PDA

View Full Version : The weekend's other ganes 20/02/21

RedNoodle
20th February 2021, 02:05 PM
Minamino puts Southampton ahead against Chelsea.

Colour me shocked. What minute will Ings score?

miller0863
20th February 2021, 02:07 PM
Excellent finish from Minamino, had been pretty poor til that moment but that’s 2 in 3 for Taki

eggy81
20th February 2021, 02:22 PM
Sick of being a Southampton feeder club.

Insidious
20th February 2021, 02:38 PM

Colour me shocked. What minute will Ings score?

Sometimes these "Agent" situations benefit us though, in terms of taking points off other sides to help benefit our situation.

I seem to recall (I'd need to check in all Honesty) a few occasions where Borini would get goals for Sunderland during the 13/14 season against sides where we were hoping for points dropped.

My mind could be getting a false idea of how often it happened to be fair, may have only been the one time :lol: Might do a little Google in a bit when I have a few minutes.

eggy81
20th February 2021, 02:40 PM
Sometimes these "Agent" situations benefit us though, in terms of taking points off other sides to help benefit our situation.

I seem to recall (I'd need to check in all Honesty) a few occasions where Borini would get goals for Sunderland during the 13/14 season against sides where we were hoping for points dropped.

My mind could be getting a false idea of how often it happened to be fair, may have only been the one time :lol: Might do a little Google in a bit when I have a few minutes.
You need to let borini go sid.

Steveo
20th February 2021, 02:42 PM
1:1 Mount with a penalty

Insidious
20th February 2021, 02:57 PM
You need to let borini go sid.

Hahaha :lol:

Can't remember the year but he and Insigne dove-tailed so well in a Euro tournament for under-21s. Insigne obviously kicked on massively and Fabio just didn't.

Kev0909
20th February 2021, 02:59 PM
Hopefully stays like this with chelsea having some tough games coming up.

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 03:27 PM
The results are so unpredictable for everyone bar City this season.

LEGS
20th February 2021, 03:30 PM
Nothing to do with results just heard Ward-Prowse has played every single minute in the PL last season and this season.

Incredible really.

Steveo
20th February 2021, 03:31 PM
The results are so unpredictable for everyone bar City this season.

I may be wrong but think that happened a fair bit last season too, except for us?

miller0863
20th February 2021, 03:31 PM
Win tonight and we’re back in the top four, bit of a psychological boost after the results we’ve had.

miller0863
20th February 2021, 03:37 PM
Sunderland U18 0-6 Liverpool U18

0-0 til the 53rd minute, then Liverpool scored 6 in 25 minutes.

Now that’s a collapse.

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 03:39 PM
I may be wrong but think that happened a fair bit last season too, except for us?
We were a bloody winning machine last season before the break, unstoppable.
Hopefully next season we give City a better run for the title.

Steveo
20th February 2021, 03:39 PM
We will

Kev0909
20th February 2021, 04:25 PM
Win tonight and we’re back in the top four, bit of a psychological boost after the results we’ve had.

If we beat everton by 3 goals

RedNoodle
20th February 2021, 04:25 PM

Only if we win by three goals.

And just as I type that someone else gets in seconds before me.

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 04:26 PM
The great Bayern Munich getting beat 2-0 by Frankfurt at half time. Thats a couple of games they've fell behind. Are they hitting a wobble ?

Kev0909
20th February 2021, 04:29 PM
Only if we win by three goals.

Should be easy after being back to ourselves in champions league

we're basically back to last season Noods

come on mate, top fan

RedNoodle
20th February 2021, 04:30 PM
Should be easy after being back to ourselves in champions league

we're basically back to last season Noods

come on mate, top fan

I wish I/we were back to last season. The way things are going this could be my 'last season'. :(

RedNoodle
20th February 2021, 04:31 PM
Ajayi is sent off.

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 04:52 PM
2-1 Bayern. Brilliant play from Sane scored by Lewendoski.

Nineteenx
20th February 2021, 05:16 PM
The Burnley v West Brom game is absolutely riveting, park the bus team with 11 men v park the bus team with 10

eggy81
20th February 2021, 05:19 PM
The Burnley v West Brom game is absolutely riveting, park the bus team with 11 men v park the bus team with 10

The perfect game for fpl cleanies

Kev0909
20th February 2021, 05:38 PM
wba need to win really for any chance of staying up, burnley should put them out of their misery with them having 10 though, poor.

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 05:44 PM
Bayern beaten 2-1

eggy81
20th February 2021, 05:53 PM
That Burnley West Brom game must be unbelievably bad. No shots on target and 3 off target fir a side playing a long time against 10 men. Sounds like West Brom were the better side second half.

Kev0909
20th February 2021, 09:56 PM
At least west ham play spurs tomorrow!

teams around us playing each other

bright side n all that

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 10:02 PM
At least west ham play spurs tomorrow!

teams around us playing each other

bright side n all that

You, and brightside in the same post !!!
Tonight gets even more strange.

Kev0909
20th February 2021, 10:04 PM
You, and brightside in the same post !!!
Tonight gets even more strange.

At least I didn't get too excited in mid-week ;)

ianlfc
20th February 2021, 10:07 PM
At least I didn't get too excited in mid-week ;)

With age comes experience. You got to enjoy the highs as you never know when the lows come.

eggy81
20th February 2021, 11:47 PM
How did Sheffield united not get the pen there at the end considering some of the stuff happening to us this season.

CCTV
21st February 2021, 12:11 AM
How did Sheffield united not get the pen there at the end considering some of the stuff happening to us this season.

