PDA

View Full Version : Racism

scientificred
15th April 2021, 05:02 PM
I have started this thread so that people can air their views from whatever background and hopefully enlighten people from an opposing background as to what they consider racism or otherwise.
Hopefully this will lead towards a better understanding of ourselves and others with regards these issues and how we should address ourselves and others in this world.
This may need the use of deragatory phrases to be allowed. Mods please advise.

scientificred
15th April 2021, 05:22 PM
I will start this thread by repeating my post from another thread

I have never seen anyone who is black or white. We are all different shades of brown.

ianlfc
15th April 2021, 06:14 PM

I have never seen anyone who is black or white. We are all different shades of brown.
I hope you're not a paint and decorator.

CCTV
15th April 2021, 06:54 PM

Race and ethnicity in genetic terms refers to the frequency of clusters in a population.
It correlates well with the ancients view of 12 or so tribes of man. They used their eyes to see the differences and the genetic analysis back up that view.
These can be important factors in medical treatments, drug trials and predicted inheritance of conditions.

Out of interest do you find the terms white privilige or systemic racism very confusing left wing ideas ?

scientificred
15th April 2021, 07:07 PM
I hope you're not a paint and decorator.
I do my fair bit.
I am an artist.
From early days I was taught that black and white are not colours but tones.

scientificred
15th April 2021, 07:08 PM
Out of interest do you find the terms white privilige or systemic racism very confusing left wing ideas ?
No

CCTV
15th April 2021, 07:22 PM
No

If you dont see white, how can you comprehend white privilige ?

If you dont see race, how can you comprehend systemic racism ?

I'd argue systemic racism as presented by left wingers is largely a function of being unable to process and analyse data.
But I can understand the concept as i can perceive people have different racial and ethnic features.

ianlfc
15th April 2021, 08:18 PM
I do my fair bit.
I am an artist.
From early days I was taught that black and white are not colours but tones.

I'm only jesting mate. Sadly there's racism in every walk of life and some use it as a tool for hate. I guess we'll never get rid of it but hopefully you would think the vast majority of us are tolerant of everyones beliefs and colour.
Sadly I live in a country were the 2nd biggest political party members can't bring themselves to even say the name of our country !!

scientificred
15th April 2021, 08:19 PM
I never said that I do not see white.

CCTV
16th April 2021, 12:15 PM

I gathered you've seen the colour white as you said youd never saw a white or black person. I also assume you've seen the colour black.

CCTV
16th April 2021, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure what shade of brown Robbo, Corbyn or Bojo are tbh. What shade would you deem them to be given your artistic status.

scientificred
18th April 2021, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure what shade of brown Robbo, Corbyn or Bojo are tbh. What shade would you deem them to be given your artistic status.
You fail to read my posts.
I have never seen anyone who is black or white. Black and white are perfect opposites. Black absorbs every colour and does not reflect any. White reflects every colour and does not absorb any. You will not come across these ideals in life. The closest you will come to these is, for example, a wood surface painted with matt black or matt white paint.
The people you mention, or any others you may care to mention, are neither black or white but rather various shades of brown. I am not going to describe their particular colour as I have never met them and it would depend on the particular time of day and circumstances (for example after a recent spell of sunbathing or illness) and the lighting available.

justme
18th April 2021, 04:13 PM
To me its only a skin tone.. we are all different.. ie different shaped noses ears mouths. tall short fat thin. Skin colour is just another difference. Racism is prejudiced and the worse kind.. Along with homophobia and sexism.. In the 21st century we should see people for who they are not how they appear

redebreck
18th April 2021, 04:40 PM
To me its only a skin tone.. we are all different.. ie different shaped noses ears mouths. tall short fat thin. Skin colour is just another difference. Racism is prejudiced and the worse kind.. Along with homophobia and sexism.. In the 21st century we should see people for who they are not how they appear

Wait until you encounter ageism 🥴

justme
18th April 2021, 04:42 PM
Wait until you encounter ageism ��

My solution to ageism is not to get old.Im staying young forever.

Like the joke goes.. I don't mind dying... I just don't want to be there when it happens.

scientificred
18th April 2021, 04:53 PM
My solution to ageism is not to get old.Im staying young forever.

Like the joke goes.. I don't mind dying... I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Or that line from a WHO song...
Hope I die before I get old
Roger and Peter still playing that?

CCTV
18th April 2021, 06:53 PM
You fail to read my posts.
I have never seen anyone who is black or white. Black and white are perfect opposites. Black absorbs every colour and does not reflect any. White reflects every colour and does not absorb any. You will not come across these ideals in life. The closest you will come to these is, for example, a wood surface painted with matt black or matt white paint.
The people you mention, or any others you may care to mention, are neither black or white but rather various shades of brown. I am not going to describe their particular colour as I have never met them and it would depend on the particular time of day and circumstances (for example after a recent spell of sunbathing or illness) and the lighting available.

No, I most certainly read your posts. I did not comprehend your thoughts on the matter so i asked a few questions.
Like what shade of brown those 3 are etc, however it appears to me you wish to be misunderstood somewhat.

Black as you define it is an idealistic concept and scientists have endeavoured to find a black or that sort coming very close. Vantablack a pretty close creation.
However you and I still perceive it/black as a colour within a spectrum of colours. There are different tones of black too.

I think you are also conflating racial colour with actual colours, which I suspected after your ability to have no issue with white privilige whilst stating there are no white people.
It is true people, particularly of white people, due to the nature of their skin tone can gain or lose shades of colour. Getting sunburnt a good example, however the production of skin at its core is based in biology.
If I put a red car in a cave, it's not a black car because of the lighting or lack of lighting. It is still a red car, same way if its tone is altered by weathering under the sun it is still a red car. If left facing south the impact of the sun on its paint would disproportionately impact its front.
For me I could understand an artist describing the various pictures of bojo without make up on as being a blend of white (his racial colour), some jaundis yellow and a peach hue. But I struggle to comprehend the idea of Bojo the brown man.
Same way with Mane i understand him to be black (his racial colour), and shades of brown. However I would not describe mane as racially brown as hes an African.

I would have enjoyed learning about the many shades of brown, which encompass in your opinion bojo and mane for example.

CCTV
18th April 2021, 06:57 PM
Would I be right SR that when you say you understand white privilige as a concept, you yourself would see it as a case of lighter brown people and darker brown people ?

Isn't this tonal difference within the colour brown also a matter of blackening & whitening?

You have an interesting view, you're the first person I've ever encountered whose arguing that Bojo is a brown man. I'd just like to understand your view as it's not clear to me as of now. I'm kind of guessing at filling in the holes.

scientificred
18th April 2021, 07:38 PM
Would I be right SR that when you say you understand white privilige as a concept, you yourself would see it as a case of lighter brown people and darker brown people ?

Isn't this tonal difference within the colour brown also a matter of blackening & whitening?

You have an interesting view, you're the first person I've ever encountered whose arguing that Bojo is a brown man. I'd just like to understand your view as it's not clear to me as of now. I'm kind of guessing at filling in the holes.
You seem to miss the point completely
There are no black people, there are no white people.
It is not a matter of blackening or whitening. Regarding Bojo - the TV footage I have seen of him he appears to be of a light tan but I have never met him. Even If I did I would never see he was white, or black for that matter
You yourself have never seen a white or black man.
Regarding the red car in a cave without light.
Black is an ideal. You cannot achieve it. Similarly with white. The colour perceived in such circumstances depends on your eyes and your dictionary of colours and the lighting, however insignificant, provided.

CCTV
19th April 2021, 02:34 AM

You seem to miss the point completely
There are no black people, there are no white people.
It is not a matter of blackening or whitening. Regarding Bojo - the TV footage I have seen of him he appears to be of a light tan but I have never met him. Even If I did I would never see he was white, or black for that matter
You yourself have never seen a white or black man.
Regarding the red car in a cave without light.
Black is an ideal. You cannot achieve it. Similarly with white. The colour perceived in such circumstances depends on your eyes and your dictionary of colours and the lighting, however insignificant, provided.

No such thing as a white man, many would disagree.

You never said you didn't see white, implying you've seen white.

White is an ideal that can never been achieved.

I'm trying to follow you here SR, but you're saying I've never seen a white man, whilst suggesting you've seen something that you also say cannot exist.

It's a bit like the case of a circle, I've seen circles where a perfect circle cannot exist in nature. Same goes for a triangle etc

It seems you are using a definition that necessarily must not exist in reality relating to colours to eradicate black and white people.
Yet are willing to concede that colours are a matter of convention whereby we have numerous cases of people referring to black with things that actually exist.

It's probably not worth the effort but I find it curious and humorous. Bojo the brownman Johnson has white privilige !!

scientificred
21st April 2021, 04:05 PM
No such thing as a white man, many would disagree.

You never said you didn't see white, implying you've seen white.

White is an ideal that can never been achieved.

I'm trying to follow you here SR, but you're saying I've never seen a white man, whilst suggesting you've seen something that you also say cannot exist.

