PDA

View Full Version : AJ vs USYK Rematch

fagin
18th July 2022, 04:53 AM
Tees i see you're long time idol is getting in the ring again with his destroyer.

Thank God i will watch it live before my trip to the UK

You're idol is in for a 2nd Ass whooping.

teesred
18th July 2022, 10:40 PM
Yeah .Im not expecting him to win but I hope he does. He's capable of it if he lets his hands go, if he could land early he has a chance.

I do like Usyk, there's nothing to dislike about him. He's obviously an amazing boxer but he's humble and sportsmanlike too.

fagin
19th July 2022, 08:46 PM
Yeah .Im not expecting him to win but I hope he does. He's capable of it if he lets his hands go, if he could land early he has a chance.

I do like Usyk, there's nothing to dislike about him. He's obviously an amazing boxer but he's humble and sportsmanlike too.

That's a fair and excellent assessment ! I see AJ fired and replaced his Trainer, but in the article i read Boxings knowledgeable experts claim, the time frame the new Trainer was given is too short to really make the difference.

AJ will never outbox USYK but as you say if he will just let his hands go,he's in with a good chance.

LFC vs PFC
19th July 2022, 11:35 PM
He needs to be a lot smarter too and lean on him. If you watch any of Fury's fights, he out-thinks his opponent and us constantly a pain in their arse by leaning on them, changing stance/tactics etc.
Watching AJ do the same thing for12 rounds in the last fight was embarrassing for a world champion.

teesred
20th July 2022, 12:20 PM
He needs to be a lot smarter too and lean on him. If you watch any of Fury's fights, he out-thinks his opponent and us constantly a pain in their arse by leaning on them, changing stance/tactics etc.
Watching AJ do the same thing for12 rounds in the last fight was embarrassing for a world champion.

Agree, Mcracken takes most of the blame for that. Absolute folly to keep sticking to the same plan. AJ was deluded too when he said he was surprised he didn't win as his corner told him he was. Absolute rubbish.
I don't often agree with Teddy Atlas as most of the time he talks absolute garbage but I agree when he said he thinks AJ is too good a loser. He doesn't seem to have that fire anymore. Hope he proves everyone wrong though.

fagin
20th August 2022, 06:01 PM
Well the big day has arrived for AJ - will he resurrect his career ? - or will Usyk remain champion ?

LFC vs PFC
20th August 2022, 10:56 PM
Let's forget about the boxing for a minute, how good is Saudi Arabia!?!?!

ianlfc
20th August 2022, 11:19 PM
Let's forget about the boxing for a minute, how good is Saudi Arabia!?!?!

They love a bit of racism over there. So AJ is with his own !!

ianlfc
21st August 2022, 12:15 AM
The judge who gave AJ the win needs his to go too spec savers.

fagin
21st August 2022, 12:17 AM
What a fight ! AJ showed up for this one and STILL wasn't good enough to beat USYK even though 1 judge has obvious eyesight issues.

LFC vs PFC
21st August 2022, 06:59 AM
Interviewer: AJ, how do you feel about Fury being regarded as the best heavyweight boxer and holding the record of most awkward post fight moment by singing American Pie?

AJ: Hold my beer.

fagin
21st August 2022, 07:41 AM
Just when nobody could imagine AJ sinking any lower,His tirade took over after throwing 2 of the belts out of the ring and leaving for the dressing room he returned taking the mike to tell everyone about his early troubled life,depriving the Champion USYK of his moments of celebration.........What a fucking loser !!!...........Totally unexpected from a former British World Champion.

ianlfc
21st August 2022, 08:48 AM
He lost all respect from most when he said during a BLM rally to "stop spending your money in "their" shops and economy and invest in black owned businesses".
Could you imagine what would've happened if Tyson Fury had said likewise about "their" shops ?

teesred
21st August 2022, 09:05 AM
Didn't get to see it. Sounds like it was a better show from AJ than last time out but Usyk just too good again.
Interesting to see where AJ goes now. Still lots of good fights out there for him.
Usyk saying he only wants to fight Fury, we'll see if Fury really wants that fight now.

