PDA

View Full Version : The ashes

Nineteenx
8th December 2021, 01:03 AM
Burns out first ball of the series, does NOT bode well for the rest of the series, big time bottlers :D :D

Nineteenx
8th December 2021, 01:20 AM
3.2 overs gone and Malan plays a ball he can leaves and nicks it to their WK England 2 down very early and a disastrous start

Nineteenx
8th December 2021, 01:32 AM
Root gone for a duck 3 down in 5.5 overs with just 11 runs on the board, absolutely pathetic

Nineteenx
8th December 2021, 02:08 AM
4-29 Stokes gone what an absolute disastrous start to the ashes for England

redebreck
8th December 2021, 10:55 AM
140 something all out. Good start to the series for us. It's going to be a long series....

justme
8th December 2021, 11:44 PM
I use to be a massive England fan..And got ultra fked off at the pathetic nature of the performances. Now i don't care. because most of all they don't care. Just happy robbing a living.

redebreck
9th December 2021, 08:51 AM
I use to be a massive England fan..And got ultra fked off at the pathetic nature of the performances. Now i don't care. because most of all they don't care. Just happy robbing a living.

Never been a massive fan, but yes they are taking the piss.
Imagine if our Liverpool players took that attitude!

Kev0909
9th December 2021, 11:44 AM
Shambles and a disgrace

Nineteenx
11th December 2021, 01:29 AM
After offering some vague hope yesterday, both Root and Malan throw their wickets away in typical England batsman fashion in the first five overs in todays session and Pope joins in on the act in the same 5 overs too, only a Stokes and Butler wonder show can save England in this first test now and that's highly unlikely

Nineteenx
11th December 2021, 02:05 AM
Stokes gone, it's fucked now, England always do this, fucking disaster in the first innings, clawed themselves back in the game, only to throw it all away really early in the today's morning session, when with more care they could have batted for most of if not all of today, got a 150 plus lead and got at least a draw out of the game

Nineteenx
11th December 2021, 02:29 AM
Butler goes in typical fashion, just needlessly hanging his bat out at one to nick it to their WK, how many fucking times do we have to see an England batsman do that? It's a fucking joke, you never see an opposition batsman do that, we have to bowl the cunts out properly and work for it, work them and the ball really expertly to get the nick

Woakes and Robinson currently in England trail by 4 runs

reddownunder
11th December 2021, 02:29 AM
I was at the game yesterday and Root and Malan did a great job in wearing the Australian bowlers down in very warm conditions. With question marks over the fitness of Hazlewood I thought today was looking like more of the same but it's all changed in this morning session.

Australia's batting is just as fragile as England's so with Anderson and possibly Broad coming in for the next Test it should be an even series

Nineteenx
11th December 2021, 03:12 AM
All out, 8 wickets for 70 odd runs today, typical England

Australia need 20 runs after lunch for an all too easy first test victory

ianlfc
11th December 2021, 09:02 AM
I think that's what's known on this forum as "a right good bumming."

Nineteenx
11th December 2021, 08:51 PM
I think that's what's known on this forum as "a right good bumming."

It certainly is :D

redebreck
12th December 2021, 05:34 PM
Stuart Broad now saying he could have played at the Gabba.
Farcical.

reddownunder
16th December 2021, 03:38 AM
Cummins and Hazlewood are both out for the second test. England should win this one

redebreck
16th December 2021, 10:33 AM
Cummins and Hazlewood are both out for the second test. England should win this one

Australia 148-1 so far on the first day.
Just hoping the night time will see some swing from the England seamers.

reddownunder
16th December 2021, 01:06 PM
Stumps on day 1 with the hosts 221/2.

Butler dropping Labuschagne twice with the second being an absolute sitter late in the day.

Good day for Australia but the slow run rate means they haven't gotten away from England

redebreck
16th December 2021, 02:33 PM
Stumps on day 1 with the hosts 221/2.

Butler dropping Labuschagne twice with the second being an absolute sitter late in the day.

Good day for Australia but the slow run rate means they haven't gotten away from England

England's best bet is a draw, I feel. Not sure how our batting is going to stand up, with a large total to follow.

Nineteenx
16th December 2021, 08:21 PM
My brother watches the cricket far more than I, by his account there have long been calls for Butler to be replaced by another wicket keeper batsman (can't remember his name) who many fans believe to be far better suited to test cricket

redebreck
17th December 2021, 02:22 PM
England's best bet is a draw, I feel. Not sure how our batting is going to stand up, with a large total to follow.