It's a bit like the case of a circle, I've seen circles where a perfect circle cannot exist in nature. Same goes for a triangle etc

It seems you are using a definition that necessarily must not exist in reality relating to colours to eradicate black and white people.
Yet are willing to concede that colours are a matter of convention whereby we have numerous cases of people referring to black with things that actually exist.

It's probably not worth the effort but I find it curious and humorous. Bojo the brownman Johnson has white privilige !!
Dear CCTV
Black and white are perfect ideals.
I have not claimed to have seen either.
Similarly Circles, triangles, squares etc. are perfect ideals - as per ancient Greek ponderances - as they can have no line thickness and in the case of triangles and squares etc. their corners are connected by perfect straight lines in a single plane which itself also has no depth.
You can refer to BoJo's colour as you wish.
I have no wish or need to describe his colour.
I made my post because I believe the use of black and white to describe the peoples of this Earth is divisive.

scientificred
31st May 2021, 04:35 PM
Wales are set to introduce black history as part of their national curriculum.
Well done Wales. It's a start!

CCTV
2nd June 2021, 01:04 AM
Wales are set to introduce black history as part of their national curriculum.
Well done Wales. It's a start!

You post there are no black people, just tans and now you post well done Wales for bringing in black history month, when you claim using black and white to describe people is divisive.

Or will they be saying the black and tans to make people feel less divided ?

scientificred
4th June 2021, 03:42 PM
You post there are no black people, just tans and now you post well done Wales for bringing in black history month, when you claim using black and white to describe people is divisive.

It's a start!

redebreck
7th June 2021, 11:24 PM

Black and Tans could be a bit divisive!

Nineteenx
8th June 2021, 12:08 AM
The battle isn't about black or white, gay or straight, sick or fit, rich or poor, male or female, the battle is to educate people to see all other people just as other people, or moreso to not make them view people as different in the first place, the problem of all of it is the society we have or rather or parents and grandparents have allowed to be created, our media are a massive issue with the incredible scale of their adverse CBT, in order to control and manipulate the masses, those with the power to, have always used a divide and conquer regime to accumulate their wealth power and position and maintain it, they have deliberately manufactured prejudices between different groups and blame culture towards certain groups to do that, until that changes, nothing will ever really change and the adverse CBT is so engrained and devastatingly effective, it is highly unlikely anything will ever cahnge

CCTV
9th June 2021, 04:06 PM
Black and Tans could be a bit divisive!

How about Tans & Whites ?

Maybe tan & tanner ?

CCTV
9th June 2021, 04:11 PM
The battle isn't about black or white, gay or straight, sick or fit, rich or poor, male or female, the battle is to educate people to see all other people just as other people, or moreso to not make them view people as different in the first place, the problem of all of it is the society we have or rather or parents and grandparents have allowed to be created, our media are a massive issue with the incredible scale of their adverse CBT, in order to control and manipulate the masses, those with the power to, have always used a divide and conquer regime to accumulate their wealth power and position and maintain it, they have deliberately manufactured prejudices between different groups and blame culture towards certain groups to do that, until that changes, nothing will ever really change and the adverse CBT is so engrained and devastatingly effective, it is highly unlikely anything will ever cahnge

Diversity is our strength but we must teach people to not see diversity.
A multiculturalism with no unique cultures, no tensions and clashes of ideals.

CCTV
9th June 2021, 04:12 PM
It's a start!

A start of what ?
What age groups ?
What syllabus ?
MLK or BLM lens ? Neither ?

CCTV
9th June 2021, 04:18 PM
So boris is just like you 19, trump too, the israeli government after your epic rant a while back.

Greedy, lecherous, racist, nazis... just like you ?

scientificred
9th July 2021, 03:38 PM
If you mean in a political sense. No.

As a piece of art detached from its political meaning I dont have any major thoughts on it as a piece of art. I'm not much of an art critic and it's not a piece that seems overly impressive.

If I can draw it, or spray paint a shite blue, I tend to not value its artistic merit.
There are some logos I cant draw but I dont find logos to be particularly artistic.

The question was regarding the use of a swastika.
My question remains as in a historical sense. Is it ok? It is still quite recent history since some madman wanted to control this Earth

ianlfc
9th July 2021, 03:43 PM
Bloody hell, what's the world coming to when you can't have a bit of light harted casual racism between friends 🤣🤣

scientificred
9th July 2021, 04:19 PM
Bloody hell, what's the world coming to when you can't have a bit of light harted casual racism between friends 🤣🤣
I wish it was always thus Ian but is it!
This is the place for such debates.
Such posts on the football forum manytimes override the football forum debate with many decent posts on the racism subject getting lost in the mists of time.
Here the arguments from all parties is more coherent.
State your piece on racism!

TheDOC1979
9th July 2021, 06:09 PM
The good old saying “ I’m not racist, I have friends that are foreign” still baffles me or, the “I’m not racist, but”

I don’t mind lighthearted racism towards myself. It’s never bothered me between friends. Depends on how you look at it. Other “foreign not white friends” are allowed to jokingly be racist towards you, but when the solitary white one is, it’s with actual racist intent.

On Twitter recently, a guy clearly of Asian origin, was talking about the cheating English in the semi finals, the English guy responded with “ just stick to enjoying cricket” anyone consider that as racist? He pleaded innocence saying “I’m not being racist, I just looked at his profile and he likes cricket” It’s those types where they want to be subtly racist and get away with it on a technicality. The openly racist? Respect them, they don’t hide their shithousery

scientificred
9th July 2021, 07:14 PM
The good old saying “ I’m not racist, I have friends that are foreign” still baffles me or, the “I’m not racist, but”

I don’t mind lighthearted racism towards myself. It’s never bothered me between friends. Depends on how you look at it. Other “foreign not white friends” are allowed to jokingly be racist towards you, but when the solitary white one is, it’s with actual racist intent.

On Twitter recently, a guy clearly of Asian origin, was talking about the cheating English in the semi finals, the English guy responded with “ just stick to enjoying cricket” anyone consider that as racist? He pleaded innocence saying “I’m not being racist, I just looked at his profile and he likes cricket” It’s those types where they want to be subtly racist and get away with it on a technicality. The openly racist? Respect them, they don’t hide their shithousery

Good to see you posting your thoughts TheDoc1979.
That was the intention of my thread. It is a complicated issue. I never regarded myself as racist until someone I hardly knew in a pub I used to go to branded me as the most racist person he had ever met.
When I asked him (several times) what his view of me was based on he could never answer.
Finally one day when we were outside alone I asked him quite politely again, he went inside and out came the barstaff and his mates and I left and never weny back there.
What was that all about?

TheDOC1979
9th July 2021, 11:01 PM
Good to see you posting your thoughts TheDoc1979.
That was the intention of my thread. It is a complicated issue. I never regarded myself as racist until someone I hardly knew in a pub I used to go to branded me as the most racist person he had ever met.
When I asked him (several times) what his view of me was based on he could never answer.
Finally one day when we were outside alone I asked him quite politely again, he went inside and out came the barstaff and his mates and I left and never weny back there.
What was that all about?

He probably liked you and wanted to show all his mates he pulled? :very_drunk:

Do you not remember any specifics ?

scientificred
9th July 2021, 11:45 PM
He probably liked you and wanted to show all his mates he pulled? :very_drunk:

Do you not remember any specifics ?
The only specifics I recall is a guy I knew turned up and stood beside me briefly then looked at the opposition and changed sides. Perhaps because he had been mates with them far longer than with me.
The landlord was there and said come back tomorrow and everything will be ok.
I never went back.
Full of bullshit - the whole bunch.
In retrospect I wish I had called that guy who called me the most racist person he had ever met the most idiotic person I had ever met.
Fair of skin, overweight mid 20s with pony tail, always with contrasting black clothes,
Always listening to old rock music which he found exciting but which I found no longer exciting and regarded himself as an intellectual.

CCTV
11th July 2021, 01:25 PM
The question was regarding the use of a swastika.
My question remains as in a historical sense. Is it ok? It is still quite recent history since some madman wanted to control this Earth

I personally would only use it as a form of parody, mockery or provoking thought.
For example the new pride flag, using 4 of these you can create a swastika in a different colour scheme.
Or if people wanted to use some of the logos of leading corporations to create a swastika that would be another form.
Of course people could use other symbols/colour schemes/flag motifs to generate their own though provoking artistic pieces.

I wouldn't use it as a serious piece of a movement. But then I wouldn't use the communist fist as BLM do either.
Nor would I be on the bbc defending Mao for example as Abbott has done. Mao to paraphrase if half the world died for utopia it would be a price worth paying.
I wouldnt open up a Mao restaurant, though I did enjoy some fine dining there in Dublin with the son of a Chinese billionaire who himself pointed out the irony of such an enterprise.

As per the BLM and race Marxism, the holocaust is indeed rather recent. The idea that punching up from a little lower down using many of the same grievances is a little sad imo.

