PDA

View Full Version : Rugby WC La France :-)

CCTV
10th September 2023, 10:04 PM
Misses the opener sadly, busy weekend, France beating the all blacks. Italy top of the group for now

England beat Argentina convincingly who a fair few fancied to beat them. Japan sit top of the group for now :)

The Boks beat Scotland. Having beat Romania, Ireland sit top of the group.

Australia beat Georgia by 20 points, the only game in pool C.

Seems the Boks are fancied to retain their title, France second favourites.

Expected Quarter Finalists
England Argentina/Japan
France New-Zealand
South-Africa Ireland/Scotland
Australia Wales/Fiji

redebreck
15th September 2023, 12:44 AM
Romain Taofifenua: France lock avoids red card for dangerous tackle

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/66815582

Lack of consistency in Rugby at the World Cup - sport is becoming a shambles

CCTV
23rd September 2023, 09:52 PM
Ireland beat the Boks 13-8 - a roller coaster classic :)

Ahoi HLOGI ;)

ianlfc
23rd September 2023, 10:00 PM
They should've hit the quarterback quicker.

CCTV
24th September 2023, 12:20 AM
They should've hit the quarterback quicker.

You should have seen them try !!

redebreck
14th October 2023, 09:55 PM
Wales and now Ireland both fail, and exit at the Quarter-final stage.
France and England the only two Six Nations sides remaining.
All Blacks should beat the Pumas in the first semi.
Expect England to beat Fiji.
South Africa v France is difficult to call.
It's a good competition.

CCTV
15th October 2023, 12:56 AM
Ireland fail to hit their top end and the all blacks deserved the win. Fucking infuriating watch, a few shouts at the TV and the irish lads looked like they knew they didn't hit their stride. Second half was a horrible watch. Finished 28-24. Ireland never leading at any stage.

Didn't see the Wales Argentina game, surprise win for the argies, Wales leading 17-12 last time I checked the scores then the pumas ran out 29-17 winners.

CCTV
15th October 2023, 08:24 PM
23 minutes in France 12 v 12 South Africa...

Incredible Jeff :D

redebreck
15th October 2023, 08:25 PM
As expected, England have beaten Fiji.
Amazing game going on between France and South Africa. 12 - 12 after 23 minutes.

CCTV
15th October 2023, 08:29 PM
27 minutes in France 12 v 19 South Africa...

CCTV
15th October 2023, 08:34 PM
33 minutes in France 19 v 19 South Africa...

CCTV
15th October 2023, 08:40 PM
36 minutes in and the first break in play of note via a few scrums

CCTV
15th October 2023, 08:47 PM
France end the half converting a penalty as South Africa have a man in the sinbin to start the second half

France 22 v 19 South Africa

Incredible half for the neutrals :)

CCTV
15th October 2023, 09:19 PM
France with another penalty

France 25 - 19 South Africa

CCTV
15th October 2023, 09:36 PM
67 minutes in France 25 - 26 South Africa

CCTV
15th October 2023, 09:39 PM
69 minutes in France 25 - 29 South Africa

CCTV
15th October 2023, 09:42 PM
72 minutes in France 28 - 29 South Africa

CCTV
15th October 2023, 09:55 PM
Full-time and the homecrowd are stunned

France 28 - 29 South Africa

Great game 👍

redebreck
20th October 2023, 09:09 PM
Argentina being schooled by the All Blacks. 27 - 6 after 45 minutes.

fagin
20th October 2023, 09:22 PM
All Blacks 34 Argentina 6 after 50mins

CCTV
21st October 2023, 11:01 AM
Full-time

All Blacks 44 - 6 The Pumas

Ref didn't help the argies 1st half, but they were thoroughly beaten.

