PDA

View Full Version : Your team v Everton

Insidious
16th February 2021, 10:49 PM
As Klopp and Nineteenx like to say, BOOM!

.........................Alisson

Trent........Kabak......Henderson..Robertson

.......................Wijnaldum

...............Jones..........Thiago

.....Salah...........Firmino.........Mane

What a lift that was.

More please!

Nineteenx
16th February 2021, 10:56 PM
Really want Hendo back in midfield, not sure Fab will make this game, doesn't seem any great need to rush or hurry him back, soooooooooooooo, I concur with Sid

Alisson

Trent Kabak Henderson Robertson

Thiago Wijnaldum Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Insidious
16th February 2021, 11:01 PM
I'd love Fabinho in too.

I'd rather protect him from having his first match back come against these Brutes though.

Could be huge for us in the run-in.

CCTV
16th February 2021, 11:09 PM
4312 for me and play like Atletico, especially given these shitheads and their nasty streaks.
Think we need to become a bit of a horrible side :D now we're missing so much at CB

skyebo
16th February 2021, 11:14 PM
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Henderson
Kabak
Robertson
Jones
Fabinho
Wijnaldum
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Adrian Williams N Davies Tsimikas Milner
Oxlade-Chamberlain Thiago Shaqiri Origi

ianlfc
16th February 2021, 11:20 PM
Same again. Though there's not much we can change. Is Naby ready to earn his weekly wage ?

RedNoodle
16th February 2021, 11:23 PM
Same again. Though there's not much we can change. Is Naby ready to earn his weekly wage ?

Has he actually got anywhere near to 'earning' a fraction of his weekly wage since he joined?

Kev0909
16th February 2021, 11:25 PM
Bit worried thiago might get sent off if he starts

Nineteenx
16th February 2021, 11:29 PM

Ideally, if Fab's back

Alisson

Trent Kabak Fabinho Robertson

Wijnaldum Henderson Thiago

Salah Firmino Mane

Need Hendo back in midfield to make the press and counter pressing even better and improve the distribution and have our switches and balls over the top back on, last thing we need in midfield when the press is beginning to look something like is putting fucking Fabinho in there when he lets it get broken more than any other player, was looking through highlights for his bad decision making just the other day, posted one when he had Maitland Niles with Trent forward and then ran straight off him in a situation when he should have stayed with his man because leaving him left us wide open, found another 4 or 5 instances without looking too hard as well. Sorry, he's been a liability since his return from injury, don't care how unpopular it is, I wouldn't have him anywhere fucking near our midfield

skyebo
16th February 2021, 11:29 PM
Bit worried thiago might get sent off if he starts

I reckon someone will see red, given what happened in the first game.

Nineteenx
16th February 2021, 11:31 PM
I reckon someone will see red, given what happened in the first game.

Let it be Origi, bring him on for the last 5 minutes when we're 3-0 up and get him two feet in the air flying kick and break both that cunts Richarlieson's legs

skyebo
16th February 2021, 11:33 PM
Let it be Origi, bring him on for the last 5 minutes when we're 3-0 up and get him two feet in the air flying kick and break both that cunts Richarlieson's legs

lol

miller0863
16th February 2021, 11:40 PM
No, do Calvert Lewin, he’s integral to them getting results. Do that fucker like a paedo caught in the act.

reddownunder
16th February 2021, 11:41 PM
Alisson
Trent Kabak Phillips Robertson
Jones Henderson Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane

miller0863
16th February 2021, 11:44 PM
Yeah been thinking about Phillips to negate Calvert Lewin reddownunder. Just couldn’t decide who to partner him with

Insidious
16th February 2021, 11:48 PM
Just hope we can be clinical with the chances we get.

In their last 3 games (all comps) they've conceded NINE goals.

I know it's a Derby and they will tighten up and turn it into a Rugby X Chess hybrid, but there are bound to be a few chances.

They also play City tomorrow and whilst I would never normally wish City well, a demoralising defeat against Pep's lads could just make them that bit more mentally shaky by the time the weekend comes around. Fine margins and all that.