CCTV
11th July 2021, 01:33 PM

Maybe I dont talk to any other races might be more compelling as all these racists seem to have other race friends ? :D

Can you explain how the stick to cricket reply was actually racist ? I've no idea what you are on about.
If the person did indeed have a cricket bit in their bio or whatever it's called, then I think youd have to give that person the benefit of the doubt.

Personally I saw the term anglophobia being thrown about after the semifinal penalty winner.
For me this is merely a new age blasphemy, whereby having removed blasphemy from the statutes theres the new age blasphemy laws to contend with now.

For me the right to free expression trumps the right to gag and bound others. Seen too many cases of the police being involved with Twitter spats, people sharing posts even or training their dog to do the nazi salute.
If I were boko I would cut all police funding for such ventures and repeal the hate speech laws brought in under blair.
If people find Twitter too toxic to handle, they can leave it much as if they find porn sites too violent, the state is not obliged to protect you from your own online virtual behaviours.

teesred
11th July 2021, 04:28 PM
I personally wouldnt say the stick to cricket thing is racist. Its like saying stick to baseball to an American. Is that racist? It's not to do with skin colour but could be classed as cultural. A sport related snipe - not racist for me?
I can see where the remark could draw that conclusion though.

LFC-DPG
11th July 2021, 04:40 PM

I would have him arrested for that

Anyone can take anything the way it suits them. Takes fuck all for people to be outraged these days

My home town has large Asian areas that you used to have to walk through to get to the park / swimming baths and I used to get called all sorts - white bastard, milk bottle, milky bar kid, honkey etc but back then (90’s) I just brushed it off but not sure how I’d react If the same happened this day and age. Id probably turn into a snowflake and melt away.

TheDOC1979
12th July 2021, 11:06 PM
Maybe I dont talk to any other races might be more compelling as all these racists seem to have other race friends ? :D

Can you explain how the stick to cricket reply was actually racist ? I've no idea what you are on about.
If the person did indeed have a cricket bit in their bio or whatever it's called, then I think youd have to give that person the benefit of the doubt.

Personally I saw the term anglophobia being thrown about after the semifinal penalty winner.
For me this is merely a new age blasphemy, whereby having removed blasphemy from the statutes theres the new age blasphemy laws to contend with now.

For me the right to free expression trumps the right to gag and bound others. Seen too many cases of the police being involved with Twitter spats, people sharing posts even or training their dog to do the nazi salute.
If I were boko I would cut all police funding for such ventures and repeal the hate speech laws brought in under blair.
If people find Twitter too toxic to handle, they can leave it much as if they find porn sites too violent, the state is not obliged to protect you from your own online virtual behaviours.

I personally wouldnt say the stick to cricket thing is racist. Its like saying stick to baseball to an American. Is that racist? It's not to do with skin colour but could be classed as cultural. A sport related snipe - not racist for me?
I can see where the remark could draw that conclusion though.

I didn’t class it as being racist initially to be honest. A debate went on, and yes his profile suggested he liked cricket, but also supported Villa. Because the lads surname was Afridi, doesnt mean he should stick to cricket. I get what you mean about Americans as they don’t have football, its soccer there. I would have laughed it off personally and I’m not from a country that even plays the sport. (Ireland a Side but they are dud) It’s just that when you’re an ethnic minority in this country in particular, you have probably experienced subtle racism on a higher scale and will read into things a bit more.

Free expression? That’s very broad. Do you also take into consideration free speech in regards to sexuality and gender identity? Or is that a no no and talking about race and religion in a discriminatory way is you practising your freedom?

ianlfc
13th July 2021, 10:25 PM
A comedian called Andrew Lawrence (never heard of him) has been banned from twitter and dropped from gigs for saying , "All I'm saying is,the white guys scored "
He's a bloody comedian !!

TheDOC1979
13th July 2021, 10:36 PM
A comedian called Andrew Lawrence (never heard of him) has been banned from twitter and dropped from gigs for saying , "All I'm saying is,the white guys scored "

Has he actually?

Twitter is a bit of a joke if you ask me. Banned someone for calling someone a she when they wanted to be called “they” banned me for 6 days for calling Mark Rufallo a pansy for retracting his statement about the Palestinian conflict.

ianlfc
13th July 2021, 10:56 PM
Has he actually?

Twitter is a bit of a joke if you ask me. Banned someone for calling someone a she when they wanted to be called “they” banned me for 6 days for calling Mark Rufallo a pansy for retracting his statement about the Palestinian conflict.

Apparently so.
I'm always sceptical about these racist tweets to footballers and who's sending them. Maybe it's because we're I'm from .
Also,
It still amazes me they have a monkey emoji on keyboards. Don't make it easy for the dickheads.

CCTV
14th July 2021, 09:28 AM
I didn’t class it as being racist initially to be honest. A debate went on, and yes his profile suggested he liked cricket, but also supported Villa. Because the lads surname was Afridi, doesnt mean he should stick to cricket. I get what you mean about Americans as they don’t have football, its soccer there. I would have laughed it off personally and I’m not from a country that even plays the sport. (Ireland a Side but they are dud) It’s just that when you’re an ethnic minority in this country in particular, you have probably experienced subtle racism on a higher scale and will read into things a bit more.

Free expression? That’s very broad. Do you also take into consideration free speech in regards to sexuality and gender identity? Or is that a no no and talking about race and religion in a discriminatory way is you practising your freedom?

Steveo did the same with me about hurling iirc :(

I'm not definite about your stance, but I'd imagine there are people who are looking for that "educated" teacher to lose their job over social media postings.
Why do such people think he should lose his job, when footballers dont lose theirs? Sterling cheerlead the battered in the streets chant about an attack on an ethnic minority in the UK, but he still has a place in society, man city team still have their jobs and he still represents the nation. Is it because he has the profile and adulation to get away with such transgressions.
I wouldnt like to see anyone lose their job over such matters.

How do you talk about anything without discriminating ?
I think you have to be able to express yourself freely, few on here seem to have a problem declaring their feelings on matters and I think its best that people can say what they like, especially online.

In terms of sexuality and gender identity, why should it be any different ?
Do you what to ball and gag folks ?

The age of consent, abortion legality or morality, laws around age of consent for sex or gender therapy (like is it ok to decide your 3 year old told you to reassign their gender?), sex workers rights versus turn off the red light, support you sex workers or not, is it transphobic for a woman to complain about a man's penis and balls being exposed in woman only spaces, are woman only spaces permitted, are man spaces permitted, should there be female/male/mixed spaces, can you change your sex/gender identity, does it have to be static, fluid or exclusionary, can you change your race/ethnic identity, does it have to be static, fluid or exclusionary, can you identify as a pixie, unicorn, furry, fairy/pixie. Do you have opinions on abstinence, sex before marriage, spreading STDs, doing it knowingly but without informing a potential infectee, who owns your sex tape, revenge porn, must you enjoy or endorse all sex acts, are public spaces sex spaces, does gay kink have a place in public pride parades, are parents allowed to introduce their kids to fetish or sexual behaviours when their kids are too young to consent, what age should minors have access to internet, should libraries be hosting sexualised content, does the library have equal opportunity for others to express themselves and share their values, should a library be prosecuted for enabling kiddie fiddling, what age should schools be introducing sexual topics, must schools teach the same syllabus, must places or worship host LGBTQ folks, must LGBTQ folks host religious views.
There are a host of topics and discussions and whilst you might have no opinions, or can express them in a masterly way, I think you will find it impossible to please everyone and not offend someone.

So are there any topics or utterances so far that you think should be a criminal offense ?
Are there any other issues you had in mind in this area ?

CCTV
14th July 2021, 09:38 AM

Hes a ginger comedian.

Comedy and mockery are the enemy of authority.

CCTV
14th July 2021, 09:39 AM
Has he actually?

Lad I know was banned for calling a friend of his a donkey :D

ianlfc
14th July 2021, 10:36 AM
The chief of Irish basketball has been sacked for posting Black dives matter in regards of Reheem Sterling in the semi final.
Typical Irish,they're all the same!!

scientificred
14th July 2021, 11:00 AM
I got banned from Facebook for using a nickname rather than my real name.
I just wanted to avoid posts from people I do not want to hear from.
I hardly ever posted and certainly nothing in the least bit controversial.
Just wanted my close friends to be able to send me pictures etc.
No explanation from Facebook really apart from accusing me of impersonating someone else.
They acted really quickly!
I moved to whatapp!
Owned by Facebook!
No problems!

justme
14th July 2021, 12:26 PM
There use to be a time when jokes were allowed and they were seen as jokes. now everything gets nit picked.. Everything is ultra sensitive. You should be able to joke about anything win in reason. doesn't make you a "racist".Only people suggesting its inappropriate, are people who have told jokes themselves in the past that are considered a no go area.
yet they take the moral high ground.They are huge hypocrites.
Most people accept others has human beings with rights like everyone else..The magnifying glass approach right now is not achieving anything.You will never stop far right openly racist bigots. Its being labelled in the same bracket when you are seen has doing something against the norm that's what's destroying everything.

