PDA

View Full Version : Champions League refs

Nineteenx
17th February 2021, 11:20 AM
Only saw our game and the Barca PSG highlights, those refs completely showed up how bent Premier League officials have been this season, watching games you feel they give the opposition every call and can't wait to give them a big game changing call, people try and rubbish that, but when you watch both those games last night and none of the four sides or their fans can have any complaints, it it really shows our bent lot up for what they are

Nineteenx
17th February 2021, 11:29 AM
The only slight benfit of the doubt i give Premier League officials is that it could be cultural as in their decision making is flawed and biased through our media going after certain teams

I'd prefer foreign refs to fficiate in each others leagues on rotation if i'm honest

Steveo
17th February 2021, 11:30 AM
Think the standard is far higher.

CCTV
17th February 2021, 01:42 PM
The only slight benfit of the doubt i give Premier League officials is that it could be cultural as in their decision making is flawed and biased through our media going after certain teams

I'd prefer foreign refs to fficiate in each others leagues on rotation if i'm honest

Good idea on the foreign refs - would allow the best refs to ref the bigger leagues.

Big 5 leagues - best 50 refs - incentives, promotion and relegation for refs.

ianlfc
17th February 2021, 02:50 PM
What about the Ref in the Championship squaring up to a Ipswich player ? Proper oder that , I remember Collina doing it a few years ago and for aplauded for it.
Proper local park reffing, take no shit !!

justme
17th February 2021, 04:45 PM
I have seen some refs in the champions league that make skin crawl.The guy that refereed our second champions league final against Milan. he was a complete tosser. He slowed the game down so slowly it was stop start every few seconds.
The referee last night was excellent, he didnt fall for the pretend fouls and he booked everyone correctly

faridtoxteth
17th February 2021, 06:44 PM
What about that Norwegian ref who robbed Chelsea in their semi final against Barca. Outrageous, but I laughed like hell.

Nineteenx
25th February 2021, 11:24 PM
Honestly the standard of refereeing in the Champions League and Europa League is so much better than the prem, pretty much most decisions are right, there's none of this 'subjective' bollocks, pretty much all the big free kick and penalty decisions are right, it makes even random games far more enjoyable to watch, what you expect to br a free kick or pen pretty much always is and what you don't expect to be pretty much always isn't, especially the players running into an opponent and throwing themselves to ground when they have nowhere to go, European refs just tell the twats to get up

Like the filthy's pen v Newcastle, a European ref would book the Manc twat for diving as they would have Calvert-Lewin

Nineteenx
26th February 2021, 12:19 AM
The standard of refereeing in these 2 competitions and honesty of it makes a complete mockery of this subjective bullshit

I'm sure everyone remembers the low down we used to and do still sometimes get on European refs pre match, card happy for soft fouls, easily conned by divers, quick to point to the spot, THAT is what subjective actually means, their personal tastes and opinions, and they had those reps because they were known for them, as i said in the other thread, subjective can't be used as an excuse for a ref who gave a pen last week not to give a pen for exactly the same foul in the same area the next, if you hate marmite, you hate marmite, you don't hate it and suddenly like it a week later

'Subjective' is just a buzz word that's been introduced into officiating to explain away corrupt decisions, introduced in the second season of VAR when they realised it took away their ability to influence the outcomes of games after the first, hardly coincidental

Nineteenx
27th February 2021, 05:56 AM
I think FIFA and UEFA have a responsibility and duty of care now VAR is here to make more detailed and stringent interpretations on fouls, penalties especially to nip all this 'subjective bollocks in the bud before it gets further out of hand

Remember in the final third of last season i warned they were beginning to use and administer VAR incorrectly and it was at that time they introduced their buzz word 'subjective' i never heard it once prior to the first lockdown

Nineteenx
11th March 2021, 12:25 AM
Surprise surprise, Champions League refs get a bashing for being absolute shite and it's Anthony Taylor and his mob

Nineteenx
11th March 2021, 06:32 AM
Tonight's ref in our game was again excellent, got 1 or 2 free kicks wrong either way, which you expect, that's completely normal, it is just so refreshing playing in the Champions League watching a very well and normally officiated game that's a level playing field for both sides, it's all any manager player or fan can ask for

Really refreshing to see Mo, Mane and Jota make their runs and play a game of football without opposition players being allowed to continually foul them too, if players from a lot of Prem teams carried on as they do in the Champions League they be down to 8 or 9 players by half time, the bitters have European aspirations, Ancelotti's a great manager but if there took how they've been playing the last 2 seasons into Europe they'd be whalloped with some serious disciplinary issues

Same with Villa and Leicester, the English player bias of officials giving them free kicks for their numerous dives a game does them no favours, it could help them into Europe sure, but those dives are going to be yellow cards for simulation in Europe and on international duty