Ah sure they'll probably balance it out next weekend

eggy81
21st February 2021, 12:24 AM
The cl reffing was a breath of fresh air the other night.

teesred
21st February 2021, 12:27 AM
When the referees have got the replay to look at and they still make decisions like tonight and the one that Dean made a few weeks back with the sending off they should be made to explain. None of this protecting them bullshit.
He couldn't wait to give that pen tonight.

CCTV
21st February 2021, 12:49 AM
When the referees have got the replay to look at and they still make decisions like tonight and the one that Dean made a few weeks back with the sending off they should be made to explain. None of this protecting them bullshit.
He couldn't wait to give that pen tonight.

If they set it up like rugby where the refs communication channel to the booth is broadcast for all to hear, with fans able to tune in via radio in stadiums there would be more transparency.

It's been utilised poorly, a few minutes with recast lines to find an offside.
Then a glance today.

Not going to the screen and trusting the booth, then going to the screen another day.

Heaven forbid a ball boy or 4th official could temporarily enter the pitch with a tablet every time.

Drawing lines to the edge of the shirts arm one week, drawn to a different point another week. An obvious foot beyond the lines.

Changing the rules mid season imo as they bent the wording of a rule for us v spurs.

That not offside from a play I'm dam sure was meant for a deliberate back pass being interceptible by an offside player, reinterpreted to mean any attempt to make any auld connection with a ball to an offside player.
The lovren-kane and vvd-lamella incidents redefined that rule imo.
Whereby just because the tried to clear or intercept the ball the offside player was not offside.

justme
21st February 2021, 12:58 AM
just scrolled back on the Iplayer to see the non penalty to Sheff United.. Another laughable decision and another corrupt decision..Was it a clear penalty TICK.. Why wasnt it given on replay? what it an error to not award it in the first place TICK Why wasnt it given after the VAR replay?? is the official bent ? TICK
I don't get this oh they are only human and make mistakes and so on.. That was a penalty and should have been given its a simple has that.

miller0863
21st February 2021, 01:25 AM
The Premier League officials are amongst the very worst in Europe

toshin
21st February 2021, 11:44 AM

Nice to have a midfielder who can score....

Insidious
21st February 2021, 11:47 AM
Nice to have a midfielder who can score....

Southampton are given more space than we are to be fair.

I really like Taki. I hope he's here next season. I'm not sure him not going out on loan makes us all that much better (this year) though - as silly as I think it was that he was dropped after Palace.

toshin
21st February 2021, 11:55 AM
Perhaps. But if you think of takas goal and assist for us I don't think he is someone who needs alot of space to operate.
Origi on the other hand.....
I think he is better than shaq too.

But that said the loss of jota is becoming as sigificant as VVD...except that it could have been prevented.

Steveo
21st February 2021, 12:33 PM
Southampton are given more space than we are to be fair.

I really like Taki. I hope he's here next season. I'm not sure him not going out on loan makes us all that much better (this year) though - as silly as I think it was that he was dropped after Palace.

Good move for a talented player who needs game time in this league. I was sorry for him that in the wake of so many invisible showings from Bobby and the fact that even Origi was second choice he had to accept a youth like role.

Hopefully he returns in much better physical condition.. He has the quality...

Kev0909
21st February 2021, 02:11 PM
at least west ham keeping spurs behind us, and have city next

will be 5 pts ahead of us, but won't last

christ this is what it has come to

Insidious
21st February 2021, 02:21 PM
christ this is what it has come to

It's a very unfortunate situation. Still. We'll take anything we get right now.

Kev0909
21st February 2021, 04:56 PM
Leicester go 9 pts ahead

at last villa ain't made up ground on us!

eggy81
21st February 2021, 05:39 PM
City are in a different league just now. Shows a slump can be recovered from.

Kev0909
21st February 2021, 05:40 PM
City are in a different league just now. Shows a slump can be recovered from.

Hmm, or money..

Insidious
21st February 2021, 05:42 PM
Leicester go 9 pts ahead

at last villa ain't made up ground on us!

That's a part of my frustration about yesterday / other recent matches.

One win - ONE - and we'd have been just 6 points behind second spot. Which gives you a chance at Top Four.

Unfortunately we're losing games. Hopefully a result comes soon (Sheffield and Fulham in the next 3 League games?) and we can find something, but time is not on our side and I'm sure plenty will feel 4th is gone - which I can totally understand.

eggy81
21st February 2021, 05:43 PM
Hmm, or money..
Money helps but is it only Dias that’s new in that firs 11 today. I’m more alluding to the fact that they looked sluggish early doors but are now playing with real intensity and purpose. Of course we’ll need a few players too in the summer

LEGS
21st February 2021, 05:54 PM
Money helps but is it only Dias that’s new in that firs 11 today. I’m more alluding to the fact that they looked sluggish early doors but are now playing with real intensity and purpose. Of course we’ll need a few players too in the summer

Yeah just Dias from last season.

Thing is they dont really need much else plus they only have Ake out injured at the minute too.

They are and always have been the team to finish above if you want to win the league.

PL is going the way of the French/German league at this rate but thats not my problem.

Money is the sole reason nothing else without it they are another West Ham/Southampton.

