PDA

View Full Version : Fabio Carvalho

shminkyred
24th July 2022, 10:59 AM
I didn't see a thread..
Just watched a few clips from leipzig game..

Baby face Coutinho??? Any one???

I like the cut of his jib!

Insidious
24th July 2022, 11:11 AM
He looks so, so promising.

Really excited to see what he can bring.

The future's looking bright.

Insidious
24th August 2022, 08:32 AM
Much as I want to block that Monday night match from my mind, was good to see this young lad come on and make himself busy.

Old Trafford isn't an easy place for a young player and he didn't exactly disgrace himself.

I hope he gets a start soon.

shminkyred
24th August 2022, 10:47 AM
Much as I want to block that Monday night match from my mind, was good to see this young lad come on and make himself busy.

Old Trafford isn't an easy place for a young player and he didn't exactly disgrace himself.

I hope he gets a start soon.
With this whole midfield debate we need to remember Klopp believes in coaching... Maybe he's not buying because he believes lads like this need the game time...he has a long term vision....

jozza800
24th August 2022, 11:06 AM
With this whole midfield debate we need to remember Klopp believes in coaching... Maybe he's not buying because he believes lads like this need the game time...he has a long term vision....

I initially thought that a few seasons ago where we didn't spend a bean. Thought he might have a crop of kids that might be about to come through but nobody other than Elliot and Jones has really come through.

Tyler Morton and the Polish Messi Musiolowski must be pretty close to the first team squad.

miller0863
24th August 2022, 11:43 AM
Bajcetic looks a very good midfield prospect but he’ll need a season long loan next season and see where he is after that.

Morton.. looks like a Championship player but who knows, Coady made it on the Prem, Wilson is there now and Neco Williams, so he may make it yet.

As for Musialowski…. He has played through the youth ranks with his head down, playing like the best kid in the school yard. One in a million of those types make it.

Jones even should have a loan season, to see if he can develop and learn how to positively affect a game, not just be a body on the pitch.

We need to bring a couple in, though FSG will be pointing at the additional year Klopp asked for Milly, the additional years of Henderson Klopp pushed for, Ox and Keita’s high wages, £200k a week for sick note Thiago.
And they would have a point to be fair. Klopp has not done enough to move on the salary drainers in the squad.

Steveo
24th August 2022, 12:09 PM
Agree with thhe above Miller BUT have to add that Thiago was always like this. Never had a great consistency record with fitness. YOu can't play him like a Gini..he isn't that robust, his game is different.

You buy him for the key games where you face players that can hurt you. You dare them to attack and wait for Thiago to kill them. You have to manage these players through a season. In current guise he is wasted to a degree. Like using a Ferrari on a dirt road. Can't be relying on him for the more physically combative games that we should be winning with relative ease. These are the games. for a more robust but less technical midfield. The fact that we so often drop points without him in these games forced Klopp to over use him imo. For instance - rest him for Home game with Wolves - and we have a much MUCH better chance of number 7.

That's 18 points dropped in the 15 games he has missed through injury since the start of last season 27 points from 45!!. He was also instrumental in us being in the champions league last term, without him we simply wouldn't have madd it. No senior CB's and no Captain and we took a lot of points in those games. 26 points from a possible 30..!

Looking at that it's clear we don't come close to a title challenge without him last term.

It's true though that IF he can't play enough games justification for him is massively reduced. imo it's Hendo - Milner - Keita and Oxlade.. they are all either not good enough - perennially unfit or too old.

He needs better players around him - Carvalho will probably be that but Thiago isn't getting any younger

Nineteenx
24th August 2022, 08:57 PM
Carvalho looks a fantastic young player, far superior to headless chickens Jones and Elliott already

justme
24th August 2022, 10:22 PM
Im glad Carvalho has started 50 games so far, for us so we can decide hes better than Elliot and Jones

ianlfc
24th August 2022, 11:14 PM
Im glad Carvalho has started 50 games so far, for us so we can decide hes better than Elliot and Jones

Them two have had their chance. They're pushing on a bit anyway so no chance of Jurgen moulding them into players now.

justme
24th August 2022, 11:20 PM
yeah! half a minute to prove yourself and if you don't ...and if you don't.. Its bye bye

Nineteenx
25th August 2022, 01:00 AM
yeah! half a minute to prove yourself and if you don't ...and if you don't.. Its bye bye

It isn't that, I haven't written either off at all, both needed loans and more loan time, Elliott was absolutely nowhere positionally and defensively in the last game, but hey let's just blame Trent and Mo for being poor for not having a player of the necessary experience and nous supporting them in attacking and defending

toshin
25th August 2022, 05:12 AM
Actually agree with 19x here

I feel a little for TAA, maybe he's being asked to continue doing what he does, while the mf and defence who covered for him no longer make the ground up as well.
If he doesn't try and create who else would have?
Milner, henderson, robbo, fabinho?

I do think he needs to stay back more, esp once Nunez is back and play longer balls to him when we don't want to take risks.

