PDA

View Full Version : Benevolent Tyson Fury

fagin
6th September 2022, 04:52 AM
So Tyson Fury is Offering to put his (WBC belt) on the line for a fight with Joshua in December in a Battle of Britain,because Usyk won't be ready to fight until next year.

Obviously Joshua can't believe his lucky stars because he sure as hell dosen't deserve it.

ianlfc
6th September 2022, 09:13 AM
The big man must be worth some money.

Martyboy
6th September 2022, 10:56 AM
Hopefully this'll happen....Wanna see Fury smash him...:)

fagin
6th September 2022, 08:13 PM
Hopefully this'll happen....Wanna see Fury smash him...:)

Me too...i think it could well be a bigger venue than the proposed Fury vs Usyk fight next year

fagin
7th September 2022, 03:34 AM
Fury has offered Joshua a very handsome 60/40 purse myself it should be closer to 70/30 plus he'd still have took it

ianlfc
7th September 2022, 07:27 AM
Me too...i think it could well be a bigger venue than the proposed Fury vs Usyk fight next year

I'd say Old Trafford. He's a Utd fan and it could happen during the world cup in December.

teesred
7th September 2022, 02:46 PM
Won't happen. I'd be amazed if it does.
WBC don't have AJ in their top 10 but are saying Fury is in a "voluntary state" after his mandatory fight in April. Cant see the likes of Joyce and Parker being happy either that. They are 3rd snd 4th ranked and have been toiling for years, AJ suddenly gets a title fight without being ranked. Yet more evidence of how bent boxing is.

teesred
7th September 2022, 02:48 PM
I'd say Old Trafford. He's a Utd fan and it could happen during the world cup in December.

Cardiff principality already booked allegedly. An outdoor fight in December? Cant think of one ever happening before in winter.
If it does happen it'll be in Saudi.

ianlfc
7th September 2022, 03:56 PM
Cardiff principality already booked allegedly. An outdoor fight in December? Cant think of one ever happening before in winter.
If it does happen it'll be in Saudi.

They'll close the roof then. I was lucky enough to be at the 2003 league Cup final against Man Utd and the roof was closed. The atmosphere was amazing, unbelievable in fact !!

teesred
7th September 2022, 05:37 PM
Fury saying Old Trafford is available on 12th Nov but Wembley and Cardiff available in December too.

fagin
7th September 2022, 08:31 PM
Fury saying Old Trafford is available on 12th Nov but Wembley and Cardiff available in December too.

Wherever the final choice it is sure to be a sellout

teesred
13th September 2022, 03:03 PM
3rd December. AJ accepts Furys offer.
Whats amazing about this and an example of the pure bullshit and corruption in boxing is that AJ has never fought under the WBC and they've instated him as rank 6.
Parker,Joyce and Ruiz have all been toiling for title fights and have been bypassed. No mention of them at all. Theres no current WBC mandatory after Whyte lost in April, It's strange how they've instated him as 6th and that still shouldn't be a title challenge.
Ill still be shocked if this happens.

CCTV
16th September 2022, 01:03 AM
3rd December. AJ accepts Furys offer.
Whats amazing about this and an example of the pure bullshit and corruption in boxing is that AJ has never fought under the WBC and they've instated him as rank 6.
Parker,Joyce and Ruiz have all been toiling for title fights and have been bypassed. No mention of them at all. Theres no current WBC mandatory after Whyte lost in April, It's strange how they've instated him as 6th and that still shouldn't be a title challenge.
Ill still be shocked if this happens.

It's what the public wants, so I can see it happening.

AJ's taken a knock v Ruiz iirc and Usyk. But he's still a top fighter and has a decent chance v Fury, who I'd favour.

ianlfc
3rd December 2022, 11:09 PM
Big miss match this against Chishora

fagin
5th December 2022, 04:47 AM
Big miss match this against Chishora

Most definitely, but i think when AJ's camp didn't make the fight happen.Fury gave a retirement payoff for a long time British fighter who exercised his right to this fight.
Probably good for Fury in as much was getting ring rusty,with an upcoming Usyk fight on the horizon

ianlfc
26th February 2023, 11:19 PM
His kid brother Tommy fighting a youtuber. It's definitely got people talking if nothing else.

Kev0909
26th February 2023, 11:24 PM
His kid brother Tommy fighting a youtuber. It's definitely got people talking if nothing else.

Boxing has become a joke... all about the money...... probably fixed too.

ianlfc
26th February 2023, 11:25 PM
Boxing has become a joke... all about the money...... probably fixed too.

I fancy his Da to come into the ring and knock him out !!

ianlfc
27th February 2023, 12:09 AM
Fury won easily, but bloody hell one judge gave it too Paul .

Martyboy
27th February 2023, 12:12 AM
£7 million purse shared I heard the commentator say before the start.....Both have a lot to learn at any decent level I'd say,millionaires already though....:eek:

fagin
27th February 2023, 06:43 AM
Fury won easily, but bloody hell one judge gave it too Paul .

Coincidentally, he was the American judge where Paul resides.

Insidious
11th March 2023, 07:10 PM
Usyk v Fury for April?

fagin
12th March 2023, 06:57 AM
Usyk v Fury for April?

Hope you're right there mate !

Insidious
13th March 2023, 05:52 PM
Hope you're right there mate !

Would be a smashing fight to see.

I have a lot of time for Usyk. Verbally agreeing to only taking 30% of the purse shows it's more about the belt than the money - though he would still make loads.

Intriguingly Fury has been chatting nonsense about a rematch clause and how there shouldn't be one - it's not a great look for him that, makes him look like he wants to duck the fight to someone like me who admittedly doesn't follow Boxing particularly closely.

