PDA

View Full Version : This country (the UK) has gone to shit. Discuss.

redebreck
27th October 2022, 11:07 PM
It's just like watching Liverpool having to put up with incompetent and corrupt officials,
week after week.
Whether you agree or think otherwise, post your thoughts.
I'm going to post some of the fuck-ups that have affected me and my family when I get the chance to put them down clearly. Really believe the UK has gone to the dogs.

ianlfc
28th October 2022, 07:36 AM
Count yourself lucky you don't live in Northern Ireland.

Kev0909
29th October 2022, 10:03 PM
Count yourself lucky you don't live in Northern Ireland.

Yeah!! you live there!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course we're all lucky we don't live there

teesred
31st October 2022, 12:37 AM
It's just like watching Liverpool having to put up with incompetent and corrupt officials,
week after week.
Whether you agree or think otherwise, post your thoughts.
I'm going to post some of the fuck-ups that have affected me and my family when I get the chance to put them down clearly. Really believe the UK has gone to the dogs.

It has and the start of it was Boris fucking Johnson, the damage that cunt has done to this country is immeasurable.
He took nationalism from ukip and gave all the bigots a platform that resulted in brexit. We've never recovered and never will. He sold the UK off for profit on a massive bunch of lies and corruption.
The Tories have always been shit but he took it to a whole new level, the last 12 years have fucked the UK.

redebreck
1st November 2022, 07:24 PM
As shit as the UK is, we are still having record numbers of "asylum seekers" and illegal migrants flooding in.

teesred
1st November 2022, 09:22 PM
As shit as the UK is, we are still having record numbers of "asylum seekers" and illegal migrants flooding in.

Aye,good job Brexit sorted it out ...........

CCTV
4th November 2022, 04:00 AM
https://youtu.be/DnPmg0R1M04

CCTV
4th November 2022, 04:01 AM
https://youtu.be/663vLIYBcpI

scientificred
15th November 2022, 02:17 PM
I think the Tory party and all its 200k+ members should put up a huge collective fund from their huge collective wealth to help cover the black hole of debt that has ensued following their private election of Liz Truss for PM and the subsequent damage to our economy and the impossible costs placed on the poor and young people in our society.

redebreck
17th November 2022, 12:01 PM
I think the Tory party and all its 200k+ members should put up a huge collective fund from their huge collective wealth to help cover the black hole of debt that has ensued following their private election of Liz Truss for PM and the subsequent damage to our economy and the impossible costs placed on the poor and young people in our society.

Yeah, right.
And that's just for starters.

shminkyred
8th December 2022, 07:05 PM
The wWorld has gone to shit.....

It feels like we are living through the first scenes of the film Flash Gordon....

shminkyred
8th December 2022, 07:07 PM

Should be a tax on being in the tory party and another tax if you voted for them

Daffydd
8th December 2022, 09:17 PM
The wWorld has gone to shit.....

It feels like we are living through the first scenes of the film Flash Gordon....

Only Dr. Hans Jerkov (formerly at NASA) has provided any explanation

shminkyred
8th December 2022, 09:23 PM
Aye,good job Brexit sorted it out ...........

and the Billions that brexit would save and the money could sort out the NHS..... It was on the side of a Bus fronted by bo jo the clown so it had to be true

fiordearg
21st December 2022, 08:37 AM
Jeremy Clarkson and The Scum proving once again what a vile rag it is and cannot be trusted as a source of news.

scientificred
23rd December 2022, 05:35 PM
Should be a tax on being in the tory party and another tax if you voted for them
My thoughts remain, and as you say!

dicko1969
25th December 2022, 12:43 AM
More racist
More divided
More hate
Than ever before.
Seems a very sad world , money orientation.

scientificred
27th December 2022, 12:22 AM
More racist
More divided
More hate
Than ever before.
Seems a very sad world , money orientation.
But there are peoples/communities/individuals rising to some of those challenges.
Not just free meals or food banks or heat banks but interesting designs like this one about crisp packets being turned into something like space blankets for the homeless, and indeed those in cold homes
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/making-lifesaving-blankets-out-of-crisp-packets#:~:text=A%20blanket%20made%20from%20crisp, use%20plastic%20going%20to%20landfill.
It is interesting as to how far this/or future governments will be pleased that others are taking such care of what in my opinion is a government responsibility, or else take action lest those such others may indeed rise up against them one day

justincredible
27th December 2022, 09:57 AM
It's The Kalergi Plan playing right out in front of us. When you vote, you're voting for an illusion.....
Look at the most beautiful city in the world, Paris.... it's now a burning cesspit.
There's no voting our way out of this, but the tide (people power) has to turn soon....

Martyboy
23rd January 2023, 04:31 AM
It's The Kalergi Plan playing right out in front of us. When you vote, you're voting for an illusion.....
Look at the most beautiful city in the world, Paris.... it's now a burning cesspit.
There's no voting our way out of this, but the tide (people power) has to turn soon....

Yep absolutely.....Think millions around the world are waking up to this now which is good...Still far too many FAST asleep though...:(

redebreck
23rd January 2023, 08:43 PM
Yep absolutely.....Think millions around the world are waking up to this now which is good...Still far too many FAST asleep though...:(

People need to take to the streets.
Problem in the UK is that people don't react. The French had/have the right idea.

shminkyred
6th February 2023, 09:16 PM
I thought we would be living in a roddenberristic universe by now.....

redebreck
16th February 2023, 08:23 PM
What does it say about the UK when we have poverty, food-banks, people unable to afford heating and/or food, homelessness, armed forces veterans living on the streets.
While energy companies are earning obscene fortunes, and "the elite" are rolling in wealth?

teesred
22nd February 2023, 02:52 PM
Any of you people watched any Adam Curtis films? A lot are currently on iPlayer and well worth watching.
Hypernormalisation
Can't get you out of my head
The power of nightmares

All very thought provoking and really quite grim and depressing views of the post war world we live in.

