PDA

View Full Version : What you watched last - good or bad

redebreck
18th October 2021, 10:43 AM
Watching Once Upon A Time In America, with Dr Niro and James Woods. It's on Netflix. Very atmospheric (made in 1984 - Sergio Leone).

teesred
24th October 2021, 12:32 AM
Awesome movie. Very long though, ages since I've seen it. Great soundtrack too by Ennio Morricone.

ianlfc
31st October 2021, 10:26 AM
Jeff Stelling is leaving soccer Saturday after 25 years. After Thommo and the others getting the boot last season the box tickers have put the final nail in the coffin of a great Saturday afternoons watch.

teesred
31st October 2021, 08:35 PM
Jeff Stelling is leaving soccer Saturday after 25 years. After Thommo and the others getting the boot last season the box tickers have put the final nail in the coffin of a great Saturday afternoons watch.

Is he leaving of his own accord? To do different things maybe?
You're right about soccer Saturday. It's been shite since the old guard left.

fagin
1st November 2021, 06:49 PM

Saw his interview where he said it was his personal decision.

Insidious
3rd November 2021, 07:46 PM
The Lighthouse.

An engaging watch - not sure if I loved it or hated it, but it sucks you in, akin to Deliverance in that regard.

Made by A24, same folks who did The Witch, which I enjoyed a lot and was Anya Taylor-Joy's breakout role.

redebreck
20th November 2021, 12:23 AM
Drop The Dead Donkey, on channel 4 catch-up. Not very politically correct, but on the ball, thirty years on.

CCTV
20th November 2021, 12:50 AM
Narcos Mexico: Season 3... disappointing so far, hasn't drawn me in like previous seasons.

CCTV
11th December 2021, 12:37 AM
Die hard - a classic set at Christmas, showing the lengths one man can go to in saving Christmas.

Seen it a few times before, first time spotting Richard Prior in it though 😳

justme
11th December 2021, 12:48 AM
Great set of movies apart from the 5th one didnt like that last die hard movie. making a 6th one i believe

teesred
11th December 2021, 11:38 AM
Die hard - a classic set at Christmas, showing the lengths one man can go to in saving Christmas.

Seen it a few times before, first time spotting Richard Prior in it though 😳

True story aswell by all accounts.
Didn't know Prior was in it?

CCTV
12th December 2021, 02:59 AM
True story aswell by all accounts.
Didn't know Prior was in it?

I'm not sure he is, was watching it and rewound and think it's him. Did a bit of Web searching and whilst no solid confirmation, I'm not alone in thinking it's him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ByPrhhpgU2s

CCTV
12th December 2021, 03:00 AM
Great set of movies apart from the 5th one didnt like that last die hard movie. making a 6th one i believe

The first 3 were classics, the second one didn't age well imo, I confuse the others so much I'd have to search to remember which one is which

justme
12th December 2021, 03:06 AM
the 3rd one was with Samuel L Jackon. simon says etc. I liked the second more than the first.. but been a while since i saw them. The last one ie the 5th was John McClane and his son was in it. Only watched it the once so it may be better the second time.But i thought it was naff on first viewing

redebreck
27th December 2021, 11:50 AM
"Don't Look Up" - sardonic reflection on politicians today.
Light hearted, amusing, disaster movie.

CCTV
27th December 2021, 05:43 PM

A feature length meme of a movie, a bit of
a weird one 🤔

LFC vs PFC
28th December 2021, 12:55 AM

Watched that yesterday, very hit and miss but good in places. Can't imagine Trump is a fan of it!!

redebreck
30th December 2021, 12:54 AM
"Nothing but the Truth"
Illustrates the power of the government to protect themselves.
American government in this instance.

ianlfc
2nd January 2022, 09:58 PM
The green mile was on channel 5 last night. I'd seen it when it came out and I knew it was good but I forgot it was " THAT" good.

justme
2nd January 2022, 10:05 PM
I didnt care for it much. an 100 year old mouse and prison guard who cant get an errection for dear life.

redebreck
3rd January 2022, 02:01 AM
Just watched "Jexi", on Amazon Prime.
Amusing little film, highlights the dangers of mobile/smart phones.
Well worth a view!

justme
8th January 2022, 09:52 AM
Just started to rewatch game of thrones.. finished season 1. Joffrey is still a little shit. great series by the way

jozza800
10th January 2022, 01:42 PM
Ghostbusters: Afterlife - 7/10

A nice homage to the orignal film. Maybe too many easter eggs and call backs but overall a solid effort.

CCTV
11th January 2022, 08:04 PM
Ghostbusters: Afterlife - 7/10

A nice homage to the orignal film. Maybe too many easter eggs and call backs but overall a solid effort.

Saw the girls ghostbusters over Christmas, got a lot of criticism at its release thought it was easy enough watching, though the characters were a little more odd.

CCTV
11th January 2022, 08:06 PM
The green mile was on channel 5 last night. I'd seen it when it came out and I knew it was good but I forgot it was " THAT" good.

Great movie but not one I'd rewatch that often.
That Billy the kid character was a right bastard.

teesred
12th January 2022, 09:13 AM
Spiderman NWH. I'm in a small minority here but to me it was a huge disappointment. Boring in the middle and a pretty meh battle at the end.
Got around to watching Endgame though and was well impressed, I'd got a little tired of Marvel movies but this is great. Captain Marvel is absolutely next level beauty.