Kev0909
21st February 2021, 05:59 PM

They got dias and ake

we sold lovren for petty cash

then eventually got davies and kabak on loan

enough said really

is there team today much different to last season? this bunch of players ain't burned out, sterling isn't shit all of a sudden etc etc

justme
21st February 2021, 06:01 PM
But they paid out nearly 95 million during a pandemic. Says it all really. Apart from Chelsea. which other club on earth as managed to spend that amount of money?
Man-city have an unfair advantage.. Owners who lose 100s of millions and don't blink an eyelid.

eggy81
21st February 2021, 06:02 PM
But they paid out nearly 95 million during a pandemic. Says it all really. Apart from Chelsea. which other club on earth as managed to spend that amount of money..

How much did we spend

Kev0909
21st February 2021, 06:04 PM
But they paid out nearly 95 million during a pandemic. Says it all really. Apart from Chelsea. which other club on earth as managed to spend that amount of money?
Man-city have an unfair advantage.. Owners who lose 100s of millions and don't blink an eyelid.

So what, other teams have managed to get what they actually needed too, to some extent

Dunno why people defend them,they're worse than the glazers

justme
21st February 2021, 06:05 PM
How much did we spend

Over all?? with selling as well?? Almost level with players in and players out,i would assume.

LEGS
21st February 2021, 06:05 PM
But they paid out nearly 95 million during a pandemic. Says it all really. Apart from Chelsea. which other club on earth as managed to spend that amount of money..

£120m mate they signed Torres too.

People kissing their arse make me sick they are controlled by horrible people who we know have cheated at least once but they continue to be lauded.

justme
21st February 2021, 06:06 PM
So what, other teams have managed to get what they actually needed too, to some extent
Again NO idea. But you just need to look at how teams have spent money and hardly any club ON EARTH. has spent that much during the last year.

eggy81
21st February 2021, 06:07 PM
Over all?? with selling as well?? Almost level with players in and players out,i would assume.
We sold who we wanted rid of and brought in who we wanted in. Same as them. We got the best midfielder in Europe from the previous season and a 40m up and coming forward and a bit of competition for lb. we should have bought a wc cb in hindsight and left Thiago where he was.

justme
21st February 2021, 06:08 PM
£120m mate they signed Torres too.

People kissing their arse make me sick they are controlled by horrible people who we know have cheated at least once but they continue to be lauded.
They did recuperate about 45 million on Sane. Thats about it..

LEGS
21st February 2021, 06:08 PM

Dunno why people defend them,they're worse than the glazers

We got what we needed our fans wanted a forward Jota a LB got that Greek lad and a midfielder we got Thiago.

A CB should have been signed but ALL managers want more players.

Glazers put huge debts on United ours havent that is why we dont have dipshits with yellow/green scarfs who are anti Glazer but still paying them by going to OT, how dumb is that.

LEGS
21st February 2021, 06:09 PM
They did recuperate about 45 million on Sane. Thats about it..

Yeah they did found that weird as he used to scare the shit out of me when he played.

justme
21st February 2021, 06:10 PM
We sold who we wanted rid of and brought in who we wanted in. Same as them. We got the best midfielder in Europe from the previous season and a 40m up and coming forward and a bit of competition for lb. we should have bought a wc cb in hindsight and left Thiago where he was.
I agree on that, but our finances, made it so we didnt over spend. Man-city did by a huge margin.

justme
21st February 2021, 06:13 PM
I can understand world football (ie leagues all over Europe mostly) Not going mad and spending like its going out of style over the last year.
So that may explain why we didnt so similar. To me thats kinda acceptable. I would be pissed off personally if we don't compete for the best players in the summer coming though.

LEGS
21st February 2021, 06:19 PM
I can understand world football (ie leagues all over Europe mostly) Not going mad and spending like its going out of style over the last year.
So that may explain why we didnt so similar. To me thats kinda acceptable. I would be pissed off personally if we don't compete for the best players in the summer coming though.

We need 3-4 new players that is for sure.

I worry we not be able to shift some of the bench players though unless we top up their salary.

We need a CB and striker as priority.

Kev0909
21st February 2021, 06:21 PM
what's the excuse for last few seasons then, when you know we was a great- and should of spent money to stay on top....and keep it fresh

I tell you what they got too tight, and over-confident because of doing well.

This season is the effects of last 3-4 windows

we stood still, look what happens.

Signing just fucking Minamino who we've now loaned out, great that, brilliant.

eggy81
21st February 2021, 06:25 PM
what's the excuse for last few seasons then, when you know we was a great- and should of spent money to stay on top....and keep it fresh

I think they think they’ve reinvented the wheel and found a way of winning regular titles without necessarily spending too much. As you say when you get to the top the hardest part is staying there. That doesn’t come cheap

LEGS
21st February 2021, 06:33 PM

Signing just fucking Minamino who we've now loaned out, great that, brilliant.

I don’t know,why don’t you send them an email and ask them ��

They didn’t think they needed to and the trophies will show they were right.

As we all know moneyball doesn’t work long term in terms of winning things hard cash is king as proven in other European leagues as well as our own.

We will sign players I am confident of that we could be in some bother shifting some imo as smaller clubs won’t be spending a fortune.

Might be some creative deals over the summer all over Europe with Covid like swap deals or loan deals with permanent transfers in 1-2 years time.

Obviously City and PSG can just slap down £50m for a player and it not worry them but 99% of clubs cannot do that.

teesred
21st February 2021, 06:35 PM
We need 3-4 new players that is for sure.

I worry we not be able to shift some of the bench players though unless we top up their salary.

We need a CB and striker as priority.

