PDA

View Full Version : Cricket - Joe root steps down

scientificred
15th April 2022, 05:26 PM
In no other game in my opinion can a captain have such a huge influence on a game it is a really tough job. Not only the 5 days on the pitch but also the backroom and media stuff. Test match cricket is a real test. I hope it remains so. Who is next?

jozza800
16th April 2022, 10:59 PM
In no other game in my opinion can a captain have such a huge influence on a game it is a really tough job. Not only the 5 days on the pitch but also the backroom and media stuff. Test match cricket is a real test. I hope it remains so. Who is next?

I hope it isn't Stokes. But the problem we have is that Root and Stokes aside, nobody else is guaranteed a regular place in the side nevermind being long-term captain.

Nineteenx
17th April 2022, 11:47 AM
Some talk about Broad taking it on short term, having not long returned from mental health issues, I don't think Stokes should go anywhere near it

justme
17th April 2022, 12:53 PM
It just about sums up the thinking of the ECB.. they don't play either Anderson or Broad in the West-Indies then bring back Broad to be captain (if it happens) They may consider Bairstow.. Otherwise sod knows whos getting it

jozza800
28th April 2022, 11:40 AM
I hope it isn't Stokes. But the problem we have is that Root and Stokes aside, nobody else is guaranteed a regular place in the side nevermind being long-term captain.

Oh dear...

jozza800
14th June 2022, 05:46 PM

Oh dear...

Never had a doubt...

scientificred
15th June 2022, 11:52 AM
That pair of gingernuts turned that around quite spectacularly!
Mind you NZ should never have lost either of those tests considering the very first innings in both tests. They threw a lot of wickets away needlessly.

redebreck
2nd July 2022, 04:22 PM
Stuart Broad has had a brain fart today, test match versus India.
35 runs off one over - amazing.
England batsmen struggling before rain stops play.

scientificred
19th August 2022, 06:26 PM
Test match v SA was a proper test match. I hope test match cricket does not bow to the oneday format!