Started watching Book of Boba Fett. 2 episodes in and its as awesome as I would expect from the same team who write and direct Mando.

CCTV
12th January 2022, 02:06 PM
Spiderman NWH. I'm in a small minority here but to me it was a huge disappointment. Boring in the middle and a pretty meh battle at the end.
Got around to watching Endgame though and was well impressed, I'd got a little tired of Marvel movies but this is great. Captain Marvel is absolutely next level beauty.

Started watching Book of Boba Fett. 2 episodes in and its as awesome as I would expect from the same team who write and direct Mando.

Kid loved the new spiderman and felt it was action packed.

For me it was a bit weird in that it felt like a group therapy session for the spidermxn and very much like a Hollywood direction on the superhero universe.

Tom Holland decrying a lack of diversity in the aftermath, spiderlass I suppose needed and in the film they pondered where's the black spiderman, Miles Morales.

So there's a very Hollywood feel to the film for me. Even the direction of we need to cure the badmxn rather than to fight them. A desire to eradicate the concept of evil when it comes to psychopathic criminal minds.

teesred
2nd February 2022, 04:07 PM
Kid loved the new spiderman and felt it was action packed.

For me it was a bit weird in that it felt like a group therapy session for the spidermxn and very much like a Hollywood direction on the superhero universe.

Tom Holland decrying a lack of diversity in the aftermath, spiderlass I suppose needed and in the film they pondered where's the black spiderman, Miles Morales.

So there's a very Hollywood feel to the film for me. Even the direction of we need to cure the badmxn rather than to fight them. A desire to eradicate the concept of evil when it comes to psychopathic criminal minds.

Yeah I know what you mean. If they were going to do the whole multivesrse thing ( something Im not overly loving) then Spider Gwen and Morales should have been in but an Into the Spiderverse sequel is due out this year.
I'm not keen on Holland, I find him irritating whereas Garfield and Maguire I like.
My kids thought it was amazing, Im.in a small minority I know.
I just don't see it up there with the best MCU movies. I've felt for a while that there's too much quantity over quality with the MCU movies now.

scientificred
4th February 2022, 09:12 PM
on sky news i see a man has been found in england living in nothing more than a garden shed as a slave for 40 years.
the master gets 9 months prison deferred for 18 months.
how could this ever have happened.
that man now is finding out how to wash toilet etc. and is apparently catching up on the world cups he has missed.
Quite a story

ianlfc
4th February 2022, 09:16 PM
on sky news i see a man has been found in england living in nothing more than a garden shed as a slave for 40 years.
that man now is finding out how to wash toilet etc. and is apparently catching up on the world cups he has missed.
Quite a story

He's lucky it wasn't last year he was found or he'd have had to stay in there 🤣🤣

redebreck
4th February 2022, 10:05 PM
Quite a story

Appalling prison sentence.

scientificred
4th February 2022, 10:22 PM
He was there from 18. He is now 58.
I think the master is now dead but his son is involved.
Wonder who he supports regarding world cups.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/04/uk-man-given-suspended-prison-sentence-for-exploiting-victim-of-slavery

redebreck
9th February 2022, 03:54 PM
Just watched "Greed" with Alan Partridge.
Superb film, very illuminating.

ianlfc
13th February 2022, 01:33 PM
The Tinder swindler.
Bloody hell he's some boy, and still filling his boots.
Amazing what you can get away with if you're confident enough.

Nineteenx
21st February 2022, 12:27 AM
I'd probably like it if they made more pre-mobile phones and internet films and series, a lot of things were better pre mobile phones and internet

teesred
21st February 2022, 08:56 AM
I'd probably like it if they made more pre-mobile phones and internet films and series, a lot of things were better pre mobile phones and internet

Literally everything was better before smart phones, they've ruined so many things. People say its better for things like streaming etc but for me personally I rarely watch movies now whereas when I was in my teens and into early 30s I'd watch them regularly.
I had hundreds of VHS and Dvd's of classic movies. I used to love going to places like HMV or virgin megastore and taking my time to pick some movies. You'd spend uninterrupted time watching them, taking time to watch everything in the movie,characters,script,scenes etc. No distractions. All part of the movie experience. Streaming doesn't do that for me now, there's too much choice if that makes sense?

scientificred
21st March 2022, 06:50 PM
Peter Rabbit! Hilarious!
Watched it with my wife!
I do not think I can ever watch a war film again.
I tried Kelly's heros shortly after and though attemptingly comical, for me the world has changed now.
Kelly's heros? No!
Peter Rabbit? Yes!

CCTV
22nd March 2022, 03:56 AM
Million Dollar Baby - gritty story and a movie masterpiece.

Some great deep thoughts explored through simple messages via the heroic tragedy.

Emotionally, a scatter-bomb, feelings obliterated in all directions.

Seen it before, loved it, rate it, even got cut watching it.
Reminds me of watching into the west, as a kid.