England need a miracle, looking at the latest scores - Aus 470+ for 9, England 20+ for 2.
Disappointed with the overall performance. How much do these players earn these days?

reddownunder
18th December 2021, 11:27 AM
England all out for 236 and bizarrely Australia don't enforce the follow on which could come back to bite

redebreck
18th December 2021, 06:34 PM
England all out for 236 and bizarrely Australia don't enforce the follow on which could come back to bite

"resting" their bowlers, while wiping out England bowlers and remainder of the team.
Australia batted almost two days, first innings, while England toiled. Followed by England batting for less than one day, not too much work for the Australians fielding. Repeat.
England players will be wiped out and demoralised by the time they start second innings.

Kev0909
20th December 2021, 10:35 AM
Unbelievable.

Jos Buttler has trodden on his stumps.

Trying to take a single from the final ball, he goes right back to Jhye Richardson, but so far back his right heel nudges the off bail.

Australia are delirious, Buttler is crestfallen.

What a way to go.

After he did very well to survive as long as he did

Sums it up

reddownunder
21st December 2021, 10:28 AM
A brave fight by England on day 5 but just delaying the inevitable in the end.

If they can't find runs from someone other than Root or Malan then it appears that 5-0 awaits

redebreck
22nd December 2021, 08:59 AM
A brave fight by England on day 5 but just delaying the inevitable in the end.

If they can't find runs from someone other than Root or Malan then it appears that 5-0 awaits

Can't help feeling there's a distinct lack of discipline in the England batting. Could it be down to all the limited overs cricket being played these days?
Joe Root supposedly criticising the bowlers for a lack of "bravery". Doesn't bode well for the remainder of the series.

redebreck
27th December 2021, 12:07 PM
Third test. Bowlers bring England back into contention. England batsmen struggling again.
Don't know why they bother. Absolute farce.

reddownunder
27th December 2021, 01:07 PM
Can't help feeling there's a distinct lack of discipline in the England batting. Could it be down to all the limited overs cricket being played these days?
Joe Root supposedly criticising the bowlers for a lack of "bravery". Doesn't bode well for the remainder of the series.

I think the lack of domestic red ball matches played by the English team is a big part of the problem. I was reading a piece on espn cricket and there is a huge disparity between the number of domestic red ball matches played by England when compared to the Australian team

redebreck
28th December 2021, 01:55 AM
So, England lose the third test by an innings.
Absolute shambles. Should be ashamed of their performances.
English cricket needs a massive shake-up.

reddownunder
28th December 2021, 02:02 AM
Oh dear all over in just over an hour on the morning of day 3 as England are skittled for 68. Scott Boland takes 6 for 7 in 4 overs on debut.

Kev0909
28th December 2021, 04:16 PM
Seems like they've give up on test cricket

Shame on them, what a mess.

Big changes needed

Disgusting

Unacceptable

Come on boris, sort them out.

redebreck
14th January 2022, 11:59 PM
'We need to reset domestic red-ball cricket' - ECB chief exec Harrison
(BBC Sports website)
England & Wales Cricket Board need to review County five day games in order to get the players back into Test Cricket frame of mind.

redebreck
16th January 2022, 11:44 AM
What can you say about the England cricket team?
It's soon to be 4-0 to Australia, and England barely scraped a draw in the other test.

Kev0909
16th January 2022, 01:44 PM
Should of all come down with false positives..... or find someone that is positive to do a test for the. lolz

justme
16th January 2022, 02:27 PM
Ive been watching cricket since the mid 1990s. we had some shit team in the 90s. but this is far worse.. what a terrible bunch of shits. apart from Root. Robinson and Broad. in this 11 the rest are shit

Martyboy
16th January 2022, 04:52 PM
Ive been watching cricket since the mid 1990s. we had some shit team in the 90s. but this is far worse.. what a terrible bunch of shits. apart from Root. Robinson and Broad. in this 11 the rest are shit

I can remember back till the summer of '77....Worst batting line-up I can remember....too much 20/20,one day game mentality plus talent...Shyte!...:(

jozza800
16th January 2022, 09:44 PM

That team of the 90s would have competed against this Australian side.

They were a little unlucky to be facing one of the best Australian sides of all time and far better Windies and South African teams.

Atherton, Stewart, Thorpe, Hussain and Gough would have easily walked into this side. Even failed 90s players like Hick and Ramprekash would have faired better today.

Worst England side I've ever seen. By a long way!

Nineteenx
24th January 2022, 12:48 AM
Seems like they've give up on test cricket

Shame on them, what a mess.

Big changes needed

Disgusting

Unacceptable

Come on boris, sort them out.

Lol

redebreck
27th January 2022, 11:56 AM
Australia women 327-7 after being 43-3.
English women's cricket team trying hard to emulate the men's side!