PDA

View Full Version : Your team v Sheffield United

Insidious
21st February 2021, 01:12 AM
It feels like nothing is working just now. But we have to put a side out. Assuming Fabinho and Henderson are injured -

.........................Alisson

Trent........Kabak......Phillips..Robertson

.......................Wijnaldum

...............Shaqiri..........Thiago

.....Salah...........Origi.........Mane

Nothing at all against Firmino, but he is getting into finishing positions but putting nothing away. Origi isn't an ideal solution, but does tend to come alive in the box.

Shaq and Thiago hopefully create. Feels harsh on Jones. Could happily accept Jones in place of Thiago.

Hope we can get something as today somewhat released the little bit of air the Leipzig match put into the balloon.

justme
21st February 2021, 01:15 AM
I would give Robbo a rest see what the Greek guy can do. hes waited long enough..
I wouldnt play Origi but have Mane central and Jones on the left.. a 3 of Wijnadlum Keita and Milner (if the latter is fit)

scientificred
21st February 2021, 01:30 AM
I would give Robbo a rest see what the Greek guy can do. hes waited long enough..
I wouldnt play Origi but have Mane central and Jones on the left.. a 3 of Wijnadlum Keita and Milner (if the later is fit)
Thiago looks lost at the moment and appears worse with every game yet still tries so many nonchalant flicks that often do not come off and are sometimes almost dangerous against us - welcome to the PL - he should be benched - hopefully he will come good next season

justme
21st February 2021, 01:34 AM
Thiago looks lost at the moment and appears worse with every game yet still tries so many nonchalant flicks that often do not come off and are sometimes almost dangerous against us - welcome to the PL - he should be benched - hopefully he will come good next season

I doubt he will come good. because he wants to play in midfield.. You dont get that in the PL. you have to play everything first time. We should do our best to keep Wijnaldum he will offer more than Thiago will over the next 2/3 years.

scientificred
21st February 2021, 01:37 AM
I doubt he will come good. because he wants to play in midfield.. You dont get that in the PL. you have to play everything first time. We should do our best to keep Wijnaldum he will offer more than Thiago will over the next 2/3 years.
Love Gini but worry if he gets the contract he wants he will just sit on it for his last few years

justme
21st February 2021, 01:41 AM
I doubt Gini is that type of man. hes been shit of late but who hasnt?. I would prefer he stayed than Thiago. Thiago to me will cause us a lot of issues with the ball he will get caught to often.

scientificred
21st February 2021, 01:46 AM
I think we should put out a consistent team selection for the next 5 games that can reasonably be expected to stay fit and get minimum 7 points even if the play is drab

reddownunder
21st February 2021, 01:50 AM
Alisson
Trent Kabak Phillips Robertson
Jones Wijnaldum Keita
Salah Firmino Mane

Need something different in midfield. On the hour mark I'd bring in Origi and Ox for Firmino and Keita

eggy81
21st February 2021, 03:02 AM
Allison
Trent neco Philips Williams Davies kabak Tmiskas Robertson

Mane salah

Nineteenx
21st February 2021, 04:09 AM
Alisson
Trent Kabak Phillips Robertson
Jones Wijnaldum Keita
Salah Firmino Mane

Need something different in midfield. On the hour mark I'd bring in Origi and Ox for Firmino and Keita

I'd actually go with that line up, Thiago's cost us 3 goals in our last 2 Prem games, left a leg out Fab style for Leicesters free kick, then petulantly hit a crossfield straight to their player to set up the second because Hendo rightly cunted him off for the first, th

Nineteenx
21st February 2021, 02:19 PM
Alisson

Trent Phillips Kabak Robertson

Thiago Wijnaldum Keita

Salah Firmino Mane

Hendo's out, people whining about Mo and Mane, since Hendo was moved to CB he has been our only player, even from that deep to pick out Mo and Mane's runs in behind with more direct balls played forward quickly, actually Trent also a couple of times, we've had absolutely nothing, NOTHING, whatsoever from any of our other midfielders.