3 or 4 new players?
We got 3 in the summer and 2 in January. We need 3 or 4 very good players, we simply are not getting them.
The Greek lad was a total waste of money. He hasnt been used at all in order to give Robbo a break which tells its own story.
Jota got injured fair enough do let's see how he is when he comes back and Thiago we will see next season wether he's been a dud or not. I was buzzing when we signed him but I'm not sure he's who or what we thought or needed. Time will tell.
Add to the all of the above we have players out injured who we are banking on coming back in the form they showed previously. We have players out injured regularly or simply not good enough sat on massive contracts who are robbing it, we won't shift them or if we do we take a massive hit which affects who we can buy.
Players like Hendo are getting older, Milner might go,Gini is already packed to go.
All of the above added to also not making the top 4.
Things are not rosy as we thought and theres a major drive by FSG required to keep us where we are.

Things can change quickly in football, we know that better than anyone over the last 30 odd years of supporting LFC, who would have thought this would happen? Nobody in their right mind would have predicted such a slump and right now my biggest worry is next season. I cant see it being a case of getting back on the horse and everything being as was. Who knows wether whats going on now is going to have a lasting effect? Unlikely but not impossible.
A negative post I know but my optimism is diminishing with every game.

LEGS
21st February 2021, 06:39 PM
3 or 4 new players?
We got 3 in the summer and 2 in January. We need 3 or 4 very good players, we simply are not getting them.
The Greek lad was a total waste of money. He hasnt been used at all in order to give Robbo a break which tells its own story.
Jota got injured fair enough do let's see how he is when he comes back and Thiago we will see next season wether he's been a dud or not. I was buzzing when we signed him but I'm not sure he's who or what we thought or needed. Time will tell.
Add to the all of the above we have players out injured who we are banking on coming back in the form they showed previously. We have players out injured regularly or simply not good enough sat on massive contracts who are robbing it, we won't shift them or if we do we take a massive hit which affects who we can buy.
Players like Hendo are getting older, Milner might go,Gini is already packed to go.
All of the above added to also not making the top 4.
Things are not rosy as we thought and theres a major drive by FSG to keep us where we are.

Things can change quickly in football, we know that better than anyone over the last 30 odd years of supporting LFC, who would have thought this would happen? Nobody in their right mind would have predicted such a slump and right now my biggest worry is next season. I cant see it being a case of getting back on the horse and everything being as was. Who knows wether whats going on now is going to have a lasting effect? Unlikely but not impossible.
A negative post I know but my optimism is diminishing with every game.

We will mate be positive.

I think the Greek will play at Sheff Utd he isn’t bad at all in the games he has played he is a back up remember.

We will sign a CB for sure 100%.

I think we will bring in a midfielder and forward player too.

Some will get moved on.

eggy81
21st February 2021, 06:57 PM
City no great shakes since ht. Arsenal have a chance of pinching a point now. City have let them off the hook

Kev0909
21st February 2021, 06:59 PM
City no great shakes since ht. Arsenal have a chance of pinching a point now. City have let them off the hook

fuck that come on city

don't want arsenal 1 pt closer to us

could be 10th in a few weeks otherwise lolz

Nineteenx
21st February 2021, 09:35 PM
Surprise surprise, the filthy get a pen after Willock pulls out of his challenge making less contact on Gashford than Leicesters lad on Mo and it's a pen, despite VAR replays showing the Newcastle lad pulled out and either didn't touch him or made the faintest of contacts, apparently such instances are only subjective when it happens to one of our lads

dicko1969
21st February 2021, 09:48 PM
Not watching any EPL this weekend
Possibly due to VAR CORRUPTION SYSTEM.

HAHA

Watching THE match.

Flamenco v International

2-1

P37 Games
Flamengo go top and replace Inter.

dicko1969
21st February 2021, 09:50 PM
Surprise surprise, the filthy get a pen after Willock pulls out of his challenge making less contact on Gashford than Leicesters lad on Mo and it's a pen, despite VAR replays showing the Newcastle lad pulled out and either didn't touch him or made the faintest of contacts, apparently such instances are only subjective when it happens to one of our lads

Lol just wrote below... corrupt

And hadn't seen your comment.

Wow tastely corrupt VAR

LEGS
21st February 2021, 10:03 PM
Its all good hopefully pushes Bruce close to the drop.

You know the bloke according to gammon pundits is better than Rafa.

teesred
21st February 2021, 10:05 PM
Its all good hopefully pushes Bruce close to the drop.

You know the bloke according to gammon pundits is better than Rafa.

Lolz. Out of interest what does Gammon mean? A mate of mine uses it on Facebook to describe Brexit voters.

dicko1969
21st February 2021, 10:07 PM
Flamengo win 2-1

Tense game at the end.

38th game of season next Thursday.

Flamengo win they are champions.

LEGS
21st February 2021, 10:47 PM
Lolz. Out of interest what does Gammon mean? A mate of mine uses it on Facebook to describe Brexit voters.

Its a term used for people who dont like anyone foreign.

That sums up lots of pundits in the UK too imo you only have to listen to them.

I mean an example of how stupid they are is they put Rashford in the same bracket as Mbappe !

Its not a new thing either Rooney very good player but some got carried away and put him pretty much up with Messi/Ronaldo.

eggy81
21st February 2021, 10:53 PM
Scholes actually speaking a fair bit of sense on us.

teesred
21st February 2021, 10:54 PM
Its a term used for people who dont like anyone foreign.

That sums up lots of pundits in the UK too imo you only have to listen to them.

I mean an example of how stupid they are is they put Rashford in the same bracket as Mbappe !