I think the Premier League FA and refs association need to get their heads together and have a serious rethink about what they've been doing and what they allow to go on in the Prem and clean up their act, they're not doing the English clubs, players or national side any favours, they're setting them up to fail outside of the Prem

skyebo
11th March 2021, 02:30 PM
Surprise surprise, Champions League refs get a bashing for being absolute shite and it's Anthony Taylor and his mob

People in glass houses and all that.

justme
11th March 2021, 02:46 PM
The refs we have had so far have been excellent. But you always expect to get pernickety official somewhere along the line.

faridtoxteth
11th March 2021, 06:24 PM
It was no surprise when I heard that the ref in the city southampton game was Jon Moss. Any ref can make the odd mistake, but he consistently makes errors. i haven't seen the Phil Foden clear penalty that wasn't given because he didn't hit the deck. I am guessing Jon Moss was nowhere near the incident, because he is overweight and can't keep up with play. So he misses loads of things. Am I right?

Nineteenx
11th March 2021, 07:30 PM
Moss was excellent in our game v Sheff UTD he does make mistakes for the reasons you state, but at least his are honest mistakes

faridtoxteth
11th March 2021, 07:47 PM
Wasn't it him that sent off Mane against Ederson?
And that bizarre game against spurs at anfield with the harry kane penalty.
Although I used to think he was biased against us, but realised he is just very error-prone.

miller0863
11th March 2021, 07:52 PM
The officials in the Utd game have made a poor error in disallowing a Milan goal for a hand ball m, that even Paul Scholes says wasn’t hand ball.
Really poor when you have VAR to make such mistakes

ianlfc
11th March 2021, 10:13 PM
The officials in the Utd game have made a poor error in disallowing a Milan goal for a hand ball m, that even Paul Scholes says wasn’t hand ball.
Really poor when you have VAR to make such mistakes

I actually thought it was for a foul throw at the time. The angle of the camera was poor and It didn't look a hand ball.

dicko1969
12th March 2021, 02:36 AM
Mane goal v Leipzig looked slightly offside. He was ahead of ORIGI.
It was nice for a change for that decision not be fine combed... lines made bigger and wiggly lines.
If that was a EPL game ... for sure offside.

dicko1969
12th March 2021, 02:38 AM
Refs get stick all over the world.
But the refs in England seem to think they are themselves important and want to get noticed

faridtoxteth
12th March 2021, 05:34 PM
Mane goal v Leipzig looked slightly offside. He was ahead of ORIGI.
It was nice for a change for that decision not be fine combed... lines made bigger and wiggly lines.
If that was a EPL game ... for sure offside.

Actually I think he was behind the ball. I noticed that at the time. If you are behind the ball then you are not off. Isn't it?

Nineteenx
12th March 2021, 05:37 PM
Actually I think he was behind the ball. I noticed that at the time. If you are behind the ball then you are not off. Isn't it?

He was behind the ball when it was played

Nineteenx
16th March 2021, 10:20 PM
Oh oh Champions League VAR confirming the refs incorrect decision to award Real a pen, Atalanta's player deliberately fouls Real's forward catching him with his left foot outside the box, he starts to go to ground, the defender swipes at him with his right foot but misses from the replays I saw, should have advised the ref to give a free kick outside the box imo

RedNoodle
16th March 2021, 10:25 PM
Oh oh Champions League VAR confirming the refs incorrect decision to award Real a pen, Atalanta's player deliberately fouls Real's forward catching him with his left foot outside the box, he starts to go to ground, the defender swipes at him with his right foot but misses from the replays I saw, should have advised the ref to give a free kick outside the box imo

As I said, referees in general are p.poor, and given that they are reasonably well paid 'professionals' they should be held to account a lot more than they currently are.

Nineteenx
16th March 2021, 10:29 PM
As I said, referees in general are p.poor, and given that they are reasonably well paid 'professionals' they should be held to account a lot more than they currently are.

They might have had another angle that showed the defenders attempted swipe with his right foot making contact, the angle I saw a few times looked like he definitely missed

RedNoodle
16th March 2021, 10:32 PM
They might have had another angle that showed the defenders attempted swipe with his right foot making contact, the angle I saw a few times looked like he definitely missed

The first contact (and possibly the one that made the onrushing player to go to ground) appeared to occur outside the box. Therefore it shouldn't have been a penalty. It's not as if it was akin to someone continually grappling with/holding onto a player from just outside the box all the way into the box.

dicko1969
17th March 2021, 04:19 AM

We didn't get a straight angle.
Mane looked in front of the ball.
TV angles didn't seem good.
But my initial reaction was ffs he is offside.

dicko1969
17th March 2021, 04:23 AM

What about the ref in the European cup final 1985.
Giving them a penalty when the contact was way outside the area and he (boniek) made a massive dive into the area.