We simply HAVE to play Thiago and work with Thiago, Bobby, Mo and Mane in the week we have on ways he can use his passing to be more direct and find Mo and Mane's runs in behind and ways Bobby rather than keep turning into trouble crowded out by 2 or 3 midfielders every time he tries to, can look to make runs to move them and open up gaps for Thiago's passing. He's made mistakes and annoyed the fuck out of me in the last couple of games if I'm honest, but, he's our only midfielder we have fit who can play the switches and the attempted balls over the top or through the channels to find Mo and Mane's runs

Keita is in for me as he will create and try a different type of passing, playing balls on the deck trying to put Mo or Mane through and following them looking for a return or to pick up the pieces, that in itself changes the dynamic, might help Bobby and help open up gaps and possibilities for Thiago to be more direct and find players and we do need a change of dynamic and something different, to add to the elements that have been functioned, albeit not at their best, rather than throw the baby out with the bath water

Thiago's our only midfielder with the range of passing for switches and balls over the top and Naby's our only midfielder who will offer us that different dynamic so they both start v Sheffield UTD for me, and we simply HAVE to play Naby while he is actually fit and at least get some value for the incredible amount of wages he's picked up lounging around in the treatment room

LEGS
21st February 2021, 02:35 PM
I dont think Firmino should play i'd put Origi in.

Firmino will be nailed on for Chelsea 4 days later.

We need to start a few of the bench lot as it cant get any worse we are losing with the main players anyway.

Other than that I have no input as the team pretty much picks itself.

Nineteenx
21st February 2021, 02:50 PM
I dont think Firmino should play i'd put Origi in.

Firmino will be nailed on for Chelsea 4 days later.

We need to start a few of the bench lot as it cant get any worse we are losing with the main players anyway.

Other than that I have no input as the team pretty much picks itself.

For me, the main issue with Bobby has been our collective press not being as high or as good, rather than not play him, I think the solution is to play him and use him differently, I don't think Origi is the solution to anything, I'd have rather he went out on loan than Minamino, because when played in one game in the actual position he played most frequently for Salzburg, left or right forward mostly, left forward in the game v Palace, he offered far more than Origi has offered in numerous opportunities there and scored as he incidentally has for Southampton from where he's scored 2 goals playing in the same position

Origi offers nothing, he is awful in the press, he is woeful in the air and at using his considerable size to get in front of players and get hold of the ball and lay it off simply to one of our players and desperately lacking in any sort of football intelligence or ability that would identify him as even a worthy option from the bench for any top side with the season in season out aspirations we have, he wouldn't even be here but for Covid, having been given a season's grace from a long overdue exit following his Champions League exploits as was Shaqiri

sydenham red
21st February 2021, 02:59 PM
Origi, shaq offer nothing. Played well in the barca 4-0 and maybe 2 other games that i can recall. Thats 1 of our problems, we have maybe 14-16 good players, which is ok when everyone is fit but now with injuries to arguably 6 of them the squad is exposed as thin.

TheDOC1979
21st February 2021, 03:28 PM
Davies still injured? He's played against Sheffield United before so I don't see why he doesn't get a call up if he's not injured.

Kabak is young and I feel for him to be honest. Any newbie that comes into a team playing dross is going to be called unfairly called out.

We have 3 fit centre backs "touch wood" Play them as CB's. If Fabinho comes back from injury, play him in midfield. I doubt that will be the case.

skyebo
21st February 2021, 06:03 PM
Davies still injured? He's played against Sheffield United before so I don't see why he doesn't get a call up if he's not injured.

Kabak is young and I feel for him to be honest. Any newbie that comes into a team playing dross is going to be called unfairly called out.

We have 3 fit centre backs "touch wood" Play them as CB's. If Fabinho comes back from injury, play him in midfield. I doubt that will be the case.

Picking on the new guys and the youngsters is a common theme on here. They should be looking at the performances of some of the more experienced players instead.

skyebo
21st February 2021, 06:07 PM
Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Philips
Kabak
Robertson
Jones
Keita
Wijnaldum
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Nineteenx
23rd February 2021, 10:07 PM
This is what we're looking for on turnovers

Mane RCB___CB___LCB Mo

Either one of them quickly on the shoulder of RCB or LCB looking for the ball played early down the line over their man by Robbo or Trent

Nineteenx
24th February 2021, 10:31 PM
Massive game for our lads this one, and one which could see us close the current mini gap on a few teams by winning with City playing West Ham and the filthy playing Chelsea

Going to be a really tough game as Sheffield UTD are getting back to playing more like they were when they were challenging for top four, at least through their defending and midfield up until the final third anyway

Doubt Jurgen will throw Jota straight back in, but I'm expecting him to be on the bench at least, which is absolutely brilliant news if we need a goal or two and he gives us so many options with his versatility, straight swap for Bobby or on for Keita (who i expect will start) as a fourth forward, sort of player who given his record for us since his arrival will unnerve sides looking to hold out for a draw or defend a slender lead or PTB sides

really excited he's back, gives us so many options, wouldn't mind seeing all four forwards start against some sides