Nineteenx
16th February 2021, 11:58 PM
Just hope we can be clinical with the chances we get.

In their last 3 games (all comps) they've conceded NINE goals.

I know it's a Derby and they will tighten up and turn it into a Rugby X Chess hybrid, but there are bound to be a few chances.

They also play City tomorrow and whilst I would never normally wish City well, a demoralising defeat against Pep's lads could just make them that bit more mentally shaky by the time the weekend comes around. Fine margins and all that.

Yep hope City bum them and the bitter twats have a couple sent off for putting the boot in, Calvert Lewin's out tomorrow with a hamstring be a huge risk for them to rush him back for the Derby

Best outcome for our season now is to finish second and strongly, win the Champions League and the filthy to drop out of the top four, need to put all our focus on each next game starting with the derby on Saturday and get the win

fagin
17th February 2021, 11:25 AM
I see Pickford is returning for todays game after missing 4

It should make us happy to see him possibly back in the team to play us on Saturday it should motivate our players

Steveo
17th February 2021, 11:33 AM
Just hope they don’t try too hard if Fat-Arseasuarus Rex is between the sticks. Can be very counter productive.

Just play the game - our game - forget the opponent. We don’t need to be brought down to their level.

fagin
17th February 2021, 11:40 AM
Just hope they don’t try too hard if Fat-Arseasuarus Rex is between the sticks. Can be very counter productive.

Just play the game - our game - forget the opponent. We don’t need to be brought down to their level.

My words should motivate our players to me anyway meant motivate to win the game Not inflict any injuries

Kev0909
17th February 2021, 10:25 PM
Alisson

Trent Kabak Davies Robertson

Wijnaldum Fab Henderson

Salah Firmino Mane

Play cb's at CB

Play the midfield that made us dominate the league / win the champions league

Control the game as much as possible

Mina has gone off injured, another injury for everton which is good news for us.

dicko1969
18th February 2021, 04:46 AM
If I could turn back time ...

..............CLEMENCE

NEAL HUGHES THOMPSON SMITH

CASE SOUNESS MCMAHON

...........GERRARD

.......THOSHACK RUSH

This team to do a job 😉

Not sure if we finish with 10 on the field but nor will they 🤣

skyebo
18th February 2021, 11:38 AM
If I could turn back time ...

..............CLEMENCE

NEAL HUGHES THOMPSON SMITH

CASE SOUNESS MCMAHON

...........GERRARD

.......THOSHACK RUSH

This team to do a job ��

Not sure if we finish with 10 on the field but nor will they ��

Apart from Gerrard's time here, those games were known as the friendly derby. Can't say that now, but i can't remember when it all changed.

CCTV
18th February 2021, 01:43 PM
Apart from Gerrard's time here, those games were known as the friendly derby. Can't say that now, but i can't remember when it all changed.

I've heard people venture Moyes and Duncan, not that I've followed the history much myself.

Steveo
18th February 2021, 02:45 PM
The Friendly Derby..

It was always one of the most hotly contested games - record for Red cards I think. The friendly Derby was coined due to fans being so often mixed in the stands etc - and there never being any true animosity.

Once the whistle went it was always a battle for the players. A game my old fella would hide from fearing injury - even back in the 60’s and 70’s

dicko’a team would do the job however..!

miller0863
18th February 2021, 03:00 PM
The friendly part always referred to the fans, that all changed after Heysel in ‘85 when the resulting ban prevented Everton from playing in the European Cup and for me after Hillsboro and their fans subsequent disgusting behaviour, mimicking people crushed up against the fences.
Have enjoyed every defeat of theirs ever since. In recent years their abhorrent behaviour on the pitch has only strengthened that feeling.

southernboy
18th February 2021, 03:21 PM
Spot on Miller... there’s nothing friendly about this derby.