10/10

CCTV
22nd March 2022, 04:04 AM
Yeah I know what you mean. If they were going to do the whole multivesrse thing ( something Im not overly loving) then Spider Gwen and Morales should have been in but an Into the Spiderverse sequel is due out this year.
I'm not keen on Holland, I find him irritating whereas Garfield and Maguire I like.
My kids thought it was amazing, Im.in a small minority I know.
I just don't see it up there with the best MCU movies. I've felt for a while that there's too much quantity over quality with the MCU movies now.

Never got on my radar, that's an animated film/series, right ? Think they'd have to had an actual movie to get in on the act.

Spider Gwen :D the lack of invention is astounding. As said it had too much hollywood politics in it for my liking.

I'd put lego batman up against most of the big budget marvel/superhero genre. A great laugh 😃 All good movies start in black...

Nineteenx
22nd March 2022, 02:48 PM
"As good as it gets" again, still very funny

Kev0909
26th March 2022, 09:19 PM
Project adam worth a watch if you like Ryan Reynolds

scientificred
28th March 2022, 01:59 PM
Hachiko. Doggie movie. Needs a strong resolve to avoid blubbering. Kind of a true story too!

redebreck
28th March 2022, 03:26 PM
Hachiko. Doggie movie. Needs a strong resolve to avoid blubbering. Kind of a true story too!

Doesn't sound like one for me or the missus, then!

scientificred
29th March 2022, 10:37 AM
Doesn't sound like one for me or the missus, then!
Despite the inherent sadness it is a truly wonderful story of the companionship that a dog can give. I think it is a must watch! Just make sure you have plenty of tissues to hand!

vin
29th March 2022, 12:06 PM
Just make sure you have plenty of tissues to hand!

Blimey, how much "companionship" are you expecting from the dog

scientificred
29th March 2022, 01:06 PM
It is a story of unconditional love from a dog to the owner. Have you seen it Vin? Truly wonderful.

ianlfc
29th March 2022, 01:20 PM
It is a story of unconditional love from a dog to the owner. Have you seen it Vin? Truly wonderful.

You're not Kieth Laird are you ?

scientificred
29th March 2022, 02:19 PM
You're not Kieth Laird are you ?
Dear Ianlfc ...No! Who or what is he?

redebreck
29th March 2022, 04:57 PM
Blimey, how much "companionship" are you expecting from the dog

Maybe the dog wears lipstick, similar to some of the sheep in Wales :)

redebreck
8th April 2022, 12:51 AM
Just finished watching supposedly the final episode of the final series of Peaky Blinders.
Superb.
Cannot believe there won't be another series or sequel - there's so much scope for follow-ups.

Nineteenx
8th April 2022, 01:16 AM
Just finished watching supposedly the final episode of the final series of Peaky Blinders.
Superb.
Cannot believe there won't be another series or sequel - there's so much scope for follow-ups.

I didn't watch any of the series, but I did watch the last episode and also thought it definitely left a great deal of scope for follow ups, then so do a lot of other multi series programs

I think Game Of Thrones left scope but it will never happen and I'm still pissed off at the ridiculous way they chose to end it and that they rushed through so many things without all the machinations and machiavellian scheming and build up to them happening that had made the show so great. It left me feeling completely robbed and disenfranchised

Like the end of 'Lost' my ex had me watch all the series of

Insidious
8th April 2022, 11:33 AM
I think Game Of Thrones left scope but it will never happen and I'm still pissed off at the ridiculous way they chose to end it and that they rushed through so many things without all the machinations and machiavellian scheming and build up to them happening that had made the show so great. It left me feeling completely robbed and disenfranchised

Varys and Baelish were the prime Chess players in that show until the writing got stupid.

Such a shame.

I watched Taboo. Enjoyed it well enough but I and the same criticisms of it that, funnily enough, stopped me from watching Peaky Blinders some time back. Think Stephen Knight (could be mis-remembering the name) did writing on both, so that would make some sense that I have similar gripes with both.

teesred
9th April 2022, 04:36 PM
Varys and Baelish were the prime Chess players in that show until the writing got stupid.

Such a shame.

I watched Taboo. Enjoyed it well enough but I and the same criticisms of it that, funnily enough, stopped me from watching Peaky Blinders some time back. Think Stephen Knight (could be mis-remembering the name) did writing on both, so that would make some sense that I have similar gripes with both.

Taboo was superb I thought, I really liked it. Second season in the offing for a while but not heard anything for ages. Tom Hardy and Stephen Graham probably too busy.

I watched The Batman. Its fab, definitely up there with the Burton and Nolan ones. Way better than any of the MCU movies.

teesred
9th April 2022, 04:39 PM
Million Dollar Baby - gritty story and a movie masterpiece.

Some great deep thoughts explored through simple messages via the heroic tragedy.

Emotionally, a scatter-bomb, feelings obliterated in all directions.

Seen it before, loved it, rate it, even got cut watching it.
Reminds me of watching into the west, as a kid.

10/10

Awesome movie. Heart wrenching.

Insidious
9th April 2022, 05:21 PM
Taboo was superb I thought, I really liked it. Second season in the offing for a while but not heard anything for ages. Tom Hardy and Stephen Graham probably too busy.