Its not a new thing either Rooney very good player but some got carried away and put him pretty much up with Messi/Ronaldo.

Ah right. Basically a racist of sorts.

LEGS
21st February 2021, 11:41 PM
Ah right. Basically a racist of sorts.

You take a listen mate and make your mind up.

Kane is cute/clever but Salah is a diver.

Reality is both have gone to ground easily / dived but one gets a certain tag which the other doesn’t get wonder why ?!

justme
21st February 2021, 11:52 PM
You take a listen mate and make your mind up.

Kane is cute/clever but Salah is a diver.

Reality is both have gone to ground easily / dived but one gets a certain tag which the other doesn’t get wonder why ?!

One is the England captain the other plays for LFC..
England captains get protection remember that dick Shearer kicking Lennon in the head? he got away with it because England needed him for tournament.

Nineteenx
22nd February 2021, 09:12 PM
Both Brighton's Cbs moving the ball forward very well with long diagonals Virgil and Matip give us, I'm not talking about their CBs as targets, but that longer passing ability Virgil and Matip have is definitely something i think we need to look at when buying another top CB this summer

justme
22nd February 2021, 09:55 PM
I know Klopp says we will wait for Matip in the summer. Can anyone honestly see Joel Matip ever being fit enough to play more than 4/5 games in a row?

jr81
22nd February 2021, 09:59 PM
I know Klopp says we will wait for Matip in the summer. Can anyone honestly see Joel Matip ever being fit enough to play more than 4/5 games in a row?

Unfortunately not as he is an excellent defender. I also feel the same about gomez. We need to replace matip and get another in with virgil (unless kabak or Davies come good).
We have too many injury prone players and the list is growing due to this seasons packed schedule.

justme
22nd February 2021, 10:04 PM
I have my doubts on Kabak doesnt seem much of a leader. But who knows how he will turn out when hes played a long side Van Djik.
I agree on Matip, I just cant see him ever playing longer than a month before hes out injured for 2+months.

LEGS
22nd February 2021, 10:17 PM
I have my doubts on Kabak doesnt seem much of a leader. But who knows how he will turn out when hes played a long side Van Djik.
I agree on Matip, I just cant see him ever playing longer than a month before hes out injured for 2+months.

Kabak is shite I know this as Carragher told me on Saturday.

You know a young kid who hasnt been at the club 3 weeks and expected to be like Maldini.

justme
22nd February 2021, 10:48 PM
:D yeah summat like that

RedNoodle
22nd February 2021, 10:54 PM
My health/life is absolutely horrific, and that last second Palace/Benteke goal sums up my life in a nutshell.

Nineteenx
22nd February 2021, 11:00 PM
Ha ha fuck you shit cunt Potter and Brighton bit of karma there for being diving cheating shit bastards

Nineteenx
22nd February 2021, 11:02 PM
Kabak is shite I know this as Carragher told me on Saturday.

You know a young kid who hasnt been at the club 3 weeks and expected to be like Maldini.

Early signs are he'll be a much better CB than he ever was, not really a high ceiling to reach mind

miller0863
22nd February 2021, 11:05 PM
Talk about smash and grab.
Brighton 75% possession with 25 shots and 5 on target v 25% with 3 shots and 2 on target. Benteke with a one in a hundred volley across the keeper to win it in the 95th minute.

miller0863
22nd February 2021, 11:06 PM
Early signs for me are that he’ll be back at Schalke in the summer.

toshin
22nd February 2021, 11:55 PM
Unfortunately not as he is an excellent defender. I also feel the same about gomez. We need to replace matip and get another in with virgil (unless kabak or Davies come good).
We have too many injury prone players and the list is growing due to this seasons packed schedule.

Disagree, as long as he knows he is not first choice. Its not easy to find top player whos willing to sit on the bench. Yes he can't play 5-6 games in a row but as long as we have someone else at least as good as lovren (but preferably young) it should be fine. This season is pretty exceptional with CB injuries but we cant go out and just buy 2 top CBs.

We knew we were going to let Lovren go so in that time should have been seriously looking for a top young CB for a reasonable price. We have Kabak now but thats obviously desperation of what was available and cheap, regardless of how the club want to spin it.

We desperately need a real striker in the mould of wolves Jimenez who is top class in the 'firminho role'.
Also need to replace Gini, another full back as it doesn't seem like tsimikis is good enough (has he even playeda 'serious' game?)
I also think we need another Jota type, someone like Neto!

Alot of players to clear out too, inc Origi, Ox, shaq, Adrian and maybe Naby if we get a good deal.

Insidious
23rd February 2021, 05:25 PM
We desperately need a real striker in the mould of wolves Jimenez who is top class in the 'firminho role'.
Also need to replace Gini, another full back as it doesn't seem like tsimikis is good enough (has he even playeda 'serious' game?)
I also think we need another Jota type, someone like Neto!

Alot of players to clear out too, inc Origi, Ox, shaq, Adrian and maybe Naby if we get a good deal.

I feel it's early days still. Had Covid, had the knee issue, had the thigh issue, is competing with Andy Robertson - we can probably afford him a little more time yet.

Steveo
23rd February 2021, 08:12 PM
Come on Luis - score a hat trick tonight lad

miller0863
23rd February 2021, 08:51 PM
Southampton’s slide towards the trap door still going well.
Leeds 3-0 Southampton

miller0863
23rd February 2021, 09:06 PM
Seeing Luis Suarez lining up for Atletico pisses me off. It’s exactly the kind of signing Utd would have made (as with Cavani) but one we would never make purely based on age.
He would have won us numerous additional points this season.

scientificred
23rd February 2021, 09:34 PM
Raphinha has been very impressive in these past 2 games for Leeds.