England v South Africa tonight.. most fancy a NZ v Boks final on merit and for the spectacle. England will be a tough enough opponent for the Boks imo

Daffydd
21st October 2023, 10:06 PM
Trailing all match the Boks win it in the end 16-15

Daffydd
22nd October 2023, 04:09 PM
South Africa's Bongi Mbonambi has been accused of using a racial slur towards England flanker Tom Curry during his side's Rugby World Cup semi-final win. No idea

fagin
23rd October 2023, 10:56 PM
South Africa's Bongi Mbonambi has been accused of using a racial slur towards England flanker Tom Curry during his side's Rugby World Cup semi-final win. No idea

I could be wrong, but i believe he called him a white c**t........hardly a racial slur imo.because
(a) he is white
(b) anybody can come across as a c**t, especially in a highly contested Rugby game.

Daffydd
24th October 2023, 02:44 PM
He may look white to you but we shouldn't assume - maybe he doesn't identify as white?

Some South Africans saying it was a reference to his shirt colour so in the final it will be all black cnts.

CCTV
24th October 2023, 07:34 PM
I could be wrong, but i believe he called him a white c**t........hardly a racial slur imo.because
(a) he is white
(b) anybody can come across as a c**t, especially in a highly contested Rugby game.

Apparently white cant means something like white out or ball out, as in white ball out of rook, line out, maul, ruck etc

Though I do agree :)

redebreck
24th October 2023, 08:48 PM
white Curry doesn't have much of a ring to it

HLOGI
26th October 2023, 04:54 PM
Ireland beat the Boks 13-8 - a roller coaster classic :)

Ahoi HLOGI ;)

Ahoi.

HLOGI
26th October 2023, 04:57 PM
He may look white to you but we shouldn't assume - maybe he doesn't identify as white?

Some South Africans saying it was a reference to his shirt colour so in the final it will be all black cnts.

He said "wit kant" wit = white, kant = side. Meaning it is on the white side. No racial slur. Sour grapes. Curry should have maybe sought clarity before running to the ref. England were trying all sorts on the day psychologically. They even trying to disrupt the build up to the most wanted rugby world cup final ever.

Daffydd
26th October 2023, 06:10 PM
He said "wit kant" wit = white, kant = side. Meaning it is on the white side. No racial slur. Sour grapes. Curry should have maybe sought clarity before running to the ref. England were trying all sorts on the day psychologically. They even trying to disrupt the build up to the most wanted rugby world cup final ever.

Not sure how he could seek clarity? By asking Mbonambi?! He should just get on with the game.

It does seem like sour grapes. This World Cup hasn't been the friendliest or most sporting tournament.

HLOGI
26th October 2023, 10:19 PM
Not sure how he could seek clarity? By asking Mbonambi?! He should just get on with the game.

It does seem like sour grapes. This World Cup hasn't been the friendliest or most sporting tournament.

Maybe after the match or half time. Racism in our nation is a very sore point. The accusation is a very hurting one as the Springboks is a symbol of unity for our racially diverse and young nation.

So anyway over to a cracking final.

Irish and French defo at least deserved to be semi finalists but luck of the draw saw 4 good sides on one half, the English who always seem to turn up, Fiji I think is on the up with better support from IRB could be world cup champions in future. They posses the skill, power and passion. Imagine all their boys that play for France and All Black's and Aus turning up for Fiji.

HLOGI
28th October 2023, 10:21 PM
2 great nation's. All blacks our old adversary we won but our respect for you is higher than ever.

Well done Boks.

CCTV
30th October 2023, 10:44 PM
2 great nation's. All blacks our old adversary we won but our respect for you is higher than ever.

Well done Boks.

Didn't get to see it live, watched it last night. Congrats to ye Boks :) 4 WC's from 4 finals

The wrong green cnts for me ;)
Ireland still...... to make a semifinal. The only team to beat the WC winners.

The all blacks will be kicking themselves after the final. South Africa started strong and rattled the kiwis. But for a red card, but for a missed conversion, and many errors, they coulda won their 4th.

South Africa entered the world cup as favorites and delivered. France, England & New Zealand in the knockout stages.

Daffydd
31st October 2023, 02:37 PM
The Boks won their quarter, semi and the final all by one single point. That's some going.