Where it slightly falls down for me (I did enjoy it too, overall) is in two areas - both due to Steven Knight (think it's the right name, he worked on Peaky as well)

1. Style over substance occasionally - so many shots of Tom Hardy stalking through London looking hard in his big coat. Granted, he pulls the look off, but I find it got stale. This happens in Peaky Blinders as well at times.

2. Main gripe (happens with Thomas Shelby in Peaky too) is the whole thing of the main character always playing 4D-Chess. The grand Masterplan (by default making acquaintances pawns in their Chess game) character ends up having a reductive effect on the influence of other characters. Largely just there to do what Thomas Shelby/James Delaney says.

These are nitpicks I know and I'll hold my hands up to the fact I can be very nitpicky with films/dramas, but if something is so close to brilliant I get a bit frustrated when it can't take that final step.

Nineteenx
10th April 2022, 12:37 AM
I watched a game of football today between Everton and the filthy, it was the worst game of football I have watched for several years, absolutely terrible fare served up by both sides, worse than Southgate's 'Allardyce's' England long ball diving stars football even, just simply atrocious

teesred
10th April 2022, 10:07 PM
Where it slightly falls down for me (I did enjoy it too, overall) is in two areas - both due to Steven Knight (think it's the right name, he worked on Peaky as well)

1. Style over substance occasionally - so many shots of Tom Hardy stalking through London looking hard in his big coat. Granted, he pulls the look off, but I find it got stale. This happens in Peaky Blinders as well at times.

2. Main gripe (happens with Thomas Shelby in Peaky too) is the whole thing of the main character always playing 4D-Chess. The grand Masterplan (by default making acquaintances pawns in their Chess game) character ends up having a reductive effect on the influence of other characters. Largely just there to do what Thomas Shelby/James Delaney says.

These are nitpicks I know and I'll hold my hands up to the fact I can be very nitpicky with films/dramas, but if something is so close to brilliant I get a bit frustrated when it can't take that final step.

I know what you mean Sid, there is a lot of that in Taboo. Haven't watched much of Peaky, couldn't really get into it.

TheDOC1979
11th April 2022, 12:15 AM
In the process of rewatching the Sopranos (season 3 now)

Also watched Gotti, the 1996 version which is a great watch. Currently free on YouTube.

Like my Marvel and DC and finished Peacemaker which is a good laugh to be honest. James Gunn is doing wonders for tv and movies.

scientificred
11th April 2022, 01:07 PM
Watched Arrival. Probably the best sci-fi movie I have ever seen!

redebreck
4th May 2022, 11:34 PM
In the middle of watching, on BBC iPlayer:
Kicking Off: the rise and fall of the super League.
Notable so far, the program mentions PSG and Jizzfest as being state-owned by Qatar, but no mention of Real Madrid being state-supported by Spain.
PSG and Jizzfest being blamed for the need for a super League because of the financial implications for the top European clubs. Not much said about Real however.

Insidious
5th May 2022, 12:18 AM
In the process of rewatching the Sopranos (season 3 now)

There's a guy who does these weird crossovers of Soprano scenes occuring in Skyrim and it's a joy - especially the YouTube comments.

redebreck
13th May 2022, 05:37 PM
Just finished watching a Netflix series - Seven Seconds. Very thought-provoking. Corrupt cops, incompetent legal people. Black Lives Matter.
Recommend it.

Martyboy
18th May 2022, 10:00 PM
I'm not really into any of this modern bollocks tbh.....Just finished the 1st series again(1st time for a number of years) of Auf Wiedersehen Pet....Hard to beat...Wey aye ya buggers!!...:)

LFC vs PFC
26th May 2022, 10:08 PM
I'm not really into any of this modern bollocks tbh.....Just finished the 1st series again(1st time for a number of years) of Auf Wiedersehen Pet....Hard to beat...Wey aye ya buggers!!...:)

That's living alright.

scientificred
30th May 2022, 08:06 AM
Watched Castaway (2000) starring Tom Hanks
Tremendous film (Victor! Victor!)

Martyboy
31st May 2022, 08:09 PM
That's living alright.

Wey aye man!!...Into the 2nd series now....The lads have just moved into Thornley Manor...:)

redebreck
11th June 2022, 05:53 PM
Just watched "Motherless Brooklyn" on Amazon Prime.
Absolutely superb.
My kind of film!

scientificred
12th July 2022, 05:12 PM
Busy fixing my record player and digging out the vinyl!
Montrose 'rock the nation' and 'paper money' - just super!

scientificred
15th July 2022, 07:41 PM
Installed a ceiling fan. Just watching it go round makes me feel cool. It is 1.3m in diameter. My ceiling is just a little more than 3m high. Lowest speed makes the whole room cool. Highest speed is too much despite the high temperature. Only 60watt max power consumption including the light. Recommend!

shminkyred
16th July 2022, 10:48 AM
Curse of Farking Oak Island.....For Fark sake why dont you just excavate that whole area from season one instead of drillining these poxy little woles everywhere.....

even forensic style archaeological digs by hand with farking dustpan and brush would have found the vault by now....

and another thing......

If someone has gone to all that trouble to bury it........As if there isnt a door somewhere where they can come back and pick up a gold bar or two when things get a bit tight....