Nineteenx
23rd February 2021, 09:47 PM
Seeing Luis Suarez lining up for Atletico pisses me off. It’s exactly the kind of signing Utd would have made (as with Cavani) but one we would never make purely based on age.

No way on this earth our owners would have had Suarez back under any circumstances

teesred
23rd February 2021, 09:53 PM

Totally. I'd love to have seen him come back, some wouldnt like which is fair enough.
I was just thinking about him today, hes one of the best players of the last 25 years for me and thats ever, not just for LFC. I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

miller0863
23rd February 2021, 10:55 PM
Very disappointed in Atletico, never laid a glove on Chelsea.
Atletico 0-1 Chelsea

teesred
23rd February 2021, 11:15 PM
Thats a great result for them. I was thinking Atletico would be a good shout to win it.

Nineteenx
23rd February 2021, 11:19 PM
Very disappointed in Atletico, never laid a glove on Chelsea.
Atletico 0-1 Chelsea

Think Trippier's their main man on set pieces and withour him their delivery on every single one was Keiran

toshin
24th February 2021, 04:15 PM
In this crazy season I wouldnt put it past them Winning 2-1in the 2nd leg.
They played at a neutral ground too and it's not like home Games are worth anything now.

Steveo
24th February 2021, 06:18 PM
They put 3 past us at Anfield - with fans and under the lights.

But in all honesty - they looked very ordinary v Chelsea and last season after knocking us out.

justme
24th February 2021, 06:49 PM
We dominated both legs against A-Madrid last season. It was the lack of finishing in the first leg and then that useless oaf Adrian that caused 2 stupid errors that cost us.

scientificred
24th February 2021, 06:53 PM
We dominated both legs against A-Madrid last season. It was the lack of finishing in the first leg and then that useless oaf Adrian that caused 2 stupid errors that cost us.

We won and lose as a team Justme.
Always!

justme
24th February 2021, 06:54 PM
We won and lose as a team Justme.
Always!

Well i guess so

scientificred
24th February 2021, 07:01 PM
Well i guess so
It is so!

Steveo
24th February 2021, 07:01 PM
Absolutely was a lack of finishing - although we conceded 4 goals over the tie. We have seen similar this season - dominate teams but they sit tight and we don't seem to have the energy or the ability to score the all important goal..

Fatigue - both mental and physical.. which makes sense when you look at how we have played over the last few years with a relatively small squad.

We can't forget the toll it takes winning all though nail biting games - gritty performances but the effort is huge.

justme
24th February 2021, 07:26 PM
It is so!

I get where you are coming from. I just go back to how the players reacted in the champions league final when Karius made two glaring errors. They never went up to him and tried to cheer him up etc. I kind of understand that. He ruined their chance of winning something major (thankfully we came back the following year and won it). Sometimes its hard to accept that someone is so bad that have cost you.
Adrian was terrible in the semi-final and been pretty poor since. in the chances he's had. Obviously Allison hasnt been great himself in recent weeks.But you know theres a standard between him and the likes of Adrian. One is an excellent keeper and the other isn't on the same level.

scientificred
24th February 2021, 08:07 PM
I get where you are coming from. I just go back to how the players reacted in the champions league final when Karius made two glaring errors. They never went up to him and tried to cheer him up etc. I kind of understand that. He ruined their chance of winning something major (thankfully we came back the following year and won it). Sometimes its hard to accept that someone is so bad that have cost you.
Adrian was terrible in the semi-final and been pretty poor since. in the chances he's had. Obviously Allison hasnt been great himself in recent weeks.But you know theres a standard between him and the likes of Adrian. One is an excellent keeper and the other isn't on the same level.
Why blame the goalie?
Why not the missed chances or lack of chances created or misplaced passes leading to the goals?
It is a team effort.

Nineteenx
24th February 2021, 08:34 PM
Why blame the goalie?
Why not the missed chances or lack of chances created or misplaced passes leading to the goals?
It is a team effort.

Exactly

miller0863
24th February 2021, 10:40 PM
I see 17 year old Harvey Elliott dispensed with the usual assist this evening and went for scoring a goal himself instead.

justme
24th February 2021, 11:42 PM
Why blame the goalie?
It is a team effort.
Well they made huge errors that lead to goals

miller0863
25th February 2021, 11:31 AM
👶 “No player aged 23 and under has had a direct hand in more goals than Harvey Elliott (14 - 5 goals, 9 assists) in the Championship this season “

He’s still 17 til April

TheDOC1979
25th February 2021, 07:23 PM
👶 “No player aged 23 and under has had a direct hand in more goals than Harvey Elliott (14 - 5 goals, 9 assists) in the Championship this season “

He’s still 17 til April

We’ll probably let him go like a lot of our loaned players.

When was the last loaned out player that made it here?

faridtoxteth
25th February 2021, 08:36 PM
Watching Rangers at the moment. First time i have really looked at them. I know they have done well under Gerrard, but the standard looks really poor. I think they would get murdered by any first rate team.
Am I wrong?

Kev0909
25th February 2021, 08:40 PM
Watching Rangers at the moment. First time i have really looked at them. I know they have done well under Gerrard, but the standard looks really poor. I think they would get murdered by any first rate team.
Am I wrong?