I don''t know anyone that is racist and anti someone's skin colour. I can say thats true for most people family and friends.
And i understand the kneeling in solidarity before games.I just think it should end now and we should focus on getting the racists arrested and dealt with by the law. Go after the real culprits

scientificred
14th July 2021, 12:41 PM
There use to be a time when jokes were allowed and they were seen as jokes. now everything gets nit picked.. Everything is ultra sensitive. You should be able to joke about anything win in reason. doesn't make you a "racist".Only people suggesting its inappropriate, are people who have told jokes themselves in the past that are considered a no go area.
yet they take the moral high ground.They are huge hypocrites.
Most people accept others has human beings with rights like everyone else..The magnifying glass approach right now is not achieving anything.You will never stop far right openly racist bigots. Its being labelled in the same bracket when you are seen has doing something against the norm that's what's destroying everything.

I don''t know anyone that is racist and anti someone's skin colour. I can say thats true for most people family and friends.
And i understand the kneeling in solidarity before games.I just think it should end now and we should focus on getting the racists arrested and dealt with by the law. Go after the real culprits
Disagree Justme.
England is full of closet racists with their tongues tied owing to EU employment rules.
Expect more to come out of the closet post Brexit
regarding jokes..
Some people have big chins but for others there is no way of knowing what effect that has on their personality.
People may think they should laugh it off.
Maybe those people think they laugh it off and they are 'a good old boy with a sense of humour'
No-one really knows what that person takes home
I have worked many places where there is always a class A bigot as per Alf Garnett.
They all say ' yes he's racist but at least he admits it'
The anti-racist people find him funny on that basis.
Does that make it ok?
Does that make them ok?

justme
14th July 2021, 12:47 PM
This is what is wrong with the world^^ the UK is least racist country on earth. But that doesnt seem to matter..when facts are involved. anyway moving on

scientificred
14th July 2021, 12:56 PM
This is what is wrong with the world^^ the UK is least racist country on earth. But that doesnt seem to matter..when facts are involved. anyway moving onWhat facts?
Not moving on Justme!
You are like BJ.
Have you never met that sub-culture that persists behind the scenes in the UK?
Today BJ will denounce racism in the UK.
Do you admire his stand?
Are you aware of his ridiculous comments in what he apparently wants to commit to his past?

ianlfc
14th July 2021, 01:48 PM
Personally I think players standing shoulder to shoulder linking arms would be more unique and powerful than anything linked with the BLM movement.

scientificred
14th July 2021, 02:00 PM
Personally I think players standing shoulder to shoulder linking arms would be more unique and powerful than anything linked with the BLM movement.

Are you aware of the 'dormant' English sub- culture that persists in english culture?

justme
14th July 2021, 04:43 PM
What facts?
Not moving on Justme!
You are like BJ.
Do you admire his stand?
Are you aware of his ridiculous comments in what he apparently wants to commit to his past?
yeah i like Doris"". The Canadian Prime minister blackend his face several times. Hes not considered a racist in this day and age. he gets over looked because hes part of the chosen people who arent classed racist.

Again. there are FAR worse racist countries on earth, The eastern block. the middle east African nations. China is the worse nation on earth when it comes to racism against black people. and so on.
You will always get bigots. But when it comes to the UK. there are a tiny minority.. if you wanna disagree so be it

justme
14th July 2021, 04:44 PM
Are you aware of the 'dormant' English sub- culture that persists in english culture?

I find that to be racist "English culture" <-- wait your one of the permitted few because your in the right

scientificred
14th July 2021, 04:53 PM
yeah i like Doris"". The Canadian Prime minister blackend his face several times. Hes not considered a racist in this day and age. he gets over looked because hes part of the chosen people who arent classed racist.

Again. there are FAR worse racist countries on earth, The eastern block. the middle east African nations. China is the worse nation on earth when it comes to racism against black people. and so on.
You will always get bigots. But when it comes to the UK. there are a tiny minority.. if you wanna disagree so be it

Cannot comment properly on those countries you mention.
I do not agree that they are a tiny minority in the uk. They just remain publicly silent mostly, whilst there racism incubates.
Anyone who voted for BJ would tend towards that view IMHO.

justme
14th July 2021, 04:56 PM
So everyone should have voted for the marxist labour party whos leader was Corbyn a man that allows anti semetic in his party? (i dont vote by the way)

justme
14th July 2021, 05:06 PM
Something the media doesnt tell you. out of the 105 accounts of vile racists used. only 5 of the accounts emanated from people inside the UK.
I am not DEFENDING racism. The UK has a far few of them.. But its not has wide spread has spread has its made out.

scientificred
14th July 2021, 05:28 PM
Something the media doesnt tell you. out of the 105 accounts of vile racists used. only 5 of the accounts emanated from people inside the UK.
I am not DEFENDING racism. The UK has a far few of them.. But its not has wide spread has spread has its made out.

Dear Justme,
I do not vote labour and do not vote conservative and do not vote lib dem but still perhaps foolishly I believe in the UK democracy.
I like this forum, I appreciate your inputs here and on the football forum and take your views on board.
But you have a different view of racism from where I live and have worked.
It is just dormant and waiting for a little push to gather more momentum. Back to the 80s!
It is time now for BoJo to retract publicly his past thoughts, and apologise if he ever wants to be revered as a serious person, and move us forward as a truly multi-cultural post empire nation.
I doubt he will but here is hoping!

CCTV
14th July 2021, 07:04 PM

Spot on, same in the states republican hounded into resignation for blackface, Democrat not hounded or resigned over it.

Daffydd
14th July 2021, 07:09 PM
It's a bit ironic for an Englishman to be seen as racially abusing an Asian by telling him to stick to the quintessentially English sport of cricket.

scientificred
14th July 2021, 07:32 PM
Spot on, same in the states republican hounded into resignation for blackface, Democrat not hounded or resigned over it.
Where do you live CCTV.
I cannot truly comment on other nations but England needs to get its house in order.
It is smouldering. Still living and fuelled by its history. A once great island race wanting to be that again with everything that goes with it and scant recognition for the building blocks.

CCTV
14th July 2021, 07:37 PM
Disagree Justme.
England is full of closet racists with their tongues tied owing to EU employment rules.
Expect more to come out of the closet post Brexit
regarding jokes..
Some people have big chins but for others there is no way of knowing what effect that has on their personality.
People may think they should laugh it off.
Maybe those people think they laugh it off and they are 'a good old boy with a sense of humour'
No-one really knows what that person takes home
I have worked many places where there is always a class A bigot as per Alf Garnett.
They all say ' yes he's racist but at least he admits it'
The anti-racist people find him funny on that basis.
Does that make it ok?
Does that make them ok?

What facts?
Not moving on Justme!
You are like BJ.
Do you admire his stand?

You remind me of those youtube videos where someone is asked to comment on trump quotes but given dem quotes.
They pontificate on the matter and his heinous words, then are embarrassed to find out its hillary/obama/Joe poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids. Then they typically try to deny their reaction and embody dissonance.
(There are more poor white kids than any other race in America)

What percentage of labour voters voted to leave the eu ?
You do realise Corbyn (the not far right winger) has been over here talking about rejecting the eu empire. Corbyn is a brexiteer.

Here's bernie Sanders talking about the need for borders, open borders being a right wing conspiracy with the koch brothers (Soros a prominent left winger to name one), how it impacts wages and makes everyone in America poorer, suppressing wages and in particular job opportunities for the younger and also the working class.
But for immigration Britains youth would be looking at higher wages and cheaper houses, what they have is lower wages relatively and more likely to be living at home due to the cost of housing and not reproducing grandkids for their parents.

I'm pretty sure Bernie Sanders isnt a right wing capitalist either. I'm not sure how you dont think these same issues resonate with left wingers and why they must be far right.

https://labourheartlands.com/bernie-sanders-open-borders-thats-a-right-wing-proposal-right-wing-people-would-love-open-borders/

To be honest, far right (ooohhhh 👻👻👻👻) is probably a hindrance to left wing activism and their champagne socialist celebrity millionaires who preach to the lower class masses.
It's funny watching people trying to codify trump as their nazi, because he wanted strong borders like Hitler, because he wanted American soldiers to not be overseas like hitler, because he reverted the Biden crime bill, because under his tenure lowest paid workers started to buck the trend of ever widening income gaps. Entered North Korea and brought a few peace deals to the table. Because the media leaked photos they had from the Obama admin of kids in cages.

