PDA

View Full Version : Boxing-Double Headlining Bouts

fagin
19th April 2023, 10:43 PM
Eddie Hearn is supposedly working on a double super fight in Saudi Arabia this year.The fight will be worth 322mill.
The fighters Fury vs Osyk and Joshua vs Wilder,this will be some venue if it's made.

teesred
20th April 2023, 02:44 PM
Rumours are gathering pace about this. Would be good.

Insidious
21st April 2023, 07:58 AM
We need that Fury v Usyk fight.

teesred
21st April 2023, 04:08 PM
Looks like AJ Wilder is happening.
I wonder if it's going to be a knockout tournament like the super six series. They were very good, Usyk win the cruiserweight one,Callum Smith won super middleweight. Andre Ward won the middleweight. They had some quality fights.
There's no easy fights and they have to be on their game.

ianlfc
26th August 2023, 11:26 PM
Dubois was robbed there. No way was that punch below the belt.

fagin
27th August 2023, 12:36 AM
I thought the camera view showed a poor view catching the end of the blow.My view the punch came up under the belt with most of the glove on the belt but part of the glove under the belt.
It looked to me as the glove glanced off the top of the cup before hitting the belt.

teesred
27th August 2023, 07:39 AM
I think it's on the beltline, below naval area so low blow for me.

ianlfc
3rd September 2023, 08:43 AM
Liam Smith got his arse handed to him last night by Eubank jr from start to finish.
He looked very leggy and never got going at all were as Eubank looked very good.
His ankles were giving way a few times which was strange.

teesred
3rd September 2023, 08:49 AM
I was surprised, I had Smith for a repeat of the last one but Eubank Jr was dominant. Maybe Smith got complacent?
Difficult to see Smith going anywhere now whereas Eubank Jr can carry on, especially if he can keep up that type of form.

Insidious
4th September 2023, 12:01 AM
Liam Smith got his arse handed to him last night by Eubank jr from start to finish.
He looked very leggy and never got going at all were as Eubank looked very good.
His ankles were giving way a few times which was strange.

Very casual follower here so bear that in mind but I imagine the drop in weight having had the previous injury was a problem - all his punches seemed to lack elasticity/snap and he looked sluggish and that was before getting caught in the fourth(?) round.

I wonder if he had the time to cut the weight at a more gradual pace if he would have performed better.

With Boxing I am just more annoyed than anything about an Usyk v Fury fight not happening. Seems wild to me. I get they can easily organise other fights and get mega-money but there must come a stage where you have enough and legacy matters more?

teesred
29th September 2023, 06:46 PM
Looks like it's on. Again. Until Fury puts a spanner in the works. Again......

fagin
29th September 2023, 08:44 PM
Looks like it's on. Again. Until Fury puts a spanner in the works. Again......

Let's HOPE he comes through the farcical exhibition matchup with Ngannou uninjured or that could be "the spanner."
Otherwise this could well be a very entertaining event the general public want to see happen.

fagin
23rd October 2023, 10:51 PM
I see the Media are trying to regurgitate the addition of Wilder Vs Joshua on the Fury Vs Usyk fight in Saudhi around April.
The main question for Boxing fans is : Will either fight actually take place ?

CCTV
24th October 2023, 07:49 PM
I see the Media are trying to regurgitate the addition of Wilder Vs Joshua on the Fury Vs Usyk fight in Saudhi around April.
The main question for Boxing fans is : Will either fight actually take place ?

At this point, no.

ianlfc
26th October 2023, 10:17 PM
Who the fuck is going to pay £21.95 to watch the Fury fight at the weekend ?

fagin
26th October 2023, 10:47 PM

It's really surprising,just have to look at all the people that pay to watch those Social Media influencers,the Paul brothers or KSI.People are paying big to watch them.

Myself it's a waste of my money to pay that,but i will watch it because i have 2 avenues of free streams to watch.Or i wouldn't bother.

ianlfc
27th October 2023, 07:07 AM
It's really surprising,just have to look at all the people that pay to watch those Social Media influencers,the Paul brothers or KSI.People are paying big to watch them.