What about the ref in the 1975 European cup final.
The ref with Anderlecht v Forest early 80s.

I dont agree that refs are any better in other countries.
But the EPL refs are not brilliant.
Some over weight.
Some overzealous

It would be interesting to have klattenburgh give a totally honest opinion about what has gone on at different clubs , especially OT.

Nineteenx
17th March 2021, 09:57 PM
VAR let Chelsea and Azpilcueta off the hook tonight for a pull that should have been a penalty and a red, even UEFA don't like Atletico :D

miller0863
17th March 2021, 09:59 PM
Really poor. 9 out of 10 times that’s given. Ref should have gone to the monitor to check that.

I would most definitely get rid of VAR, far more negatives than positives.

miller0863
17th March 2021, 10:19 PM
Booking now for Gimenez of Atleti, not even a foul

Nineteenx
17th March 2021, 10:20 PM
First corner of the game for Atletico, that's how poor they've been

teesred
17th March 2021, 10:27 PM
What about the ref in the European cup final 1985.
Giving them a penalty when the contact was way outside the area and he (boniek) made a massive dive into the area.

What about the ref in the 1975 European cup final.
The ref with Anderlecht v Forest early 80s.

I dont agree that refs are any better in other countries.
But the EPL refs are not brilliant.
Some over weight.
Some overzealous

It would be interesting to have klattenburgh give a totally honest opinion about what has gone on at different clubs , especially OT.

Leeds by some accounts were robbed against Bayern in their European Cup final too.

Frasier
17th March 2021, 10:46 PM
Absolutely shocking performance from the ref in the Chelsea game tonight. Not a red card for Savicand Athletic should have had at least one, maybe two or pens and Azpilicueta off!

Nineteenx
17th March 2021, 10:50 PM
Absolutely shocking performance from the ref in the Chelsea game tonight. Not a red card for Savicand Athletic should have had at least one, maybe two or pens and Azpilicueta off!

Yep, it has been shocking, it seems UEFA and no-one else, including the refs in Europe like Atletico

Nineteenx
6th April 2021, 10:32 PM
Normally excellent and far better than our officials, but they totally and utterly bottled it with their lad taking Mane out when he was wrong side of him immediately before Real's second goal

Just seen the highlights of City's game, Bellingham had one chalked off for a foul that was never in a million years a foul, he just robbed Ederson

miller0863
6th April 2021, 10:52 PM
Our ref stank the place out tonight, I think that’s the point Jurgen was making to him as they left the pitch.

Kev0909
6th April 2021, 11:02 PM
Do the big clubs in Spain get some favour of refs ?? League and champions league, after seeing barca highlights other day it seems so.

justme
6th April 2021, 11:33 PM
Refs get champions league finals if they help Madrid and Barca.Uefa are cheats. We deserved to lose but the official had white tinted specs on. another cheating fook

justme
7th April 2021, 07:38 PM
Refs do alter outcomes of games.. Dortmund get a perfectly good goal disallowed and the foul on Mane was ignored and Madrid scored 15 seconds later..

ianlfc
7th April 2021, 07:42 PM
We've had our fare share of decisions go our way in the Champions league. Shit happens to everyone at some point.

faridtoxteth
7th April 2021, 07:50 PM
Did Kabak give away a pen that wasn't given?
Probably.
Jon Moss would have given it against us no doubt.

LEGS
7th April 2021, 08:22 PM
Did Kabak give away a pen that wasn't given?
Probably.
Jon Moss would have given it against us no doubt.

Benzema fouled him that is why he was laughing Kabak was in front and got the ball.

faridtoxteth
7th April 2021, 08:26 PM
Benzema fouled him that is why he was laughing Kabak was in front and got the ball.

Is that true?
I watched the slo mo and never saw that.

LEGS
7th April 2021, 08:38 PM
Is that true?
I watched the slo mo and never saw that.

Yeah I think he tried to con the ref but Kabak 100% gets to the ball.

Benzema would have gone mad if he truely felt he was fouled he just laughed.

justme
7th April 2021, 10:24 PM
angles from behind are useless. I agree with Legs.. wasn't a penalty.. The push on Mane wasnt all that bad really..The defending from TAA was terrible.. I dont know what he was trying to do with the header..

justme
30th May 2021, 02:29 AM
Outstanding performance from the man in the middle last evening.. didnt fall for the play acting.

Nineteenx
12th July 2021, 03:26 AM
Outstanding performance from the man in the middle last evening.. didnt fall for the play acting.

Agreed