Usyk's footwork and stamina is unreal. I know Fury has done 12-rounders before but not against someone like Usyk - I'd be so curious to see how a bout between those two would go if it reached a seventh/eigth/ninth round.

teesred
13th March 2023, 06:54 PM
Basically Usyk has called his bluff. He's made ridiculous demands like he did for AJ to try and make it impossible for Usyk to accept. Problem for Fury is Usyk wants the belts not the money.
I'm not Furys biggest fan but even his ardent supporters can see he's made a tosser of himself on this upto now.
He talks a lot of rubbish,ill fight for free etc etc when he's being incredibly greedy on the split but Usyk has batted that back at him and it remains to be seen if it happens. At this point it's only the IBF who've said the fights happening and that's why the mandatory between Usyk and Dubois hasn't been ordered.
No official word from either camp yet.

I hope it does happen as it'll be a fight between the two best in the division. I think Fury will win but it should be intriguing as Usyk is an unbelievably good boxer and I think it'll be Furys biggest test.

Martyboy
13th March 2023, 07:54 PM
Good posts there chaps(sid and tees)...I'm a Fury fan but it does kind of look like he's trying to duck Usyk which if true is a shame....Would be a great fight if it happens...:)

Insidious
13th March 2023, 10:42 PM
https://youtu.be/qMthSOjK_2c

Decent little doc (a few years old now, pre-Joshua fights) on Usyk.

I respect both men (Usyk moreso admittedly) and hopefully the fight happens and provides good entertainment.

In general terms with fighters I have always preferred the quieter/thoughtful types probably because it's a little more towards what I am and louder "I'm going to break your face" sorts just take me back to insecure and noisy lads at school who were much taller/heavier than me giving me stick because they knew I couldn't retaliate - nothing impressive about being physically imposing and flexing on a slightly built fella.

So the McGregor/Naseem/Haye types are the ones I love to see getting smacked around - and they know that of course which sells fights which I find all the more sad but hey ho.

teesred
22nd March 2023, 12:35 PM
The fight that was never on is now off.
What a tit Fury is. Never wanted it the same as he had no intention of fighting AJ. Making ridiculous demands to ensure it doesn't happen and then blames the other fighter.

Insidious
23rd March 2023, 01:48 PM
Intriguingly Fury has been chatting nonsense about a rematch clause and how there shouldn't be one - it's not a great look for him that, makes him look like he wants to duck the fight to someone like me who admittedly doesn't follow Boxing particularly closely.

Sigh.

Not overly surprising but nonetheless disappointing that we have had a delay.

The fight should bloody happen. Amazing how much time can elapse in Boxing and how unwilling people are at times to take certain fights on (prime Golovkin v Mayweather would have been entertaining) given the hype that can surround them.

Again, as a very casual/outside viewer this problem doesn't seem anything like as prevalent in UFC? People taking fights on short notice seems to happen there, versus something like Fury and Joshua which was being talked about something like 12 years ago and still hasn't come to fruition.

Give us the Usyk v Fury bout dang nabbit!

teesred
1st April 2023, 11:40 PM
Absolute shite performance from AJ. He's finished. 12 RDS against a guy who was working in a roofing factory 18 months ago.

fagin
2nd April 2023, 04:32 AM
Absolute shite performance from AJ. He's finished. 12 RDS against a guy who was working in a roofing factory 18 months ago.

He said after the fight his next fight will be in the summer and believes he is ready for Fury as he called him out.
In the crowd were heavyweights including Wilder,who i think he needs to face before spouting about Fury.I think Wilder would definitely finish him.

In today"s fight Franklin not only took and absorbed AJ's best shots and started to win his 3 rounds towards the end of the fight,when AJ should have been in total control.AJ should have been able to finish him,but couldn't.

AJ hit Franklin to the head after the end of the fight creating quite a melee,with cornermen etc getting involved.

teesred
2nd April 2023, 10:05 AM
Joe Joyce would take him down too. He was so poor, the likes of Bunce were saying that wasn't the fight we wanted but maybe the fight he needed.
He needed to make a statement and that wasn't it, not one heavyweight would be afraid of going in with him now. He never once wobbled Franklin who to be fair was game as f#&k but there's no doubt at all AJ should be wiping the floor with him.
It's all about the money for him and Fury now. It's ruined the whole thing, there could have been some great match ups but both of them will have their mega fight at Wembley and sail off into the sunset with a squillion pounds each.

fagin
2nd April 2023, 10:11 PM
Joe Joyce would take him down too. He was so poor, the likes of Bunce were saying that wasn't the fight we wanted but maybe the fight he needed.
He needed to make a statement and that wasn't it, not one heavyweight would be afraid of going in with him now. He never once wobbled Franklin who to be fair was game as f#&k but there's no doubt at all AJ should be wiping the floor with him.
It's all about the money for him and Fury now. It's ruined the whole thing, there could have been some great match ups but both of them will have their mega fight at Wembley and sail off into the sunset with a squillion pounds each.

Good analysis mate,I think your right about all the other heavyweights lack of fear of him.
I don't see him ever winning another belt ,there's just too many really good hungry fighters out there.Not just Brits but the American contingent is packed with top fighters as well.
Think AJ will be become just another in the long line,wanting another shot at a title,but in his case i don't think he has any pull to get the shot.

teesred
5th April 2023, 08:23 AM
Good analysis mate,I think your right about all the other heavyweights lack of fear of him.
I don't see him ever winning another belt ,there's just too many really good hungry fighters out there.Not just Brits but the American contingent is packed with top fighters as well.
Think AJ will be become just another in the long line,wanting another shot at a title,but in his case i don't think he has any pull to get the shot.

Aye I don't see him being a champion again. I hate saying that too because as you know I'm a fan of his but the fire has gone. He should have been reinvigorated on Saturday night and it was the total opposite.