Or was it supposed to live down there for ever as some kind of gift to the Gods of Oak Island??????

Cant stop watching it though....:sentimental:

shminkyred
16th July 2022, 10:50 AM

Or are we just really old?

scientificred
17th July 2022, 03:07 PM
I was reading a bit of trivia about midsoner murders. Apparently Joyce Barnaby persuaded her detective hubby to move away from that area following a spate of recent murders. Hilarious!
I am surprised that not every house in that area is up for sale! Script writers?

redebreck
25th July 2022, 11:23 PM
Is Spiderman: homecoming worth watching?
Started watching it on BBC (I think) - looks a bit shit to me, compared to the Toby Maguire films.
Any thoughts?

teesred
27th July 2022, 08:04 AM
Is Spiderman: homecoming worth watching?
Started watching it on BBC (I think) - looks a bit shit to me, compared to the Toby Maguire films.
Any thoughts?

It's the best of the 3 in my opinion. I find Holland irritating. Keaton is really good as Vulture.
I don't think any of the Spiderman movies are as good as they could have been. Hes undoubtedly Marvel biggest star character yet none of the movies do him justice.
The Batman movies ( first Keaton,Nolan trilogy and the new one) put Marvel into the shade. Different class.

scientificred
29th July 2022, 02:12 PM
Watched it back in the 80s. Not seen it since. I was surprised to find out today that Kevin Whately was the elder but for Pat Hogan. Always thought he was like the baby in the group! Actual age wise!

scientificred
29th July 2022, 06:08 PM
Installed a ceiling fan. Just watching it go round makes me feel cool. It is 1.3m in diameter. My ceiling is just a little more than 3m high. Lowest speed makes the whole room cool. Highest speed is too much despite the high temperature. Only 60watt max power consumption including the light. Recommend!
The fan has been brilliant through these very hot days. Low energy consumption and I can reverse the motor for the winter months to help move the rising heat away from the ceiling.Cooler all round right now in the room and big savings on energy hopefully. My wife is impressed thus far. No need for A/C. I will let you know how it pans out in the winter months when I reverse the motor direction

Martyboy
9th August 2022, 09:41 PM
Watched it back in the 80s. Not seen it since. I was surprised to find out today that Kevin Whately was the elder but for Pat Roach..Always thought he was like the baby in the group! Actual age wise!

Fixed for you....Classic quote from Bomber....'A few strapping wenches in gaily coloured frocks....That'll do Bomber!'.....:)

redebreck
30th August 2022, 11:59 PM
BBC iPlayer film "The Train" - atmospheric world war 2 film based in France,1944.
Burt Lancaster in the lead. Story about the Nazis trying to transport (steal) France's art treasures to Germany.
Cracking film.

scientificred
2nd September 2022, 02:18 PM
BBC iPlayer film "The Train" - atmospheric world war 2 film based in France,1944.
Burt Lancaster in the lead. Story about the Nazis trying to transport (steal) France's art treasures to Germany.
Cracking film.
Indeed Redebreck!
Saw it first time around as a kid with my dad and re watched it many times since!

ianlfc
26th September 2022, 07:35 PM
That Jeffery Dahmar was a bit of a rascal.

Kev0909
26th September 2022, 09:51 PM
England Football team

3/10

3 rating goes to Maguire for the comedy value.

Poor watch, however some funny moments.

redebreck
27th September 2022, 10:58 PM
That Jeffery Dahmar was a bit of a rascal.

Who he?

redebreck
27th September 2022, 11:11 PM
Blazing Saddles is currently available on BBC iPlayer, if anyone hasn't seen it.
Obviously a bit dated. Very brave for Mel Brooks to make such a film.
Can't imagine anyone doing anything like this these days.
Five stars.

fagin
28th September 2022, 03:09 AM
Blazing Saddles is currently available on BBC iPlayer, if anyone hasn't seen it.
Five stars.

Probably because no-one has the balls - although i'd be one of the first on board with it.
It's way past time to stop minorities dictating to the majorities.

redebreck
28th September 2022, 11:41 PM
Also currently available on BBC iPlayer, TT3D: Closer To The Edge. It's a documentary from a few years back, about the Isle Of Man TT Races.
If anyone loves motorbikes, give it a try!

CCTV
18th October 2022, 11:57 AM
Five stars.

What a hilarious film. The old woman kills me everytime.

CCTV
18th October 2022, 12:01 PM
Prey - a predator film, not sure why they've changed the name. As in Arnie in the jungle, and Glover in LA.

Seen a bit of 'culture wars' stuff around this film, have to say I thought it was worth the watch.
Essentially, the Predator arrives in North America around the 17somethings.

teesred
18th October 2022, 01:59 PM
I've seen that. I thought it was decent.
Did you notice the link to predator 2?

vin
18th October 2022, 10:15 PM
What a hilarious film. The old woman kills me everytime.

"The new sheriff is a *dong*"

Insane film that just goes totally mad for the last 20 minutes or so...

Nineteenx
18th October 2022, 11:54 PM
'The Drop' with Tom Hardy (Bob) was pretty good tonight, seen it once before, quite enjoyed it

Nineteenx
18th October 2022, 11:55 PM
Five stars.