It's nothing new scottish football is shite

still done very well in the time he has considering where rangers was, v celtic

Nineteenx
25th February 2021, 10:41 PM
Boooooooooooooooooooooom Brenny Bullshitters bottlers 2-0 down, maybe they were waiting until the 70th minute, i mean for a bent officiating team to give them something, honestly the shite that comes out of that cunts mouth

miller0863
25th February 2021, 11:04 PM
He’s assembled a squad of loans, free signings and one player who cost money, Ryan Kent for £7m, of course they’d struggle against Premier League opposition.
Rangers not lost a game in Europe, now in the last 16, something Brenny’s Leicester have just failed to do, while Celtic didn’t even get out of their group.
In the league they have a record of
P30 W26 D4 L0 F73 A9
They have the best defensive league record across 30 of Europe’s top leagues, conceding at a rate of 0.29 goals per game.

Not much more Stevie could have done in his second season of management. His career is coming along nicely.

Nineteenx
25th February 2021, 11:08 PM
He’s assembled a squad of loans, free signings and one player who cost money, Ryan Kent for £7m, of course they’d struggle against Premier League opposition.
Rangers not lost a game in Europe, now in the last 16, something Brenny’s Leicester have just failed to do, while Celtic didn’t even get out of their group.
P30 W26 D4 L0 F73 A9
They have the best defensive league record across 30 of Europe’s top leagues, conceding at a rate of 0.29 goals per game.

Not much more Stevie could have done in his second season of management. His career is coming along nicely.

It's the SPL

Nineteenx
25th February 2021, 11:31 PM
Anyway shit cunt gobshite Rodgers lost, happy days the shit cunt, if i'd interviewed him i'd have asked if 'the plan' of waiting until the 70th minute backfired tonight, still can't believe the BT twats let that pass, they didn't do shit all fucking game, bent VAR cunts gave them a goal, we gifted them 2, it wasn't like they suddenly started playing on 70 minutes and were carving through us

I can't stand the gobshite cunt

miller0863
25th February 2021, 11:34 PM
Fine. But could he have done any more with what he had? Last season he got to the last 16 of the Europa League and again this.
Brenny never has, neither have numerous Premier league clubs.
Not sure why it’s the done thing to belittle his achievements, no one is saying he is ready for Liverpool but he’s doing a fantastic job at his level.

Nineteenx
25th February 2021, 11:52 PM
Fine. But could he have done any more with what he had? Last season he got to the last 16 of the Europa League and again this.
Brenny never has, neither have numerous Premier league clubs.
Not sure why it’s the done thing to belittle his achievements, no one is saying he is ready for Liverpool but he’s doing a fantastic job at his level.

Like to see him take a job at one of the Champioships once great clubs and see how he fairs revatilising their fortunes and negotiating them out of THE most difficult league to get out of and into the Prem and if he can do that see how he gets on with them in the Prem, that'd be a better barometer and test of his abilities

miller0863
26th February 2021, 12:00 AM
How much European experience is he getting in the Championship?
I’d like him to stay where he is for a year or two

Nineteenx
26th February 2021, 12:03 AM
Whenever i see highlights of Rangers they seem to really lack any clear identity and you need to have that and instill it into your team if you're ever going to make a top manager

They look as you described them, a roughly cobbled together bunch of loanees and frees who have some abilities, mostly just pace, the defenders in the SPL aren't of a standard to deal with

His Europa League exploits are comendable, but being unfancied and underdogs always seems to help teams like that, who have one or two players who might just nick you a goal

Insidious
26th February 2021, 12:05 AM
Brendan's record in Europe isn't exactly the most encouraging thing for as/when Leicester enjoy Champion's League football.

Nineteenx
26th February 2021, 12:27 AM
Brendan's record in Europe isn't exactly the most encouraging thing for as/when Leicester enjoy Champion's League football.

They look like they're getting aboard the good ship bottle job again based on that performance, probably get done by Arsenal at the weekend

They're another team like the filthy who benefit from other sides trying to engage them in a game of football with virtually none, except tonight's opponents trying to park the bus and break on them, and look what happened

teesred
26th February 2021, 12:50 AM
Why so much venom for Rogers? It didn't work out at LFC but he seems a decent guy. Bit harsh calling him a cunt.

teesred
26th February 2021, 12:52 AM
P30 W26 D4 L0 F73 A9

Couldn't agree more. Just because its the SPL its no less impressive, putting the breaks on a decade of Celtic dominance on a shoestring budget is excellent. I'm thrilled for him, its one good thing to come out of this awful season even if it isn't for LFC.

Steveo
26th February 2021, 01:17 AM
Why so much venom for Rogers? It didn't work out at LFC but he seems a decent guy. Bit harsh calling him a cunt.

Agreed. Never understood the animosity towards him. Decent fella - and he came so close with us, I always liked Brendan.

Nineteenx
26th February 2021, 02:27 AM

Because he's a big time chancer who talks a lot of shite and is constantly doing that to try and make himself appear clever, i loathed that about him when he was our manager

ianlfc
26th February 2021, 07:52 AM
Because he's a big time chancer who talks a lot of shite and is constantly doing that to try and make himself appear clever, i loathed that about him when he was our manager

That's enough about you ,what's your thoughts on Brendan 🤣🤣
As for Scottish football you come across as a Premier league snob. Stevie is doing a fantastic job there and is now considered a legend in the short time he's been there for what he's achieved. I'm no fan of Scottish football but I know alot to Rangers fans who adore him and even a few Celtic fans who acknowledge what he's done, though alot of them blame the club for spending money on things like disco lights at parkhead and not on the squad.

justme
26th February 2021, 09:05 AM

Irony at its best?

