PDA

View Full Version : FAO admins

redebreck
4th January 2024, 10:08 PM
PLEASE advise me on how to block individuals/posts.
I've been on the forum since 2006 and cannot seem to access & edit my User details.

CCTV
5th January 2024, 06:57 PM
I'm not an admin.

1 - select desktop mode on your phone.

2 - click on user/poster and view profile

3 - select - add to ignore list - top left hand side of page.

Think you'd see CCTV has posted say, but you wouldn't see what I typed.

redebreck
5th January 2024, 11:51 PM
thank you CCTV, will try later.

CCTV
6th January 2024, 04:02 PM
No bother redeb.

There's a poster on here who is a mod, but their name escapes me.

redebreck
6th January 2024, 05:22 PM
I'm using my PC and selecting the User, but all I can see is the User details/profile.
There's no "add to ignore list" appearing.
I've been on here so long that I think when the forum was updated, the update may not have upgraded or changed my profile/options.

redebreck
6th January 2024, 05:26 PM
I'm using my PC and selecting the User, but all I can see is the User details/profile.
There's no "add to ignore list" appearing.
I've been on here so long that I think when the forum was updated, the update may not have upgraded or changed my profile/options.

Another example is there's no way I can change my own profile!

fagin
6th January 2024, 11:33 PM
On PC after signing in across the top right should see Welcome Redebreck..Notifications...My Profile... Settings...Log Out.

Click on Settings....Your page should then show down the left side....Settings..My Messages..My Subscriptions..My Settings.

In the my Settings scroll down to Edit Ignore List..Hope that helps.

redebreck
7th January 2024, 12:50 AM
Thanks, will try it.

redebreck
9th January 2024, 07:19 PM
On PC after signing in across the top right should see Welcome Redebreck..Notifications...My Profile... Settings...Log Out.

Click on Settings....Your page should then show down the left side....Settings..My Messages..My Subscriptions..My Settings.

In the my Settings scroll down to Edit Ignore List..Hope that helps.

Thanks, will try it.

I'm not having access to some of the functionality of the forum. As I mentioned earlier my login/profile/whatever seems to be stuck in an earlier version of this site.
I think what I need is for my "profile" to be updated to the latest version if that is possible.

fagin
10th January 2024, 03:40 AM
I'm not having access to some of the functionality of the forum. As I mentioned earlier my login/profile/whatever seems to be stuck in an earlier version of this site.
I think what I need is for my "profile" to be updated to the latest version if that is possible.

What series of Windows are you using 7,8,10,11 ?

fagin
10th January 2024, 11:32 PM

I asked you this as i think you need a fresh install of the forum site on your PC,like start fresh.

redebreck
12th January 2024, 05:45 AM

Am accessing the forum through windows 10.

redebreck
13th January 2024, 12:10 PM
Looks like I may have to re-register in order to have all the options the rest of you have?

redebreck
13th January 2024, 06:30 PM
Looks like I may have to re-register in order to have all the options the rest of you have?

just had a look at re-registering, and found I'm not allowed to register using a "web-based email address"
(my email address is ......@yahoo.co.uk)
can anyone please help - I don't have an alternative email address.

fagin
14th January 2024, 01:55 AM
just had a look at re-registering, and found I'm not allowed to register using a "web-based email address"
(my email address is ......@yahoo.co.uk)
can anyone please help - I don't have an alternative email address.

Many people use several email addresses for various reasons......just sign yourself up for a new one say a Gmail account it's free and you can have more than one gmail account.........if you needed.

Personally i have 2, aol.com and gmail.com both are free but aol.com has lots of adds.

HaHa ! I just checked on my email address i used for the site and its one that got deleted about 8 years ago which was @shaw.ca from Shaw Cable, now they've been acquired by Rodgers.com.Canada's largest Telecommunications Company.

redebreck
14th January 2024, 10:30 AM
Thank you fagin, I've realised I might have a Gmail account- which I don't use that often!
It appears my only option is to re-register unless anyone else can help (mods?).

Kev0909
14th January 2024, 03:07 PM
The forums so backwards lol