Mel Brooks made some class films, High Anxiety was very good

CCTV
19th October 2022, 11:02 AM
"The new sheriff is a *dong*"

Insane film that just goes totally mad for the last 20 minutes or so...

Good morning ma'am, and itn't a lovely morning..

Surprised its still available on youtubes.

CCTV
19th October 2022, 11:06 AM
I've seen that. I thought it was decent.
Did you notice the link to predator 2?

No, was it something near the end ?

teesred
19th October 2022, 12:28 PM
No, was it something near the end ?

The old gun. Its the one The Predators give to Glover at the end of Predator 2.

jozza800
19th October 2022, 12:42 PM
I know there's a few Star Wars fans on here. Anyone watching Andor?

It's been a bit of a slow burner but the last few episodes have been fantastic. Diego Luna should have been the 'Hand Solo' caharacter in the sequel trilogy instead of Oscar Isaacs.

teesred
19th October 2022, 10:08 PM
I know there's a few Star Wars fans on here. Anyone watching Andor?

It's been a bit of a slow burner but the last few episodes have been fantastic. Diego Luna should have been the 'Hand Solo' caharacter in the sequel trilogy instead of Oscar Isaacs.

I've not bothered with it. I'll get around to it but its not something I've been gagging to see.
What did you think of Kenobi? I thought it was okay but I wouldn't watch it again. Not a patch on Mando or Fett series for me.

jozza800
19th October 2022, 10:38 PM
I've not bothered with it. I'll get around to it but its not something I've been gagging to see.
What did you think of Kenobi? I thought it was okay but I wouldn't watch it again. Not a patch on Mando or Fett series for me.

Apart from their final encounter, which did give me actual goosebumps it was a load of rubbish.

Andor has a nice gritty feel to it.

CCTV
30th October 2022, 08:16 PM
The old gun. Its the one The Predators give to Glover at the end of Predator 2.

No, I missed it

teesred
4th November 2022, 03:58 PM
Credence clearwater revival live at Royal Albert Hall. Netflix doc about their 1970 European tour. Some band, would love to have seen them.
Never been to Royal Albert hall either. Defo on my bucket list to watch a gig there.

scientificred
4th November 2022, 08:12 PM
Credence clearwater revival live at Royal Albert Hall. Netflix doc about their 1970 European tour. Some band, would love to have seen them.
Never been to Royal Albert hall either. Defo on my bucket list to watch a gig there.
Super band Tees, one of my all time faves!

redebreck
2nd February 2023, 06:32 PM
Been watching Red Dwarf for a couple of days.
Available on UK TV Play / Dave

Can be viewed on computer/TV/smartphone (I believe)

https://youtu.be/IoHhim3CF0A

dicko1969
4th February 2023, 12:21 AM
Netflix
Peaky Blinders 10/10
Narcos 1&2 10/10
Breaking bad 10/10
The Crown 9/10

House of cards 9/10
(Don't bother with last season ... no frank)

Ray Donovan 9/10
You 9/10

The Marvels
Punisher 9/10
Luke Cage 8

Daredevil 7.5
Jéssica J 7
Iron fist 6

Ozark 8
Casa papel 9
Top boy 9
Californication 9

Last kingdom 8
Vikings 8

10 pour cent 8
Lupin 8
Dirty John 8
Sex education 8
Designated 8
Scandal 7

After life 7
Stranger things 7
13 reason s why 7
100 ..... 7

Black mirror 6

CCTV
11th February 2023, 12:01 AM
I came by - a bit of a real life horror movie set in London. Quite good though funnily enough most of the characters are flawed sjws. Worth a watch 👍

Vikings Valhalla - season 2 girl power - watchable at best, even better give it a skip.
A tragic effort after the vikings tv series. Just leaves me wanting to watch the original series which had some bad ass bitches. Some awful main characters, particularly freydis.

The crown - interesting cast of characters - princess anne seems quite cool - princess Margaret played by HelenaBonhamCarter seemed totally at odds with the younger actress - Charles, you'd drown him in a bathtub - didn't realise Philip was such a philanderer, Diana comes off as a right bore and the Queen seems most mundane in a charming way.
Declines with each passing season, perhaps due to the arrival of younger members.
Got to the start of the season with middle/older aged Charles but haven't gone back to it yet as it's like watching a migrane.

Benidorm - very enjoyable and entertaining, recently got a 50c coin with a benidorm red dragon branded sticker attached. Now residing in my collection of treasures.

Cost a concordia - a fun and fascinating documentary by internet historian, a youtuber,.telling the tale of the ships crash in the Mediterranean. A great wee channel.

https://youtu.be/
Qh9KBwqGxTI

justme
11th February 2023, 12:06 AM
Just been rewatching Fringe just finished season 4. one more to go :)

redebreck
21st March 2023, 05:33 PM
Close to the end of my first "cycle"of chemotherapy, so I've been resting quite a bit recently.
Came across a good BBC Series from 2003 on UK TV / Dave - "State Of Play".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Play_(TV_series)
The Yanks made a film of the same name in 2009, I think it was, with Ben Affleck and Russell Crowe.
Yank film storyline is similar but not as much meat to it (90-120 minutes compared to 360 minutes plus).
Mystery/Thriller - right up my street.