My biggest fear is who’s going to get knobbled at the weekend. Last night Richarlison was charging around like a man possessed, diving into challenges, mostly late. Davies is my other candidate to break a leg. We need to keep a calm head and hope and pray for a decent job from the referee.

miller0863
18th February 2021, 03:23 PM
Best revenge would be to hammer them 5-0

LEGS
18th February 2021, 03:59 PM
Spot on Miller... there’s nothing friendly about this derby.

My biggest fear is who’s going to get knobbled at the weekend. Last night Richarlison was charging around like a man possessed, diving into challenges, mostly late. Davies is my other candidate to break a leg. We need to keep a calm head and hope and pray for a decent job from the referee.

That is my worry all the time we play this lot.

As much as I dislike United I never worry they will try to injure our players

ianlfc
18th February 2021, 10:31 PM
Last seasons game at Anfield was unbelievable from start to finish. Even before the match there was an almighty gasp on the concourse when the team news was announced on the TV screens. Then everyone said "we'll still beat them "!!
The confidence in that team was unbelievable even with a few squad players starting and us the fans loved it.
A win on Saturday could maybe get us back to at least 75% of that confidence following the win in Europe and set us up for a good run in for the rest of the season.
We have to win, nothing else will do.

justme
19th February 2021, 12:32 AM
Not sure what thread it was in now.So will ask it here. Regarding the challenge on Beglin. forgot to ask was Stevens sent off for that ridiculous action?

scientificred
19th February 2021, 08:21 AM
Not sure what thread it was in now.So will ask it here. Regarding the challenge on Beglin. forgot to ask was Stevens sent off for that ridiculous action?
Not even booked!
Play carried on with Beglin lying pretty much motionless.
It needed several players to alert the referee to the seriousness of the injury and for play to be then stopped to allow for a stretcher to be brought on.

justme
19th February 2021, 09:17 AM
Not even booked!
Play carried on with Beglin lying pretty much motionless.
It needed several players to alert the referee to the seriousness of the injury and for play to be then stopped to allow for a stretcher to be brought on.
Gawddd, just about sums up how they get away with most things.

Steveo
19th February 2021, 09:55 AM
Terrible though it was - and it was tragic, it was commonplace back then. It was considered a mans game. You accepted the risk. There was no trial by one of 100 cameras. No panel of media baying for punishment. The modern game is totally different.

Makes you wonder the impact a player like Maradona would have today.. incredible though it may seem he would have likely taken Napoli to multiple European Cups - Argentina to multiple World Cups ( he was only one game away from that as is ).

He would be literally untouchable with modern officiating.

Let the quest begin. We need to find the next Diego. Until then let’s focus on getting Diogo back fit.

Let’s go all out attack for this one.. We need to win - any win - anyhow, seems our best bet right now - Everton will make life a nightmare for our back line unless we do.

skyebo
19th February 2021, 01:16 PM
Gawddd, just about sums up how they get away with most things.

A needless challenge in a competition that was so important, it was only played once and the final was held over until the following season.

LEGS
19th February 2021, 02:11 PM
Alisson is fine to play thank god.

Kev0909
19th February 2021, 02:30 PM
Alisson is fine to play thank god.

Why wouldn't he ?

Nineteenx
19th February 2021, 02:42 PM
No sick note Fabinho, so

Alisson

Thiago Wijnaldum Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Stick together, stick to the game plan whatever happens, fight with everything we have and for opportunities to use and show our superior quality, work harder than ever for each other, don't get involved in any of their nonsense or any afters from the last meeting, but get damned well stuck in, hard but fair and get the win

LEGS
19th February 2021, 02:45 PM
Why wouldn't he ?

Rumours he wasnt in training along with Kelleher.

Klopp told a journo he is fine and is available.

Kev0909
19th February 2021, 02:51 PM
Rumours he wasnt in training along with Kelleher.

Klopp told a journo he is fine and is available.

Oh like Klopp resigned a week ago? xD

It's because adrian said he's looking forward to the derby I think, haha.

LEGS
19th February 2021, 03:02 PM
Oh like Klopp resigned a week ago? xD

It's because adrian said he's looking forward to the derby I think, haha.

I think its cos they werent on the training photos.