Carvalho also deserves a start in the firminho position. Let's see what he can do.

Insidious
25th August 2022, 07:42 AM
Elliott certainly needs to be aware of himself a bit more when it comes to the verticality of the pitch and the prospect of being caught in transition.

Ideally I'd like him in the CAM in a 4-2-3-1 so that his getting caught out is less costly, but we're not going to change the entire team shape purely to accommodate him and rightly so.

He'll learn - he'll have to. Saying this as someone who really rates him. There's some overzealousness to parts of his play at times, but it'll come. A shame he had the injury as he'd be further along his path by now.

Insidious
27th August 2022, 11:25 PM
A beautiful finish in front of the Kop.

He'll put a few defenders on their backsides this season with those twists and turns.

miller0863
27th August 2022, 11:29 PM
For both Elliott and Carvalho it’s goals and assists that will build their reputations

CCTV
28th August 2022, 07:58 PM
For both Elliott and Carvalho it’s goals and assists that will build their reputations

Agree wholeheartedly, both are attacking players and end product is vital.

Good that both got their goal yesterday, Salahs miss from 2 foot out costing Elliot an assist.

Kev0909
30th August 2022, 08:25 AM
I believe this lil gem will be the best signing we've made this season.

redebreck
30th August 2022, 12:08 PM
I just hope he cuts out his theatrics.
Other than that, I agree he's a gem.

shminkyred
31st August 2022, 10:15 PM
Baby Face Coutinho....... Im telling ya

miller0863
31st August 2022, 10:22 PM
Playerrrrrrrrr

HLOGI
31st August 2022, 10:22 PM

He is going to be even better. Imagine Harvey and this boy 4 or 5 years from now in a red shirt. Wow.

CCTV
31st August 2022, 10:32 PM

More tenacious than that :D

Nineteenx
31st August 2022, 10:36 PM
Our best young player by a distance

shminkyred
31st August 2022, 11:05 PM
He is going to be even better. Imagine Harvey and this boy 4 or 5 years from now in a red shirt. Wow.

with diaz as well

shminkyred
31st August 2022, 11:06 PM
More tenacious than that :D

but he does kinda look like him right???????:tongue-new:

Crimson Dynasty
31st August 2022, 11:08 PM
with diaz as well

.....and Nunez....

(if we can get his head straight and keep him off the crazy Suarez path)

Crimson Dynasty
31st August 2022, 11:11 PM
I knew he was going to be something special.

I watched a lot of his games with Fulham when he played with them last year, and him and Mitrovic were tearing up those defenses for fun.
I know it was just championship defenses but still, you could see the potential.

I believe he's making it harder and harder game by game for Klopp to justify keeping him out of the starting line-up.

Especially if the veterans keep under-performing and producing shite, or finding themselves constantly crocked.

justme
31st August 2022, 11:27 PM
Great finish that. under the bar.. no ones stopping that.. 2 goals in 2 sub apps in a row.. good start that.. long may it continue

HLOGI
1st September 2022, 12:15 AM
I knew he was going to be something special.

I watched a lot of his games with Fulham when he played with them last year, and him and Mitrovic were tearing up those defenses for fun.
I know it was just championship defenses but still, you could see the potential.

I believe he's making it harder and harder game by game for Klopp to justify keeping him out of the starting line-up.

Especially if the veterans keep under-performing and producing shite, or finding themselves constantly crocked.

Agree with him knocking hard on that door. But Harvey Elliot was massive as well. As they maybe bulk up a bit in physique and experience it will be a wow to have them both in an 11. Think a diamond formation in thr future will get the best out of them both in the same team, without having to make wither a put and out winger. They can rotate the 10 and 8 and drift wide as the 8 like what Harvey did tonight or second half. His occupation of the right opened up the game for Mo. He was like a 8 and a half but to the right wing.

HLOGI
1st September 2022, 12:16 AM
Great finish that. under the bar.. no ones stopping that.. 2 goals in 2 sub apps in a row.. good start that.. long may it continue

He has that 10 to 15 goals a season feel. He has that clever run into the box art as well. He could have scored earlier with good movement from a free kick.

CCTV
1st September 2022, 12:26 AM
https://youtu.be/Iuqo-FIDv6c

https://youtu.be/Iuqo-FIDv6c

On song and in tune 👍

Nineteenx
1st September 2022, 12:48 AM
Love this lad, miles better than one foot Elliott already an absolutely incredible signing and long term prospect

Kev0909
1st September 2022, 06:59 AM
I think i'm in love

justincredible
1st September 2022, 07:55 AM
I think i'm in love
With Nineteenx or Fabio?

justme
1st September 2022, 08:05 AM
With Nineteenx or Fabio?

With you

justincredible
1st September 2022, 08:19 AM
M. Mmmmmmm XXxX

jozza800
1st September 2022, 08:21 AM
Love this lad, miles better than one foot Elliott already an absolutely incredible signing and long term prospect

Cant you just post something without having a pop at one of the team?