What we know about mass migration is that it diversity increases, social and civic life declines.
Migrants nearly always outperform their own race/ethnicity who were born in the host nation.
Bame votes, coming from poorer nations as is typical with migration, overwhelmingly leading to labour votes.
You have dumb cunts on the left and in print media who talk about using bame demographics and importing of even more voters to win election, so the brains trust of the labour benches can deliver a utopian Britain. They just need a hand in winning elections... all the answers just couldnt win an election

Now if I have an indigenous population that is historically divided on politics and one side is just so caring and charitable and all about fairness to the extent that they are going to crush their domestic rival for evermore with the importation of the worlds needy..
Do you wonder why this might threaten your domestic opponent, who might perceive the foreigners as a threat to their hitherto existence, maybe even like mercenaries or foreign actors interfering in a civil war.

CCTV
14th July 2021, 07:41 PM
Where do you live CCTV.
I cannot truly comment on other nations but England needs to get its house in order.
It is smouldering. Still living and fuelled by its history. A once great island race wanting to be that again with everything that goes with it and scant recognition for the building blocks.

I live in my home. What are you building blocks ?

scientificred
14th July 2021, 07:57 PM
I live in my home. What are you building blocks ?
Typical evasive reply CCTV
You are never going to nail your colours to any mast.
Great Britain and it's empire was built on a very organised and offensive strategy to conquer and subdue many countries of this world. If it was not for WWII they may have still persisted to this day.
There is always a price to pay for an empire.
History tells it so.
Only in recent times is it coming home to roost.
Much of the building blocks was slave labour.
Do you deny this?

CCTV
14th July 2021, 08:26 PM
Typical evasive reply CCTV
You are never going to nail your colours to any mast.
Great Britain and it's empire was built on a very organised and offensive strategy to conquer and subdue many countries of this world. If it was not for WWII they may have still persisted to this day.
There is always a price to pay for an empire.
History tells it so.
Only in recent times is it coming home to roost.
Much of the building blocks was slave labour.
Do you deny this?

I live in Ireland, born and from here. I'm not giving you my address though.

Can you give an example of another evasive reply ?

scientificred
14th July 2021, 08:44 PM
I live in Ireland, born and from here. I'm not giving you my address though.

Can you give an example of another evasive reply ?
You quite often do not reply but rather pose a further question. When I have replied you pose a further question.
It is a bit reminiscent of Dougal from Father Ted.
I started this thread with the hope that people could freely express their perhaps very different views and perhaps learn from them.
I do not think I have learned anything from you whereas you have learned a lot of my and others viewpoints

CCTV
14th July 2021, 08:45 PM
I would say the British, or English empire was likely a reaction to viking invasions.
Having been ransacked and pillage by the nordics, the British developed a strong ethnonationalist identity. As have every tribe of man throughout history.

This led overtime in the conquest of large swathes of territory, using many of the systems that have been prominent throughout human history.

They did indeed play a part in the slave trade and in the end played a large role in the abolition of slavery. Same way the blacks had their share of responsibility in the slave trade.
Slavery still occurs around the world. I'm no expert on the colonies, but it would appear to me that former British colonies are better off than colonies of other peoples.

The legacy of the British and the general scientific revolution however has led to an undeniable human flourishing.

Do you think I am owed money on the basis of my ethnicity ?
Do you think the Irish should get more than the everyone else bar the native Americans?

CCTV
14th July 2021, 08:59 PM
You quite often do not reply but rather pose a further question. When I have replied you pose a further question.
It is a bit reminiscent of Dougal from Father Ted.
I started this thread with the hope that people could freely express their perhaps very different views and perhaps learn from them.
I do not think I have learned anything from you whereas you have learned a lot of my and others viewpoints

Interesting, what questions have you felt I evaded answering.
If you post them again, I'll do my best to reply.

I found this thread to be a bizarre take from you trying to argue there are no black and white people, then heralding the introduction of black history in Welsh schools iirc.
A history of peoples who you spent a lot of time trying to say did not exist.

Otherwise most of your statements seem to revolve around an obsession with the far right and bojo, which support your sense of self and superior status.

I wonder what do you make of Sanders views, are these opinions fuelling the far right ?
Do you consider labour leave voters to be far right ?

scientificred
14th July 2021, 09:25 PM
I would say the British, or English empire was likely a reaction to viking invasions.
Having been ransacked and pillage by the nordics, the British developed a strong ethnonationalist identity. As have every tribe of man throughout history.

This led overtime in the conquest of large swathes of territory, using many of the systems that have been prominent throughout human history.

They did indeed play a part in the slave trade and in the end played a large role in the abolition of slavery. Same way the blacks had their share of responsibility in the slave trade.
Slavery still occurs around the world. I'm no expert on the colonies, but it would appear to me that former British colonies are better off than colonies of other peoples.

The legacy of the British and the general scientific revolution however has led to an undeniable human flourishing.

Do you think I am owed money on the basis of my ethnicity ?
Do you think the Irish should get more than the everyone else bar the native Americans?
The Normans came after the Vikings.
The Normans did not approve of slavery but rather a master/servant policy.
The French aristocracy persisted for centuries after
The finer parts of their language still persist today if you want to add a little polish e.g. touché.
Because England played a major part in the abolition of slavery does not excuse them from their involvement
It is not so easy to rewrite history these days.
Too many scholars since probably Norman times
War was a way or fact of life for many countries until the last 30 years. Still so unfortunately for quite a few.
Sometimes aided by British science
You may say the American civil war ended slavery but it still persisted for a further 100 years if not still to this day.
There are still slaves in England.
I would like the former British colony called the USA to be returned to its native inhabitants but unfortunaty they pretty much wiped them all out and their way of life too, which incidentally was a way of living without destroying the planet.
Similarly Australia and NZ.
Now we are attempting to reopen trade deals with such countries whilst simultaneously appearing to commit to reduce greenhouse gases etc.

Other former British Colonies?
Singapore? Flourished because they did not let England back after WWII. We failed to protect them.

Ireland history you should know far better than me.
The 'united' in the UK was brought about by brute force IMHO and remains quite fragile.
Are you owed money?
Perhaps but you need to present a case like all others - good luck with that.
30 years seems to be enough time for this present government to forget whatever happened.

CCTV
14th July 2021, 09:48 PM
The Normans came after the Vikings.
The Normans did not approve of slavery but rather a master/servant policy.
The French aristocracy persisted for centuries after
The finer parts of their language still persist today if you want to add a little polish e.g. touché.
Because England played a major part in the abolition of slavery does not excuse them from their involvement
It is not so easy to rewrite history these days.
Too many scholars since probably Norman times
War was a way or fact of life for many countries until the last 30 years. Still so unfortunately for quite a few.
Sometimes aided by British science
You may say the American civil war ended slavery but it still persisted for a further 100 years if not still to this day.
There are still slaves in England.
I would like the former British colony called the USA to be returned to its native inhabitants but unfortunaty they pretty much wiped them all out and their way of life too, which incidentally was a way of living without destroying the planet.
Similarly Australia and NZ.
Now we are attempting to reopen trade deals with such countries whilst simultaneously appearing to commit to reduce greenhouse gases etc.

Other former British Colonies?
Singapore? Flourished because they did not let England back after WWII. We failed to protect them.

Ireland history you should know far better than me.
The 'united' in the UK was brought about by brute force IMHO and remains quite fragile.
Are you owed money?
Perhaps but you need to present a case like all others - good luck with that.
30 years seems to be enough time for this present government to forget whatever happened.

The Native Americans were mostly wiped out by new diseases and not having immunity.
Disease and the division they sow within a society are 2 evolutionary reasons for why foreigners are distrusted. Its evolutionarily adaptive to have strong positive and negative ethnonationalist traits.
Same way under more natural circumstances people settle into areas within their own tribes/races etc.

Thomas sowell has an interesting hypothesis, a nature of paradox, whereby the all men are created equal line fuelled the racism and fuelled the abolition of slavery.
Whereas in other places without that line, there was no idea present that stated they were equal, and no idea they should be freed.

If nearly every culture had slaves and ending slavery in the modern world is synonymous with one tribe, surely they deserve every bit of credit for ending slavery.

I've posted quite a bit elsewhere about global warming. Not overly concerned about it tbh for numerous reasons, the actual projections, where/when the impacts occur, means of carbon capture like allen savoury ted talk or other systems, at present we are set for about 0.5 degrees Celsius of warming by 2100 and I suspect we'll reduce that significantly.