Myself it's a waste of my money to pay that,but i will watch it because i have 2 avenues of free streams to watch.Or i wouldn't bother.

The "social media influencers" I can see the appeal of young people ( which is a big part what's wrong with young people !!) But Fury and the other guy is more for the fighting fans which I very much doubt they'll be interested in. Especially for such a large price.
Free streams will get 99.9% of the revenue 🤣🤣

teesred
27th October 2023, 08:35 PM

I think you'll be surprised mate. I reckon it'll do more ppvs than pretty much every title fight this year.
It'll sell more than Usyk Dubois and that was a world title fight.
It's been hyped to fuck and at the end of the day it's Fury. Like him or not he sells.
The whole fights a joke but if promoters weren't ruining boxing we wouldn't have these nothing fights where non pro boxers are making a lot of money.
I think Ngannou will be getting paid more than someone like Terence Crawford who's an undisputed champion and a legend.

ianlfc
28th October 2023, 11:13 PM
This is a proper circus 🤣🤣🤣 Mad !!

ianlfc
28th October 2023, 11:15 PM
You just imagine everyone of the who's who have been handsomely paid to attend.

ianlfc
29th October 2023, 12:26 AM
Fury is a bloody joke.

ianlfc
29th October 2023, 12:30 AM
What a fix !! Were the Spurs VAR team the judges !!

Kev0909
29th October 2023, 09:44 AM
Whole of boxing is a fix nowadays......... especially the "celebrity" bollox youtubers

Not the same, it's a joke of a sport.

ianlfc
29th October 2023, 10:37 AM
Lennox Lewis should be ashamed of himself saying after the fight Fury deserved the win. Carl Frampton near pissed himself laughing at him saying that.
How much was he paid !!

Insidious
29th October 2023, 11:10 AM
Ngannou comes out of that looking excellent irrespective of the result.

Usyk will be beyond confident having witnessed that.

teesred
29th October 2023, 12:04 PM
Farcical really, he was never gonna be allowed to lose. It'll be a different Fury in December.
Dec 23rd. It's confirmed, the one we all want to see.
Wonder who Ngganou will fight next.

Kev0909
29th October 2023, 12:10 PM
Ngannou comes out of that looking excellent irrespective of the result.

Usyk will be beyond confident having witnessed that.

Why? it's a set-up.... these fights gettign staged as much as WWE ffs

2 actual boxers with something on the line? much different.....

ianlfc
29th October 2023, 12:20 PM
Farcical really, he was never gonna be allowed to lose. It'll be a different Fury in December.
Dec 23rd. It's confirmed, the one we all want to see.
Wonder who Ngganou will fight next.

Hopefully Mike Tyson sees him right in Vegas and gets him a huge payday. As sid says he came out of the fight with huge credit.
I agree that Fury was always going to win but he's lost huge respect after that.

Insidious
29th October 2023, 10:12 PM
Why? it's a set-up.... these fights gettign staged as much as WWE ffs

2 actual boxers with something on the line? much different.....

I'm a casual follower, so pinch-of-salt etc - but in terms of the degree to which such a fight is "staged" - if it is as fake as WWE then it's an incredibly bad PR call from anyone affiliated with promoting Fury and making him look good. Being the Heavyweight Champion and having the narrowest of victories (including a knock-down) makes you look really poor as a Boxer and only fuels the fire to those who perceive him as average (compared to the greats) when taking who he has fought in his defences into account, not to mention the fights he hasn't had.

Whyte was shot. Chisora was shot. Joshua hasn't happened. Usyk (the one that has to happen) hasn't happened and Wilder has serious limitations when it comes to technique, dangerous as his right hand is.

We need to see him fight someone mobile. We need that Usyk fight and honestly I'd even bloody take a Ruiz fight at this point out of sheer curiosity. He has always been matched up against the more static lad who comes in and doesn't counter well.