Its all good anyway as both are available.

southernboy
19th February 2021, 03:05 PM
Klopp on Keita: "He could have been in the squad v Leipzig but it didn't make sense. So he stayed home and trained but he got ill and couldn't train until yesterday. We don't hold him back or force him in. It would be nice to have him."

The guy is an absolute wet wipe. I really do wonder if some of this is in his mind. The last sentence sounds like Klopp is beginning to lose patience.

eggy81
19th February 2021, 03:46 PM
Klopp on Keita: "He could have been in the squad v Leipzig but it didn't make sense. So he stayed home and trained but he got ill and couldn't train until yesterday. We don't hold him back or force him in. It would be nice to have him."

The guy is an absolute wet wipe. I really do wonder if some of this is in his mind. The last sentence sounds like Klopp is beginning to lose patience.

I’m beginning to resent him a lot. Sell in the summer.

miller0863
19th February 2021, 04:33 PM
£50m plus should have bought a really top class midfielder, 30 plus games per season. Keita has been a joke from the off. Saw him very early on at Southampton and they bullied him all game, then he gave up and minced off “injured”. Questioned then whether he would be up to it, nothing has happened since to change my mind. Hopeless.

May be useful in a swap deal back to Germany.

Nineteenx
19th February 2021, 06:22 PM
When he's played he's featured in some of our best performances, but it's useless if he's never fit, i have sympathy for all our other sicknotes, but none whatsoever for Keita as the cause of all his injuries to me is him deciding to go to Afcon and play injured for Guinea's no hopers after a very average first season for a club that paid 50m for him, after playing injured it has been niggle after niggle ever since, prepared to play through the pain for Guinea but not the club, he can fuck right off now

justme
19th February 2021, 06:29 PM
That was ONE injury Ninteenx. it doesnt explain the rest of his career with us. I think Keita is feeble minded.. Any little knock/injury with him takes longer than most.. (my opinion any way)

miller0863
19th February 2021, 06:36 PM
Yep, same accusation was levelled at Sturridge

Nineteenx
19th February 2021, 08:35 PM
That was ONE injury Ninteenx. it doesnt explain the rest of his career with us. I think Keita is feeble minded.. Any little knock/injury with him takes longer than most.. (my opinion any way)

To me, if you play when injured, numerous other muscles in other areas work harder and differently and are put under more strain than they are used to, even moreso in the finely tuned and delberately developed body of a professional sports person and it throws every out of balance and leads to the persisting type of recurring minor injuries we've seen in Naby ever since

teesred
19th February 2021, 11:35 PM

I think the same about Matip too but Klopp actually said he plays through the pain, I'm sceptical. Pit him against someone like Hendo, I'm thinking one would have a much higher pain threshold in order to play for LFC than the other.

Steveo
19th February 2021, 11:49 PM

Daniel gave us potency and lethality though. We can’t forget how instrumental he was - especially in 2014.

The only thing vaguely instrumental we have had from Keita is the sick note he keeps producing.

miller0863
19th February 2021, 11:52 PM
Sturridge was an excellent player, much the same as Matip, brilliant when fit, just not fit often enough.

justme
19th February 2021, 11:59 PM
The late strike from Sturridge against Chelsea to make it 1-1.. what a strike that was. Something he was capable off. Just sad he was never really able to play long enough to show what he was really capable off. apart from 1 season.

boom-klopp
20th February 2021, 12:21 AM

wonder how many games before he is injured again.

Nineteenx
20th February 2021, 01:45 PM
I think the same about Matip too but Klopp actually said he plays through the pain, I'm sceptical. Pit him against someone like Hendo, I'm thinking one would have a much higher pain threshold in order to play for LFC than the other.

Well, in fairness Matip played on until half time with ankle ligament damage that's put him out for the season in the last game he played, like everything though, people have different thresholds, physical and mental

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 03:31 PM
I tiled my brothers (A blue) bathroom floor yesterday, and after I spred the tile adhesive on the floor I wrote in it with my finger " Everton are rubbish" and sent him a pic telling him every time you go into the bathroom that's under your feet !!

miller0863
20th February 2021, 03:33 PM
What you have to ask yourself is, “was rubbish really the best use of the opportunity?”