Hopefully Fab is back too

Having that option of all four forwards or bringing the fourth on v PTB sides is going to make a huge difference for us I believe

darrenpotter
25th February 2021, 12:51 AM
Alisson
Neco williams
Philips
Kabak
Robertson
Jones
TAA
Wijnaldum
Salah
Origi
Mane

Lets try something a bit out there and put trent in midfield and go direct as hell, Gini to conduct.... something different worth trying

Nineteenx
25th February 2021, 01:08 AM
Alisson
Neco williams
Philips
Kabak
Robertson
Jones
TAA
Wijnaldum
Salah
Origi
Mane

Lets try something a bit out there and put trent in midfield and go direct as hell, Gini to conduct.... something different worth trying

Gini to conduct :D ooh that's a classic Gini has a great many fine qualities, the ability to conduct is absolutely not one of them, we only have 2 mids capable of that, Henderson out for the season and Thiago yet to bring it to the table and learn to play his switches and balls over the top as quickly up and down balls with backspin for easy control for the recipient

Kev0909
28th February 2021, 07:17 PM
https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/155801791_10160267500617573_3032605758231619305_o. jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=DJ2rVxy4GAMAX9Ly9sO&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=ef1cd2bc44b3b7293747fed28f7b78bb&oe=606368EB

Kehlllleer another injury prone guy? :D

davies??

miller0863
28th February 2021, 07:21 PM
Oh dear. It’s a good job Sheff Utd don’t score many, it at least gives us half a chance.
Spine ripped out of our starting 11, Alisson, Virgil, Matip and Henderson.

Going to be a hard night, thank God they are shite and missing several themselves.

stevie harkness
28th February 2021, 07:22 PM
Kinell Adrian.

Fab Four Keita, Ox, Shaqiri, Origi on the bench

Brewster on their bench, 1-0 Brewster pays 85/1 just saying

southernboy
28th February 2021, 07:22 PM
Jota is ill apparently. Would have been on the bench otherwise.

Odds on Brewster opening his account for Sheffield United?

jr81
28th February 2021, 07:23 PM
https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/155801791_10160267500617573_3032605758231619305_o. jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=DJ2rVxy4GAMAX9Ly9sO&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=ef1cd2bc44b3b7293747fed28f7b78bb&oe=606368EB

Kehlllleer another injury prone guy? :D

davies??
Adrian and 2 unproven CBs..how things have changed. Could be a long night if the boys yp front arent firing.

Nineteenx
28th February 2021, 07:26 PM
Oh oh can see this being a disaster, Kelleher must be out, understandable that Big Bear has the game off on compassionate grounds, not Jota on the bench either

Adrian

Trent Phillips Kabak Robertson

Thiago Wijnaldum Jones

Salah Firmino Mane

Well it is what it is, 3 points minimum requirement, no fucking excuses, bottom side with a few key injuries themselves, play our game, be direct, play our switches, Mo and Mane quickly getting on the shoulder of their RCB and LCB whenever we nick it and their wing backs are forward, also looking for Mane and Mo to pull onto their RCB and LCB and Robbo and Trent looking to play balls over the top or curlers over down the line in behind their RCB and LCB

Get the fucking win for fucks sake

faridtoxteth
28th February 2021, 07:31 PM
That is a very disappointing team selection.
Has Adrian played for us since the debacle against Villa? It was his uncomfortable attitude to our high line that led partially to that disaster.
Jota also not there.
We really have to win this game. But surely our front three will make mincemeat of their defense.

southernboy
28th February 2021, 07:31 PM
Adrian and 2 unproven CBs..how things have changed. Could be a long night if the boys yp front arent firing.

The game plan for SU couldn’t be easier. Chase and harass our back four relentlessly and press Adrian whenever he has the ball. The last part would apply with Alisson in goal to be fair.

faridtoxteth
28th February 2021, 07:32 PM
And it's Jonathan Moss.

jr81
28th February 2021, 07:38 PM
The game plan for SU couldn’t be easier. Chase and harass our back four relentlessly and press Adrian whenever he has the ball. The last part would apply with Alisson in goal to be fair.

Yep. I'd expect a lot of long balls on top of the CBs as well. See how decisive they are.
And we don't have any natural holder in midfield for protection.

TheDOC1979
28th February 2021, 07:40 PM
Oh dear. It’s a good job Sheff Utd don’t score many, it at least gives us half a chance.
Spine ripped out of our starting 11, Alisson, Virgil, Matip and Henderson.