Last night's highlights and his post-fight chat made him look really poor. Hence my feeling that Usyk will take huge encouragement when going up against someone who should have (in theory) been winning that bout against Ngannou comfortably via better Boxing technique/proficiency.

fagin
30th October 2023, 09:13 PM
Fury vs Usyk will be rescheduled for 2024,definitely not happening on Dec 23/2023.

There is very little time for Fury to prepare for Usyk,less than 8 weeks especially with the pounding he took.
Frank Warren said after the fight,he wouldn't be ready to face Usyk,even without the cut above and to the side of his eye.

CCTV
1st November 2023, 07:11 PM
I'm a casual follower, so pinch-of-salt etc - but in terms of the degree to which such a fight is "staged" - if it is as fake as WWE then it's an incredibly bad PR call from anyone affiliated with promoting Fury and making him look good. Being the Heavyweight Champion and having the narrowest of victories (including a knock-down) makes you look really poor as a Boxer and only fuels the fire to those who perceive him as average (compared to the greats) when taking who he has fought in his defences into account, not to mention the fights he hasn't had.

Whyte was shot. Chisora was shot. Joshua hasn't happened. Usyk (the one that has to happen) hasn't happened and Wilder has serious limitations when it comes to technique, dangerous as his right hand is.

We need to see him fight someone mobile. We need that Usyk fight and honestly I'd even bloody take a Ruiz fight at this point out of sheer curiosity. He has always been matched up against the more static lad who comes in and doesn't counter well.

Last night's highlights and his post-fight chat made him look really poor. Hence my feeling that Usyk will take huge encouragement when going up against someone who should have (in theory) been winning that bout against Ngannou comfortably via better Boxing technique/proficiency.

Don't you hate Fury ?

Didn't see the fight, sounds like Mike Tyson did fairly well passing on the old wisdom to Nganu.

teesred
15th November 2023, 08:23 PM
What a card that is in 23rd December in Saudi. Can't wait for that.

fagin
15th November 2023, 10:27 PM
What a card that is in 23rd December in Saudi. Can't wait for that.

Well it is certainly being hyped up as such,although i'm not overly happy that Joshua has already began shooting his mouth, about what he's going to do to Wallin.

teesred
16th November 2023, 12:32 AM
I've listened to the conversation between them and it seems AJ is responding to things Wallin has said.
Both Parker and Wallin are decent opponents but I'd expect both Wilder and AJ to come through those bouts.
I hope that cheating prick Miller gets his arse handed to him. What a fat gobshite he is.

fagin
16th November 2023, 05:31 AM
I've listened to the conversation between them and it seems AJ is responding to things Wallin has said.
Both Parker and Wallin are decent opponents but I'd expect both Wilder and AJ to come through those bouts.
I hope that cheating prick Miller gets his arse handed to him. What a fat gobshite he is.

That's good thanks for updating me,yeah they should provide reasonable competition for Wilder and AJ.Plus if they come through them they're supposed to line up against each other.

I hadn't heard much about Miller as a fighter other than the failed drug test scenario.

fagin
20th December 2023, 12:23 AM
So we will get to see Aj's and Wilder's skills on display this Saturday in what hopefully will be a couple of good matchups.Then providing both come through their respective fights unscathed,it will setup a long awaited matchup between the 2 possibly fighting on the undercard of Fury vs Usyk.
At least Part 1 of the scenario will get to play out on Saturday.

teesred
20th December 2023, 04:55 PM
Aye I'm looking forward to it. Should be some good fights.

teesred
23rd December 2023, 11:50 PM
Joseph Parker. Take a fucking bow. Quality fight from him.

fagin
24th December 2023, 12:13 AM
Wow ! what a borefest,congrats to Parker but even with the result he's no star fighter and will never headline an event.imo

Maybe i was expecting a higher class product,unfortunately he is a Chisora style journeyman.

As for the pathetic display from Wilder,after a 2year period without fights he came in very unprepared,which is absolutely no excuse for me.