Daffydd
22nd February 2023, 05:00 PM
What does it say about the UK when we have poverty, food-banks, people unable to afford heating and/or food, homelessness, armed forces veterans living on the streets.
While energy companies are earning obscene fortunes, and "the elite" are rolling in wealth?

In the past year the UK has donated $5billion to the Ukraine war.

redebreck
23rd February 2023, 07:39 PM
Any of you people watched any Adam Curtis films? A lot are currently on iPlayer and well worth watching.
Hypernormalisation
The power of nightmares

All very thought provoking and really quite grim and depressing views of the post war world we live in.

BBC, ITV, CH4, CH5? (sorry, just being lazy)

teesred
25th February 2023, 11:14 AM
BBC, ITV, CH4, CH5? (sorry, just being lazy)

BBC iPlayer.

redebreck
25th February 2023, 03:24 PM
Thank you, tees

CCTV
26th February 2023, 03:25 PM
Hypernormalisation
The power of nightmares

He makes a good documentary imo, I've posted a bit in the petrodollar thread on modernity, and going to bump it again to deal with a few topics from one of the world Cup threads.

Steveo had a little issue with English people being mostly grand as I said to HLOGI, a small matter.
AND there was steveos immigration issue, a very lefty presentation devoid of a touch of realism, and without reference to the realities of increasing diversity.
Theres also the reality, or paradox, that whilst people find such virtue in refugees/immigrants there will be an incentive to keep the drivers of immigration in place. A no war world, might see no virtue signalling benefit derived from refugees, no standing with raytheon in Ukraine
Here Curtis is also a bit head in the sand as its a value such people cherish, whilst often very perturbed by similar consequences from income inequality.
I get it over here now, like Ireland is supposed to be a nation of immigrants because of social media thinking, Like America the original nation of immigrants, so diverse after the displacement of natives into an ethnic minority in their own lands. Irelands history is as a nation of fuck off outsider.

Then there's Eggys - will there be a rise in Fascism as a simple comment/query.
Sadly this word is very loaded, and rarely used rightly.
Fascism as defined by Mussolini is the fusion of state and corporate. By this metric, diversity is our strength is a central tenant of western fascism.
Even the tories maligned as racists, had Lizz truss proud as punch reveling in the reality that none of the top 4 posts in the UK were held by a white man.
Instead so diverse, labour so for diversity they covered up child rapes which tories have done little about, colleges diversity, nhs diversity, Police rainbow dildo cars #diversity, even the army's gone woke, corporations so woke, even raytheon has vaginas in the board.

It's all so diverse, everything must be going the right way :D

http://archive.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/

ianlfc
17th June 2023, 10:14 PM
I was in the shop earlier and noticed its now £1.10 for a twix chocolate bar !!

Insidious
23rd June 2023, 09:54 PM
"It doesn't matter who you vote for, the Government always gets in"

teesred
23rd June 2023, 10:16 PM
Saw a great Tweet earlier. Can we just not let the worst people in humanity be in charge of us for just once.

redebreck
25th June 2023, 07:15 PM
Saw a great Tweet earlier. Can we just not let the worst people in humanity be in charge of us for just once.

Cat Stevens (at Glastonbury) apparently said something along the lines of
"put all the leaders into a cage at London zoo".

scientificred
2nd October 2023, 03:44 PM
Any sign of levelling up!

scientificred
2nd October 2023, 09:05 PM
Any sign of levelling up!
Anyone anywhere in the regions?
Any sign?

redebreck
28th March 2024, 04:58 PM
South East England has all the money.
Anywhere else is fecked.

scientificred
1st April 2024, 01:55 PM
South East England has all the money.
Anywhere else is fecked.
Keir Starter has apparently recently praised BJ for his levelling up agenda.
Problem is that it was a vote-winning agenda with no actual commitment afterwards.
Personally I think taxes have to go up massively to restore decent public services.

redebreck
1st April 2024, 05:58 PM
Keir Starter has apparently recently praised BJ for his levelling up agenda.
Problem is that it was a vote-winning agenda with no actual commitment afterwards.
Personally I think taxes have to go up massively to restore decent public services.

Why don't they just tax all the greedy bustards who have grown rich from COVID and the wars that have happened in the past 20 years?

Martyboy
7th April 2024, 03:21 PM
Why don't they just tax all the greedy bustards who have grown rich from COVID and the wars that have happened in the past 20 years?

Pffft!...More chance of me and you being kicked to death by butterflies!.....:(

redebreck
8th April 2024, 11:13 AM
Forgot to mention privatisation - Conservative government privatised everything in the 1980s, including gas and electricity. Think about that when you look at your gas and electricity bills.
They also of course handed North Sea Oil to their already rich mates.

redebreck
26th April 2024, 04:42 PM
Post Office Inquiry.
Covering their arses.
Typical of so-called leaders in the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-68893655

Nineteenx
28th April 2024, 04:11 AM
It went to shit a long time ago, shit just got worse