

miller0863
17th February 2021, 10:50 PM
Excellent
Everton 1-3 City

Everton are terrible and a sad indictment of the poor quality in the Premier League currently.

Kev0909
17th February 2021, 10:51 PM
1-3 I don't know why people say city aren't good to watch then again it's mainly 19X

Jealous?

great movement, passing, and clinical and they can even score goals from outside the box!

without aguero & kdb too

miller0863
17th February 2021, 10:54 PM
Harvey Elliott only got 15 minutes tonight but it was still long enough to get another assist in.

Crimson Dynasty
17th February 2021, 10:55 PM
A 3-2 result is eminently over-turnable (yes, I know. Not a word) by Sevilla.
Especially given Dortmund's shaky performances and form this season.

Also a big mistake by Porto to let Juve back into the tie, as would always be the case when facing any team with Ronaldo in it.

Nineteenx
17th February 2021, 10:55 PM
1-3 I don't know why people say city aren't good to watch then again it's mainly 19X

Jealous?

great movement, passing, and clinical and they can even score goals from outside the box!

without aguero & kdb too

City are good to watch this season, they mix it up far more, take shots on, play the percentages, play direct a lot more often, they're a better team now than they were with all the tappy tappy overplaying crap, that was really boring to watch

Insidious
17th February 2021, 11:14 PM
Also a big mistake by Porto to let Juve back into the tie, as would always be the case when facing any team with Ronaldo in it.

If we get past Leipzig and Porto overcome Juventus, we'd be delighted with a quarter-final against Porto.

I know you always have to meet someone really top-level eventually due to the quality of the sides in the Competition, but in a season like the one we're having where we need time to recompose ourselves, you'd cross fingers for as "forgiving" (relatively speaking) a tie as possible.

miller0863
17th February 2021, 11:19 PM
Oh dear, Everton now 3 points behind with only one game in hand. Beat them as I fully expect us to do on Saturday and they are back in their box. Them and WHU are absolutely no threat, we need to catch at least one of Chelsea, Leicester and Utd.
We simply cannot afford to gift Utd and Chelsea the points the way we did Leicester last weekend, they are nowhere near as good a team/squad as us, so frustrating to gift them the points like that.

Kev0909
17th February 2021, 11:25 PM
Oh dear, Everton now 3 points behind with only one game in hand. Beat them as I fully expect us to do on Saturday and they are back in their box. Them and WHU are absolutely no threat, we need to catch at least one of Chelsea, Leicester and Utd.
We simply cannot afford to gift Utd and Chelsea the points the way we did Leicester last weekend, they are nowhere near as good a team/squad as us, so frustrating to gift them the points like that.

Leicester are picking up some injury's so hopefully that helps

that young lad justin has been great for them, and can play rb/lb

Crimson Dynasty
17th February 2021, 11:31 PM
If we get past Leipzig and Porto overcome Juventus, we'd be delighted with a quarter-final against Porto.

I know you always have to meet someone really top-level eventually due to the quality of the sides in the Competition, but in a season like the one we're having where we need time to recompose ourselves, you'd cross fingers for as "forgiving" (relatively speaking) a tie as possible.

That's what I'm hoping for too.

I truly believe that as soon as we start getting some of our injured players back (Jota, Fabinho.....Vvd(?) <- fingers crossed on that), we'll start to see our form and confidence slowly returning and we could end up being that team that you just don't want to meet in a knock-out tie where our form in the season simply doesn't matter.

Even City might not want to meet us at that stage, if we're back to full strength (or close to it) given their own mental block in the competition and inability to get over the hump - as well as the role we've played in that struggle of theirs in some of the most recent editions.

If we do get Porto though (assuming we take care of our own return leg tie, first), then it will probably be the last "gift" the footballing gods are sending us so we best take full advantage of it and get ourselves a semi-final berth.
And I fully fancy our chances against anyone at that stage of the competition.

The important thing is to start getting confidence back early even before we get those players back and get some wins under our belt as we look to re-set this latter part of our season.

miller0863
17th February 2021, 11:49 PM
Once it gets to the quarters and semis I fancy us against anyone. This squad (in the main) has been to 3 European Finals in 4 years, we have as much of not more experience as anyone at that stage.

GizmoD12
18th February 2021, 01:17 PM

I would advocate a ruddock Cole type tackle from rhys Williams in the dieing embers of a win at the weekend..

stevie harkness
18th February 2021, 11:01 PM
Sounds like a cracking game for Rangers away to Antwerp, 1-0 up then 2-1 down at half time, and a 90th minute winner from the penalty spot to win 4-3.

miller0863
18th February 2021, 11:03 PM
Say what you like about Gerrard’s results in Scotland but his European record already shots all over Brendan’s.