Going to be a hard night, thank God they are shite and missing several themselves.

Not to worry Miller, we're breaking all kinds of wrong records this season. Not at all hopeful for this one at all. They'll be up for it more than us. Our bench is a major worry.

Kev0909
28th February 2021, 07:42 PM
that front 3 should score against shef utd a good few times..... in theory and on paper...... but yeah

TheDOC1979
28th February 2021, 07:44 PM
that front 3 should score against shef utd a good few times..... in theory and on paper...... but yeah

We've tore up all the papers and got rid of any theory for the last few months Kev. Actually hating 2021 more than 2020

LEGS
28th February 2021, 07:48 PM
We've tore up all the papers and got rid of any theory for the last few months Kev. Actually hating 2021 more than 2020

Correct the middle of May cant come quick enough for me.

jr81
28th February 2021, 07:49 PM
CBs playing CBs and midfielders playing midfield. It's what a lot on here wnated to see. This is our chance to see how kabak and Phillips play together.
Hoping for the best, but expecting something else.

CCTV
28th February 2021, 07:51 PM
3 points please and I'll be laughing my way to sleep tonight

southernboy
28th February 2021, 07:51 PM
No Davies tonight either. I genuinely believe that he will never play for us.

miller0863
28th February 2021, 07:52 PM
Yep. Look at the state of today’s line ups for both sides. Heart ripped out of both. No fans, VAR, hopeless officiating.
By September you could see this season was going to be a lottery and that’s what it has proved to be.

Have hated this season and football without fans is barely watchable

eggy81
28th February 2021, 07:56 PM
What the duck is going on with all of our players. Lads disappearing all over the place. That team selection is depressing. Hopefully the 3 amigos up front are on fire tonight.

Insidious
28th February 2021, 08:01 PM
What the duck is going on with all of our players.

bLaMe tHe aRsEnAl dOcToR :lol:

CCTV
28th February 2021, 08:05 PM
No Davies tonight either. I genuinely believe that he will never play for us.

Still injured?

boom-klopp
28th February 2021, 08:07 PM
expect 1-0 down in first 10 minutes.

that lineup is a fuckin disaster.

same shit different day.

loooooong night guys.

southernboy
28th February 2021, 08:08 PM
Still injured?

He was training with the first team during the week, so who knows. Probably ill.

justme
28th February 2021, 08:11 PM
expect 1-0 down in first 10 minutes.

that lineup is a fuckin disaster.

same shit different day.

loooooong night guys.

again how do you cheer when we won the league?

LEGS
28th February 2021, 08:12 PM
Still injured?

Yes he is injured confirmed by The Athletic journalists.

CCTV
28th February 2021, 08:15 PM
Nevermind :D

boom-klopp
28th February 2021, 08:16 PM
again how do you cheer when we won the league?

what you on about you fuckin cunt??

justme
28th February 2021, 08:18 PM
what you on about you fuckin cunt??

calm down troll :) :) :) :)

Steveo
28th February 2021, 08:18 PM
He was training with the first team during the week, so who knows. Probably ill.

Probably got the trots - would be perfectly apt for this shitshow of a season.

stevie harkness
12th March 2021, 02:36 PM
Chris Wilder is out of a job

ianlfc
12th March 2021, 03:03 PM
Chris Wilder is out of a job

Maybe If he had agreed to 5 subs he'd still be in a job.

Nineteenx
12th March 2021, 05:28 PM
Fuck wits, you'd think they'd learn a lesson about this just by looking at Norwich, maybe it's a Brewster's millions sacking

Nineteenx
12th March 2021, 05:30 PM
calm down troll :) :) :) :)

One thing, probably about the only thing Justme and I have in common, is we both spotted that fool from day one

skyebo
12th March 2021, 05:50 PM
Not the first casualty of 2nd season syndrome, won't be the last either.

scientificred
12th March 2021, 08:06 PM
Not the first casualty of 2nd season syndrome, won't be the last either.
Perhaps they fancy Stevie G.

stevie harkness
12th March 2021, 08:29 PM

Rhian Brewster likes this.

miller0863
12th March 2021, 10:20 PM
Stevie Gerrard’s going nowhere, he’s managing in the Champions League next season.

stevie harkness
12th March 2021, 10:35 PM
Stevie Gerrard’s going nowhere, he’s managing in the Champions League next season.

Perhaps warming up for that by facing us in the Super Cup

skyebo
13th March 2021, 12:20 PM

lol