CCTV
21st August 2022, 09:18 AM
Didn't get to see it. Sounds like it was a better show from AJ than last time out but Usyk just too good again.
Interesting to see where AJ goes now. Still lots of good fights out there for him.
Usyk saying he only wants to fight Fury, we'll see if Fury really wants that fight now.

It'll be Fury vs Usyk.

Then AJ v Wilder for position. Wilder a big hitter and the best box office fight AJ can take.
Big pressure to win for both men

CCTV
21st August 2022, 09:24 AM
He lost all respect from most when he said during a BLM rally to "stop spending your money in "their" shops and economy and invest in black owned businesses".
Could you imagine what would've happened if Tyson Fury had said likewise about "their" shops ?

Dunno, bout that Ian, there's a load of support for BLM. Very popular within the media, corporate and left.
And ye're all just gatchies to the travellers :D

Martyboy
22nd August 2022, 01:20 PM
For me AJ's always been overated....A slightly better Frank Bruno IMHO....Would like to see Fury or Wilder give him a beating...:)

teesred
22nd August 2022, 10:22 PM
For me AJ's always been overated....A slightly better Frank Bruno IMHO....Would like to see Fury or Wilder give him a beating...:)

Why would you like to see Wilder give him a beating? Overrated? Wilder is overrated in my opinion. Basically KOd tomato cans for 30 odd fights until he got his arse handed to him off Fury.
AJ has done more for British boxing than any other fighter I'd say. He transcends the sport.and that's where the jealousy comes from. I've never understood the hate for him from his own people. Lewis had that too, he got booed at Cardiff when he battered Bruno. He was only a Brit when it suited the bonehead British public.

Martyboy
22nd August 2022, 10:42 PM
Why would you like to see Wilder give him a beating? Overrated? Wilder is overrated in my opinion. Basically KOd tomato cans for 30 odd fights until he got his arse handed to him off Fury.
AJ has done more for British boxing than any other fighter I'd say. He transcends the sport.and that's where the jealousy comes from. I've never understood the hate for him from his own people. Lewis had that too, he got booed at Cardiff when he battered Bruno. He was only a Brit when it suited the bonehead British public.

Don't like my opinion??..I couldn't give a fuck!...I agree Wilder is a one punch(what a punch)one trick pony but I'd still like to see Wilder knock him out....Seeing Fury dismantle him too would be fun to watch...:rolleyes:

CCTV
23rd August 2022, 01:31 PM

How does he transcend the sport ?

Think the next fight for him is to fight Wilder. The 2 respective losers that set up the Fury v Usyk unifier, fighting for position.

teesred
23rd August 2022, 06:42 PM
How does he transcend the sport ?

Think the next fight for him is to fight Wilder. The 2 respective losers that set up the Fury v Usyk unifier, fighting for position.

Because he's known to people who don't even follow boxing. He's an icon who gets a ton of abuse and hate for some reason and that's before his BLM speech before that gets brought up.
Heavyweight boxing was on its arse before he came along. It wasn't getting big crowds and there was little interest.

He won't fight Wilder next. Not a chance. Wilder is fighting Helenius in October whilst AJ is talking about a December fight.
He needs to get a couple of wins now.so should take a couple of low risk fights en route to an eliminator for a belt.

CCTV
23rd August 2022, 09:11 PM
Because he's known to people who don't even follow boxing. He's an icon who gets a ton of abuse and hate for some reason and that's before his BLM speech before that gets brought up.
Heavyweight boxing was on its arse before he came along. It wasn't getting big crowds and there was little interest.

He won't fight Wilder next. Not a chance. Wilder is fighting Helenius in October whilst AJ is talking about a December fight.
He needs to get a couple of wins now.so should take a couple of low risk fights en route to an eliminator for a belt.