The benefits of advancement in terms of reduced infant mortality, disease, literacy, education, technology are far greater.

justme
14th July 2021, 09:54 PM
I come from a multicultural city ie Bradford. if you read through the old messages on here I know full well black people suffer racism ie footballers and so on.. And its sickening. All im arguing for is that its not wide spread among English people to. I just dont think the UK is ultra racist..
My original start of this current debate is people making jokes and the being cancelled for it. Its gotten to the point everything is classed as racism. even though there is zero intent . The"comedian" who told the joke recently..Knew by saying the joke he would be fired/cancelled and degraded.And it turned out that way..

scientificred
14th July 2021, 10:08 PM
I come from a multicultural city ie Bradford. if you read through the old messages on here I know full well black people suffer racism ie footballers and so on.. And its sickening. All im arguing for is that its not wide spread among English people to. I just dont think the UK is ultra racist..
My original start of this current debate is people making jokes and the being cancelled for it. Its gotten to the point everything is classed as racism. even though there is zero intent . The"comedian" who told the joke recently..Knew by saying the joke he would be fired/cancelled and degraded.And it turned out that way..
I have never liked stand up comedians. Their fall back seemed to be always lots of swearing and racial stereotypes backed up with bullying of those who did not find them funny.
What I found about them more disturbing was that it was not 'stand up' and truly improvised comedy but rather well rehearsed and sometimes in front of a mirror, at home and alone. Saddoes!
If that is your biscuit then you are welcome to it of course.

justme
14th July 2021, 10:12 PM
I have never liked stand up comedians. Their fall back seemed to be always lots of swearing and racial stereotypes backed up with bullying of those who did not find them funny.
What I found about them more disturbing was that it was not 'stand up' and truly improvised comedy but rather well rehearsed and sometimes in front of a mirror, at home and alone. Saddoes!

I dont watch stand up comedy either. But the comedy i do watch wouldnt be allowed anymore. basically comedy is NOT allowed.
Comedy attacks one person or another. Like mother in laws.. I have a joke that goes like this.. I took the mother in law out last week.. Damn I love being a sniper..

What i cant stand is people that look for faults that arent there. to make themselves feel superior. when in reality they have their own dislike of some people and so on.

ianlfc
14th July 2021, 10:24 PM
I dont watch stand up comedy either. But the comedy i do watch wouldnt be allowed anymore. basically comedy is NOT allowed.
Comedy attacks one person or another. Like mother in laws.. I have a joke that goes like this.. I took the mother in law out last week.. Damn I love being a sniper..

What i cant stand is people that look for faults that arent there. to make themselves feel superior. when in reality they have their own dislike of some people and so on.

What do you call 50 white men chasing a black man ? The US PGA.
Funny or racist ?

scientificred
14th July 2021, 10:28 PM
The Native Americans were mostly wiped out by new diseases and not having immunity.
Disease and the division they sow within a society are 2 evolutionary reasons for why foreigners are distrusted. Its evolutionarily adaptive to have strong positive and negative ethnonationalist traits.
Same way under more natural circumstances people settle into areas within their own tribes/races etc.

Thomas sowell has an interesting hypothesis, a nature of paradox, whereby the all men are created equal line fuelled the racism and fuelled the abolition of slavery.
Whereas in other places without that line, there was no idea present that stated they were equal, and no idea they should be freed.

If nearly every culture had slaves and ending slavery in the modern world is synonymous with one tribe, surely they deserve every bit of credit for ending slavery.

I've posted quite a bit elsewhere about global warming. Not overly concerned about it tbh for numerous reasons, the actual projections, where/when the impacts occur, means of carbon capture like allen savoury ted talk or other systems, at present we are set for about 0.5 degrees Celsius of warming by 2100 and I suspect we'll reduce that significantly.

The benefits of advancement in terms of reduced infant mortality, disease, literacy, education, technology are far greater.
You have some curious history books CCTV.
You perhaps deny this genocide ?
Your version of events is a story often given for the demise of South American tribes.
Have you ever heard of 'Bury my heart at wounded knee'?
Have you ever heard of Buffalo Bill?
Have you ever seen that iconic picture of
him atop 100s of dead buffalo?
What was that all about?
Perhaps after massacring whole swathes of red Indians the US government was offering huge bounties to anyone who slaughtered those beasts per heàd to avoid any resurgence of that red Indian species as they had realised that the buffalo was their 'Raison d'etre'(sorry but do not have the correct e accent on my keyboard).

ianlfc
14th July 2021, 10:36 PM

There will always be a dormant sub culture in every walk of life. At least it's better dormant than active . Sadly we'll never get rid of extremists but who are in the minority.

justme
14th July 2021, 10:37 PM
Funny or racist ?
Ooops misread.. I think its a joke..

scientificred
14th July 2021, 10:39 PM
Funny or racist ?
Funny? No
Racist? Yes

ianlfc
14th July 2021, 10:40 PM
Ooops misread.. I think its a joke..

I should've said it was a joke in a Hollywood film 20 years ago.

scientificred
14th July 2021, 10:46 PM
I should've said it was a joke in a Hollywood film 20 years ago.
Reminiscent of a Bob Monkhouse joke whereby the audience never really understood it but he left them with jaws agape for a few seconds before having to explain it.
Oh Tiger Woods!
Hilarious?
I think not!

ianlfc
14th July 2021, 10:47 PM
Funny? No
Racist? Yes
I take it you don't find blazing saddles funny then. Saying that I would find it hard to know what you would find funny. Maybe the Last leg on channel 4 maybe ?

justme
14th July 2021, 10:48 PM
If i was boring shit i would go back through every comment Scentificred ever made online and see if he mention something that would be considered racist/homophobic/sexist and cancel him for all eternity.
there is comments and then theres RACISM. the both get placed together these days.

justme
14th July 2021, 10:54 PM
I'm leaving this conversation by saying. I find racism deplorable. The people that attack black footballers over missed penalties are sick and hopefully they can be found and detected an dealt with. thats all we can do has a society is deal with people who are like this. But you can't stop it all. you will always get people who are incapable of learning and understanding.

ianlfc
14th July 2021, 11:00 PM
I'm leaving this conversation by saying. I find racism deplorable. The people that attack black footballers over missed penalties are sick and hopefully they can be found and detected an dealt with. thats all we can do has a society is deal with people who are like this. But you can't stop it all. you will always get people who are incapable of learning and understanding.

Totally agree. Though the big social media companies need to sort their houses out before anything changes.

teesred
14th July 2021, 11:04 PM
Totally agree. Though the big social media companies need to sort their houses out before anything changes.

Yep. But they won't. If big tech firms aren't going to act over horrific things like child abuse and paedophilia they aint doing shit about some toe rags sending racist tweets to footballers.

scientificred
14th July 2021, 11:07 PM
I take it you don't find blazing saddles funny then. Saying that I would find it hard to know what you would find funny. Maybe the Last leg on channel 4 maybe ?
Correct about Blazing Saddles.
I found the Dollar Westerns quite amusing.
I find spontaneous situations funny. mostly.
I also found 'Ernest Moss calling to Mrs Calf as she was pushing her pram and asking her if she had a name for the baby yet' very funny.
Her answer was 'Paul'.

scientificred
14th July 2021, 11:09 PM
If i was boring shit i would go back through every comment Scentificred ever made online and see if he mention something that would be considered racist/homophobic/sexist and cancel him for all eternity.
there is comments and then theres RACISM. the both get placed together these days.
Try it and if you find it let everyone see it and if it is true I will be gone.

CCTV
15th July 2021, 10:32 AM
You have some curious history books CCTV.
You perhaps deny this genocide ?
Your version of events is a story often given for the demise of South American tribes.
Have you ever heard of 'Bury my heart at wounded knee'?
Have you ever heard of Buffalo Bill?
Have you ever seen that iconic picture of
him atop 100s of dead buffalo?
What was that all about?
Perhaps after massacring whole swathes of red Indians the US government was offering huge bounties to anyone who slaughtered those beasts per heàd to avoid any resurgence of that red Indian species as they had realised that the buffalo was their 'Raison d'etre'(sorry but do not have the correct e accent on my keyboard).

Theres always some debate about genocide on technicalities, atrocious outcomes, absolutely. Already highlighted the plight of the Indians a tribe of man displaced by outsiders and now an ethnic minority in their own lands. Can understand why any people would hate to lose their lands to non-natives. The matter of disease didn't escape the Indians though.
Can understand the resentment of palestinians to jews and the jewish desire to return to their homelands. Also how people become attached once they settle in on other peoples lands.
Thats not a tactic that started with or unique to British, it's been utilised through the ages. It's often a part of warfare tactics.

I've a friend whose restored some photos in colour that are quite nice. My grandad told me about the Indians and travellers when I was young, so I have a fair understanding of those people.

The removal of herds and the impacts on soil erosion is a part of allen savourys approach, Joel salatin too, whilst cattle were used to develop soil on rocks off the coast of Clare.
Savoury himself working off a hypothesis that he now regards as a grave error culled 50,000 elephants a few decades ago under the idea that too many animals were causing soil erosion.
His work today focuses on having more animals on the soil to generate the piss and shit to create and foster soils. In doing so land can retain water throughout the year and increase yields and people can move away from the welfare of food aid which demoralises the people.

CCTV
15th July 2021, 10:39 AM

I think comedy is a great way to mock authority. And authoritarians struggle to deal with being mocked.
A good comic routine starts with writing, timing is worked on and in the modern era a special will be recorded after it's been fine tuned with live audiences.

I think slagging is a good way to develop a sense of wit and resilience. Certainly a goal to develop the sense as kids age.
Do you find comedy that mocks others distasteful. I find some not funny takes on politicians but when they are good, they are brilliant imo. Not too arsed about which politicians are over the barrel.