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 03:34 PM
What you have to ask yourself is, “was rubbish really the best use of the opportunity?”

His 10 year old son was watching. It really could've been alot worse

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 03:36 PM
I worked at a Utd fans house years ago, he was a right arrogant cunt. I can't remember what we wrote but I can remember getting paid and passing myself laughing as we drove away.
Very childish I know !!

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 05:31 PM
Same as Midweek.

faridtoxteth
20th February 2021, 05:33 PM
Same as Midweek.

Is Fab not even on the bench?

Nineteenx
20th February 2021, 05:35 PM
Alisson

Thiago Wijnaldum Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Unchanged line up from midweek, let's just work really hard for each other, not get involved in any of the bitters nonsense and any afters from the first meeting and brought down to their level, let's just beat them with our football, let's get another win here today

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 05:36 PM
Is Fab not even on the bench?

No mate but Naby Kieta is !!
Both Calvert -Lewen and Allen make the Everton bench.

faridtoxteth
20th February 2021, 05:37 PM
Keita on the bench.

justme
20th February 2021, 05:38 PM
Joint 4 if we win.. need a win to get a good run going

faridtoxteth
20th February 2021, 05:38 PM
When are Fab and Jota due back?

Nineteenx
20th February 2021, 05:39 PM
When are Fab and Jota due back?

Couple of weeks I think, we don't play again until next Sunday after today's game

Kev0909
20th February 2021, 05:39 PM
Allan and DCL on bench, good

faridtoxteth
20th February 2021, 05:41 PM
Both managers are trying to play down what happened at Goodison. Want their teams to be focused and not get involved in emotional stuff on the pitch, but i think it will be niggly. we all know the stat about the most red cards in any prem fixture in history. I will be keeping an eye on Richarlison and Thaigo, both hot heads. Henderson will hopefully have a word with Thiago.

Insidious
20th February 2021, 05:42 PM
Subs - Adrian, Keita, Tsimikas, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Phillips, Neco Williams, Shaqiri, Origi, Davies.

Everton's team selection suggests we'll be up against something of a defensive wall. Very different proposition to Leipzig.

justme
20th February 2021, 05:42 PM
They are going for 5 across the midfield.. should give us plenty of ball at the back. This is the kind of game we got Thiago for lets see how he preforms today.

justme
20th February 2021, 05:44 PM
Both managers are trying to play down what happened at Goodison. Want their teams to be focused and not get involved in emotional stuff on the pitch, but i think it will be niggly. we all know the stat about the most red cards in any prem fixture in history. I will be keeping an eye on Richarlison and Thaigo, both hot heads. Henderson will hopefully have a word with Thiago.

Any tackle from us will be booked. We should see a little leniency from what happened in the last game. But it wont happen. We are not Everton.

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 05:47 PM
Subs - Adrian, Keita, Tsimikas, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Phillips, Neco Williams, Shaqiri, Origi, Davies.

Everton's team selection suggests we'll be up against something of a defensive wall. Very different proposition to Leipzig.

they'll try and hold out for 70 minutes then bring on Calvert lewen. To nick a win.

Nineteenx
20th February 2021, 05:48 PM
We should do a Wellshit if they foul us and scream our heads off and roll around like we've been shot by a sniper from the stands and pressure the ref

Nineteenx
20th February 2021, 05:49 PM
they'll try and hold out for 70 minutes then bring on Calvert lewen. To nick a win.

So it's our job to put the game beyond them with a devastating first half display

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 05:52 PM
So it's our job to put the game beyond them with a devastating first half display

Definitely, On the throat from the start .

jr81
20th February 2021, 06:05 PM

Hopefully at that point the game will be on the bag.
But if that happens, we need to stop crosses coming in. He is good in the air.

Kev0909
20th February 2021, 06:09 PM
lets destroy em real good