Insidious
1st September 2022, 08:49 AM

Arjen Robben and Mo Salah have left the chat.

shminkyred
1st September 2022, 09:47 AM
I think i'm in love Kevin and Nineteen sitting in a tree...lol

Kev0909
1st September 2022, 11:08 AM
With Nineteenx or Fabio?

fabio the smooth sexy little silky beautiful brilliant gorgeous man

Kop On Portugal
1st September 2022, 11:56 AM
Fábio Carvalho... He will be great for us, he already are, so if he keep fit for the years to come, he will be a legend

dicko1969
24th January 2023, 03:36 PM
Where does he fit in the klopp plan ?

Steveo
24th January 2023, 04:38 PM
He featured in our only success of late, he hasn’t been given much of a chance. I thought he pressed well from the front v Wolves. He has genuine quality. Seems a little unsure of his role.

It must be said - Klopp doesn’t seem clear on how to use him

jozza800
24th January 2023, 05:48 PM
He featured in our only success of late, he hasn’t been given much of a chance. I thought he pressed well from the front v Wolves. He has genuine quality. Seems a little unsure of his role.

It must be said - Klopp doesn’t seem clear on how to use him

I like his tenacity, same with Elliot, Doak and Bacjetic. But that might just be youthful enthusiasm!

Carvalho reminds me so much of Luis Garcia. Plays 'on his toes' and is never really in full control of the ball and loses the ball, a lot. But then he'll go and do something brilliant.

Jenson78
24th January 2023, 06:45 PM
Carvalho played consistently for Fulham, hardly missed a game and was one of the main reason for Fulham getting promoted. He was getting lumps kicked out of him in the championship, surely can cope with the premiership. Klopp should be finding a place for him in the starting 11 and play him regularly, thats what he needs.

Kev0909
24th January 2023, 07:26 PM
Should have a loan to a lower club if he's not playing

he needs to play or his growth will stumble

scientificred
24th January 2023, 09:20 PM
We seem to have a lot of players that prefer to play from left
Diaz, Jota, Nunez, carvalho, jones, doak, gakpo

reddownunder
24th January 2023, 11:12 PM
Should loan him back to Fulham for the rest of the season if he's not going to play

dicko1969
25th January 2023, 12:22 AM
Out of curiosity does anyone know what position (s) he should be playing ?

faridtoxteth
25th January 2023, 12:33 AM
We seem to have a lot of players that prefer to play from left
Diaz, Jota, Nunez, carvalho, jones, doak, gakpo

In the youth games Doak played almost exclusively on the right, and seemed to thrive there.

dicko1969
25th January 2023, 12:36 AM
Yeah , Doak on the right for u18s and u21s .

It has been a huge step for Doak these last 18months.

So hard these days to get into the first team aged 17 18 19 as a forward player like Robbie or Michael did in the 90s.

CCTV
25th January 2023, 01:51 AM

Carvlho career stats off Transfermarkt - including under 18 & 21

Played as.............. Apps - Goals - Assists
Attacking Midfield 70 ....... 28 ........14
Central Midfield.... 17 ....... 10 .........4
Right Midfield........ 14 ........ 6 ..........6
Left Winger............ 12 ........ 1 .........1
Left Midfield........... 5 ......... 1 .........1
Right Winger........... 3 ........ 0 .........2
Centre-Forward...... 2 ......... 1 ..........0
Second Striker........ 1 ......... 0 ..........0

Fulham (Senior)
Played 44 - 3,288 minutes - Scored 12 Assisted 8

Played as............... Apps - Goals - Assists
Attacking Midfield .. 29 ...... 6 ..........5
Central Midfield....... 10 ...... 5 ..........3
Centre-Forward ........ 2 ....... 1 ..........0
Left Winger .............. 1 ....... 0 ..........0
Right Winger ............ 1 ....... 0 ..........0-

LFC (Senior)
Played 18 - 629 minutes- Scored 3

Played as.......... Apps - Goals - Assists
Left Winger ........ 6 ......... 1 ........ 0
Attacking Mid..... 3 ......... 1 ........ 0
Left Midfield ...... 2 ......... 0 ........ 0
Central Midfield.. 2 ......... 1 ........ 0

reddownunder
25th January 2023, 02:18 AM

He's a no. 10 in a team that doesn't play with a no. 10 so I really don't know how he fits.

Jenson78
25th January 2023, 05:41 PM
Playing for Fulham he was mainly behind Mitrovic in a number 10 role, they worked well together.

dicko1969
25th January 2023, 06:19 PM
I like the 433 , klopp loves it too.

But the 3 in midfield don't have the legs.

Maybe 4231 could be better.

Bajcetic (fab) Thiago (hendo)

Salah .... Carvalho (Gakpo) Darwin (Diaz)

........... striker (Bobby Jota Gakpo Darwin)

Alisson

TAA VVD Konaté Robbo

BAJCETIC THIAGO

Salah ... Gakpo (Carvalho).. Diaz

........... Darwin.

I think Carvalho needs to find a position where he gets games and gets familiarity.

Same goes for Gakpo.