Honestly I've never heard much of him outside of boxing, but I don't follow boxing that much at all either. Not like a few of you lads on here.
Seen him on some TV shows and he seems like a nice enough fella and suits the media classes wants. Much more than Tyson fury the minority they don't like because of his Christian beliefs.

Guessing the Usyk v Fury fight is going ahead, with a rematch and possibly a third fight if its 1-1 after 2 fights. So there should be enough time for these two to figure it out and see whose set to be the next title fighter.

As a causal observer there doesn't seem to be much razzmatazz outside of these four. But as said just a very casual boxing fan.
They'll all get dogs abuse on social media.

teesred
23rd August 2022, 11:24 PM
Honestly I've never heard much of him outside of boxing, but I don't follow boxing that much at all either. Not like a few of you lads on here.
Seen him on some TV shows and he seems like a nice enough fella and suits the media classes wants. Much more than Tyson fury the minority they don't like because of his Christian beliefs.

Guessing the Usyk v Fury fight is going ahead, with a rematch and possibly a third fight if its 1-1 after 2 fights. So there should be enough time for these two to figure it out and see whose set to be the next title fighter.

As a causal observer there doesn't seem to be much razzmatazz outside of these four. But as said just a very casual boxing fan.
They'll all get dogs abuse on social media.

Yeah both Fury and AJ get plenty of abuse. Usyk doesn't as he's a likeable guy to pretty much everyone and the Ukraine situation also goes in his favour right now.
Theres posts going around from Frank Warren saying it's on but Fury is saying he wants the biggest payday ever for a fight. If he were to win I think he'd wrap in, undisputed would be the pinnacle for him and if it were to be a close fight ( which I think it would be) he wouldn't take the risk of a rematch. I think Usyk has a great chance though if it comes off, he's a puzzle that nobody has worked out yet.

fagin
24th August 2022, 03:59 AM
Nobody has been able to figure the FURY puzzle yet either

CCTV
27th August 2022, 12:43 PM
Yeah both Fury and AJ get plenty of abuse. Usyk doesn't as he's a likeable guy to pretty much everyone and the Ukraine situation also goes in his favour right now.
Theres posts going around from Frank Warren saying it's on but Fury is saying he wants the biggest payday ever for a fight. If he were to win I think he'd wrap in, undisputed would be the pinnacle for him and if it were to be a close fight ( which I think it would be) he wouldn't take the risk of a rematch. I think Usyk has a great chance though if it comes off, he's a puzzle that nobody has worked out yet.

I'd fancy Fury to beat Usyk. He'd offer a different challenge to AJ/Wilder.

If he wants money, which he clearly does the rematch stipulation offers a good avenue for income.

If he puts Usyk away I think he'd go for a fight with AJ in the UK.

CCTV
27th August 2022, 12:57 PM
I know Mike Tyson always speaks very highly of Ali, what do ye make of his take here on Ali v Tyson ?
For me Ali is the greatest.

https://youtube.com/shorts/zxWFVtTp6ew?feature=share

teesred
28th August 2022, 06:18 PM
I'd fancy Fury to beat Usyk. He'd offer a different challenge to AJ/Wilder.

If he wants money, which he clearly does the rematch stipulation offers a good avenue for income.

If he puts Usyk away I think he'd go for a fight with AJ in the UK.

Aye I think that's what will most likely happen. I think he'll edge Usyk on points. Belts probably have to be vacated, or atleast one or two. I could see him vacating all and fighting AJ in a non title fight just to complete his legacy.

scientificred
29th August 2022, 03:18 PM
I know Mike Tyson always speaks very highly of Ali, what do ye make of his take here on Ali v Tyson ?
For me Ali is the greatest.

https://youtube.com/shorts/zxWFVtTp6ew?feature=share
Always ridiculous to compare people from such different eras CCTV.
e.g. Ali would perhaps be a middleweight now?
Edited post addition.
Don't like boxing as a sport. Don't like the rhetoric and Ali's were amongst the worst!