CCTV
1st November 2023, 07:09 PM
The Boks won their quarter, semi and the final all by one single point. That's some going.

Unsurprising, they're a side made for the cauldron. Always a huge emphasis on the pack and set-pieces, the fundamentals.

Still can't believe how badly NZ ballsed up the final.

Daffydd
1st November 2023, 08:35 PM
Unsurprising, they're a side made for the cauldron. Always a huge emphasis on the pack and set-pieces, the fundamentals.

Still can't believe how badly NZ ballsed up the final.

Unsurprising? I thought it was quite a remarkable stat. Has it ever been done before?

Another stat I saw was that the Bok's No. 13 played 80 minutes v England but never once touched the ball!

CCTV
1st November 2023, 08:51 PM
Unsurprising? I thought it was quite a remarkable stat. Has it ever been done before?

Another stat I saw was that the Bok's No. 13 played 80 minutes v England but never once touched the ball!

Yeah, not shocking. It's the Boks, outside of them I could only imagine England eeking out such a feat.

No idea regards the records really....

Only 10 WC winning sides, only other 1 point win in a final
2011 New Zealand 8 - 7 La France

Just looking it up now... but I'm betting new Zealand won both games by 2 points minimum :D
QF - NZ 33 v 10 Arg
SF - NZ 20 v 6 Aus

HLOGI
12th November 2023, 09:36 PM
Didn't get to see it live, watched it last night. Congrats to ye Boks :) 4 WC's from 4 finals

The wrong green cnts for me ;)
Ireland still...... to make a semifinal. The only team to beat the WC winners.

The all blacks will be kicking themselves after the final. South Africa started strong and rattled the kiwis. But for a red card, but for a missed conversion, and many errors, they coulda won their 4th.

South Africa entered the world cup as favorites and delivered. France, England & New Zealand in the knockout stages.

Tnx bud. As I said French and Ireland deserved to be at least semi finalists.

HLOGI
12th November 2023, 09:43 PM

England and the conditions forced thr type of game. In all 3 knock out matches we played a game to win. Against France who played unstructured we were devastating on the counter.

England the rain, the way England pressed the ruck area legally or illegally at times forced us into mistakes and then we just believed we better and had to be composed and rely on our strengths.

Against New Zealand when they walked out of the dressing room I knew we would win. They looked over focused almost stressed. Sam Cane in particular. Then when the match started and we made first few hits I knew. Same as in football 10 man very hard to beat and wd allowed them territory and ball that is why it was so close but wit 15 each we actually had them all facets.

But all 4 nations we played massive respect Ireland, France, Enhkand, All Blacks. Any could have won it.v

CCTV
15th November 2023, 03:55 PM
England and the conditions forced thr type of game. In all 3 knock out matches we played a game to win. Against France who played unstructured we were devastating on the counter.

England the rain, the way England pressed the ruck area legally or illegally at times forced us into mistakes and then we just believed we better and had to be composed and rely on our strengths.

Against New Zealand when they walked out of the dressing room I knew we would win. They looked over focused almost stressed. Sam Cane in particular. Then when the match started and we made first few hits I knew. Same as in football 10 man very hard to beat and wd allowed them territory and ball that is why it was so close but wit 15 each we actually had them all facets.

But all 4 nations we played massive respect Ireland, France, Enhkand, All Blacks. Any could have won it.v

That's funny, I watched it knowing the result.

Watching it thought the kiwis blew it, think it was the first world cup they weren't favourite to win.
They've lost a few they were favourites for, guess winning one as a dark horse had them a little too pumped.

Harsh to say the boks wouldn't have risen to the occasion had the kiwis performed better. 4 wins from 4 finals, a Jose-esque record mentality -made for finals.

CCTV
15th November 2023, 04:04 PM

Ireland had the quality of team to get to the final - a rematch with the boks.
The drop off in performance between South Africa in the groups and New Zealand in the quarter finals stung.