CCTV
8th April 2023, 01:22 AM
Close to the end of my first "cycle"of chemotherapy, so I've been resting quite a bit recently.
Came across a good BBC Series from 2003 on UK TV / Dave - "State Of Play".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Play_(TV_series)
The Yanks made a film of the same name in 2009, I think it was, with Ben Affleck and Russell Crowe.
Yank film storyline is similar but not as much meat to it (90-120 minutes compared to 360 minutes plus).
Mystery/Thriller - right up my street.

Hope the chemo is going alright Redeb ?

2 weird recommendations

I'd recommend getting the entire Adam West batman tv series on dvd if you've time to spare in recovery.

And on golden pond if you want to drift off with a less intense/surreal theme

Used to be my Sunday recovery viewing after a rough weekend, when the brain was drained

redebreck
8th April 2023, 01:33 PM
Hope the chemo is going alright Redeb ?

2 weird recommendations

I'd recommend getting the entire Adam West batman tv series on dvd if you've time to spare in recovery.

And on golden pond if you want to drift off with a less intense/surreal theme

Used to be my Sunday recovery viewing after a rough weekend, when the brain was drained

I can remember watching some of the Adam West Batman series (was it in the 60s/70s?) - they were nicely light-hearted.
I really enjoyed the "recent" films with Christian Bale - meaty.
Chemo's up and down, I occasionally feel shit but mostly OK (ish!) - thanks for asking. The football, and this forum, keep my spirits up a lot. I've just bought a Liverpool Echo publication - Kings of Europe, celebrating 50 years of LFC in Europe. Really enjoy reading it - some good memories. I'm 69 so have some great memories to look back on.
Thanks, CCTV.

CCTV
9th April 2023, 08:45 AM
I can remember watching some of the Adam West Batman series (was it in the 60s/70s?) - they were nicely light-hearted.
I really enjoyed the "recent" films with Christian Bale - meaty.
Chemo's up and down, I occasionally feel shit but mostly OK (ish!) - thanks for asking. The football, and this forum, keep my spirits up a lot. I've just bought a Liverpool Echo publication - Kings of Europe, celebrating 50 years of LFC in Europe. Really enjoy reading it - some good memories. I'm 69 so have some great memories to look back on.
Thanks, CCTV.

Good to hear Redeb, sounds like you are taking the chemo relatively well and are in good spirits. Hopefully you get the all clear and get to build on those great memories.
Some of you older lads have obviously seen LFC at its greatest and nice you've seen Klopp bring back the PL title and no6.
Those batman episodes are funny as fuck and very light hearted and comical. The dark Knight series was excellent, still second to the kerpow era for me.

Nineteenx
21st April 2023, 11:50 PM
Watched 'The Martian' surprisingly entertaining

vin
24th April 2023, 04:39 PM
I watched a film called "Vengeance" on Amazon. It's a directorial debut from a BJ Novak (The Office). Didn't really know what to expect but it was unexpectedly good.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/1GT1jFsNnPw

Also, I've been watching Breaking Bad while on the treadmill. I didn't watch it when it came out. I think it's a really good story.

CCTV
7th May 2023, 01:18 PM
Gonna watch this Catastrophe, saw an episode and it looked funny enough.

fiordearg
15th June 2023, 11:46 AM
Watched the Overlap on Tour. Roy Keane Carra and Neville in Ireland. Very funny.

CCTV
17th June 2023, 10:04 AM
Guardians of the Galaxy 3 - a rather enjoyable movie that pulled on the heart strings, a little lacking in some parts for consistency and quality of direction. But a definite worthwhile watch if you like all the superhero type movies.

CCTV
6th July 2023, 11:02 AM
Dark waters - features the Hulk actor, and looks at the history of a lawyer up against dupont over the hazardous impacts of teflon. Slow enough paced, but a decent watch. Hadn't heard about this before.

Martyboy
6th July 2023, 11:51 PM
I'm not a huge film watcher...Watched 'Cocaine Bear' the other week though...Wasn't bad...:)

ianlfc
22nd July 2023, 09:35 PM
Phoenix nights, Max and paddy, Partridge, Early doors, The Royale family. All brilliant box sets. Definitely the 90/00's comedies were the best.
Making of the mob(Chicago) unreal.

teesred
26th July 2023, 06:29 PM
The Arnold Schwarzenegger three part documentary on Netflix is really good.

Martyboy
13th August 2023, 03:50 AM
Watching 1970's 'The Water Margin' tv series....Bought the DVD set a few years ago,giving it a re-run atm....:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Water_Margin_(1973_TV_series)

redebreck
3rd September 2023, 01:05 PM
Been watching "I, Claudius" on BBC iplayer. What a superb series. I've seen it before, many years ago and I'm finding I appreciate it more this time around.
How accurate do people think this is, to what went on in Rome back in those days?

Kev0909
3rd September 2023, 01:42 PM
Been watching "I, Claudius" on BBC iplayer. What a superb series. I've seen it before, many years ago and I'm finding I appreciate it more this time around.
How accurate do people think this is, to what went on in Rome back in those days?