Hopefully AJ and Wallin treat us to a decent fighting display,to lift spirits after that!!!

teesred
24th December 2023, 12:23 AM
The atmosphere has been shite.
London or Vegas would be bouncing.

fagin
24th December 2023, 12:28 AM
The atmosphere has been shite.
London or Vegas would be bouncing.

Maybe and it is a big maybe but the fights haven't really lived up to their promise and has possibly played a big part of that.

ianlfc
24th December 2023, 12:32 AM
No alcohol might be the problem!!

fagin
24th December 2023, 12:35 AM
No alcohol might be the problem!!

Good Point.....although i thought big events out there it was allowed ?

fagin
24th December 2023, 12:40 AM
Audio issues with DAZN,had to switch feeds

teesred
24th December 2023, 12:50 AM
AJ looked good but Wallin has absolutely shit out there.

fagin
24th December 2023, 12:55 AM
AJ looked good but Wallin has absolutely shit out there.

Definitely a good display from Joshua think Wallins corner made that call to save their fighter from prospective damage.

I would have let him go at least couple more rounds.

teesred
24th December 2023, 01:01 AM
Throws it up in the air now with Wilder losing. Looking at what he said I wonder if he might call it a day.

fagin
24th December 2023, 01:18 AM
Throws it up in the air now with Wilder losing. Looking at what he said I wonder if he might call it a day.

On Wilder :

With his comments of how he's looked after his money,maybe this was just a boost my investments fight.

He needs a couple journeyman fights to get up to par and then decide on a top opponent,that is unless as you

suggest maybe he'll call it quits.

Obviously in my opinion AJ is too egotistical to call it until he gets Fury or Usyk to regain his belts.

This fight card has shown how short of talent we truly are in the heavyweight division.

And back to your atmosphere remark,when Aj was performing for the crowd their

was very little response which i deemed odd given his performance in the ring.

As you said totally different atmosphere in Vegas or London.

teesred
24th December 2023, 02:37 AM
You're right about the division. It's low on quality. If the fights arent real slug fest's like the Fury Wilder trilogy they can and often are quite boring.
Cruiserweight is much more exciting but doesn't get the coverage or glamour.

Wilder should have had a tune up fight or maybe two before this. Parker was a bridge too far after being inactive for two years.
I hope he comes back with renewed enthusiasm. He's a good guy to have in the division but at 38 you wouldn't blame him for wrapping in.

fagin
30th December 2023, 12:25 AM
You're right about the division. It's low on quality. If the fights arent real slug fest's like the Fury Wilder trilogy they can and often are quite boring.
Cruiserweight is much more exciting but doesn't get the coverage or glamour.

Wilder should have had a tune up fight or maybe two before this. Parker was a bridge too far after being inactive for two years.
I hope he comes back with renewed enthusiasm. He's a good guy to have in the division but at 38 you wouldn't blame him for wrapping in.

Apparently he has decided not to retire and return to the ring sometime in 2024.

fagin
6th January 2024, 11:21 PM
I see Anthony Joshua has agreed on a fight with Francis Ngannou in Saudhi around March 8th.

There is a possibility that Wilder vs Zhang could be on the undercard......but hasn't yet been agreed.

fagin
9th January 2024, 02:09 AM
There has been a simulated fight between AJ and Ngannou made for viewing it's in the Octogon called UFC 4.Although in the

Octogon under UFC rules,they just stand up boxing.It's quite good for the time it lasts even though most fans won't like the

outcome.......but hey it's only a simulated fight.over 5 rounds,they will be fighting 10 rounds in a boxing ring in March.

ianlfc
3rd February 2024, 09:53 PM
The big Dosser has pulled of the fight after getting a bad cut above the eye.

teesred
4th February 2024, 08:13 AM

"Really surprised at that". Said nobody.
He's been too quiet for this not to have happened, less than a fortnight before and no social media bullshit like what he usually does.
An elbow in sparring has caused that cut? Who the hell was he fighting.

Insidious
4th February 2024, 11:08 AM

With a pull-out game that good, it's amazing that he has managed to conceive children.