Firstly: you came on one evening in a panic and thought you'd murdered someone in a fight
secondly: you like "mirror training"" <--- sounds like a sexual fantasy rather than some sort of footballing tactics.
thirdly: your obsessed with diagonal balls
Fourthly: you blame Fabhino for nearly everything.. Even the loss in last seasons Champions league campaign.

Nineteenx
26th February 2021, 05:01 PM
Irony at its best?

Firstly: you came on one evening in a panic and thought you'd murdered someone in a fight
secondly: you like "mirror training"" <--- sounds like a sexual fantasy rather than some sort of footballing tactics.
thirdly: your obsessed with diagonal balls
Fourthly: you blame Fabhino for nearly everything.. Even the loss in last seasons Champions league campaign.

Firstly, having been left with severe PTSD following a three and a half year period of sustained day in day out abuse, disability abuse and discrimination through my not being able to hear in one ear, people trying to fight me, which must as I wanted to kick their cunts right in, had I accepted, would have been used as a reason to dismiss me, putting 2 gossiping bitches at diagonals across my strong ear in a deliberate act to try and make my doing my work impossible, systematically robbing me, with the cunt manager coming 3 or 4 times a week, standing intrusively close to me behind my left shoulder watching, encouraging and orchestrating the abuse before asking me if I thought I could handle it.

Let me tell you, when you have endured such long term abuse, in which you are persistently attacked for no good reason, the PTSD that leaves you with, of constantly and easily feeling attacked and expecting to be attacked without good reason and the absolute danger and psychopathic and violent nature your reaction to such abuse or what your head believes is an attack that can manifest, would make anyone realise their potential to actually kill a person and having had such a reaction, coming home, covered in blood, none of which was yours and having no recollection of what you had done, worrying you might have done that isn't at all an unreasonable response.

Mirror training actually works and the thread was brilliant and I was in the midst of the most severe manic episode of my entire life throughout that entire thread

Diagonal balls and switches work, they worked so well for us numerous teams in the Premier League, including City, have placed huge emphasis on playing more of them and they are working for them. Just because you're a know nothing that doesn't appreciate the game or the value of them, isn't a reason for you to attack me

I don't blame Fab for our Champions League exit, I blame Klopp for bringing him back in, when the fluid 3 had been a clear evolution and far better than the rigid 3 we have to play with when Fab's in the team, especially now teams have figured out that the way he plays, and that leaving a player for transition in his area and one wide, to find and try to release when our play breaks down it a hugely successful tactic to employ when he's in our midfield

justme
26th February 2021, 05:24 PM
Why do people descend into mentioning their health when this is a debate chat forum?

Steveo
26th February 2021, 05:55 PM
Makes me feel queesy.. :D

ps. That's just a joke on the point Justme has raised, which is valid - not making light of anyones ailments which are obviously not funny.

skyebo
26th February 2021, 07:28 PM

He got called a lot of other things by someone who left here 2 years ago.

Steveo
26th February 2021, 07:56 PM
He got called a lot of other things by someone who left here 2 years ago.

He could take that as a compliment. :D

Nineteenx
26th February 2021, 08:57 PM
Ok, Rodgers isn't a bullshitter who says anything he thinks will embelish his reputation

On our recent game, in which his side didn't play any football and whose only opportunities in the entire game came from a free kick from diving, about their fourth free kick from diving, their first goal coming from yet another bogus VAR call, the other 2 not coming from his side suddenly beginning to play, but from really terrible errors from our players

"The plan was to wait until the 70th minute"

Really? Fucking bullshitting cunt, so from the outset of a Premier League game, in which his side would have been 2-0 down had VAR not made another bogus decision in not awarding Salah a penalty after Ricardo had missed his attempted tackle and caught Mo's foot, his master plan and the reason they won was to wait until the 70th minute? Yet he had his players diving all game trying to win free kicks to try and score from

Obvious clear unadulterated bullshit so typical of Rodgers desperate attempts to try and appear clever

The guy's a cunt

ianlfc
26th February 2021, 09:38 PM
Ok, Rodgers isn't a bullshitter who says anything he thinks will embelish his reputation

On our recent game, in which his side didn't play any football and whose only opportunities in the entire game came from a free kick from diving, about their fourth free kick from diving, their first goal coming from yet another bogus VAR call, the other 2 not coming from his side suddenly beginning to play, but from really terrible errors from our players

"The plan was to wait until the 70th minute"

Really? Fucking bullshitting cunt, so from the outset of a Premier League game, in which his side would have been 2-0 down had VAR not made another bogus decision in not awarding Salah a penalty after Ricardo had missed his attempted tackle and caught Mo's foot, his master plan and the reason they won was to wait until the 70th minute? Yet he had his players diving all game trying to win free kicks to try and score from

Obvious clear unadulterated bullshit so typical of Rodgers desperate attempts to try and appear clever

The guy's a cunt

#benice

Insidious
26th February 2021, 10:33 PM
#benice

He was being perfectly Quaresmatic I thought.

Nineteenx
28th February 2021, 04:15 PM
They look like they're getting aboard the good ship bottle job again based on that performance, probably get done by Arsenal at the weekend

They're another team like the filthy who benefit from other sides trying to engage them in a game of football with virtually none, except tonight's opponents trying to park the bus and break on them, and look what happened

What minute did Brenny instruct his bottlers to start playing today I wonder?

eggy81
28th February 2021, 04:16 PM
Bale is still a hell of a player.