CCTV
15th July 2021, 10:41 AM
Funny or racist ?

A funny for me, good joke.

CCTV
15th July 2021, 10:52 AM

I honestly think there are people who would be disappointed if there was no such incidents on twatter.
I also believe you will find a few black folk participating in verbal racist abuse just to sit back and laugh at people losing their shit.

Certainly some portion of online racist abuse mirrors the habits of saying things to upset the evangelicals of the 80s. There are black folk who like to trigger white liberals in particular, even black ones too.
It's sometimes enjoyable for some to watch people lose their shit over what some people say. I want more abortions, more abortion = more freedom.
The n word so long as it holds such power over people will always be such an easy way to trigger reactions.

I wonder how much more will be spent on patrolling twitter, where could that money be better spent is not even a permitted political discussion.

LFC-DPG
15th July 2021, 01:01 PM
Do you think the creators of Gladiators would get away with calling Judy Simpson ‘Nightshade’ this day and age?

scientificred
16th July 2021, 01:54 PM
Do you think the creators of Gladiators would get away with calling Judy Simpson ‘Nightshade’ this day and age?
Why not ok ? English has a huge colour template to call on.
If the artist concerned is happy then so am I.
Black or white? Don't like!

Daffydd
16th July 2021, 02:21 PM
I see GB News presenter Guto Harri is in breach of standards for taking the knee live on air. It's getting silly now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57862332

scientificred
16th July 2021, 02:23 PM

Dear Justme,
I await your evidence of your sleight on my character.
That was quite severe.
I do not expect an apology from you.
I do not accept your views of me but if you have the decency to trawl through my past posts at least have the decency within yourself to realise you were wrong or else show me, and perhaps others, where I was wrong. I am not beyond criticism!
Leaving this debate is a cop out!

ianlfc
16th July 2021, 02:34 PM
GMP have came out and said the Marcus Rashford mural in Manchester did not have racial slogans wrote on it.
Why did I think it had, going by the media in recent days ?

justme
16th July 2021, 02:47 PM
Dear Justme,
I await your evidence of your sleight on my character.
That was quite severe.
I do not expect an apology from you.
I do not accept your views of me but if you have the decency to trawl through my past posts at least have the decency within yourself to realise you were wrong or else show me, and perhaps others, where I was wrong. I am not beyond criticism!
Leaving this debate is a cop out!

Oh stop fking whining i was joking. your a special person.. Your perfect in every aspect..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

justme
16th July 2021, 02:51 PM
Same with the Chase.. Shaun Wallace gets called the the dark destroyer

justme
16th July 2021, 02:52 PM
Why not ok ? English has a huge colour template to call on.
If the artist concerned is happy then so am I.
Black or white? Don't like!

You dont seem to get it, its not the artist that gets to decide if using a word is wrong or not. It doesnt matter if its not in a way meant to be racist., if several people say its racist. Its RACIST. thats hows its been in the last 2/3 years

scientificred
16th July 2021, 03:02 PM
Oh stop fking whining i was joking. your a special person.. Your perfect in every aspect..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Welcome back to this forum Justme.
I was not whining but merely objecting to the quite nasty accusations.
A bit like people get on twitter.
It does not bother .me that much because I have ways been a strong individual
It did not seem like a joke to me.
If it was a joke was it reflective of your sense of humour?
Your reply has a hint of sarcasm .
I hope that is not true.
I detest sarcasm.
I hope your future posts are more constructive!

justme
16th July 2021, 03:11 PM
Thanks I will bear that in mind. next time i have an axe in my skull.

scientificred
16th July 2021, 03:23 PM
Thanks I will bear that in mind. next time i have an axe in my skull.
Sarcasm indeed!
You are appearing to be quite an unpleasant and unbalanced person.
I remain a reasonable person.
Perhaps you have a doctor in your neighborhood who can help you.
I am still here.
My promise to you is that if you can find a post that represents that I have the vile thoughts you suggest then I will leave this forum.
And I will take that on board and progress as a person.
On that count.....
Put up or shut up!

ianlfc
16th July 2021, 03:26 PM
Sarcasm indeed!
You are appearing to be quite an unpleasant and unbalanced person.
I remain a reasonable person.
Perhaps you have a doctor in your neighborhood who can help you.
I am still here.
My promise to you is that if you can find a post that represents that I have the vile thoughts you suggest then I will leave this forum.
And I will take that on board and progress as a person.
On that count.....
Put up or shut up!

I can now see why you were threw out of that bar . You've a very sharp tongue, scientificred .

justme
16th July 2021, 03:27 PM
On that note i shall bid your arrogance a fond farewell. I only came back to respond to your whining over something i wasnt meaning to be serious. Which you clearly needed to find issue with.. Ps here's an extra stroke for your ego from me.
Has for being unpleasant you get to decide that.

scientificred
16th July 2021, 04:05 PM
I can now see why you were threw out of that bar . You've a very sharp tongue, scientificred .
But I did not have a sharp tongue Ian.
I had remained most calm and trying to gauge why there was repeatedly that viewpoint from that man who would never reply
I was not thrown out but rather asked to leave by the landlord and then come back tomorrow and everything would be ok.
I was up against 10 locals who just liked that guy because he often bought them a beer.
I know the circumstances and you do not.
You are also trying to taint me as per Justme.
I tried to tell a story honestly and you have tainted it so suit your own agenda.
You were not there.
I am disappointed in you!

CCTV
16th July 2021, 04:13 PM
Sr do you have a thought on the questions I posed around Bernie Sanders and Labour Leave voters, are they part of the far right ?

scientificred
16th July 2021, 04:17 PM
On that note i shall bid your arrogance a fond farewell. I only came back to respond to your whining over something i wasnt meaning to be serious. Which you clearly needed to find issue with.. Ps here's an extra stroke for your ego from me.
Has for being unpleasant you get to decide that.
My arrogance!
I do not suffer from ego.
I can also quite capably decide without fear that your posts if presented elsewhere would at least constitute unpleasantness.
You are entitled to accuse me of vile things with no justification?
And that is your idea of a joke?
I wonder what other things you may post online on other platforms to people you do not know!
People who know me know me as the most truthful person they have ever met.
On top of the vile things you have accused me of you are adding arrogance.
Maybe leaving this thread is your way out.
I would like you to stay here and be more constructive.

CCTV
16th July 2021, 04:28 PM
My arrogance!
I do not suffer from ego.
I can also quite capably decide without fear that your posts if presented elsewhere would at least constitute unpleasantness.
You are entitled to accuse me of vile things with no justification?
And that is your idea of a joke?
I wonder what other things you may post online on other platforms to people you do not know!
People who know me know me as the most truthful person they have ever met.
On top of the vile things you have accused me of you are adding arrogance.
Maybe leaving this thread is your way out.
I would like you to stay here and be more constructive.

Well tbf you did posit an invisible lurking dormant probelm in the minds of the English.

It appears (though I'm taking these more recent posts as parody) one is taking criticism a little to close to heart.
Everyone has an ego and suffers from egotism.

What vile posts/things are you referring to ?
I dont follow your line of thinking here.

Maybe you dont like comedy as you are a bit of an authoritarian ?

scientificred
16th July 2021, 04:46 PM
Well tbf you did posit an invisible lurking dormant probelm in the minds of the English.

It appears (though I'm taking these more recent posts as parody) one is taking criticism a little to close to heart.
Everyone has an ego and suffers from egotism.

What vile posts/things are you referring to ?
I dont follow your line of thinking here.

Maybe you dont like comedy as you are a bit of an authoritarian ?
Not an authority on comedy CCTV but each to his own.
It is a personal thing. I merely stated my view.
Oftimes there is a spontaneous comment on this forum in riposte to a post that I find hilarious. But that is just me. Accepted?
My reason for creating this particular thread was as per my opening post
Keep it coming,
I want people to air their views freely.
Without justification I have been branded all-sorts.
I have tried to explained my own thoughts and debates to your goodself.
BTW I did not say invisible but rather dormant sub-culture. I think it has been a little more than dormant recently.
Would yourself allow such accusations to go unchallenged.

scientificred
16th July 2021, 05:40 PM
I am leaving this LFC forum now.
Not based on ego but definitely based on Justme's posts and the sideways support for him and zilch for me.
It was a joke post?
You who have replied have a strange sense of humour skin to what often happens on social media.
Remember that.
Those who have not read must ask yourselves if such accusations are ok without justification and further answer the pathetic justifications that followed amidst my humble responses.
Good luck next season LFC.
To those most decent posters
YNWA

ianlfc
16th July 2021, 06:11 PM
I am leaving this LFC forum now.
Not based on ego but definitely based on Justme's posts and the sideways support for him and zilch for me.
It was a joke post?
You who have replied have a strange sense of humour skin to what often happens on social media.
Remember that.
Those who have not read must ask yourselves if such accusations are ok without justification and further answer the pathetic justifications that followed amidst my humble responses.
Good luck next season LFC.
To those most decent posters
YNWA

By running away you're not helping yourself looking like a signed up member of the snow flake generation.