I'm not sure but I love this sort of stuff, and somehow missed it on iplayer

Cheers

redebreck
4th September 2023, 09:03 PM
I'm not sure but I love this sort of stuff, and somehow missed it on iplayer

Cheers

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Claudius_(TV_series)

teesred
5th September 2023, 02:07 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Claudius_(TV_series)

I'll give that watch. I'm currently watching the Last Kingdom which is really good.

I remember a clip on the fast show where Caroline Aherne is a pub quiz compere and she asks the question "who starred in 1 Claudius".
Lolz.

teesred
7th September 2023, 02:32 PM
I watched The Equaliser 3 at the cinema.
Quality as you'd expect from Big Denzel, Makes it a great trilogy.

Nineteenx
12th September 2023, 10:41 PM
Watched the Denzel Washington week/season on Film 4 never bothered with any of his films years back as he was so constantly massively overhyped, but it was all pretty good to be fair

ianlfc
23rd September 2023, 06:00 PM
Love and death on ITVX. Based on a true story in America in the late 70s About a murder within a church congregation .
Let's just say, only in America.

redebreck
15th October 2023, 01:14 PM
Watching Official Secrets (again) on BBC iplayer. Powerful little film supporting the claims that USA (supported by Blair) lied about Saddam Hussein having WMD.
Politicians and intelligence agencies, eh?

Kev0909
22nd October 2023, 04:55 PM
Saw X

really good family movie, great day out with the kids and grandparents etc in the cinemas

fully reccomend.

redebreck
22nd October 2023, 11:13 PM
Saw X

really good family movie, great day out with the kids and grandparents etc in the cinemas

fully reccomend.

LOLZ!!!
rated 18

redebreck
24th October 2023, 10:26 PM
Watching "Old Dads" on Netflix.
I'm not sure, but possibly, maybe, this film rips the piss out of today's Woke culture.
Sorry if this offends anyone.
Seriously.

redebreck
15th December 2023, 03:40 PM
Been watching Ozark on Netflix over the last few weeks. Its coming to the end - many of the main characters are being killed off!
Seems well made, but puts the USA (and Mexico) in a poor light.
Has anyone else watched it?

teesred
15th December 2023, 10:59 PM
One that I keep meaning to start but keep forgetting to.

ianlfc
29th December 2023, 02:06 PM
Ricky Gervais Armageddon. A proper comedy stand up, nobody got left out. Everyone got abused 🤣🤣

eggy81
5th January 2024, 07:52 PM
Viking’s. The original history channel series. It’s on Amazon now. Epic for first 3 seasons anyway. Close to early game of thrones for me. Maybe not quite the shock value.

Kev0909
6th January 2024, 12:17 AM
Viking’s. The original history channel series. It’s on Amazon now. Epic for first 3 seasons anyway. Close to early game of thrones for me. Maybe not quite the shock value.

thanks for this, love the viking period and everything about it, not heard of this yet somehow.

got a free week prime, happy days.

Kev0909
6th January 2024, 11:29 AM
Wait I thought it was a different "vikings" haha

CCTV
14th February 2024, 10:23 PM
Watched "Lost", only saw a few episodes when I was younger got to watch it as a box set on Disney. Have to say I throughly enjoyed it

People who I've told who watched it back then, were all really disappointed with the ending of the series, must ask them why :)

teesred
17th February 2024, 05:30 PM
I watched We own this City. Six parter about police corruption in Baltimore, true story too. Very good and I expected it to be as it's written and directed by the same guys who did The Wire which is probably my favorite show ever. Got lots of faces from the Wire in it too.
Well worth a watch.

justme
17th February 2024, 06:01 PM
Watched "Lost", only saw a few episodes when I was younger got to watch it as a box set on Disney. Have to say I throughly enjoyed it

People who I've told who watched it back then, were all really disappointed with the ending of the series, must ask them why :)

The last season was a bit rushed. but was still good all around, Loved it.

redebreck
24th February 2024, 12:30 AM
Too Good to be True.
Channel 5 catch-up.
Crap. So predictable. We could work out exactly what the main character, Elliott - a psychopath/sociopath - was like by the end of the second episode of four.
Stay away.

ianlfc
24th February 2024, 10:27 PM
Our Guy in Columbia.
Guy Martin going around Columbia seeing what its all about.
Really enjoyed it also he's a really likeable character .

redebreck
26th April 2024, 10:17 PM
In the Land of Saints and Sinners.
New on Netflix.
Liam Neeson. Cracking film, one of the best I've seen on Netflix.

Insidious
1st May 2024, 08:29 AM
Dune Part Two.

All 6 of us in the cinema.

Loved it.

CCTV
2nd May 2024, 11:43 PM
Watching Dexter. Saw it years ago but more focused watching it this time. Very bingeable & entertaining 👍

teesred
4th May 2024, 06:51 AM
In the Land of Saints and Sinners.
New on Netflix.
Liam Neeson. Cracking film, one of the best I've seen on Netflix.

I watched that last night. Really good.

teesred
4th May 2024, 06:52 AM
Dune Part Two.

All 6 of us in the cinema.

Loved it.

Watched part 1 a few weeks ago and thought it was really good. My son said part 2 is amazing so I'll watch that when it's in Netflix.
I've never seen the original Lynch one, have you?