CCTV
16th July 2021, 06:14 PM
Not ego
I decide unpleasantness
You can accuse me of vile things
Is this your humour
Wonder how else you behave in this manner
People who know me say I'm the most truthful ever (bonus trump impression points, this wall probably the greatest wall ever)
More vile accusations
Leaving thread is escape route from debate/vileness
I however would like to continue debate and be constructive, as opposed to.

Me
Me
Me
Me keep it coming
Me branded all sorts
Me tried
Not invisible just dormant, as in latent, as in present but not manifesting.
I asked you what vile accusations ? Just more claims of vile allegations

Me leaving
Justmes fault
Zero support for me, some support for him
You have replied a strange sort of humour (now an authority on humour)
More no descript claims
Good luck lfc to those decent fans

It doesnt read like a person with no sense of ego, maybe a fragile ego manifesting in egotism.

CCTV
16th July 2021, 06:30 PM
Not an authority on comedy CCTV but each to his own.
It is a personal thing. I merely stated my view.
Oftimes there is a spontaneous comment on this forum in riposte to a post that I find hilarious. But that is just me. Accepted?
My reason for creating this particular thread was as per my opening post
Keep it coming,
I want people to air their views freely.
Without justification I have been branded all-sorts.
I have tried to explained my own thoughts and debates to your goodself.
BTW I did not say invisible but rather dormant sub-culture. I think it has been a little more than dormant recently.
Would yourself allow such accusations to go unchallenged.

Well you seem to have missed the point on this authoritarian and comedy part.
An authority on comedy, would be someone who feels they are best placed to grade comics, jokes and routines.

The point I was making is quite different. Comedy is the enemy of authority/authoritarians.
By having an over inflated sense of righteousness, authoritarians can find it difficult to deal with humour. That's why it's so effective, and why censorship is typically deployed against it imo.
Typically those people have strong opinions of people in an out group, but cant handle the slightest bit of offense or ridicule in their own direction.

Well when you said I hadn't answered your questions, I didn't get too defensive about it and said if you want to post the questions you were referring to, I'd do my best to answer them.
I'm sure there are good examples of me getting defensive on the forum too.

So I would challenge people too, get defensive in places, but I'm not sure I've spent as much time trying to proclaim myself holier than thou, I will debate how or why I think I am right with regards to topics. But most often I think at best I will alter someone's perception.
I certainly do not consider myself egoless, or not susceptible to egotism.

justme
16th July 2021, 06:32 PM
Most decent posters? ones who have opinions he agrees with?.. (not meaning to use a pun) but life is not all black and white.. Everyone on here is anti racism. And would stand up to morons who make up fake accounts and racially abuse footballer and anyone else who uses the internet..
When i go on sites where i chat to people and i see the odd idiot be sexist homophobic and racist.. I argue with them all the time,. Just I think right now in the world. Theres a group of people wilfully stirring up division between different people and its making people respond and these people get accused of what these other people are wrongly implying in the first place.

Its gotten to the point where if a footballer is 100% anti racist.. hes got to show it.By kneeling if he doesn't hes one of "them"I really get where the FA is coming from they want a society where no racism happens.every one with compassion feels the same.
To me the only way a society can deal with racist is one to one basis.. By people who witness this first hand to come to the aid of a person that's been abused. You can't change everyone. An idealistic world is was causes division in a lot of ways..

Highlight racism has much as possible i'm all for that. Just don't go tp the lengths were a person airing an opinion thats slightly different is classed as "against ". when they maybe for it. but see it differently.

CCTV
16th July 2021, 06:57 PM
Well you seem to have missed the point on this authoritarian and comedy part.
An authority on comedy, would be someone who feels they are best placed to grade comics, jokes and routines.

The point I was making is quite different. Comedy is the enemy of authority/authoritarians.
By having an over inflated sense of righteousness, authoritarians can find it difficult to deal with humour. That's why it's so effective, and why censorship is typically deployed against it imo.
Typically those people have strong opinions of people in an out group, but cant handle the slightest bit of offense or ridicule in their own direction.

Well when you said I hadn't answered your questions, I didn't get too defensive about it and said if you want to post the questions you were referring to, I'd do my best to answer them.
I'm sure there are good examples of me getting defensive on the forum too.

So I would challenge people too, get defensive in places, but I'm not sure I've spent as much time trying to proclaim myself holier than thou, I will debate how or why I think I am right with regards to topics. But most often I think at best I will alter someone's perception.
I certainly do not consider myself egoless, or not susceptible to egotism.

And when discussing a topic in depth or teasing out ideas, I think most people myself included will realise that it is practically guaranteed you have rationalized away some hypocrisy.

A good example for me would be over caricatures. You have the Charlie Hebdo provocative art piece that led to an offended bunch of people killing others.
You have examples of it with Trump, and nearly all political leaders.
Then more recently the example of the Pretty Cow cartoon in the guardian.

You'll find people that legitimise these expressions when it's in their interests and condemn them when it goes against their interests.
They will take a moral absolute position as a position of pride and then reason away the absolute where it suits. A bit like the patriotism thread, where people hold books to what hes said and dismiss similar anti-semitism on their side.
As said in the football forum, this effect I'd predict is stronger on the left wing of the political divide from research I've seen in to moral psychology.

For me the Charlie Hebdo piece was more provocative in terms of stimulating thought than the pretty cow one. There are better ones to compare.
This provocative aid for challenging thought really has underwritten a lot of left wing movements since the 60s, but now that they find themselves being a moral authority it just feels so wrong to be on the receiving end.

CCTV
16th July 2021, 06:59 PM
Bojo not books

CCTV
16th July 2021, 07:00 PM
Ps SR you're more than welcome to come back to the thread after a bit of chill out time, if that's what you need.

scientificred
16th July 2021, 07:10 PM
Ps SR you're more than welcome to come back to the thread after a bit of chill out time, if that's what you need.
This is brief revisit to this thread and final revisit to the LFC on-line forum.
I am not running away but there are more important issues in life for me
I disapprove of the edited posts and misquoted posts.
Going forward someone has to deal with that.
When people make accusations they have to substantiate it .
Good to see some further posts on this thread.
YNWA
You will never hear from me again but I remember you for different reasons

justme
16th July 2021, 07:17 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/a6K9J4G6pgM/hqdefault.jpg

Hurry up and be back soon

redebreck
16th July 2021, 07:35 PM
..and there was me thinking this was a thread (just) discussing racism..

come on, lads

CCTV
16th July 2021, 08:28 PM
This is brief revisit to this thread and final revisit to the LFC on-line forum.
I am not running away but there are more important issues in life for me
I disapprove of the edited posts and misquoted posts.
Going forward someone has to deal with that.
When people make accusations they have to substantiate it .
Good to see some further posts on this thread.
YNWA
You will never hear from me again but I remember you for different reasons

Maybe, justme felt the load on cognition and time wasn't returning a positive reward or too time consuming similarly, but you seemed to view his departing differently.

Well if you have time you can go through what specifics you are talking about.

The forum has already seen a change in policy, whereby you can no longer edit posts after an hour. Though you have, and I did enquire with one of our mods before, the right to request the entirety of your posts be removed on request as per rights to be forgotten arguments.

I would say people do try to substantiate their claims, but fail to do them to other peoples satisfaction.
But I would say that often people when brought in to difficult areas find it easier to deal with the dissonance of holding hypocritical views, by leaving the discussion and instead expressing disgust at others. A little projection onto the other in lieu of a diminshment of their own image or their sense or self.
I would say that is text book ego at play.

With regard to your claim of no ego/egotism, I think I gave my view in a reasonable way on the matter. Maybe not to your satisfaction, but I have asked you a few questions regarding your claims that have gone unanswered.

Well that's a pity, I do remember you receiving your first christmas gifts in a few years and being positively happy for you. I believe it came up during an interchange between you and noods where you questioned his assumptions about being the worst affected person on the forum.
I hope those people are still around and occupying your time.

CCTV
16th July 2021, 08:29 PM
..and there was me thinking this was a thread (just) discussing racism..

come on, lads

Should I start another thread or two ?

I think the topic of racism has been addressed with a good few views expressed.

teesred
16th July 2021, 09:01 PM
"I'm leaving........until I come back......." said Scientificred.
Absloute lolz.

teesred
16th July 2021, 09:06 PM
Remember that scene from the Wolf of Wall Street?
"I'm not f#$kin leaving!" Scientificred could do that when he returns.

ianlfc
16th July 2021, 10:59 PM
"I'm leaving........until I come back......." said Scientificred.
Absloute lolz.

He's a bit of a character is old Scientificred. A touch of the 19x's about him.

Daffydd
27th July 2021, 09:27 PM
Tokyo Lolympics: S Korea TV sorry for using pizza to depict Italy

It's hard to be offended when it's so ridiculous

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-57966293